Mention Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.7/5
4.7/5

About Mention

Mention is a social media marketing suite enabling brands and agencies to drive the conversation. Thanks to Listen, you will always be in the know: monitor what is being said online about a brand or a product, get comprehensive analytics on their industry and measure the impact of your marketing & PR activities With Publish, spread the word: plan & manage social media posting from one tool, create content based on relevant insights and keep up with your content calendar wherever you are. Learn more about Mention

Coy W.
August 13, 2019

“Okay Monitoring Service, But Buyer Beware - No Option to Cancel”

OverallMost poor reviews come from disgruntled clients who proceed to trash the company. This is not a positive review, but to be fair there are some positive qualities about the application. For starters, do your homework and review all the options available. Turns out there are other companies with more robust platforms that offer more services for a lower price. Mention offers decent monitoring services for companies that don't have PR teams with the ability to focus on monitoring. You can set up alerts (up to a point, before getting charged again) and manage the results to attempt to get focused. Even so, there is a ton of noise that has to be filtered out. For the time you spend tooling around with the app you could actually set up other methods to get the same results. For us, Mention didn't quite offer all the value for the price and upsells. We restructured our PR to be smarter and narrow in on specific sources for each campaign - something our clients greatly appreciate. Attribution is easy to measure without using Mention, so it was obvious to us that we are paying a premium (over a quarterly premium and upsells) for a service that isn't doing much for us. That may not be the case for you, but when we opted to end our agreement, Mention's answer was basically "I don't care, pay me my money". Not a very good look and definitely prevents me from ever considering them again even if they upgraded their services in the future.
ProsThe solution offers online monitoring that includes news, social media, message boards, and forums. There is an added cost to include traditional news sources like TV & Radio, but the extra cost makes the overall package more expensive than other solutions on the market. The setup team was actually good, so the initial experience with the company was positive.
ConsWith exception of message boards and forums, you can reasonably achieve the same results using Google Alerts. For the cost and non-cancellable contract, you can actually fill in the gaps with just a little bit of leg work and some ingenuity. We ended up having to manually monitor review sites (like TripAdvisor), regardless of the promises made by Mention. That was pretty inconvenient. Additionally, we found quite a bit of chatter that wasn't being picked up by Mention. Eventually, we had to ask ourselves what's the point of paying so much money for the service. Mention doesn't break contracts, even if you're paying the premium for quarterly payments - which most ethical companies offer knowing that you may have to make a break. Their handling of that request leaves a lot to be desired.
August 13, 2019
Abigail N.
December 13, 2017

“Great for social media monitoring and measuring social sentiment”

OverallIt helped monitor competitor mentions, my brand's mentions and most importantly it helped gauge how people felt about my brand, whether positive, negative or neutral.
ProsI originally signed up for mention to measure the social sentiment of one of the brands I managed. My first choice was Hootsuite but the form wasn't loading so I decided to try Mention. Best decision I ever made! After signing up and setting up keywords to measure, alerts and dashboards, I forgot about Mention because it wasn't giving me info on past activity, I got an email from Account Executive at Mention and we scheduled a 15 minutes call to walk me through mention and answer my questions. The call helped me understand how to use mention, It also explained why the social sentiment dashboard wasn't showing much info. Mention doesn't show past data only data from when the account is set up. I liked the email alerts on competitors social media mentions, I wanted to know who was mentioning my competitors and why, and if they were journalists, I could use Hunter and Clearbit to get their emails so I could send them a pitch. I think the pros of Mention are: Good support from the Mention team, simple interface that is easy to use and resources such as webinars to make the most of the software, email alerts on competitors mention on social media, blogs, forums etc. And of course the simple social sentiment dashboard.
ConsThe brand I used Mention on was a small brand with little activity, and most social media interactions were in the past after we ran a campaign. Which didn't help much because Mention only showed data collected after setting up. I wish I could get sentiment from past activity so I can measure how my brand was viewed then and now.
December 13, 2017
Kristi A.
Marketing & PR Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
September 10, 2019

“Mention gets all the mentions ”

