Sellfy Ratings

Overall

About Sellfy

Sellfy is a simple, yet powerful e-commerce platform for creators. Sell digital products, physical goods and subscriptions all from one place. Learn more about Sellfy

Internet, 1001-5000 employees

“Sellfy Review”

OverallI'm solving the problem of having a small team and not having enough money to afford a website developer or take the time to learn and create a site myself.
Pros100 times easier than making my own website store. I had created a wordpress site and downloaded woocommerce and my intention was to use that. However I had launched my youtube channel pretty quickly and needed a site to host and sell my notes. I found sellfy from other youtubers and thought it was a quick solution for the time being. It's so easy to use that I just kept it and have pushed back the creation of my website. Another pro is the customer service, you're very responsive and communicate well to your users. I like that the right features are on Sellfy, nothing crucial like promo codes are missing. It has everything you need to get up and running within a weekend. I also like the way the discount code system is set up. Pretty easy to understand and use. However it would be nice to have a dollar amount taken off as well in addition to the percentage, but this is not a crucial feature for me at the moment, just a nice to have.
ConsBefore the analytic update, what I liked the least was the analytics charts. Now that they're fixed it's more clear however I do not like how the data is calculated. Here's my problem: I have several free products on my site, but I do not want them to count as a purchase because they're $0. I want to know what percentage of people are actually spending money and how much. Counting the $0 purchases doesn't allow me to do this. Also I do not like that date/time stamp of the orders is in regular time military. I also see that purchase amounts for the day, when it comes to the analytics, are not calculated by my time zone. In the email template I'd like to add a hyper link. If this is available I don't see how to do it.
Jim M.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
June 20, 2019

“satisfied user”

OverallVery satisfied with it with the exception of the fact that there is no telephone support - have to rely on them getting back to me by email which can take anywhere from 1 to 3 days. Monthly cost is a bit higher than i am comfortable with but because of its functionality, I am satisfied with it overall.
Prosit's ease of use and versatility - am learning more and more about it all the time
Constakes an extended amount of time to receive word back from customer support. Need more options for product descriptions, various font options, bolding, italics, font color options, etc. Need to offer payment options of direct payment via major credit / debit cards as a lot of my clients do not feel comfortable using PayPal after repeated PayPal issues. I myself enjoy the PayPal feature because the funds are posted immediately to my account. Would also like the option of not permitting buyers to use PayPal payment from their bank accounts as sometimes these payments take several days to process and in some rare instances, the payments are declined by the buyer's bank
June 20, 2019
Travis M.
Education Management, Self-employed
August 31, 2018

“Sellfy Get's Straight to the Point”

OverallThis is easy, fantastic! We made $100K net in the first 4 months of using Sellfy and I know that has to do with the simplicity of the checkout process and the very nice mobile respsive way the website shows up. Simply put, I love Sellfy lol
ProsSellfy has done an incredible job at giving the merchants everything they need with the clutter. We live in a minimalistic age now and to have everything we need to get a store up and running fast is ideal. The support staff at Sellfy is also very fast at responding to your email requests and is always looking for ways to make thre platform better.
ConsI would have liked to have a subscription plan. We had to move a good majority of our business away from Sellfy since we no offer subscription plans. The only other downside might be the product description page. It feels like it needs more personality than just a place for tex and photos. Not sure what it needs but this is something I feel.
Lachlan C.
We inspector
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees
August 31, 2018

“Selling product online - problem free”

OverallI've started a new business with relative ease with the help of this website.
ProsThis program works for you in the background. Once you have a product to sell, sellfy takes care of the rest. While you're sleeping or at work, this website is making transactions for you and sending files. When you wake up, you'll be delighted to know there is money in your account and the hard work (PayPal transfers, emailing large documents) is complete.
ConsI miss the option to add a watermark to PDF regardless of how many pages it is.
Chanetell C.
Graphics Designer
Animation, Self-employed
August 31, 2018

“Sellfy is by far one of the best Digital buyer/seller platforms! ”

OverallSellfy has been great! I have been selling on sellfy for a few years now, with all the new updates/changes that have came to sellfy for sellers it really have been a god sent when it comes to getting my products out there.
ProsSellfy has been great! Like everything it could use new tweaks. The new updates have been more then needed. The categories have been something I have both needed and wanted for a long time now.
ConsNew users are seeming to get turned off because of the prices to become a seller.
Gianni S.
B6
August 31, 2018

“THE WORLD IS YOURS WITH SELLFY”

OverallFound me well and helped me to enlarge my company. Thanks to Sellfy I had the opportunity to promote and build my second business
ProsI personally liked everything and useful for my products. All you need is there
ConsSellfy is evolving and we evolve with it.
E-Learning, Self-employed
December 16, 2018

“Excellent way to set up selling digital products”

OverallI've been selling digital products on Sellfy for 2+ years.
ProsThis service is fast and easy to set up. You design your products, they take care of everything else. The analytics are helpful and the store front is customizable. Also, you can embed purchase links and buy now buttons directly into your website.
ConsThey used to have a free version where you had to pay a higher transaction %, but that has been eliminated. Now you have to pay a monthly fee to get started. It's worth it for me, but for someone just getting started, it might be a deterrent.
December 16, 2018
Media Production, Self-employed
September 2, 2018

