VoxVote Ratings

Overall

About VoxVote

Free mobile voting platform with unlimited audience. Add interaction to your event. Let your audience use their smartphone and add answers to live polls, quiz or create a wordcloud based on their responses. Why pay for limited audience sizes? We have unlimited audience. We run worldwide on our cloud scalable platform. We are the Kahoot! for business. Learn more about VoxVote

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
January 2, 2019

“Great App (with some minor flaws)”

OverallThe flaws described above are rather minor, and will probably get addressed. All in all a great alternative for interactive lectures!
ProsI really like the "bring your own device" or BYOD philosophy. It makes this very easily accessible and eliminates hardware logistics for the presenters/organizers. There is a nice variety of question or rather answer types, including multiple choice and free text/word cloud. Creating a quiz is very easy, and with a bit of experience it requires hardly any effort.
ConsThe designer interface as well as the presentation itself are not very intuitive or self explanatory. You actually have to know what you are doing especially regarding key shortcuts, otherwise you can feel lost (I hid the results by accident during my first presentation with Voxvote, and couldn't make them reappear, for example). It's easy once you consult the documentation though. The screen for the audience does not update automatically. In order to keep track of how many people have voted, you have to keep pushing the refresh button. I haven't found a way yet to make Voxvote show the correct answer after voting, but I do it in Powerpoint instead. The screen the audience sees is the same one that the presenter sees on his screen. I think it would be nicer if there was a presenter screen with all info and a cleaner, uncluttered audience screen on the 2nd monitor/projector.

By VoxVote on January 18, 2019
You can use 'color' to indicate the correct answer.
January 2, 2019
Banking, 10,001+ employees
August 2, 2018

“It's a quickest way to get the pulse on your organization”

ProsWe've used VoxVote in several of our town hall meetings and find that polls are an excellent way to get feedback from our employees on whatever issue is being discussed. It's a great way to engage them and have them voice out their opinions even on sensitive or controversial issues because they can find comfort in anonymity. It's the quickest way to resolve any issue that might otherwise take days or weeks to decide on. The results were provided in a clear visual and can be stored in a database to show changes in trend and perceptions for analysis. There are a variety of styles available for the questions and many of the features can be customized to easily fit our needs.
ConsIt doesn't have the ability to integrate the questions into an MS Powerpoint presentation at the moment, but I hear the developers are working on a plugin for this so it will just be a matter of time then.
August 2, 2018
Mike B.
Adjunct Professor
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
December 31, 2017

“I've only used it for a few classes so far, but I am impressed with how well it works”

OverallIt is similar to using Clickers, except that students do not need to pay an extra to buy it. I find that polling students has several benefits. One, it helps students to realize that their thoughts are not unusual, thus making them more likely to express them in discussions. Two, polling allows students to express opinions anonymously on controversial issues and then to see the viewpoint of the class (e.g. fellow students). Three, polling can help to make unreflective, but popular notions apparent by exposing them in a safe way.
ProsIt is easy to use. It works without any sort of problems or glitches. I like that I always have the same code, so that students don't need a new code for each question that I might ask. The visuals are also clear so that students can see them easily on the screen and it seems to work on everyone's phone or computer.
ConsMostly, I wish that I could incorporate a poll into PowerPoint slides. It would make it simpler to ask a question, and then go into a discussion and then to another question. I would also like to be able to duplicate an event and name it according to the semester, year and session in which I am using it, since I will often repeat a poll over several semesters if it works well.
December 31, 2017
Entertainment, 51-200 employees
October 4, 2018

“Gathering Audiences' Feedback Has Never Been Easier”

ProsAudience feedback is a necessary factor to determine the casino's customer service effectivity. I have started using online questionnaires in place of old paper questionnaires to gather different customer feedbacks. It is a fast and efficient way to collect necessary details without the hassle of pen and paper. VoxVote is specialized for surveys or voting type of feedback. It is highly customizable which allows me to gather the necessary details I need to determine the necessary changes our processes require.
ConsIncorporation with other software such as Microsoft PowerPoint or Word is a little difficult. It is a necessity especially during quarterly reports.
October 4, 2018
January 27, 2018

“Looking for an interactive ice breaker to start a training and poll the group of 10 at the start.”

