My Hours Ratings

Overall
4.7/5
4.7/5
4.6/5

About My Hours

Cloud based time tracking software designed for small teams and freelancers. Track time on projects with tasks, generate insightful reports and send invoices to clients. Free iOS and Android mobile apps. "Easy to use time tracker" is the most frequent phrase customers describe My Hours since 2002. Start for Free and upgrade to PRO whenever you want. https://myhours.com Learn more about My Hours

Brian S.
Principal
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
July 18, 2019

“Flexible, Simple Time tracking”

OverallAs a freelancer, my ongoing success depends on my ability to get paid for my work. As such, an accurate and flexible time tracking software is quite possibly the most critical software function in my business. I cannot accurately bill my clients without it. My Hours does everything I need it to do, and is in an easy to use and functional format with a clean, uncluttered interface. It's become an indispensable tool for me.
ProsThere was very little learning curve. I had changed to My Hours from an old tracking software from another vendor (which I had used for many years) and was initially concerned that I would lose productivity when switching to the new software. But I was wrong. I was up and running in less than an hour. Once I got it running, I quickly realized that it was more flexible than the old software I had been using and would enable me to do everything I was accustomed to doing with the old software but with none of the problems that drove me to change. It's been a painless and seamless change to using My Hours.
ConsAt first the user interface took some getting used to, and some of the features were in unfamiliar or unintuitive places, but that quickly became a non-issue for me. And the company is always making incremental improvements.
July 18, 2019
Jeannie C.
Accounting, Self-employed
July 15, 2019

“Best time tracker for solopreneurs!”

OverallAbsolutely love My Hours & have for years! I am a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and have a free TSheets account, and have used many different time trackers over the years, I prefer My Hours. If I had a team I might need the features of TSheets, but since it's just me, My Hours is perfect, and free. I love the simplicity and it gives me everything I need. Love the dashboard that shows me my average billable hours per day, and my average hourly rate. I've set up projects/tasks for unbillable time as well as billable, so the dashboard is invaluable in showing me how productive my time is.
ProsFree version has everything I need without a bunch of things I don't. Love the dashboard!
ConsCan't remove unused columns, such as status & invoiced, from activity report
Nadege B.
Freelance
Executive Office, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
June 20, 2019

“If you don't need integration with an external app, this is the best time tracker I've seen”

OverallResponse time of MyHours is amazing. You click, it starts. Some other software are simply too slow to process information or start tasks and I'm always wondering if the task timer has started or not. Also, this UI actually incites you to take notes which is never something you do naturally because, at that moment, you KNOW what you are working on. However, two months down the line, when the client says "what is this 4h30 log there ??", you can respond clearly "Oh you called me and you procrastinated for hours before making a decision, that's why it took so long dude !" :))
Pros- Its user interface is pretty, fast-reacting, intuitive. It takes no time to understand how it works. - You can assign the same task to various projects, which is pretty cool : the fact that I have several projects where the same tasks apply (I manage a client's clients and for each of them, I have translations, website audit, profile analysis to do... So it's great to create the task once and for all and assign it to each sub-client). - With the invoicing feature, you can see immediately what's been invoiced, what's to be invoiced. As a freelancer, this is great as you don't necessarily invoice all your clients at the end of a month. Some yes, but some are invoiced at the end of a project. No looking around, exports, calculations, to see who needs to be invoiced. - Because of how it's set up, unless you are really not focused, it's pretty impossible to have logs that don't correspond to a project and a client. My previous time tracking softwares were leaving me with unidentified logs that kept me wondering for hours on what project / task I worked three weeks ago, at 1.21am !! :) I ended up deleting logs because I had no clue if it was a mistake or a real work log... - You can set up hourly rates per task or per project or per team member. That comes in handy because, in my case, I have different clients that I charge differently. And within the same client, I also have different rates depending on the project. - Pricing is spot on.
ConsLiking "least" is not how I would define it... I would say there is room for improvement in a couple of areas that are, right now, not critical for me (but might be for others): - No integration (that I know of) with productivity software / project management software (Asana, Basecamp, Monday, Slack, Airtable, etc...). For some, it will prove a bit wasteful to have tasks in those apps and to have to repeat them in MyHours. - Filtering is limited. For example, I have two clients that are close partners and even though I invoice them separately, projects are intertwined. I need to group those two clients together when I report and analyze time spent on projects. Right now, I can only filter one client at a time and I would appreciate filter where you can multiple select. - Like all time trackers I know, MyHours also doesn't provide a really great to have feature : providing a read only view for clients of logs applying to them. For example, one of my clients for whom I work on a daily basis needs to know my "count" for the month at any given time, so he knows if he can give me more work or not, since we are on an hours package basis... Having a permanent URL where he can check on his own where I'm at and what I've worked on and how long would avoid time wasted for him asking me and time wasted for me telling him :)

By Spica on July 19, 2019
Hi Nadege, thank you so much for your kind review. Below are my short comments: 1. We are indeed slow on the integrations part. Will improve on this front very soon. 2. You can, in fact, select multiple projects or clients in reports. Maybe it is not straightforward enough. Please, contact support to learn how. 3. Shared reporting would make total sense, thanks. Thank you for your suggestions and kind words. Miha My Hours Team
June 20, 2019
Kristen W.
Data Analysis
Legal Services, Self-employed
August 10, 2017

“Excellent and robust even as a free service”

