ParentLocker Ratings

Overall

About ParentLocker

Integrated, web-based PK-12 school management and communications software to manage and streamline all aspects of school administration. Report cards, homework, data reports, calendars, schedules, admissions and enrollment, forms, attendance, conference scheduling, email communication, gradebooks, lesson plans, discipline, health and much more. Learn more about ParentLocker

Jonathan E.
Science and ParentLocker Coordinator (at HANC)
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 employees
September 28, 2016

“Excellent Product for our Elementary School”

OverallParentLocker has been such a big success at our school. It is very easy to manage the system, and any support that is needed is quickly provided. While we do not take advantage of all the many features that ParentLocker has to offer, it provides our staff with a neat, clean and organized workspace and an easy hub for communication between different parties. Another fantastic feature is the ability to submit suggestions. They truly take every suggestion into consideration and are true to their word when they say they will try and create something for you. There have been a couple of times where we asked if something could be added to our page and within several days they create what you need. ParentLocker and the support team have been a valuable asset to our school.
ProsEasy to use. Support is great, knowledgeable and very helpful.
ConsCertain administrative tasks need to be carried out on their side. I feel guilty about contacting them for something simple that I feel that I can do, but they do not mind doing whatever the task is. Maybe lack of more administrative features?
Recommendations to other buyersDaniel is our contact person and he is fantastic. He is very quick to respond and helps in a very timely fashion. I cannot praise him enough!
Amy K.
Admissions & Transportation Coordinator
Education Management, 201-500 employees
October 10, 2016

“Parent Locker”

OverallI have found Parent Locker to be a very useful tool! It is easy to use.... It's set up logically - and one can navigate through the system with minimal training. In addition, I've found the customer support to be excellent. It's refreshing to have a vendor spend time on a phone call - to truly understand the issue/request for system changes. I was very pleased with the quick turn-around time, too - and the follow up. Our system changes were made the same day - and we received an email to ensure that we were satisfied with those changes - and that nothing more was needed. Working with Parent Locker has been a positive experience & I would recommend the system.
ProsIt's easy to pull necessary data - and it's easy to navigate the system.
ConsI wish that we could manipulate the reports as an end user - so that the data could appear in various formats. Also - I'd like to see a reverse look-up of telephone numbers & email addresses. Lastly - the system opens an additional window when account information is viewed from a student's information page. I don't feel that the info should be displayed in new tabs....
October 10, 2016
Sharon M.
Assistant Principal
October 5, 2016

“ParentLocker”

OverallWe have been utilizing ParentLocker for a number of years for Teacher-Parent communications, report cards, Parent-Teacher conferences, lesson plans and homework communications. We have had a positive experience with the program and find it easy to use. It is accessible to parents, teachers and administrators alike. The tutorials that ParentLocker provides are simple and user friendly and the updates are always timely. Occasionally there are questions or features of the program that are unfamiliar. For these items, it would be helpful to have a help feature that could give an overview of how to use it. However, when we seek support, the ParentLocker team is quick to respond. Overall we find this program useful and compatible with our needs and recommend it for use by other schools.
ProsPlease see previous comments
October 5, 2016
sigal a.
Secretary

“Easy and Quick to Use”

OverallParent Locker is very easy to use. I love how I can access parent info with a click of a button, how easy it is to change info around to make it more accommodating for admin users. I also appreciate and love how customer service is so nice and quick to fix minor issues and in answering all my questions!
ProsI like how when I search for a parent or a child all their info is right there with one click of a button. All the child's info parents info, etc. its easy to edit and to use. Its self-explanatory also which helps a lot if I ever needed editing.
Consone thing I would like to change is the labels. I would like to have access and be able to open the labels from Parent Locker into a word document and be able to modify the labels if needed in terms of its font and size.
Aviva M.
Administrative assistant
June 9, 2017

“Love this database! So easy to use and has great customer service. Love everything about it! ”

OverallWe are able to maintain our database and not have program errors like our previous program. Worst part is we didn't get this program years ago, but now that we have it, it's great. Can't wait for you to add a money component.
ProsLove everything about this program! Can't wait for it to have money/ business portion added so we can get rid of our other system. Wish it also seperated divorced parents better.
June 9, 2017
marisa C.
Admin
November 14, 2017

“program for schools to keep track of students work,parents info, grades, student info, staff info.”

