Whova Ratings

Overall

About Whova

Whova's All-in-One Event Management Software helps event organizers create the most engaging and organized events ever by improving attendee engagement, increasing networking opportunities, and making event planning much easier. Whova is loved by multi-thousands of events worldwide and won the Event Technology Award in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Whova is trusted by Hilton, Loreal, US Bank, Oracle, IKEA, Lego, NASA, Rockefeller Foundation, TEDx, Harvard, IEEE and many more. Learn more about Whova

Kathy B.
Community Relations/Marketing Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
March 31, 2017

“Exceptional Value!”

OverallThe WHOVA app provided a wonderful user experience for our delegates. It made it easy for our delegates to connect with other attendees and speakers, share contact information, and be informed about all the event logistics and details. As the organizer of the event, the app had the perfect combination of "ready-made" options with the ability to customize and personalize. I found it extremely intuitive to use. When I did have a question, the online customer service was amazing. Overall the WHOVA app was a great value and contributed to the success of our event.
ProsEasy to use-ready made templates made it easy to customize and upload information. Exceptional Customer Service-online chat was prompt and very helpful
Recommendations to other buyersWould like to see future updates include the following features: 1) If attendees are pre-populated by the organizer, it would be nice to see which attendees have downloaded the app. Otherwise attendees are attempting to engage with other attendees who may not have activated the event app.

By Whova on March 31, 2017
We are happy to know that you like our Whova app. Thanks for the feedback, and we will keep you updated with new features coming soon!
March 31, 2017
Amanda G.
Assistant Director, Student and Alumni Relations

“Thanks Whova”

OverallI loved being able to see who was at the conference, what kinds of topics people were discussing, what connections were being made, etc. It was also helpful to see what was happening pre-conference. I'm sure I'll use it again at conferences in the future.
ProsIt was great to have a social media platform dedicated to the specific conference I attended. I also loved that I could see who was at the conference and where they worked.
ConsThe community portion of the app started to get really full, which made it harder to find what I was looking for. Maybe if that was organized by topics, or if the posts that had new comments were always at the top. Being in alumni relations, it would have been AWESOME if I could search attendees by where they went to school.
Neisha P.
NCCER Certified Trainer
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
December 18, 2018

“Way to go Whova”

OverallThis app was good to have to help me interact with others at the Convention, too bad one it over its over. I wasn't able to access the information like photos after the conference had been over for a while.
ProsI found this software very helpful in keeping up the events at the Phi Theta Kapp National Convention. There were thousands of people and so many events it was overwhelming at times. I liked how the software helps you meet others at the convention, displays photos of events and there is ecen a messaging feature.
ConsThe only drawback I had using this software was trying to find an log onto the PTK Convention in the first place. It has been a year so maybe that issue was fixed. You had to wait and get a code to join the Convention, maybe PTK could have sent the code with the confirmation emails or something.
December 18, 2018
Amy G.
Assistant Professor
Higher Education, 1-10 employees
March 5, 2019

“Updatable & Environmentally Friendly”

ProsI like being able to post updates to the conference program during the conference itself. Using Whova means we don't have to produce printed copies of the program. Whova also allows users to engage with each other - posting messages, planning get-togethers, posting photos, etc. I heard that it will allow registration/check-in to be managed with Whova now, but I couldn't find that feature. I would be thrilled if it will handle registration/check-in.
ConsIt seems the price increased this year. But if we can use it for registration/check-in it would be well worth it.
A. J. G.
Assistant Professor
October 9, 2019

“Great for Event Management”

OverallI use Whova for conference management. It has far exceeded my expectations.
ProsThanks to this software we no longer need paper programs at the conference I help organize. We can also make last minute updates as needed, and the software also allows attendees to plan their schedules, network, and create social gatherings.
ConsNo complaints. It does have many features I don't need, but they don't get in my way. Someday I might decide to try more features.
October 9, 2019
Katherine C.
Research Analyst
Higher Education, 11-50 employees
January 4, 2019

“Why I pass on Whova despite the great functionality”

