TSheets Ratings

Overall

About TSheets

Intuitive, easy to use time tracker with unlimited free phone or online support. Employees can track time anywhere using an Android or iOS mobile phone, computer, tablet, text, dial-in number and so much more with clock in/out punch card or manual timesheet flexibility. Managers can see who's working, where, what projects - all in real time. Integrated with Xero, QuickBooks, Sage, ADP, and more. TSheets syncs up real timesheet data for faster, more accurate payroll, billing and invoicing. Learn more about TSheets

Carolyn R.
Chief Move Maker
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees
October 14, 2019

“Fantastic Customer Service”

OverallTsheets has helped me speed up my payroll process (down to about 5 minutes to double check and submit payroll). We use Tsheets project reports to track progress on each job, and invoicing is simple using either Quickbooks or the project reports. Adding Unpaid Time Off to the Scheduling feature has allowed us to retire our shared company google calendar, which we were outgrowing.
ProsBesides the speedy and thorough customer service (thank you BD1 et al), I love the fact that Tsheets integrates with Quickbooks desktop. We use the data for both payroll and invoicing, which saves us hours each week. We also just started using Tsheets for scheduling, eliminating yet another piece of software needed.
ConsThe top item on my wish list is for Tsheets to sync with google calendar quickly. Other than that, there are a few minor features I'm hoping Tsheets will add, such as the ability for a manager to approve a single shift instead of an entire day, which will be great for companies with employees that work for multiple clients.
October 14, 2019
William B.
Senior Management Consultant
Automotive, 10,001+ employees
October 10, 2019

“Great software for creating schedules and tracking time”

OverallBeing able to track my employee's time, to manage payrolls in a faster way and keeping in touch with everyone's schedule are some of the benefits TSheets has given me ever since I started implementing it in my work. And not only it works to keep track of other employees but also for myself; I can track the time that I work in a certain project for a client that needs me to give a report of my time spent on each ongoing project. In general, TSheets has been an amazing tool that keeps making my life easier and free from the stress of having to do everything manually and by myself. With this software, the amount of work is decreased and I am given a helpful tool to help me go through my day without any issues regarding employees' arrival time.
ProsI've been using TSheets since I started working in management, and it has been a great resource for my job, to the point that it has saved me hours of work that can be spent in something different. TSheets is amazing for checking times of every employee in a digital format that is displayed uniquely on the site's main page. Its GPS tool was not something I knew I needed until I tried it, and it works perfectly to match the employees' time and their locations. When it comes to money-saving, I think TSheets does an amazing job being in charge check-ins and outs, instead of us having to do everything manually, and it surely has made me save money that was being wasted by carefully analyzing my employee's work. TSheets has been a very devoted software since the start, continuously giving reports in real-time and bringing great answers to my questions every time I contact their customer support. In terms of functionality, I like that it supports diverse devices that work amazingly no matter in what type of network I'm in; it has the reliability I want to find in every software because it's important for me being able to access the softwares that I need for my work everywhere. It is a program that combines multiple tools to give amazing results tracking-wise, one of my favorite tools being the scheduling that I can do before any project starts along with the payroll option that allows me to estimate how much it's being wasted on everything, to eventually process it successfully.
ConsTSheets can come off as pricey, especially for a small business like me. Its prices range from free to a large amount of money but in my opinion, its benefits are worth it and I'm not sure there is another software as supportive of their customers as TSheets. Another thing that could be improved a little bit more are the way the reports are made, I would like to be able to go deeper into a report instead of keeping it simple. But it's not that much of a problem.
October 10, 2019
Tad S.
Office Manager/Estimator
September 27, 2019

“Solid Platform Excellent Customer Service”

OverallTSheets has been a excellent tool that has provided us with metrics that are invaluable. The customer service has always been very responsive and knowledgeable.
ProsEase of use. Ability to track jobs, tasks and employee location and hours. We are able to run several useful reports on jobs or employees. For any given day you can find out where your employee is as well as what he was doing specifically. The employee can also add notes to their time card.
ConsThere really aren't many cons. If Tsheets offered a foreman's daily report function , that would be great.
September 27, 2019
Joanne H.
Sr Accountant
Accounting, 11-50 employees

“T Sheets is awesome”

ProsI love the easy of access the most. I can access from anywhere. I can assist clients when I'm out and about, I don't have to be stuck in the office all day. Job cost made easy. Reports are fabulous. Your Support staff are all great. Customer service rep helped me today and of course once again,
Consum, Hmm. I'll have to get back to you on this one.
Stacia L.
Office Manager/HR/Finance
September 17, 2019

“Tracking Time & Projects with TSheets”

OverallWe just completed our first round of invoicing since using TSheets company wide and find that the project break down reporting have made the switch from another time clocking app to TSheets completely worth the transition. We look forward to further customizing and using TSheets for our company that best suit our needs.
ProsSo far we really like the project reporting and are looking forward to start using TSheets to help automatic invoicing in Quickbooks. I am in the office use the time clocking features from my computer and find it very easy to use. Of course bugs come with any new program you use whether on your end or the developers. The great thing about TSheets is the customer support - I have yet to have a bad experience and have made multiple phone calls or chat discussions.
ConsSo far the one glitch we wish was easier is adding Breaks. It would be super helpful to be able to add or edit your break time from the time sheet editor box. Customer support has acknowledged this and say they also run into this issue.
September 17, 2019
Jessica Y.
August 27, 2019

