BlueCart Ratings

Overall

About BlueCart

BlueCart streamlines and modernizes the entire procurement process from end to end reducing errors while improving the bottom line for restaurants and suppliers. Chefs use BlueCart to manage their whole back of house from one web and mobile platform with features like ordering, inventory management, budgeting and order checkin. Suppliers use BlueCart to automatically organize their incoming orders, manage their customers and organize their deliveries. Learn more about BlueCart

Amanda B.
Sales Manager & Assistant Ops manager
Food Production, 11-50 employees
September 14, 2017

“Customer service is very good. ”

OverallBenefits: a user friendly platform that all of our admin and fulfillment team can access. Customers get a reminder email when their order gets placed, which drives down phone calls.
ProsCustomers are able to place their orders directly through the app which has driven down phone calls. We are able to archive orders in a digital platform that is accessible to our admin team.
ConsI don't really have any complaints about the actual ordering process. We are however anxiously waiting for Blue Cart to be compatible with QuickBooks (desktop version) At the moment we are actually adding more time to our accountant team, who has to manually enter orders.

By BlueCart on April 17, 2018
Thank you for the review and feedback. We recently made improvements to our accounting export functionality so that you can utilize accounting software import/export tools.
Kimberly W.
Marketing Director and Catering Sales
Restaurants, 51-200 employees
December 5, 2017

“BlueCart has transformed the order process for my managers! I highly recommend it!”

ProsThe software is incredibly straightforward and easy to use. It is very beneficial to have all of our various suppliers on one single platform making the order process efficient and expeditious. The cost effectiveness and labor-savings have been substantial; totally worth the investment!
ConsI wish every supplier that we ordered through was on the platform so we could continue to streamline our order process and benefit from the savings.

By BlueCart on April 27, 2018
Thanks for the review and we're glad to have you as a customer! We're trying our best to spread the word and get suppliers on BlueCart as quickly as possible.
December 5, 2017
Lloyd O.
Co-Owner
Food Production, 1-10 employees
November 19, 2017

“Bluecart is essential for the continued growth of our banana pudding wholesale business. ”

OverallMy productivity has increased dramatically thanks to Blue. On the processing side, I'm able to place or take orders on a weekly basis and edit them if needed. Any communication that needs to happen between my partner and myself can be done in each order so we have reference points. Analytics are vital for any business to effectively measure their performance and grow. Thanks to Bluecart I can see which partner performs well month-to-month, and I can find any areas for improvement to increase our sales with each partner. The real time updates from "Processing" to "In-Transit" to "Fulfilled" allows my team to be on the same page as our partners. The fact we can use it on our mobile devices or our laptop makes Bluecart the best app on the market.
ProsThe analytics and the easy-to-use aspects of the software are what I like most. I'm able to track my orders in real time, view how each partner performs and compare them month-to-month, and communicate with my wholesale partners effectively and efficiently.
ConsOnly thing I could complain about is that I get logged out randomly from time to time. I'm sure it's a minor bug they'll fix soon, but if this is the only complaint I have it shows how useful the app is.
November 19, 2017
Margaret A.
Food Production, Self-employed
September 14, 2017

“ A game changer for us! Customers order more now bc they see our entire list of products. ”

OverallIt was easy to implement, user friendly on a daily basis, the customer support team is very helpful and listens to us, and it's a needed tool in our toolbox.
ProsThe ease of use. It's how we manage orders through the production process. We use it every day. Also love how the customer can track where we are in the fulfillment process as they receive email updates when we update the status.
ConsSome things we can't change ourselves. That said, customer service is very quick to help us make the change so it's really not a big deal. Just a little inconvenient. Overall, we love this product and tell everyone about it.

By BlueCart on April 18, 2018
Thank you for the review and we're thrilled that you think BlueCart is a game changer for your business!
Katrin M.
Director of Purchasing
November 2, 2017

“Love been efficient and having Chef's easy access to ordering without the hassle of voicemails”

ProsAPP availability, 24/7 access , reminder on cut off's, everyone in the know and on email confirmations, well trained and responsive customer support
Consconstant market list updates, never ending follow about correct pricing with our vendors, which it would integrate with ADACO and FINTECH
November 2, 2017
Dennis S.
VP of Sales
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
October 13, 2017

“BlueCart has been easy to deploy to my ABCO's customers helping us to increase sales.”

OverallBlueCart has allowed ABCO to deploy an online ordering system which allows us to compete with much larger companies then we are with little effort.
ProsBlueCart has clearly been developed with the full understanding of the need to simplify the customer-vendor interface blending the needs of each seamlessly.
ConsThe ability load large amount s of data correctly is a time consuming process that often duplicates data records.
October 13, 2017
Sully C.
Director of Biz Dev
Farming, 51-200 employees
September 19, 2017

“We have loved working with Bluecart! Everyone is so helpful and we love the service.”