OverallBack in the day, we'd monitor news with Google Alerts which was obviously a terrible idea. Mention picks up stuff lightning fast and it's incredibly affordable if you're on a budget and looking to get in to more serious media monitoring. I can't recommend Mention enough as a user-friendly, cost-effective, thorough solution. It also offers more advanced options for when your budget or need increases.
ProsIt's a cost-effective, in-depth monitoring solution.
ConsI wish more features were available to base plans, even on an a la carte basis.
Nicole M.
Managing Partner
Government Relations, 1-10 employees
August 4, 2016

“Fantastic Media Monitoring service”

OverallI was an early adopter of Mention App and have seen it grow from strength to strength. Compared to high priced media monitoring from large companies on offer - it is often quicker, more precise and always covers the full social, online and offline news environment. I use it for my clients and highly recommend it.
ProsEase of use, quick set up and accurate results. In built-sentiment analysis is useful. It's also helpful you can connect your social accounts to Mention and use the dashboard to respond to customer queries.
ConsNot as evolved in the visualisation of data as competitors, but this isn't a big con because the data gathered is timely, precise and relevant (which other platforms struggle with). But would be great to see more options to display data.
Recommendations to other buyersI've used it from free to enterprise level and it's been an impressive platform to display client data and when clients find out how well priced it is compared to their traditional media monitoring services, they are sold!
August 4, 2016
Darla B.
Marketing Coordinator
Education Management, 51-200 employees

“Mentions is Awesome!”

OverallI like the way you can limit the amount of feedback by blocking those you know don't belong and adding key words and using key words to block. I've been using this product for about two years. I'm a one person PR shop so it really saves me time in searching for those commenting about our school.
ProsI get notifications by email about people talking about the school. It covers all social media and all sources on the web. It's really great and easy to use.
ConsIt's pretty pricy for a school but they do have a free option that is what I use. They used to have a larger number of free mentions but now it's only 100 which isn't many. I reach my max by the end of the first week of the month. I wish they had an educational discount.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you can afford it get it. It really is very useful!
Frédéric P.
Head of Digital Publishing
November 24, 2017

“Mention allows me to monitor my brand and competition easily.”

OverallI can monitor any word, brand or name I want, giving me a headstart upon dealing with certain subjects.
ProsWhat I like about Mention is the speed with which it finds the occurrences of the keywords I indicate to it. Rather than my competitors, I observe with this tool the vivacity of certain themes.
ConsThe interface is empty and not very intuitive. Fortunately, email alerts allow me to quickly access the last mentions of my keywords, because I don't use the web page where my information is collected, or very little. But this is a minor detail, because it is of particular interest to full-time community managers.
November 24, 2017
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
January 18, 2019

“The easiest tool to monitor media”

ProsWhen I started my work 3,5 years ago I tested a lot of media monitoring tools and Mention keep being the best so far. The first thing - it's clear and easy. The second - it lets me reply on Twitter mentions without leaving the app - it saves time. The third - I can see in the right side of the app what's inside the mention so I can see if it worth my attention without leaving the app.
ConsI don't have any cons in mind. Maybe the fact, that during these 3,5 years I've been using it the app missed some articles that turned out to be quite important.
January 18, 2019
Anastasia T.
Product Expert
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
July 2, 2019

“I've tried many services...”

ProsI've tried many services to monitor our brand mentions and all of them start showing you too many junk and irrelevant matches. In comparison, I've found Mention to be the most precise monitoring tool, which takes info from the quality sources and never skipping the more obscure ones, but only if that's relevant. Also, monitoring Twitter is a nice and useful addition.
ConsI've been using mention sine it had a free tier and as far as I know, there is none anymore. So, be prepared to shell out, but it's definitely worth it.
July 2, 2019
Margarita L.
Blogger, Founder, Autor
September 21, 2017

“Infinity Functionality software ”

ProsFor brands legends startups writers stars successful businesses growing campaigns creators those, who love Mention Infinity constructive opportunities for campaigns to promote a startups, projects or a legendary brands. You can characterize the service as accessibility, mobility, infinity This service uses the most current methods for obtaining references to the brand Can be in a few clicks: Monitor social media in real time. Monitor a billion sources in more than 60 languages. Learn the most authoritative opinions about a brand or keyword. Connect social accounts for mobile response. Creation of actual reports and comparison of notifications. Export data to PDF or CSV. Teamwork with the team by exchanging alerts. Work with a mobile device. Team Mention it's lovely and best team
September 21, 2017
David P.
Developer | Evangelist
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
October 19, 2019