OverallToo early to tell, still need to perform with a real live audience. I hope to use this as an ice breaker at the start of a short training to poll participants about their perception and let the answer statistics generate some interactions from the audience.
Pros Kahoot is used a lot in our company during events, but I needed something that is not a contest but a poll that allows for more than 4 answers. PROS: + Web based and browser access and no mandatory app required (not everyone has a smartphone!) + Easy to set-up questions + Clear visualisation of the results
Cons- First impression of a question with 7 answers looked clunky due to scrolling that felt unnatural - After a first test, it is not clear what "free" really means... Limitations of a free account were not visible, but then again I dit not really look for it either before filling this in. --> value for your company will be that your name will be mentioned and projected throughout a diverse population of 10K+ employee company. If feedback of participants is good, it will be promoted in our internal intranet community.

By VoxVote on January 29, 2018
Hi, thanks for your review. We don't have yet your credentials, so please sent us a mail to support@voxvote.com and we can try to solve the 'cons' you mentioned.
January 27, 2018
Biotechnology, 501-1000 employees
September 1, 2019

“Easy way to make simple polls for audience engagement”

OverallWe really like having voxvote to be able to do everything from gathering opinions on new proposals, to quizzing the audience to be able to give credits to those that answered correctly. It is easy to use, and we love it particularly because it does not require any special instruments in order to use it - just any internet connected device. We are also able to display the polling results so that the audience knows exactly how they stand in regards to the rest of the audience, and this transitions very organically into discussion, which may have been awkward to introduce without polling.
ProsIt's a great way to be able to generate data from a large audience and then use that data for future analysis. I really enjoy the fact that you do not need to purchase additional hardware to be able to integrate usage of this platform into meetings and other events. It's relatively simple to prepare poll questions, although I would recommend taking some time to get used to the configuration so you don't accidentally close a poll before it's started, or erase the polling information.
ConsIt would be extremely helpful to be able to embed polls into powerpoint, or at least google slides, so that I could seamlessly transition to the polling during a presentation, which is the only time I'd be gathering this data anyway.
September 1, 2019
Amy E.
Director of Education
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees
February 12, 2018

“I wanted to add an audience participation tool to a live event and Voxvote was easy to implement.”

ProsIt allows an unlimited number of respondents and many features which can be customized. It was easy to implement and the tutorial was helpful. They let you try it for free 5 times so you can test drive it.
ConsAsk me again in a few months after I've used it a few times. I am still playing around with it and don't know what I like or don't like yet. i would love to be able to integrate the questions right into my powerpoint, but at this point it looks like I will be toggling back and forth. Let me know it this is not correct.

By VoxVote on February 14, 2018
Yes, at the moment there is no Powerpoint or Keynote plugin. Main reason: it might work on your local installation laptop, but on venue location, there might be other laptops on media beamers, preventing to install plugins. Also, the variety of Microsoft Office - version 2010, 2013, 2016 both on 32 and 64 bits makes it really hard to make hassle free plugins. Nevertheless, we are developing a simple slide page within VoxVote in 2018. So you can create simple slides between your questions. You can think of headers, subheaders, paragraphs, images, bulleted lists etc.
February 12, 2018
Maeghan D.
Administrative Assistant
Mining & Metals, 10,001+ employees
June 16, 2017

“Handy for presentations and fun quizzes at the office.”

OverallData from employees and coworkers that would have been difficult to get otherwise.
ProsEasy to use, fast response rate, good variety of question styles, handy for various uses. Like that it gives on demand data at events and meetings. Users of the app have no problems figuring out how to use it.
ConsExpensive to buy credits, and can't re-use credits once archived. Archived credits should not count towards overall credit amount since they are not being used. Bought more credits, but can't delete old quizzes to re-use the credit.

By VoxVote on June 17, 2017
Dear Maeghan, Thanks for the review. About the event credit price (between 10 and 15 euro, we think it's not that expensive). Nevertheless, As an additional service, we un-archived your events in case you want to re-use them.
June 16, 2017
October 16, 2018

“I would use VoxVote over Kahoot!”