“Ease of Use”

OverallAwesome. Customer service has been always great and accessible. The follow-up and follow-through is amazing and makes me feel valued as a consumer.
ProsEase of Use is definitely on the top of my list. To be able to seamlessly transition between clients and projects without stopping my timer and opening up window upon window or tab upon tab makes life easier. Reporting is also easy and allows me to identify how much time I've spent on a client and/or project, what's billable, and how staff spent their time. It also allows my company to be in compliance with overtime based on company settings and breaks by just having a separate button for that. Love it.
ConsI don't currently like that if a client has a subclient/project/job (whatever you call it), you have to track your time at the subclient level and are no longer able to track at the client level. Timekeeping should be flexible enough to allow for both.
August 27, 2019
Shelly T.
Vice President
Food Production, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
August 9, 2019

“Set Up Made Easy”

OverallTsheets has helped me manage my employees schedules, track their time, integrate with quickbooks payroll. This way I don't have to spend time looking at a different time system, printing the pdf document and then entering in the employees time into quickbooks to pay the employee. Also our company always has some employee that "forgot" to punch in or out and I was always having to fix it for them. Tsheets gives me the ability to have them fix it themselves or have another manager edit the time. The app is very user friendly and it seems to work well for my company.
ProsThe best thing about Tsheets for me is that I can use it with my quickbooks payroll and my employees can track their time and manage their missed clock in & outs themselves. This has really saved me some time during my day to give my employees some responsibility for their timesheets.
ConsThere is not much I don't like but if I have to pick one it would be the price. I am on the advanced level of quickbooks and use payroll also, and for the price I pay for that I think tsheets should be included as part of my subscription because they work so well together.
August 9, 2019
Cindy B.
Closeout Specialist & HR Administrator
May 21, 2018

“What a Time Saver!”

OverallIt saves me at least four hours per week on payroll, so I can work on other projects. It's also easy, clean, and simple to use. I spend a lot less time asking employees for information they were forgetting to write down.
ProsThis app has single-handedly reduced our employee-touch payroll tasks by at least 30% in under a week. Onboarding is super simple. We've traditionally balked at using an app for employee time-keeping because they usually overpromise and underdeliver. We have a unique set of problems with payroll because we track employee drive time and work time separately, and we have to compare employee time with GPS locations of our vehicles. This is because we have crews splitting off from each other all of the time, getting in and out of different trucks, working on different jobs for different customers, etc. We piece it all back together in the office based on sometimes incomplete reports, and this is the FIRST time we've ever seen a solution that actually WORKS for all of the little nuances we have. There are six user-created optional tracking fields that we've set up to track per diem, payroll notes, employee notes to the office, the truck the employee was assigned to at the time, etc. We're able to set up unlimited customers and jobs (another problem we've had with TSheets's competitors in the past when we've previously tried to adopt an application). And the best part is the employees love it. Their previous option was to fill in a Google Sheets timesheet or a paper timesheet, both of which were cumbersome for them to keep up with. The TSheets app saves your last inputted job, so they just have to go in and change what's different - they don't have to re-input anything. Wonderful!
ConsSo far, the only thing that we've stumbled over was a minor inconvenience. You can't batch edit an employee's time entries. Each entry is considered a "time sheet" by itself, so if an employee chooses the wrong job, and we have to fix it, we may have to touch each time entry and open it to edit. It's STILL way faster than manually entering everyone's time. It also pulls directly into QuickBooks, so it eliminates a lot of time we used to spend on data entry to a payroll summary and then again after we've approved that report the data entry into QuickBooks. We've cut payroll down from taking two and a half days to a little more than one work day. We're definitely happy customers, and we've only been using it for three weeks.
May 21, 2018
Michael S.
May 3, 2017

“Dominic was very prompt very polite very personable and very helpful!”

Overallorganization and time savings are the two biggest benefits
ProsOverall ease of use is phenomenal! its extremely convenient, my employees love it. the cloud access is probably my favorite feature. being able to add and edit job codes from the mobile app is great! theres just so many things i love about the software that i cant begin with a review and keep it under 1500 words. in short i like the: compatibility with xero, square and others, i like the functions it can provide with scheduling, job reports etc. the pto is simple and easy to understand which is great. The customer service is absolutely out of this world. i think that might actually be my favorite part of the software. i cant thank you guys enough for putting such an emphasis on that end of things! in todays day and age its a lost service and dealing with tsheets support is always pleasant, easy and fast! very very refreshing!!
Consthe cons i have are, certain functions are a little hard to get the hang of, for instance the overtime calculator and job costs function, i wish there was a way to add expenses to each employee such as insurance, social security, medicare etc so i could have an itemized list of what each job actually costs and what percentage of it is fixed costs and what can be trimmed or cut out. The complexity and highly indepth nature could be considered a con or a pro its a double edged sword really, i love all of the functions but i feel as though i need to take a class just to understand all of the functions and how to properly use them to make tsheets as effective as it can possibly be. so the in depth nature is fantastic if i were to take the time to train myself or pay to train an employee but a bit of a con when i dont exactly have a ton of spare time to train myself and budgets are tight due to re investing into the company tools and etc. i realize calling that a con is a bit of a stretch because it should be figured into company budget for training/reinvesting but a simplified version could be good or step by step tutorials for each individual function would help so i can train myself on what immedeately is important vs training on the entire software on some stuff i may never need/use. hope that helps! your software is amazing! keep up the fantastic work!!
May 3, 2017
Connie P.
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
March 2, 2017