“Great to monitor your brand”

ProsI like a lot the fact you can easily monitor everything about your brand on social medias, web sites, ... And also easily filter out what you don't want (the noise). For example, I'm not interested in the job offers related to my software. Excluding a website or a given term from the alerts is super easy and efficient.
ConsNothing really. The website and its mobile version are easy to use. The email I'm getting every day is perfect.
October 19, 2019
Osa L.
Marketing
July 18, 2018

“Learn all the secrets of your competitors”

ProsIt's easy to learn whenever anyone is mentioned in the media. Do you want to keep track of your own mentions and protect your reputation? Mention can do that. Do you want to spy from your competitors so that you can easily adapt their innovative ideas for your own benefit? Mention can help you.
ConsIt can be a bit complicated if you're not used to software like this, but if you're patient you can figure it out.
July 18, 2018
Ann C.
Marketing Director
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
September 6, 2017

“Mention is a good overall tool for measuring Share of Voice and tracking visibility.”

OverallGood overall look at Share of Voice versus our competition. Affordablility.
ProsEase of Use and Affordability. For getting a quick and relatively accurate overall Share of Voice reading, Mention is a solid tool. It is affordable and provides the basic functionality a marketer needs to measure social media and online mentions.
ConsGranularity in results and being able to track Share of Conversation is limited. Accessing history is limited, as it only tracks from the time you set up a stream search. Limited in key word functionality and Boolean searches until you upgrade and then it gets more expensive.
September 6, 2017
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
May 10, 2018

“Great tool”

ProsI love how Mention scraps the web for mentions, tweets, news, etc. about your company and delivers it daily. I made a lot of personal connections with people who tweeted about us and I would have never known otherwise
ConsA lot of times there are wrong tweets delivered to my email daily. especially if there's a similarity in names, I'm not sure how it can be fixed though.
May 10, 2018
Victor I.
May 7, 2018

“Love Mention!”

ProsYou cant catch everything that's happening on the Internet around your brand. This is what's Menion for. It helps you find fresh mentions and discussions of the topics you're interested in, so you're always updated on the most recent development.
ConsIt might have been a little more precise. While Mention is really great, it's best to combine it with some other similar app.
May 7, 2018
Mike X.
Marketing and Advertising, Unspecified
Used the software for: I used a free trial
October 5, 2015

“If you can get it in the budget, it's a no brainer”

OverallI only used the trial so I don't have a long history with the service. I've been a marketing professional for over 10 years and understand the value of time, knowledge and keeping up with discussions going on about your product and the people associated. I'm impressed with how easy it is to set up and get back to work... you can tweak settings as you start getting results to really hone in on what you're after. There's no point rambling on about Mention, it simply does what you expect it to do in an intuitive way.
ProsQuick to set up, easy to adjust, friendly and responsive support staff... fast learning curve!
ConsYou get pretty flooded with results in the beginning which can be overwhelming and turn some people off that the service has just thrown a wide catch net over the internet and giving you everything! BUT it's only as good as what you put in... it's up to YOU to get the most out of it, put in the right search terms, the right filters and it's amazing how accurate it can be. The con here is that it might be a good idea in the onboarding phase to ensure people understand this (maybe I missed it).

