Flocknote Ratings

Overall
4.7/5
4.9/5

About Flocknote

Most churches cant reach their people when they need to in between Sundays or if a person stops showing up on Sundays. We help churches fix that with a smarter way to text message and email their members. Flocknote churches can both manage their member database and reach their people at a moment's notice -- all with the same tool! This results in higher attendance, increased stewardship, and a more connected church. Learn more about Flocknote

Cynthia M.
Executive Assistant
October 4, 2019

“Outstanding Customer Service”

OverallCommunication has been an ongoing problem for us. Flocknote helps us communication better with our people. Their customer service has been great at helping us with problems or issues.
ProsA company can make the best product available; but, if the customer service and support is lacking the product will never work to it's fullest potential. That is what makes Flocknote stand out from other software companies.
ConsIt works best when you use the app. We didn't know that at first or would have encouraged our people to use that from the beginning. It does take some getting used to and there might be ways to make the app more user friendly.

By Flocknote on October 9, 2019
It's always a happy day at Flocknote when we get a review as stellar as this one, Cynthia! We really care about our customers and we're glad you've seen that in our customer support. You mentioned that the app could be more user-friendly and we take this constructive feedback to heart as well! If you have any suggestions for how we could improve your experience, feel free to send us an email to help@flocknote.com. God bless The Village Church. :)
October 4, 2019
James W.
Youth and Young Adult Minister
September 13, 2019

“Excellent tool for communicating”

OverallWe, as a church community and retreat center, need to be able to keep lists of different groups of people and to send them information in a stylish and attractive manner that also lets us communicate back and forth with them using multiple methods. Flocknote is excellent for this.
ProsI love that I can keep track of all our families in one place. I love that you can email and text at the same time depending on what the users want. I love that you can choose multiple groups to send to and customize each note with style. I love that you can see who has opened your message and read it. I love that you can send polls, rsvp's, and more.
ConsI wished it could track people more like a database as well which they got closer to with added features but which cost extra.

By Flocknote on September 16, 2019
Heya James! We appreciate your time and consideration leaving us a review. It's great to hear that you've been loving Flocknote so far and enjoy many of its features! We recently released Flocknote People (an add-on subscription) which is a smarter way to manage your members. If you have any suggestions or feedback about this new subscription, I encourage you to let us know at help@flocknote.com. We'd be happy to discuss how we could make this program a better fit for Our Lady of the Angels. :)
September 13, 2019
Shana S.
Administrative Assistant
February 14, 2019

“Flocknote Values Parish Communications”

OverallWhile my cons would be helpful for some instances, the 99% of what we do/need from Flocknote is exceptional. And what makes it even better for me as the office admin, is that if I have a question (office hours or not), I get a response typically within a 12 to 24-hr period. This enables me to continue with my tasks/responsibilities (and not forget that I even asked a question...which in a busy parish and me now being a "senior citizen"...I have those peak days where it's like, "Did I do that or just think about doing it?" Don't laugh...much like reading glass in that 45-50 age range, it's real. I thought it was just a joke when I was in my 20s - 30s. Nope, Nope it isn't. Flocknote's Team never makes me think I'm too behind the times to utilize their software. AND...our 60+ parishioners who actually allow their phones to receive texts...LOVE the reminders! The only complaints we receive of "Stop" and "Take me off your list" is because someone changed their number without telling us and a non-parishioner ends up with it. I know, cuz I ask before I remove them. :)
ProsEase of use, flexibility on delivery, ability to schedule in advance (especially for holidays/holy days), ability to reuse/edit earlier communications, link a "note" to a website or larger page for those wishing more detail.
ConsNot able to access symbols from a drop down...can't bold or italicize text for emphasis in "text" note. Can't cut/paste "responses" from "note reply".

By Flocknote on March 4, 2019
Hi Shana! First of all, thank you for the honest and thorough review! I'm really happy to hear that you always feel comfortable coming to us Happiness Engineers for help even if you don't feel tech-savvy-- it's our pleasure to help you in any way we can. :) You've raised some good points with the features you wish we had so I will pass this on to our developers. I appreciate the time you took to fill this review out! May God bless you!
February 14, 2019
Jon K.
Director of Religious Ed
September 3, 2019

“Best communication tool out there”

OverallUnolytics are a game changer. We can check and re-check which information is being sent out, and when needed confirm that messages were received by specific users. It's a huge weight off my shoulders to have such a great tool at my fingertips.
ProsFlocknote is easy to use and puts us in direct contact with our constituents. Unolytics are a game changer. We can check and re-check which information was sent out, and when needed confirm that a message was received by specific users. It's a huge weight off my shoulders to have such a great tool at my fingertips.
ConsI see that Flocknote is growing to incorporate other functions, such as finance tracking and people management. As it grows to accommodate more and more Catholic Church functionality, such as sacrament tracking and communication updates between baptismal/First Communion/Confirmation parishes, we will be all in.

By Flocknote on September 5, 2019
Wowza -- thanks for this stellar review, Jon! It makes us happy to know that you're happy, so we hope we continue to wow you so that you guys are "all in". God bless!
September 3, 2019
Mike M.
Director of Facilities & IT
February 18, 2019

“Love the tool...exceptional tech support”

OverallSelective communication is what it's all about. We can send out specific messages to specific groups of people. Blast-o-grams to everyone, if done too often, just alienate people and they stop reading.
ProsEasy to use. Can train parishioners on how to use this tool to manage their groups/ministries. Love the fact that we can segregate into individual groups/ministries so we only send messages that apply to THOSE people. We don't end up doing a blast-o-gram to everyone even if the topic doesn't apply to them. The tech support team is top-notch. VERY responsive, VERY helpful and they stick with you to resolve your issue.
ConsSuper-admins should be able to reset individual's passwords AND set a new password. Many times, I have the parishioner sitting in my office asking for help and all I can say is "I will reset your password, but you have to go home, check your email, and enter a new password." Super-admins should be able to do this.