OverallI have been using VoxVote for more than a year now (almost 4 semesters) and it has become an essential audience-engagement tool for me and my colleagues at the college. I introduced it to many colleagues who are also using it now.
ProsI would use VoxVote over Kahoot on every event where complex audience engagement is required! Instead of having only 4 options in Kahoot, VoxVote allow you to have more or less options as needed - which you can use for example if you want to compare audience evaluation of presentations of several (more than 4) teams or yes/no & questions/answers (2 options). Also, you choose your own colors, add your logo, and even add an image for each question. It is easier to move between questions and re-do/copy a question if there is a problem.
ConsKahoot on the other hand has suspenseful music and cure animations while audience is voting - which is entertaining and nriches the wait time

By VoxVote on October 19, 2018
Thanks for the great review. In general, in business meetings a suspenseful music is not ideal.
October 16, 2018
Emmanuel C.
Feild Service Representative
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
May 28, 2019

“Excellent Software”

OverallI have used VoxVote to test students after my training exercises and it helps me a lot.
ProsI like the VoxVote software because it is easy to use. The results for any voting exercise are fast and accurate. The graphical presentation of the results is outstanding and understandable by every participant.
ConsI don't know whether to accuse the software or some smart phones because there are some phones that are slow to connect to the voting exercise. I also like least the number of questions that are available for the free or basic user.

By VoxVote on May 29, 2019
Thansk!
May 28, 2019
Nicholas H.
Graduate Research Assistant
Research, 5001-10,000 employees
January 14, 2019

“Great way to engage an audience!”

OverallAs already noted, I very much enjoy using this software during my required presentations and during lab meetings. It has also been useful for me to develop my public speaking skills, as I can receive feedback on the quality of my presentation right then and there. Great product!
ProsI love that this software is FREE and SIMPLE. What more could one ask for? I have had next to no issues with using VoxVote to get feedback from audiences during seminars or presentations. This tool helps to draw in the attention of your audience and is a good break in pace from traditional lecture style presentations.
ConsNothing! I love it! Absolutely plenty for a free software.
January 14, 2019
Marie B.
Youngcaritas Speyer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 10,001+ employees
February 7, 2019

“Great!!”

OverallBy using Voxvote we have discovered a new way to build a conversation with those we want to reach and inform. It's so much easier to talk about a result and let the audience explain their decision about a question. Especially getting in touch with young adults -the digital natives- it is so much better and also a good way via Smartphones, because they are so used to use them.
ProsI like most about Voxvote that it helps you to get in touch with the audience. We used it for a Quiz about our organisation to inform young people about what we do and to get to know what they think about future. They had so much fun with the voting and I'm pretty sure we will continue working with this software, because it's easy to handle.
ConsVoxvote has so many features and ways to create an event that it's sometimes a little challenging to understand everything - and I'm sure I haven't discovered all features yet. But I'm also very excited what I can learn about how to present with this software, but it takes some time.

By VoxVote on February 26, 2019
Thanks! Great to read such extended review.
February 7, 2019
Sterling B.
Teacher
Education Management, 11-50 employees
June 6, 2019

“Great Tool to Have!”

OverallStudent Elections, Theme Votes, Royalty Votes- you name it and VoxVote has saved us the money of buying ballots and the time of counting. It's accurate, customizable to our needs and has been a game changer for us. THANK YOU!
ProsI appreciate that VoxVote is willing to help out education by providing this service for free (for now). Other companies charge an arm and a leg which we just don't have in the classroom. This service allows us to do quick votes for our student body (Homecoming, Prom, ASB) and because it can be live it is VERY exciting for the students to see. It's AWESOME!
ConsI haven't found any yet. There is a bit of a learning curve, but once you get it- it's great!

By VoxVote on June 7, 2019
Whoop Whoop! What a great review!
June 6, 2019
Pia O.
lecturer
E-Learning, 1001-5000 employees
April 1, 2019

“very pleased”

OverallReally engaging for students. However the sign in page asking students to vote is
ProsReally engaging for students. Several students have come up to me to ask if we can use it at the end of each class.
Conspricey if using frequently. A friend told me about it. I think more advertising needed

By VoxVote on April 12, 2019
Hi, Thanks for the review. Pricey when used frequently? You have the full free educational licence :-)
April 1, 2019
Amanda B.
Communications Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
November 3, 2018

“Good Free”

ProsI love that I have a free option since I only use it once a year
ConsI am not happy with the price point for annual subscription options.