By Mention on October 7, 2015
Thanks a lot for testing Mention and leaving this great review. I appreciate how accurately you describe the challenge of setting up the search correctly with our filters to avoid being flooded with irrelevant results. It's great that you pointed it out, we will work on emphasis this during the on-boarding phase, as you mentioned.
October 5, 2015
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
February 4, 2019

“A must have for your PR efforts”

OverallIt's a really good bit of software. I just wish they'd introduce an 'unlimited mention' pricing tier, and make it affordable.
ProsIt's a social listening tool, so it monitors mentions of your brand, your competitors and even your market on social media. It tells you who's talking about your areas of interest, and what they're saying. This makes it easy to start a conversation with potential leads or influencers. But the feature I like most is the ranking of influencers for a social term - this helps you target your PR to the most important influencers.
ConsIt can be expensive, and the price is difficult to justify if you're a small business.
February 4, 2019
Jennifer M.
Director of Digital Marketing
November 23, 2016

“Useful Tool”

OverallThis tool does a lot of work for me. I do not have to scour the web to find all the places I have been mentioned. This tool does it for me. Worried about your reputation online? Get this tool and let it track that for you. Want to gain online visibility? Let this tool tell you where you can be found online. I love it and could not do my job without it.
ProsCompletely painless. Always on.
ConsDoes not bring me coffee.
November 23, 2016
Ferg D.
Communications Strategist
Public Relations and Communications, Self-employed
November 19, 2016

“Comprehensive Community Engagement Tool”

OverallMention is a wonderfully complex community engagement tool that allows you to complete many functional tasks that were likely separate streams of "work" for people in the past. There are several features that allow you to better engage with your community. There is also a nice high level analytics report tool to assess your metrics. There is also a great opportunity to customize messaging to your audience. Several of their filters help you keep an eye on performance within your network. Who's following, Who's not, Who's engaging with you. Give it a try !
ProsIt makes management of my social networks easier, less time involved.
ConsBe sure to select the right frequency of "notifications" or you might overwhelmed by the updates. Your choice.
Recommendations to other buyersMention provides good stimulus for managing engagement of your community.
Kate J.
Growth Manager
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
August 6, 2019

“Brand mention monitoring on autopilot. ”

OverallSmooth, powerful and helpful.
ProsWe use mention to send Slack messages whenever someone mentions our brand or website online. This effortless way of keeping tabs on who we should say thank you to, or to monitor the success and activity of marketing campaigns really helps us stay on top of things.
ConsCan't think of anything negative to say! If you want more powerful options, you do have to pay but even the free options are super helpful.
August 6, 2019
Rebecca B.
Account Manager
February 15, 2019

“Great, easy-to-use brand monitor”

ProsI love being able to see where our business is being mentioned! It's saved me a couple times to be able to respond to posts on Reddit and is a crucial part of our link building strategy now too. Its easy to navigate and filter through all of the sources and keywords you want to monitor.
ConsIt's a pretty straight forward tool! There's nothing I don't like. I use the basic subscription which has limited features, but I know I can upgrade for more.
February 15, 2019
Ruth C.
Product Marketing Manager
October 18, 2018

“Easy to use brand monitoring tool for social media and the web”

ProsI really like that you can integrate this with Slack. It makes it easy to keep on top of brand mentions as soon as they come in. It's also really helpful that you can get a summary at the end of each day to tell you how many mentions you got and how many were positive / negative. You can also log in and tell it if something is positive or negative to help make your results more reliable.
ConsThere's not too much to dislike really. Admittedly you can get most of this data manually if you searched for it yourself rather than paying for it, but this tool really does help you to save time.
October 18, 2018
Umang S.
Chief Operating Officer
11-50 employees
June 26, 2018

“Most easiest way to track your brand keywords”

ProsWhen you are managing various brands in social media one of the major or first thing you have to do is to get register with Mentions. Mentions is the tool by which you are able to track any keywords that are being type in social platforms. This way you can track if it is positive, negative or neutral comments.
ConsI have subscribed to email reporting but this software email reporting is not up to mark is the least like of this software.
June 26, 2018
Pam B.
Research, 1-10 employees
April 5, 2017

“Mention helps you see your business grow!”