OverallMy main issue with Whova has nothing to do with the functionality, and everything to do with the customer service. As part of a conference planning team, we used Whova, and without any prior notification, they published our app and sent an email to all of course conference attendees to join. (Thankfully, we were as our final stages of testing, so it was fine.) However, in addition to the lack of communication, when we brought this up, we asked to disable all future email communication (as our conference team had our own communication schedule) and provide a list of communication so that, at the very least, we would know what is moving forward, They apologized, offered to disable functions, and yes, two hours later, Whova's team had sent another email, spamming our participants to create their profiles. If you are looking for conference platforms, do NOT use this one. I'd suggest using Guidebook or other avenues. The hassle of going back and forth, only to be blindsided again, by the very same problem, is frustrating, unprofessional, and poor customer service,
ProsThe functionality of uploading the event was easy to use, and from the user side, the app was easy to navigate to move between the schedule, information about specific programs, and more details about speakers.
ConsThe app came with built-in conversation starters that, as conference organizers, we had to delete. Other than that, the software was good.
January 4, 2019
Mark S.
Discovery Officer
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
February 27, 2019

“Great experience using Whova”

OverallWhova made the conference manageable, allowing participates to keep track of workshops they desired to attend.
ProsWhova is a great tool that kept me up to date with many workshops I selected to attend. In addition, it provided overall information that was pertinent to the conference: Speaker Bios Connecting participants to form ride sharing groups to and from the airport Advertising events affiliated with the conference and outside the conference Providing many with a platform to network with each other. Providing feedback regarding contest (Bingo) I am a Whova fan!!! Mark S.
ConsI liked every aspect of this software. I would not mind using it again.
Richard C.
March 30, 2017

“The best event app I ever used”

OverallI was one of event organizers of PKU Annual Fall Picnic 2016 in San Diego. We used Whova app to set up tickets, publish agenda, logistics, car pool, location change announcement, attendee networking, and so on. It was a great experience and the event was a great success. It's super easy to use Whova to manage events from very beginning to end: it saved us a lot of time as organizer, the experience was super smooth and we really love it! It's also very positive for our event attendees. They bought tickets on Whova, and then download Whova app to get all the event information. Besides that, they can find out who will be attending the event in advance and connect each other before the event. It's really handy for them and also saves our time as we can publish information to them easily. Whova support team is awesome! We are amazed by their prompt response and detailed explanation. Great job! Overall, it's a must for event organizers and we highly recommend Whova for event organizers.

By Whova on March 30, 2017
Thanks for even providing us referrals. We look forward to working with you again for your next event!
March 30, 2017
Glen S.
Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees

“Whova app experience”

OverallWe have been Whova for several years and it has been a positive experience for our company. It is part of the package and helps us to maintain a professional profile.
ProsAbility to keep our delegates informed of event schedule, location, venues and networking.
Conssome people who are not so tech savvy require assistance to get setup and comfortable using, but, that applies to other technology as well not just Whova.
Tammy B.
Vice President of Business Development
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

“Fun, Interactive App”

Overall It has been a great tool to use for events. People seem to be more engaged and interactive than other apps I have used. The points and leaderboard need to be reconsidered as people really take it to the extreme of competitiveness.
Pros Introductions to other people who are attending the event and sharing knowledge of event specific information.
Cons I don't necessarily like the leader board. Some people take it to the ultimate extreme and make it unpleasant to use the app because they have to win a virtual trophy at all costs. It really takes the fun out of using the app.
Sunghwan C.
April 5, 2017

“Whova is an application like a living creature!”

OverallMy non-profit organization, TeK One used Whova as registration, event organization, logistics tool for the annual Tek One Entrepreneurship Forum held in 2014 - 2016. Thanks to Whova, our events were able to proceed smoothly with minimum personnel and efforts. Participants and speakers were also impressed by Whova, so that some of them actually used Whova for their own events. Whova is an application like a living creature, it seems to evolve year after year, if not day by day. Based on feedback from customers, Whova will always strive to add new features with improved user convenience to better serve you and your organization's important events. I strongly recommend Whova to any organizations and individuals hosting important events. Whova, Thank you!
ProsEasy to use and Import participants' Linkedin profile
ConsTo some organization, it might be pricey?
Recommendations to other buyersKeep up the momentum.

