Project Planning Pro Ratings

Overall

About Project Planning Pro

Task and resource management software for project planners and managers. Create and Manage tasks on the go and assign tasks to your colleagues. Import Microsoft Project files and use Interactive Gantt Charts to illustrate your tasks. You can allocate resources and add Milestones on completion. Critical Path view to set priority to tasks. Learn more about Project Planning Pro

Thomas S.
Producer
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
March 27, 2017

“Project Planning Pro in Film Production”

OverallI encountered PPP while doing project management for the one of the many government agencies. I was looking for alternatives to MS Project. Since I stared using it I have since expanded my usage to my blossoming second career in film production. One could use MS Project as well, but I have found the PPP just flowed more seamlessly. We track tasks and dependencies for Development through Post-Production without any issues.
ProsThe ease of use when I was doing PM work with the government caught my attention. That allowed me to port our previous project planning from spreadsheets to a robust project planning software.
ConsNone that readily come to mind.
Recommendations to other buyersI am an iPad and iPhone guy, so having apps on these platforms allows me to access the project plans on the go. In feature film process, you are often on the go.
Cristy L.
Staff Auditor
Retail, 10,001+ employees
February 12, 2019

“Project Planning Pro”

OverallOverall I love how this program helps me and my team to stay on track of projects. It has helped us in providing updates to leadership on the spot. Whenever we have been in a meeting and someone questions our timeline on the project we simply pop our Development Plan and guide them through our tasks. Very user friendly.
ProsI love the availability of not starting from scratch. I can upload my project time line from Dropbox, email and or GServer. I like knowing how many days I am spending on each project and the "duration" columns in Task Information that allows me to see the total days and be able to compare how long each projected project will take. I also LOVE the fact that I can add resources to each project as well.
ConsThe filled in timeline colors and arrows may seem overwhelming for a new time user but once you are comfortable with the program, you learn to love the arrows.
February 12, 2019
Gary L.
Site superintendent
May 10, 2018

“I have enjoyed using the program and it has facilitated getting info to all sub trades ”

ProsI like that you can see thru gnat file how it is all fitting together. The ability to add or delete atems as needed. I love that it auto changes everything when you change one date.
Cons I do not like that i cannot print directly form program itself I always have to send my self and email and that is frustrating. That is does not do an automaiic save is also frustrating
May 10, 2018
Graeme W.
Trainer (security equipment)
Education Management, 201-500 employees
May 18, 2017

“Great for planning on the move”

OverallManagement of existing projects in a mobile app.
ProsEasy to use, and has decent reporting. After trying most of the free and paid iOS iPad apps for project management, this is by far the easiest to use after coming from a Microsoft Project background. The charts and timelines update automatically and smoothly, but without using up all the iPad's memory (unlike Microsoft apps). The ability to import existing MSP files is crucial, and although there are some new MSP features that don't always import perfectly, this app is way ahead of the other project management iOS apps I've tried. Well worth learning to use, with plenty of features to fine tune my projects 'on the go'.
ConsDoesn't always handle all aspects of MSproject files when importing. However it does a much better job than other iOS apps.
May 18, 2017
Jeremy E.
Owner of Ellis Mobile Chiropractic
Construction, Unspecified
May 1, 2017

“This is a great little tool to use when you require a mobile solution.”

ProsIts Mobile. I can be out onsite with my iPad and be able to enter information as it happens. If a scheduling conflict arises I can update it quickly without forgetting.
ConsIt doesn't easily integrate as an overall desktop and mobile solution. Just for on the go needs. So if I want to work on the iPad the. Go back to working on my desktop it won't live sync.

By I2E Consulting on May 2, 2017
Hello Jeremy, Yes it was not possible to sync your projects in realtime until the latest version of Project Planning Pro was released. Now you can sync projects in realtime with iCloud. Hope this helps you organise your projects better and save time in making changes on your desktop version. Happy Planning!
Victor C.
Job captain
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 employees
April 27, 2017

“Good program to managing projects”

OverallI have using this program for 2 years now and is a wonderful tool. It have been improving the features that comes with it and also including some more. I fell confortable using it and also it provides good presentations
ProsEasy to use Good presentation maker Effective Fast
ConsIt has some restrictions to control the exporting or printing. When you export a project the resolution of the timeline is not so good.
STELLA A.
Admin/HR
Construction, 1-10 employees

“Project Made Easy”

