Rural Billing Ratings

Overall

About Rural Billing

Rural Billing utility billing is a simple-to-use, expandable and affordable billing solution. Unlike billing systems that are too complex, too limited or too expensive for the smaller utility, Rural Billing contains all the necessary features at an economical price. Learn more about Rural Billing

Sandra S.
June 17, 2016

“AWESOME SOFTWARE”

OverallI love the Rural Billing!!!! It is easy to understand! I love the tech support help! I have nothing but great things to say about this software!!!
ProsPros: I love how you can talk to the support. I love how you can print anything you need to on the bills. It is very easy to learn and work with. I am thankful for being able to talk to a "REAL PERSON"!! Very fast and easy emailing, calling. I LOVE how the tech support can go into your computer and help you with anything you need!!!! I think it is a great help to any company that they send the billing sheets out without even asking! I wasn't ever trained for this job and I have called many, many times needing help and the gentleman that I speak with has always treated me with the most respect and encourages me and helps me to learn whatever I need to know!!! I am very blessed to have such a fantastic software!!! Thank you all!!
ConsThe only problem I can say is one thing: The activity sheet is hard to explain and break down to the older customers. I have went to show details and still had to go step by step to explain why a customer owed what they did. It is easy if they have a bill no late fee and pay it! That is simple. The ones I need more help with are like a person owes a bill, then late fee applied, then another bill, they make a payment, it needs to be able to be placed under the bill they are making a payment for. I can give you a customer to show you a example for. I have to sit with the customer and go step by step adding and taking away to come up with why they owe each thing. I know this is hard to understand but please feel free to email me or call me so I can help you understand. 256-354-2359
Recommendations to other buyersI would love to be able to print more on the front side of the bill where we could fit more characters.
June 17, 2016
C. Darren R.
Manager/Superintendent
July 6, 2017

“Rural Billing is by far the most user friendly software we have seen when comparing to others. ”

OverallAll the current technology available, with respect to software itself, but mostly customer service. We get any/all updates when they become available, but we get timely customer service which I like. If there ever is a problem, we simply e-mail Rural Billing, and usually within a few hours we receive a response indicating when and how it will be resolved. I don't ever remember having to beg for help, which is nice.
ProsIt is simple, and easy to use, with account information quickly accessed. There are no needless screens or info to navigate thru when analyzing customer inquiries.
ConsThe only thing I can think of is the activity screen is reflected on two pages instead of one, when choosing the default dates. Other than that, I have no complaints.
July 6, 2017
Alisa H.
Town Clerk/Finance Officer
May 29, 2019

“Municipal Government Water Billing Software and Support Review”

OverallRural Billing has been a great tool for us regarding our water billing. We are a small town with about 600 water customers. We are a staff of two. Town Clerk & Deputy Clerk. With Rural Billing and our radio transponder meters programs we have our billing process down to a one day operation. Posting payments, adjusting accounts, etc. Is very easy. The Redline Data Support Group have been awesome to work with. Haven't had a problem yet they couldn't solve.
ProsThe software is very easy to use and most of it is self explanatory or has help drop downs to explain things.
ConsI can't really come up with anything that I dislike.
May 29, 2019
Mary Lou H.
City Clerk
January 22, 2018

“Very user friendly.”

OverallIt helps me manage my water utility with billing, reports, usage, etc.
ProsWhen I started in my position as city clerk, the program was already in place. I had nobody to train me so I virtually self taught myself. It is very easy to use. The customer service is very good. They respond right away and solve any issues that you may have.
ConsWhen you post a payment that is more than the balance due it has a pop up that asks you if you are sure, but really it's a good thing because it prevents errors.
January 22, 2018
Susan D.
Office Admin
September 26, 2016

“Rural Billing is a great product!”

OverallRural Billing is an excellent software program. It is easy to learn and easy to use. It's features are very useful. Customer support is always available and any questions are answered in a timely manner.
ProsThe software is very easy to understand and use.
Recommendations to other buyersI highly recommend the use of this software. The ease of use and functionality of this software combined with the dependable customer support team is outstanding. We have been a customer for 2+ years and have always had a great experience with Rural Billing.
September 26, 2016
BRENDA C.
OFFICE MGR.
February 25, 2011

“MY JOB- MADE EASIER”

