Woodpecker Ratings

Overall

About Woodpecker

Woodpecker helps B2B companies directly contact prospective clients by automated sending of personalized sales emails and follow-ups. Learn more about Woodpecker

Evan B.
VP Operations
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
August 15, 2019

“Woodpecker is great!”

OverallThis has been game changing software for our process as a lead gen company.
ProsThey are the best software out there for cold emailing campaigns. I can have a campaign running in a short amount of time (10-15 minutes), and the results speak for themselves. The data stays clean, and their automated point to point text emails have high deliverability rates.
ConsNothing yet, the only issue I had was dealing with the time zone between myself and support who is located in Poland. Easy to work around though!
August 15, 2019
Joseph H.
Campaigns Manager
Photography, 11-50 employees
January 2, 2019

“Just wonderful”

OverallFantastic experience
ProsCustomer service is second to none, quick and informative and they go above and beyond to help. The software is brilliant for small scale email campaigns.
ConsThere is nothing I dislike! If I was forced to say thing I'd say the user interface could be slicker, but that's it. It's easy enough to use as it is.
January 2, 2019
Chantel S.
Marketing Manager
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
December 6, 2016

“Woodpecker is Top Notch for Email Marketing”

OverallWe started evaluating an alternative email platform after a very bad experience with a competitor. Woodpecker's support team was able to schedule a demo the day of! Our contact was absolutely amazing at response time and making sure we had everything we needed. They have a 14-day free trial which is awesome to test out and get the hang of things. Pulling in all of our leads was a snap and we were able to use #TAGS in order to better sort our list these tags are SUPER useful, especially when we had to mark folks as Opted Out from our previous list. The email campaign interface is really user-friendly and you can easily capture key statistics. The only thing I would change is that the emails automatically default as a response. It would be nice if they were automatically one-off emails and you had the option to select as a response to the previous email only.
ProsEase of use. Customer support. On-call support. Tutorials. User interface.
ConsN/A
Recommendations to other buyersTake your time with set-up and if you are importing a list from a previous platform, be sure to opt-out or blacklist folks who had requested to be opted out.
December 6, 2016
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
May 2, 2019

“Wood Pecker Review ”

OverallI love this software. It has saved me a bunch of time on my email campaigns. It is easy to see how everything is tracked. Great software.
ProsThis software allows me to send out automated emails to all of my potential clients. Saves me a bunch of time.
ConsThere was a slight learning curve with this software but was not a problem
May 2, 2019
Nevlynn J.
VP Marketing
July 21, 2017

“Great tool for sending out dripping campaigns”

ProsEasy to use interface, great customer support, newsletter with helpful tips & tricks. Uploading contacts is very easy.
ConsI would love to have seen a way to purchase a database with valid email addresses through Woodpecker. Now I use it for send out only.
July 21, 2017
Deepak Shukla S.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
October 9, 2019

“Great tool for agencies”

OverallIt's been really positive overall so nothing more to add than this haha
ProsIt feels specifically built for my usecase - scaling an agency that has multiple clients which is what works really well for me
ConsI wish (sometimes) they had a database I could purchase more 'lists' from - but tbh I also like the simplicity of what they do and that they never chose to dilute this
October 9, 2019
Internet, Unspecified
March 29, 2018

“Woodpecker is a user-friendly email sending software”

ProsWoodpecker is super beginner friendly and has a pleasant interface. The pricepoint is really reasonable and their agency feature makes it REALLY easy for agencies to switch between accounts.
ConsThe major downside to Woodpecker is the lack of two very important features for email marketing: 1) A/B testing in order to find which variation of an email gets the best conversions 2) No easy way to do opt-out links; the current solution feels clunky and like an afterthought Overall, it is a great platform.
March 29, 2018
April 6, 2018

“Great integrations - subpar customization”

ProsI love how easy it is to integrate my gravity forms, pipedrive, and every other app I use. This makes my life better, since it's one less thing I have to do manually.
ConsTo change the order of a sequence, I have to copy/paste the email between fields. Why can't I just drag and drop - or anything other than copy/paste. This makes me not want to use Woodpecker
April 6, 2018
Accounting, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
September 10, 2019

“Basic Marketing Software”

OverallI think this is a good software if you have minimal lists.
ProsIt is easy to upload contacts into Woodpecker and sending our an email is done with ease as well....
ConsThe biggest 2 cons about woodpecker are they didnt offer email automation as well as segmenting lists was not so easy being done by tags
September 10, 2019
Kayd W.
Ceo
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
April 5, 2019

“Email done easy”

OverallOverall the experience was great and helped a lot with growing our business.
ProsIt made sending mass cold emails easy. Not only that but the ability to track opens and responses between different emails and headlines was great!
ConsI get it could be less is price. There are other systems that do the same thing for a lower price
April 5, 2019
Larissa E.
Research Assistant
May 24, 2018

“Woodpecker has been wonderful in setting up a scheduled email campaign. It makes it very easy!”

OverallEasy to track when emails are being sent and scheduled to go out.
ProsI love how easy it is to set up email campaigns and add contacts. I love how it shows the percentage of opened, clicked, delivered... everything is easy to keep up with.
ConsI can't really think of anything I dislike about the software. It all is very easy to use and set up.
May 24, 2018
James P.
December 4, 2017

“Great experience - Woodpecker is a great tool for automating your cold emails.”

ProsWhat I like most about this software is that it saves you a lot of time. Cold email is a great way to reach tons of prospects, but you don't want to be stuck in front of a computer all day. This is a great way to plug in your prospects, set up your email campaign, and walk away. It does the work for your automatically.
ConsHonestly, there's not much to dislike. I guess if I had to pick one thing I would say that the follow-up process shouldn't be capped at seven emails. If you have some really high-value prospects, you might want to follow up with them more than seven times.
December 4, 2017
Krzysztof S.
Marketing Manager
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees
January 3, 2019

“I fell in love with the tool”

OverallIncreased deliverability and response rate than "regular" mailings,
ProsThe whole philosophy of sending emails with personal touch and in a human-like manner convinced me to use the tool. After that I noticed how helpful is the support and how great content is being delivered by the Woodpecker Team: handbooks, blog posts and webinars. Great job, guys!
ConsOnly minor pricing issues, like having to upgrade the subscription plan if you want to give access to your team member.
January 3, 2019
11-50 employees
July 4, 2018

“My go-to mail-merge when I help customers set up their emailing campaigns.”

ProsI enjoy using Woodpecker because of its simplicity. The process is straightforward and the setup is quick which allows me to launch my campaigns in a very short period of time.
ConsI would say the analytics may the the downside of Woodpecker. First they are not very thorough but they also lack in precision and fidelity compared to other software I have been able to test.
July 4, 2018