TripLog Mileage Tracker Ratings

Overall
4.2/5
4.1/5
4.1/5

About TripLog Mileage Tracker

TripLog is a trusted enterprise class vehicle mileage tracking and fleet management solution that provides easy to use mobile and web software-as-a-service to simplify compliance, bring transparency and reduce employees time related to business expense reporting. TripLog provides: Immediate ROI, Time Savings & Improved Financial Controls; Detailed Driver Logs, Google Maps & IRS Compliant Reporting; and Data Integration to Enterprise HR, Payroll, and Expense Systems. Learn more about TripLog Mileage Tracker

Rebecca K.
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
July 31, 2019

“Triplog is the best mileage tracking app I've used!”

OverallOverall I'm very satisfied with the app.
ProsAfter researching/watching reviews for several mileage tracking apps, I decided to go with TripLog. It has some of the best app features while also being extremely affordable. I used this app to track my GPS location while running errands for my work. I love that you can create names for places you frequent, automatically track your trips, and create notes/reports to submit for mileage reimbursements.
ConsThe only "con" I came across was that the app wasn't as modern looking as some other apps out there, making it feel slightly dated. I believe since I originally used this app they've updated their features. Either way I still recommend this app over others.
July 31, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

“Good, not great”

OverallThis software has a lot of features that I would say are essential to easy mileage tracking for teams like variable auto-start options and shared locations. It just needs some finesse to make it something I don't mind looking at or jumping into regularly.
ProsI like the auto-logging feature and all the flexible options for triggering the recording of a trip either by a particular bluetooth connection, USB device or a handful of other options. I also like having centralized recording and reporting of mileage for my team.
ConsIt's pretty ugly to look at - both the app and the website. I know it's just a reporting tool that aggregates data (nothing sexy) but that doesn't mean it can't have both form AND function. I need to spend more time trying to leverage the rest of the features (like Quickbooks integration and reimbursement) included but the last time I looked, I didn't feel like the help docs were super clear.
Marsha B.
Farming, 11-50 employees

“TripLog is great”

OverallThis is much easier than trying to use a log book. I feel confident we are tracking our truck locations and capturing our miles.
ProsI love how easy it is for the drivers to get started tracking their driving. It is very simple! I also like how I can login any time and see where my trucks are, where they have been, and the speed at which they traveled.
ConsOnce in a while we have had a trip or partial trip not show up or not record. Sometimes it does show up the next day. If it doesn't, you can manually add it into the system so you can still manage your miles for tax purposes.
Chris G.
Computer Networking, 1-10 employees
May 22, 2019

“Great mileage tracking app”

OverallI have used this software for a few years. I used the free version and then switched to the paid version. I am so gald I did. The paid version has made the mileage tracking for taxes soo easy for me each year now. I just basically download the yearly report and hand it to my accountant and done!
ProsI like that it tracks my business mileage intuitively and gives me great reports at years end for tax time.
ConsSometimes when I finish a trip I forget to end it and the mileage gets skewed. It is easy to fix however.
May 22, 2019
Susan S.
Administrator/Owner
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
January 18, 2019

“Works, but could be better”

OverallIt is a good price and when it works it is pretty good. Needs some improvements to be great!
ProsIt should work pretty automatically. It doesn't require data or internet connection since we are in rural areas that sometimes doesn't have internet connectivity. I like the fleet tracking feature to provide some security in case something goes wrong.
ConsIt is glitchy. We have had issues with sometimes not picking up a trip. We have had issues if the person makes a roundtrip without turning off the app, it calculates zero miles since the start and end were the same location. The reporting features are lacking and there is no way to close out trips and archive them after they are paid, oh and no way to mark them paid. The customer service is pretty non-existent.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1001-5000 employees
May 9, 2019

“Small investment for huge payoff”

ProsAutomatically tracks all milage if you want it to. Makes it automatic to track all milage for expense purposes. Allows you to build custom reports for how to present your trips/data each month/quarter/etc.
ConsIf you have lots of trips, it takes a long time to code the purpose each one individually. It would be nice to have a function where it learned over time when the same trips are repeated.
May 9, 2019
Ted Adam G.
Director of Pharmacy Informatics
Hospital & Health Care, 5001-10,000 employees
January 18, 2019

“Best App Experience for a Business Application ”