Overall110 %.....Would recommend to everyone.....As close to a perfect program as you can get.....
ProsNothing negative about Redline. Easy to use, even for a computer illiterate person .Every report you can think of .. space for additional info... such as spouse, mate, SS #, drivers license, etc. Handhelds are great .They alert you if reading seem to be out whack. Messages can be entered..example .. BAD DOG, etc. Billing easy & fast. .. by account #, zip code, etc. Entering new customer - a breeze. Refunding deposits simple. Entering pmts, easy. Mistake made...easily fixed. Wrong ck # can be fixed. Adj. can't be made without an explanation... Really like this feature. Redline is a secure system. If I need help (which, sometimes is often) I email Eric & have a response or a call shortly. Make a mistake, Eric fixes them or tells me how to fix . I need something not in the program & it will benefit others, he will try to incorporate it into the program. I LOVE THIS PROGRAM. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT .Feel free to email me.
ConsThe only con I can think of, is that all water system don't have Redline. If we were all linked together perhaps we could catch all the customers owing money that move to another water system or put the water in someonelse's name. Or maybe we're the only system that happens to....ha
February 25, 2011
Kathy K.
August 22, 2017

“difficulty in coordinating communication between two programs.”

OverallThe ability to up grade and to modernize to adapt to our changing needs.
ProsThe software has continued to upgrade and evolve to be compatible with more meter reading programs, The technical support service I received went above and beyond the call of duty.
ConsIt took a little bit of time to find out we do not require a bridge for the programs to communicate.
August 22, 2017
VERLORIA W.
CLERK
June 6, 2018

“I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THIS SOFTWARE; VERY USEFUL SOFTWARE.”

OverallONLINE SUPPORT IS VERY GOOD AND ALSO ALL THE UPDATES.
ProsI LIKE THE EASE OF USING THIS SOFTWARE. IT IS VERY EASY TO USE AND I LIKE NOT THAT THE CUSTOMERS HAVE THE OPTION OF PAYING ONLINE.
ConsI DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS SOFTWARE AT ALL. THERE IS NOTHING THAT I DO NOT LIKE ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE. I AM VERY SATISFIED.
June 6, 2018
Renee K.
water department clerk
Government Administration, 11-50 employees
May 31, 2019

“rural billing the bomb”

ProsThe system is very user-friendly with a good support staff
ConsCant program to automatically change cycles
May 31, 2019
Kim K.
office manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
October 16, 2018

“office manager”

ProsIt's user friendly, quick response when having issues
ConsStill haven't got addresses to flood into our software for AMR reader.
October 16, 2018
Evelyn F.
Utility Clerk
November 20, 2017

“I have never had any issues with getting help!”

ProsI like the ease of use the most. It is easy to use, and input any data as well as printing off anything I need.
November 20, 2017
Jolene H.
City Clerk
December 13, 2016

“Great for a Small Town”

OverallOur very small town has been using the system for almost 3 years. I love the ease of use and the reasonal cost. It has many other functions that are helpful, too. I love the way it's put together. I have used other systems and they were so cumbersome and complicated, it drove me crazy. For our situation, this one gets the job done. I highly recommend it.
ProsEase of use. Nice looking system. Gets the job done.
December 13, 2016
Chad W.
Village President
August 6, 2014

“Redline Data Rural Billing Solution”

OverallOur community purchased the Redline Data Rural Billing Solution over a year ago. We are a small community that needed a solution that was easy to impliment and maintain. This solution was perfect for what we needed from both a cost perspective and functionality. We were able to install and configure the solution within a few days and it was very easy to convert our manual billing system over to the Rural Billing solution. The Rural Billing application includes all of the features and functions that high dollar solutions include, but cost is based on the size of your community. The Redline support group is top notch and they go out of their way to work with their customers to ensure that problems are taken care of in a timely manner. We have been very satisfied with the billing product and services that we have received from Redline Data.
August 6, 2014
Becky W.
Water Clerk
June 17, 2013

“BRIVE”

OverallThis is the only water billing program I have used, and I have used it about 18 months. The program has a lot of features that we don't use, but I think we should. The help desk is excellent. The program creates very useful reports.
Pros The program is easy to understand. When you have several entries of money, it always lets you know if it adds up. If you have a problem or question, you can send an e-mail or phone call to the help line and quickly get it corrected. I enter payments and readings.
ConsWe do not use the automatic meter readers so I can't tell you about them. Also, we enter all payments as cash, and we don't do receipts.
June 17, 2013
Stephen P.
January 4, 2016

“I have had a good experience with the software.”

OverallMost features are good but there are a couple that could be somewhat different. Meter changes and readings are a big concern here. Changing out meters and entering new readings are impossible if we are reading to do billing.

By Redline Data Systems on February 2, 2017
Thank you for your review! Meters and their associated readings may not be changed if the information has been sent into the field to be read via handheld/AMR. This ensures the information remains consistent between the main system and handheld/AMR. Once the readings have been pulled into the main system, or the reading assignment cancelled, the information can be modified as desired.
January 4, 2016
Barb R.
Billing Clerk
August 4, 2015

“Rural Billing is one of the easiest software packages I have ever worked with. Great package.”

