Pandora FMS Ratings

Overall

About Pandora FMS

Pandora FMS is the most flexible monitoring solution. It is ideal for medium and big-sized environments with at least 100 devices. With just one tool, you can monitor any device, infrastructure, application, IT and business processes and services. Its use goes beyond the purely technical aspect since it allows the business layers to obtain information from their concerns in real time, visualizing the data in a direct way from a single tool. Learn more about Pandora FMS

Olin S.
Director of Information Security and Technology
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

“Pandora FM(ye)S Please!!”

OverallStarted with the virtual appliance which made testing the product easy for evaluation. Once the decision was made it was decided to build as per the easy to follow instructions on the website for a CentOS distribution. It has been a solid experience backed with support by Pandora FMS team and the community. Customization was simple with the module library.
ProsPandora FMS allows our company to accurately maintain an up to the minute easy to digest visual on inventory and security through out our network for certain industry compliance of workstations and servers. We are a multi OS environment and Pandora FMS fits nicely as it supports all our Operating Systems with provided modules.
ConsBetter support for custom themes would be greatly appreciated. Ability to have a dashboard with all assets displayed with quick hover over status. Think at-a-glance style view of all assets on one page. Would make it easy for Data center admins to get an overall picture.

By Artica Soluciones Tecnologicas on July 25, 2019
Thank you Olin for taking the time to do a review! Kind regards
Chris B.
Technical Support Manager
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
April 18, 2019

“PandoraFMS in a proactive environment”

OverallI've spent a lot of time working with and discussing our needs for monitoring, functionality and reporting with support and development, we've always been able to add to the software functionality to meet our needs whilst keeping the functionality useful to all. Support and Development have been very keen to discuss needs.
ProsAs our business grew, we took on a number of products to allow us to monitor, report and alert on the devices we supply and manage. over time we have outgrown each. when we looked at PandoraFMS we were impressed that we could deploy many servers in layers with a common central dashboard, making management easy. We also recognised that 'out of the box' monitoring didn't always meet our needs, in a lot of cases systems monitor many things that are irrelevant to us which ties up resource and storage to collect and keep this data that never gets looked at. PandoraFMS allows us to select the items we want to monitor and keep the data focused to our needs.
ConsDeployment was very manual, however once we'd gone through setting this up for our needs using plugin server, it allows us to keep adding more and more monitored devices, each the same as the last.
April 18, 2019
Luis (Abe) Ibrahim D.
System Administrator
Outsourcing/Offshoring, Self-employed
May 19, 2019

“A feature rich alternative to monitoring solutions”

OverallThe general feeling that Pandora FMS transmits is of robustness, at no time do you have the feeling that something is missing or that some module can do something else. It is a highly flexible and multiplatform solution that offers the possibility of monitoring a wide type of systems. If for any reason the element you need to monitor does not have a predefined module or plugin in Pandora you can always create a custom and specific script for what you need and through the "DataServer" process the responses to generate alerts and notifications without losing any of the functionalities that the web console offers. Additionally, the incorporation of Tentacle as transfer protocol simplifies the deployment process, while ensuring a transparent, fast and secure transfer of the information generated from and to the "Software Agents". On the other hand, by implementing the solution from ISO based on Centos we will have preconfigured Cron Jobs that will be in charge of keeping our database in optimal conditions, ensuring the maximum performance of the solution. That for me is a great plus because it is not usual and if your knowledge in database management is not the most remarkable you don't have to worry about this task. Being a solution running on Linux gives us an excellent relationship between hardware requirements and the number of agents that can be managed effectively, which can be up to 2000 agents using only 4GB of RAM, which today is a fairly modest amount.
ProsUser Experience: The interface is clean and friendly, also the separation between regular users and administrators is well defined without giving the sensation of missing tools or features. On the contrary, there is always some additional tool.
ConsThe definition of local Software Agents in the OpenSource version can become tedious during the initial deployment in multiple Agents. However, the Enterprise version covers this detail, allowing centralized administration and deployment from the web console.
May 19, 2019
siemen M.
Support engineer.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
February 8, 2019

“review”

OverallThe best thing about working with pandora FMS is the amazing support. if there ever is a game breaking bug introduced. or a feature not working as expected the support team is able to make a hot-fix within hours of filing the bug. Most of the time the fix is pushed within 2 hours.
Prosin comparison with most monitoring software the software is incredibly easy to use. It does 95 % of what we want it to and the remainder is currently waiting on new features which have been added to the road map.
ConsThe software has a tendency to introduce tiny bugs each release. None of them are breaking in any way. but it feels like there is always 1 tiny thing which is not working as expected. most of them are fixed within 1 release which takes about 3 weeks.