OverallThis has been a total solution for business application on mileage and staff tracking as well as payment for reimbursement ... TripLog has made unmeasurable adaptions for us!
ProsThe team at TripLog are PHENOMENAL!! They are the absolute best team to work with that I have experienced! Anyone can call me anytime and I will be thrilled to positively promote TripLog
ConsThe only improvement would be website speed
Sarah B.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

“TripLog Review”

OverallTripLog allows us to keep up with the mileage of our drivers and make sure the proper and most efficient routs are being used by everyone.
ProsThere are plenty of details provided and I can look up my drivers by name or sort the data however is needed.
ConsSometimes to get something done (example: delete a user) you have to go trough multiple other steps before you can do what you need. Or sometimes you can't delete a user and you just have to put them as inactive, but they still show up on your list of employees/drivers.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

“TRIPLOG”

OverallTriplog is affording me the ability to track my state by state mileage for each truck in my fleet. This makes my reporting on a quartily basis easier.
ProsWhat I like most about the software is the fact that it is on autopilot and I do not have to worry about if it is working or not.
ConsWhat I like least about the software is the ability to reach customer support with an issue. You can not reach them by phone only by email. If I have an issue I most of the time need it fixed in a hurry.
Sports, 1-10 employees
October 15, 2018

“GREAT mileage tracker!”

Overallfantastic, thankful for a way to keep accurate recording
ProsSync with your phone GPS or manually input - the ease of reporting is great for employees, and even for those who are self-employed. Valuable, inexpensive tool! Worth it!
ConsI don't remember to always use it. (that's user, not software issue.....haha)
October 15, 2018
Becky T.
Retail, 11-50 employees
January 29, 2019

“TripLog - an inexpensive, short-term fix”

ProsThe mobile app was easy to use, and accurate. Easy to run reports when needed.
ConsWe had many, many problems uploading into Concur. Support always said that it was on 'Concur's end' - which was not always the case. And support was not always available when needed.
Tim S.
Co-Owner
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
September 4, 2019

“Full Featured, Easy to Use Mileage Tracker for Business Owners”

OverallMy wife no longer has to write down her mileage in a notebook! And I have access to reports for taxes. Very pleased so far!
ProsI selected this mileage tracker for my wife's new dog walking and pet sitting business. She needed an easy to use app that would track her mileage to and from her client's home, but had the flexibility to start and stop the tracker when making side personal trips during the same day. This app permits the manual flexibility to start and stop the tracking. For those who only use their car for business, it also permits automatic start and stop tracking sensing movement of your car. Finally, it has excellent reporting capabilities for use in preparing income tax returns. Very pleased with this product!
ConsDocumentation could have been better for using manual settings, but we finally figured it out! Once my wife got the hang of it, it works like a champ!
September 4, 2019
Sarah F.
LMBT
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
July 28, 2019

“Overall Great Experience”

OverallOverall, this has made managing my business travel expenses so simple.
ProsI own and operate a traveling therapy business. This app has made my life so much easier. It keeps track of my miles for work travel. I love that it is easy to sync with Quick Books as well.
ConsThe only con I can think of is sometimes it doesn't track one of my drives and I have to go in and enter it manually.
July 28, 2019
susan w.
Wholesale, 11-50 employees
January 18, 2019

“great software, great price”

Overallit has helped us immensely in keeping organized.
Prosthis is easy for all our people to use and keeps our records straight for all our vehicles
Consa little hard to understand how to use features initially
Sergey A.
Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees

“Very positive”

ProsVery good reporting Easy to use Many options Well built for small business with a number of employees and trucks.
ConsLots of glitches A little old age in terms of user experience
Mark N.
Wholesale, 1-10 employees
January 25, 2019

“Full-featured Mileage App for Business Owners and Managers”

OverallIt's been helpful in automating our employees' mileage reimbursement requests. No paper forms or Excel spreadsheets anymore. The fleet location map feature has also been a tool we use to efficiently identify employees' location during the day. We also use the app to spot check employees' reported times.
ProsTons of features, lot of detailed reports available, incorporates commute miles, able to import customer name and address to associate with GPS coordinates.
ConsGPS is buggy and doesn't provide complete data at times.
Tracey S.
Bookkeeper
Medical Devices, 11-50 employees
January 25, 2019

