Softros LAN messenger Ratings

Overall

About Softros LAN messenger

An instant LAN messaging software for home or office network users with group messaging, file transfer, and remote control. Learn more about Softros LAN messenger

Aaron Z.
Clinical Staff Pharmacist
Pharmaceuticals, Unspecified

“Perfect Office Messenger”

OverallOffice communication is enhanced. Confidential information can be typed versus verbal communicated around patients. This works very well in our pharmacy where we have multiple rooms and we can refer back to the message for information.
ProsThis software does not take up much CPU or computer memory resources and works very well. Each computer is customized very easily to whom is using the terminal and messages can be stored for long term retrieval. Web links, file data file transfer links, the program fits our needs very well.
ConsIt would be nice to show pictures within the messenger but this is a low request. you can always send a link to the file or web location. I'm sure this prevents excessive resource utilization and helps with the logging of messages.
DEBORAH P.
CHIRO ASSISTANT
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
August 8, 2017

“This product is used inter office to be able to leave private messages while seeing patients. ”

OverallABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITHOUT CALLING ANYONE
ProsI like using this product instead of calling since patients can hear everything I say due to an open environment.
ConsIt is difficult to add or subtract people we have on the program so the actual setting up and changing is a little harder.
August 8, 2017
ED S.
IT Manager
Retail, 1-10 employees
August 14, 2018

“Great Software, Great Value!”

OverallExcellent. Works flawlessly. Easy to use.
ProsSeamless install and functionality. Increased our productivity immediately.
ConsI wish I had find it sooner, our old software was holding us back.
August 14, 2018
Jose R.
Network Administrator
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees
February 21, 2019

“Network Administrator”

ProsNew version supports Screen Sharing, better emoji selection and easy drag and drop file sharing.
ConsSound notifications. However, they can be easy turned off.
February 21, 2019
Stephanie M.
DVM/owner
Veterinary, 1-10 employees
April 28, 2018

“I was introduced to this program at my old job. Liked it so much, I bought it for my business.”

OverallI am able to communicate with my team without having to leave the exam room.
ProsI like that when I receive a message, it makes a noise to get my attention & the window stays on top of the other screens I have open. I also like that the messages arrive at the destination FAST.
ConsThere really isn't anything that I *don't* like. I guess I could say that it is easy to accidentally close it out, but that's really on me & not the software.
April 28, 2018
Jennifer J.
Practice Manager
Veterinary, 1-10 employees

“Great! No issues.”

OverallWe are a small practice who used to frequently "yell" across the room to each other. Now we are able to be more professional and discreet.
ProsI enjoy the ease of communicating with my team. I like being able to send a message without getting up from my desk.
ConsThat I have to buy a license for each computer that I want it installed on. I thought originally that the "per user" license meant how many people would be using it at one time, not how many computers would be needing to have it installed. Because of that, I had to purchase more licenses.
RON D.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
February 21, 2018

“We use it daily as an Inter office communication tool.”

Overallinstant communications with any employee...
ProsWas very ease to set up on our network. Allows us to transfer files and IM with employees. You can also send a broadcast message.
February 21, 2018
Philip B.
Owner/CEO
Entertainment, Self-employed
July 30, 2018

“Softros LAN Messenger is "da bomb" - awesome LAN messaging with no hassles.”

OverallEasy transfer of files and various information between the 2 PCs in my work environment.
ProsEase of installation, simple to use, great for my small business as I currently have 2 PCs in different rooms which often need to send various messages back and forth - Softros LAN Messenger makes this really simple, child's play.
ConsNothing so far - could maybe be slightly cheaper, but I was happy to pay to get the great features. Really, I don't think there's anything I could fault.

“It just works”

OverallWe use this software in an escape room to allow our players to communicate with the Mad Scientist in the game. With no connection issues we have been able to make our gameplay rock solid.
ProsWe were using another LAN messenger app and it had constant connection issues. Softros has been rock solid with no connection issues.
ConsThis is paid software, but it really isn't expensive and ultimately you get what you pay for. Other than that I don't have any negatives and I wouldn't even call this a con.
Cheryl B.
Chief Administrative Officer
July 30, 2018

“Great for inter-office quick communication”

OverallEasy and quick communication between our offices and the front desk
ProsIt was super easy to set up and use. We are a municipal office and our reception desk is able to send us a quick note if an Administrator is needed at the counter. We also use it to shoot quick notes back and forth between our offices.
ConsWe have just started to use the messenger and know that we have not utilized it to it's full potential. Right now there are no cons that we can think of.
Jennifer Y.
Dental Administrator
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
March 29, 2019

“No more running around the office!”

ProsSoftros has been a lifesaver when I have a patient in front of me and I need to communicate with staff in the back office. The messages are sent instantly and easy to read and write back. We are a busy office and can all keep each other updated and on the same page. It's a secure messenger software so we know our patient information is safe.
ConsIt does it's job! Nothing to complain about.
March 29, 2019
Valerie C.
co owner
Accounting, 1-10 employees

“love it!”

Overallas previously stated...we liked it and used it daily
ProsWe are a tax service. Our office is small but we are extremely busy during tax season. Messenger is great for us, with a few short keystrokes we can talk to each other without getting up or picking up the phone. It's perfect for us!
Conshaving the list of users in my way at times, I wish I could reduce its size without putting it in the taskbar
Lauren s.
General Manager
July 30, 2018

“We LOVE using this for our interoffice communications. It makes short exchanges so much easier!”

ProsI find great value in that my employees can send me a message and not have to interrupt me in the office when I have people in my office or on the phone. It takes multi-tasking to a new level.
ConsThe only thing that I find slightly annoying is the constant flashing of the icon if the message goes unread. I understand why the feature is there but sometimes it drives me crazy.
Scott B.

“Very easy to use”

ProsThe interface is very clean, simple and easy to use. Administration is easy. Initial setup was intuitive
ConsI have cases where I need to send an file to a group of users. Currently I cannot do this. I need to send the attachment to each user individually

By Softros Systems on August 23, 2018
Dear Scott, please check our latest release v 9.2. We added the files transfer to multiple recipients. Thanks for your feedback!
Candace R.
Agency Producer
April 26, 2018

“We use it interoffice and has allowed for more efficiencies. We love it!”

ProsWe can communicate in real time interoffice without getting up every time we need something. I can have a running conversation with multiple people and keep working.
ConsI do not know if there is anything we do not like about the software. We are a small office so we have not run into any cons.
Francis C.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
August 6, 2018

“Excellent product”

OverallExcellent service, easy to install and pay.
ProsVery easy to use, you can follow the conversation even couple of days after.
ConsYou can't select different person to send same message, you need to group them before.
August 6, 2018
sergi o.
manager
11-50 employees

“very good quality”

Overallfastest conmunication betwenen sites, to send files, reminds, storage even if station is out, it is very powerful tool to be conected all time internaly.
Prosenough space to send files very quickly, very easy to use at first time, friendly display and easy to understand.
Consprice by entrerprice, i consider the real price by one machine is correct, but you don´t have enough discount for many machines.