AssetTiger Ratings

Overall

About AssetTiger

AssetTiger is a free (for first 250 assets) easy to use, fully functioning solution for all your fixed asset management needs. The program offers all of your assets at your fingertips in a sleek, easy-to-understand, custom website. Link your worksites around the world with access whenever you need it. As long as you can connect to the internet, you can access our system from your computer, smartphone, or tablet eliminating needs to purchase extra equipment. Learn more about AssetTiger

Cindy B.
Closeout Specialist & HR Administrator
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
April 22, 2018

“The Solution We've Been Waiting For!”

OverallThis is going to cut down the time spent and headaches from trying to manage our assets (and their maintenance!) tenfold!
ProsObviously the best thing about this software is that it's a full-featured asset management system with no subscription fees! We have been using a very limited database that integrates with Google Drive (Obvibase), which served its purpose for the first five years of business, but as our assets grow, we need something heftier. We're a small company, so we're not going to be able to fork over thousands of dollars to subscribe to some of Asset Tiger's competitors (and honestly, we don't need the majority of the bells and whistles). When I first read about Asset Tiger, I was skeptical, but I read more about it and decided to try it out. It's free for customers who buy tags, so I ordered some free samples and started to familiarize myself with the software. It was very intuitive and easy to use. I'm sure I haven't figured out all the finer details, and we would have some work to do to get everything rolled out to employees to start using, but it's fantastic so far. The graphical user interface is nice, and it's easy to set up. I exported from our old database, downloaded their import template, moved my exported file around to match, and imported our database in under 20 minutes. We're impressed. It's turning a task I used to hate into one I'm a little excited about.
ConsThere is only one thing that I tried to do that couldn't be done so far, and that was to run a report showing only assets. I did a simple workaround - I added a new field that I'll add the word "TRUE" in for these items as they're added. I also sorted the list by most expensive to least expensive, checked all the items, and batch-added this attribute. Then I ran a custom report for all items with that attribute designated as TRUE, and it worked.
April 22, 2018
Kevin H.
IT Director
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
March 12, 2018

“I would gladly give them my money, but it's free!”

OverallWe get a great product with excellent support and it costs us nothing. This is important since we are a church that relies on donations to continue forward.
ProsThis AM software has a million features that you should be paying for, but the tool is free. There are a ton of canned reports and you can customize them or make your own. Check things in, check them out. Track when they are broken or fixed. Attach all of your photos and purchasing documents to the asset in the tool. I thought it was great and then I found the auditing feature. What??? You can use this tool to perform an audit, and it's free? I found a data mismatch in a report and sent it in to the support team. They fixed it...and fast. It was like support from a paid product, but this product is free. Take my money already! Asset Tiger is fantastic!
ConsAs some have stated, there is a limited amount of documentation on some of the more complex features. You just have to suss it out yourself. But that's fine because you learn by making mistakes and by configuring and trying the tool. Once you are done figuring it out, you know the tool that much better.
March 12, 2018
S.P. v.
Head of technical department
December 28, 2017

“Used it for our church inventory, great tool to use with a lot of features. Nice having it for free.”

ProsIt's complete with: multiple users, multiple sites, multiple locations and multiple departments. The software offers a complete financial projection of your inventory, your TCO of your inventory and the status of every piece of equipment. What I like best is the different statuses a piece can have. Is it broken and for reparair, is it broken and thrown away, what's the cost of the repair, what's the cost in case of a new one...it all adds up in the completeness of the software. Also great is the app that's available, at least for iOS (don't know for Android). It can do almost the same as the web version. In the end what's a good part is that you can number your equipment so you can label it, maintain it and track it. As soon as you start using this it's kind of keeping it up to date and maintain it. Every time something happens to a piece you need to administrate it so your inventory is right. It's totally a great tool for a company or any NGO.
ConsIt looks like it needs the asset tags that this company offers. It's not a requirement but it probably helps tracking your inventory. One thing I noticed is that you can't remove your account in case you don't need the software anymore (for whatever reason). If so, you need to contact support and they will help you remove your account, very easy and very fast.
December 28, 2017
Lee A.
System Administrator
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
March 29, 2018

“Software is amazing. Smart business strategy. Go with this tool you will not be dissapointed.”