By Artica Soluciones Tecnologicas on February 25, 2019
Thank you very much Siemen for your review. Best regards, Pandora FMS team
February 8, 2019
Axel A.
Systems Architect
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
July 9, 2019

“The swiss-army knife of monitoring solutions”

ProsIts flexibility to adapt to new technologies: we've found no application, server or cloud provider that couldn't be monitored.
ConsIt's not as out-of-the-box as they say. This solution requires proper training to get the 100% out of it.

By Artica Soluciones Tecnologicas on July 25, 2019
Thank you Axel for taking the time to do a review of Pandora FMS. Have a nice day!
Ibor R.
CIO / CISO / CTO Director de Sistemas y tecnología
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1001-5000 employees
January 18, 2019

“Great to control everything that is online”

OverallWe can detect every posible problem before it happens
ProsIt is easy and covers a full range of rules
ConsSometimes it can be a bit overfunctional

By Artica Soluciones Tecnologicas on January 21, 2019
Ibor thank you for your feedback, and for taking the time to review our software. Best Regards Pandora FMS team
Jordi V.
System Administrator
Education Management, 51-200 employees
October 19, 2016

“Excelent for monitoring my lan”

Overall I did very well to monitor my network infrastructure. Quickly see the status of all my printers, switch, computers, virtual machines to know if any system has fallen. I recommend this software for all systems administrator.

By Artica Soluciones Tecnologicas on October 20, 2016
Jordi, thanks for your feedback and comment. We are happy to know you are using and doing the best with our software. Thanks so much for taking your time to review our product. Best Regards Javier
October 19, 2016
Santiago M.
sysadmin
May 18, 2016

“Keeping it flexible and looking good.”

OverallRecently, as a self taught programmer, I've been dabbing into the thought of setting up a personal server, and sooner or later starting to monitor my (ever-growing) infrastructure. During my research on the software side of things for this process, I've come across many monitoring solutions. The one that has most drawn my attention would probably be Pandora FMS. Firstly because they offer the chance to decide wether you'll need to pay for their Enterprise Edition, or if you'll stick with the open source Community Edition. That to me is a big factor since my infrastructure doesn't have the size and doesn't generate the need to pay in order to keep it monitored for now. In this sense, Pandora FMS has a very large edge over others. Furthermore, the fact that the developers are from Spain, and although I know English, make any possible language barrier in general easier to surpass for me,considering I'm from Perú. I know this may sound as a silly thing to rescue on a product review, but being able to receive support in your own language is always something that I'm very grateful for. Don't get me wrong, their support mainly replies and communicates in English, but in case you're a Spanish speaker, this might appeal to you as well.
Jimmy O.
programmer
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
January 18, 2019

“Pandora FMS and how is necessary to be informed about your machines”

OverallReally cool, makes me grow in my knowledge with a lot of topics all necessary for Local Area Network administration (and remote too).
ProsThe "Recon Server" makes a quick and clean work; after a week the "Prediction Server" takes advantage!
ConsFor Debian/Ubuntu maybe a little tricky; the configuration interface maybe hard at glance because is for general purpose along all the program.

By Artica Soluciones Tecnologicas on February 7, 2019
Thank you Jimmy for your review, and for taking the time to write about us on Capterra. Best Regards Pandora FMS team
Gerson M.
IT Consultant
January 11, 2018

“Amazing software for small businesses”

OverallI was able to obtain interesting information about machines and mobile devices. I am impressed
ProsAmazing software for small businesses. I am a consultant dedicated to install Lync and Skype for Business over large companies. But this product has nothing to envy over those big names companies. Performance is seriously good specially when you discover that it can run even over a VM. I highly recommend the use of this product for small businesses. SOme of the features are not even available on other more expensive products.
ConsSupport for old versions is not the best. And the life cycle seems to be very short. But you get what you pay.
January 11, 2018
Matt B.
sysadmin
May 18, 2016

“A really complete toolkit”

