CATALYST Abstract Management Ratings

Overall

About CATALYST Abstract Management

CATALYST Abstract and Speaker Management software makes it easier for meeting planners to collect, review and distribute high-quality conference content to attendees, saving you valuable time. Manage the entire journey of your conference content, from the initial call for papers to the creation of your event schedule and production of final print and digital conference materials, all within this flexible and intuitive system. Learn more about CATALYST Abstract Management

Teshia P.
Publications Coordinator
Automotive, 11-50 employees
October 1, 2019

“New to the World of Abstract Management”

OverallI am new to the world of conferencing and events, so the system of managing abstracts was foreign to me. CATALYST and Representative has been a tremendous help in learning the system. When I tell you I was new, my entire concept of what I was using the tool for was off. Now, I feel confident and I am looking forward to actually putting our conferencing events and using CATALYST next year, we are even looking into the app designed for interfacing with our event for next year. This will assist us in streamlining that portion of our process and also saving us time in the long run. I really have nothing else to compare CATALYST to as I am completely new to the industry, but I will say, that it's a great system to have to compare in the future.
ProsI like the ease of use. It is very intuitive and I am curious to work with the new app.
ConsSome features that I would like to have were not available. This could be due to the lack of understanding by the person working to create the functionality required for our needs.

By Omnipress on October 7, 2019
Hello Teshia! Thank you so much for the feedback you provided on your review of CATALYST Abstract Management. We value your input and strive to provide the best customer experience possible. We are always looking for customer input for future releases of CATALYST. I would love to talk more about some features you'd like to have that may not be available today. If you're open to it, please reach out to me at the email provided. Again, thank you for your feedback, Teshia. We're looking forward to working with you for next years conferencing events!
October 1, 2019
Gayla T.
Deputy Executive Director
October 7, 2019

“Great product!”

OverallMy overall experience over the past 4 years has been great! The software accomplishes what we need it to, it allowed the full process to be in one place, and the customer support and timeliness of requests is the best I've experienced from any vendor I've ever worked with. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for an abstract management system.
ProsFor us, the main benefit was how much it cut down on staff time to manually create custom webpages of our own with the necessary information, first for the actual Call for Papers and then separately for the Reviewers. All the way from the Call for Papers to the review process was tedious and took many hours between 2 staff members. This product put everything in one place and offered easy completion for the applicant and easy access for the reviewers and cut staff time to very little.
ConsThere are places where it's not obvious how to get from one place to another. So for a beginning user, it could be a little frustrating. But once you're oriented, it's very easy.

By Omnipress on October 9, 2019
Hello Gayla! Thank you for taking the time to write this review- it's great to hear CATALYST has been a time saving solution for you and your staff as well as making the submission process easier for your applicants and reviewers! Additionally, I'm delighted to hear about the great experience you had interacting with our customer support team! As far as the frustration for beginner users and navigation of the site- we'll be releasing a new landing page for applicants (submitters) and a redesign of the dashboard in Q4 2019. This should eliminate any frustrations of new users. Thank you again for the review Gayla!
October 7, 2019
Debbie R.
Accreditation & Programs Manager
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
September 30, 2019

“Great Product”

OverallWe have had a great experience with CATALYST and use it for a handful of clients. The staff is knowledgeable and always very helpful - great customer service.
ProsIt is adjustable for each of our clients needs and requirements - and they are varied. The information we collect can be put into journal ready documents that look great.
ConsThe fact that you can't print out just the abstract contents on a page (for reviewers and submitters). The affiliations section isn't very intuitive.

By Omnipress on October 1, 2019
Hi Debbie! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review- we appreciate you giving us feedback on CATALYST! I'm glad to hear that the software is working for your clients' needs and that we're providing great customer service! As far as the ability to print out just the abstract contents on a page- I've passed this over to the development team along with your comment on affiliations. We're always making improvements to the software and this helps. Thank you again for the review Debbie!
September 30, 2019
Devin D.
Meeting Planner
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

“Catalyst review”

OverallLess labor Great support Quick turnarounds Mass emails This software has made the whole collection of abstracts a lot easier for our group. I can't even imagine going back to the way we used to do it.
ProsWe lost an employee due to retirement and then picked up this software, which made it easy to transition from our old manual process to a new, online process - with less labor.
ConsThe fact that you can't have several collections running at the same time. They are all lumped into one collection, even though we are collecting several different types of abstracts at different times.

By Omnipress on October 14, 2019
Hello Devin! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review- I'm glad to hear the move to CATALYST from your old manual process has made your collection process easier! In addition to your note about running several collections at the same time- CATALYST does allow for several collections to be running concurrently. Your dedicated Project Manager is happy to discuss the pros and cons with you regarding multiple concurrent collections when planning for your future events. Thank you again for the review!
Katy R.
Associate Director
Education Management, 1-10 employees
September 27, 2019

“Great proposal management system ”

ProsI appreciate the support we get from our contact at Omnipress, the ease of use, the flexibility in getting things set up, and that it has all the functionalities needed for a smooth call for proposals process.
ConsThere are always reporting functionalities that would make things easier! We make it work (and our Omnipress contacts help quite a bit) but if it were possible to merge reviews in with each proposal in a report, it'd be great.