Overallsaves me money, saves me time, is easy to use. Makes me look like a professional.
ProsThe software is free, does everything we need it to do. Looks professional, allows for reporting for management. Is a real win IT wise. We switched from a few Asset management systems that were free. This one blows them out of the water. I manage the MSP operations for my company. This allows me to manage multiple sites uniquely. put notes on equipment for maintenance, check in / out equipment to individual users or locations. You can even break down the locations by rooms / area's or floors or in theory the desk that the equipment sits at. will help calculate depreciation of equipment, for tax purposes at the end of the year.
ConsIt's good. My only concern is when something is free your the product. I'm curious to know what they are skimming off of the database to sell our information. Yes i feel obligated to buy their labels for my assets, whcih isn't required. I just do it because I WANT to pay them back for this great service. Still the skeptic in me is still waiting for the gotcha.
March 29, 2018
Joe H.
Sysadmin
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
March 23, 2017

“Great App, Helpful Staff”

OverallWith free asset tracking software, I was a little skeptical whether it would actually be useful. Very pleasantly surprised as we began to use the software. Simple, intuitive design makes navigating the app and web interfaces both feel natural. One issue I did have was with scanning 2D barcodes, I was getting a random number, and not what the scan should have read. A quick email to the support staff, they answered within the hour, and pointed out what I was doing wrong. There is an option in the Android and iOS app to select 1D or 2D barcodes, I had the wrong one selected. Simple mistake on my part, but helpful that they pointed it out, and fast. Scanning the tags into the database makes the asset onboarding much faster. The philosophy behind Asset Tiger is: buy better labels, and don't let asset tracking software bog down the tag. It's won me over. I just appreciate that MyAssetTag cares about their customers' needs beyond the physical label itself - enter Asset Tiger. Fields are totally customizable, you can set triggers, everything can be queried. Nothing over the top, but not too basic. Right in the sweet spot of: Work it takes to setup and use VS. How does this software make my life easier? To me, AssetTiger makes the label more useful, which brings more life to the software. Recursive usefulness. 10/10 - would buy again.
ProsFree Easy to Navigate Strong, capable data storage, in the cloud Support team responded fast and accurately
ConsFirst time users could use a little more direction
March 23, 2017
Chris R.
Director of Information Services
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
December 12, 2016

“Better Than The Paid Solutions!”

OverallAfter purchasing and using several expensive solutions, and after being frustrated with AssetPanda, I happened across AssetTiger accidentally. It was the find of the year!! We are super happy with the product and can't believe it is free! There are a few areas where there could be some improvement. I would like to see Active Directory integration for employees. It would be nice to have a few more options like being able to easily search for employees. And I would like to see the option to have consumable assets such as toner cartridges, projector bulbs, etc... We could then keep track of repair parts and smaller item inventory. The browser-based version of AssetTiger works way better than the mobile app. The mobile app is nice because you can use the camera on any smartphone to scan barcodes, but it's slow and glitchy. I only use the mobile app if there is no way for me to use the browser-based software. I have not tried third party scanners with it. But really that is nitpicking! We've found workarounds for everything AssetTiger doesn't do. Given the fact that it's free makes me feel somewhat guilty for bringing them up! I absolutely love this solution and would absolutely recommend it!!
ProsWeb (cloud) based. Free Intuitive and simple
ConsNo directory integration. The mobile app is slow and glitchy. No ability (yet) to keep track of consumable items such as paper, office supplies, etc...
December 12, 2016
Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees
June 1, 2018

“I love AssetTiger. We bought asset tags and got this awesome software for free!”