“Excellent Support and Service”

OverallI was attempting to set up an automated break for all staff that would occur for 30 minutes in each five hour work period. I could not get it to work so emailed my request. Customer service representative sent me an email and asked me some questions. He then followed up with me the next day, but I was not available to take his call. When I called back, I had the best, professionally customer service experience. From the person that initially answered the phone, through to the complete conversation with Customer service representative, exceptional service; when on hold while attempting to connect me with David, the person came back after one minute to apologize for leaving me on hold and let me know she was still trying to connect with David; stopped anytime I spoke and listened to what I had to say without interrupting and so on. Customer service representative reviewed my requirements and advised, he would speak to the techs and see what they could do for us. It has been a long time since I experience this amazing customer service. By the very next day the automated breaks worked perfectly. When I spoke to my associates, they commented that they were also very impressed with the customer service and sincere interest in resolving their issues in a timely manner, anytime they called.
ProsAnytime we have come up against something that was not working correctly or hoped to have customized for our company, the Tsheets team was able to accommodate it, usually within a day. Amazing customer care! The Tsheets system makes hourly tracking so easy and you can quickly determine where the staff were during the day and when they logged out.
ConsOnly thing is that GPS does not track the arrival time since cannot start until person logs into Tsheets. Staff that are late say they forgot to log in. It would be good to have an option so we could track as per the scheduled start time for each employee, of course, this would only apply to the staff that have company cell phones or for anyone that is compensated for the data that is required to leave their location services on.
March 2, 2017
William M.
Owner/CEO
January 5, 2017

“Why didn't I do T-Sheets sooner!!!”

OverallMMI is a Small Subcontractor, with 10 employees and growing. We use T-Sheets for our employee's time card program which are linked to our QuickBooks. With a hit of a button T-sheets and QuickBooks are synced, which makes time entry, time verification, job reporting, so much easier. T-Sheets is so easy to use for the employee and employer. Customer support is right there via chat or after hours you are able to send an email and usually before I get into work I have my answer. I am a Penney pitcher and the cost is well worth it. We don't use the calendar option due to it doesn't fit our needs it is on the basic side and we need a more complex layout because we use our calendar as a work ticket for our installers and this is why we only put 4 stars on features. All in all, we/ I am very happy with T-Sheets :)
ProsMMI is a Small Subcontractor, with 10 employees and growing. We use T-Sheets for our employee's time card program which is linked to our QuickBooks. With a hit of a button T-sheets and QuickBooks are synced, which makes time entry, time verification, job reporting, so much easier. T-Sheets is so easy to use for the employee and employer. Customer support is right there via chat or after hours you're able to send an email and usually before I get into work I have my answer. I am a Penney pitcher and the cost is well worth it. We don't use the calendar option due to it doesn't fit our needs it is on the basic side and we need a more complex layout because we use our calendar as a work ticket for our installers and this is why we only put 4 stars on features. All in all, we/ I am very happy with T-Sheets
ConsWe don't use the calendar option due to it doesn't fit our needs it is on the basic side and we need a more complex layout because we use our calendar as a work ticket for our installers and this is why we only put 4 stars on features. All in all we/ I am very happy with T-Sheets
January 5, 2017
Larisa T.
Accounting Supervisor
Real Estate, Unspecified
September 14, 2016

“I Love TSheets - is the best thing since sliced bread :) ”

ProsIt's incredibly user friendly. We have a complex company setup, our needs are very lengthy, but no matter what we've thrown at them... they have catered to us and made it work! The platform is flexible enough to seamlessly fit our needs. The few hurdles we've faced were easily overcome. The main problems we have run into were issues with syncing TSheets data into Quickbooks (where we run our payroll). Their service reps are knowledgeable, patient, and they truly do take the time to see it all the way through. I am so beyond impressed with their program AND their staff. I can recall one particular call that was difficult, and this is within the first week of signing up. This rep went so far above what my expectations were. They 3-way called Quickbooks tech support to get to the bottom of it for me! We spent an hour and a half on the phone, the Tsheets service rep was relentless in getting my problem resolved! They were professional, funny, and made the whole experience a positive one - even though it was very frustrating for me. A little background to the situation - I had already called TSheets and the initial rep I spoke to said the problem isn't with their system, it is an issue with Quickbooks so that's who we need to call. So I did, I called QB tech support several times and wasn't getting anywhere, despite being passed around to different people and departments. So I decided to call TSheets again to see if there was a creative way to work around the particular problem we had. And that's precisely what we did. They did a screen share for me, and walked me through adjusting my Quickbooks settings. Who does that?! Wow, I've never ever experienced that kind of professionalism. Here a TSheets rep was more savvy in Quickbooks than the actual Quickbooks support people. I couldn't believe it! I am beyond impressed with these people. Instead of getting passed around to different people, getting hung up on, or being rushed off the phone because your question is too complicated or unique, they literally treat you like you're the most important client to them. Each and every time. It's amazing! I promise, the hype you read about Tsheets is 100% legitimate. I love them!
ConsI wish we had a single account rep that managed our company's account... however, even though we call a toll free number, the system is simple and quick. It isn't like most other places where you must press 5 buttons and listen to multiple, lengthy menus before getting to talk to a human. You literally press one button and within 20 seconds someone answers the phone. And that same person who answered is the one who will walk you through the troubleshooting of whatever your issue is. Their cross-training is remarkable. I've never experienced such an easy system! I really am blown away. I've personally called about a half a dozen times and spoken to different people each time, and every single one of them knew what they were talking about and were very, very helpful! My main disappointment is I prefer having a single go-to person that I can email instead of hopping on the phone. But that's a small price to pay because either way, their kick-ass team caters to us and it's pretty awesome!
Recommendations to other buyersGive them a shot, it's cost effective, a simple, user-friendly platform, and it's worth every penny. I highly recommend them to anyone needing a similar product.
September 14, 2016
Dana P.
Vice President
Construction, Unspecified
July 25, 2016

