Todoist Ratings

Overall

About Todoist

Todoist is a simple yet powerful to-do list app that can help anyone get organized and achieve peace-of-mind, no matter where they are or what device they use. From planning large scale projects to simply remembering to pay the rent, Todoist helps get things out of your head and into your to-do list. Trusted by 10+ million people and praised as a life-changing app by The Guardian, USA Today, the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Lifehacker and more. Learn more about Todoist

Financial Services, 51-200 employees
October 4, 2019

“How would I live without it?”

OverallOverall, I wouldn't change anything about the layout of Todoist. I could not stay organized or finish a good portion of my job without Todoist. It's relatively simplistic, but I love that about it, and I appreciate the intuitiveness of the tool in general.
ProsTodoist is very easy to use. I like that I can create a task and add as many notes to it as I need. When I don't have the time or brain power to finish a project at the end of the day, I create a task in Todoist so I can pick up where I left off the next day. It's easy to move the due date on any task if anything changes. The most significant way I use Todoist is to fill in the gaps on any work processes that are not fully automated. I set tasks out in the future all the time to make sure the final step is compete. Without Todoist I would be at a loss!
ConsThe only thing I don't like about Todoist is it doesn't always log my completed tasks immediately. When I mark a task as completed, it should disappear from my list right away, but sometimes it doesn't update until I have refreshed the page. I'm guessing this is an issue that will be solved by the Todoist team soon.
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
August 21, 2019

“What Did I Do Before Todoist? ”

OverallI've definitely seen myself become more productive with the integration of Todoist in my life. I've gotten in a good habit of writing tasks down in Todoist as they come so I'm not forgetting anything. I love that you can just easily have the list in front of you at all times to constantly remember what you have to do. The biggest thing has been the reoccurring tasks - I've been able to keep up with some tasks that can be menial and sometimes slip to the back burner on busy days. I love tracking my progress and really seeing how much I have improved with Todoist.
ProsWhat I love about Todoist is how easy it is to organize all my to-dos and tasks for a day and where they fall on my list of priorities. I love being able to quickly jot things down as I'm running from meeting to meeting and integrate it into my Outlook so I get reminders if something slips. Having the option to make something occur weekly has also helped me remember things that sometimes I can let fall in the back of my mind. I've been able to track my progress on how well I've been doing and seeing the number of recurring tasks that I have kept after is so rewarding. As a visual person, I love the color coding to help with prioritizing. It also helps when you have multiple teams in Todoist, so you can assign them the tasks and they know which level of priority the tasks are. Overall, Todoist has changed the game in how I organize and get things done.
ConsSometimes I do experiences glitches with the Outlook plug in and the tasks don't always integrate with my calendar to update me. I also can get too many updates for my recurring tasks sometimes as well, which doesn't happen too often, but is still something that can throw me off through the weeks. Sometimes the templates available aren't always the most efficient for that area of work (i.e. the content calendar one is a little too simple and doesn't always organize the content super clearly). There aren't that many cons to Todoist in my opinion!
August 21, 2019
Scott B.
Computer Software, Self-employed
August 1, 2019

“Intuitive product, quick to implement”

OverallI'm a proud premium member because the software does its job and doesn't get in my way. I use it for both my work and personal tasks, but separating the two out is really simple to do.
ProsI've tried dozens of systems for my day-to-day tasks, and finally landed on Todoist a couple years ago. The natural language processing for entering in tasks makes it easy to type something in using the iOS app and pick up where I left off later on my Mac. Typing in a date automatically adds the date information, which means I can just type "add photo to new blog post tomorrow" and have the task on tomorrow's list without having to fiddle in menus. As they say, it just works.
ConsThings that "just work" tend to have their little nuances that mean sometimes it doesn't just work. Todoist is constantly pushing out updates behind the scenes through their server back-end, which means you're always on the latest version of the software even if you don't update the client software. Sometimes that means they move too fast and break things. There have been multiple occasions where the software suddenly doesn't work as expected and I have to wait a couple hours for them to push out a fix. Perhaps their testing procedures will meet enterprise expectations eventually, but this is normal for cloud services these days...
August 1, 2019
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
July 22, 2019

“A Fully Featured Task Management Solution for Individual and Organizations”

OverallMy overall experience with Todoist is very satisfactory and will recommend Todoist to most of the people. The UI is fantastic, feature set is almost complete, integrations and API are nicely done and pricing is very effective. If they can add some additional features like custom day start and end time and also durations for tasks, it will be a 5 star rated task management solution.
ProsThe things I liked the most about Todoist is its feature set. It has got nearly all the features you can ask from a task management service. Also, integrations is a strong point of Todoist. It has a two way Google Calendar sync, also integrates well with Zapier and IFTTT. The API provided by Todoist is very powerful and lets a user/developer automate stuff to a deeper extent.
ConsThe thing I liked the least about Todoist is lack of duration of tasks. There is no way to set a start and end time to the task which can lead to various miscalculations. Also, there is no option to set custom day start and end time, which can be problematic for some people.
Rob C.
Marketing Copywriter
May 14, 2019

“Changed how I work & live”

OverallI use Todoist to manage just about everything I do, in the office and out. I've found it is particularly useful for breaking up lengthy task lists into day-to-day chunks of activity, as well as for creating plans for long-term work that needs to be picked at over time. With Todoist, I find myself much less likely to forget tasks that need doing, and to approach my work in an organized, methodical fashion.
ProsNo exaggeration, adopting Todoist as the app for tracking projects, chores, and other to-dos had a profound benefit to my productivity. The interface is fantastic, and integrations with IFTTT, Google Calendar, and heaps of other software makes it easy to automate the addition of tasks to your list or schedule. The reminders, though, are what really changed the game for me. Being able to schedule reminders not only for particular dates and times, but for when you enter particular areas is an incredible benefit. For instance, it makes it easier remember to pick something up when you're physically at the store, or to check on the status of a project as soon as you arrive at work. Finally, the karma and productivity streak systems, for those who like a little gamification, are nice tools for motivating yourself to stay on top of things. Many of these features require or work best with a Premium subscription, which I endorse purchasing, but Todoist is also a great app as a free service. Try it out; you won't be disappointed.
ConsThe biggest issue I have with Todoist is that while the web and mobile applications are top-notch, the Windows 10 native app is missing features, particularly in regards to notifications. Sync is also inconsistent with that app. It's easy enough to get by without touching the native app, but I would love to see it fixed.
May 14, 2019
Real Estate, Self-employed
April 19, 2019

“Streamlined Planning on All Devices”