ProsBesides being free, what I really like about this offering is how packed with features it is. It is so customizable. I can set up any category I want and include some to show up only if I make certain choices. You can run and automate reports, set column order to your preferences, set specific roles for others and so much more. I got asset tags from myassettag.com and ended up with this wonderful software to support me after the purchase.
ConsI have not found anything that I do not like about this software yet. It functions well, is never down and support is good.
June 1, 2018
Josh B.
Warehouse Manager
Construction, 51-200 employees
November 14, 2017

“A cost friendly option with alot of features for my company to manage and track assets ”

OverallThe ability to see at a glance where our costs are going for our assets. The ability to view the life of those assets, ease of know what I have available and what is currently deployed to the field and who has those items.
ProsOne of the things I like most is the ability to not only track your items but also that you can track documentation for the items, maintenance, life of the items, and also that you can include a picture of items for easy reference when dealing with part numbers. Being able to scan via your cell phone is also a plus.
ConsThere are few things I do not like about the software but one is that I can not customize my audit requirements as I would like. I think the software was built for tracking office assets and I want to re-purpose it for use with construction tools. Tracking who has them, how long, when specific certifications are do etc. However this being built on office tracking it requires me to keep track of a location. Currently working with a rep to see if there is any type of work around for this. If so then I would have nothing negative to say about a free software for tracking thousands of dollars in my companys assets.
November 14, 2017
Scott L.
Media Production Coordinator
Media Production, 1-10 employees
May 19, 2017

“Spectacular. Can't believe this is free.”

OverallIn a department that produces video content on a daily basis, it's important to know where all assets are at all times, when assets break, and who checked assets out. AssetTiger helped us move away from pen and paper and into a robust method of tracking equipment.
ProsVery detailed asset management Broad customization of reports, user permissions, and asset details Calendar displays due dates for assets checked out or leased
ConsInability (for now, at least) to perform batch check-outs; only one item can be selected at a time. With bar codes on everything, I'd like to be able to quickly scan all items and then approve/submit the lot. Adding a new customer must be done prior to leasing an item to him/her. The opportunity to add a new customer from within the new lease dialog would be a big time saver. No option to prompt user to check out dependent items If a user checks out a camera I would like to be able to prompt the user to also check out a battery of the proper type depending on which camera was checked out. These are more feature requests than cons. Adding these features would put this product miles over the top!
May 19, 2017
Diane D.
Project Administrator
April 24, 2017

“So easy to set up and use”

OverallWe added over 500 construction tools into the database & tracking is now so easy. Love the built in reports! Since all our tools were already being tracked in Access, it was easy to transfer them to an Excel Spreadsheet and load them up into the site. I only wish we could delete the Location feature as we don't use it but it's locked in. No big deal. Being able to check things in and out using a smartphone is really great, no extra equipment to buy and potentially lose. I also like that I can attach user manuals to the item so its accessible to people in the field. They really thought of everything. Very happy and definitely recommend.
ProsIt's very user friendly and they've really thought out what user's need.
ConsI'd like to be able to delete the Location tracker as we don't use it but other than that, I'm very happy.
April 24, 2017
Tony S.
Director of Technology
Education Management, 51-200 employees
May 12, 2017

“Best asset inventory service that I have found. Easy to use and graphically pleasing.”

OverallAsset tracking and ease of use for employees to check-in and check-out devices for use.
Pros- Easy to add customized fields for what you want to track - Upload users for asset assignment is easy - Phone app that works and is just as easy as the web application - Detailed reports and audits - Shows history of actions for each asset (who had what, check-in/check-out, maintenance, etc) - Easy to import assets from another system
Cons- Would like to see a better way to edit or remove bulk users. Being a school district, students leave the district all the time. It would be great to have a mass remove or mass edit feature instead of deleting on at a time.
May 12, 2017
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
December 4, 2018

“AssetTiger”