“T-Sheets is our most valuable business tool!”

ProsWe started using T-Sheets to track our employee time in 2013. Our employees work at multiple job sites doing everything from construction, industrial Electrical Wiring and Equipment Installations. This software allows them to clock in/out from the job site noting the customer and service item instead of having to come to the shop to use an old fashioned time clock or the hand written time sheets we used before. This allows us to accurately job cost our projects and to track billable service calls. The GPS Feature keeps everyone above board on clock in/out times and locations, plus provided essential documentation which was accepted by the GA DOL that saved us from being charged unemployment benefits for an employee terminated because he was repeatedly abusing the time recording policy. Tech support has been excellent. Any time we have an issue, they are always polite and usually answer the phone within minutes. They have ALWAYS been polite and helpful and easy to understand. This program also integrates with Quickbooks Enterprise very easily! We are able to process payroll with a minimum effort.
ConsReports could use some work.... Also, need an easier way to document when employee is absent or late. Right now there is a work around with the Paid time off, but it does not allow you to make specific notes which is necessary for documentation purposes.
Recommendations to other buyersWe have been extremely happy with this software and use it to it's fullest capability. Our employees find it easy to use and a very convenient way to keep up with their hours worked. We are able to send .pdf's of time sheets via email which gives the employee to make changes to their time cards BEFORE payroll is written, saving countless hours of frustration for them and our accounting team. They are also able to make notes which keeps information current and allows us to track those "While you are here can you look at this" service calls that always seem to pop up. These would otherwise be forgotten and has helped us improve our numbers as accounting does not have to rely on the memory of the employee, sometimes days after the event has taken place. Make sure that you utilize the GPS feature! Depending on the cell service in the area, we have found it to be accurate. The whole system works better with Android phones as it handles service items a little differently, but Iphones still function properly.
July 25, 2016
Dana P.
Vice President/CFO
August 7, 2019

“OMG! Customer Support is AWESOME!”

OverallOverall, I give them a 5 stars... Their customer service, GPS Tracking of employees and mobile time entry plus ease of use by employees and the admin staff are an valuable asset to my business!
ProsThis software is perfect for our on the go team. We can track our technicians, make notes of those extras that always pop up and it is essential for our time and material projects! It is easy for our employees to use on site and even works in different time zones. Can't say enough about this ap. Best off, they have the absolute BEST customer service! Always upbeat and they know their stuff. Rep helped me today get out of a self created jam :-).
ConsReports are definitely a down side... They are full of graphs that are confusing rather than informational. But the main payroll report and approval reports work great that you work with all the time work fine. Just gets a little stressful when pulling up project/customer totals over different time frames....
August 7, 2019
Tim C.
February 15, 2017

“Blue Dog Exteriors”

OverallOverall I believe the product is beneficial and works reasonably well. There is learning curves to everything. So, it takes a bit of getting use to the format and reports. I used a paper system before so having a system available on my phone/laptop is beneficial. The gps tracking system has generally been a positive thing to know the where abouts of personnel. The sytem also keeps people honest on actual times of arrival and departure. I tried a few other systems before TSheets and I found TSheets the easiest to understand when looking at the different reports and options. Some systems seemed to be written by programmers using terminology that was difficult to follow or undertsand. The words, descriptions and reports didn't make it easy without referencing a manual.
Pros1) GPS tracking & Who's working features available at a glance 2) Employees can add notes to timesheets if they don't take lunch or forget to log in/out 3) Validation of hours and locations of employees 4) Summary of project hours by employee 5) Various reports available for payroll, project and employee 6) Easy for employees to use from Android or IPhones
ConsI have not fully utilized TSheets so some of my Cons may be due to my lack of experience or understanding. 1) I have set up Add Ons for clocking in and out. If employees clock in at 8:01 for example they will get paid starting at 8:15. If they clock out at 5:14 it will go back to 5:00. The problem is when they switch between projects they lose 15 min. Currently they notify me and I adjust accordingly. 2) There is a delay at times when people clock in/out and also with the GPS locations when looking at "who's working". Employees said they clocked out but "Who's working" says they are still clocked in. Sometimes I check the GPS and I don't see tracking and the employee says they haven't done anything to their phones. Not sure what to believe. 3) Payroll reports have actual hours worked - unpaid lunch has been subtracted. Tracking reports have unpaid lunch as hours total. Using the system and understanding the reports is important. 4) All the pricing is in USD so for Canadians exchange rates fluctuate so there is some risks
Recommendations to other buyersLike anything new there will be a learning curve. I believe TSheets is one of the easier systems to catch on to quickly.
February 15, 2017
Jillian W.
Office Administrator
October 15, 2019