By VoxVote on November 19, 2018
Hi, thanks for your response. About your cons: annual subscription. We don't have that, we work with credits, so you can use whenever you want. It's not a recurring monthly or annual payment.
November 3, 2018
Bernd s.
Dermatologist
March 7, 2018

“easy to handle, work's really fast”

ProsI used voxvote for my lectures at congresses. It's really a very simple and fast way of voting without using expensive techniques to vote. Voxvote is easy to handle, it work's really fast and it's fascinating to see how fast you receive the results of the vote.
Consyou can't delete events. For the first time, i tried to create an event. but then i thoght, i made something wrong and startet the same event again. but then, when i wanted to delete the wrong event, i couldn't find any button or a describtion to delete this event. It's sad, because in the free version you only have 5 credits for an event. and now i wasted 2 of my credits.

By VoxVote on March 22, 2018
Thanks for the great review. We compensated you with another credit because of the accidental delete.
March 7, 2018
John C.
Senior Lecturer
September 30, 2016

“VoxVote Review”

OverallI have found VoxVote to be a really useful addition to my academic lectures within Journalism and Law. It really allows you to get real-time reaction from your students. I now save their responses to individual questions and use them as a database of how perceptions and positions change over time.
ProsSpeed of response
ConsCost
Recommendations to other buyersNone

By VoxVote on September 30, 2016
Hi Trent, thanks for the great review. The costs as cons? You might have missed free for educational usage information on our website. Nottingham Trent University can apply, please mail us from http://www.voxvote.com/offers/domainlist
September 30, 2016
David C.
January 17, 2017

“A great product for interactive training!”

OverallAs a trainer in project management, I have tested VoxNote to make my training sessions more lively and exciting. The absolute advantage of VoxNote against its competitors is the PIN-code: 5 digits, no registration and the votting session starts...so simple for the audience! Regarding room for improvement, some stars are missing mainly because of a bit tiring and confusing man-machine interface ('update' is misleading and I often forget it before clicking "close"). Hint: something as user-friendly as Google's online forms would be great.
Pros- PIN-code for audience - large audience possible (<100) even for basic package
Cons- man-machine interface quite old-fashioned and not intuitive
Recommendations to other buyersPlease try to make as user-friendly as Google Forms regarding the input of questions :-)

By VoxVote on January 17, 2017
Hi David, Thanks for your man-machine comments. We will continue to improve our platform.
January 17, 2017
Aileen M.
Tutor
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
July 19, 2019

“This is a no-brainer”

ProsI love it. It does exactly what it sets out to do. In particular, I love that it is mobile phone friendly and that you could use basically any device to access. Compatibility issues are nowhere to be found. Results of quizzes are stored in a clean and organized manner so it is all very nice and tidy when you are ready to access the data.
ConsThe only con I can think of is that I wish I could incorporate polls into PowerPoint slides. From what I read, this is something they are working on in the future, so once that gets settled I can confidently say that this is essentially a flawless product.

By VoxVote on July 23, 2019
Wow, great to hear - no-brainer, we love it.
July 19, 2019
Scott L.
Network Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
July 16, 2019

“Great App and Easy to Use”

ProsWe started using this to survey our leadership teams so they can use their phones to take the surveys and that's helped a lot with getting the surveys filled out and completed. The fact that they can use their phone rather than be in the office made a massive difference in completion rate for us.
ConsMinor learning curve with design, but as with any new piece of software it just took a little bit of experimentation and practice (and online videos) to get the hang of things.

By VoxVote on July 23, 2019
thanks!
July 16, 2019
yael r.
physiotherapist
Hospital & Health Care, Self-employed
June 16, 2019

“using voxvote”

Overalli plan to use it in a conference.
Proseasy to learn how to use it. very friendly
Consdesign can be upgraded to somthing more nice

By VoxVote on June 17, 2019
Thanks, we keep improving!
June 16, 2019
Steve K.
Business Manager
Education Management, 11-50 employees
July 21, 2019

“Great software, Learners loved it”

OverallAfter our first few problems, we found the software very easy to use. When I am teaching I need something that works without much effort from myself. This fits the bill. We have already convinced another company to have a trial of the software and I am sure they will find the same benefits as we did.
ProsIt was very easy to get working. A basic set of questions took just minutes to set up. This is great if you don't have the time to spend learning a lot of new skills. We also liked the fact that there are apps for our learners to use. They found this much easier than going to an URL.
ConsOur learners had to keep leaving the session and rejoining which was find, but we had to keep reminding them to do this. We archived a session by mistake and could not find a way to get it back again. Our error but it would be nice to be able to do this.