OverallLove the ease of the software, one click for where/what you want to perform. I had very little training, with the previous person, had lots of questions when I was on my own. The support staff walked me through every step. The staff returned emails/phone calls within a very short period of time with a thorough explanation. If you make a suggestion on something you would like to be able to perform or have the package do, they are working on a solution at their earliest convenience. Reports are very easy to analysis and modify. Great package, support, would highly recommend!!!
August 4, 2015
Sandy H.
Senior Staff Assistant
October 1, 2014

“Redline Data Systems for Rural Billing”

Overall Over all I would say that Rural Billing is great and that I am still learning how to use the system. There are times that I struggle in knowing exactly what to do @ which time I do not hesitate to contact Support Redline for assistance . The great part about contacting Redline Customer Service is that they are always willing & ready to assist in whatever is needed, along with walking me thru the steps that I need to learn with our County's Rural Billing. Redline Customer Service is awesome!
October 1, 2014
Amy M.
Water Board Clerk
January 27, 2011

“Excellent Program”

OverallI have recommended this program to several systems who are now using it. I have had systems come to my office to view the Rural Billing set up and it's operations.
ProsThe program is easy to learn and use. Excellent Technical Support. Technical support is easy to understand, and they are quick to respond to any situations. When I have a question, I always speak to the same person, who knows my system. It is not a different person every time I call.
ConsWe have no complaints.
January 27, 2011
Rhonda W.
Bookkeeper
February 14, 2011

“Use of Rural Billing”

OverallWe looked at several programs before going with Rural Billing. Rural Billing was the best program for our business and had everything we needed in a billing program. I recommend this program to any one who has thought about changing their billing program.
ProsWas able to convert old files from old system and creat new account numbers for each account. Was able to change reading meters over to new electronic reading to run bills.
ConsCan not think of any at this time.
February 14, 2011
Thomas K.
Councilman/Water Billing Clerk
September 4, 2015

“The software does exactly what I want for the water billing in our small community. ”

OverallI would refer this software to anyone. The customer support is fantastic. I have made suggestions for software changes and this change was included in one of the updates. I have worked for many years for a large municipal utility with their billing system and the customer support for their software should take lessons from Redline Data Systems. Keep up the great work. It sure makes my job easier. Thanks
September 4, 2015
Bobbie Sue H.
accountant
February 17, 2011

“Great product”

OverallAllow more space for notes & integrated an easier way for transferring owners.
ProsSoftware is easy to use.
ConsWe really had no major issues with this software...when we first began using we were unable to save reports in .pdf format, but that was upgraded soon after. It would be beneficial if there was more space to input notes on the owners accounts & an easier way to show transfer of ownership.
February 17, 2011
karen k.
secretary
January 31, 2011

“millerstown borough review”

OverallCompletely recommend Redline & this version of rural billing.
ProsEric is a wonderful source of information & always a complete pleasure to work with! I have all of my concerns & issues solved timely & explained how to avoid reoccurrences. I love the system. Any suggestions I hae have been implemented in updates.
ConsNone that I can think at this time.
January 31, 2011
BECKY T.
WATERCLERK
December 16, 2013

“REDLINE DATA RURAL BILLING SYSTEM”

OverallCITY OF MOUNDVILLE HAS USED REDLINE DATA SYSTEMS FOR 11 YEARS . THE SIMPLE USE OF THE PROGRAM IS GREAT. EVERYTHING IS UPDATED AS NEEDED . I HAVE ENJOYED THE SERVICE THEY HAVE PROVIDED US . THEY HAVE A EXCELLLENT SUPPORT GROUP . WHEN I HAVE A PROBLEM AND CALL THE SUPPORT IS QUICK TO GET IN CONTACT WITH ME . I DON'T KNOW OF ANY CONS ABOUT REDLINE .
December 16, 2013
Rhonda S.
February 15, 2011

“Simple and Efficient”

OverallI highly recommend Rural Billing and would not consider another system for my utility billing needs.
ProsThis system is very easy to learn and is user-friendly. Reliability is 100%, and the cost-effectiveness is amazing. I have never had a problem with the system, and Eric is very accomodating with support, questions, and other items.
ConsThere are none.
February 15, 2011
Stacey B.
December 15, 2016

“Redline systems ”

OverallThis software is perfect for small water systems and very affordable. We have about 40-meter connections and use an automatic meter reading system. This software works great for us. Tech support is fast and easy. I would recommend it to any small water system
December 15, 2016
mary n.
bpa clerk
April 5, 2016

“Easy to understand and use”