OverallI used Todoist a few years back and loved it. I then switched to a different platform for one reason or another, but ended up coming back to Todoist for its ease of use and ability to have recurring tasks. I use it for my personal tasks as well as for my business tasks.
ProsI use Todoist for both my personal task manager as well as my business task manager. I'm a work-from-home mom with a growing business and I like that I can seamlessly use this for ANY task I need to complete. I am able to put household chores, personal projects and work projects all in one. It allows me to organize and categorize all of my to-dos I add. I love that I can have this on my desktop, tablet and phone and they seamlessly update constantly. It helps me know what needs to be done wherever I am. The other thing that I absolutely LOVE and saves me tons of time is that I can make some tasks recurring. I am able to add weekly, daily or monthly tasks to my to-do list. This has helped me so I never forget a task or skip doing things that come up just once in a while. When life gets really busy, and unexpected things come up I can easily change my tasks to a different due date. This makes a world of difference in actually getting my tasks done. Instead of having a to-do list a mile long, I can re-prioritize what I have left and add it to different days as needed.
ConsMy only complaint is that I'm not able to see what I've checked off in the free version. Sometimes a task will get accidentally bumped and marked as done on my phone, and I have no way of going back to retrieve what it was without paying. The other thing I wish there was in this software was a way to add these items to my calendar. I use Google Calendars, and it would be really nice to be able to take a task and place it on my calendar schedule as well to keep my life super organized.
April 19, 2019
Recreational Facilities and Services, 1001-5000 employees
December 21, 2018

“A Highly Capable Task Management System”

OverallThis software has been highly effective at helping me track not only personal tasks but organize business projects amongst a team that operates in a non-traditional office environment. By utilizing Todoist, we have ensured more effective tracking and increased our completion rate of tasks. It also allows for an easier sharing of information, allowing everyone to be informed.
ProsTodoist is an excellent task management system that works well for both personal and business use. It offers the ability to easily organize projects and sub-projects as well as breaking tasks into smaller steps under one heading. It does take a traditional list format, as opposed to the visual card layout of Trello, but many people may find that they prefer this style. The following features are ones that I have found to be extremely valuable in my roughly two years of using this software: --Comments - the ability to make multiple comments on a task and even attach files has been great for both my personal and professional project management workflow. --Assigning tasks - being able to assign tasks to specific team members is great for managing complex projects and tracking accountability. --Integrations - integrations with popular services such as Outlook, Spark, Slack, Siri, Alexa, etc. make it easy and convenient to add tasks from anywhere. The ability to easily add an email is especially helpful. --Labels - the ability to label tasks and projects and then filter based on those labels is extremely helpful. --Natural language input - the ability to quickly and easily add a date, reminder, file in a project, or assign a person during the initial creation step makes it much easier to create detailed tasks. Overall, I've found this software to be useful and would highly recommend both the free and premium versions.
ConsSometimes, depending on the OS, the interface can be funky. For example, I find the interface for iOS/mobile to be slightly harder to use when it comes to easily rearranging projects/tasks or making comments quickly. I'd also like to see better visual organization in the form of custom icons for tasks. Though the ability to change colors exists, this often isn't enough during complex use. It would also be highly useful to assign tasks to multiple people or groups, instead of one particular person.
December 21, 2018
Joshua K.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
May 10, 2018

“As both a business owner + someone with a busy personal life, Todoist helps keep me on track!”

OverallToDoist has allowed me to keep track of my endless list of to-dos across both my business and personal life.
ProsI've used several "To-Do" list apps in the past, but none of them have ever stuck, until ToDoist. What started as a way for me to keep track of work tasks quickly became my go-to app for keeping me honest with my never-ending list of to-dos both in business and personal life. The ability to create multiple to-do lists and share them with multiple (and unique) people sets us up for success and accountability. I also love being able to assign a task to somebody on the shared list and provide a due date for each individual task. I've also connected ToDoist to my Amazon Echo Dot, so I can ask support team to add items to my shopping list or tasks to my to-do list. When a task is completed and checked off by someone other than me, I love that I get a mobile push notification confirming that fact, in real time. Finally, having the app on my phone along with on my iMac makes for seamless use regardless of where I'm currently working. Overall, I've been very satisfied with ToDoist!
ConsThere are some quirks to the program, but nothing that turns me off from using it. For example, each list is considered a "Project" and each project can have sub-categories. When adding a new task to a project, you are not given the option of a sub-category. Therefore, the task defaults to the bottom of the list. You then have to scroll to the bottom and drag/drop the task under the sub-category you want it to be in. I sometimes accidentally drop it in a fashion that it creates a sub-sub-category and then I have to manually change everything in that sub-category back over. I also have not found value to the Productivity Score I am given on a daily basis, along with a lifetime score. I appreciate the psychological benefit of game-ifying your to-do list, but it's just not something I find necessary.
May 10, 2018
Yaroslav K.
Information Technology Major
May 9, 2018

“Your personal assistant everyday, everywhere || Best portable task manager”

Pros*Flexibility You can use browser, android, ios, windows, mac device, apple watch, android wear or even use a gmail or outlook. Todoist is right there for you. *UI It has the most welcoming UI of all todo managers. Of course, tastes are different. But I believe, no-one would disagree that Todoist is well made and developed with Love. *Scalability and features No being a full scale CRM does not stop Todoist from having everything you might want to have for your everyday simple lists, reminders and tasks. Todoist offers such features as a great approach to structure of tasks, flawless work on the prioritizing tasks and creating simple lists. *Integrations and little things Todoist offers a broad range of features out of the box, such as projects, links as tasks, scheduling and calendar integration. You always forget to pick up or buy something. Or want to prepare for the day by creating a simple todo - this app is for YOU.
Cons1. More integrations needed. First of all calendars - at the moment the work there is mostly messy and is not optimized. It would be nice to have it in a compact and comfortable tab (calendar tab) and also add calendars on the go and display tasks or meeting in todoist. That would be a huge leap ahead. 2. Pricing of Todoist is not smart, to my humble opinion. First of all, they don't offer monthly payments, why not? Yes, I agree it's cheaper to pay for a year. But what if I am not sure. There are many todo apps and the pricing might be the only thing that would stop people from using todoist constantly, students for example. Would it not be nice to have more flexibility and options there.
May 9, 2018
Zoran L.
Multimedia Freelancer
April 11, 2018

“ An easy to use, versatile, productivity and organization multi-platform app.”