By Flocknote on February 20, 2019
Hi Mike, we're so thankful you took the time to leave a review. We're glad you've enjoyed sending messages to individual people, small groups, or mass blasts when needed. Generally people are very private about their passwords and do not want them changed by anyone other than themselves, so we want them to have that security with Flocknote. I'm sorry about that, but thank you for letting us know that is something you're wanting. We appreciate any and all feedback! Blessings to you, Mike! :)
MARIA GUADIAN G.
Database Administrator
February 18, 2019

“Great Software with Top of the Line Customer Service”

OverallOur parish enjoys the benefits of the weekly email blast newsletter as it complements our Sunday church bulletin. The bulletin has a 10- day-lag period, where our weekly email blast is updated until the very last minute before being sent out. This is our way of keeping everyone much more informed with current happenings that may have missed the bulletin deadline.
ProsThe ease of the application itself in creating and sending out emails and newsletters makes this a hands-on software package that anyone can use. If I have an issue or something I need explained, the Flocknote Help Desk is so prompt at replying back and follows up to ensure the issue has been resolved. It is very UNUSUAL in this high tech world to find this kind of Customer Service!!! I have waited several days, and sometimes had to call/email again waiting for a reply to my question, which is why I can't say enough good things about FLOCKNOTE.
ConsThere is absolutely nothing NOT TO LIKE!!

By Flocknote on February 20, 2019
Wow, Maria...you've just made our day! We take pride in caring for our members so we're thrilled to see that you have had such a great experience with our customer service! It's so very kind of you to take the time to leave a review -- we're thankful for you. May God bless you and St. John the Evangelist! :)
Veronica B.
Communications Manager
September 30, 2019

“Room for Improvement”

OverallWe can reach more people with Flocknote, especially when we try to send alerts or immediate information.
ProsI like that I can customize the information, I can attach videos, pictures, and Bishop Barron's program was a great addition.
ConsI don't like the fact that when I use Google, the email gets cut and it doesn't display the information or you can't scroll down to see more. Also, I don't like that you can't resize pictures. I can't save elements that I use frequently, just save the recent ones. When I create a section, I have to use the arrows to move to the top, which is time-consuming when you have a lot of sections. Not common, just on Friday, September 27th I have trouble moving pictures in a part of the section.

By Flocknote on October 6, 2019
Hi Veronica, thank you for taking a minute to leave a review! The issue you're describing is highly unusual, so I'd like to investigate this to see what may be happening here. Your email is not listed with this review, so would you mind reaching out to help@flocknote.com so that I can troubleshoot this with you? I appreciate it! :)
September 30, 2019
Lori M.
Front office admin.

“New to Flocknote”

OverallVery good. The program is user-friendly once you learn the ins and outs of it.
ProsWhat I like most is the ability to text members, add color, graphics, surveys, and invitations with RSVPs to emails and texts. I like that the replies come to my Gmail inbox. Unlike other companies, the customer service is EXCELLENT! This is huge for me as my learning curve is straight up and down until I become familiar with the new system. I love the training videos along with the written directions as opposed to having to read all the directions. I learn best by being shown how to do something. I like how you can make groups so members get information only applicable to their group and not non-applicable information. One of the main reasons we switched over is because it provides the option to Unsubscribe. They provide scripts for Signup Sunday. I like the way our members can Unsubscribe at any time, they don't have to download anything or create a password, and they choose the groups they belong to.
ConsSometimes it's difficult to find the answer to my questions through the HELP menu. But, as I said, the Happiness Engineers have been there for me via email and or a scheduled conference call within 24 hours. It's intuitive only after training and having had some glitches in the system it caused me to question many things.

By Flocknote on May 23, 2019
Hi Lori! We are thrilled you have been having a great experience working with the Happiness Engineers. You mentioned you enjoyed the videos alongside the written instructions; it's nice to hear this feedback. I'm a visual learner myself, so I can definitely understand that! If you think of any ways we can make Flocknote more intuitive in general, please let us know because your thoughts directly affect how we build the site. God bless you, Lori! :)
Kelly B.
July 17, 2019

“St. Jerome Catholic Church”

OverallThe parishioners I have signed up for Flocknote really like it, and I have more thinking they will start using it for their ministry as well. Our experience, at St. Jerome Catholic Church is just outstanding.
ProsI love that it goes out to everyone or individually and when they respond to my message I am the only one who gets pinged. No annoyance for all the other recipients! I also love how different ministries can be set up exclusively and if others want to join that group they may. Parishioners aren't being forced to receive something on their phone or in their inbox if don't want. It is easy to learn and use, but if you do have questions or need help, the team is extremely wonderful about responding to your needs. There is so much . . . I could keep going! Love the library!
ConsWhen I choose to send email, my character count is limited. So then I need to send email only because some reminders are lengthy. I chose text because I want to make sure everyone sees it right away!

By Flocknote on July 19, 2019
Hi Kelly, you've just made our day with these kind words! The greatest blessing for us is when we hear how Flocknote has been helpful for our customers, so thank you for sharing. I do want to point out that there is not a character limit for email -- I think that may have been a typo and you meant "text". If so, yes you are correct that there is a 160 character limit for texts. This is because when texts are too long, some cell carriers break them up into two texts and it causes confusion for recipients. Also, the great thing about texting is that they are usually short and sweet and to the point, which people tend to enjoy. However, I'll pass on your feedback to the team - we really appreciate it! :)
July 17, 2019
Kirk F.
Designer
August 29, 2019

“Great app for churches!”

OverallFlocknote has helped our church communicate in a more efficient way. Making it easier for multiple note senders has been a blessing.
ProsI like its ease of use and reliable. The fact that was built for churches and has features that churches need. I like how easy it is to manage groups and multiple note senders. The subscription price is well worth it.
ConsJust a few things that I'd like to see improvement on. 1. I'd like to have the option to make it default or a setting to always include all recipients whether or not they only receive text/emails. In other words, when I send a text, I want it to always include the email only people. Right now, you have to check a box to include them. 2. I'd like to be able to choose having notes sent to both email and text at the same time - not just one of the other.