OverallWe love watching the mentions of Tilt365.com grow every day on Mention capture software. We started out with only a few a day and within a month it got us to focus spreading the word. Now we're up to hundreds a day.
ProsGreat service and UX
ConsToo pricey to upgrade. We can also do alerts on google for free.
Recommendations to other buyersIf it were less expensive, we would upgrade.
April 5, 2017
Esly C.
Publishing, 1-10 employees

“Helpful Information”

OverallI find out about books that are being sold illegally, or the wrong use of my name.
ProsIt spots things with my name that I need to know about for business purposes, such as books that are being sold illegally.
ConsI don't understand it all that well, but it works for me.
Dave M.
COO
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
January 17, 2017

“Easy to use media monitoring software”

OverallI've used Mention off and on for a couple of years and just recently upgraded from the entry level package to one of the paid plans. It is easy and intuitive to use and customer support has been great. Start with the free plan and upgrade when you need to :)
ProsEasy and intuitive
ConsPricing plans step up rapidly depedning on features
January 17, 2017
Quentin N.
cofounder
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
February 2, 2017

“Amazing product. For (social) media monitoring - listening, your brand but also all competitors... ”

OverallWe use it to follow all the industry trends of our projects and their competitors. We are always aware of everything and can manage the required actions to be taken very easily with different team members.
ProsEase to use, mobile applications, exhaustive features
February 2, 2017
Ben C.
Director of Client Facing Experience & Analytics
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
December 2, 2015

“Great Product, Great Price!”

OverallHomeBridge Financial Services, Inc. is a financial company that wanted a better way to monitor our brand mentions across the web. With Mention, we found an easy to use product that would allow us to monitor our brand across the entire web (not just social sites that limit many other popular products). We're now able to identify and react all types of posts; significantly improving our engagement success. This also helps improve our customer service, by allowing us to quickly respond and alleviate customers that may need assistance. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking to get a hold of their brand reputation. I'll be looking for this review post in my mention feed too :)
Prosthorough, intuitive, great UI, allows multiple users and triage of assignments, detects all types of websites (not just social sites), good price, great customer service (but I rarely, if ever, need it), has an API and integrates with Zendesk amongst other systems,
Consdoesn't archive mention data (eg if someone removes a post, the content is lost), doesn't show direct message content
December 2, 2015
Mark P.
Principal
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
September 10, 2019

“Helps Me Track Social Media Interactions!”

OverallBy using Mention I've caught several instances where I was in the news and did not know it.
ProsEasy to use. Once set up it does not require maintenance
ConsNothing! I love it! Cannot think of anything bad!
Government Relations, 201-500 employees
November 30, 2018

“Great online/media monitoring tool for your organization”

OverallWorking for a local government, I like being able to monitor was residents and visitors are saying on social media about us. It's a very handy tool at no cost if you choose the right keywords and stay with the free plan.
ProsMention is an asset to individuals. organizations, companies, governments, etc. that want to keep track of what's being said online about them. I also like having a PC program/app that allows you to view the information.
ConsThere are limits on the number of items/keywords that you can track without upgrading to a paid plan, but the free plan is still quite good.
November 30, 2018
Internet, 1-10 employees
November 22, 2018

“Great for knowing when your company is being mentioned on the social media”

OverallFrom a business owner's point of view, Mention was the ideal set and forget solution. We set it up, then I knew exactly how customers felt about our company.
Pros- Loved how easy it is to set up - Once set, we were able to link to slack and get a report of what was happening on social media every day (regarding our brand) - It's one of those software products that blend in and help you when you need it; doesn't stay in your way
ConsNone. We really enjoy using Mention and would recommend to any online business owner!
November 22, 2018
Korvi R.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
June 24, 2017

“Very useful to track your brands online and what people are talking about it.”

OverallTracking discussion, conversation, good and BD reviews about your brand.
ProsQuickly search the discussions and conversation about your brand, company or you and send it to you.
June 24, 2017
Norman B.
librarian
Education Management, 51-200 employees
March 6, 2017

“Keep on top of social media”

OverallMention does my searching of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and others. I get straight forward alerts and jump to the results and appraise whether I'm interested or not. Brilliant service.
ProsIt does what it should very well
ConsNothing
March 6, 2017
Vu Mark N.
Marketing Manager
January 24, 2017

“Pleased with my subscription”