OverallTodoist is great for scheduling and deadlines and is an excellent collaboration tool. It is available on many platforms both online and offline, easily syncs and has an offline functionality. As a productivity tool, Todoist is great for teams allowing 50 people per project. It features the centralized team billing, management log-in tracking and priority support at an affordable price. It takes some thought and time to customize and use the product. The free version is restrictive, but the paid version offers a 30-day trial that uses a credit card information and is easy to cancel. Also, it is relatively affordable with a monthly plan. I highly recommend Todoist for freelancers, small, medium, and even large businesses.
ProsReal-time Data Synchronization among the different platforms. 30-day trial and easy to cancel. The end of trial email reminder. Many ways to measure and visualize progress. Variety of platforms, apps, and plugins supported as follows: Web, Win, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Android watch, Apple watch, extensions for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Email plugins for the Outlook and Gmail. It integrates with hundreds of applications such as Google Drive, Dropbox, IFTTT, and Pomodoro. Great social media presence. An excellent support blog and support help guide center. Todoist Sync and REST API for creating custom tasks and custom integration sync. Customizable shortcuts are available everywhere, regardless of the plan. Shared project settings. Quick add task feature. Project, label, reminders priority and a quick comment. Productivity meter. It has many options available for editing tasks. Available in 17 languages. Available in 10 multi-color themes. Daily and weekly goals. Motivational features. Backup downloads. Automatic downloads. Google Calendar 2-way sync integration. An email notification controls. Centralized team billing. It adds projects, labels, and filters to the favorites. It adds and removes users easily. The Todoist for Web changelog contains details for the web, plugin, and desktop versions of Todoist.
ConsNot a straightforward way to sign up with an existing account on an Android app. The trial requires a credit card info although it is easy to cancel. An Android app does not move to the SD card. Free version for Android lacks reminders/alerts. It limits the list to 200 active projects and tasks per project in the premium version. It should be unlimited. 2048 characters per task name and 255 characters per project name It should be more than that. The interface takes some time to master and lacks consistency. The calendar feature is missing. Personal and business lists are not plainly separated.
April 11, 2018
Richard S.
Software Engineer
201-500 employees
January 19, 2018

“An elegant cross-platform project manager that works wonderfully for individuals and small teams.”

OverallI've used Todoist for over 4 years, and it helps me manage both my work and personal projects. I use it for everything from grocery lists to large software development projects, and it works great no matter how big the project gets. The flexibility has made a huge difference. Over the years I've changed the way I work, and instead of having to go search for a new app, I can just change the labels and filters that I use to create a completely different workflow. I love that I can access my tasks and projects on my computer, phone, tablet, and even directly within Gmail. This makes it a great place to capture things that I want to do later. It's helped me stay on top of things and succeed in school, work, and at home.
ProsI enjoy the incredible language recognition that makes it easy to capture tasks, set due dates, priorities, organize tasks by project, and apply custom labels to tasks. It's very simple and easy to use, which is uncommon among professional project management apps. It is easy to break projects into sub-projects, and use sub-tasks to help break big tasks into manageable pieces. This makes it a perfect fit for small businesses or teams. It also has great collaboration features, such as sharing tasks with others, assigning tasks and sub-tasks to individuals, and attaching files and comments to tasks or projects. Todoist has an app for every operating system, including browsers, phones, desktops, the web, and even smart watches. I personally love the Chrome browser extension and Gmail integration. I love the custom filters, they are incredibly powerful and allow you to build your own workflows. I use filters and labels to organize my tasks by location, by priority, by the amount of time each task will take, and by due date. Todoist integrates with many other products such as Google Calendar, DropBox, Google Drive, Slack, Google Assistant, and dozens more. Todoist works hard to be everywhere and integrate with everything, making it a really powerful tool.
ConsTodoist only lets you view your tasks in list form. Most project planning tools give you a calendar view, a Kanban board view, or some other types of visualizations. You also can't set due dates on projects themselves, and don't have a way to mark a project as completed. You can compensate for this by using sub-tasks instead, but it can get annoying at times. The UI is very simple, and doesn't give you much control over themes. You can change the color of the title bar, but that's about it.
January 19, 2018
Andrew K.
Chief Operating Officer
Internet, 11-50 employees
August 20, 2019

“Good Basic Program, but Better w/ Premium”

OverallTodoist has been a solid task tracker for our company since we started using it more consistently. The ability to share and assign tasks has definitely improved our communication and organization. The key is to have every member of your group task list buy into the system or it becomes virtually ineffective. The paid features give this application a leg up on competitor applications such as Google Keep.
ProsThe Todoist application is a great way to get organized on a personal or company level. With shared task lists, you can easily communicate or assign daily tasks to other individuals in your group for effortless productivity tracking. Even using the basic, unpaid version, you can assign individual tasks to different users in your group with specific due dates so that everyone can stay on the same page without additional messaging or communication. The corresponding mobile application is free works and syncs automatically with your desktop account. The operation of mobile is very similar to the desktop version, which makes for an easy transition between devices.
ConsLike many applications, you do not get a majority of the higher quality features unless you paid for an annual license. For example, you are not able to view completed tasks unless you upgrade to the paid version, which can make task completion tracking very difficult. Another problematic design characteristic of this application is that it automatically sends you notifications for all uncompleted tasks linked to your account. While this is a preferred feature for individual lists, it is the default setting for group lists as well. This means that if you do not meticulously assign each task to an individual when that task is created in a group list, you will receive all notifications for that entire list, which can get very overbearing.
August 20, 2019
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
June 19, 2019

“Easy to use and great feature to integrate emails in your to-do list”

ProsIt integrates in your Google Chrome browser and also as a standalone app on your phone or computer. Best feature is that you can make an email in your Gmail a task into Todoist. And when on your computer, if you click on that task linked to the email, the email in Gmail will open up in full. It saves you a lot of searching time.
ConsI wish they worked more on their reminder feature. I have been using the paid version so I could have the reminders ring on my phone. For some reason, I found that these reminders would disappear very easily from my phone without me even touching it and therefore I would end up missing items to do. Despite contacting tech support, I was not able to find a way to reminders work well for me, but this may be on me. Or maybe there are the tech support explanation was not good enough or maybe their reminders features are not strong enough. What I've been looking for is a nagging reminder that only disappears once you act upon it. I could not find how to do this - yet?
June 19, 2019
Jason L.
Technical Lead
Events Services, 1001-5000 employees
June 5, 2019

“There are a lot of to do list and organization apps out there. Todoist is one of the best!”

OverallTodoist Premium is a daily driver for me. I use to set and receive automated reminders for tasks, events, and more. I hate paying for the premium cost but in the end I can justify it because I literally use it everyday. I even use it with Google Home around the house to save things to grocery lists and add things I need to get done.
ProsWhat I like most about Todoist is that it's integrated everywhere. Mac, Windows, Android, IOS, Wear OS, Google Home, Alexa... the list goes on and on. With automated features, smart dates, free and premium versions, projects, and other organizational tools you get many ways to stay on top of things.
Cons- Free version vs Premium version differences for power users vary (for example you don't get geo location reminders w/ free version) - If you have tons of projects and lists, things can start looking a bit wild
June 5, 2019
Miguel G.
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
March 20, 2018

“The "TO DO" List for Overachievers”

