ToutApp Ratings

Overall
3.6/5
4.1/5
3.6/5

About ToutApp

Email marketing and analytics platform for making your sales team more effective. Learn more about ToutApp

Bill C.
Director of Marketing
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
October 10, 2017

“Makes our sales nurturing much more automated and effective”

OverallThe biggest benefit is the time we save following up with people after an event or webinar, which we run regularly.
ProsThere are two main "pros" with ToutApp. 1) the integration with Salesforce is very good in that it is frictionless for our teams to send individual emails and have them track in salesforce. That way, we know who is talking (emailing) to who by looking at the activity in Salesforce. 2) The ability to takes lists in Salesforce and "Push to Tout" allows us to create automated email nurturing campaigns to follow up after events, webinars, etc. (Especially important after events when you cannot call everyone. It is also nice that the email templates can be leveraged and made so they don't look like templated emails from a marketing automation system. The merger with Marketo has not impacted us at all. We still use HubSpot, so you don't have to use Marketo.
ConsIt is easy to go crazy making lists and email templates that ToutApp can become an overloaded mess of all these things. I wish ToutApp Customer Success would help us more proactively with best practices for nurturing. My advice is to think through getting lists and templates and scheduling right so they are as repeatable and reusable as possible. It will just save you a ton of time.
October 10, 2017
Internet, 51-200 employees
April 24, 2018

“Easy to use, but a lot of glitches”

OverallThe real time updates of opening and clicking links within emails, the ease of building out campaigns, the ability to see how different email templates preformed over others.
ProsI liked that I could build out mass email campaigns among all of my accounts in Salesforce. I also liked how it sat on top of my Gmail inbox where I could get live updates of when and where prospects would open the email, click the link etc.
ConsIt was slow, it didn't always connect correctly with Salesforce and it sometimes glitched and sent emails when it wasn't supposed to.
April 24, 2018
Heidi T.
Systems Administrator
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
August 22, 2019

“Marketing and Sales email scheduling made easy”

ProsEasy to schedule e-mail blasts, follow up meetings and e-mails. Helps to prevent being flagged as a spammer by managing your e-mail campaigns.
ConsPrior to being bought by Marketo, the customer service was hit or miss.
August 22, 2019
Paul B.
ISM
Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees
July 18, 2017

“I really loved toutapp, it was very user friendly and did almost everything I needed it to do.”

Overallemail sequences automated
ProsI loved that it was wasy to use and to schedule out email sequences. There were only a few things that I needed that it did not do.
ConsWhen I would send an email through the system, it would go to spam, but when I would use my own email servers, it would go right through.
July 18, 2017
Layne L.
Sr. Territory Account Executive
Publishing, 51-200 employees
July 19, 2018

“Toutapp has been a great tool for a number of sales teams I've worked with.”

OverallHelps me get more demos set up.
ProsIt allows you to automate a number of the daily activities you do as a salesperson. It's intuitive to use and gives you the ability to customize messaging and cadence in a way that doesn't come across as robotic to the recipient.
ConsI really wish it integrated with Microsoft Dynamics, if it did, we would use it for our whole team. I've had to buy and pay for it myself in my current role, and it's mostly been worth it.
July 19, 2018
Mark Z.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
December 6, 2016

“Like to software, but the support and sales process was not a good experience.”

OverallI began using Tout App earlier this year. I was in the process of setting up an email marketing campaign. I really liked the capabilities and pricing of Tout App for my small piece. it has some excellent email and tracking capabilities. However, when I started, the support was not good at all. They did not get back to me at all to clarify important questions I had on how to use and integrate the software. That being said, I was able to figure it out and they eventually did get back to me.
ProsThe software has some excellent tracking features for an email marketing program.
ConsIn my experience, they hadn't really figured out their customer support yet. I think they were still struggling with how best to support their clients.
December 6, 2016
Cory C.
Customer Success Manager
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
December 9, 2018

“Good for what it does but needs more”

OverallI think that Tout is a nice to have that I could live without. Thought it was really cool the first week I used it but even forget to use it a lot now because the value is unimpactful.
ProsI love the ability to create custom email templates and the ability to see when people I email have actually seen the email.
ConsDoesn't record all emails. I think people and opt out and its hard to track statistics for email sends. Why do something half assed?
December 9, 2018
April 11, 2018

“better than yesware”

Prosi think the pricing and support from toutapp is much better than yesware. i also enjoy the reporting that they have built for managers. this is a sales email tool for productive sales teams
Conswhile this meets all of my basic sales needs, i wish they would invest more in expanded functionality of their users
April 11, 2018
Computer Software, Unspecified
May 21, 2018

“I used toutapp for email automation at a previous company”

ProsI dont have very many pros. The ability to track open and click rates was nice but otherwise the product wasnt amazing
ConsThe only real benefit is the ability to store templates. Otherwise a simple mailmerge in Word does the exact same job for free basically. The click/open alerts was not very accurate and the way they do that can cause emails to get caught in spam/junk email so you have to turn it off often to ensure your emails go through. The UI wasnt great although I think it's since been improved.
May 21, 2018
Kellen H.
December 12, 2016

“Tout is frustrating”

OverallTout was pretty glitchy for us. The most frustrating thing was having people on an email campaign and when they would respond it would keep emailing them. You would have to go in and "Unsubscribe" them. It had a lot of other issues. Sadly most of the software we have seen in this category has been similarly glitchy.
December 12, 2016