OverallThis has allowed me to keep detailed billing records for a handful of my freelance clients. There is so much flexibility that I could easily use it even for flat fee projects. It is simple to set up and almost mindless to use, yet it feels very robust. I've never felt a feature is missing. After trying countless competitors, including some very expensive industry software, I'm still convinced this is the best choice. And as my business grows, there's plenty of room to upgrade and expand the uses. Also, and importantly, customer service is wonderful. One weekend, I stupidly locked myself out of my account but changing the email address to one I no longer use or have access to. I still don't know what I did, but CS responded within hours. They found my account even though none of the info I'd provided was accurate. They completely saved my weekend! And they didn't even make fun of me for the mistake! Through all my experiences, I've become a huge fan of My Hours. I'm happy to talk to anyone who is considering it.
ProsThis software is simple to set up and use. I don't waste any time setting up a new project. Once I've entered the client, I just start timing and go. I usually use the free version. I don't do a lot of hourly billing in my freelance career. So, I track projects and then add up the hours to create my own invoices in WorD. This service allows me to keep permanent detailed records, and my clients know they can ask for the information if they want to review how I spend my time. If I take on more than the small handful of clients I currently have, I plan to upgrade to a paid account so I am able to generate invoices and have more clients. But for a basic user, this is the best service I've found. And I've tried them all. Note, I used to be an attorney in a small practice. I would have used this constantly in my billing had I known about it.
ConsI sometimes forget to hit start or stop because there is no window hovering over my workspace. Other than that, I honestly have no complaints. It suits my needs perfectly.

By Spica on August 11, 2017
Dear Kristen, Thank you very much for your positive review. We are very happy to hear our service is valuable to you and that our support was able to save your weekend :) All the best, The My Hours Team
August 10, 2017
Melanie L.
Accounting, 1-10 employees
July 15, 2019

“Some very good bits & 1 or 2 niggles”

OverallOur old time recording system ceased to be supported so we had to find a new one. We looked at lots of alternatives and ran a new one for almost a year but it was dreadful. Lots of systems want to manage your whole practice rather than just log time so finding My Hours was a real relief. We run it alongside Xero and our CRM both of which we didn't want to change. Apart from niggles as above this has been a great system for us.
ProsIt's great to be able to log time as you work, whether in the office or in the move. I'm sure being easy to do so means we capture more chargeable hours than we did using our old (very annoying) system.
ConsOverall this is a great product but I have a few niggles which I hope might get sorted out. I don't like that time is logged to the second rather than whole minutes or nearest 5 minutes - it makes us look money grabbing. Not being able to set up a new chargeable project without having to go into a more detailed screen is annoying and no longer having a link back to the time record from a time report is slowing us down. I don't like the time report layout as you have to look for the client name and project name - our old original system included a header with this detail which made for better client presentation.
David H.
Bookkeeper and accountant
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees
July 15, 2019

“great fit for a great price”

Overallassisting greatly with our monthly invoicing and monitoring of staffs productivity
ProsUsually time recording systems, when geared at accountants and solicitors, cost a fortune. This product is simple, and cost effective and has helped us increase our billing by approximately 10 - 15% percent each month, which far outweighs the cost. It helps us identify fixed fee clients who need a review as their business has expanded and the reports from my hours can be used to assist with justification of increases,
ConsUp until recently, the exporting of large volume of data was very slow, and frequently crashed the system, however the way the reports are prepared has changed and is now working super. e.g. show me all time spent on a client for the last 12 month by all staff.

By Spica on July 31, 2019
Hi David, Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! It is very exciting to hear that My Hours has helped you increase your billing by 10 - 15%, this is awesome! Thank you for your feedback on the speed of reporting as well, we are glad that the changes were this effective. All the best, My Hours Team
CHERI G.
July 15, 2019

“Could not do my job without MyHours”

OverallMy Hours saves me a ton of time tracking projects (I used to do it manually). And because I'm a one person show, cost is a big factor...free for me is great.
ProsI'm a freelance graphic designer so I don't need to worry about a team of people, but I do need an easy and inexpensive way to keep track of my time by project. My Hours makes it easy to assign multiple tasks to multiple projects. I also like that I can organize reports by client or project. I use the free version and it's great. I also like that I can edit my time if needed (ie, I forget to start or stop the clock).
ConsI often have the same task name for projects, but for different clients (ie, brand guidelines or datasheet). If I go in to create a new task, and it happens to have the same name as the task for another client, it says "task name already created" and I have to go to a different screen to enable this task to be assigned to the project I want. It would be easier if it just gave me a warning screen (like, "task name already exists, apply to this project anyway?").

By Spica on July 19, 2019
Hi Cheri, Thanks a lot for this valuable feedback, we appreciate your effort! Good to hear we could help you save some time! Hopefully, we will be able to save you another minute or two by implementing your suggestion in the future! :) Have a good day, My Hours Team
Barbara H.
Sales Consultant
May 14, 2019

“My Hours has the functionality I need and is easy to use.”

OverallVery good experience. On the rare occasion I have asked for customer support I've been pleased with the responsiveness. I feel that the subscription is very well priced. I signed up for the paid PRO version. Really pleased with the functionality. Though for a period I did not need the invoicing feature, so it was an added bonus that I could switch to the free version for just tracking hours, and my history was retained.
ProsI like that I can track by project and then different ways within the project. I choose hours. Then I can pull a summary as well as generate an invoice. Very easy and clean and very cost effective.
ConsIf I had to pick something, first I'll preface by saying in no way is this a deal breaker. But the calendar starts with Monday, instead of the US calendar view I am more familiar with which starts on Sunday.
May 14, 2019
David H.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self-employed

“Great tool!”