OverallOur process is much better and has fewer room for mistakes.
ProsWe love how it has streamlined the sales orders. We use to get orders from a number of different sources and this has really changed things. We also love how much the staff has worked with us to implement things we needed on our end.
ConsLack of client tracking in the CRM features. Needs more things like salesforce for tracking leads and sending emails, etc
September 19, 2017
sandra a.
January 9, 2018

“Blue cart has made things easier in the kitchen but it has ways to go before it solves all problems”

ProsOrder sheets are great to get a kitchen organized, ordering is easy and we all have the information available at all times.
ConsUpdates on prices don't reflect on inventory sheets and this creates more work at the end of the month. THe system is often slow on responding and placing orders can take more time than needed. Our account support didn't seem as personable and lacked ability to help us navigate the system more efficiently. a lot of learning happened by us trying to figure it out.
January 9, 2018
Avi K.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
October 17, 2017

“Fantastic service, extremely helpful ”

OverallUnderstanding food costs and the ability to realize our budget.
ProsVery user friendly and easy to create edits when necessary, helped us as a new business get a grasp of our food costs and ordering system across multiple stores.
ConsI don't like that there are two separate apps for sales rep and order placing. This part becomes confusing to implement with entry level employees

By BlueCart on April 19, 2018
Thanks for the review! We're are happy to hear that BlueCart helped you when you launched your business.
October 17, 2017
Steve G.
Sales
November 15, 2017

“Best system for order taking”

ProsOrdering Ease and elimination of mistakes. Chefs love it. Love the phone app. Customer service is the best

By BlueCart on April 17, 2018
We are happy that both you and your clients love our app. Our Customer Success team appreciates the compliment and enjoys working with you and your team!
November 15, 2017
Dylan M.
Director of Accounts
September 22, 2017

“BlueCart has done well for keeping all our ordering info in one place so all team members can see.”

OverallInner-company communication on coffee orders.
ProsCommunication works well within our company to make sure everyone is on the same page. Information automatically updates, so I don't miss new orders. The app helps while I'm in the field.
ConsThere are some simple usability issues that I was told was because I'm on a PC vs a Mac. The app is good for basic information, but detailed info and functionality isn't there yet. Not being able to mark items as "staged" or partially complete also seems like a basic function that's not available. When reviewing individual orders it comes up as a PDF instead of items you can check off individually. I'm really hoping that the options to customize reports and how you use the online app come together soon.
Ben S.
Franchisee
November 28, 2017

“BlueCart is incredibly easy and intuitive. ”

ProsI like that BlueCart is fixing a big problem that I face as an owner of multiple franchises. The ordering process is frustrating, but BlueCart is doing a lot to streamline the process.
ConsI wish it integrated with my back office software. I use Macromatix. It would be great if I could sync it with the orders I place and our inventory.
November 28, 2017
Ruben T.
Executive Pastry Chef
Food Production, 501-1000 employees
September 18, 2017

“Commissary Kitchen Executive Chef”

Prosall outlets can order from one place with multiple catalogs. Easy to use and understand. comment section is a good tool to communicate.
ConsHas a few glitches that slow us down. Some computers are unable to use the number pad at times. imited interface with POS systems.
Brandon W.
Sales Rep
September 14, 2017

“Great analytics & ordering tool”

ProsI really like: 1. Ease of use 2. Notifications 3. Ease in setting up new customers 4. Reporting features I use BlueCart everyday. It makes me a better customer service sales rep to my customers.
ConsI think improvements can be made under client setup. I work with companies that have more than one location. It would be nice to set up different ship to addresses under one client account. It would also be nice if BlueCart could be integrated into Quickbooks and UPS.

By BlueCart on April 23, 2018
Thanks for the review! We're glad we've made it easier to manage your day to day and provide better service to your customers.
Philip R.
Purchasing Manager
September 14, 2017

“User friendly software with a lot of glitchiness”

ProsI like that it can be used from a cell phone and is very user friendly. It seems very adaptable to the supplier to change things they want changed. Very good customer support from Montana, Dave Lee and the others.
ConsThere were a lot of glitches when we first started using it (i.e. invoices printing blank, dollar amounts printing where the quantity amount should be, printed delivery dates were different than date on actual order, HTML code printing on the invoices) We still cannot use the numerical pad to enter amounts on orders.