By VoxVote on July 27, 2019
Thanks!
July 21, 2019
Gabriele P.
Associate Professor of Marketing
February 11, 2019

“Excellent service for teaching”

OverallIt really helps involving my university students in class; students were extremely satisfied with this new feature in my courses
ProsEase of use; effectiveness in reaching the audience you are interacting with; involvement
ConsThe process of duplicating previous events is somehow cumbersome and it might be improved
February 11, 2019
John David A.
Director of Marketing & Technology
11-50 employees
January 10, 2018

“Works well and as described”

ProsEasy to use. Fast to Setup up a quiz and add questions. Intuitive to use. I enjoyed having this working it is a fun app to use and believe it will be a great use for my company.
ConsNeed more trials. Needs an auto refresh for live view. Its frustrating using one of my "points" just to run tests. Maybe im using the software incorrectly but it seems that I wouldnt want this to be a thing.

By VoxVote on January 19, 2018
Within one event you can use preview for all your test.
January 10, 2018
abhilash v.
HDR Research Training and Systems Project Officer
Higher Education, 5001-10,000 employees
June 26, 2019

“Excellent tool for voting and training feedback”

OverallWe were trying to implement a digital solution that could replace paper votes with a digital alternative for an event where speakers were ranked based on their presentation. This is by far the best solution available for the purpose.
ProsUser friendly, simple and clever implementation. It's free for educational institutions as well. I guess the tool also tracks mac id or ips to restrict multiple entries from the same device.
ConsI would need the option to modify the timer. It would be useful if we had the option to change the toggle timer settings.

By VoxVote on July 5, 2019
Thanks, We will contact you about the educational offer. And the timer can be customised, see the www.voxvote.com/faq
June 26, 2019
Richard B.
Learning and Development Executive
Government Administration, 501-1000 employees
February 27, 2019

“I vote for VoxVote”

OverallI use VoxVote at the start, middle and end of my workshops. It's great for measuring knowledge and how the group are feeling.
ProsThere are to many pros to mention. Easy to use, great to get the audience interacting.
ConsI don't think there is anything I least like about it

By VoxVote on March 5, 2019
Whoop Whoop, too many pros to mention. That's a cool review!
February 27, 2019
Steve L.
Newcastle
Accounting, 1-10 employees
November 19, 2018

“Great”

OverallOnly 4 credits not 5. On stage right now.
ProsGreat super, will write more here to gill
ConsRubbish. Just doing this to get one more credit.

By VoxVote on November 24, 2018
Hi Steve, Did you use another VoxVote account? We can't find you with these names. Thansk anyway for the 10 out of 10 stars
November 19, 2018
Lasantha H.
Lecturer and medical officer
September 22, 2017

“it gave me what I really need with my works of my institute. ”

Prosit really worked and is working with realtime interactions with the audience. Since I got to use it, it was experienced the raising of attention from the audience. Most of the time, I used to to voxvote to interact with my students as some needed continous concerntrations.
Consit is necessary to have on-line live discussions and output of the interactive sessions to be displyed in power point presentation in sametime. currently, I am minimizing the PP to get the on-line output results of voting.

By VoxVote on September 25, 2017
Thanks! We are awaiting the development of Microsoft / Office365 to allow live web in PowerPoint
September 22, 2017
Susanne V.
April 18, 2017

“Results from initial testing”

OverallSeems fairly easy to use. The Swedish language package for the questions is not translated correctly or missing for many items. A mouse-over for some of the icons would have helped, for instance over the arrow to the right when you have the live graph up. I accidentally clicked it a couple of times to jump to the next question instead of using the menue above. Maybe a start-next-question button below the graph could be useful.
ProsOne of the freewares that gives the most opportunities (for free). Pricing is also reasonable.
ConsLack of ability to easily delete a whole question (I know that is a freebie-thing, but still)...