OverallTodoist has evolved with some features since I first used it. I wanted a "To Do" list a while back to monitor and track certain projects and ideas. Instead of a stand alone "To Do" list I wanted something that allowed me to add others and use it as a shareable and collaborative tool. Todoist was able to do just that. And I find it easy to use, setup and work with. If you have ever used a "To Do" list, this will be second nature. I have not tried the Premium or Business levels, but from what I am able to see, they are also very powerful and useful, as long as you can operate your business or projects as "To Do" lists.
ProsTodoist is a simple as it gets. It is a glorified "To Do" list with features that makes life easier. What makes Todoist superior to your average "To Do" list is its ability to group, categorize, and use filters. While these feature do exist in other basic "To Do" list, they do not have the same simple and intuitive interface of Todoist. And this is just the free version. Want to create "Projects" and track them as a "To Do" list, you can do it here... with ease. There are also many settings features and options, like import/export, sorting, and more. Want more power? Upgrade to Premium and get extras like labels, commenting and much more. Todoist also has Business accounts for all out collaboration among teams where projects can be managed via a "To Do" list format.
ConsThere are no cons I can see other than the somewhat tricky perception that features listed on the app while using the free version are actually part of premium. When using Todoist's free version, if you click on the visible links to add a filter or label, you are presented with a pop-up that tells you it is a premium version. Sort of a cross-sell there, which I often find a bit deceitful. But please, do not get me wrong. If such features are needed, it is worth the upgrade.
March 20, 2018
Peter Anthony G.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
September 2, 2019

“Great functionality but too many free alternatives”

OverallQuite good, but with so many apps going to a subscription they were all adding up and I wondered if Todoist should be where i put money every month.
ProsWhen i first saw Todoist the ios app interface was what got me. Swiping to get to what you wanted was at the time quite attractive and useful, and the idea of being able to use natural language to schedule was also new.
ConsIt was overkill for me. I did not need to assign tasks and many of the features i did not use.
September 2, 2019
Luis Ignacio C.
Diseñador gráfico
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
April 23, 2019

“The program that my life needed for order.”

OverallOne of the great benefits is to be able to include all the work team in a single platform, so you can evaluate who is responsible and the dates they have for each task assigned. It is a very efficient platform to organize work and who should respond. It is the intelligent virtual assistant that helps you not to have scattered spaces within your work teams. Personally, I have managed to improve my organization and be able to meet clients without forgetting anything. Reminders and being able to share tasks, has improved the performance of the daily activities that I acquire.
Pros24 hours seems like many hours, but when you have several jobs and responsibilities in publishing content and others, your life can be quite busy, so do not leave home. With Todoist I have achieved the balance I was looking for to be able to fulfill everything. I like that I can easily separate everything I have to do in a day, for weeks or in the month. I have managed to return my social life, scheduling space to go out and share with my friends and family. You can with Todoist, build projects in your calendar, in which you can dedicate the right and precise time so that you do not lose the notion of each effort that you dedicate to it, as well as the necessary periods for review and many other things that by routine escape Another element that I like a lot, is that I can include other related people in my plans, which saves me time in sending emails or notices, Todoist does everything for me.
ConsThey have invested a lot of time and inventiveness to offer one of the best time-organizing platforms I've ever met. I believe that the positive aspects are greater than the negative ones, so for my part, I only appreciate their multiple options and benefits for the organization of my work.
April 23, 2019
Néstor M.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
September 26, 2019

“Simple (but powerful) task management software”

OverallMy experiencie with Todoist has been great so far. As I said before, I´m not a big fan of this kind of software. I´ve tried quite a few other options in the market. But Todoist at the end of the day, Todoist is the only one that really filled all my needs.
ProsThe thing I liked the most is that Todoist is really easy to use. I´m not a big fan of task management software... but Todoist offers a perfect balance between ease of use and functionality. Todoist is a very intuitive software unlike others I´ve tried... It only will take you 5 minutes to personalize it to your preferences, and you´ll be good to go.
ConsThere´s nothing really bad to say about Todoist, frankly. The thing I like the least is that you can´t install Todoist´s Android App on older smartphones. That might be an issue for some people.
September 26, 2019
Dan S.
Assistant Director of Advancement Services
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
September 30, 2019

“Great for recurring tasks”

ProsI have been using the free version for a while now and really like the ability to set a recurring schedule for tasks (daily, weekly, monthly, annually, etc.) as many of the projects I need to work on repeat on a fairly regular schedule. If I am pulled in another direction temporarily, Todoist has a quick and easy list that I can return to and it also allows me to prioritize my day with the ability to assign "priority flags" to particular tasks.
ConsThere is no tracking or seeing your completed tasks (because it is the free version) to see if there are any trends in how you work that might show areas for improvement.
Arshad Z.
Senior Accountant
Philanthropy, 201-500 employees
July 26, 2018

“The perfect life planner”

Pros- Amazing way to sort lists - you can have projects and labels (labels only available in the paid subscription). I am looking into the GTD model by David Allen and labels are used as "contexts" - meaning that I have things to do in certain environments or contexts. I have list for things I need to do in the office, or at home, or on the computer, or at the grocery store, or at my kid's school. Once you are in a particular context, you look to your label for things you need to do at that particular place - Projects are a great way to organize yourself, having the ability to see updates for a particular project is really convenient - A vast list of shortcuts to improve efficiency -Drag and drop features make it convenient to sort your lists/projects -Date reminder - as soon as you have an item to do and input a date/time, the app understands this and generates a reminder for the task at that particular date/time, which is really cool! -Sharing projects - if someone else has the app, you can share a project in real time - Can access the app across devices
Cons-Dates - sometimes I don't want the date to be included as a reminder but the app always translates the date as such and would be nice if I could hit the backspace on the app and it would understand that it is not something I want as a reminder -Checklists - would be good if Todoist integrated checklists like Google Keep where you can copy and paste lists from a text message and Todoist would interpret each line as a separate list item or give you the option to paste it as separate items or one list
July 26, 2018
Public Relations and Communications, 201-500 employees
September 28, 2019

“From 10 different task management apps to one!”

ProsTask management and to do lists had always been a tedious chore for me. I've had to try and use way too many applications and plugins to keep track of my todo list and tasks. Then I found todoist, and most of my problems got sorted instantly. Todoist has a simple intuitive interface for adding new tasks and viewing tasks/project lists. But don't let that fool you, as it is super powerful and as detailed as you'd like it to be. Todoist also integrates woth every other programme I use. The Outlook integration can turn my emails into tasks instantly, and the same can be done with Gmail. It also integrates with Google Chrome allowing me to add tasks on the go, whether I need to add a note about a website link to read later or even create a research project based on a published paper I found. I also enjoy using the geo-location reminder, especially when I am running errands around town, as todoist would immdiately remind me to pick up the laundery or buy bread as I get closer to my favorite bakery.
ConsGenerally, there is nothing that I did not like about Todoist. However, after a few attempts with project managers to adapt them to use todoist as a simplified project manager app were met with failure, I realized that most PMs still prefer old clangy solutions over new simpler ones (the same issue was faced when trying to adopt basecamp internally).
September 28, 2019
Ashley C.
Patient Services Representative
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
May 15, 2019

“Stay Organized!”