OverallAs a self employed sysadmin, I manage infrastructures for third parties on a daily basis. After trying to monitor efficiently with other solutions, I have come to the conclusion that in terms of price and practicality, Pandora FMS just has very little competition. Basically they're offering a better service and more customisation options than any other monitoring solution out there, for basically a fraction of the price. Plus they still offer their Open Source Community Edition, which is great to just explore the software or use it on medium sized infrastructures. Really, even if it's open source it's quite powerful. I personally use the Enterprise Edition because of some additional features it has compared to the Community version, but I'd still recommend any of both as solutions for your everyday monitoring. Pandora FMS helps me keep a more organised dashboard configuration for each of my customers, and makes me be more efficient when completing processes for them.
Tiziana D.
freelance consultant
May 18, 2016

“Highly recommendable monitoring solution ”

OverallI just recently discovered Pandora FMS a few years back and am surprised how far its come along in terms of development and integrations. In its latest version we can see how its ease of use and general development have been improved upon largely. It's always been about pure flexibility and customisation, and it just keeps growing in that aspect. You're never going to have to see information about your infrastructure that you consider you don't need. As an IT consultant for medium and large businesses I always recommend it as a less costly alternative to Zabbix or Nagios, since it provides the same features and more at a much lesser price. Apart from this, I'm very glad to have had the chance to be in touch with the team behind this software and now that they are very willing to help make a company's work as easy as possible with their product. Apart from that, their general customer service is very efficient and has a very special way with customers which always proves to be helpful.
Franco N.
Administrator Infrastructure
Entertainment, 51-200 employees
October 3, 2019

“Managing Pandora FMS”

OverallI prefer used this tools because its to good for initiators in this world of monitoring servers,routers,etc and it is easy to notification with chats online (slack)
ProsInterface web is really good, not requiered too many knowledge to get report and graphs
ConsI think that way to get and add agents its little difficult in comparison with other toosl (prtg)
October 3, 2019
Jorge S.
secondary education teacher
Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees
May 31, 2019

“Pandora FMS”

ProsWhat I liked most about this software was that I can motorize all kinds of elements. What is better is that only with one tool you can do all kinds of things: as a network motorization, service-oriented motorization, application motorization and many other things, but for me the best are those three.
ConsAt the moment nothing bad has come up because what I have been using has not given me problems so I am satisfied

By Artica Soluciones Tecnologicas on June 3, 2019
Thank you very much Jorge for your review. Best regards, Pandora FMS team
May 31, 2019
Alexandre P.
Network engineer
Banking, 1001-5000 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
May 14, 2019

“Pandora FMS for monitor my entire network”

ProsWhat I liked most about this software was its ease of use and implementation.
ConsLacks support for some major manufacturers

By Artica Soluciones Tecnologicas on June 3, 2019
Thank you very much Alexandre for your review. Best regards, Pandora FMS team
May 14, 2019
Aleister F.
May 18, 2016

“Great class example and even better find! ”

OverallAs a teacher at an University I use Pandora as part of a group of software examples when explaining networks and their monitoring. I'm really glad to be able to use this software, it's one of the rare few monitoring solutions that doesn't resort to being based on Nagios code and actually proposes a lot of new things to challenge students with. As a personal user, I agree that it's a great monitoring solution in general it includes a more than decent amount of features and integrations, even in its community edition. In general, I would recommend it for large infrastructures because of the possibilities it offers.
Javier F.
IT Consultant
May 11, 2016

“Pandora FMS made my day”

OverallI was looking for a monitoring solution to monitor more than 50 databases (different brands such as Mysql and Oracle), after a while I found a complete solution to add to the same dashboard every single application (CRM, Ticketing System, ...) of the infrastructure along with key performance indicator like RAM, CPU, Disk memory, bandwidth, etc It took me one day to handle the product and start adding other components to the monitoring dashboard. Quite flexible and easy to adapt. Cons: I miss some templates by default to start monitoring as soon as possible
May 11, 2016
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
September 30, 2019

“Use Pandora FMS ”

Prosvery easy to use and intuitive. Very easy to start monitoring.
ConsIts difficult to add agent to console and migrate to upper version
September 30, 2019
Donald A.
Entertainment, 11-50 employees
May 24, 2018

“Use the software for monitoring internal networks.”

OverallAllows me to see potential future issues with the network.
ProsPandora FMS is a flexible and highly scalable monitoring system ready for big environments. It doesn't matter what network you are using.
ConsThe software tends to overwork the system and overload the core. In doing so it slows the network and operating systems of the computers being monitored.
May 24, 2018