By Flocknote on August 30, 2019
Hi Kirk, thanks for this review! I'm glad you've been enjoying Flocknote so far. You mentioned you wished the default setting was changed for delivery to both text and email and I wanted to clarify this a bit. We had seen it before where admins were working late at night and sent out an email and it went out as a text as well accidentally. For this reason, we wanted to make sure the option to send a text in addition to sending an email (and vice versa like what you described) was completely intentional and opted into with that little checkbox. I hope this is helpful, but if you'd like to discuss this some more, feel free to send us an email to help@flocknote.com and we'll be happy to chat! :)
August 29, 2019
Nicole H.
Business and Communications Manager
July 16, 2019

“Fantastic Service with Small Kinks”

ProsThe transparency is incredibly helpful for an organization run by volunteers. It is invaluable to know when people do and do not read their messages. The ability to see who opens messages gives us a broader insight into what information is actually being disseminated. Also, the response time of your customer service and tech support is fantastic! I hope we won't see this falter as your company grows.
ConsWe dislike that you must check the delivery box for those who have opted into texting. It is inconvenient and often leads to parishioners not receiving messages. If we choose to message everyone in a group...why would we want to purposefully leave the texting parishioners out?! It would be much more convenient to "uncheck" for texting if you want to be sensitive of time of day. However, when a priest wants to email his flock...he doesn't want half of the flock to not get the message because they opted to text and he forgot to check the box. We dislike that you cannot respond to messages with an attachment. If this is being marketed as a "better than email" messaging system, it is unfortunate that we cannot add attachments when replying. It is absolutely not conducive to business.

By Flocknote on July 18, 2019
Hi Nicole - thanks for this great review! I'm glad you've had a great experience with our Happiness Engineers and we promise that top-notch customer service will always be at the forefront of our company! I'm sorry you've had issues with the need to check those delivery boxes, but this is good feedback and I appreciate the honesty. If you think of anything else that we could improve upon, send it our way at help@flocknote.com. :)
Lori P.
Pastoral Assistant
February 26, 2019

“Keeping parishioners in the loop has never been easier”

OverallWe would heartily recommend Flocknote to other parishes as an easy solution for effectively communicating with parishioners through the digital medium.
ProsFlocknote is a great tool for getting the word out about parish liturgies and events. Bad weather? Let your parishioners know with a few simple steps. Parish meeting? Remind attendees of the time and place. Interested in knowing if parishioners are coming to an event? Send out a simple survey to which they can easily respond. Flocknote has made communicating with our parishioners very easy and amidst busy parish life, easy is good! And, if even if you aren't the most tech savvy person, fear not, for the Flocknote Happiness Engineers (support staff) are easy to get in touch with and respond quickly with easy solutions.
ConsThere is a small learning curve in order to familiarize yourself with all that Flocknote can do, but if you spend a little time on it each week, you'll feel like a pro in no time.

By Flocknote on March 4, 2019
Hi Lori -- wow what a glowing review! It was so kind of you to take some time amidst busy parish life to leave some sweet words for us at Flocknote! We appreciate you and it's our pleasure to serve you so that you can do the real important work in your ministry. God bless! :)
February 26, 2019
Meghan T.
Instructional Systems Designer/Trainer
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
July 8, 2019

“I really want to like it”

OverallI really want to like it. It helped me as a new staff member of the church come in and not have to use my personal email or the church's email which I don't have access to for communication but it's just difficult to use sometimes. And to have to pay for something that's difficult to use makes me rethink using it constantly. I'm going to keep trying hoping the design will become more functional as time goes on.
ProsI like that communications are centralized, it's easy to go back and find notes that were sent, it's easy to add people. I like that you can see when an email has bounced or is unopened. I like that you can text a group without creating a new group every time there's a change to the group.
ConsI find that some of the features are hard to use and the format is lacking in organization. The app seems to not work as well as the website, for instance I can edit group settings in the app. It seems also that the analytical information disappears after a day or so on the app. I'm also not fond of having to contact customer service to change anything about of actual church settings. The format could be better organized. I don't need to see that I have 15 deleted notes that I can't permanently delete. Or why it always tells me I've saved a note or the auto saved notes how does that even happen?

By Flocknote on July 9, 2019
Hi Meghan, I'm so sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been up to snuff! We'd love to turn things around for you, so please check your email for something from us! We hope you continue to use Flocknote and continue to provide us with honest feedback so we can improve and give you the 5 star experience in the future! :)
July 8, 2019
Norely S.
Youth Minister
Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2018

“Great starting point to better communication”

OverallThe ease of communication and response without having to download an app is key. There is still room to grow but I look forward to seeing it happen.
ProsEase of use (as easy as sending a text), quick readability(they even have a nice preview before you hit send), easy individual response(the parishioners simply respond to the text with another text that only the admins receive), and grouping options, it expedites communication to be able to place people in several sub groups and be able to communicate just as easily with individuals as with groups. Parents appreciate the ease of a quick text with out having to download yet another app, and it's nice to see who is opening messages and communicating too.
ConsThis is a great program, it just still has room to grow. I find that I am in need of a community calendar where people can see all upcoming events; a notification system for actions that need to be taken ie: if a message got a response, if you have a new user that wants to join a group (being the super admin it can be a lot of threads to check); to be able to send or post an image (I do understand that ups the data usage significantly); and this could be user ignorance, but I would like for there to be a way to link families, multiple children with/under their parents account.

By Flocknote on September 27, 2018
Hi Norely! Thanks so much for your positive review :-) I just wanted to follow up and confirm you are correct, there is no way to link families together at this time, but that's something we're actively trying to solve behind the scenes, so stay tuned!
September 25, 2018
Jerry V.
Director of Faith Formation
October 2, 2019

“Excellent Communication Tool”

OverallIncreasing effective communication with less people being "left out" - and more people being "in the know" to the latest events, news, and other info.
ProsThis software is a robust communication tool with an easy interface; excellent tools, great organization, effective tutorials, and superior customer service
ConsPerhaps be able to replicate emails as texts and vice versa. . . Be able to mass email/text those who have not "read" the messages (perhaps it can already do that - not sure?). . .

By Flocknote on October 9, 2019
Hi Jerry - thanks for taking time out of your day to leave us this positive review! You mentioned that you would like to replicate emails as texts and vice versa and I may be able to clarify some things and have a workaround for ya. You can email us at help@flocknote.com and we'd be happy to help. ;)
October 2, 2019
Tamara B.
Texas Baptist Missionary
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
June 1, 2019

“Best way to connect! ”

OverallTTJ makes communicating with everyone involved easy. I LOVE being able to schedule texts & push everyone toward more information on my webpage. Easy to use & affordable!
ProsIn a ministry to college students I was looking for the BEST way to connect with students, who text ALL THE TIME. With TTJ I can communicate to everyone involved in seconds, schedule weekly texts, push everyone toward more information on my webpage, as well as give students the ease of TTJ - something they are very used to. Flocknote is easy & affordable! I'm a BIG fan of UNO & Flocknote!
Cons1) I wish I could see a list of individuals who do not engage with my texts. Either individuals who "turn off" all texts & emails (ie: those who do not wish to be rude and ask to STOP). Of if I'd get a notification if someone turns everything "off" - So I can remove them. 2) I would be helpful if individuals were forced to add @ LEAST their first name when they TTJ. (It is helpful to see the date that they join).