“Good automated mileage tracking app”

ProsWhen it works well, it definitely helps our users keep track of their mileage in a more automated way. Previously, our users were tracking mileage on company cars manually and this was leading to a lot of erroneous data. The ability to merge trips and manually edit trips is great. As a manager, it is also nice to be able to track current locations and monitor movement of company vehicles.
ConsSome of my users who aren't technically savvy seem to have a lot of issues with the interface. Also sometime the app doesn't start tracking when the car is turned on or stop when the car is turned off. You have to babysit it a LOT to make sure it tracks correctly. I'm trying to train my users to carefully monitor the app to make sure it's working correctly, but some people are less capable of this than others.
Legislative Office, 11-50 employees
September 9, 2019

“Makes Tracking Miles Easy”

OverallLove how this app makes tracking miles so much easier and faster.
ProsAs someone who has done ride share and delivery, this app saved me a lot of time. It is so easy to use and is so helpful if you are self-employed.
ConsI usually just end up manually starting and stopping the tracking because I sometimes am driving around waiting for a job to be assigned to me. That is more of a personal issue than a complaint about the app.
September 9, 2019
Marita K.
Accounting manager
Retail, 201-500 employees

“Review - TripLog - ”

OverallIt was easy to get started and does what it says: log our trip for easy reporting!
ProsOne place for sales men and office staff to enter and review information for mileage reimbursement.
ConsAn automatic upload of attached receipts would be great - sales staff tends to forget.
Michael B.
Editor
April 24, 2018

“Super easy to track your mileage for business.”

ProsThe software tracks my daily mileage and allows me to easily classify each trip as business or not. Then it tallys it up by week or by month and then at the end of the year to submit to the government. So many great features and settings you can tweak.
ConsNothing much to report. There are occasional glitches where it thinks the trip has ended or was in several segments, but not that often.
April 24, 2018
Wesley J.
Environmental Scientist
Environmental Services, 1-10 employees
March 18, 2018

“An easy way to track mileage across a range of projects”

ProsWe work on a wide range of projects for a range of clients. We have different agreements with each of those clients that require us to track our mileage separately. This application is great for this task. I've really enjoyed the ability to do reporting for the purposes of monthly accounting as well as for annual tax reporting.
ConsSometimes it's aggravating to have to remember to enable the tracking when I get in the car. Turning on the automatic tracking is a good function to address that but then I find myself having to remove a bunch of trips that are personal, not business related.
March 18, 2018
Danielle B.
Behavior Program Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

“Triplog Review”

ProsIt not only tracks your miles but also lets you know the amount of gas that you are using for your specific vehicle and how much that gas costs.
ConsThe manual setting works better than the magic trip feature
Crystal B.
Facility Supervisor
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
February 6, 2019

“Easy to use”

ProsThe software is easy to use, I install and update.
ConsA con for me is sometime the app and car miles do not match and I have to manually change the miles in the app to matc the actual miles on the vehicle.
February 6, 2019
July 12, 2018

“Great for small business owners”

ProsI am the owner of three small businesses and I cannot imagine tracking all of my miles without this software. I use this every time I drive and it knows what vehicle I am using and tracks all of my miles automatically.
ConsIt does drain my phone battery a little but not as bad as other programs I have tried to use. No other cons at this time.
July 12, 2018
Nicole T.
Accounting
Real Estate, 11-50 employees

“Good App”

ProsYou can set it to Bluetooth so it only picks up the car it is suppose to be tracking, instead of any car you drive in.
ConsIt can be troublesome sometimes trying to get it to connect via Bluetooth instead of auto trip, where it will track any trip you take regardless of vehicle (including golf carts!)
Ryan L.
Accounting, 1-10 employees

“Good Product”

ProsI like that I can manually control my miles without the need for auto start function. It does a good job keeping my miles in the proper irs format. It is fairly easy to use but some people may not think so as things change with updates.
ConsI don't like how the pricing structure has changed since I first signed up. I think it could have more control features without needing the new enterprise edition. It will show at times I need to close a trip but there is no trip open. And it will open a trip out of the blue at the time. A fix it needs is a way to close trips in bulk. That is the worst feature the ghost trips.
VJ H.
Business Development Manager
Wireless, 51-200 employees
January 25, 2019

“Great Value for the Road Warrior”