OverallTracking time is so easy on this app and program. The software works concurrently between my phone and my computer. It is very easy to manage all of my customers and my time on each project. My customers like my time reporting on their billing, it helps them see how my time was actually spent. It helps me see when I am productive and when I am not.
ProsVery detailed Nice time reports Rigid, yet flexible time tracking Customization per customer Noting what I am actually working on during the time being tracked Works on my phone and my computer
ConsReporting is a little tricky Can not customize reports
Jenifer H.
Business Analyst
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
July 23, 2019

“Great tool for tracking time on projects!”

OverallLove this software -- and did I mention its free for one user! I don't bill for my time, but I do need to keep track of time spent on various projects and on tasks within those projects. I work a helpdesk in a addition to various documentation projects. So during the day, when I pick up the phone to answer a helpdesk question, I just click to start tracking my time. When I'm done, I click back to tracking the documentation project that I was working on. Super simple! Great for reporting on my time spent -- however it was spent! I will be retiring in a couple of years and plan to work as a professional genealogist. I will definitely be using MyHours to keep track of my time spent then!!! Thanks so much for a great product!
ProsEasy to set up projects that you need track your time on. Easy to add tasks so that you can identify how you are spending your time on a particular project. Super easy to switch from project to project as you work through your day. Love being able to add all the projects that I plan to work on that day and then switch between them. Great tool to get reports on time spent on projects over a year for yearly job review (Bleh!). Not to mention Free for just one user (me!).
ConsCould do with more flexible report options. The new report functionality is a bit more difficult to use than the previous ones.
July 23, 2019
Bonnie L.
Multimedia Content Developer
E-Learning, 5001-10,000 employees
July 16, 2019

“Great Project Tracking Software”

OverallWhen I started this position three years ago it was a brand new position. My manager wanted me to track the amount of time I spent on different projects so we could better define the role. I tried a few different things before I found My Hours, and I've been using it ever since. I love it! (And so does she! In our last meeting she said she wished everyone in the department kept track of their time with My Hours!)
ProsThe ability to keep track of the hours I spend on all the different projects I work on for my department.
ConsThe reports. When I print them as PDF the page sometimes breaks across the charts. I'd like to be able to set my own page breaks.

By Spica on July 18, 2019
Hi Bonnie, thank you for your kind review and valuable feedback. Thanks, My Hours Team
Veronica T.
Freelance Editor
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
July 15, 2019

“I use the free version, and I love it”

OverallBecause I work from home, I could not keep track of how much time I was actually putting in on the job. With constant interruptions from children, pets, and spouse, I felt that I was working 8 hours, but I was only getting about 2 hours work done. With this program, I was able to give my family a visual report about how much time I was actually getting to work at one time. Once they understood how their interruptions were interfering with my workday, they were more understanding of my time and started backing off during work hours.
ProsI can track my hours according to client, project, and task. I can create reports based on days, weeks, or months or based on client, project, or task. If I need a report that I cannot figure out how to create, I can download all the data to my hard drive and fiddle with it in Excel. I love this software because I can do almost everything I need to do with a keyboard shortcut. My favorite thing, though, is the ease with which it tracks my hours and lets me know how much time I spent actually working today.
ConsSome of the reports are difficult to figure out how to create, though I do usually get there eventually. Also, I don't have a way to sort according to the Notes, so I had to create separate tasks for each chapter, so I'd know how much time I was spending on specific chapters.
Lori A.
Software Engineer
July 15, 2019

“Best Hours Tracking Tool”

OverallI use it as an independent contractor to bill clients. I also use it as an employee to track my time to enter into a "bad" time tracking system.
ProsI like how easy it to use but has features to do custom reporting. It's always available, in 2+ years I've used it, it's always up. I totally rely on it to track hours and there has never been a hiccup. I like how it keeps tracking hours even after I shutdown my browser because I know when I stopped working and it keeps tracking even if I don't have my browse up. I love how I can edit tasks and make adjustments easily.
ConsSometimes when I go back to previous day, it might not refresh properly. The case is when I worked a Sunday in the past, but go back to Sunday in current week, it shows hours from previous week. I can do a force refresh but that takes me back to current day. I work around it by scrolling backwards past the weekend days, and then scroll forward. It refreshes and the data is correct. That's really the only issue I have ever encountered.

By Spica on July 18, 2019
Hi Lori, Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! We appreciate your input and staying with us for so long! The glitch that you mentioned will be fixed with the next big upgrade in the following months. Kind regards, My Hours Team
Matt T.
Quality Manager
Wholesale, 11-50 employees

“Awesome productivity tool!”

OverallAwesome App. I use it all day at least 5 days per week. Highly recommended.
ProsThe free version has enough for most users. I use it to track what aspects of my job I am spending my time on. This helps answer the question: How much of your time would you say you spend on task X? Basic charts show you exactly where you are spending time. Generating that awareness also helps me to utilize my time more effectively. The visibility tends to make a person waste less time, as they are accountable to the App to log it somewhere useful. I've recommended this for that purpose to several of my colleagues.
ConsSometimes a few more clicks than necessary to enter the times. The Now +/- feature is awesome, but manually keying in times like 11:35 AM to 1:00 PM manually is a lot of buttons and possibly could be a little easier with some basic data entry tools. Maybe 2 +/- buttons? One for 5 min, one for 30 min or 1 hour?
Hlonipha N.
Designer
September 11, 2019

“User friendly with many useful features, love it!”