OverallThe software is very good, as an event planner, and project supervisor in a construction company, project pro makes my job very easy and smooth. The dropbox Synchronization is very easy and working on the same project through iPhone and iPad at the same time and effect changes immediately. Easy to use both on iPad and iPhone iMessage also available I can arrange my task and To Do List easily and this makes my work easier. So many other features are available, which can easily be used and I can do my work without stress. I can work on the system, iPhone, and Ipad and my work are updated. I Love the App.
ProsI am the type of person that try any new software to see if it can benefit and make my work very easy. I found Project Planning to meet all my need and makes my work go very smooth.
ConsTo be more user-friendly so that anyone who wants to use the software can be able to interact with all the interface.
Recommendations to other buyersGood Job!
Charles I.
Administrator
Education Management, 11-50 employees
May 3, 2017

“It be very good, but sometimes the mails do not deliver. You can also improve the %completion. Menu”

OverallThe App as assisted me as a person to manager my organization project , We are now able to monitor the progress of all our project . Coordination of project and other programme are easily handled now. In one glance in can see the progress and status of my organization projects , I can also quickly assigned task .
Pros1 It easy to used, 2 Good interface , 3 can add tasks and sub task 4 The exports option is very Good 5
Cons1 some times sending e mail do not get delivered 2 The currency option should be enriched. E.g I am a Nigerian I would like to see Naira 3 The completion % need to be increased
May 3, 2017
hector guillermo m.
engineer
Airlines/Aviation, 1-10 employees

“Excellent app”

OverallExcellent app, very useful for an engineer. I can planning all of my work in a portable device and conectivity with desktop apps
Prosgood
Consnone
Joel B.
Owner/Lead Consultant
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
May 1, 2017

“I enjoy using this. It keeps my projects in order and on time.”

Overallfirst time user. I was able to get a project moving with my team that was stalled
ProsEase of use and the ability for me to share the project with my team. Has been easier than other products at my disposal
ConsI would like to see a cloud upload/download (maybe I missed this if it does in fact exists. Also a share version where others can make changes/additions and show the work added/lined out.
Jared S.
IT
Information Technology and Services, Unspecified

“Great Project Software”

OverallGreat software for helping me plan out projects at work. Allows for organization and monitoring of tasks that need to be completed in order for our projects to be done on time.
ProsHelps us be efficient in project planning and execution.
ConsNone!
Pritha P.
Quality Analyst
March 23, 2016

“Simple & Effective Alternative for MS Project on Mac”

OverallI tried many apps when i switched to Mac from Windows and this had most features which i used on MS Project. It is very easy to use and fulfils most of the features i used. Pros: Cheap Imports Ms Project files, also from dropbox and email Gantt Charts Milestones, Critical path Cons: UI could be better Cant change color of the tasks (which they said comes soon. *fingers crossed*) It lacks some features but the major ones i use are available so i was happy. I contacted support regarding importing a file and they responded quickly (one reason why i am writing this). Totally recommend it! :) P.S it's very cheap compared to other apps available in the market.
March 23, 2016
Hendry S.
Project manager
May 19, 2017

“ Great and easy tool to use. Helped me very much during my course ”

Pros It's very user-friendly tool. It was also easy accessible for me to train my team members. Everyone learned very quickly how to use the tools as well as to adapt and streamline processes
ConsCustomer support was a bit timely. If I needed customer support it took longer for me to get a hold of someone .
May 19, 2017
Jaime C.
Vice President Financial Planning
Financial Services, 11-50 employees

“Makes hard things easy”

OverallI need of a Gantt charter, I discover Project Planning Pro and decided to give it a try and I am still loving it. (I even want to have more projects!!) Simple and intuitive but very complete.
ProsSimplicity and intuitiveness
ConsNot much of a Training Manual
Recommendations to other buyersThe more you use it, the more you discover great tools available
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
December 23, 2018

“Good Project Planning Tool”

ProsGood interface in creating project plans and presenting them to leadership teams.
ConsIt would be good if the GANTT Chart and visuals offer more customization ie. different coloring. Otherwise, the software is good.
December 23, 2018
Marko M.
March 31, 2017

“One of the best planning apps I've ever used”

OverallI downloaded this app to test it (I've been using other software - omniplan 3 ) and I really loved it! It's way simpler than other apps such as omniplan and the ms project. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is that it does not works on windows and that can be an issue when your client does not have macs, so sharing the files to them is not easy... they have to see it in their iPhone/iPad... anyway, do not hesitate in download it and play with it... is simple, effective and above all, user friendly!
Jessie C.
Design, Unspecified

“Great program!! ”

OverallGreat value for the money. I enjoy this program it is very helpful for day-to-day activities. It helps our project stay organized so we are not missing details. I searched for a while for a program to help and I'm so glad that I found it.
ProsIt's easy to use
Eugeni J.
N/a
Banking, Self-employed
May 6, 2017

“I found it by searching under project management and it is available on iPhone and Mac.”