By Flocknote on June 13, 2019
Hey Tamara! Wow - what a review! Thanks so much for taking a few minutes to provide us some feedback; we love hearing this! We are actually working on new features to address members who have opted out of notifications so I encourage you to stay tuned! If you think of any more suggestions, please send us an email at help@flocknote.com. God bless you, Tamara. :)
June 1, 2019
Beth M.
Communications Coordinator
February 12, 2019

“Awesome customer service and easy to use”

ProsThe Flocknote team is so helpful, and I appreciate all their assistance! The tools are very user friendly. I can also do stuff on the go - send emails and texts from my phone... really helpful if a snow day is called and I'm on my way to work - I can pull over (safety first!) and send a text to our parish/school from my phone!
ConsI wish it could have some more sophisticated reporting (i.e. overall open rates per person, excel lists of which groups each person is in, etc.).

By Flocknote on February 14, 2019
Hi Beth! Thank you for writing in with a great review! We love hearing that you can alert your parish/school of cancellations on-the-go from your phone. You also had a great suggestion that you'd like some more reporting features. I'll let the developers know about this! P.S. Thanks for staying safe! :)
Publishing, 11-50 employees
July 16, 2019

“Communication Within the Flock”

OverallOverall I am very satisfied with Flocknote. The group that uses it numbers over 75 now, so we use the paid option, and it's worth every penny for the increased and streamlined communication.
ProsFlocknote is a messaging app that allows you to connect with people in your church more easily. Since signing our ward up for the software, communication has become a breeze. There are people in my church I didn't even think to reach out to, but because we're all on the same system, I can find their contact info and let them know what's happening. It's made my life as a visiting teacher much easier.
ConsMy one gripe (if you could call it that) is a lack of integrated Bitmoji software. A lot of the kids in my church (and their moms) use Bitmoji in regular text conversations, so it'd be great to have that option built into the app. Other than that, it's great!

By Flocknote on July 18, 2019
Thanks for this fantastic review! Haha I'm a Bitmoji fan myself, so I've passed this info along to the team. Thanks for coming to us with your honest feedback and ideas. Feel free to reach out to us at help@flocknote.com if you have any others. :)
Brian C.
Director of Religious Education
February 11, 2019

“Great Product Getting Better”

OverallI send a weekly Flocknote message containing Scott Hahn's Sunday Gospel reflections to everyone in the parish. I schedule these emails to go out at 11 a.m. on Saturday morning to allow the reader time to digest the message before hearing the Gospel read at Mass. I have had a few reply with the "STOP" message, but only a few...
ProsFlocknote allows the admin/user to communicate easily via text message or email (or both) with one message for an entire group of people. As a DRE in the Midwest it is all too common to have to cancel classes on short notice due to weather conditions. If all parents/families are registered to the platform they will get a message early enough to notify them of a cancellation.
ConsI would really like the ability to copy and paste images.

By Flocknote on February 12, 2019
Woohoo! Thank you so much for lending your time to give us this great review! It's amazing to hear you've been able to reach members on short notice for cancelations due to weather -- great use of Flocknote! While you can certainly upload images, it's really helpful to hear your copy and paste suggestion. If you have any more, send them our way at help@flocknote.com. Blessings to you!
KATRINA T.
Director of Catechetical Ministries
March 25, 2019

“Pretty Simple”

OverallSo far So good
ProsThe best thing about this platform is texting the parishioners without having to use my personal cell phone. Plus it's easy to use and you don't have to have an I.T team
ConsWhen I import a contact list or approve a request it does not check for duplicate contacts .

By Flocknote on April 1, 2019
Hi Katrina, thanks for the helpful review! I'm glad you enjoy our built-in privacy settings which allow you to text without giving out your personal cell number! I understand you've been having issues with duplicate contacts and we have some handy tricks to help keep your lists clean. Would you mind reaching out to us at help@flocknote.com? One of our Happiness Engineers would be more than happy to send you some tips. :)
March 25, 2019
Benjamin K.
Senior Pastor
April 9, 2018

“Flocknote is an easy to use communication tool built for churches.”

OverallFlocknote allows church administration and leaders to communicate with their people on demand. It is a simple, straightforward, and cost effective solution made for churches.
ProsThe software is simple, straightforward, and cost effective. The software allows communication through email and text. It has analytics for understanding how the messages were received and red. Groups can be setup to communicate with specific people.
ConsWhen people attempt to communicate back, you will have to manually look for these communication. Notifications are not given when someone communicates back. This is only a one-way communications platform.

By Flocknote on May 7, 2018
Hi Benjamin, We're so glad to hear you're finding Flocknote helpful for communicating with your church members :) I do have some good news for you. There is a way to be notified via email when someone replies to a note. To enable these notifications, you can simply login and select the Purple Bell icon and click to highlight the speech bubble icon next to any group that's listed to be notified via email when a comment is left on a note. To see this process in action you can check out our training video on comments here: http://flocknote.com/training/comments-and-replies I hope this is helpful :) If you have any questions or if we can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at help@flocknote.com God bless, Kaitlin R. Flocknote Happiness Engineer Help@flocknote.com
April 9, 2018
Polly K.
Church Communications Consultant
April 24, 2019

“We are so grateful for Flocknote!”

OverallThis is the first time that our church has been on one communication tool all together. I think it will make all of what we are doing more organized, more transparent, and more timely. Thank you for this!
ProsWe have been so pleased with all that Flocknote has offered us as a church leadership team! We love that we are all on the same platform and that we can make our notes look so professional in just minutes. Also, we love having the ability to have groups so that not everyone has to receive all of the information we need to send out.
ConsI have been surprised at how hard it is for some of our people to get signed up, only because they aren't very tech savvy. It's certainly not Flocknote's fault, but it has been shocking at how much energy and time we've spent getting people on board.