OverallMy overall experience with My Hours has been quite good. I have been able to now measure how long I take to do particular types of design projects and general tasks, towards improving my work efficiency.
ProsThe ability to just simply start the timer without needing to fill in any task details until when I am able to do so. The ability to start multiple tasks and edit the details/time of the tasks even manually as I go. I also enjoy the offline app integration that helps me to continue to track my time even when not connected to the internet for syncing when connected. I have also found the "Copy to today" feature quite handy.
ConsI have still not yet figured out how the 'tasks' work. I often find I can't repeat a task name for different projects. I can rather say, I have only managed a makeshift working knowledge of how to organise projects and tasks however I do not think I am using the features effectively. I also wish the option to export the dashboard summary and data visualisation was available, or I could at least figure it out if it is there. I end up just saving a pdf of the dashboard through the Chrome print/save pdf feature.
September 11, 2019
Joe B.
August 17, 2017

“Use it as a single user and I love it!”

ProsWhat I like most about this software is the ease of setting up projects and selecting projects for time entry. I love the different settings for time entry also, the 'standard' way and the quick mode. I also like how I can automatically assign tasks to every new project, that is so helpful! Overall, I think the architects and developers have done a great job making this software simple, powerful and easy to use! The user experience is phenomenal and I'm not overloaded with options!
ConsWhat I like least about this software is that it seems as though it has trouble loading sometimes and "hangs", especially when I modify a time entry. It feels like the server is undergoing maintenance and it has trouble connecting. It's not often and this hasn't deterred me from using it, but it is the first negative attribute that comes to mind. Also, I wish the software had a feature to report and track time in decimal notation.

By Spica on August 18, 2017
Dear Joe, Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear our Free plan is valuable to your work. :) We did have a few technical mishaps in the past which is why we upgraded to a state of the art cloud hosting service. We are working hard on making your My Hours experience as flawless as possible. However, if you do notice any strange behavior or you would like to make a suggestion such as the decimal notation you mentioned, please, do not hesitate to email us at support@myhours.com. We take user suggestions very seriously and providing good support is very important to us. Thanks again and happy tracking, The My Hours Team
August 17, 2017
Helena F.
Wine and Spirits, Self-employed
July 15, 2019

“Free, Easy to use & customize”

OverallI've used My Hours for 9 years and have turned several other contractors over to this software because of the ease of use, functionality AND if you missed starting the clock then you can go back in and set it afterwards. It's accurate and so very simple to use.
ProsI just love how simple this is and has all the functions/categories I need. I have several clients so this makes it even better. It's also easy to export out for billing purposes.
ConsI didn't like how it USED TO BE hard to set up a project and a task but this has been updated and work great.
Public Relations and Communications, 51-200 employees
July 22, 2019

“Easy to Use, Great for Tracking Hours Across Multiple Clients and Projects”

OverallI've used My Hours as a independent contractor to track hours and invoice clients, and it's been a tremendous easy to implement and use tool to monitor everything. To do this in something like Google would have been a huge pain, and I'm so grateful a colleague introduced me to this.
ProsHow easy it is to use. For managing multiple clients and projects, it's been a breeze to track and report hours, including tracking of different pay rates where applicable. The reports include full hours breakouts and notes, which is hugely helpful as supplemental information when invoicing.
ConsI haven't had any cons that I've run into, my use is relatively small so I'm not certain how it would scale across a large organization, but as a sole contractor it's been fantastic.
July 22, 2019
Caroline G.
Operations Manager
Environmental Services, 11-50 employees
July 16, 2019

“My Hours time-tracking software”

OverallOur employees are happy using My Hours for their hours and tasks on a variety of projects. I haven't had one complaint! The administrator features are flexible and easy to use. Over all a very positive experience with this product and I can certainly recommend it as a cost-effective product for time-tracking.
ProsMy Hours time-tracking software provides everything we need as a small business both for our payroll time-tracking and for customer billing. We've been using it for several years now without any problems. The customer support is great and any questions are answered by return email within 24 hours. The My Hours team are always listening to customer feedback and improving the product. It's great value for money.
ConsWhen I'm running the Activity feature, I'd like to be able to expand the width of the columns but this can be done when exported to Excel format so it's not a big deal. Also, the time format of the Activity feature is only available in hours & minutes unless you export to Excel (as 'export' not 'report') where it appears in both hours & minutes and decimal format.
Diane K.
Grant Writer
Non-Profit Organization Management, Self-employed
July 15, 2019

“My Hours for client work”

ProsThe web-based version of My Hours is very easy to use. I like that I can track my time by client and by project. I use the free version and it meets almost all my needs. The website is fast, easy to navigate, and provides me the flexibility I need in tracking my billable hours.
ConsWhile the majority of my time is tracked on the web-based version, I do have the mobile version loaded on my phone. However, I have found it lacking in features and flexibility. Also, I create reports each month so I can create my client invoices, and the time sheets cannot be formatted with decimal time. In all fairness, this might be a feature in their paid subscriptions, but I don't need the majority of their paid features, so I will stay with the free version and convert the times to decimal separately.
April M.
Creative Director

“Simple & Well-Supported”

OverallI love being able to pull just about any report I can think about. How much $ have I made this year? Which project has dominated my schedule this month? It's fun (and useful) to see this data. I'm also very impressed with My Hours' customer service. They always respond promptly and politely. In the very few times I've reached out regarding a bug, they've provided a workaround, and then fixed the problem immediately. These are REAL people, developing GOOD software!
ProsThe interface is intuitive. When I first started using My Hours 3 years ago, my hopes weren't high because it was so inexpensive. But it does everything I need it to do, and in such a way that I'm not constantly googling "how to" questions or contacting customer support.
ConsI would love if software this simple could replace quickbooks. But that's not its intent, so I don't expect to see quickbooks-killler features anytime soon. :)

By Spica on July 31, 2019
Hi April, Thank you for your kind review, it warmed our hearts! :) It's great to hear you get this much out of our app and your data. We will not be replacing Quickbooks any time soon, but the integration is on its way! ;) All the best, My Hours Team
chad s.
Design, 1-10 employees

“My Hours is great”

OverallMy overall experience with My Hours has been excellent, and I have found it to be a valuable tool, especially when I get busy.
ProsHow easy it is to use. I'm a graphic designer who works for an agency as well as for myself, and My Hours has really helped me keep track of the time I give to tasks. My clients also really appreciate that I give them a breakdown of how much time I gave to their jobs and in what areas I focused my time.
ConsNot so much a con, but it would be great if I could somehow set up the way in which My Hours exports EXCEL sheets, with regards to what information is displayed in what order and under what heading. A sort of 'custom export option' if you will, so that it exports them in my desired format and layout with the click of a button.