OverallGreat! I feel so accomplished when Todoist tells me I completed multiple goals in one day. You don't realize how many tasks you complete in one day and seeing that notification that I'm doing a good job motivates me to complete more tasks and stay focused.
ProsLove how you can organize your daily, weekly, monthly and even annual tasks! Set a date for any task and Todoist will remind you when to complete! Also you can assign task to other people or groups. I love how easy it is to create and assign tasks-very user friendly. My favorite part about Todoist is that you can create templates, and import/export information from a template multiple times. For example, you can create an on boarding template for a new hire that includes all the necessary steps or tasks required to make that new hire an employee. Tasks can be as simple as "copy of US Passport". If you want to get real fancy, you can create principal tasks with sub tasks underneath it, such as, principal task: "New Patient Paperwork" then sub tasks: "Health Questionnaire" , "Medications List", "Copy of Insurance Card and Driver's License", etc. Follow the videos on Todoist's website as they will walk you through how to complete templates and principal tasks with sub tasks! They are very helpful!
ConsIt doesn't work very well as a computer application software. It works better as an internet application software, or works better when you log on from the internet. I also was interested in an iPhone app for personal use and I don't think they have one. If they do, by all means, download it for every day task organization!
May 15, 2019
Kirby C.
Business Owner
Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees
March 12, 2019

“My work/life balance would suffer without this”

OverallI read Getting Things Done, an incredible book that helped me learn how to organize my life. Todoist helped me implement that program. I have been using the program daily for nearly five years. It's been life changing for me. Before, I felt like my life was out of control. I had so many things left undone, things I'd forget, pieces of paper laying around with lists. I spent probably 30 hours researching software before I landed on Todoist. I didn't want to spend time actually learning the software. Todoist, with a quick ten minute tutorial, allowed me to jump in and use it either simply, or with the maximum functionality. I'll never change products. Highly recommend.
ProsI love how simple it is to use. I did not like other softwares because they seemed too complicated. Todoist is super simple to interact with, but has layers on layers of incredible, intuitive tools I can add if I want to. I can tag it, add a GPS functional reminder, recurring calendar updates, tag other people in it...or I can simple add a task and check it off. It's super customizable to what I need in the moment. I use it on my ipad, iphone and macbook to keep both my personal and professional life in working order.
ConsThere really isn't anything that I don't like. I can't think of anything. I am a super frugal business owner and I pay for premium for this-it's that important to me.
March 12, 2019
Cemre L.
HR Coordinator
Construction, 51-200 employees
September 5, 2019

“Todoist is Wonderful”

OverallOverall, I really do enjoy Todoist. It is a great app to keep you organized.
ProsI really love Todoist and the ease of using something so simple but effective. Adding things on to your list is so easy and the feature that allows you to type the date and time you want to be reminded is a huge time saver. It keeps you organized with the multiple labels you can place on your items, and it keeps you motivated with the fun "Karma points" you get when you complete tasks. I love that.
ConsI really hate this app around any daylight savings change. Honestly - everything else about this app is practically flawless but this one thing. Everything gets shifted and doesn't revert back to normal for DAYS after daylight savings happens. Contacting customer support is useless during this time because they're being flooded with emails and calls about the same problem. Hopefully, they have fixed this issue.
September 5, 2019
Robb G.
Technology Advisor
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
July 30, 2018

“The easy way to keep your life on task”

OverallTodo list has helped me get back control of my time when it comes to task scheduling and being able to not have things full thru the cracks. I am so much more efficient.
ProsThe hands-down best two features of this application are the chrome extension and the mobile app. It's so easy to pop open either way and start to put in what your tasks are or even better know what still needs to be done and then click the check mark to say it's done. The schedule feature could not be any easier to use to set your date and time. Just type in plain English and bam it understand it and schedules it. If you want to know what still needs to be done then just click it open and you see at a glance everything you still need to do. I love the feature to re-schedule things you can get done, it's a click of one button, and it puts them in the best time slots it thinks you will get them done. Since it is using AI, it gets better over time at knowing your time schedule tendencies.
ConsSince it uses AI at first it's not that good at re-scheduling items for it just puts them on the next day. At times it does not fully understand what time and date your putting in and seems to get confused when you are on the mobile app.
July 30, 2018
Kay R.
Education Management, 11-50 employees
October 4, 2019

“Incredibly solid product. All the features you'd expect.”

OverallReally great. Still use it every day many years later.
ProsFast! It's super simple and reliable. That's clearly the main focus of Todoist. It works every time. It's on all platforms expected. If you're looking for speed, reliability, and scalability, this is the task manager.
ConsIt lacks advanced features such as timers and advanced auto-schedulers. Skedpal has some great auto-scheduling features I'd like to see Todoist adopt. And I'd love countdown timers for knocking out to-dos. Lets say I have 30 minutes, tell me what tasks in what order to do with a countdown timer for each task.
Ryan S.
Assistant Professor
April 13, 2019

“Use it every day”

ProsI've bounced around between a half dozen different task management systems, but Todoist is the first one I've stuck with for more than a month or two. I've been using it now for over a year to manage all the things I work on. It's awesome because it's easy to schedule items across projects and see what I have to work on today. The integrations with other applications like Pomodone make it easy to make everything work within my workflow, and they don't try to restrict how you use your todo list. Their support is also really good, and they have a very quick release cycle. I once notified the company about an issue and a fix was released within a day. It's a solid application, and they keep making it easier to use. I love the natural language processing on your todos that automatically converts text to a due date. I can say "Work on X feature on Monday" and "on Monday" gets translated into a due date for the next week. Having an email address I can send/forward things to to add them to my todo list is great. I use it all the time to keep my Inbox empty, but make sure I'm still tracking all the todo items in my list.
ConsThe desktop application for Windows is pretty mediocre. I just use the website because the application feels limited somehow.
April 13, 2019
May 28, 2019

“Unload your head”

OverallProbably the hardest part of Todoist is taking the time to break out the tasks in your life and get them into the system so you can have it all there. Keeping up with it after that isn't so bad and gives great peace of mind knowing that you don't need to keep all this stuff at the forefront all the time.
ProsGives a cross-platform means of recording whatever it is you need to get done in any area of life. Track all the steps of major projects. Break everything down action by action. Record a quick note for yourself wherever it is you think of it. Get it out of your head and into a system you trust to reduce stress and anxiety. The free version contains enough features to be useable, but the reasonably-priced pro version does add the important feature of reminders if you're the type to need that, on top of many other enhancements that let you organize more effectively if that's the kind of life you've got.
ConsThe worst I could say is the features like reminders and task notes are locked behind the paid version but is that really a con? It's a good software and not littered with ads in the free version so if those are features you need, it's probably worth paying the modest cost for.
May 28, 2019
Julian Jacques M.
Office Automation Developer
September 9, 2019

“Organises my day”