By Flocknote on April 28, 2019
Hey Polly, thanks for this positive review! You mentioned you have had some issues with members signing up, so we'd love to work 1on1 with you to see how we can help streamline this process at Abundant Life. Please reach out to help@flocknote.com and one of our Happiness Engineers would be happy to help in any way they can. :)
Rebecca D.
Student
April 4, 2018

“Great for parish updates!”

ProsFlocknote helps send awesome, professional-looking emails out to all of the members of our church community. The formatting is great and helps us keep all of our updates organized, which is especially helpful since we host lots of events for student parishoners.
ConsOne thing I don't like is that replies to the emails can be seen my any general members of the community. I wish that there were a way to make replies private if needed.

By Flocknote on May 7, 2018
Hi Rebecca, We're over the moon to hear that you all are finding Flocknote helpful for sending updates to your church community! I have good news for you, there is a way for members to leave private replies so they aren't visible to non-admins. If someone replies directly to an email or text, the reply will be private by default and display with a padlock next to the replier's name. If they click the reply button within ther email to reply to the note online, there will be a checkbox in the text area they can click to mark the comment as private. Additionally you do have the option to turn off public replies when you are composing a note by selecting the Comments button and adjusting the settings found there. To see this in action, we have a great training video here: http://flocknote.com/training/comments-and-replies I hope this helps :) If you have any other questions, feel free to reach us anytime at help@flocknote.com God bless, Kaitlin R. Flocknote Happiness Engineer
April 4, 2018
Phyllis E.
Adult Education/Hispanic Liason/Flocknote Leader
Civic & Social Organization, 1001-5000 employees
May 26, 2019

“The Key to Engaging Our People”

Overall We have over 4,000 members in our church, 2,000 of which are Hispanic. Many of these do not speak English. I can send out bilingual newsletters to help bridge the gap between the two communities. We also have a school. The Text feature of Flocknote allows us to quickly notify people of weather closings, meeting changes, etc.
ProsCan reach a large number of people with little effort and in a short time. Sent message out to over 1,900 and within the first hour over 700 people had read it! I like the fact that I can see who has not opened their email, how many people clicked on links in the message and which emails were not valid. I like having the ability develop groups and to assign administrators to the groups so they can engage their people.
ConsThe Unolytics. Actually I like them the best but I do not understand the numbers and percentages sometimes. They don't always seem to add up. So the actually con is my understanding of how the unolytics work.

By Flocknote on May 29, 2019
Hey Phyllis, it always makes our day to hear that Flocknote has helped another church! We'd love to look into your questions about the Unolytics, so would you mind reaching out to us at help@flocknote.com? We'd be happy to walk you through those numbers and make sure everything's running smoothly on your account. We really appreciate you! :)
May 26, 2019
Brian N.
Senior Software Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
April 30, 2019

“Group messaging is easy”

OverallI am pretty happy with this web service, especially regarding the low service charge.
ProsIt is very easy to manage different groups of contacts for different purposes. I can easily email or send text messages to different groups. Text messages can be scheduled for sending later. The monthly service fee is affordable for limited budget organizations.
ConsOnly 160 characters are allowed per message. It has an issue with typing different languages. I have to type in MS Word then cut and paste to FlockNote message editor. It does not support voice messages.

By Flocknote on May 5, 2019
Well hello there, Brian! Thank you for taking a few minutes to leave us a great review. We do our best to keep costs down for our members so I'm glad you have found the service affordable on a limited budget. I also wanted to clarify that we actually do offer the ability for voice/phone calls with Flocknote. If you'd like to learn more, I encourage you to check out this link: tinyurl.com/flocknotephonecalls God bless! :)
April 30, 2019
Barbara C.
Office Administrator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
February 12, 2019

“Bring Your Parishioners Together”

ProsOur parishioners are more informed than ever of all the events and ministries at our parish. We have had more participation from parishioners and have closed the communication gap we seemed to have by just publishing a weekly paper bulletin to had out at church. Sending out a weekly e-mail Newsletter using Flocknote has given us the ability to reach parishioners that may be unable to come to church. In addition, parishioners have the ability to update their contact information, thus improving on our church database.
ConsSomewhat difficult to use the special features.

By Flocknote on February 14, 2019
Hi Barbara! Woohoo -- so great to hear the communication gap in your church has been closed! We are continuing to improve features for your church database so stay tuned! If you come across any difficulty, reach out to us with your questions or feedback at any time to help@flocknote.com. God bless!
RUBEN M.
Elder; Bishop; Overseer
September 19, 2019

“Versatile option for broadcasting notices to some or all of the membership.”

OverallA newsletter is not received in a timely manner. This systems allows the fastest way to reach members. In the past member calling members was slow and sometimes missed people. Generally, most people prefer this system after a few messages are sent. Overall we are satisfied with this product.
ProsThis product will reach the membership via text messages, phone calls (extra charge per voice call) or by email. Other solutions may only have text messages or recorded messages. This will reach members who do not want text messages. Members who respond to texts will not be able to send their responses to all on the message list. Messages may be prepared in advance and sent out at a specified time and day.
ConsCaller IDs and text messages IDs do not show church name or Flocknote as the originator. Only a out of area Area Code Number is displayed. This discourages recipients to answer the call or open the text. The number of members shown as reached is always 100%. The mobile app does not give admins access to all features, must use a computer to use all features.

By Flocknote on September 20, 2019
Hiya Ruben. Wowza, we appreciate this review! Your feedback doesn't go unnoticed; we go through the good and the bad to be sure that we continue to improve and wow you more and more. If you think of any more features within Flocknote you would like to change or improve upon, send us an email to help@flocknote.com. We appreciate you, Ruben. :)
Joseph H.
Youth minister
September 19, 2019

“Great! I recommend them!”

OverallLove it! They're great! I definitely recommend! Plus it's free for small groups and cheap for medium sized groups.
ProsEasy to use, friendly interface and customer service people. It's easy to get started and they don't overcomplicate there task of communication.
ConsText limits. It was just a challenge to fit all I wanted to say in the character limit of a text message.

By Flocknote on September 20, 2019
Hi Joseph -- thanks for this review! It's always great to hear that our customers are enjoying the software. You're right that the character limit for texts is 160 characters. The primary reason for this is so we can ensure that every cell carrier delivers each text as one single message. Beyond 160, some carriers will cut off extra characters into a second text, which would, for example, break any links that you included or just generally cause confusion. Also, the beauty of texts is that they are short and sweet. However, if you want to send longer texts, I recommend sending multiple texts and adding (1of3, 2of3, 3of3) footers at the bottom to eliminate confusion. I hope this helps, but reach out to us at help@flocknote.com if you have any other questions. :)
Vickie J.
Director of Communications
April 1, 2019

“Yup, Flocknote is effective and efficient!”