“Best Customer Service Hands Down”

OverallMy overall experience with TSheets is a pleasant one and mainly because of the support staff. I am just blown away by how great they are at their jobs.
ProsFirst off, I have to point out the amazing customer service that TSheets provides. A great customer support team goes a long ways. We now have to deal with bots and people reading scripts overseas that I get overwhelmed having to call for support, but not with TSheets. They talk to you like an actual human being PLUS they are friendly, knowledgeable, efficient. Not only does TSheets provide you with top-notch customer support, but they also provide you with in-depth tutorial videos that teach you how to use the program. I taught myself how to navigate the software with the videos in a short amount of time. TSheets is pretty intuitive once you become familiar with the software. They offer many features and continue to update with more as they go. Tracking time is pretty smooth and can be done from your computer, smartphone or kiosk. I use TSheets in conjunction with Quickbooks Online and it's so easy for payroll. I appreciate the convenience, details, features, seamless syncing with QB, and amazing customer support. Thanks for all of your help!
ConsHonestly, there hasn't been much on the side of dislikes with TSheets. Our company hasn't even taken advantage of all the various features that are offered. I know we were trying to do something out of the ordinary with tracking PTO and it couldn't support that yet.
October 15, 2019
A C.
Office Manager/Owner
Environmental Services, 11-50 employees
April 5, 2017

“DM was so helpful!”

OverallI needed help setting up permissions for an assistant and DM not only helped me figure out how to use what I had already set up for her, he gave me new options to maximize our productivity, reduce my work load, and he wasn't even promoting a product that was going to cost me extra--just sharing features that I hadn't yet taken advantage of! He was patient and very good at listening. Tsheets has been great at customer support in general--probably one of the best companies at actually LISTENING to their clients. He made me feel like I was asking good questions--and appreciated the feedback I had so we could make this software/program even more user-friendly. Thank you DM! Great experience today.
ProsI love that it saves me 30+ hours each pay period because I don't have to manually enter all of my employees' timesheets, line by line. I love that it has GPS tracking, and the customer service is really fantastic.
ConsNavigating it takes some time. Also, there aren't options in Spanish--half of our staff doesn't speak/read English because of the industry we're in. It would be SUPER helpful to be able to translate (at least their app menu options and notifications, maybe some tutorials) into Spanish for them. Being in the states, I TOTALLY appreciate them needing to learn English, but for those who have difficulty reading period--even in their own language, at least they can be reading it in their own language, so it's a little bit more user-friendly. It saves me having to try to answer a whole lot of questions, too, in a language I am not fluent in.
Recommendations to other buyersOffer two and three hour training seminars (even if they're video/podcast seminars) for people in my position that can give us a run down of all of our options to better navigate this software. The mini tutorials are nice, but if there is a systematic way we can have those trainings...maybe even trainings that are...tailored...to different industries, that would be AMAZING!!!!
April 5, 2017
Teria D.
Business Manager
August 6, 2019

“Excellent Customer Services”

OverallMy overall experience has been great with T-Sheets. I especially love the customer service. Whenever I have a question, the team is readily available by chat or phone to assist me with my needs in a short amount of time. Today, I had the pleasure of working witha customer service rep who's positive energy read through the chat. She immediately brightened my day with her responses and resolved my issue in record time. She also provided me with tools so that I could have more assistance at my finger tips.
ProsT-Sheets is an great time tracking systems for employees who work on multiple projects in the field. Our company has found it to be a great asset to recording time for employees and verifying that they are in place when expected. We also like the variety of reports it is able to generate for ease of information.
ConsWhat I like least has nothing to do with the product. There are just so many features that I barely have time to find out just how much the software can do. I have no doubt that in some cases I am not utilizing it to its full potential.
August 6, 2019
Hector P.
April 25, 2017

“Never ever have I experienced such consistently awesome customer service. Customer rep just made my day! ”

OverallKnowing what employee is where does a dream come true. GPS tracking is one of the most useful features. Also, being able to produce reports by date, customer, employee, and any combination of those makes me significantly more effective at performing my job well. The system also makes runny payroll a piece of cake. Add to that the ability to create custom fields for tracking mileage on vehicles and/or expenses and/or anything else I could ever think of!
ProsEverything. First and foremost is the customer service; Unparalleled. Ease-of-use and interface are so simple, even 'non-tech-savvy' people will have no problems understanding basic functions. Just moments ago, Customer rep helped me out by showing me some 'special buttons' that let me make changes without having to constantly ask the TSheets team for help! I have never had a negative customer service experience with TSheets; if anything, service gets better and better as time goes on!
ConsThere are bugs in the app software whenever it gets updated, but that is something their tech team is always working hard to fix and stay on top of, so it's typically not a problem for very long. ...and I wish that I could manage two companies that could upload to two separate Quickbooks companies from the same TSheets account (but I know that's a lot to ask for). It would also be great if notifications could be sent via text message without having to pay extra.
April 25, 2017
Michelle S.
COO
Construction, Unspecified
June 21, 2016

“Getting Started - Set Up and Organizing”