OverallMention has become a "must" for our social media monitoring, but the service goes beyond social media and captures more data on my brand and those that I track than Google Alerts does. I'm also pleased with the interactions I've had with my account managers and their occasional offers to do a screenshare tutorial.
ProsIt's efficient and finds content that Google Alerts misses.
ConsA UI suggestion I made has not been implemented. Granted, it's just from one user, but it's a minor nuisance daily.
Recommendations to other buyersIt works and is well priced. I may switch to an annual subscription to save money.
January 24, 2017
Stephanie M. C.
Social Media Producer
Education Management, 201-500 employees
March 31, 2016

“Listen in listenin' with Mention”

OverallWe've used Mention for quite a while now and it helps me stay on top of our social listening more than any other software app that I use. When I first joined the team, I was onboarded nicely by Mention and got up-to-speed on using the product quickly. We've overhauled other systems, but not this one!
Pros-The workflow is simple and easy to learn. Also keeps you organized while displaying all the mentions you need to see. -Good for collaborating and helps stay on top of the customer experience. -The first thing I check when I get into the office and the last thing I do before I leave, which keeps us in the pulse of our audience.
Cons-The icons for actions you can take on a mention are not as intuitive (although improved from when I first started using it) and you'd expect, which causes some confusion. -The influencer dashboard could also be more robust. -Delayed refresh isn't the best for real-time events, but does eventually catch up.
March 31, 2016
Derek A.
Marketing and Advertising, Unspecified
December 23, 2015

“One of my favorite apps!”

OverallMention is exactly what I had been searching for. See, google alerts are only so good and they mostly show you articles that make it into the news. But as any good marketer knows, there are many conversations taking place across the web and social media. To use it, you just setup an alert similar to google alerts and then the results are populated with fresh posts/articles/comments/threads about your alert keywords. It will also send you an email with these alerts so you can stay up to date with recent posts. I find it helpful because I have a few different companies and this way I can stay on top of conversations that are happening without spending hours out of my day searching for conversations to join.
ProsEase of use. Saves time. Quick setup. Always works. Has filters to remove garbage sites. They improve the software often.
ConsWould like more alerts for less money.
December 23, 2015
Arijit R.
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees

“Excellent”

ProsIt's usability is excellent. It is easy and I love the interface.
ConsNone as of now. I find the software good and usable.
martin c.
Webmaster
11-50 employees
September 7, 2016

“Best app of it's kind that I'm aware of”

OverallMention goes far beyond Google Alerts, although some results are questionable. I sometimes see results that don't mention the key phrase it's looking for.
ProsMost results of any app I tried.
ConsSome results don't match search criteria.
Recommendations to other buyersThe price is too high. If the licensing cost was closer to what people pay for other apps like Google Apps or Dropbox more people would buy it.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 5001-10,000 employees
October 14, 2019

“Cool tool”

ProsI really like the push notifications and ability to "train" it to properly find info that's relevant. I'v found out articles of mine were published via Mention, before the publisher informed me!
ConsNothing, I have no complaints, honest! :-)
October 14, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
February 20, 2019

“Best tool for social media listening ”

Overallmention has definitely help me to learn about my consumer that what exactly they are talking about
ProsBeing a sales person my major part of job includes searching new leads and also also keeping myself updated . Mention help me to keep track of mention of our company also some keywords . Its super easy to use and you can also mark sources as spam .
Conscost can be an issue if you want to have many features
February 20, 2019
Ian H.
Consultant
Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees
July 14, 2017

“Excellent product”

ProsThe software is really useful, and can be tailored to needs, as well as focusing on just what you want.
July 14, 2017
Danielle V.
PR & Community Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
June 7, 2017

“Mention is the most affordable PR tracking tool you will find”

OverallBeing able to track everywhere my company is seen is amazing and the pricing makes it even better.
ProsThe ease of use and the accurate finding makes this product amazing! Mention has found every media mention for my company no matter how small. The pricing is also incredible.
June 7, 2017
Yasmine G.
CMO
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
May 30, 2017

“Must-have tool for all brands”

ProsMention makes it extremely easy to know everything that is said about my brand and my competitors. I connected it to our slack which is very practical.
ConsNo big cons. In the slack integration I'd like to be able to filter our twitter mentions (too noisy).
May 30, 2017
Dan R.
God
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
November 15, 2016

“ mention is great, and somehow very different than Google”