By Spica on July 31, 2019
Hi Chad, thank you for taking the time to review our solution, we appreciate it! We are happy to help you with keeping track of your time. You can do a lot to customize your reports using the grouping and filtering functions in the Activity view. Please contact us at support@myhours.com to help you with this. All the best, My Hours Team
Adriano F.
Web Designer
July 15, 2019

“Very userfull tool for time tracking with great reports”

Overall1) Control the amount of time I work with projects and each client. 2) Know exactly what to charge from my clients 3) More control over time consuming tasks
ProsMyHours is very easy to use and generate reports with nice graphics and statistics. I can review time consuming tasks and have more control over the projects. MyHours also give me information about how much each task costs to me and what to charge in my billings. I'm using the free plan for 2 years and this tool is a big help for my webdesign projects.
ConsThe color pallete :) I enjoy dark interfaces, perhaps in future this option could be available. For now, MyHours is perfect for my needings.
Nancy S.
Principal
Public Relations and Communications, Self-employed

“MyHours for Accountability”

OverallMyHours helps me track how I use my working time. I use the data to optimize my business performance, to maximize my billable hours and stay on track with my business goals.
ProsI love how easy it is to use MyHours and how it gives me the ability to manage my time as a business owner. I can track the amount of time I spend in administrative functions, business development and client work, to make sure I am optimizing how I use my working time. The software is intuitive and allows me to configure for the tasks and projects for my clients. It is quite flexible. I have recommended it to all my entrepreneurial colleagues.
ConsMyHours recently changed its reporting. While I can still get the client data that I need for invoicing, it has become slightly more cumbersome.

By Spica on July 18, 2019
Hi Nancy, thank you for the review. Thank you for your feedback with regards to reporting funcationlity. Best, My Hours Team
Raluca M.
Visual Designer

“Simplest time tracker”

OverallI have been using My Hours for years now, and I've always been attracted by the simplicity and the ease of input. It helped me track my time most readily versus other apps that have cumbersome interfaces. Unfortunately I cannot use it exclusively for my needs, I need more project managing tools as well. But as for organizing tasks and recurring items, this app does it perfectly! I can't really use the invoicing feature because in Romania (where I'm from) we have different ways of invoicing to make our lives better.
ProsEase of use of the interface - I can create reusable tasks Instant time tracking. Click now, fill in the details later. Perfect difficulty level for adding details. Reusable tasks means good information overview for clients and projects and tasks.
ConsSlow mobile app for Android: the app takes a while to load, and it doesn't resemble the quality of the web application. The invoices are not great for international use, I'm missing a few features.

By Spica on July 18, 2019
Hi Raluca, thank you for your review and kind words. A better mobile apps are in the works. Best, My Hours Team
Pamela S.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
July 16, 2019

“I love My Hours and recommend it to my colleagues”

OverallThis tool saves me a ton of second guessing and analyzes where I spent my time. I love this!
ProsMy favorite part of My Hours is that it makes sense. When I first went into business for myself I tried another hour tracking company and it was awful. The product was clunky and very limited. I came across My Hours and haven't looked back. In fact, any contractors with whom I work, I request they use My Hours too. I like that it is easy to add projects and tasks to my various clients. I like that it's easy to see all of the tasks all at once. I have accidentally created multiple tasks that mean the same thing and it's easy to delete the redundant ones. My favorite part is being able to see how many hours I have spent per client at any given time. This is so helpful!
ConsI think setting up the profile at the beginning was a little tricky for me - but I understand how to use it now. I also wish it was slightly easier to add new tasks while working inside a project.
Abhijeet K.
Full-stack developer
July 19, 2019

“Awesome product for any professional person/group”

OverallMyHours helps me keep track of my hours I spend on projects of my clients, with super ease. Have tried other products too and liked none as MyHours. Planning to go premium soon with it :)
ProsA few of lot of great things about using MyHours: Awesome interface and ease of use To the point and all useful features (no baggage full of BS stuffs like screen-record and all) Awesome support service and response Pricing is super-affordable for even a freelancer as myself
ConsHmm, nothing that I can think of about MyHours which I haven't liked
July 19, 2019
Debra S.
Self-employed
Executive Office, Self-employed
July 16, 2019

“Does Exactly What I Need It To Do”

OverallI have used other timer programs and found that My Hours gives me everything I need...and it's FREE! I am able to track and report time for multiple clients and differentiate multiple projects per client. I also love how easy it is to edit previously entered time when I see that a mistake has been made. The export to Excel feature is extremely useful and allows me to quickly create invoices in my bookkeeping software. I'm all for easy, accurate, efficient functionality and My Hours definitely meets those criteria for me.
ProsI am able to easily track and report my time for multiple clients and multiple projects per client
ConsI honestly cannot think of any negatives

Hi Debra, thank you for the review. You are too kind :) Best, My Hours Team
Stephanie L. W.
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
July 15, 2019

“Best Hourly Software for Virtual Assistants”