ProsOnce I cleaned up my Quickbooks' Customer list, the company set up and Quickbooks integration has gone pretty smoothly. Webinars could be a little faster pace but they were very informative! I had a few questions but with one click on the Live Chat, a rep was available to answer my questions with easy to understand responses. The fact that I have timesheets being submitted electronically, GPS tracking from clock in through the day until clock out AND Quickbooks Integration to expedite payroll processing - saves time and money!
ConsWhen downloading the employees, I did not like how I had to go in and map the employees overtime, holiday, and vacation. There should be a faster way to map the QB designation to the Tsheets. I literally had to map overtime, holiday and vacation for each of 3 dozen employees. Not the fastest way. I'm sure Tsheets will figure out a better way pretty quickly. The live chat link sometimes put you in touch with a rep very quickly and other times, you have to wait and by wait, once I waited almost 15 or 20 minutes. This could use some improvement. The website has A LOT of great articles and information; however, it is not always easy to locate what you are looking for and then you feel ridiculous when the Live Chat rep sends you a link to what you couldn't find!
Recommendations to other buyersIn my research, many other programs charged extra for GPS or only allowed for GPS tracking without the timesheet aspect. Our previous program didn't allow for integration into our payroll program and was very convoluted in any process, didn't auto update their apps and such. With this program, I have timesheets, GPS and integration into our payroll. All of those items will save money! I don't have thirty employees all crowding in here trying to drop off their timesheets each week - time, gas and my patience all saved. The GPS will allow me to see that they were on site or at the site when they clocked in and out, in lieu of clocking in while en route or clocking out when they got home. Therefore, the GPS aspect lowers payroll costs with accuracy and accountability of their actual time in/out. The integration of payroll will save time with accurate payroll hours being reported, math errors and processing will be expedited! All saving money! I wasn't able to find a user friendly program for our team that provided timesheets, gps and integration with our payroll, all in one package! Very economical!
June 21, 2016
Joseph L.
Controller
Design, 51-200 employees
October 3, 2019

“TSheets is great for time tracking”

OverallWe went from leased employees with ADP using their mobile app for time tracking to managing payroll in house using TSheets for time tracking. Best move I could have made. TSheets mobile is sooo much more functional than the ADP app. It is responsive, accurate and easy to use. Great GPS tracking, great for job costing and helping employees track their time to jobs accurately as they switch between jobs throughout the day.
ProsEasy to use, functions well. The support is tremendous, they are quick and friendly and helpful. Don't let the Intuit name scare you away, they may be owned by them but they don't run their support like them. They are responsive and knowledgeable and own the issue on the first contact. They also look for and implement improvements to the product continuously and solicit feedback on new features. Our rep was great in solving some mysteries.
ConsThe reporting could be a little more robust, better formatted and adjustable to preferences.
Tawnya K.
Admin
11-50 employees
February 15, 2019

“Awesome Support”

OverallI could KISS YOU!
Pros5 stars to the team, Support is quick to respond and always has a solution. The team went the extra mile today to help with multiple issues... not just the one that was the initial reason for my request for his call. I like that he listened to me, instead of being too ready to jump in there with a PAT answer. We started using Tsheets because we were having a problem with trust in the office and were eager to get off the paper way of time management. TShseets has been wonderful managing the complexities of everyone's schedule and allowing me to do reports on any facet of it for auditing. Love too that the transition from TSheets to Quickbooks desktop is seamless, yet still in my control.
ConsI know that the nature of web browsers (and the many versions that your customers may have) and programming are always a challenge. My son is a developer/programmer for his own company... which is how I learned. However, with all the Apple OSX users out there you should really try harder not to discount it and try to shove us over onto Chrome. For one I HATE Chrome and I prefer to use the browser that my computer comes with just because I have a higher level of trust in Apple. I saw your notice that your software works better on 3 other web browsers... but it is a long time that Safari is added to the list. ANOTHER thing... there is a problem with some of the windows not sizing correctly and landing under the scroll bar making it difficult to click the X to close out a window. It would be extra nice IF you could make those windows ALL sizable, and draggable. Thank you
February 15, 2019
Matt S.
September 16, 2019

“GREAT customer support and integration with my Quick Books accounting software for job costing!”

OverallWe tried another time tracker tool prior to this and their mobile app was not good. It also made job costing impossible. With Tsheets my remote employee team is very happy with the application on their phone and I've been very impressed with the integration with QB and the usability of Tsheets online for time approvals and reporting.
ProsPrior to starting my business, I was a project manager leading multi-million dollar projects for a global financial firm. I also was responsible for a large global team. As such, i know the value of having key metrics available to run my business. However, as a small business owner and smaller team at start up, i lack the time and resources that i previously had to build software to capture these. I did my research on capabilities and Tsheets provided exactly what i need to run my home repair business, as easy of use for a remote team and job costing were two top priorities. It also had to integrate with my accounting software (QB desktop premier). While the use and integration has been stellar, what i didn't anticipate was the amazing customer support team that Tsheets has. Being a business small business owner I'm rather quick and brief with my time, I'd like to get my questions answers and gain an understanding of the software without being transferred to 30 support specialists or being told to go to a website to read up how to do something. Reps at Tsheets were exceptional!!! They answered my questions and got me up and running in no time. While the tool is very intuitive, the few questions i did have on both Tsheets and QB they were able to answer and took the time to walk me through it. So far this tool and the support I've received has been invaluable to managing my business.
ConsGiven I'm a QB desktop user, the integration I'm assuming is a bit more clunky then with QB online, but I don't have any complaints.
September 16, 2019
Claudia R.
September 21, 2015