ProsHas all the information needed in one place instead of different websites or programs. Ease of use.
ConsAt times it can have issues or problems when saving things or when sending out emails and it completely swipes everything out.
November 14, 2017
Heidi G.
Administrator
Education Management, 11-50 employees

“Parentlocker is great!”

OverallWe have now been using PL for 3 or 4 school years. Each year the program offers more in terms of flexibility and ease of use. The behind the scenes support is accessible and responsive. We have only positive things to say about the Parentlocker team.
Laura W.
Admin Assistant
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
September 28, 2016

“Best App for keeping parents in the loop of all things going on at school!”

OverallEasy to use as a parent and as an educator. As a parent I loved knowing about homework assignments. On the administrative side, setting up conferencing, report cards, and pulling documentation couldn't be easier.
ProsEase of use
ConsLabel Making
Aviva M.
Administration

“Best Software Ever!”

OverallI've worked in many schools and have used many different programs - this is by far the best program I have ever used!
ProsEverything!
ConsThere is no financial part of the software (YET!)
Recommendations to other buyersYou ask and you shall receive - we have
Randi O.
Director of Teaching and Learning
Education Management, 11-50 employees

“Excellent program ”

OverallWe love using Parentlocker as a school. It is so easy to use and the parents love it as well. Any issues are dealt with immediately and our questions are always thoroughly answered. The teachers love its ease and accessibility.
ProsIt is very easy to use and navigate through.
ConsIt does not have everything I would like it to have.
Recommendations to other buyersI suggest most people use it for their school.
Marisa C.
Admin
May 29, 2018

“Software program for schools to keep student and parent documents/info”

ProsThe software is really easy to use compared to other programs. It is very user friendly and you are able to access items quickly and with ease.
ConsIt does not contain many features that other software programs for schools do have, but even though it is missing features. In my opinion it is still better then other programs.
May 29, 2018
Dina K.
PARENT
April 21, 2016

“excellent overall”

OverallIt took me a little while at the beginning to figure out where things were located- how to find the report card, how to find the partent teacher conference schedule. It is not so clear. BUt now that I know, the rest of it runs smoothly. THe sign up for partent teacher conference is MUCH MUCH better than the system at my other children's schools. A pleasure! I don't have to go searching separately for who my childs teachers are, I din't jhave to keep looking to see if Ialready signed up for a particular teacher (when you have only one kid in a school its not a big deal, but with multiple kids it can get confusing quickly) I typed 5 for customer service, because it insisted I put in an anser and does notgive not applicable as an possibility. But in truth I haven't used the customer service, so its annoying that you make me answer. Put in a not applicable button!
April 21, 2016
Sarah K.
Teacher
May 10, 2018

“Very easy to communicate with parents ”

ProsI can do it from my phone! I can log in and send pictures and information to my parents instantly. It's very user friendly. I like that it's separated by class.
ConsI can only upload one picture at a time. But that maybe my phone's issue not the actual program. I use the website, not an app
May 10, 2018
Wendy N.
Parent
May 4, 2018

“Helps me stay in touch”

ProsI like that I can easily stay in touch with the school and teachers. The daily email on homework is great for me to know what is due and when through the app. When the school has events like Jazz band and science nights I get reminders this is very helpful.
ConsOne of the options for scheduling parent conferences did not work for me. I scheduled it however it never posted on the calendar. Disappointed.
May 4, 2018
Shari W.
October 6, 2016

“Parent Locker Rocks!”

OverallThe ease of use, and user friendly approach for both parents and teachers makes it an ideal program for any school. Parent Locker is constantly striving to improve on what is already an amazing program and they listen to our feedback. Customer support is great. I deal with Daniel and he is a genius. He is there to help and no question is considered "silly". They want you to learn the program and it is there pleasure to answer your concerns. Generating reports is easy and sending emails is a cinch. If you try this program I know you won't be disappointed.
ProsEase of Use. User friendly. Many aspects are self explanatory.
ConsNo cons really. It works for us. Would just love a user manual for the office staff to use.
October 6, 2016
bryan h.
teacher
October 9, 2019

“Parent Involvment”

OverallOverall I really enjoyed using this software. I would recommend this software to anyone.
ProsThis software is very user friendly. The system helps us be more efffective in alternative school. The parents really love it becasue it gives them a chance to be more involved in their childs education.
ConsThe fact the this software is very effective menas that there isn't anything i could say negative about it. They continue to work to try and make it a better product.
October 9, 2019
David K.
Executive Director
January 3, 2017

“Best Educational Software out there!”