OverallOverall, AssetTiger is a great asset tracking software platform. It allows small businesses to track their assets as well cost and location of the assets. It is a must if you don't have an asset tracking system yet.
ProsWe have been using AssetTiger for a little under a year now and we love it. It makes asset tracking and taging very easy. The system is user friendly and is customizable to a degree. We have been able to track assets domestically as well as internationally with ease. The best part is the software platform is free!
ConsWe have found no cons sp far since using this system. The system does well for us and we have had no complaints.
December 4, 2018
Anthony C.
Building Operations Manager
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
March 24, 2019

“AssetTiger - User friendly way to keep track of your company assets”

OverallAssetTiger has helped the company become more organized with assets that are purchased. When it comes to either security, accountability, or for insurance purposes, AssetTiger keeps your asset data at the palm of your hand.
Pros- Free to use if you buy the asset tags. - Easy to import existing assets as well as employees - Easy to upload custom images for each asset - Ability to view asset data from the dashboard - Individual assets can be assigned to users or sites, as well as have additional data tracking such as warranty, repair, etc. - Ability to download the native app and scan assets with your phone.
Cons- They now just started to limit the number of assets you can add for free, not so sure I like that. - There isn't a way to add notes about a specific asset, only when assigning to someone or some site.
March 24, 2019
Garret H.
IT Director
Primary/Secondary Education, 1001-5000 employees
September 10, 2019

“Our daily asset tracker!”

OverallSince we purchase asset tags this software is included with. For "free"ish we can't argue with what AssetTiger has truly helped us with.
ProsWe have been using assettiger for about a year and overall asset tracking has been made super easy. A great feature they offer is being able to scan from a mobile device. We use ipads to easily travel around and scan asset tags.
ConsNow I can't be 100% sure but it seems sometimes the web client does not update. On occasion we have noticed some users not being updated correctly.
September 10, 2019
Don A.
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
July 28, 2016

“Finally a company who gets it!”

OverallI found this software not even looking for asset tracking software. I had long given up on that search and was looking for asset tags. I found asset tags along with them saying try our free cloud-based asset tracking software. I went in not expecting much, but was absolutely blown away by what I found. Now if old I had this 3 years ago...
ProsEasy to setup, and import assets and users into. I had the initial import of users and assets done in less than 30 minutes, and most of that delay was due to me not having certain fields (description) filled in for some assets. There is a difference between users and employees (i.e. not every employee needs a user login to this system). Um, it's free!
ConsI wish the scanner could be used to scan in other barcodes, like serial numbers for example. If that is possible, then I missed it.

By SmartSign on July 28, 2016
Thank you so much, Don! We're glad you found us. Keep an eye out for an app update in the near future with upgraded scanning capabilities.
July 28, 2016
Ed S.
Information Systems Analyst
Government Administration, 51-200 employees
May 3, 2018

“AssetTiger is a very capable entry-level asset management tool.”

OverallI was able to spin up an inventory collection process for an urgent project that would have taken much longer to build from scratch.
ProsThe user interface is clean, colorful and well organized. Most of the functions and features are presented intuitively in the menu system. The Smartphone app is excellent and has surprisingly fast and accurate 1D barcode scanning feature. Web site response time is also excellent and the default reports are very useful.
ConsAsset searches have single-criterion AND parameters. Logic for "OR" and "NOT" are missing. Some tables are exportable, but no relational elements are provided (e.g. primary key). There is no backup function available. I would like the software more if it had a user-controlled backup/snapshot function and a way to export all of the tables, including keys so that the database could be reconstructed.
May 3, 2018
Nigel L.
Company Director
May 7, 2018

“Fantastic Software - Epic Customer Support”

ProsSo easy to use, fast inputting, predictive inputting, totally adjustable to my company's requirements. Super-fast customer service (email back about a technical matter in under 5 minutes). Great search functions. I have been looking for this type of software for so many years - and I am so happy I have found it in this company, it is exactly what I ned for the amount of equipment I have (Over 1000 items). I am using the software for tracking theatre lighting equipment and have adapted it to record my PAT testing and maintenance records. When my clients need a copy of my PAT test records - I can just print them off!
ConsVery little, had a small problem updating company info at the start but that was soon sorted out by technical support in minutes.
May 7, 2018
Nicholas M.
Service Manger
Construction, 51-200 employees
August 27, 2019