Overallmention allows me to big brother the interwebs. it's essential for getting in touch with customers were talking about my product. This may even affect the bottom line, but who would know?
Pros I have a great plan with mention
ConsI might have to upgrade someday.
Recommendations to other buyerstalkwalker is good too
November 15, 2016
Mike M.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
May 14, 2019

“Amazing Media Monitoring With Mention”

OverallAny keyword, brand, or name can be monitored easily. The speed and ease of keywords to both track and to block is time saving removing irrelevant spam that can flood you with other apps. Mention is essential to managing and tracking your community. It's the best product of it's kind on the market.
ProsAccurate results, easy to set up and to use, Mention is easy to connect your social accounts too and it covers all social media from all sources on the Internet. Very easy to use dashboard for both personal and business use.
ConsThere should be more options to display data however Mention seems to be constantly upgrading and developing so I am sure this will be something taken in consideration by them in the future.

By Mention on May 15, 2019
Thanks a lot for your review, we really appreciate your support!
May 14, 2019
Mike D.
Operations
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
October 31, 2018

“Super helpful for a company small or large!”

OverallIt has really help us interact with our customers and fans all over the internet! Mention saved us many many hours of work!
ProsWe used mention when we were much smaller and it was extremely helpful to easily access all of your mentions online. We use it for social media mainly and it's so much easier than manually finding them to reply to consumers!
ConsNothing to not like, except we stopped using it a few times when we were smaller due to the price.
October 31, 2018
Ksenia B.
HR manager
March 11, 2018

“Awesome Way to Find Out Where You're Mentioned”

OverallOur company is not a big one and therefore every mention counts. Mention gives us the opportunity to easily track where who talks about us and what do they say (without resorting to daily googling our company name)
ProsWe've used it when we first founded our business and we wanted to track the mentions around the Internet. We really enjoyed it because you don't have to continuously google yourself (or your brand), instead, the mentions (especially when your brand name is somewhat unique) are coming to your inbox.
ConsThe pricing is a bit steep if you're a small company. So you can start with the free account and see if this instrument is needed for you. If you are using a free account, there is a limit on free mentions (quite understandable, but something to keep in mind). Otherwise, it can be a very convenient tool for marketing specialists, especially if you're using the dashboard available for listening analysis and competitive analysis.
March 11, 2018
John N.
Advertising Manager
June 1, 2017

“Mention is a fantastic tool for tracking discussions of our company”

ProsThis automated service makes my life easier. It tells me where people are talking about my company online, giving me insight into audience attitudes about us and the opportunity to participate in the discussion if appropriate.
ConsSince we have an unusual brand name (Notgrass), tracking mentions of our company is easy. If you have more complex tracking needs, Mention can become expensive.
June 1, 2017
Aga B.
Marketing Manager
March 15, 2017

“Best insight!”

OverallI love Mention - it's easy to use, always on time with the most important mentions about our brand and what's also important - they don't spam with thousands of useless information.
ProsUX, design, timing when it comes to delivering reports
Cons-
Recommendations to other buyers-
March 15, 2017
Randi B.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
November 19, 2016

“Mention always gives me every social media interaction.”

OverallAcross the internet, mention delivers me an email once a day to let me know who is saying what about my brand and my personal account. Allows me to like, share and interact with every mention that comes about!
ProsI like that it's not too spammy. The free version delivers an email once a day about who replied or used my hashtag.
ConsIt could be completely free :D Just kidding, they deserve to be paid!
Recommendations to other buyersUse it FOR FREE!
Marius v.
July 20, 2016

“This is an app that is just as essential as a bank account is to a business.”

OverallThis is an essential tool in any business of any size that has an online presence and wants to monitor their digital marketing. The best value is in its "early warning" application to lets you manage your online brand reputation.
ProsI do not know what magic crawlers or algorithms they use. But it WORKS and it is accurate. Note though that I can not rate their customer support as I have never needed to use it. Yes they are just that good.
ConsThe free version is limited, but still well worth it for a growing business.
Recommendations to other buyersTry combinations of keywords and adjust accordingly to get the best results to avoid too many reports & thousands of irrelevant mentions.
July 20, 2016