ProsTodoist is probably the essential productivity tool I use. It organises all my tasks and helps me to stay on top of everything. The way I can enter new tasks, choose a due date and set a reminder just by typing a natural sentence is incredible. The iOS app is also great and even allows me to create new tasks with Siri.
ConsThe Windows app sometimes has sync issues, causing tasks to reappear. The recent price increase is a bit too much for what it's offering, but my old account was grandfathered in so I personally cannot complain.
September 9, 2019
Mitch G.
Partner
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
November 27, 2018

“Todoist Keeps EVERYTHING Organized”

OverallTodoist has given us a central place to keep track of everything we have to do. I use it as a quick daily planner, a place to store a few pieces of data that are needed often, and a way to keep up with home tasks, work projects and family responsibilities. The software is very well thought out!
ProsHaving tried a number of different list software apps ...this one had all the features I was looking for and a few that I hadn't even considered. Todoist works everywhere--there is a windows 10 app, a phone app, a panel for Outlook and a web version--very convenient. It does what most list apps do, but has some important features that really help: 1) You can make a series of individual named lists and items within can be hierarchical. 2) items on lists can be scheduled, tagged, labeled and highlighted. 3) Lists can be shared with other users and in that case items can be assigned. 4) List items can have notes and items attached. 5)Shared items can be set to notify list users when something changes.
ConsOccasionally it is difficult to move an item to a specific depth in a hierarchy by dragging. However there are right click menu items that help solve that.
November 27, 2018
Alfredo S.
Co-Founder & Managing Partner
Investment Management, 11-50 employees
August 15, 2018

“Todoist for Business and as a Project Management tool”

OverallI've first used Todoist as a personal task tracker, and seen it evolve into a more powerful platform. I gave it a test with my company (marketing agency and also an investment fund) and use it with my team. I am very pleased about all its easy integrations, very straightforward UX and a big complete help center with a lot of information to help you right configuration.
ProsOne of the things that me and my team enjoyed the most was the ease of use, that starts as a task tracker but evolves into more complex settings. Also, there is a lot of information on how to set it up according to your personal or professional needs. Only the paid versions let you modify some setups, but for its cost it's worth the investment. Another interesting thing is that it lets you live with two profiles on the same platform, your personal one and your business one which helps ease switching accounts or apps between your personal "shopping list" and your projects
ConsThere are few things me and my team didn't like, and it's mostly a lack of things that some other PM tools have, such as a timeline view for project completion and advancements.
August 15, 2018
Kyle P.
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
September 27, 2019

“Best To Do List App”

OverallI haven't used an app that is able to more easily capture action items. The smart labeling/scheduling when using the "quick add" functionality is magical.
ProsTodoist's best strength is that it is up to the user how deep you want to get with its features. On its face, Todoist is exceedingly simple to use. However, if you dig and research a little, you'll find virtually any feature you want related to a to-do list is there.
ConsCurrently, I don't love the integration with Google Assistant or Siri Shortcuts, but I do need to spend more time setting it up. Would also love the iOS app to sync with the system dark mode settings.
September 27, 2019
Internet, 11-50 employees
May 21, 2019

“The one to do list app that I actually use”

OverallThe magic of Todoist is the natural language input. It makes it so easy to add tasks that you actually use it. I've used plenty of to-do list apps in my day but they always become a chore - at some point I'd rather just jot the task down on a sticky note or on the back of my hand. Not with Todoist, it's fast and doesn't require any thinking to get the task down in the app and out of mind - until it needs to be.
ProsThe natural language input is the star of the show here. You can enter something like "Check out the leads inbox every Monday morning" and it will make a repeating task just like that. It just works the way you want it to work, and it's great. This is really key because it takes the thought and effort out of setting up tasks. You enter your items in a way that makes sense to you, without having to struggle with a bunch of menu items. It sync effortlessly across all your devices and has some nice options for managing larger projects as well.
ConsNot much, honestly. Their pricing model is very friendly, and the software works great. I guess the UI could be a little more attractive, but that's not what is important here. I wouldn't use it for managing a major project, it's not the best format for that. But for your day-to-day list of action items Todoist is hard to beat.
May 21, 2019
Joshua S.
Student
Education Management, Self-employed
March 1, 2019

“Excellent product for GTD (Getting Things Done)”

OverallI am learning that not everything needs a deadline, my to do list will always be full, and that I can accomplish more than I thought.
ProsThis product is streamlined and integrates well with other products. The ability to organize your tasks on multiple levels is also nice. What I mean by multiple levels: you can organize in a standard list, that any task list app will do. However, you can also organize by tag. Why this is nice is that if you have multiple personal tasks (for example) across varying lists for time periods, you can instantly pull up all of your personal tasks. There is a wide combination of course of how suit this to your own needs. Finally, the reminders are extremely helpful and make it easy to prioritize your upcoming tasks. I hardly ever forget anything now, since I instantly put it on my appropriate list and give it a due date (if appropriate).
ConsI really hate to say this but I don't have any flaws to point out. I evaluated over five to-do list apps, in depth. (IQTell, Wunderlist, Google Tasks, Microsoft To Do, Asana, Evernote to name a few) This is the one I have been using now for over a year. A to do list is essential to my work so I was quite scrutiness in my evaluation.
March 1, 2019
Keenan C.
Accountant
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
November 1, 2018

“Why Wouldn't You Use This?”

OverallI have used Todoist for over three years and I have zero complaints about functionality. I cannot think of a bug I have encountered within the app. I have it on every device I own. And the blog is great, too!
ProsIn the paid version, the reminders are a life saver. The notes feature for different tasks lets you give greater context to your task if needed, which is a great feature. You can add links, or other files to the notes section, as well. Those are the two biggest improvements, in my experience, over the free version. The user interface is the definition of simple, and the scheduling features can read your mind! It's like a personal assistant telling you when things need to be done. And the ability to use it across devices is second to none. For business, the Outlook and Gmail add-ons are a must. The ability to assign tasks directly from email is a beautiful thing.
ConsThis is nitpicky, but I am not really a fan of the optional color schemes. First world problems, am I right? (This shouldn't be a deal breaker for anyone thinking of using Todoist.)
November 1, 2018
Steve W.
Online Communications Officer
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
September 6, 2018

“As todo app goes, after four years of trying different apps, this is the one!”

OverallTodoist is the one true app that I would recommend to anyone without hesitation. Everyone needs a todo app; and this is the one. It gives me back a great deal of time in my day by the ability to add tasks in the app but especially via email from any email platform. It's a pleasant place to be and yet never draws your attention to it until it's needed and the choice of colour schemes are very welcome. It is simply the best overall todo app, second to none in four years of looking at other products.
ProsThe ability to email particular tasks or task categories is a great feature that their competitors seem to struggle / not even bother with. The software is easy to use, simple enough to find your way around and yet complex enough to offer flexibility to work how you wish. Vacation mode is an excellent feature, meaning you can temporarily switch off the target tasks each day that you would otherwise do if in work. It also has apps for iOS, Android and Mac as well as the web version.
ConsEvery once in a while the iOS version will not sync very quickly if you are completing tasks on the web version / Mac version but it's w minor quibble.
September 6, 2018
Elvis M.
Founder of Listiller.com
July 29, 2018

“My productivity increased drastically thanks to reminders, labels, and endless active projects.”