By Whova on April 5, 2017
Thank you so much! We try to meet every customer's expectation and it has helped us continue improving. We look forward to working with Tek One again this year with better products and services!
April 5, 2017
Construction, 11-50 employees
October 30, 2018

“Great Program/App for Marketing at Conferences”

ProsYou can easily find the conference your company is participating in. By having the app on your phone, you can review the agenda, see the attendee list, which is great for targeting specific leads, and engage in messaging with other conference attendees. Overall, it's a great tool for networking at conferences.
ConsFor some events, lead generation is limited if you are an exhibitor or sponsor. In other words, you can't access delegate information so it limits targeting to some degree.
October 30, 2018
Aaron K.
Principal
Real Estate, Self-employed

“Ultimate networking app”

Prosfantastic networking app for your event. Super easy to message and exchage contact information with attendees very intuitive interface and fast/easy to navigate integrates agenda of meeting into my iphone calendar seemlessly. Brilliant.
Consnone. this app is amazing. I have no negative comments
Terry A.
ELA Consultant
Education Management, 501-1000 employees

“Whove it up!”

OverallVery positive. It was easy to check the agenda and track the new announcements and community messages. It's user friendly and the clean layout makes it easy to find the info you need.
ProsAll the info you need for the event concentrated in one place.
ConsI tried to delete my business card (from a previous job) but couldn't figure it out.
Dagmar H.
Hub manager
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

“Connection”

OverallWhova supported me to get connected to other organisations in the sector
ProsThe application enabled me to quickly connect to other participants of the event. It created a sense of community
ConsMaybe the provider could reflect on how to further encourage people to react on messages or become concrete on setting a meeting at a particular location at the event.
Elizabeth S.
Electronic Documentation Administrator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1001-5000 employees
January 8, 2019

“Whova for conferences”

OverallMy overall experience was good, it was nice to communicate and ask questions when needed.
ProsI like that you can get updates regarding the sessions during the conference and also communicate with other conference attendees.
ConsIt is difficult to find the settings to receive notifications on the app.
January 8, 2019
Jennifer M.
course coordinator, MSW
Higher Education, 5001-10,000 employees
March 5, 2019

“Used well this is a great information and connection platform”

OverallHave attended 2 conferences that used Whova and have been really impressed with its functionality.
ProsInstant contact with others to allow discussions about shared transport, etc with people you may not otherwise know or contact
ConsI think the ability for anyone to begin a discussion thread means the app becomes unwieldy as you try to sort through many threads, some of which sound as though they cover the same topics
Donna A.
Business Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
March 4, 2019

“Great platform for an Event”

OverallI used for other events I have attending. Great app!
ProsPro is everything about the event is in one place on your phone. You do not have to carry and/or keep up with paper agendas or looking for emails.
ConsThere is really nothing that I disliked about the app.
March 4, 2019
Greg F.
911 Director
Public Safety, 201-500 employees
September 12, 2018

“Wow! This is great stuff”

Overall It worked outstanding and without a single issue for conference communications
ProsI just returned from attending a conference where the Whova app was used to for conference communications, agenda, attendees messaging, etc. It worked outstanding and without a single issue.
ConsIt took a little playing around with the app to learn how to use it.
September 12, 2018
Dustin H.
C.F.O.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
February 27, 2019

“First time user of Whova.”

ProsVery intuitive user experience. A lot of features to enable event participants to get the most out of the event. Being able to search participants, interact for networking and exchanging contact information is a fantastic feature.
ConsNothing comes to mind in terms of Cons with regards to this app.
Glauce B.
O2C Global Process Architect
Automotive, 10,001+ employees
February 26, 2019

“Whova made my life easier”

OverallSimply amazing! Thank you for existing :)
ProsIntegration - you can organize your agenda, meet people, have discussion, receive notifications... I liked everything! It made my life so easier during such a big event. Without it I would probably have missed many ooportunities of networking, scheduling meetings with peers and going on time to the conferences I chose upfront.
ConsMaybe I didn´t look for support, but I could never find how to refer to a persona using "@". It never worked for me.
Becky H.
External Affairs Director, Computer Science and Engineering Dept.
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
February 26, 2019