“The best time tracking app”

OverallTSheets has made our client's payroll process so much easier and much faster. Something that used to take over two hours now takes about forty-five minutes. There are a lot of things to consider when setting up the account, such as the payroll item, service item, employee permissions, QuickBooks sync, etc. It can be a little time consuming, but once that's done you never have to go back to it. The mobile app is intuitive and very easy to use for employees. It takes a few minutes to teach them how to clock in and out. Our client uses Intuit Payroll, which TSheets syncs with. All the time data that appears in TSheets sync pretty quickly with QuickBooks Desktop and from there it's just a matter of creating the paychecks.
ProsIt very easy to use. The approval process is very quick and if management needs to edit an employees time, they can do it straight from the approval screen without having to close out of anything or refresh the page. There's a manual time sheet as well in case you need to record time for an employee that doesn't have the app on their phone or forgot to clock in. Employees have the ability to make notes to management on their time sheets. TSheets has great customer service. They reply to emails very quickly and stay with you until the problem is solved. They have a special plan called Flex Force, which we use and only charges for the employees that log time for the month. This is perfect for our client since not all of their employees work in a month.
ConsThe only thing that's problematic is that currently TSheets sync with QuickBooks Desktop using the Intuit Sync Manager, which isn't very fast and can be buggy. We've had some errors in the past and the sync has to be done using the same computer every time or else we have to reset the sync data. I believe that since Intuit is discontinuing the sync manager, they'll have another solution soon. That would be great because it's our only problem and it's not about the actual product, which we love.
September 21, 2015
Charal L.
Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees
April 12, 2019

“Great software for a company on the move!”

ProsThe primary purpose for this software for our company was to be able to track locations that our workers are at for purpose of avoiding anyone from making claims that we were not working with our clientele. The GPS function works great for this purpose. TSheets has great customer service #CLP. There's been some instances where employees were not able to log on and the chat feature with customer service has been a godsend. They are quick to answer, and will follow up after to see that we were able to fix the problem. I am the one that others come to for issues or inquiries, and it has been easy to learn how to navigate through the system to get the answers that we need. I also like the ease of setting up employees and jobs.
ConsI am not sure that this is software specific, but with the GPS function we tend to have some black out spots of town where we will lose tracking abilities on our employees. This can be simply that the phone's not hitting a cell repeater as we live in a mountainous region of the country. One time it was software specific, but the pro to that was that they were able to figure out a way around it, and we were back up and running in no time at all.
April 12, 2019
Lisa F.
June 15, 2017

“Easy to use, excellent customer service”

OverallI had a problem this morning with trying to find a feature that had been updated and moved within Tsheets in the past week. I used Live Chat via their web site while I was on the site trying to work, and was immediately helped by a respectful CSR, Elaina (EM1). She listened, understood my problem, was able to guide me directly to where I needed to be, and did so with respect even though I'm sure the question I asked was a silly one that she gets all the time. Kudos for hiring excellent staff, Tsheets! Elaina: you rock.
ProsTsheets is mobile-friendly and easy to use for every member of our team on iPhone and/or Android devices. It integrates with Quickbooks Online which is helpful to us, and is customizable in the moment for cases when syncing of data hasn't happened, and our field reps need to track time immediately. Super-user-friendly desktop interface for office staff (me) - I can easily switch clients or manually update time entries for field reps when they've forgotten to switch customers or clock in. Tsheets also sends weekly tips in time tracking and office management, and provides reports on time tracking weekly - both helpful; I read all their emails thoroughly (useful content).
ConsNo automatic Quickbooks Online integrations (have to click a daily button which isn't difficult, but would be nice to be automatic).
June 15, 2017
Gr@nt C.
Proprietor
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
September 30, 2019

“The best I found for IT consultants”

OverallWe like TSheets - tried a dozen other apps a few years back and it works and price is right for a small business. SUpport good but they never take on feedback or ideas - they give it lip-service but nothing ever gets developed from ideas - no idea pool or formal "wish list" or feature request system
ProsWeb based, works well with QBO, good app both ios and android. As IT consultants it does allow us to log all our interactions with clients (onsite or remote) and charge each a certain rate (various service items for each rate)
Consno native ipad app , cant overlap times, can start jobs in future, cant end jobs in future (eg round updown) - we work on many jobs at once, we realise you need security to stop staff form getting mixed up, but we own our company so we should be allowed to set start/stop times as we wish - make is an option for power users. QBO Does not bring in the START/STOP times into the invoice (it puts them into QBO but QBO does not put it into the decription field - need option to add start /stop times into description) We like to show our clients our start/stop times and have to manually put them into decriptions
September 30, 2019
Alisa Q.
Principal
Architecture & Planning, Self-employed
September 7, 2019

“TSheets Setup with CSR”