OverallI often work on projects that are paid by the hour and I use My Hours to time myself as I work. It's so easy to customize to each project!
ProsWith a virtual career, I often need to track my hours when working. I have been through several different types of time management software and only My Hours has worked for my needs. It's customizable for my business and its interface works seamlessly between all my pieces of technology. I really like how easy it is to pull reports from the Dashboard when I need to submit my hours to the company.
ConsThere is only one feature missing from the software that I have determined after using it for almost a year. When a report is pulled up, I would like to be able to click to a certain day on the graph. Right now the bar graphs are not hyperlinked to the actual working hours.
Jean-Louis D.
Managing Director
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
July 15, 2019

“Used it for years and years, for me and my customers”

OverallAt the beginning, years ago (over 10 I think?), all consultants of my small practice would enter their time-sheets which would then be used to invoice our projects and for statistics such as number of days spent on training, self-study, business development, etc. I used it to benchmark my managing director's activities, and I still do, as well as I push using it at various customers and projects.
ProsIt's simple, made by people who understand what is really useful, easy to teach, can be used at individual and team level, for project or recurring tasks, with invoices or not. Reports are good looking and easy to export. Best value for money!
ConsStructuring the tasks, projects, customers, teams etc requires a little thinking: however 1) it is quite normal and 2) with a small pilot usage phase it is easy to correct and get on the right tracks.

By Spica on July 31, 2019
Hi Jean-Louis, thanks a lot for your review and especially for staying with us for more than a decade! :) We appreciate it. Let us know in case you need anything. Best wishes, My Hours Team
Karen B.
Virtual Assistant
Facilities Services, Self-employed

“Love My Hours!”

OverallI use My Hours to keep track of my time for each client and find it very easy to use and ideal for my needs.
ProsFree version which does what I need and it's easy to use and set up.
ConsLimited functions but as it's free, it's great!

By Spica on July 18, 2019
Hi Karen, Thanks a lot for reviewing our app! It's good to hear that My Hours fits your needs. Thank you for staying with us for years. Please let us know if you need anything. Best wishes, My Hours Team
Lacie L.
June 20, 2017

“I have used MyHours for over 5 years. It has glitches now and then, but for free you can't complain.”

ProsIt's great if you don't mind getting no customer support. I suggest paying for the upgrade to see if that changes how support assists you when help is needed.
ConsCustomer service is awful. I am currently attempting to switch to their new version as instructed by the company and the software won't allow it. I alerted customer service and all they can say is "Yes you can" and "Change your password". I have described my situation in detail multiple times and these are still the only solutions they offer me.

By Spica on June 20, 2017
Dear Lacie, with all due respect, we cannot support our old vintage version of My Hours. Users of the vintage app have been alerted multiple times that it is out of development and no longer supported. Nevertheless, we are doing our best to help you transfer your data to the new and much improved service free of charge. We thank you for your trust and long history with our product and hope you will feel at home on the new platform. If not, please, write to support@myhours.com as we take support very seriously. Thanks again and all the best, Miha on behalf of My Hours
June 20, 2017
Michele R.
Web Developer
Internet, Self-employed

“Very valuable application”

OverallI have been using My Hours for several years to track my hours as a contractor in a project with a small team. In this time, I have been able to pull up reports for invoicing and project scheduling. I have needed the reporting for surprise audits as well. It has made my life much easier!
ProsI find it very easy to track my hours. I love the reporting. I love the price point.
ConsI can't think of anything that I like least about it.
Reuben B.
Web Developer
Internet, Self-employed
July 15, 2019

“Great product, minus a few irritations”

OverallOverall, MyHours has been a significant tool in my freelancer toolbelt, allowing me to gain insight on the services I provide, and allowing me to improve on my delivery time frames and cost estimates. With the exception of a few annoyances, the product is very straight-forward to use and provides the tools to make it an integral part of any business's toolkit.
ProsMyHours is an easy to use solution for tracking hours on projects, big or small. As a freelance developer, it is very important for me to track my estimates versus actual time spend on a project, or single tasks within a project, and MyHours provides numerous reporting capabilities to assist me in my time breakdown across tasks, projects, and clients.
ConsWhen first starting out, it seemed counter-intuitive to have to set up clients and projects before you could even get started on the tasks within the project. Maybe a "quick setup" option would be helpful for creating a new project under a new client? Secondly, a lot of tasks are singular to a particular project - while having a task list shared across clients/projects makes sense for certain tasks (i.e. - "Meetings", or "Initial setup"), having to sift through tasks that belong to other projects or archive individual tasks for a completed project is administrative overhead that I could do without.
Shivaraman A.
Full stack developer
Media Production, 1001-5000 employees
July 15, 2019

“Perfect for anyone looking for a simple time tracker”

ProsIt's very easy to use, coupled with the mobile app I've not needed anything more since I started using it. The functionality to add rates at project setup and to not have to worry about them individually is just awesome! I've only used the free version and the fact that I haven't ever been forced to get the premium version is something I'm very thankful about. If and when I would grow my team, I would surely try out the version for teams.
ConsOnly one: the lack of connecting this with other PMS like trello or asana is something I would love to see. Or even an API availability for others to create ways to link the app to other systems

By Spica on July 31, 2019
Hi Shivaraman, Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! We appreciate your input. It's good to hear My Hours fits your needs so well! You'll be glad to hear that some integrations are already on the way, and we are finishing the API as well. Wish you all the best, My Hours Team
Jerome G.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
May 15, 2019

“The perfect Time Reporting Tool”

