Poindexter Ratings

Overall
4.9/5
4.9/5
4.8/5

About Poindexter

Poindexter is the easiest way to produce comprehensive financial projections and budgets. No technical knowledge in finance or MS Excel required. Our plug-and-play play platform enables anyone to quickly create full income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements for new business plans. Easily fine-tune the profitability of your business strategy by analyzing multiple scenarios. Learn more about Poindexter

Kenneth E.
Accounting, 1-10 employees
June 23, 2016

“Excellent tool to help my entrepreneur clients ”

OverallI am a CPA and a few of my clients have been itching to start new ventures. Although I'm quite good with excel, it still takes time and brainpower to properly determine the viability of their ideas - and those models will likely need to be adjusted or scrapped. Luckily, I stumbled across Poindexter and I coached my clients on how to use it. The website is easy to use and basically walks the user through "modules" where they set their assumptions (i.e. on an advertising campaign, whats the average cost per click? how many clicks per conversion? etc) and from there, it will spit out financial projections. These models can be as simple or as extensive as the user wishes. As a CPA, I can spend less time developing excel models and more time determining the viability of an idea based on the models and underlying assumptions my clients present to me within Poindexter.
ProsThe easy to use interface that basically walks an entrepreneur through assumptions used in creating a financial model. Pricing is free or very cheap if one upgrades (totally worth it).
ConsNot many. There's not really anything else like this on the market and if there is, its cost prohibitive - especially to entrepreneurs.
Recommendations to other buyersFor the bootstrapped entrepreneur who refuses to use the help of a financial analyst or CPA, I'd definitely recommend obtaining a basic understanding of financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet...and for the more adventurous, the Cash Flow Statement) and playing around with how changes in assumptions impact those projected financials. That knowledge paired with the help of this software can probably help you sift out a good chunk of the crumby ideas. That said, I'd highly recommend asking a professional to at least take a look at your final model/idea before starting a venture.
June 23, 2016
Josefina V.
Consultor externo de SAP MM PM
April 24, 2018

“Established tool to generate projects within the company and measure investments”

ProsI have tested this tool for a short time and it allows me to generate projects within the company, looking for a better projection of short and long term investments, it has been very easy
ConsIt is a tool that requires constant evolution because there are times when the processes seem a bit robust
April 24, 2018
April 8, 2018

“It's an one of a kind software to manage my monthly/annual financial projects and budgets.”

OverallIt really helps me finalize a decision real fast based on the prioritizations and simulation of business outcomes.
ProsUpgradation is not painful as this software is worth it. It had really helped me create a financial plan for my business and I don't have to think about feasibility of projects anymore because it plans and makes assumptions on my part.
ConsI really hate naming of some modules, and I started with a free version with no help with downloading, and I wish they show me more graphs and stats.
April 8, 2018
Luke O.
Managing Director
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
June 15, 2016

“If you think you have a good idea/app/product, use poindexter first!”

OverallI am a software developer and I get a lot of people coming to me with "I got this great idea"'s. Some sound good, some sound crazy, but Poindexter lets me talk sense into these people. I ask them to quickly put together a financial projection of their idea. Include basic dev costs and hosting and then basic revenue streams. 5 minutes and they get a number saying if they are crazy or not!
ProsI really liked the sample project they provide to help me understand. Also the help and explanations for each of the fields was invaluable.
ConsThe live updating of numbers I like. But it needs to be on more screens.
Recommendations to other buyersSeriously, this software will save you lots of time and money before you embark on a project or investment.
Jeff B.
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
July 7, 2016

“Very Fast and Flexible”

OverallI used Poindexter to forecast my real estate business investments, and was very impressed by how quickly I was able to start generating insights. The UI made learning the software very straight forward, and once I began to dive in I started to realize how powerful it really is.
ProsIt was free to start, which meant no risk to me. This is going to help make my investment analysis process much quicker and more productive.
ConsThe naming of some modules can limit your initial perception of what they're capable of doing.
Recommendations to other buyersDon't invest in a new business venture until you at least run some numbers through Poindexter first.
July 7, 2016
Sean M.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
June 21, 2016

“Easy to use!”

OverallI've started a few companies, and I wish I found this earlier. I loved how quickly I was able to test the assumptions of my business plan, and how simple it was to run through different scenarios.
ProsThis app is really easy to use, and in a matter of minutes I was producing financial data for my company. Poindexter is a real time saver.
ConsI would love to see some more graphs, and visuals.
Recommendations to other buyersHonestly, just give Poindexter a shot. You literally have nothing to lose, and everything (especially time) to gain.
June 21, 2016
Melanie W.
June 11, 2017

“Fantastic tool for entrepreneurs. ”

ProsPoindexter is a financial projection software that is easy to use. Put in numbers and it gives you projections immediately.
ConsThe Basic free version does not allow downloads. But the Pro version allows unlimited downloads to Excel.
June 11, 2017
Rajesh R.
June 8, 2016

“Great Product”

OverallAwesome design and handy Product that every entrepreneur should own
June 8, 2016
Chris F.
Integration developer
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

“Excellent product”

OverallI checked out the tool and looks great. Very clean design and couldnt find any faults with the interfaces or designs. Most importantly being able to access your pertitant small business data anywhere is essential and this co. nails it.
ProsEntrepreneurs and small businesses
ConsNot sure if this could scale to enterprise but that might not be their target audience