By BlueCart on May 9, 2018
Thanks for the review. Our Customer Success team was thrilled to know you appreciate their hard work. Our product team has fixed the problems you mentioned and is continually improving the functionality and user experience in BlueCart, we hope you like what we've done.
Mario A.
Chef
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
September 14, 2017

“It's comprehensive and relatively easy”

OverallEasy to keep track of hour budget
ProsEverything is in one place Can start my cart in my phone and finish it in the computer Easy interface in the computer
ConsThe phone app is not that great, I could be great if one could add products via mobile as well. The app sometimes while it updates it constantly takes me out of the cart, sometimes it evens send me to review a cart that was not started by me. Some orders either don't get send or don't get process we had a few of them missing. It's rare but it happened.
Nick M.
GM/ Wine buyer
Restaurants, 51-200 employees
October 31, 2017

“I have the basic version for the wine ordering at the restaurant and really happy with the platform”

Overallgreat record keeping easy ordering interface on smart phone Good price for basic set up
ProsPrecise record keeping of all orders. Ordering is simple; select from products you carry from each supplier. Order from app on smart phone or i-pad and e-mail goes directly to purveyor. Excellent customer service!
ConsCan take some time to input products onto sheets but representative happy to assist. Purveyors need to have an e-mail address to receive order
October 31, 2017
Devon Y.
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
September 14, 2017

“When we were recruited to try the product we were promised functionality that didn't yet exist.”

OverallThus far none. It was suppose to save time in our invoicing process but was unable to help us with that since it lacked the capabilities to do what we needed to when we signed on although we were promised that it did exist. I would say we would have asked for our money back a while ago if she hadn't worked so hard to push the engineers to come through on the design capabilities.
ProsWell, at this point there are no pros since we have not been able to utilize the program because the functionality we need did not exist. The only pro really is how hard she has worked to get us the product that we were promised.
ConsThere are a lot of really basic things that did not exist until they were designed for us. Just this week have I started to see the functions being implemented so that we can use the product. There are simple things that were completely illogical that have been changed on our suggestions. I would say the biggest con has been paying for the product for over 2 months and not being able to use it.
Steve H.
Co-Founder
Food Production, 1-10 employees
September 14, 2017

“So far the system has been working pretty well for both us and our customers.”

ProsThe ability to track order history and mobile functionality are definitely our two favorite features.
ConsBlueCart sales reps have been aggressively reaching out to our customers to sell them on the service, which has in turn led to some frustration. We don't want to be associated with this type of aggressive sales push and this has been a major consideration for us moving forward.
Amber M.
Store Lead
September 14, 2017

“I enjoy using blue cart... It has been easy to use from day 1”

OverallBeing able to learn the different products the the company carries im such an organized.. Even break down the amount ordered as well as being able to leave specific notes when ordering each item
ProsEasy to search product and make communication easy to make orders.. Easy to find the product when searching

By BlueCart on April 23, 2018
Thanks for the review! We're happy you found BlueCart easy to use and that you're using our order notes functionality.
Jessica W.
Director of Operations
April 4, 2018

“Makes ordering so much easier!”

ProsLove the Favorites option so I can see what I usually order. Love that I can log in whenever and from wherever to order. Like that it shows past purchases and the graph of money spent.
ConsWish I could add or remove items on my own (but that's more of a function of the vendor). Wish there were photos of the items and that you could organize it by category (instead of alphabetical)

By BlueCart on April 13, 2018
Jessica, thank you for being a valued BlueCart user and for providing feedback so we can improve.
April 4, 2018
Karin r.
September 18, 2017

“Easy to use and affordable”

ProsVery easy to use and set up clients. Has help customers be more aware of all our items and pricing. Overall great experience.
Sydney B.
Digital media/operations
September 14, 2017

“Love the app for when I am out delivering ”

ProsMy favorite thing is the ability to separate in-transit, pending, and fulfilled (especially from the mobile app). This makes it so much easier to separate clients orders
ConsWhat I like least would be the setup process. It was very difficult for me to get set up under our business profile.

By BlueCart on April 17, 2018
Thank you for the review and I'm glad that we've been able to help you manage your orders using our mobile app! Our development team is making some improvements so account setup is easier and faster.
Stephanie P.
Business Development
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
September 14, 2017

“Software has helped us streamline some orders to be online.”

ProsWhat I like most is the online catalog where customers can view our products as well as our pricing.
ConsA lot of lags/glitches with the software; I will log on and the website won't have any of my contacts listed for a couple seconds; or I place an order and the website freezes or lags. Also, it ins't possible for an admin to edit account info (such as add client addresses) this is extremely inefficient.
Clarissa G.
Administrative Assistant.
Accounting, 1-10 employees
September 22, 2017

“So far I have had a great experience! It is a great tool for our customers ”

OverallLess Busy work! It helps me get things done faster instead of having to put from system to system.
ProsHow it goes integrate to quickbooks. It is nice that it can just import right in and then from QB it goes right to ShipRush.

By BlueCart on April 24, 2018
Thanks for the great review! We love seeing how we fit in to your workflow of getting an order in to getting it shipped.
Ellie B.
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
February 19, 2019

“Easy to order ”

OverallI have enjoyed using this product. Clean interface, easy to use!
ProsI love how I can make "favorites" so that the things I order often are in one place- makes it super quick to place our order!
ConsI wish I could add new vendors based off my needs!
February 19, 2019