OverallMyHours really helps me at the end of each month to do my invoicing! With the easy customizable reports I can create overviews of time spend just like my customers expect it.
ProsWhat I love about this tool is the simplicity! It is very easy to enter the time spent and it is also very easy to get reports out of it! I personally don't use the invoicing part but I tried it and it works like a charm!
ConsIt would be nice if there was a way to have some more interaction with other time reporting platforms. Some of my customers have their own platform and want me to do time registration over there. So it would be interesting if there was an easy way to transfer the reported time in My Hours to the application of my customers. But hey... that is more of thing for the other applications... they should be able to import the exports from MyHours.
May 15, 2019
Fuko C.
Creative Director
Design, 1-10 employees
August 10, 2019

“Great App”

OverallI have been using My Hours for a long time. I manage a few different businesses so I have used other time manage apps like Time n Eye etc. It's simple for everyone to use. One thing I'd request is to get a notification when my staff logs times. I probably don't wanna get a notification from everyone, but for a new staff, I'd like to see if she leaves work, then get notified on my phone etc.
Prosit's simple, easy to manage people and projects. I love that I can assign people with different rates. The pricing is also very affordable.
ConsThe app for iPhone has to be improved. I get complain from my team a lot about the app how the interface design is not easy to use etc.
August 10, 2019
Jason B.
Consultant
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed

“Time tracking anywhere”

ProsGreat software, easy to set up and covers all my needs. I can have different rates, dozens of clients and create Projects and Tasks easily. I like being able to use the app on my iPhone and finding the information on my desktop I have recently started using it for my invoices and it works very well.
ConsIt would be nice if it integrated directly with my Outlook.
Robert R.
Attorney & Board Secretary
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
July 15, 2019

“My Hours - Great Software for Attorneys Working As In-house Attorney for Non-Profit.”

OverallI am employed as a part time attorney for a quasi-governmental nonprofit corporation. I have used My Hours for almost 10 years to track my time on all legal projects I have worked on. While I don't need to use it for billing purposes, My Hours provides me with the ability to generate reports showing the value added benefit to the corporation by using an in-house attorney as opposed to contracting out the legal work to a private law firm.
ProsThe Software was very intuitive and user friendly and still had the capability of keeping detailed information and selecting some of the detail for specialized reports. I did not use it for billing customers, as I was a salaried employee of the non-profit whose time was not billed separately from the client's agreed upon payment for services rendered.
ConsAt this time, the only issue I have had is assigning new tasks to a project. For some reason the new task would not be saved after assignment.
Katie L.
Office Coordinator
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

“Wonderful Product”

OverallWe no longer have to use multiple programs to track time, projects, PTO, etc.
ProsMy Hours streamlines the time clock system and allows you to track specific time spent on projects, vacation time, etc. This has saved us so much time and money!
ConsNothing, very easy to use. We have had no complaints or issues us all with this amazingly helpful program
Donna F.
Proprietor
Accounting, 1-10 employees
August 1, 2019

“My Hours is a user friendly and cost effective time management tool”

OverallMy Hours allows may and my staff to efficiently track our time on client files so that we can bill accurately, no missed time results in higher profits. Overall my experience with the programs has been good.
ProsThe cost of the program is reasonable & user friendly, as a new business owner of a small firm that is important to me & learning curve for me and my staff was reasonable. The staff at My Hours responds to questions in a timely manner and are continually updating the program. Basically, the software satisfies my time management & project management needs. Exporting to Excel or as PDF is a plus.
ConsThe invoice look could be more professional, I do not use the invoices produced in the software. When requesting a longer time frame in the Activity Report it does take a time to load.
August 1, 2019
Jeanette H.
Online Media, 1-10 employees
July 15, 2019

“Perfect for my small business!”

OverallMy Hours has made invoicing my clients & managing my time blissfully simple. It does what I need it to and doesn't have a bunch of stuff that I don't need. Love it!
ProsI love the versatility of My Hours, and it makes sending out my monthly invoices a breeze! My setup is just for myself so I've kept it simple, but you can add functionality for multiple employees and My Hours would keep up. Simple to set up and edit clients and tasks. Most of my clients are small business owners themselves, and I only work part-time for some of them. If I'm not working for them at the moment, I can just archive their projects to keep my workspace uncluttered. I love that it's web-based so I can access it from any computer if something unexpected comes up. I can't imagine working without it.
ConsThere's nothing I don't like about My Hours.
Sarah R.
Virtual Assistant
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
July 15, 2019

“Virtual Assistants - you need this!”

OverallOverall, I absolutely love Myhours. I stumbled across it when I really needed this quality product. I recommend it for any freelancer, entrepreneur, or just anyone needing to track their own hours based on different clients and/or projects. Totally easy to use. Super useful & insightful when you look at the graph feature.
ProsThe ease of use with Myhours is beyond great. Since I constantly need to track my hours for different tasks it's critical for my entrepreneur business model. It's easy to export & send to my clients with notes on what I was working on during each project, etc.
ConsThe only thing I would say is that sometimes when I export the time spreadsheet I get different amounts for billable time. But that is most likely because of the seconds structure. The other thing is ease of editing a time once it's on the track spreadsheet. You use to be able to go into the track screen & then edit from there but now you have to go to the calendar and select the date you need to edit. Just more time consuming.
ISADORA M.
Marketing Specialist
Online Media, Self-employed
July 15, 2019

“Simple, easy and perfect for my working needs”

OverallUsing My Hours I don't have to lose my time on organizing my report of billing hours in the end of the month - just need to press the export button and it is done. Looks very professional. I also enjoy using the software because it is very simple and functional.
ProsMy Hours is super easy to use. Its interface is very intuitive, I could easily understand how to create projects, tasks and log my time. Also, it generates a nice graphic to visualize how are my hours for the month and creates a beautiful (but simple) report to deliver to my clients.
ConsSince I use the free account, I'm very satisfied with the service. But the only thing I think would be nice to have in the free account is the possibility to add a manager or supervisor that could check my hours without me sending them. So the only thing I don't like is that I am alone in the platform and cannot add a someone to overview my tasks/hours.