By VoxVote on April 18, 2017
Hi, Thanks for the review. In the question editor, you can find the 'hide' question. Kind of delete.
April 18, 2017
Roy C.
February 1, 2017

“Great online voting tool”

OverallVoxvote is a great online (mobile/web-based) voting tool. Easy to set up and with lots of nice functionalities (like saving polls, exporting results, etc). I only have 2 things on my wish list. Firstly, more themes for the answers as currently only a black theme is available, whick looks okish only in phones. Options to choose font size for answers would be also great. Secondly, it'll be great to be able to display math equations on questions, ie X to the power of 3=3 showing as an proper equation (Compatibility with latex would be even better!). Aside that, VoxVote is a great tool!

By VoxVote on February 2, 2017
Hi Roy, Thanks for the review and wishlist. Did you know that as a University user, you can apply for free usage and the full version? See https://www.voxvote.com/offers/domainlist Regards
February 1, 2017
Lynn T.
Lab Director
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1001-5000 employees
December 27, 2016

“Great product - I needed more time to get it figured out”

OverallI love what the product can do for my presentation. Unfortunately, I wound up using all of the credits just figuring out how to work it as I haven't ever used a product like this before. You can tell because none of my surveys except the last one have any data. If I am reading the costs accurately it is very expensive for me to actually use this product once. I didn't rate customer service because I don't know how to get it :-)
ProsI love the interaction with the audience. It is a way for me to get to know who I am speaking with and that will help tailor my talking points.
ConsI didn't realize the 5 credit thing and wound up using all of them just trying to get my first presentation to work.
Recommendations to other buyersWould it be possible to have more billing options for the people that don't speak all of the time?

By VoxVote on December 28, 2016
Thanks for the review! About your test projects, you can type new questions over the existing questions, and re-use them if you want.
December 27, 2016
Daniel T.
Diseñador Instruccional Experto Elearning
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
December 10, 2018

“The best app to manage queries”

OverallThe best use I make is during my classes, since I can go verifying my student's learning through questions or QUIZ live.
ProsWhat I love most about voxvote is that I can consult with my students live and analyze the results in real time. The other advantage is that you do not need to install any software which allows it to be compatible on any device with internet.
ConsThe only disadvantage is that they could add an unlimited payment plan, that is to say that for a fixed amount you can have imitated events, not only for credits, the rest is an excellent tool.
December 10, 2018
Ethan B.
Owner/Operator
Wine and Spirits, 1-10 employees
October 27, 2018

“Great product!”

ProsVery easy to use, self explanatory. Great for folks like me who are not as tech-savvy as others
ConsNothing really - would like to have the capability to add maybe one slide for the free version to try it out.

By VoxVote on November 2, 2018
Thanks Ethan, Slides are available only in the upgraded version.
October 27, 2018
Karin M.
teacher
Education Management, 51-200 employees
September 16, 2018

“Vox On Top”

OverallReally great
ProsVery easy to use and free for educators!
ConsI need unlimited questions but it's not letting me update

By VoxVote on September 28, 2018
Dear Karen, Thanks for the review. You have the free educaltional licence with unlimited questions.
September 16, 2018
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
September 11, 2018

“Great interactive tool for lectures”

OverallUsing in university lectures to make them more interactive - giving students choices over what we look at, reviewing what they have learnt, etc.
ProsIt's simple to set up but with some complex ways of analysing data if you want to. Good range of different questions (choose from a list, multiple answers, free text). i really liked the way the results can be shared with others afterwards.
ConsNone really. It's pretty good as a free tool to try it out.
September 11, 2018
Mayur M.
Assistant Manager
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501-1000 employees
September 6, 2018

“Amazing software for voting”

OverallOverall experience is amazing. Thank you.
Pros1) Free for infinite audience 2) Easy to share events and keep oneself updated
Cons1) Must work with the aesthetic functionality 2) Design to make more interactive sessions

By VoxVote on September 8, 2018
Thanks!
September 6, 2018
Stéphane G.
Senior Advisor Channel Shift
Insurance, 1001-5000 employees
April 20, 2018

“Very easy to use, nice App and many super features”

ProsEasy to use and to set up. I was looking for an App that can let me create a live Survey to let the participants vote for their best team. I got all I was looking for when reading in Apple Store the desciption.
Consthe retrieve function seems to not work properly. Had to ceate another account with another email. Probably a temporary bug, but when you need to do a live demo to the management committee, it's not what you want to happened.