OverallWe use TripLog to keep up with our sales team and their productivity throughout the work day. It allows out management staff to validate customer visits and the teams whereabouts. I would definitely recommend this to any business looking to keep up with their team of employees.
ProsTripLog is very easy to use whether you prefer Android or iOS. The MagicTrip functionality allows you to simply forget this is running in the background and the need to manually start each trip.
ConsHonestly, nothing really. The interface is super easy to use and accuarate.
Aaron T.
Chemicals, 1-10 employees

“Definitely recommended”

ProsWe were using MileIQ and switched to TripLog and it's been much better for us. Better price and I like that it has the Apple Watch app.
ConsWhen I turn it off while traveling I wish there was some kind of reminder to turn it back on because often days pass before I realize that it's not automatically tracking anymore.
Beth S.
bookkeeper
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

“Just What We Need”

ProsTripLog is pretty simple to use. It tracks mileage as needed, without anything too fancy or complicated. The price is by far the best we've found for this kind of service!
ConsThe app could be a little more user friendly, so users can do what they need to without needing to ask too many questions.
Mike L.
VP
Design, 11-50 employees
January 26, 2019

“TripLog Mileage Review ”

OverallOverall our experience has been good. When we do have a problem, support is quick to resolve.
ProsConvenient and easy to use. The format allows even those who resist technology the ability to use.
ConsDifficult to manage changes to users. We have to leave deleted users in the queue and this make it hard to manage current active users.
January 26, 2019
Abigail K.
Associate
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

“Perfect”

ProsHas all the best functions that my team needs.
ConsI actually dont have any complaints about this software.
Kelvin L.
Journeyman Plumber
Construction, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
January 23, 2019

“Easily track mileage”

ProsLove that you don't need to worry about once its active. Yoi just set it and it tracks your mileage where ever you go and stops tracking when your not driving. Easily track your mileage for tax write offs.
ConsThe software does use a bit much of your phones resources. May drain your batteries and your not able to run it in battery save mode on.
January 23, 2019
Kelly F.
Realtor
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
February 7, 2019

“Triplog lag”

OverallWith other similar mile trackers this one landed pretty low on my list after a short time using it. Hopefully when I quit this they heed my feedback and change a little
ProsThe overall appearance of the website and the adaprabiltiy to cellular devices are nice and clean and load quickly without issue.
ConsI didn't like that it seemed a little complicated to keep track of my mileage in an organized way. As a real estate agent I was looking for a more touch and go app that can adjust to my fast lifestyle. Seemed like it kept logging out
February 7, 2019
Dominique R.
Estimator and Project manager
Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees

“WOW”

Overallit helps me a lot to keep my logbook up to date because I am not very disciplined on this point. I do not use the refund function since it's a company fleet vehicle. I only have to keep the logbook of the professional, the staff and the number of liter of Essence.
ProsAuto start Easy to setup More than one car select on Auto start easy to change business activities for a single trip Web access
Consonline report template not easy to setup we can't not setup for company fleet car (no charge for business trip but charge for personal one)
Alison C K.
Retail, Self-employed
January 22, 2019

“Triplog is just plain logical!!”

ProsIt automatically links with the bluetooth in my car, making it superbly easy to track and organize my mileage. I also appreciate that it's smart enough to sense when I'm at a stop light, instead of turning a trip off. The platform is easy to navigate. Looks clean and organized.
ConsTriplog almost does TOO good of a job tracking! Making it abit long to tag each stop as a business or personal.
Neil M.
Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees

“TripLog Review”

OverallI wanted to use TripLog to have visibility into where our sales reps were going and when during regular business hours. TripLog did not give me this information accurately.
ProsI had one chance to convince our sales force that a GPS tracker was in their best interest in terms of claiming business miles more easily and accurately. Initially I had everyone's buy-in, and then the software proved itself to be flaky, inaccurate and unreliable.
ConsIn our experience, the software is flaky, inaccurate and unreliable. Most of our users refused to use it after giving it a try because their trips were not being logged correctly. I believe them because I had the same issues.
Mike E.
Vice President, Operations
Retail, 51-200 employees
January 21, 2019

“Decent solution”