“Mechanical Contracto”

OverallOverall it has been very easy. We did not know about the software aspect and our introduction came from a tag order.
ProsThe ease of set up from the ground up. We did not have any asset tracking prior to finding this software and it has been great.
ConsThe UI is a little cumbersome and the feature for facilitating the status of an asset does not always cater to our needs. We have adapted to work around this.
August 27, 2019
Roger S.
Tech Dir
May 31, 2018

“This product is Amazing! ”

ProsThe user interface is good and easy to use. Has many nice reports. Like the fact that can set up read only users to give people access to look for assets but not change.
ConsWould like to see a change log report of assets history, by date. Like the one they have now on maintenance history. Would be nice too if products marked disposed no longer show up in an audit.
May 31, 2018
Roxanne P.
admin
March 27, 2018

“Works well for small inventors. Improvement need to be made for larger ones. ”

ProsThe ability to see and upload picture of items. Would be better if you could upload various prices and funding as well with the info.
ConsThe Prev and Next buttons are too close to profile and hard to hit. You have to touch the very bottom edge of them or the profile info will open. Also having to close with an X the product updated it awful. It should go away not linger there.
March 27, 2018
Marrek L.
IT Manager
July 2, 2018

“Easy to set up and easy to use with nice functionality”

ProsVery easy to setup users with an excel template. The app works great for new items with tags. You can scan the tag and then set it up right away on your phone when it's not already in the system.
ConsI would like an easier way to check out and check in items. It just seems there are too many clicks to get to the check out option.
July 2, 2018
Mike C.
Sys Admin
Airlines/Aviation, 1001-5000 employees
March 31, 2018

“Great webpage and app! ”

OverallFast insight into the items we track and manage.
ProsLove the bar code scanning, on Dell monitors especially. Lots of things to track like warranty, photos and documents.
ConsDoesn't seem to read all QR codes even when scan option set to Datamatrix 2D. I wish the mobile app wouldn't apply the search criteria that was set on the webpage. Should be independent IMHO.
March 31, 2018
Paul C.
Information Systems Specialist
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees
November 20, 2018

“Excellent Asset Management Software”

ProsSimple design with a clean interface. Check-in/Out functionality for staff assigned equipment is perfectly executed. The reporting function is great and even includes custom reporting. All this for FREE!
ConsI have nothing bad to say, the product is quite good, far better than most paid products.
November 20, 2018
Matt C.
Public Safety Division Sales Manager
Public Safety, 51-200 employees
July 17, 2018

“I got this product to help me keep track of demo gear that we loan out to our customers.”

OverallAble to track our demo equipment that we ship around to our customers on a frequent basis. Also allows me to run a report on aging so I know when I need to turn the demo inventory. And as always when I need to repair a piece of equipment.
ProsThis is fantastic, I can use the lease function to keep track of the equipment we loan out for demo purposes and get reminders to call it back in. No more time spent tracking down the wayward piece of gear. Beats the heck out a paper spreadsheet. When it is time to rotate out the gear easy to run a report and have the guys sell it off.
ConsWould like the flexibility to change some of the fields on the customer side, have a call into customer support.
July 17, 2018
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
December 11, 2018

“AssetTiger, a digital library for what's important”

OverallAssetTiger has really helped us with our equipment, it is so customizable with various other software programs to monitor equipment use and state. We use it with Cheqroom which has been seamless.
ProsIt has revolutionized how we catalogue and keep track of all of our production equipment as a video department within a major state institution. There are a lot of moving parts, and now we have a way of managing everything.
ConsIs it fair to say I can't think of anything here? That feels to be the case with this product.
December 11, 2018
Chris M.
Inventory manager
May 27, 2018

“This is the only inventory / control system we will ever use again. It meets all of our needs.”