OverallNone yet but I did track purchasing a home with this.
ProsThe fact that it is visually effective and it is compatible with the iphone and mac is ideal. Ability to have multiple projects is good.
ConsIt could be made more user friendly and losing data is frustrating. I wish it had a backup system. I also wish it was more compatible with other apps including calendar.
May 6, 2017
Torie W.

“Great program!”

OverallEasy to use...the only problem I had was the fact I am not an avid user of project management software. I was familiar with Project Manager with Microsoft. This program closely simulates it. It is easier to use than the project manager templates offered on Word by Microsoft. I would have loved the opportunity to use it until project was completed. That was my only problem.
Dennis D.
CMA
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
April 28, 2017

“Vast potential, complicated user interface.”

OverallFinding the strengths and weaknesses of everybody in the company.
ProsThe specificity of defining constants and roles to each individual in an organizational project. As well as clocking in and out and being similar to a mindmap but it's for mapping out each individual's roles.
ConsIt takes time to learn and fully operate. It's expensive, and finally there aren't training videos on the application in its UI at least.
Gustavo F.
December 2, 2016

“Great product for my architectural practice”

OverallI have been using this software to program and keep track of design/build projects at my studio and I can comment that it has been a breeze to learn and adapt to it. I am not likely to go deep into tutorials and manuals and this software is so intuitive and adaptive that I have been able to incorporate it into daily use without any stress.
David A.
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
February 7, 2018

“Great for Scheduling and task ordering.”

OverallThis is a great app to help with Project Planning especially scheduling.
ProsThis app is great for scheduling. It has the finish-to-start (FS), start-to-start (SS), finish-to-finish (FF) and start-to-finish (SF) which is very useful. I also like the task ordering feature.
ConsThe app does not directly address risk management. This would be a helpful addition to the Project Management Software.
February 7, 2018
Teresa K.
Architectural Designer
Construction, Self-employed

“Great software”

OverallI used project planning pro to estmate project timelines. Toughest part was updating the program as the project progressed.
ProsBeing able to do a project timline to show the customer
ConsAs project progressed remembering to update as i completed tasks
Knut F.
Director of Operations
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees
March 31, 2017

“Inexpensive and does many things”

OverallSince switching to MAC i have missed my MSProject. This program does a lot of project functions at a fraction of the price. Wish the prints had more options. I have never had a need to contact product support.
ProsInexpensive
ConsLimited printing options
Teri H.
Staff Education Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
April 1, 2017

“Visual Guide”

OverallEasy to use. By assigning tasks and following-up on progress. The due dates and emails are all helpful.
ProsEast to use and keeps the team on tasks.
ConsInability to print out individual plans.
April 1, 2017
Shania R.

“Great information ”

Overall Are use project pro for my writing skills and loved it. It is great for my organization, it was very easy efficient and useful. As well as to use this application for my team members.
Jiy B.

“Would recommend!”

OverallI use this product allows quick project planning on the fly. I'm on the road 75% of the year and need a mobile solution when planning a project, Project Planning Pro let's me do this.
Tony J.
Construction, 1-10 employees
December 2, 2016

“Project Planning Pro for Mac”

OverallOverall the program is functional. There are some quirks with functionality that make using it frustrating at time. Great value for the money, though.
ProsPrice and Mac compatibility
ConsGot kicked out several times and lost my work
frank m.

“First approach”

OverallThis app es very easy to use, the management of my project is very easy and confortable. the type of file is another positive point the is very practical.
Building Materials, 51-200 employees
May 22, 2018

“AWESOME, easy to USE”

Overallcan controll the budget at anywhere
Prosnice UI, looks like nice and also very esay to make some budget planning so we can make sure what we done
Consput some currency like indonesia or (Rp.) and add more export facility like word and better with zip capability for email
May 22, 2018
Chicca P.

