SocialOomph Ratings

Overall

About SocialOomph

Social media marketing solution to boost your productivity across multiple channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and more. Learn more about SocialOomph

John T.
Author, "Boomer Reinvention: How to Create Your Dream Career Over 50"
Education Management, 1-10 employees
September 6, 2018

“Unique Social Posting Features”

OverallI use Socialoomph primarily to curate an automatic Twitter feed based on pulling from numerous publications via RSS. After initial setup and tweaking, this has been running with minimal manual supervision and delivers a reasonably varied and relevant Twitter stream. I also am experimenting with scheduling FB and LI posts similar to the way I do it on Hootsuite.
ProsSocialoomph does something that no other social media posting tool can do: automatically generate content streams from RSS feeds. While pretty much every other platform out there will let you access RSS feeds, Socialoomph does it better by letting you define keywords that limit what you publish to only the topics or ideas you want. Additionally, Socialoomph lets you publish in virtually any configuration you want, from specifically scheduled dates, to regular intervals etc. Customer support is prompt and excellent.
ConsThe interface is hopelessly outdated and text-based. It takes a while to get used to it if you're used to more whiz-bang UI's. But it's all laid out very clearly and the help files are great. The one thing I miss (which many others offer) is a calendar layout to be able to see your schedule on that kind of grid.
September 6, 2018
Jess B.
Founder/Owner
June 9, 2018

“Social & Blog Scheduling Made Easy”

ProsSocialOomph is an awesome scheduler. You can use it for free on Twitter but they have a pro upgrade for Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, scheduling email updates, RSS and blog posting. There are also some more advanced Twitter features in the premium account. You can filter profiles, bulk upload tweets and monitor new followers.
ConsA professional account will set you back every two weeks. That's a lot of money to beginners even for a full month so it might not be an option for some newbies. If you just need the Twitter upgrades then it's twice a month.
June 9, 2018
Mindy I.
Graphic Design, Unspecified
March 16, 2018

“Saves so much valuable time!”

Overallsocial media automation help
ProsSocial Oomph is very easy to use, once you understand how to set it up. I love that I can put a ton of social media posts in and know that they will send them out for me on a schedule that I choose for as long as I choose. They have a lot of options so you can really customize your experience for each type of post!
ConsIt's not so easy figuring out the correct time to leave between posts. You have to choose something like, post these 22 hours apart or 2 hours apart, etc. and I would prefer if they would give you time slots to post in or not post in. I don't want my blog posts being posted at 2am, but I also dont' want them going out at the exact same time every day. I know this can be done with separate queues, but it is a lot to sit and figure out. Also, there have been times when a post didn't go out (before Twitter upped their tweet length) and I would have like it if Social Oomph warned me beforehand so I could have fixed it.
March 16, 2018
Nishadha S.
Lead Internet Marketing Specialist
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
September 6, 2016

“Great Tool to Automate Social Media Posting”

OverallIf you're looking to automate your digital marketing work then this is a great tool to have in your arsenal. I only use the social media automation parts, but you can automate things like blog posting as well. The biggest advantage of this over other similar tools is their never ending queues. So you always have a steady stream of updates posted in your social channels.
ProsTheir never ending queues, where you can set them up in such a way that some important and evergreen content are periodically posted in your social channels with your specified time interval.
ConsThe customer support is not the best. Once we had an issue with a queue and it took a while for them to resolve it. And the final solution was to redo the queue. Also you have to pay extra if you want to automatically send DM's on Twitter.
Recommendations to other buyersI really love the app and I would recommend it for anyone who manages social media, especially for agencies who has to manage few accounts at a time. Just remember that the support is not the best and you might have to come up with your own solutions if something goes wrong.
September 6, 2016
Tracey M.
Author
Publishing, Self-employed
September 4, 2019

“Keeping in touch”

OverallI like it because I can keep my account active and don't have to worry if I can not get to a computer every day. Over the years they have developed so pictures can be attached to tweets which makes them more visible. If I want to respond to someone I still have to go into twitter and reply, but I have the reassurance that my account is active.
ProsI use this product to schedule tweets to Twitter. This software allows me to schedule a week of tweets, including links, in advance so my account stays active. I can choose the date and time they go out so people always have something to read even if I can not access a computer that day. People who do not post on a regular basis will often lose followers.
ConsThe free version is limited to Twitter, but you can now schedule posts on Facebook direct.
September 4, 2019
Evan R.
Healer & Spiritual Master
Alternative Medicine, Unspecified
May 16, 2018

“I have been using Social Oomph for many years, and I love it.”

OverallMy twitter feed has been completely automated for many years now.
ProsIt is very simple and straight forward with no graphics. It interfaces perfectly with Twitter and Facebook for me, and I can instantly add posts, or just go in and fine posts from my history and post again. I have it scheduled to post a set number of times each day.
ConsSometimes, if I haven't used it in a few weeks, I have to get reacquainted with some of their terms.
May 16, 2018
Gabriela Z.
Independent Researcher
Computer Software, Unspecified
December 28, 2017

“Easy way to schedule tweets”

ProsFor me, SocialOomph is the best and easiest tool for scheduling tweets. You can schedule several tweets in advance, and specify exactly when they should be posted. The tool will automatically compact the URL, saving you some space in the scheduled tweet. You can choose the exact time for the update, so you know exactly when your post will be online. And tweet scheduling is free.
ConsIt would be nice to be able to change the timezone when scheduling the tweet (although the option to post the tweet "X" hours from now is helpful for the immediate future). They keep offering pro/premium features all the time to the point that sometimes it gets annoying.
December 28, 2017
Ron Elius S.
Freelance B2B Copywriter for the Food & Beverage Companies
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
October 10, 2018

“Twitter Tweet Automation”

OverallGood for Basic Needs!
ProsSocialOomph is really easy to set-up, use and schedule your Tweets. It's quick and their tracking ability is good. I really liked their Purge Tweet feature. Got a correction you need to do? Purge it on SocialOomph. Also, it's free to use on Twitter.
ConsThe only thing I don't like using is the lack of UI and UX Customer Experience. The design is outdated and sometimes it really feels clunky.
October 10, 2018
Elesha J.
Freelancer
April 10, 2018

“I use this weekly”

ProsI like that fact that it can be super quick to schedule a bare bones post if you're just wanting a simple option.
ConsYou can't pick a preview image if the link isn't live makes it impossible to truly preview what your post will look like.
April 10, 2018
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
June 10, 2017

“owsome app”

OverallThis app very helps fully for social media users. You can easily use & manage all of your social a/c in one place. publish all the things is very easily & fast.
Proswe want more option for social media related.
Consneed to upgrade scheduling post option.
Recommendations to other buyersyou need to try this app.
June 10, 2017
March 20, 2018

“This tool will change the way you manage your social media accounts”

ProsWhat I like most about SocialOomph is the ability to manage multiple Twitter accounts and the automated direct messaging feature that you can set up is amazing! It saves so much time. It's very budget friendly also.
ConsWhat I like least about SocialOomph is it is for twitter only, so if you need a platform for all of your social media accounts, this isn't the one you should choose.
March 20, 2018
May 4, 2018

“Used to automate my Twitter feed and increase following. ”

ProsSocial Oomph has proved to be very useful for our business and has increased the organic traffic to our blog post via Twitter links over the course of four months.
ConsDon't have too much to say about what I dislike. It would be great if they extended their usability to Instagram.
May 4, 2018