OverallIn addition to being intuitive, clean and quick Parent Locker requires minimum clicks to get the information you are looking for. Parents are enthused with the Student Organizer, easy PTC scheduler and online Admissions/Registration process.
ProsClean, intuitive and easy to use out of the box
ConsDoesn't have financial application :( They promise it's coming!
Recommendations to other buyersThis will make your administrators, educators and parents very happy!
January 3, 2017
Lisa B.
Director of Technology
April 11, 2016

“As an administrator of the Parent Locker system for grades T-8 I have had the best experience.”

OverallThe system is highly customized, extremely user friendly, very flexible and an absolute pleasure to use. The customer support is outstanding, and response turn around time is lightning fast. Since we began using the system, our staff has been more communicative with our parent body. Both school and home are happy. This can't be said of many school management programs out there. Believe me, I have tried many!
moshe D.
January 17, 2017

“Dont waste your time on other products ! Parent locker IS IT ! ”

OverallThe product is superb, useful , and easy to use . It has become THE software for our school . Daniel and his team are super responsive and a pleasure to deal with . Our school has had several other products before using Parent Locker but none come close .
January 17, 2017
Rabbi L.
September 27, 2016

“Amazing Program Just Slightly Under Staffed”

OverallWe LOVE ParentLocker, and all that it has to offer. We just wish that the responses to e-mails and calls were better. When you get someone on the phone or to respond via e-mail the problem gets fixed immediately, however, until they respond takes a very long time!
rachelle r.
September 27, 2016

“Parent Locker is the BEST”

OverallDaniel and his team are always there for us at Haftr Middle School -Nothing is ever too much. The site is simple to navigate and is always being updated to make it even better. We have been using parent locker for many years and I cannot remember a time we were not completely satisfied.
Karen R.

“Great software product”

OverallWe've been using ParentLocker for about 5 years and love it. We tried another school software program, but it's features were not nearly as good as ParentLocker's. We find them to be prompt with customer service, easy to use for parents, teachers and administrators.
Melissa O.
Planning
April 27, 2016

“Helps me keep my four children's school requirements and activities quite organized ansimple to h”

OverallThere are no cons I can think of: -easily ready teachers via email -quickly review my children's test scores and grades - saves time and money from paper water - keeps my 4 children's schedules and grades simple to recall and review
April 27, 2016
Hanna S.
Technology
April 12, 2016

“More intuitive than anything else I've seen!”

OverallWe love using ParentLocker at our school because it is so easy for our administrators, teachers and parents to use. Everything is in one place and they are constantly making improvements according to their customer needs. Great product!
Ed F.
Executive Director
April 11, 2016

“Great experience with ParentLocker”

OverallVery powerful system for maintaining basic parent/student data, grades, etc. The team is very responsive to customer service issues and welcomes suggestions from clients. We are anxiously awaiting the unveiling of the financial piece of the system!
Pinchus I.
January 16, 2017

“Parent Locker has been a wonderful addition to our school!”

OverallWe introduced parent Locker to our school this year and it has been an asset from the onset. Easy to use it gets the information to parents and staff in an easy and efficient way!
ProsEasy to use!
January 16, 2017
Steve S.

“Super site”

OverallI enjoy all the aspects f the site and the easy use of the site. I use it to keep parents informed about test scores and missed homeworks. This year I plan to use the area for grades that the site has available.
Naomi F.
October 7, 2016

“North Shore Hebrew Academy”

OverallOur school has been using Parent Locker for three years, and it's been the solution to all of our needs relating to attendance, report cards, emails, and schedules.
Chana K.

“Love Parent Locker”

OverallOur school uses Parent Locker and I am extremely satisfied with its overall ease and intuitiveness. We are also very happy with the customer service.
Beth B.
Educational Director/Teacher
April 11, 2016

“Parent Locker is extremely user friendly! So easy to use as a parent and as a teacher!”

OverallNo cons, only pros! Just found the whole experience so easy!
steven p.
AP
April 11, 2016

“in my school for 6 years. easy to use and great customer service”

OverallThe program is intuitive and can accommodate many different types of users
judy s.
office manager
April 12, 2016

“use it daily for parent communication and data reports”

Overallvery user friendly. support team is great