OverallIncreased productivity and feel less overwhelmed completing tasks.
ProsTodoist is free by default with optional premium features. This means you aren't forced to choose one option over the other from the get-go. The ability to configure dozens of active projects suited for each day, all independent from one another. Your tasks are synchronized across multiple devices so you can access them on the go. Email and text notifications are crucial; Todoist handles this like a champ. Configure recurring and advanced tasks whenever you wish, such as, "the third Monday starting in November." Colored labeling and the ability to easily rearrange any task. Sub-tasks and sub-projects mean that you can assign specific names to tasks that are similar in nature, and categorize them accordingly. Highly competitive pricing.
ConsTodoist can be overwhelming due to the vast amount of features. It's great for everyday usage; as a highly active person, however, you will likely need to read their documentation sooner or later.
July 29, 2018
Ray V.
Stage Coordinator / Docent ICT AO
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
September 25, 2019

“Todoist Review”

OverallVery easy to use, flexible, you can enter todo's in different ways and it is really fast and works well with other applications like Outlook and Gmail.
ProsI really like Todoist in its ease of use and speed. Also the connection with other software is great. I can use todo lists in Evernote and have them listed in Todoist. I can also mail todo items to Todoist and assign categories and projects as well. Also the use of natural language is great!
ConsThere is not much to not like although through it's simplicity of use you might overlook its real power. It is not bloated at all but i seem to use only its basic features that i can only use fully when i pay for a subscription.
September 25, 2019
agustina v.
junior fellow
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
September 17, 2019

“Simple and straightforward task manager”

OverallSo far, so good. very simple. I used to used other much more complicated task managers and they were a pain. Todoist meets all my needs.
ProsThis software is very easy to use, and a great tool to keep my to do's organized. I can make separate projects, tasks under those projects, and tasks under those main tasks. It's also very easy to set due date: you just type "tomorrow!, "next monday", or whatever date into the task and it automatically recognizes it as a due date. No more scrolling around tiny calendars. You can also set recurring tasks very easily, e.g. "check-in about project every Monday". The softaware will regcognize "every Monday" as a recurring task and will add it to your to do's on such days. Also, it gives you an overview of the teasks for today, tomorrow, and further into the future. The interface is super user friendly and the design is simple but elegant. The mobile up is fantastic. You can also share your projects with others, which I find very useful.
ConsIt has a couple bugs, like not adding a task when I want it to (meaning, pressing "save" and nothing happens). Easily fixable I suppose.
September 17, 2019
Hardian N.
Digital Marketing & Media Officer
Food Production, 501-1000 employees
September 30, 2019

“a simple yet awesome to do list”

OverallI've been using it like 3-4 years ago, and i always comes back to this app, it is dead easy, the only problem is when you have a very long term plan, sometimes its a bit hard to lay down the activity and drown on your own task setting. but in the end i always end up using this app again and again.
Pros- held the principle of KISS (keep it simple stupid) very well but it can go complex as needed (attachment, comment on task, label, filtering, color tag) - has multiple app (windows & android for me) - very easy to use (could use sentence in setting the task date, like "buy milk tomorrow at 9am") - can drag and drop task, so you can design a very detailed task - quick sync, sometimes when i use google keep to take note it doesnt sync as fast as todoist - has dark mode - the founder has commitment not to sell out, no vc, so we dont have to worry expecting any sudden change in the flow of the apps. - cheap
Cons- karma system... meh - not very good for long term plan, like if you go very very detailed, you could drown on your own tasks
Libraries, 51-200 employees
July 22, 2019

“Best to-do app out there”

ProsTodoist is one of the few productivity apps that focuses on doing one thing really, really well. Lists are simple and everyone uses them, but Todoist is the only digital notes tool that fully unlocks their power. Basic users can create grocery lists and home improvement projects; advanced users can manage projects by creating tasks, assigning responsibility and deadlines, and measuring progress. Deceptively simple, but robust. Best priced premium features of any app out there.
ConsI'm spoiled by apps giving away everything for free. I like Todoist's premium features and happily pay for them (especially considering they cost less than a coffee).
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
April 25, 2019

“Stay on Track with Todoist ”

OverallI have been using Todoist premium for about two years now. I started by using the software in an attempt to remind myself to complete one-time and routine basic tasks. I have since brought my wife on-board as a premium member for some work and career goals we have. I have also convinced my boss to sign-up for premium so we can share tasks. Prior to using Todoist, these tasks were getting buried and lost in email.
ProsIt is very helpful to be able to review completed tasks and to comment on them. This way, a task is not recreated with the thought that it never happened (particularly when assigning a task to another user). I also like the plain English input, such as assigning a task for "every Sunday." I've also studied some of David Allen's Getting Things Done, and Todoist can be used to follow this method. Last but not least, Todoist is supported on every device I own, which is a big plus.
ConsThere is nothing that I can think of that I don't like. I have tried a few other solutions in the past, but this one stands above the rest.
April 25, 2019
Dave P.
October 13, 2016

“ Incredibly easy and agile project management application”

OverallI've used Todoist Premium for about 18 months. I moved from a very popular Mac GTD app because I use Windows at work, an iPhone, Mac and Linux at home, and I wanted an application that worked everywhere. Todoist is great. The web app has been rock solid and that's my primary interface for using Todoist (there are native Mac & Windows apps along with the expected iPhone/Android apps). It's fast, it uses natural language for task input, and it takes very little time to figure out how everything works together. I still miss a couple of features from the Mac app, but the ubiquity of Todoist has proven to be far more important to me. I mention my previous experience because Todoist for Business is basically Todoist Premium with some slick collaboration features baked into the application. Sharing a project with your team allows the team to comment on the project or any task within the project. You can attach files/images to a task or link Dropbox/Google Drive. There's a great activity log that will show you your activity for the day as well as the activity of your team members. Note: the activity log only displays activity of shared projects to your team. Your personal tasks remain visible only to you. Todoist for Business doesn't do everything. No Gantt charts, and the segmentation of different teams is clunky in comparison to other project management apps. Todoist also lacks a certain "polish" of other management apps, but I feel this is partially by design. There's a lot of white space, which reduces the amount of clutter. For a couple of members of our team, that was a key feature. "I don't feel overwhelmed when looking at Todoist" was one comment. Customer support has also been great. You'll also be hard-pressed to find a better deal. It's only $29 per team member for an entire year. If you're on a tight budget, and don't have a lot of teams in your organization, Todoist may be the right choice for you simply for budgetary reasons. Todoist takes very little time to learn, so the on-boarding time is minimal. We've started using Todoist for Business on a more consistent basis and we're finding that the lack of clutter and advanced features is actually helping us get more done.
ProsUbiquity and ease of use.
ConsLack of certain advanced features. More segmentation of teams would be helpful.
October 13, 2016
Adarsh R.
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
February 13, 2018