By VoxVote on April 25, 2018
Dear Stéphane Thanks for the review. The retrieve function? Password retrieve is normally working. Maybe password reset email ended up in your spam box? Vincent
April 20, 2018
Anand K.
Consultant Trainer
March 17, 2018

“A great tool for large instant polls - very easy to set up, easy to poll from anywhere, great value”

OverallAchieved my objectives for polling - got a large audience involved, with instant summary of what they're thinking/ perceiving.
ProsSet up was very easy. The credits system needed to be understood - but once I got it, it was all smooth. I could set up a poll for 100 respondents, which is great. The link for the respondent is easy to get (no complicated character-letter combinations). Everything works fine!
ConsIf there was a better display of my question text on the live poll page it would have been good. As it was, the question statement was long and so the text was all jumbled up... not elegant.

By VoxVote on March 22, 2018
Thanks for the great review! About the long display text: we advice to have short questions on the questions, also for readability on mobile devices. Sometimes its good to add an image beside of the question, and with that, you can make a short question text.
March 17, 2018
Rob v.
projectmanager eHealth
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
June 29, 2017

“Kahoot for adults and more!”

OverallMore involved public, interactive presentations. People enjoy to participate and contribute to the story.
ProsMake your audience interact, more involved public will remember your message better. It's easy to use.
ConsSometimes it takes a few seconds before a change is made. Not a big problem. It's a bit of a challenge to combine this with other presentation software, gotta switch between applications. Integration of some kind would be useful.

By VoxVote on June 29, 2017
Thanks! Kahoot for adults!
June 29, 2017
Catalina L.
university professor
March 18, 2018

“amazing”

OverallI can make my class amazing. I teach phylosophy to very yod dung students three hours a week, during fourteen week, so I need to prepare very dynamic sessions in orden to avoid boring them.
ProsYou can learn to use it quickly and make corrections easily. I wil also thank you if there is a spanish version available.
ConsBecause I'm not so fond of digital sistems, it seems to me there were little instructions for the people that are using it for the first time

By VoxVote on March 23, 2018
Thanks for the review. As an university user, you can also apply for the full educational upgrade Universidad de Piura. See http://www.voxvote.com/offers/domainlist
March 18, 2018
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
September 10, 2019

“Easy to use Audience Response software”

OverallI have use the software to keep my students more awake and participative on classes. Until now, it is working. Also, I have been able to get more information and feedback from them on real time - normally students are a silent crowd facing us and we do not know a lot about them or what is on their minds; this software is helping me get some clues.
ProsIt is easy to use and intuitive, you can start working with it immediately after start t
ConsI would like the software to have more interaction with common presentation software (e.g., Powerpoint).
September 10, 2019
Jenny R.
Doctoral Researcher
Education Management, Self-employed
August 29, 2019

“I am a convert”

OverallVery good
ProsI love that it is easy to use, that I can have as many students log on as I need - most others only offer a limited number for the free trial version. Mostly, I want to be interactive in my lectures and this is the tool to help me do that.
ConsDread to have my credits end and to have to pay for it.

By VoxVote on September 1, 2019
Thanks for the great words! And about the credits: you can apply as educational user. See http://www.voxvote.com/offers/domainlist
August 29, 2019
Annie S.
Engineer
Environmental Services, 10,001+ employees
March 5, 2019

“great experience”

Overalli first experienced the voxvote during an forum and was amazed by the system, and the flexibility of it. i am now trying to use it for my coming presentation and so far i feel that the system is very nicely design.
Prosfast response and very intuitive when using it. the layout is very pretty and flexible too.
Consnone really, but as it is my first try, i find it difficult to find the QR code which would be easier for my voters to get into the voting page.