“Happy user for almost two years now”

ProsUser interface is stacked with many useful features which help me manage my customer and product portfolios. But most importantly I've been impressed by the constant reliability provided by this platform.
ConsWould love to have more customisation options on the product pages.
September 2, 2018
dave f.
editor
Animation, Self-employed
December 4, 2018

“Sellfy is a great place to start out selling”

OverallOverall, Sellfy was easy to use - always had good response with questions, and the price was very reasonable for someone getting started.
ProsSellfy is a great place to start out if you're selling digital products. If you're new to selling online content, some services can seem too small or grossly too large/expensive. When it comes to what services they offer and how much they cost - it's an excellent balance of features to price. There was lots of things that I thought would be harder to execute but Sellfy has some nice easy to use features.
ConsWhile not a con for Sellfy itself, eventually I did outgrow the needs of what Sellfy was doing for me. It meant that my online business was growing, which is good - and in part to Sellfy. As my business grew, I had some more niche specific needs.
December 4, 2018
Karl T.
Head of Sociology
Education Management, 201-500 employees
August 31, 2018

“An extremely functional sales site for the small business”

OverallWorks perfectly for me as a relatively small scale seller.
ProsSellfy is very easy to use and to uplaod to, and also to integrate into your WP blog. Also very reasonable fees compared to similar sites.
ConsNothing to dislike so far. Everything's worked just fine.
Igor L.
January 21, 2018

“I used Sellfy more than a 3 years”

ProsEasy of use - most liked. Other is bad.
ConsI can advert my site, in Sellfy it's impossible, so what the reason to use Sellfy?No reason now! Now it's expensive with a worst possible customer service!!! i'm used they service for 3 years, and after the new rules - when I asked a price and started to use it I cant back to my free account now, and even after this they deleted my store...pre-paid store!! i am asked Paypal for help back my money for the pre-paid store so now I'm sure they are fraud! guys, do not repeat my mistake.

By Sellfy on August 31, 2018
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience! Yes, due to our pricing changes we no longer offer free plan. This is done to ensure premium support for our paid customers in providing better support and functionality. Legacy accounts are grandfathered and still supported but you can't downgrade to free plan anymore.
January 21, 2018
Alexander C.
Founder of www.startlin.es
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
August 31, 2018

“Great solution for selling digital products”

ProsReally Easy to Setup and Use for selling Digital Products.
ConsWould be cool to have ability to have ability to launch digital store with multiple landing pages for different categories.
Design, Self-employed

“Sellfy review”

Pros- Registration process is simple and straightforward - Setting up a product is easy - Sellfy takes care of the whole payment and digital distribution process - Provides several after sales features such as analytics, order tracking (download completion), e-mail follow up - Integrated e-mail marketing & upsell options
Cons- Redesigned analytics page is probably too detailed, good to have access to the previous one - Cannot see the traffic source with orders in analytics, all orders are shown in the "direct" category - would be good to see where the revenue generating traffic comes from - Only PayPal and Stripe payment options available
Jon B.
Music Composer
October 13, 2019

“Great platform”

OverallSellfy is a super platform for selling my digital content. (Physical items are also permitted but for now I'm sticking to digital).
ProsIt's easy to list products, very user friendly and customer support is very good.
ConsI think the subscription price is high; i prefer them to take commission instead.
October 13, 2019
Armando R.
Central VT
Media Production, 1001-5000 employees
April 23, 2019

“A nice alternative to Shopify for small business”

OverallI've set a couple of Sellfy stores and i found it very straightforward, especially after the setup which is quite easy for less tech-savvy clients.
ProsI like how it makes the setup of a webshop very easy and fast. Very intuitive too. Overall it works well and gives small business a good way to start.
ConsI believe Sellfy could benefit of a price reduction. It isn't that cheap.
April 23, 2019
Douglass R.
Computer & Network Security, Self-employed
August 31, 2018

“Overall a nice platform”

OverallIt's a very valuable platform I recommend it to other people
ProsIT'S ORGANIZED VERY EASY TO USE VERY RELIABLE
ConsMany of the old features that made selfie great I have been taken away
Shawn T.
Media Production, Self-employed

“Great Service”

OverallIt gives me a way to sell digital downloads of my videos in an easy way.
ProsI like the ease of use. It has a good clean look and is easy for my clients to order my products.
ConsI wish I could limit the amount of downloads my clients get. It's set at 5 as a default. I would like to have control of that. I only want my clients to get 1 download per purchase.
Kieran L.
Beatmaker
September 1, 2018

“My experiences with Sellfy”

ProsMan. Sellfy is easy to use. Definitely a good way to market your products especially if you are a producer like myself, marketing drums could never be so easier.
ConsSubscription fee will run your pockets dry. Make sure you selling but not too much lol.
September 1, 2018