OverallI had a few problems at first understanding how to fix problems but a quick call and customer service had me on track! This software has made my job so much easier. The tech dept is amazing! Every time I run into a problem, a quick email and I know I will get a quick response and help in no time.
April 5, 2016
Linda J.
March 14, 2013

“Billing Program”

OverallWould recommend this program to anyone planning to purchase new software for a billing system!
ProsGreat program for our water billing system! Very easy to use and navigate to each portion of customer file.
ConsWould like to have the capability of printing out more than one report on a page.
March 14, 2013
Melinda O.
March 6, 2014

“Shippingport Borough, Pa. Water Billing”

OverallWe have been using the services of Rural Billing for approximately 6 years and have been extremely pleased with it. The program is easy to use and the support team is very helpful to fix any problem that we have. Overall we would recommend any community to use Rural Billing.
March 6, 2014
Kevin C.
Billing Clerk
May 3, 2016

“Rural Billing”

OverallRural Billing software is an easy program to utilize for small municipalities. The support for technical assistance is beyond anything I have ever experienced. quick turnaround and friendly help!!
May 3, 2016
Stephanie M.
October 5, 2015

“Software and support have been GREAT!”

OverallThe software has been extremely user friendly. When I cannot figure something out, support has been very helpful and timely with all of my requests. I could not be more happy with my decision of choosing Rural Billing.
October 5, 2015
Andrea T.
Water Clerk
August 13, 2014

“Rural Billing ”

OverallSince we have got this program my job is so much easier. The customer service department are very helpful. They get back to us very quickly and are very friendly. They even remind us when the office will be closed for holidays.
August 13, 2014
KATHY H.
CLERK
January 6, 2014

“KATHY HASSETT- TOWN OF VINCENT WATER BOARD- CLERK”

OverallTHE WATER BOARD HAS BEEN ON THIS SYSTEM AT LEAST TEN YEARS AND I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS SOFTWARE FOR ANY KIND OF UTILITY BUSINESS. IT IS SO USER FRIENDLY AND PROVIDES ALL ANYONE WOULD NEED TO KEEP EVERYTHING INVOLVED IN THIS BUSINESS UP TO DATE.
January 6, 2014
Lois C.
Purchasing Agent
October 11, 2012

“Redline Program”

OverallVery Good program
ProsReally like the ease in posting both new readings and payments
ConsWould like actual sprinkler spot rather than gas Would like the capability to send letters, i.e. the customer base for annual or semi annual flushing
October 11, 2012
Vanessa C.
Secretary
November 16, 2015

“Excellent system and very easy to use.”

OverallI"ve been using Redline billing for years its very easy lay out. The billing gives accuracy on amount to bill customers. If I ever have problems or questions, Redline is always great to help.
November 16, 2015
Diane B.
April 3, 2015

“The best customer service.”

OverallThere is nothing bad I can say, I love this billing program and they kept everything up to date. The customer service is outstanding, I can not express enough how great they are.
April 3, 2015
Cathy S.
Billing and accounting
October 17, 2013

“Redline Data Systems Rural Billing”

OverallVery easy to set up, runs well and the support is on top of any issues which are few and far between. As necessary reports are requested by our accountants the soft ware is updated to provide them. Great price as well.
October 17, 2013
Tina Y.
City Recorder
May 15, 2013

“Great program!”

OverallI would recommend highly.
ProsProgram is easy to use and flows well. Customer service is top rate being prompt, helful and friendly whenever needed.
ConsFrom my experience, I see no cons.
May 15, 2013
Nancy V.
February 18, 2011

“Highly recommend Redline Data”

OverallHighly recommend
ProsRedline's rural billing program is very user friendly and the support team is quick & efficient. They are constantly updating the program to fit the needs of their customers.
ConsNo major cons
February 18, 2011
Tracy B.
July 8, 2015

“Looks & Works great”

OverallAt first it was difficult to find the history of an account (activity), but once I took the time to review all of it; in time it has become a bit easier~ Works great
July 8, 2015
Sally K.
February 6, 2013

“Rural Billing Review”

OverallThis is a great system and I highly recommend it.
ProsIf I have any question, customer support is easy to contact. - The system is easy to use
Consnone that I can think of
February 6, 2013
Samilda H.
Billing clerk
October 24, 2014

“Summerhill Borough”

OverallProgram very user friendly. Customer Service is very prompt returning calls and are very helpful. Would recommend the program.
October 24, 2014
dale j.
Village clerk
June 4, 2014

“Rural Billing”

Overalleasy to use, great interface, great support staff, many features in one package. would recommend to anyone big or small.
June 4, 2014
Sarah B.
City Auditor
March 16, 2015

“City Auditor”

OverallVery good customer service and support.
March 16, 2015