“This is THE App for Events and Conferences”

OverallThis application is genius and its features are outstanding!
ProsEasy to set up and use. Great features like personalized agendas, message sharing, job posting, event and speaker descriptions, and access to presentations that are posted to the community after the event.
ConsI didn't need reminders about job postings through the application. There needs to be an opt out option for these reminders.
Nyla C.
Conference Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
December 31, 2018

“Great product but more expensive that others”

ProsWhova has everything you need for event management. It's easy to understand for attendees and organizers. I love how easy the communication aspect is.
ConsIt's more expensive that other products on the market but it does offer almost every feature you could hope for. If it's in your budget you should absolutely go for it.
December 31, 2018
Kelly S.
Senior Development Director
February 26, 2019

“CASE 7 Conference in California”

ProsEasy to use - gave me a 10-minute notice when my chosen presentation was going to start. I did not use the paper booklet provided by CASE just Whova to schedule my day. I think CASE could just use Whova and save money on printing.
ConsNo complaints - I did not find anything I felt was lacking. I did not use it to its fullest potential
May K.
Business Development Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
November 22, 2018

“Arab Affiliate Summit 2018, with Whova we rocked ”

ProsThe app was very user friendly, very encouraging for people to use, we loved the community part, it actually gave our audience a space to cover over all experience, to engage more, even to create new topics to talk about, the app helped us enrich and serve our community, each other part was quite amazing. Whova team was very supportive from day 1 till fishing of our event
ConsI loved over all experience , nothing to talk about in this part.
November 22, 2018
Valamere M.
Online Instructor
E-Learning, 5001-10,000 employees
August 31, 2019

“Whova, easy to use event scheduling tool! ”

OverallOverall, my experience with Whova was great! I liked the ability to connect with attendees via the app. Also, I really enjoyed the notification updates received whenever there was any changes at the event.
ProsI like that Whova easily syncs with LinkedIn. This made connecting to attendees and speakers so much easier. For this reason, you can see a link to their LinkedIn profile, if they synced it to the app. I love this because you do not have to hassle with getting a business card, but just click their name and LinkedIn profile through Whova!
ConsUnfortunately, the app does not retain the discussions, comments, notes or valuable information about event presentations / sessions. Therefore, you would have to immediately copy over anything you want to keep to a different application before the event ends. After the event ends the app dumps the information.
August 31, 2019
Tracie S.
Admin Assistant
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
August 22, 2019

“Great for Conferences”

OverallI liked that I didn't have to always carry the paper copy of the agenda and all paperwork. It was all in the app at all times.
ProsI use this app with my conferences I attend. It's fairly easy to use, and I can access all the items I need including maps, documents, contact other members, etc.
ConsThe first time I used this app I got super confused as there is a lot to take in, it's a very complex app, but once you get used to it, it's super great.
August 22, 2019
Tam N.
Food Production, 51-200 employees

“Like”

OverallGreat
ProsEasy feature connecting updated informed
Consnothing. I am sure most people love it hope we can maintain connected
Denise W.
Admin Asst.
Education Management, 51-200 employees
March 5, 2019

“Whova made the conference easy!”

OverallI used Whova strictly for a conference I was attending.
ProsI could create my own track, then it was really easy to check my own schedule.
ConsI don't have anything that is on my least like list. I don't have enough experience to make a judgement.
Leslie M.
Program Coordinator
Mental Health Care, 10,001+ employees

“Whova review”

OverallWas very informative & kept me on track with the conference! Great networking tool!
ProsThe ease & convenience of the application.
Conscan't think of anything right off-hand..
Theo V.
Credit manager EMEA
Sporting Goods, 10,001+ employees

“Extremely handy app”

ProsTotal overview and reminders. Good for making appointments and own appointments. Meeting other people.
ConsIn the overview i missed necessary info on the contents of the events. Only the title and the venue was mentioned.
Michael C.
Partner
Financial Services, 1-10 employees