ProsIt is a cloud based system... this allows multiple inventory control managers to keep an eye on our product from anywhere in the world.
ConsWe literally have nothing negative to say about this program. I mean... free would be great. But you get what you pay for, and this is worth every penny!
May 27, 2018
Chao C.
IT
Computer Networking, 51-200 employees
January 23, 2018

“Awesome no worries tool”

OverallPaperless and on the go ability to track and review asset
ProsSince I've started using Asset Tiger, I am able to track and manage all assets whenever I need whether on desk computer or laptop when on the floor. I can add asset anytime or remove when I like. No need for large binder to help save space. Also helps keep track of cost for assets.
ConsNot to much, Asset Tiger has multiple method of retrieving data from computer to mobile apps. Only con is having to input myself the data.
January 23, 2018
Ricardo V.
Director Managed Services
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
April 20, 2017

“Pleasantly Surprised”

OverallAfter purchasing some Asset Tags we were introduced to this free software. We started using it and were pleasantly surprised at how clean, intuitive, and useful it was. We dumped our previously paid service and started using Asset Tiger exclusively. We have not regretted it.
ProsClean and Intuitive Interface.
ConsCan't check custom inventory reports in Mobile App.
April 20, 2017
June 7, 2018

“Enjoy using the database and keep track of my equipment”

ProsThat it is free and it is easy to use. I was able to import all my assets from my spreadsheet I had been using.
ConsThe maintenance reports could be better. Need a date range report for the maintenance that has been completed so I know the cost per month of repairs.
June 7, 2018
Jeremiah S.
IT Administrator
June 20, 2018

“Best Asset Management Software... And it's free.”

OverallTime saving, cost saving
ProsEverything, i'm not even kidding. From being able to customize fields, automatic depreciation, customize searchings, allowing you to create reports and filters that you want, adding employees. This is definitely a system that was created by someone who has managed inventory before because every single function that is needed is there. Fantastic!
ConsIf there was a software/subscription management portion it would have made it perfect. Especially since now there's more SaaS and you can't really assign an asset tag to these.
June 20, 2018
Steven P.
Information Technology
January 17, 2018

“Pretty Good”

OverallThe ability to be able to track all Assets within the company from an easy portal or from any smartphone. The ability to track how much money we have invested in the Assets as well as be able to see their depreciation over time is amazing.
ProsAll of the available functions right out of the gate and everything is free! You cannot get a better value anywhere else. This is how I envision companies are supposed to act.
ConsSome things like uploading a new template if you are using one ID for a single employee seems to overwrite existing data for the tag, or I have not yet figured out how to properly handle the system.
January 17, 2018
Mohammad R.
Operations Coordinator
December 27, 2017

“Awesome software!”

ProsI spent a lot of time looking for an assets management application. Finally, I found this great one, what is amazing, the first-rate asset management program that I ever found. So much power in a free tool. Thank you so much, guys!!
ConsThe ability to edit all asset fields would be a lot easier if we could have the ability to do this. Also, if there is an option to modify directly from the database or something such as excel where we could display all fields in one place, it will be awesome to edit multiple items from one screen.
December 27, 2017
Alan S.
IT Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
January 17, 2019

“This was advertised as free forever when we signed up. ”

Overallit was nice to have an inventory but the switch a roo of its free and oh by the way now that you have used it we are changing the terms of use is garbage
ProsHas some good features. But not sure if it is worth the costs when it was advertised and completely free. There was no descriptions that said its free as long as you purchase xxx amount of labels etc. It was advertised as completely free when i signed up.
ConsWhen we found this software it was advertised as free forever as long as you wanted. Then somewhere along the line they changed it and never let me know. So now they want to charge . If I signed up when it was advertised as free forever, You should grandfather those of us that chose to try out the software.
January 17, 2019
Patrick H.
District Technology Specialist
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
September 12, 2018

“An amazing free product”

