ProfitWell Ratings

Overall
4.7/5
4.6/5
4.7/5

About ProfitWell

For founders and executives of recurring revenue businesses who value absolutely accurate metrics, ProfitWell provides industry standard subscription financial metrics for free that uncover pockets of hidden revenue through unmatched subscription intelligence. Learn more about ProfitWell

Computer Software, 51-200 employees
January 4, 2019

“Excellent tool for understanding SAAS business”

ProsFirstly, Profitwell is Free. When compared with similar paid tools for SAAS analytics, it is very good, and will suffice for most customers. They are focused on maintaining data accuracy with the payment source (like Stripe/Braintree etc.), which is crucial for trusting the metrics. Their paid product Retain for reducing delinquent churn is fantastic, and let's our team focus on other activities rather than follow up with customers with credit card issues like expiry and failed transactions. And the daily and monthly summary emails are very helpful for insights into your SAAS product's performance.
ConsThe slight quibble I have is that it is a work in progress and some of the features are slightly underdeveloped. But the team has been adding new functionality at a rapid pace.
January 4, 2019
Computer Software, Unspecified
May 4, 2018

“Could not live without Profitwell”

ProsThis is the ultimate SaaS dashboard for any growing SaaS company that wants to understand key metrics for their business.
ConsI wish it also incorporated data from iTunes connect so we could see all of our subscriptions in a single dashboard instead of just those coming through the web (Stripe).
May 4, 2018
Jacob H.
Residential Roofing Director
February 8, 2018

“ProfitWell has been a great help in understanding where our money comes from and where it goes.”

OverallThe best benefit of this particular software is the analytics it shows you. ProfitWell is able to automatically calculate your income compared to your goals, show you what customers have been the most profitable for you and their number of users. Finally it helps us forecast for future months to see when and where we should be spending our money.
ProsThe best aspect of ProfitWell for me would be the analytical computing capabilities it auto generates for you. I can easily see how many customers either signed up or churned in the month we are in and compare that to years past. This has helped us learn when to spend our advertising dollars and who to chase as customers.
ConsThe aspect I like least of the software is the scaling costs. As you gain more customers and profits running through the app the fee increases.
February 8, 2018
Madhav B.
Marketing Manager
Internet, 11-50 employees
March 14, 2018

“Great business insights tool for our SaaS”

OverallMade me regularly check on our revenue progress
ProsThe daily email reminders on where we stand behind our goals Love that it's so built towards getting your head straight in terms of revenue goals as a business
ConsToo many things in the app. I haven't fully explored each section, but i guess it's a lot more than required to be shown.
March 14, 2018
Tomer A.
Co-Founder
November 27, 2018

“Can't move without it :)”

OverallAmazing product. Every SaaS that works with Stripe should use it.
ProsPorfirwell provide us the numbers we need with ease. It is totally free and the support is great. I didn't expect a free product to be so advanced.
ConsNothing. Maybe adding stats about location (countries) could be nice.
November 27, 2018
Antoine L.
Trafic Manager
September 12, 2017

“Very good metrics software”

ProsThis software is quite easy to use with a very wide range of metrics to monitor your growth and find your weaknesses. It does not only focuses on cash flow but also on monthly recurring revenue or churn.
ConsSome metrics are not easy to understand, and I've some troubles understanding how refunds are calculated. But overall, the datas are quite clear and complete.
September 12, 2017
October 26, 2018

“A reliable option to see how things are going into your business in terms of subscription payments”

OverallIt's a great tool for any kind of business in order to have a clear view of their customers payments
ProsIt integrates with stripe and provides a lot of data, like renewals, lifetime value, retantion and churn rate, cash flow and more.
ConsIf you want to look into more advanced analytics it's not so easy to find the appropriate field to search.
October 26, 2018
Vincent F.
CMO
April 3, 2018

“Perfect to manage financila Metric”

ProsI love this tool to manage all my sub and financial metrics. It's directly linked with Stripe and very easy to use.
ConsHave more view to analyse our business, for exemple a chart for the cohorte and other metrics could be very helpfull
April 3, 2018
Vivek K.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
November 29, 2018

“Most Exhaustive SaaS Metrics - Ever”