“Whova review”

Overallmuch better than other apps I have used.
Proseasy to use. Only request is that there be some function which allows group messaging. If there is one, I don't know how to use it.
ConsThe community function is great but definitely a bit overwhelming with the amount of data. I currently have 4791 community messages.
Brian K.
Digital Marketing Manager
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
September 17, 2019

“Great Event Software - Intuitive ”

OverallEvent management for annual and other user conferences.
ProsIntuitive, great mobile app features and support. Easily embeds into web pages and elements. Great scalability.
ConsNo major cons come to mind. Reliable, easy to use, with a small learning curve. Does what it claims, no strings.
September 17, 2019
Archan B.
Director Sales
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
March 6, 2019

“ease to engage with other attendees”

OverallIt was good and better than most apps i've used for events
Prosmost other attendees are strangers until someone breaks the ice. Also helps you gauge the audience and contact directly anyone of interest. The direct messages feature was helpful and easily arranged a few conversations and mini-meetings at the event. The agenda view and selecting the sessions of interest is good too. The write up on the sessions again is helpful in getting context on topics before they begin.
Constoo much info asked on profile page - like education and work experience - feels invasive to personal data - a simple linkedin connection would be enough for attendees to go see whats the person's profile. Did not experience any polling feature or anything like that - maybe helpful for some presentations
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
March 5, 2019

“Whova definitely improve my conference experience”

ProsConvenience; user friendly; Stable; Efficient
ConsI hope Whova could improve the messaging feature because I cannot choose multiple pictures and send them all to my colleagues at one time. I have to send those pictures one by one, which took much longer.
Computer Networking, 501-1000 employees

“Awesome app”

OverallIt was great tool to use to keep informed while I was attending SIGSCE
ProsEase of use, I enjoyed the capabilities of using this app while attending SIGSCE conference.
ConsThere were not any features I did not use on this app
Jael W.
Digital Development Representative | Watson
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
March 5, 2019

“Great for Conferencde Attendees!”

OverallThis is a great software for local conference organizers to use.
ProsI love the social and organizational aspects of this software - I was able to see ahead of time which panels I wanted to attend and who I wanted to meet. The message boards are also useful even after the event. I will be keeping this app on my phone even though the event is over in hopes other events will be using it.
ConsI received a notification that 6 people had viewed my profile, but I was unable to figure out how to see who they were (on Android).
Gopalakrishnan P.
Information Services, 10,001+ employees

“A pleasant surprise”

OverallHelps you come right to the point for pre-set meetings; reduces hassles of checking logistics, schedule etc.
ProsPlatform to get introduced to delegates, setup meetings, identify like minded individuals, share articles, agree on ride sharing, facilitated networking - the whole concept was seamless and refreshing. I no longer had to do 'cold handshakes'....with profile photos and background read of other delegates - the meetings were far more 'to the point & constructive'
ConsNone that I can think of. This is an application that can be used for any event of any scale
Jenna G.
Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
Higher Education, 201-500 employees

“Great Conference Tool”

OverallMy experience was great. I will keep the app on my phone and plan to use at this same conference in the future. I encourage anyone planning/organizing a large scale event to consider offering this to your attendees. It's a great tool and amazing way for users to be better connected.
ProsIt was so nice to review conference sessions, descriptions, locations, etc before coming to the hotel. I loved being able to see who else was registered for the event and the opportunity to connect ahead of time. The community thread was a great way to get information and plan meet-ups. Having this app took so much stress away from the uncertainty of a large conference.
ConsI feel there was quite a bit of redundancy in the app alerts and email alerts- I probably could have turned the emails off, but I didn't look into it further.
James R.
Principal
Real Estate, 1-10 employees

“Almost a 10”

ProsGreat way to communicate as a group around certain questions and topics as part of the conference.
ConsHard to access the messages or the contacts that reach out to you to exchange contact info. Email reminders do not have a link to the actual message in the app.
Angela W.
VP, Finance, HR and Events
June 25, 2018

“Decent meeting app”