By VoxVote on March 12, 2019
Thanks for the great review. Yesterday, March 11 we added the QR code functionality. Audience can scan the voting URL directly.
March 5, 2019
Sheldon W.
Consultant
Education Management, 1-10 employees
December 12, 2018

“Trial version needs to have all the upgrades”

OverallMiddle of the road for the reasons noted above. Do I really want to pay money for a version I didn't demo!
ProsThe trial version does the basics. There is a free trial.
ConsThe youtube videos show all the features. I would like the free trial to have the version with all the upgrades. It has been a bit frustrating being told it does something but it really doesn't with the basic version. As such, it is hard to know if it will do what I want it to. The pictures/vidoes look fun but I cant trial it.

By VoxVote on December 15, 2018
Thanks. Our video's are intended to explain the features.
December 12, 2018
Akshay A.
Banking, 51-200 employees
August 13, 2018

“Very good app. Very useful ”

Overallvery useful. Suggestion - Different PIN should get generated for different events as any person joined one event can join another event again which is not suitable for him/her or may be confidential.
Prosquick result. Anonymous answers. quick % calculation
Conssometimes there is a delay when event organizer push question to his audiences. Suggestion - Different PIN should get generated for different events as any person joined one event can join another event again which is not suitable for him/her or may be confidential.

By VoxVote on September 5, 2018
Thanks! At the moment we have one unique pin per user.
August 13, 2018
William P.
Professor
Higher Education, 5001-10,000 employees
August 23, 2018

“So far this is the best survey tool I have used”

OverallI use this in class to help engage students in question answer sessions so they can see they are not alone in being wrong about certain topics. A great survey tool.
ProsI really like the ease of use and display of results and ability to show different aspects of the poll.
ConsSometimes it can be a little slow to update when editing a survey. I have also had issues remembering to hit start on every question but these are minor points that I do not think detract from this tool.

By VoxVote on August 29, 2018
Thanks for the great review! About the start question, you can also use letter S on your keyboard to start. Other letters: R refresh, N next, B back question and arrow keys as well. F for fullscreen. See the gear icon in top left corner. Regards Vincent
August 23, 2018
Nicole M.
president
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
August 9, 2018

“New user”

OverallRather satisfying but we have a very limited experience at that point. We hope it satisfies our needs. Wait and see....
ProsEasy to use from the start without any knowledge of the app.
ConsThe free version is rather limited and the limitation of 10 questions per event is easily reached. Moreover, a bug in the application doubles some questions without notice and adds them to the final count.

By VoxVote on August 14, 2018
Thanks for your review. Also thanks for notifying the flaw in calculation of deleted questions. It's fixed and will be released soon in our august 2018 update.
August 9, 2018
Peter S.
Project Leader
March 13, 2018

“Nice experience during workshops and quizzes. Easy to use for the public.”

ProsHow easy it is for the public to vote, publish ideas and get results in seconds. Very useful to get instant feedback.
ConsIt should be great if you're able to customize even more : give the option to hide the question number, being able to remove preview votes

By VoxVote on March 14, 2018
Thanks, We are considering new features for the future.
March 13, 2018
JoeAnn G.
Consultant
Human Resources, Self-employed
May 4, 2017

“VoxVote has been a very effective tool for engaging training audiences.”

OverallThis powerful tool enabled me to connect with my training audiences in an engaging way that set me apart from many other trainers.
Pros1. The app is easily available for smart phones which nearly everyone tends to have in my classes. 2. It creates a safe environment for participants to provide candid feedback. 3. It engages both participants and observers through anticipation of voting results. 4. It's easy to save or reuse a modified version of a quiz.
ConsIt would be great to have a little more flexibility in capturing, categorizing, and revealing segments of the feedback provided by participants.

By VoxVote on May 14, 2017
Dear JoeAnn, About the segmentation and live reporting: did you try our crossing option? See https://www.voxvote.com/faq##crossing
May 4, 2017
Ed Q.
Biotechnology, 1-10 employees
September 11, 2019

“Easy to use means of feedback at Conferences!”

OverallVery positive once I played around with it and you get answers to any questions you may have from the team.
ProsWe love to use VoxVote to gauge the opinions of delegates who attend out genomic conferences.
ConsIt took me a while to get to grips with all the features. But with a bit of practice I think its intuitive.

By VoxVote on September 22, 2019