OverallGreat product, awesome support.
ProsAmazing for the price, lot of value, very nice!
ConsI don't really have anything bad to say it's a great product
September 12, 2018
Debi L.
Assistant Director of Aging Programs
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
February 8, 2019

“Amazing Solution for our small business. ”

OverallWe have a small team of 16 staff who have multiple pieces of equipment and software that need to be tracked and managed. This has been the perfect solution to help track replacement of products timely. The ability to assign products to specific staff is a bonus. It's as if Asset Tiger read my mind, and made a database just for my needs. Thanks for the "at no cost to me feature too". :)
ProsThis product is simple, intuitive and has all the features we were looking for to tag and track all our equipment in a small non-profit. Almost impossible to mess up. Just found the "replicate" feature today when adding multiple items, fantastic!
ConsSo far, there has been nothing that we cannot accomplish.
February 8, 2019
Barbara S.
Vice Chair - Finance Advisory Committee
January 30, 2018

“This program has capabilities that allowed us to meet dual objectives. What a gem !”

ProsFlexibility and Report Writing. Most of the program is self-explanatory and as long as you don't hit the delete button, mistakes are easily fixed. Mass update and repetition is awesome.
ConsHave experienced a couple of discrepancies that required assistance from customer service as I couldn't navigate the software to determine what the issue was. Although the technical team provides excellent customer service, I would rather be able to solve issues myself.
January 30, 2018
Sanjeev N.
Sr. Manager IT
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
February 12, 2019

“Excellent Tool to manage IT assets”

OverallAll together very nice tool and cost effective for SMBs as well as for large enterprises.
ProsIt is really great asset management tool which lots of flexibility in creating asset forms and various fields to capture in database. The table options are also very flexible. User management is very good and give lots of options to create deligated control.
ConsNeed more flexible options in reports and dashboard. all charts in dashboard are based on asset value, it should give option to select asset count as well. The dashborad should give more options to create flexible charts. All the reports are lacking multiple level filtering option. It should allow to select "all" in filtering option for any field which I select as filter. I really fill that reports should be improved.
February 12, 2019
Matthew K.
Director of Promotions
January 8, 2019

“Don't know if I love it...”

OverallI have been able to convert the reports to show more of what I want to see. Overall great product.
ProsI like this software for asset management but I don't know if I love it. There are so many options that I get tired of looking through them. Wonderful customer service. I just call them whenever I have a question.
ConsThe reports are lacking. I am a numbers guy and I like to see reports in a million different ways.
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
February 12, 2018

“We really like the product. Many more pro's than con's.”

ProsEasy to use, feature rich, has iPhone and Android apps. The system export and import is powerful, making mass updates easy.
ConsNo history based reports on recent updated assets. Like a report that shows activity based on date/time, such as a report shows all assets that were updated in the last 24 hours. We need this for when asset gets moved and we need to update accounting (they use a separate system)
February 12, 2018
Khalid S.
Senior ICT officer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
September 22, 2016

“Asset Tiger”

OverallWe have been looking for a good asset inventory and management system for quite a while now, fortunately I came across AssetTiger on Google, I decided to give it a try and I was blown with the system. It was like tailor made for our Company. and above all its for free, my only worry is how long is it going to be for free?
Prosalmost everything, the way they have classified the system. like the departments, categories, funds,, locations and sites. it makes adding assets easy and has wonderful report generation.
Consthe only problem so is you can't search an asset using serial number
Recommendations to other buyersmine is not an advice but appreciation thank you and keep the good work

By SmartSign on September 27, 2016
Thank you for your kind review, Khalid. I'm glad we were able to clear up the confusion about searching for serial numbers. The search feature on the List of Assets page is very comprehensive and includes serial numbers. Thank you for choosing AssetTiger!
September 22, 2016
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
January 24, 2019

“The Only Asset Manager you will ever need.”