ProsI like the evaluation feature on the app. It allows you to give specific feedback to each presenter.
ConsThe build tool is very wonky, it is hard to build the schedule etc. without a lot of hours and patience.
June 25, 2018
Cecil F.
Sole proprietor
December 8, 2017

“Missed out by not being able to load Whova during a conference”

OverallNone yet: As a new user I was not able to load and use it during the conference. Being able to access materials posted during a conference since some materials were available only on Whova and the conference organizers assumed that everyone has the app or can quickly get it and log on. I suspect I would like the software much more if I had been able to get it before the conference was over. Please post the instructions suggested below on the Whova web site.
ConsWhova web site is opaque to new users. I spent an hour at conference trying to download the Whova app but failed and gave up. An hour is a long time to waste among the bustle of a very active conference. Whova needs a USERS PAGE on its web site with very specific baby talk instructions, starting from scratch with "do you have an iPhone or Android?" and assuming that the user is naïve about how to find an app, explain that you can't do it from your laptop. Whoever writes this simple page for Whova needs to understand that some people have never downloaded an app, so start from that premise and list the steps with no word omitted up to the point where the user has Whova up and running and knows how to find their conference. "Download the app" is of no use; neither is "ask a friend" The web site is all about corporate sales. The user quickly gets that he or she is of no importance.
December 8, 2017
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
July 30, 2019

“Handy Scheduling Tool”

ProsComplex tool at first but once you get the hang of it very easy to link multiple spreadsheets in to a schedule.
ConsIt would be nice if you can add items to a schedule without having to override the entire schedule.
July 30, 2019
Janice M.
Founder/ counsellor
Non-Profit Organization Management, Self-employed
March 6, 2019

“Very handy platform for networking”

OverallHandy app to record the scheduled events, easy to communicate with anyone attending the same event, and easy to exchange contact information with each other.
ProsConnecting people profiles with social media accounts is a wonderful feature. You could pave way to connect with whoever you feel interested in their works or vice versa before the conference begins.
ConsSometimes you may feel a little bit overwhelmed when everyone in the same event starts opening a lot of chat rooms. It take time to catch up with all the unread news after a long day of conference.
Education Management, 10,001+ employees

“Whova_Review”

ProsI really liked being able to communicate with the other participants of SIGCSE.
ConsThe challenge is that we have a great conference but then after the conference there is very little communication because people log our or remove the app.
Steven I.
Assistant Event & Teams Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
March 5, 2019

“Whova - for Whoever your event attendee is!”

OverallWhova made my conference experience far more engaging and successful. I came away with new networking contacts, great ideas - and I was competitive about getting on the Leaderboard!
ProsI loved how easy it was to connect with other conference attendees - it's like a virtual happy hour! It also allowed me to take notes on my mobile phone - and they are saved conveniently in each session I attended. Lastly, Whova helped me explore the city we were in and connect with others of similar interest.
ConsIf I had to give a con - which you are forcing me to do, it would be that there can be an abundance of information. There also were a lot of people posting extraneous, or irrelevant posts, just to try and get on the Leaderboard - so there was some junk to wade through.
Packaging and Containers, 11-50 employees

“Information ”

ProsEasel to ues Enough information No more money
ConsBecause it help me connect with all of members in our conference
Nazlee S.
Graduate Submissions Writer
Mining & Metals, 10,001+ employees

“All in one place”

OverallWhova made it easier for me to know what the agenda was, the names and faces of other attendees and also is a useful source of stored information that I can go back to at any time.
ProsI love the fact that everything is in the one app which makes navigating through a large-scale event easier.
ConsThere is nothing that comes to mind at present.
Alexander A.
Regional manager
Construction, 51-200 employees

“Whova_Review”

Overallgreat
Prosknows what is going on, keeps you updated
Conscan not think of anything, it is a good attempt to make conferences more user friendly
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
March 5, 2019

“Excellent Conference Communications Tool”

OverallThis is the second year I have had the opportunity to use Whova at conferences and I find it makes for a better conference experience.
ProsMultiple Pre and during conference communications features
Consno ability to scan badges of new contacts