OverallAs a founder, I make it a point to spend atleast 2-3 hours every month analysing the reports that are available in Profitwell. Some of the metrics especially the lagging metrics and the trend around churn are extremely powerful for B2B SaaS businesses. Also, a huge shout out to the owner for putting together a product that works seamlessly with payment gateways and subscription solutions.
ProsThe retention cohort that Profitwell is able to produce gives a brilliant picture of the state of the business. It provides amazing feedback to every single team - CS, Marketing, Support and Product. We have been a big fan of a this and a bunch of other reports
ConsIt took us a few months to actually discover that there was a Retention cohort tab in the reports section. More of a discovery challenge with us rather than them,
November 29, 2018
Julia E.
Internet, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
October 15, 2018

“Answered all of our high-level questions about customers and revenue”

OverallFound them on the Stripe marketplace when looking for analytics software to better understand retention. Very impressed with the product and ease of use.
ProsFor a company build on top of Stripe, ProfitWell has helped us tremendously understand our revenue and customer base. I'm love that it's free and so easy to set up! The dashboards are informative and answer my questions before I even ask.
ConsI wish that ProfitWell could merge multiple accounts. We had trouble when we had to switch to an incorporated company Stripe Account and couldn't combine the data.
October 15, 2018
April 16, 2018

“Provides clear snapshots of my revenue”

ProsProfitWell does a great job of helping me visualize my MRR. I can also use it to handle churning customers, and the clarity it brings to the situation has actually helped me save some accounts. I very much like this software.
ConsIt takes a bit longer to learn than I would like, but I'm not sure that's ProfitWell's fault. It's feature-rich, so it's bound to take a little time.
April 16, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
March 27, 2018

“Wow, how can this app be free?”

ProsAll the metrics that they offer are crazy insightful. I wish I had more time to dig deeper in all the data they are offering. Love how they split the voluntary churn and the delinquent one.
ConsI cannot say I dislike something about ProfitWell. They have an extraordinary product, that's for sure.
March 27, 2018
Bradley G.
Co-Founder
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
February 15, 2018

“We liked it...but ended up going with another company.”

OverallWhile we did not end up using this product in the long term, it was very useful in the beginning. We just ended up needing a bit more functionality and went with a competitor in the end.
ProsNice looking user interface Very easy to set up The data visualizations were very helpful for us as we were getting up and running
ConsAfter about six months of testing this product alongside another product, we concluded that it was not as robust as we needed. It did not integrate with all of our financials to enable the executive team to make decisions across all important inputs.
February 15, 2018
Education Management, 1-10 employees
April 17, 2019

“Profitwell good for heavy users of Stripe”

ProsProfitwell provided us a useful way to show our Stripe payments to outside users during an acquisition. It was easy to connect our Stripe account and easy to add read only users to our Profitwell account (which Stripe doesn't really provide). I think for users who do a lot more transactions through Stripe (including one off and subscription) Profitwell will be more useful. Profitwell also provides a lot of writings on pricing models which are worth a read if you are building a company.
ConsThe software itself seems fine, it was kind of overkill for what we needed it for so we didn't really use it to it's full potential. You really have to be using Stripe heavily to get a useful benefit from Profitwell. If you have subscribers etc that are paying through Stripe, signing up for Profitwell is likely worth your time.
April 17, 2019
Kamil R.
CEO & Founder
11-50 employees
March 7, 2018

“Great revenue analytics app for starters”

OverallBusiness overvoew
ProsIt gives me an overview of most interesting saas metrics. I use it along with other analytics tool, but what I like about PW is the ability to set targets and get everyone informed about the progress.
ConsNothing at the moment - it's free so I shouldn't complain. Maybe it could have more statistics but I am not sure.
March 7, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2018

“I like it!”

OverallOverall, I like Profitwell, and if you're a SaaS company on early stages you definetly need to check ProfitWell
ProsIt's easy to use, and give much more data then Recurly provides, Plus it has a Free plan
ConsI'd love to have a mobile version (app), sometimes I do really need to check graphs from my Phone
September 25, 2018
Corey M.
April 12, 2017

“Answers your questions at a glance”

OverallThis app integrated simply with Stripe and immediately showed me data points like MRR and churn. It's a simple app that gives me the answers I need so I can get back to work.
April 12, 2017