“The one list app to rule them all”

OverallThis software really helps me keep my life organized on a day-to-day, hour-to-hour basis. In conjunction with a good calendar and top-level management platform (like Trello) it can really improve your workflow.
ProsAmazingly easy to set up and get started Integrates well with your existing software Has a great feature set that actually makes managing your to-do list a lot easier The task creation flow is very streamlined and easy to use Labels + filters + priorities help you quickly organize and sort through your tasks It's on literally every single platform you can imagine The Karma point system is strangely motivating, and also provides good metrics to give you insights into how your working
ConsThere are some weird errors on Android that sometimes crash the app On Android, I can't simply click a link I have stored as a to-do -- I have to edit that item and copy/paste the link into my browser manually which is a pain The Windows 10 app needs some serious work
February 13, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
September 30, 2019

“One of the most versatile and sticky todo apps ever”

OverallOverall, it is a great experience using it. It is one of those apps you keep using and great for task management.
ProsThis is an app that makes you stick to your tasks and actually get things done. I am a procrastinator. And I have used a whole bunch of todo apps. The only real parameter I use to judge a todo app is if I can stick to it and complete the tasks. Todoist hits the bullseye on this. The NLP for adding dates is super easy and one of the best features of this. This is an app that is subtle in its list management. You only see what you are supposed to do today and everything else stays very much out of sight so it doesn't prey on your mind. The label and filter features are also useful. The subtasks are a standout, as are the project and goal features.
ConsIt is a tad on the expensive side. Also, the review features are not fully fleshed out for an app that tries to be full-featured.
John B.
Business Administrator
Music, Self-employed
May 9, 2019

“How did I ever get anything done before Todoist?”

OverallIt's reliable and versatile. I use time blocking in Google calendar to plan my day.. and I have Todoist set up to sync with Google Calendar. I can schedule something in Todoist and it shows up in my calendar almost immediately. I can click on that calendar item to go back to Todoist for an attached file. And I can edit the item in Google Calendar and that edit is reflected in my Todoist project.
ProsThe ability to set up filters - narrowing down tasks by project and priority. A sweet option is the ability to schedule task by merely typing it in using common language. Like "every other day at 1 pm starting Friday" or "Ev! 20 days" - this one sets it up every 20 days... and if you don't complete the task for a few days... once it's done - complete it.. and the next occurrence of the task will be 20 days from the day you completed it... not as originally scheduled.
ConsIt would be great if you could easily next tasks.. and complete them all at once. You can complete the main task... but all of the sub tasks will also need to be completed - but even that is not a big problem.. you can leave them without a due date.
May 9, 2019
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
December 18, 2018

“Todoist: You Can Lead A Horse to Water”

OverallThe project planner in me really wants to love Todoist; if you're willing to invest the time to learn its power, it's hard to imagine a more capable personal/team management tool. At the end of the day, I've moved on to a competitor with a dead-simple UX, but Todoist, I will always wish I had more time to fall in love with you.
ProsTodist is VERY capable software with both solid tech support and a strong cult following will get you up to speed quickly-and tempt you to learn some of its more obscure (but powerful) features. If you're looking for personal management software that works great for teams willing to play your game, look no farther than Todoist.
ConsTodoist uses a relatively reasonable subscription model; like many, I'm not a huge fan of those automatic payments that sneak up on you and you'll definitely want a paid subscription if you're planning to utilize the full power of Todoist. If you plan to work with a team in Todoist, you have no choice but to pay for their team plan. When I realized how much time I was spending learning the ins and outs of a clearly powerful bit of software, as the clock on my subscription marched on, I finally determined I would be content with a competitor (Things 3) that offers less power, but it emphasizes the PERSONAL in "personal management" rather than the MANAGEMENT>
December 18, 2018
Nora T.
Arts Grant Writer
Performing Arts, 501-1000 employees
October 15, 2018

“Amazing task manager”

OverallTodoist helps me every day decide what I am going to do and prioritize! I rely on it fully. I always try to get all my coworkers to use it too, as it can be a great collaborative project management tool as well as a task management app.
ProsTodoist is the best task manager I have ever used, largely due to its amazing customization, beautiful color coding, and satisfying interface. In my job I often plan follow ups far in advance and act as project manager on complicated jobs--Todoist allows me to schedule things far into the future, put them off when needed, and assign tasks to different teams all in the same place. The comment feature is also key when delegating tasks because it can almost replace an email telling an employee the context of a task. Finally, the "karma" seem gimmicky but, as a goal-oriented person, it actually increased my productivity.
ConsI only wish Todoist could have a more seamless integration with GCal or have it's own calendar view. If you are trying to plan out a project and working backward from a due date, this kind of view would be really helpful.
October 15, 2018
Nicole T.
General Manager
July 14, 2018

“Excellent Ongoing To Do List - If you keep up with it”

OverallHelped keep track of tasks when pen/paper wasn't convenient or viable across multiple teams and locations. Keeps you on task and gives you the little satisfaction of checking off something from your list. Keeps you focused on what you need to do rather than what others think you need to do, no more distractions!
ProsEasy program with not a lot hidden under the surface - consider it your online notepad. Great for coming in and writing down everything you need to do, allows you to organize it by team, who is responsible, timeline, and a progress/series of tasks for more complicated jobs. You can connect multiple teams to accounts to see shared tasks, or create private lists for your eyes only. Has some gameification features built in to encourage regular use especially in a team environment - awards for completing multiple days of tasks, etc.
ConsIf you are a procrastinator, this might not be the program for you! If you don't regularly use the program and build it into your routine, be prepared to be overwhelmed with daily notification about how many tasks you need to do today, and how far you are behind! Can be a little overwhelming when things get busy and timelines fall behind, but to an experienced multi-tasker, this might alleviate forgetting some of those mundane tasks. Completely depends on who you are.
July 14, 2018
Brittany H.
Web Coordinator
March 7, 2018

“It's not cluttered, and it's not watered down”

OverallI'm focused, I'm organized, and I'm realistic. I end up getting more things done that matter.
ProsI was having problems with other task management software being too convoluted and detailed and feature heavy, and it was hard to stay focused on the big picture of the week. Todoist seems designed to help you feel like you can breathe even when you are swamped. It has built in recommended due date features that seem to know the reality of how much you are committed to already. I love the notes feature, because I can copy in details from related emails or meetings so that everything I need to know can be accessed in one spot BUT it's not in my face all the time. I'm easily distracted because I have so much I want to get done at the same time, but this has really helped me focus and balance my work.
ConsI want more support and features for smartwatches. I feel like that's where I check things the most, because I'm often on the move when someone asks me what my capacity is or when I can fit in a new project. That said, it is still extremely easy to check.
March 7, 2018