OverallFinding a way for our ministries to communicate within their groups has been a challenge. No more with Flocknote! While some are slower to adopt (and adapt) than others, it is catching on and we LOVE it!
ProsTo be honest, it's as if Flocknote does the thinking for users. If a feature isn't obvious, there's a tutorial to answer the question. If any questions arise, Flocknote Happiness Engineers are THE SINGULAR BEST "help" team ever assembled. I think I want to be a Happiness Engineer when I grow up!
ConsThe single ONLY complaint is no built-in spell check for emails and newsletters.

By Flocknote on April 3, 2019
Hi Vickie! I shared this review with our team and it brought a smile to all the Happiness Engineers' faces. Thank you so much for taking time to send along some words of kindness -- we appreciate it more than you know! I just let the developers know about your interest in a spell check feature -- thanks for keeping us sharp! :) God bless!
April 1, 2019
Tim T.
Chairperson
September 6, 2019

“Great for committee use”

OverallWe have a lot of email contact that is necessary for multiple projects we are doing. Having it all organized into one place has been amazing. Love being able to add quotes and GIFs to spruce it up a little. Hopefully will be able to expand this to the rest of our church once we get comfortable with it.
ProsWe have in the past year started a stewardship committee at our church. It was becoming very tedious to manage email and text contact until we tried Flocknotes. Now all is in the same location and the back and forth is much easier to manage.
ConsThere is a little bit of a learning curve to get the most out of it and several people on the committee still don't participate as a user finding it to much trouble. It is different that regular email for sure but the biggest problem is just getting people to accept something new (and better!).

By Flocknote on September 10, 2019
Woohoo, Tim - thanks for your review of Flocknote! I'm thrilled to hear that your once tedious lists are now all in one location and easier to manage. You mentioned that there was a bit of a learning curve and so we'd love to hear your thoughts on this and if there was any way we could have better supported you along the way. Just send us an email to help@flocknote.com. :)
September 6, 2019
Joseph B.
RCIA Coordinator
Information Services, 1001-5000 employees

“Flocknote review”

OverallOur pastor often encourages people to "take home a bulletin and refer to it during the week." It seems the office is inundated with the same phone calls week after week. "What time is Mass" or "What can I leave at the cemetery?" Flocknote is the perfect tool for communicating with parishioners in a top-of-the-mind manner. We can send out Mass schedules just before Holy Day or cemetery protocols before Memorial Day. Things people forget by Thursday. I must add, the tech support from the "Happiness Engineers" is fast & accurate, even if the name is a little cutesy.
ProsI love the manner in which everything is laid out. It's easy to use & there is very little clutter per page. Often it seems software designers get gimmicky, trying to show off for other designers and forgetting what it is like for people who really do not like steep learning curves. Even my pastor, who once asked "Do they deliver e-mail on Sunday?" is getting the hang of it.
ConsLabels on the buttons are sometimes a little too cutesy and I pause, wondering if I should click on a button that says "Wahoo!"

By Flocknote on June 3, 2019
Hi, Joseph! I'm glad you, your parish, and your pastor have found Flocknote easy to use! We appreciate any and all feedback, so it's nice hearing your personal take on everything. If you think of any way we can improve, send us an email to help@flocknote.com. We take your feedback seriously. :) Blessings to St. James Minor!
Rick M.
Rector

“EXCELLENT product.”

OverallWe use Flocknote for all of our church communications. We run two weekly newsletters, and our in-The-moment announcements and messaging. It makes us look like we know what we're doing!
ProsIt looks great. It's relatively intuitive and easy to use. The people in our church love it. We're able to embed documents, pictures, and video. AND, text messaging is included.
ConsSometimes the iOS app is buggy. Oftentimes I have to abandon the app, and use the web version on my desktop. Because I primarily use an iPad, it's sometimes a pain.

By Flocknote on May 1, 2019
Aww shucks! Thank you for your positive review Rick. We're so happy to hear everyone at St. Mark's is enjoying flocknote. If you ever run into a problem with the iOS app on your phone or your ipad - just drop us a line at help@flocknote.com or using the chat feature on our site and we'll get any bugs over to our developers to fix ASAP :) Have a great week!
Anna S.
Communications Coordinator
July 22, 2019

“Flocknote is Great”

OverallIt has been a blessing to our parish especially in reaching out (communications)
ProsEasy to manage, great and friendly support, constantly incorporating new programs or ideas
ConsI have yet to come across a problematic area

By Flocknote on July 23, 2019
Thanks for this short and sweet review, Anna! We so appreciate you and are over the moon that you've been enjoying Flocknote so far. May God continue to bless you and St. Peter's Catholic Church! :)
July 22, 2019
Pamela S.
Director of Religious Education
May 31, 2019

“Professional and Easy to Use”

OverallWe send to 1500 parishioners, and it is so easy to send our weekly emails to the groups who are interested in seeing them. We always get positive feedback.
ProsI appreciate Flocknote's ease of use, and we have so much feedback from those who receive our emails that they appreciate the professional and organized layout. We love the connection with Bishop Barron and the ENGAGE program. I appreciate the thorough analytics.
ConsI wish I could copy sections easily from one email to another. I copy the contents, and always have to reformat, especially since the color/centering/bolding often do not copy. I'd love to be able to grab a filled section and put it in another email. <--I do this ALL the time, where I just want one section from an existing email.

By Flocknote on June 4, 2019
5 stars for you, Pamela! Thank you for this fantastic review! I'm so glad to hear that you and the 1500 parishioners of St. James - St. Leo have been enjoying Flocknote so far. We take your feedback seriously, so I'm going to let our developers know your interest in copying sections between emails more easily. If you think of any more suggestions, send them my way at help@flocknote.com. :) God bless you.
Liam O.
Pastor
May 27, 2019

“I'm still learning the new features”

OverallLower cost than my previous solution. Easy as falling off a rock, and much less painless.
ProsI love that it's so easy to use and that it gives me so much feedback about the effectiveness of my messages.
ConsI used Flocknote previously 3 years ago when I was in NYC. The product has become more feature rich since then. I just have to take the time to learn the new features and to roll it out to my staff and ministries.