By Spica on July 18, 2019
Hi Isadora, Thank you for your valuable feedback! We are glad you are satisfied with My Hours functionalities. The possibility to share your data with a manager is available in the PRO version which supports teams. In the future, we will also be adding a feature that will let our users share data with their clients easily. All the best, My Hours Team
Tammatha R. C.
Care giver, Freelance writer, virtual assistant
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
July 24, 2019

“Best software for tracking billable hours ”

OverallI have used this software for over a decade. I have loved it from the beginning. I have used it for keeping track of my billable hours for clients, to know how much time I am spending on writing for personal or private projects as well as clients. I have used it help me manage my time. I use it now as a caregiver for my mother to help me make sure I am working the hours required by the state - I have to work what they say, exactly every day, even though I actually work taking care of her 24/7.
ProsBeing able to keep track of the hours I work both billable and non-billable so I can keep track of how much time I am spending as well as how much money I am making. Also the ability to track multiple projects at once.
ConsSome of the features take a little getting used to and it can be frustrating when you need to setup or add something new, especially if you haven't needed to do so in a long time.
David G.
Owner and Consultant
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
July 20, 2019

“Easy to use time tracking for consultants”

OverallMy Hours has helped track our business and keep our clients happy with detailed reports of what we spend time doing. It's helped me create monthly bills very simply an easily.
ProsI really like My Hours ease of use and functionality. Tracking my time as I'm working on multiple projects for different clients during the day is very simple. At the end of the month, I use the data to generate bills for my clients too. I can show or hide costing details to users with the permissions. Setting up a new client takes only a minute. Support has been very responsive to my questions and requests for features. Flexibility to having different rates by task, project, client or user. Dashboard and reports let me track billing progress during the month and are very flexible.
ConsMy only slight con for this system is the built in billing functionality. It didn't provide enough detail for my clients so I use the reports instead to create bills in quick books.
July 20, 2019
Scott M.
July 16, 2019

“A perfect time tracker for a solo freelancer”

OverallI keep track of finances in Quickbooks. Formerly I used a PC version of Quickbooks, which had built-in job tracking and costing. Unfortunately, when I moved to a Mac system years ago I lost that functionality, and for a long time I tried to keep track of time hours and costs with a pen and paper, which I was never diligent enough to do regularly. The result was dozens or perhaps even hundreds of lost billable hours - I'll never know. I looked into other time tracking software but they were either too expensive or too elaborate for my small marketing communications business. When I stumbled onto My Hours I found a comfortable, easy-to-use program that I could set up and start using immediately. I only bill a few hundred dollars a month as a semi-retired designer, but the price of the program is so low, and the maintenance so easy, that the cost is negligible. I know that My Hours can work for large teams of people in fairly large organizations; but it also works superbly for the smallest of businesses, like mine.
ProsEase of use, intuitive interface, and low cost. The program has tremendous depth including more report functions than I could imagine ever needing. But it's simple and straightforward enough to work for me, a solo freelancer with only occasional jobs to track.
ConsThere isn't anything I don't like about it.
Ashley D.
Video Producer / Documentarian
Media Production, Self-employed
July 15, 2019

“Busy Video Producer Approves! ”

OverallMy client invoices are perfectly accurate and now I can actually quantify how long a given project (from pre- to post-production) takes to complete. It's also a great way to look back and read old notes. We can't remember everything so having an easy software to record these details is a life-saver. Thank you!
ProsThe software was clearly developed with the user in mind. It's wonderful to use! As a video producer, my full-day consistents of bouncing around from task to task and project to project. This program helps me stay organized beyond my wildest dreams. Also, a great way for me to watch my time on a given task. Helps me make sure I'm not going over on a client's time and to help time manage throughout the day. Overall, it's helpful and user friendly.
ConsThe breakdown of the project can get a little confusing, IF you do not log your own records correctly. There is nothing wrong with the software, it's that it allows enough room for you to incorrectly save your own data.
Sarah T.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
July 15, 2019

“Keeping a track of my time is now so much easier”

ProsAs a small marketing agency working with multiple clients, I found it hard to keep track of the time I spent on each client project and work item and often by the end of the week I had forgotten what I had done. Using My Hours has made this so much easier to manage and keep track of this. I can quickly and easily allocate the time spent to each client and project throughout the day. It has also made my monthly invoicing process much easier, as I can pull a report that I can use to create my invoices and send this to the client so they know what exactly I have been working on.
ConsSometime when the software is upgraded the views change and it can take me a while to find the best view/report for my needs. Thankfully this doesn't happen to often.
Leeann L.
Graduate Student
Restaurants, 10,001+ employees
July 15, 2019

“Quick to start, easy to use, great reporting features”

OverallMy Hours has given me critical insights about where I spend too much of my time, and has thus vastly increased my productivity.
ProsMy Hours is simple but has excellent functionality. I love that I can log in an immediately start timing myself or add time to projects / tasks retroactively. I love that it allows you track both projects and tasks. The reporting section is also amazing, as it easily allows you to see how much time you've spent over any number of days, in specific projects and tasks, etc. Overall very simple to use but with excellent functionality!
ConsSometimes the software has trouble figuring out duration when I leave it open and come back the next day. It was a little confusing to figure out how to add tasks to projects the first time I did it. But overall no complaints.