By Omnipress on September 30, 2019
Hello Katy! Thank you for writing this review- we really appreciate you finding the time in your day to provide feedback! I'm happy to hear that you have found the support as well as the functionality of the software beneficial for your organization's needs. As far as the reporting functionalities, your dedicated Project Manager will be contacting you to discuss how merging reviews with each proposal into a report can be accomplished. Thank you again for the review!
Susan L.
Education Manager
September 27, 2019

“Good system depending on your reporting needs”

ProsIt was easy to use as an administrator and visually looked good for reviewers and submitters.
ConsAbstract reviewers could not print their assigned abstracts with corresponding graphics in line with the text. As an administrator I could not get a report in Word format of all the accepted abstracts for our print publication.

By Omnipress on September 30, 2019
Hello Susan! Thank you for writing this review- we really appreciate your feedback! I'm glad to hear our software was easy to navigate and that the look and feel was pleasing for submitters and reviewers! As far as room for improvement- I'm sorry to hear about the reviewers experience with printing and the administrator report not being available in Word for you. I've passed your comments along to the development team. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be used to address future releases of CATALYST. Thank you again for the review!
Lauren C.
Director of Meetings
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
September 27, 2019

“Poster/Scientific Session Abstract Mgmt”

OverallThe overall experience has been great. Our poster presenters and session chairs love it. The customer support we receive from OmniPress is also wonderful.
ProsI like the ease of use. I use it but so do the Chairs of my sessions. Once we started using Catalyst, we no longer received calls/emails from users needing help.
ConsAt times, the system is slow w/saving info and/or updating info. We've been told that is due to the number of companies that we have in the "Institution" pull-down screen.

By Omnipress on September 30, 2019
Hello Lauren! Thank you for taking the time to write this review- I'm happy to hear the overall experience has been a great one! As far as the system being slow with saving information and/or updating information- I've passed this along to the product development team for research and future resolution. Thank you again for the review Lauren!
Filomena P.
Director of Operations
October 3, 2019

“Catalyst - Great Abstract System”

ProsVery user friendly. Great search engine.
ConsLittle complicated for issuance of reports

By Omnipress on October 7, 2019
Hello Filomena! Thank you so much for the feedback you provided on your review of CATALYST- it sounds like the software is working well for you overall! As far as the issuance of reports being a little complicated- we're always looking for input to help improve the software for all users. Please feel free to reach out to me in the email provided or reach out to your Project Manager to discuss how the reporting features and functionality could be improved upon. Thank you again for the review Filomena!
JoDee S.
Communications Director
Dairy, 1-10 employees

“CATALYST review”

OverallMy point person at Omnipress is SO helpful.
ProsIt easily collects a lot of information and is understood by people who do not necessarily communicate with English as their first language.
ConsThe dashboard format can be confusing to navigate at times.

By Omnipress on October 7, 2019
Hi JoDee! Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write this review- It's great to hear that CATALYST collects the information you need and works well for your members. We truly pride ourselves on exceeding customer expectations with our customer service, so thank you for that comment! As far as the dashboard being confusing- we're launching a new dashboard configuration in approximately one month. Please reach out to your Project Manager to find out more details! Thank you again for the review!
Sara R.
Senior Program Coodinator
Public Policy, 11-50 employees
September 27, 2019

“Review of CATALYST Abstract Management Software”

OverallSo far, my experience with Catalyst Abstract Management has been very good. It is nice to have support when needed. The hands on/hands off approach with our contact at Omnipress works well.
ProsWhat I like most about this software is that is its ease of use, appearance, and can be customized to fit my organization's needs. I like that its reports and schedule feature.
ConsTBD as I have yet to really experience the software as an user. As software administrator, the thing I like least about the software is that we are unable to customize the letter templates more (i.e. include images like our logo).

By Omnipress on September 30, 2019
Hello Sara! Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write this review- we appreciate you giving us feedback on CATALYST! I'm so happy to hear that you have been happy with the features and functionality of the software. As far as the customization of letter templates (i.e. images like your logo), your dedicated Project Manager will be in contact to discuss how to achieve this. Thank you again for the review Sara!
Diane L.
Vice President / COO
Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees
October 2, 2019

“Good but confusing to users ”

ProsOverall it is wonderful how some items be customized.
ConsThe way additional speakers are added is very confusing. Users had a hard time adding co-presenters. Also, the way the information exports it isn't easy to track the presenter's company name, address etc.

By Omnipress on October 7, 2019
Hello Diane! Thank you for finding the time in your day to give us your feedback! I am happy to hear that the software is wonderful overall with the customization options available! As far as room for improvement- I'm sorry to hear about your experience with how additional speakers are added as well as adding co-presenters. We are working towards creating a better user experience specific to speaker management. If you are open to providing your input on how to make that experience better I'd love to hear from you at the email address provided. Thank you again for the review!
October 2, 2019
Jill R.
Director of Conferences
Government Administration, 11-50 employees

“Omnipress CATALYST Review”

ProsIt provided us the information we needed -- but difficult to extract that information.
ConsI found it clunky and difficult to navigate. Not user-friendly.

By Omnipress on October 14, 2019
Hello Jill! Thank you for taking the time to write this review- we appreciate you giving us feedback on our product! We're always looking for ways to better improve CATALYST based on customer feedback. In the very near future we will be releasing a major redesign of the dashboard as well as an event landing page. These updates will make the software more user-friendly and easier to navigate! As for the difficulty of extracting information- I encourage you to reach out to your dedicated Project Manager. They will assist you in retrieving the information you require at any point during the collection process. Thank you again for the review!