By Flocknote on May 29, 2019
Well hello there, Liam -- thank you for the helpful review! We're glad to hear that you've found it easy to use! You mentioned that you haven't really explored the new features or rolled it out to your staff and we'd love to help you with that process. Just reach out to us at help@flocknote.com and we'll be happy to set you up with some training videos, handy resources, and advice! :)
May 27, 2019
Joo C.
Personal Assistant to the Senior Pastor
Religious Institutions, 501-1000 employees

“efficient communication”

Overalllike I say in the 1st box, quick mass communication on updates and changes. Quick way to keep in touch with church members in weather related disasters.
ProsA quick way to communicate and update church members on changes to events/programs
Consnumbers of characters allowed for 1 text is very limited. Sometimes, the information needed to be sent out is so much than it is allowed in 1 text. The church admin has to sent 2 or 3 texts. This usually annoys a certain age groups, especially the millennials.

By Flocknote on May 23, 2019
Hi Joo -- thank you for this helpful review! You're correct that the text field caps out at 160 characters -- I'm sorry about that! The primary reason for this is so we can ensure that every cell carrier delivers each text as one single message. Beyond 160, some carriers will cut off extra characters into a second text, which would, for example, break any links that you included or just generally cause confusion. If you send very long texts, what you can do is break it into multiple texts and put footnotes (1/3, 2/3, 3/3) at the end of your text so that members know that there are multiple parts to your text. I'm sorry if this wasn't the answer you were hoping for, but I've let our developers know your thoughts about texting. Thanks for keeping us sharp! :)
Elizabeth H.
Ministry Leader
February 11, 2019

“Love, love, love Flocknote!”

OverallI feel confident that because my info is mostly received via text that a far greater percentage of group members are receiving pertinent info in a secure and timely manner. I'm reaching my target audience and couldn't be happier about it. It's also great because group members who are vacationing, homebound, or deployed on military operations, can still feel "plugged-in" to the parish.
ProsI am a Group Administrator at my parish. The thing I love most about what Flocknote has to offer is that you can send out a note to EXACTLY the people you're trying to reach in just a matter of minutes. Whether it's a gorgeous graphics-filled, colorful quarterly update or just a simple one-sentence meeting reminder, this can be done with ease right from my phone. It's also super helpful that group members can reply publicly to the group or privately to the admins. Appreciation for Flocknote's security versus using traditional email is not lost on participating members.
ConsI honestly can't think of any cons, truly. I just wish everyone single member of the parish would enroll!

By Flocknote on February 12, 2019
¿ Wow - what a stellar review, Elizabeth! Hearing this feedback is what gives us energy to continue making Flocknote better and better for our members. You are so appreciated! ¿
Brandt L.
Pastor
August 13, 2019

“I love Flocknote”

OverallThe site is really easy to use and the service has been great!
ProsI love using flocknote because it met a need that I couldn't find a solution for elsewhere. We were finding it hard to find a communications medium that allowed for texting large groups of people for a reasonable price. Flocknote not only did that, but it made communicating with our groups easier than ever. I am a huge fan.
ConsMy only problem with flocknote is that after being a user for about a month there are new changes that are taking away from the original functionality. I really like keeping up with attendance and giving in one place, but it was recently taken away unless ordered a second function.

By Flocknote on August 19, 2019
Hi Pastor Brandt - thank you very much for your time and consideration leaving Flocknote a review. While we appreciate all your positive thoughts, we don't overlook the constructive feedback and we'll be sure to take your thoughts on the recent change with giving tracking in consideration as we develop the site for the future. We appreciate you! :)
August 13, 2019
January 31, 2019

“High on reach, less high on interaction”

OverallWe had to find SOMETHING to replace the city. We're getting used to the new system. It's missing a LOT of what we had on the City: primarily
ProsWe love the way you can connect to be where they are: in their email inbox and via text messages. We find folks SEEING what we're putting out there.
ConsWe would LOVE the ability for more interaction and "bottom up" communication. This is great for "mass com" but not as great for interaction. I do understand that that's not how Flocknote was built and that as a church we are an outlier. We are sojourners with no home, like sheep without a pasture online, so to say.

By Flocknote on February 7, 2019
Hi there! Thank you so much for taking the time to express your thoughts about Flocknote! It's great to see that you've found that your messages are now actually reaching your people because they're already on their phones looking at texts and emails -- that's great news! Thank you for also letting us know you'd like more ways for your members to send 'bottom up' messages. If you have any other suggestions, send them our way at help@flocknote.com. God bless! :)
Eric C.
Administrative Assistant
February 20, 2019

“Better than adverstised”

ProsPersonally, I like the user friendly software. Because I normally handle so many different programs and outreach for the church, I find myself running out of time a lot. Therefore, I cannot spend a lot of time on all of the programs. With Flock note, the learning curve was very much easy and that was a blessing.
ConsThe fact that I cannot have everyone chat or respond to each other after I send a text to a group.

By Flocknote on February 22, 2019
Hi Eric, we're thrilled you found the Flocknote learning curve to be easy! We're happy to hear it's been a timesaver in your busy schedule. I do want to point out that you do have the option for group engagement through the comment stream of each note. While this will not work like a group chat where you're getting text notifications for every message, the members can always respond to each other and turn their comment notifications ON to get each message. Would you mind reaching out to us at help@flocknote.com -- we'd love to walk you through your options relating to this! :)
February 20, 2019
Nick C.
Director of Liturgy & Adult Education, RCIA
August 7, 2019

“The Best Solution For Reaching our Community!”

OverallFlocknote is as close to a 'silver bullet' as possible for communicating with our whole community, which is diverse, engages with varying degrees, and has varying needs. From the staff perspective, even our most computer-novice staff find it easy to use and helpful. Compared to other commercial/corporate tools, it is far better suited to our needs and significantly less expensive. Customer service is rapid and very helpful. We would recommend this to anyone.
ProsIt is simple, accessible, very cost effective, and makes the most of systems already in place in people's lives without adding extra complications, providing easy ways to solicit critical feedback and engage in conversations.
ConsThe dashboard is a little loud, visually.