“Very interessant ”

OverallThe app is very friendly and usable in different contest: al the school for amministrative procedure and for Learning contrst
Mark L.

“A Standout product ”

OverallHelped me layout my project from beginning to end with ease. I was able to navigate the software without any difficulties.
Marisela A.
Store Owner
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

“Project Planning Pro”

OverallI love using the project Planning pro . It helped me in decision in how I will be moving things around at work and at home. And how to make space .
ProsI can organize things my way. And it helped me on my inventory floor set .
ConsThey should have more items to play with .
Recommendations to other buyersNo
Gustavo E.
March 31, 2017

“Great app everything go fine”

OverallI've used a few months ago and I'm 100% satisfied., the feature is easy to use and it's so simple do my projects with it
Jibri J.

“Great Software”

OverallLove this software. Very practical and easy to use. I use it for tracking and shedules. I prefer it as an alternative to MS Project.
James S.

“Review of your product”

OverallMy Mac based product keeps failing my expectations. I lose data constantly. It is a let down since I really think the iPad version is great and works without a problem. I was hoping the Mac version could have replaced my use of MS Project but it has not been the case.
ProsPrice seemed good.
ConsDoes not work. Lose data constantly. Subtasjs and relationships do not work.
Recommendations to other buyersFix it and have it be dependable like the iPad version
Mike M.
Senior project manager
Architecture & Planning, Unspecified

“Good Product”

OverallFor a small iOS app it works pretty good. I would prefer a bit more control over the depndancies and logic; however, for the price and ease of use, it can't be beat.
ProsPrice
ConsNot full control over logic like Microsoft project.
Recommendations to other buyersGreat buy
Melissa R.
December 20, 2016

“Great program”

OverallI like the program. I do have a problem with adding more tasks. It seems a little hard to add and move around.
December 20, 2016
Purna D.
March 21, 2016

“Easy to use”

OverallPPP is very simple and easy to plan and manage any kind of project. It helps to manage my complex projects at any time.
March 21, 2016
Ian C.
December 2, 2016

“My review of Project Planning Pro”

OverallI have enjoyed using this software and I'm still in the learning process but feel I'm well on the way.
Gautam R.
Managing Director
June 10, 2017

“Great product and very easy to use and self explanatory”

ProsPros are that no one needs to teach you how to work on this if you have handled timelines before then everything works automatically.
June 10, 2017
Stewart A.
December 14, 2016

“Initial Project Designs”

OverallI have used the product a few times to import MPP files and have created a few projects. The print feature needs improvement. I would like to see it generate files easily converted to MSProject.
December 14, 2016
Juan C.

“Project Planning Pro”

OverallThe tool is very useful for project management. Project Planning Pro is versatile and flexible for every day needs.
Ricky J.

“Project planning ”

OverallThe description is a little misleading and it's hard to navigate. Saving a project is somewhat confusing as well.
Nefi B.
Project manager
Banking, 1001-5000 employees

“Needs more features ”

OverallI like to have flexibility on several things and this program is not as flexible as others in the market
ProsThe is great for mobile
ConsConnection seems to be slow
MARK H.
Construction, 11-50 employees
November 29, 2018

“Could not open the program ”

OverallAbsolute disaster!!!
ProsCould not open the program and none existant customer service
ConsNo customer service, do not reply to email.
November 29, 2018
Juan Diego M.
Equipment Director / R&D
Construction, 11-50 employees

“Project planning experience”

OverallIt works very fine for my projects, i do all my schedule projects with this app. I really recommend it
Steve B.
Consultant
Construction, Self-employed

“Nice Start”

OverallThe functionality is ok for a basic project management tool. Not a replacement for desktop based tools with more functionality. Would be nice if the app used the gestures available to iPhone users for navigation.
ProsSimple interface Easy to navigate Import ability
ConsGestures don't work to zoom gantt Show activities on calendar
Government Administration, Self-employed
September 7, 2018

“Inputting my project data was a piece of cake.”

ProsIt was easy to input existing project data and upload it to Project Planning Pro. Thank you!
ConsI wasn't sure if I would be able to upload project data from other project management tools, but it worked perfectly.
September 7, 2018
David R.
PM
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

“easy to use”

OverallNice easy switch between table and gantt chart view. App is simple enough to use without need for much training.
Proseasy to use
Consmissing a dashboard for multiple products