OverallMoving mileage tracking away from an excel sheet to a digital option to see real time reporting.
ProsSimple interface, customization to adjust mileage rates paid.
ConsCumbersome to adjust business vs personal via the app. The auto start functionality is finicky, works most of the time. which elicits doubt in the end user that they're being reimbursed.
January 21, 2019
Tim M.
Pastor
March 7, 2018

“Much easier than pen and paper”

OverallEvery once in a while, I realize I never ended a trip. It would be nice to have a reminder for that.
ProsI really like that I can record and track mileage quickly and easily. Also, I can generate reports to see monthly and yearly totals.
March 7, 2018
Public Safety, 11-50 employees

“I like TripLog”

OverallSo far so good. Great product!
ProsI like that they don't have to do anything to submit their mileage, even thought some do. It seams pretty seamless. It has a lot of options to add receipts and tolls.
ConsThe auto feature of tracking miles confused the user a bit until they saw they could turn off anything the company didn't want to track.
Bobbi J.
Travel Manager
Human Resources, 51-200 employees
February 5, 2019

“Great app”

OverallMy team is able to track their mileage, parking and tolls easily. A previous app we used had inaccurate mileage readings, would fail to track, etc. but we haven't experienced any issues with this app.
ProsThe ease of running reports is the best feature.
ConsI don't have anything that I dislike about this software at this time.
February 5, 2019
Gregory H.
Business Owner & Licensed Professional Real Estate Inspector
Real Estate, Self-employed

“Saves Time & Money”

ProsTripLog is easy to get started right away. The app is easy to use so I keep track of mileage, expenses, & tolls in one app. Great !
ConsThere are some free apps which track mileage, but even though you pay for TripLog, I think it is worth the cost.
Education Management, 201-500 employees

“Cost Effective Solution”

OverallReimbursing for actual mileage.
ProsThe ability to run trip reports, review and make any updates necessary.
ConsApplication stopped working for one employee, still unsure if resolved. Some trips log in at zero miles which then needs to be edited.
Kelli D.
Jr. Accountant
Retail, 201-500 employees

“Not the best system”

ProsEasy to pull mileage reports and can have multiple users.
ConsDoesn't always upload trips, stops recording mileage during trips.
Bradley B.
Senior Fiscal Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

“TripLog Review”

OverallOverall we have not determined how beneficial it has been to switch. Changing the mileage calculating software and issues uploading to QuickBooks have almost erased the time saved by switching over to the app. The support sometimes takes more than a day to respond.
ProsCentralized portal for staff to track their mileage and provides an app to keep track on the go.
ConsThey changed their software so that trips no longer calculate based upon actual driving time (such as using Google Maps or Waze) and now just pull the shortest driving distance. Our policy is to use the manual entry method as we do not want our staff to use the GPS, so this will ultimately cost them a lot in mileage reimbursement.
Jeanette A.
Executive Director
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees
January 28, 2019

“Great service”

OverallAll of our mileage is tracked.
ProsI love that it is so easy to track mileage.
ConsThe magic mileage option sometimes turns back on when I have it paused and I have to delete mileage that doesn't apply to my business.
January 28, 2019
Randy C.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1001-5000 employees

“TripLog”

ProsLots of features other companies don't have.
ConsUses a lot of battery. Reports could be better. Goes off when I am walking sometimes. Doesn't always start in the morning.
Building Materials, 51-200 employees
January 18, 2019

“ TripLog MagicTrip Review”

ProsGreat features on the dashboard and in app. Good app design
ConsiBeacon device doesn't always connect properly
Chasity M.
Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees
December 5, 2018

“I appreciate the tracker but found another one I like better”

ProsIt was easy to learn how to use it but it would freeze up and it was frustrating.
ConsThe freezing was an issue. I went with another mileage tracker.
December 5, 2018
Denise M.
Freelance Proofreader
March 15, 2018

“Easy way to track mileage”

OverallTracks info for tax deductions
ProsTriplog makes it easy for me to track any mileage that can be deducted, whether it is business related or medical.
March 15, 2018
Keri M.
Corporate Leasing Manager
Hospitality, 201-500 employees
October 23, 2018

“Beneficial All Around”

ProsThis programs logs the miles I put on my vehicle for work, as well as calculates the return I can expect to see come tax time.
ConsEvery now and then I will have to go in to edit my to and from, as the GPS tracker wont always get it right.
October 23, 2018