By Flocknote on August 8, 2019
Wow - what a review, Nick! Your kind words do not go unnoticed! I'm so appreciative you took the time to leave us a great review. I will definitely pass on your feedback about the dashboard to our developers; if you have any other suggestions, send them my way at help@flocknote.com. :)
August 7, 2019
walter d.
co-director
September 4, 2019

“my review”

OverallI like it and am trying to figure out where I can use it in my organization for a cost I can handle.
Prosability to reach people either by email or text, the ability to have a discussion, the ability to have an easy signup experience. Easy to generate notes and get them out.
ConsThe icons are somewhat confusing. What they mean and where they are located. The cost is our big tripping point only because we are not a parish, but a free standing social action ministry.

By Flocknote on September 9, 2019
Hi Walter. I appreciate the time you took to leave us a review. I'm glad you've found it easy to generate notes and that your members have had an easy signup experience. You mentioned some confusion with the icons and price has been an issue, so I'd be happy to discuss this further and get more details to help you in the best way. Would you mind reaching out to help@flocknote.com? I appreciate it! :)
September 4, 2019
Sr. Brittany H.
Chair of the Theology Department
Education Management, 11-50 employees
April 18, 2019

“An Easy Way to Maintain Contact with Your "Flock"”

ProsIn looking for a text and/or email based communication platform, I tried many others. When a fellow ministry started using Flocknote, I was impressed with how effective it was and how easy to set up and use. The software grows with you, so if you have a ministry under 40 contacts, it is free to use, and the pricing above that is very reasonable.
ConsI have not yet encountered anything I do not like about Flocknote. It offers exactly what I need for ministry promotion.

By Flocknote on April 22, 2019
Thanks for the glowing review, Sr. Brittany! We are so grateful for you!
April 18, 2019
DeAnne W.
Stewardship Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1000 employees

“Communicate with confidence”

ProsEasy to learn, so many tools to make great notes. Easy to respond and track results.
ConsIt sometimes drops users. Not sure how that is happening. They look like they are there but do not receive the messages.

By Flocknote on February 1, 2019
Wow thank you so much for the great review, DeAnne! I'm very happy to hear you've found Flocknote so easy to learn and use! I want to make sure everything is always running smoothly for you guys, so if for some reason your members aren't receiving their notes, don't hesitate to let me know at help@flocknote.com. I'd be happy to look into this and get everything sorted out. God bless! :)
Tom H.
Director of Youth Ministry
May 30, 2019

“Great product - Constant improvements ”

OverallIt's a wonderfully designed communication tool that reaches our church members and keeps us from using our personal numbers with our teen population.
ProsThey are constantly updating, improving and adding tools. They take customer feedback very seriously.
ConsThe more people who you have use it, the more it costs. But hey, that's life.

By Flocknote on June 1, 2019
Thanks for the review, Tom! You're right -- we do take customer feedback seriously. Your thoughts directly affect how we build Flocknote. Stay tuned for some exciting new features we're launching very soon! :)
May 30, 2019
John C H.
Deacon
August 2, 2019

“Flocknote is the future of parish software ”

OverallWhen I first started to use it I thought it was just another Facebook for religious people But I found out it is so much more and I can see it growing to be the only software a parish or dioceses Will ever need
ProsIt is the easiest to use and setup and I look forward to all the things they are going to add
ConsI love the software I can't say a bad word about it

By Flocknote on August 7, 2019
Hi Deacon John, thank you so much for this awesome review! It makes our day to hear you've been loving Flocknote and we want to keep that up! Please let us know if you ever have questions, concerns, suggestions, or just want to chat! ;)
August 2, 2019
Anthony P.
DRE among many
May 9, 2019

“Smart, Simple and Effective - isn't that what it's all about?”

OverallI had several mistakes I made in setup and tech support took care of them immediately. And it was user error not theirs. There's a lot to lear but the tutorials are there. I just opened my second account with my second church and would recommend it highly.
ProsSimple, easy, and very effective It offer so much and there are plenty of tutorials and support if you need. This seems to meet ALL the criteria any church needs to effectively communicate, including affordable.
ConsSo far not anything to dislike. I started in 2017 but never gave it the chance until last month and I have used it every day and wondered what took me so long. Great tool.

By Flocknote on May 10, 2019
Hi Anthony, thank for taking some time out of your day to leave us a kind review! We really appreciate it and it helps to improve communication in more and more churches! God bless! :)
May 9, 2019
David W.
Congregational Leader
July 3, 2019

“Amazing”

OverallIt's helped us communicate to our community, and they've been super helpful.
ProsVery helpful tool for keeping in touch with our community, especially through texting. I was searching for a way to communicate by texting and found this one (most people don't really read emails from congregations). Also, the team is very responsive and helpful.
ConsNothing. Everything about it is helpful.

By Flocknote on July 5, 2019
Woohoo -- thanks for the glowing review, David! We're glad to hear that your congregation has enjoyed the texting feature. We want to be sure you continue to have a great experience, so if you ever have a question or have suggestions for future features, send us an email to help@flocknote.com. God bless you! :)
July 3, 2019
Janice O.
Parish Life
February 12, 2019

“Flocknote; A great way to reach your Parishioners!”

OverallOur parish is reaching more people than ever before with Flocknote. We are able to see which parishioners are opening the messages and which parishioners are inactive. Now we know exactly who we need to reach out to.
ProsThis software is easy to use. I am not very computer savvy but am able to produce emails for my parish with ease.
ConsThe canned messages used can not be changed. I addressed a message that automatically shows up at the bottom of an email and although misleading, it can not be changed.

By Flocknote on February 14, 2019
Hi there, Janice! It makes us happy when we hear that you're able to connect with your parish at ease. Our goal is to set you up for success to reach your parishioners, so would you mind reaching out to help@flocknote.com so that we can clear up any confusion about those edits you wanted to make with your notes? We look forward to hearing from you! God bless!
Joe W.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
November 19, 2018

“Bethany Church review”

OverallWorking with the Flocknote people have been really good and appreciate the "atta boys" emails and news updates.
ProsFlocknote was easy to understand the program and very easy to get members to sign up with. The customer service is awesome if I did have questions and the Flock Help page and video's also helped a lot. The most positive thing of Flocknote is the knowing that the messages are getting out to the people without being held up by email issues. So far this has been awesome.
ConsNothing comes to mind at this point. We are still somewhat new with it but everything is working the way we want it to.
November 19, 2018