OverallGreat tool, for the price of tags.
ProsGreat use of Asset tags, scheduling and emailing the person who will be using the asset. The Dashboard gives you all the information you will need to evaluate and asses what is in-house and what is not. Great tool for any business, school,equipment management.
ConsIntegration with other software such as team support.
January 24, 2019
Russell C.
AV Systems Specialist
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
January 8, 2019

“Excellent Sorting of Assets”

ProsThe number of ways you are able to sort and view the assets makes it very easy for us to run reports depending on the information we want to view.
ConsWe wish you could check out equipment as you are entering a new asset. With being a new start up we have a lot of equipment to enter and then check out, it would be nice to be able to do that from one screen.
Justin W.
Operative Manager
Arts and Crafts, 11-50 employees
November 18, 2018

“Best online service”

ProsIt is quick and easy to work with. Not too complicated or confusing.
Consa better search option might be better. sometimes it takes a bit to find what I want...or im just unorganized.
November 18, 2018
Lauren E.
Executive Assistant
Entertainment, 11-50 employees
June 29, 2018

“Nice system, awful customer support.”

ProsThe ability to easily check out items and create automated reports so we can see what still is out and when it is due back.
Consemail system barely works and the customer service is extremely vague and unhelpful. I feel like none of them really know what they are doing. Ask one question and it'll take three people to finally tell you the way you should be doing it.
June 29, 2018
Roger C.
Production Manager
October 9, 2017

“Meets our needs and then some”

ProsEasy to website to learn. We can add lots of details for our assets. Works between the phone app and website seamlessly.
ConsCan be slow at times. Other than that, we had almost no issues with the software so far. I cannot complain.
October 9, 2017
Devon M.
Government Administration, 1-10 employees
January 20, 2019

“Love it!!”

ProsThe software is easy to use, fast, dependable, and does everything I need it to.
ConsIt's all good! Honestly nothing to say badly about it
January 20, 2019
Kaitlyn B.
Creative Media Manager/Producer
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
April 2, 2018

“Incredibly easy to use and efficient. ”

OverallThis product has allowed us to create a customized inventory of all of our video production gear. This has allowed us to keep a detailed log of the whereabouts of every piece of gear, from a single battery to a full camera kit. It has also assisted in the categorization of flagging certain pieces of equipment for repair, inspection, cleaning or replacement. I am very pleased with what AssetTiger has provided for us.
ProsIt has worked seamlessly for us in companion with CHEQROOM. It scans in less than a second and has made our process of checking out equipment incredibly simple and streamlined.
ConsWe selected a color scheme that matches the look and feel of our institution. It would be great if there were a more vibrant color option available with our institution's color palette.
April 2, 2018
Kristi B.
Procurement
Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees
January 18, 2018

“Have been just playing with it but so far I find it is the BEST thing ever for what our Company need”

OverallI can finally start putting items into inventory and CHECK them out. I have been looking for something to fit what we needed for well over 6 months.
ProsVery easy to Use. I can't believe this is a free program! I didn't even need to use the video tutorials!
ConsIt would be nice to set an alert on items that need to be reordered at a certain level. other than that it is PERFECT!
January 18, 2018
Facilities Services, 1001-5000 employees
November 21, 2017

“This has to be one of the greatest truly free software packages I have ever used.”

OverallA free asset management tool that is better than some of the paid ones I have seen,
ProsFirstly its free but it has many features that are well thought through such as it allows you to replicate assets already in the system to save user input. The ability to generate asset codes, use tags or scan and use bar codes is excellent.
ConsThe software is not quite flexible enough on report customisation and it would also be useful to be able to move the fields around on the input screens to make the order that you fill them out more logical. This is important when you create custom fields to add to the inbuilt ones. In would also benefit from being able to do simple calcs based on field inputs and show a results field. ie if this then that.
November 21, 2017
Amanda H.
LEA Coordinator / Inventory Manager
November 17, 2017

“FAST!!! PROMPT!!!”

ProsI love that the system is user friendly and designed to meet our needs as a schools system. The reports are awesome too when working with auditors.
November 17, 2017