OverallCSR was incredibly knowledgeable, patient, did not hesitate to help me on all issues that I brought up. He is an asset to your T-Sheet in all ways for the new user, and I never felt unable to ask a question or bring up an improvement that would help me in my business. Of all the support reps his voice was clear and intelligible, not always the case with Apple, but made learning T-Sheets a pleasure. I had never used T-Sheets before but paid for it for a year, and with CSR's help I look forward to changing my way of time tracking. I certainly would wait for his assistance again in the future!
ProsThe flexibility of being able to see how your time is spent and easily move between projects. it is great to be portable with the use of my iPhone and iMac. I like the different ways you can report your time and activities.
ConsThe main website is too hokey with plants incorporated with a slick iMac. The colors are not compatible with the efficiency of the product. See Apple website and products. You need to redesign to attract more designers and architects to your product.
September 7, 2019
David K.
Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees
July 30, 2019

“ONLY Time Tracking Software I will Use”

OverallWasted 5 weeks trying to set up Paychex Flex Time just because they do our payroll. Finally gave up and went back to TSheets (only left because I sold previous company). Literally had TSheets set up for the entire company within 7 minutes. Even my employees love the ease of use.
ProsEVERYTHING! Ease of set up. Ease of use. EXCELLENT customer service.
ConsThere is Nothing that I don't like about TSheets.
July 30, 2019
Erica D. B.
Director Of Administration
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
September 6, 2018

“Easy clock-in/out, Great Reports for Managers, and great PTO transparency”

OverallBefore T-sheets, we were using excel sheets and employees were emailing them every two weeks for approval, and then submission to payroll. It was a mess, and when we had a (now former) employee who was proven to be fudging hours on a regular basis, we knew something had to be done. Even though we made the switch to Tsheets for a primarily negative reason, it has been a great move for everyone on the team. "Who's Working" is helpful because we're 50% remote, and it also helps with transparency and accountability. The accessibility of PTO management is something everyone appreciates. I highly recommend this tool to businesses of any size with hourly employees!
ProsEveryone can easily clock in and out, whether in the office or remote. They can easily put in PTO, and see how much they have left. As management, the reports are visual and comprehensive which makes them incredibly helpful, and time-sheet approval is a breeze. The QuickBooks integration means we've been able to almost completely automate Payroll. Although this tool would definitely work for a big company, it still works great for our small, 10 person team. Their support staff is amazing on live chat and phone, and they are quick and knowledgable (and are real humans, which I always appreciate).
ConsSometimes, you have to get really creative when you need a specific report. If you can't find what you're looking for though, the support team knows how and will point you in the right direction!
September 6, 2018
Miguel T.
Operations Manager
September 5, 2019

“Great Product! ”

OverallPretty great. Awesome customer support. Saves us a lot of time.
ProsI like how easy it makes tracking our employee's hours and even their locations. The UI is pretty simple on the user side, which is awesome since some of our employees aren't too technically savvy.
ConsNot necessarily cons, but some suggestions: When an employee clocks in at the wrong location, they often continue clocking in at the same location for the rest of the week as it defaults to that location. It would be great if we had the option to edit multiple entries at once instead of having to change the location/other inputs on them one at a time. The general ability to edit multiple entries or create multiple entries would save a lot of time! Another thing is, I love the ability for our employees to attach photos, but you have to same them one by one for the time being. It would be great if for every employees weekly approval, there was a "download all attachments" button. It would be even better if there was options for how the downloads would be sorted. For example, Billy has 10 photos this week and has been at both Project X and Project Y throughout the week. When I click download attachments, the attachments would automatically be sorted into a folder for that specific job, and then within that folder it would be further sorted into folders by date.
September 5, 2019
Raymond Y.
Information Architect
July 17, 2019

“Love it, some technical issues to be resolved”

OverallThe Rep has always been helpful, they help me look for information
ProsPayroll Report works with excel Real time update of Job Code. I don't need to send the updated timesheet to everyone. PTO is calculated and displayed for Employees to select Job Codes are individualized Able to enter employee time on their behalf Able to copy jobs from previous week. TSheets sends out reminder. Has a complete list of employee to track down who submitted their timesheets. Eliminated the need to create new sets of timesheets every year.
ConsI want to be able to view all the employees and what job code are available. I want to force users to enter PTO in blocks of 1 hour, not 30 minutes or 15 Minutes. Job Codes disappear from timesheets if there is 0 hours for that week. I want them to stay on the sheet even if there is 0 hours so that I do not have to retrain my timesheet entry habits. Employee cannot submit their timesheet if they forget to clock-in or clock out on their phone, I want admin rights to remove that option when inviting employees to use TSheets. Holiday hours are difficult to assign in multi-user mode. i would like to see who will be affected if I enter the Holiday hours. Would like to be able to sync with Excel (Like Smartsheet Live Data Connector)
July 17, 2019
Lindsey H.
Project Engineer
December 10, 2018

“Easy to Use and Great Functionality”

OverallOverall, we are very happy with TSheets.
ProsOwning a construction business and having the majority of our employees in the field, we needed a system that is both user friendly, works remotely, and offers good ver functionality. Tsheets has been a great solution for our employees to clock in and out, as the capability to be downloaded onto their phone and therefore it goes everywhere with them. Beyond that, the GPS capability has been great when tracking drive time and any changes in job location. We also use Tsheets for the schedule. Our employees can easily access this schedule and get all the info they need. Above all, Tsheets works with Quickbooks and timecards can be directly uploaded to Quickbooks, as well as all the customers synced to track job costing. Tsheets has been a great solution for us.
ConsThe GPS tracking system is not completely fool proof. By using additional applications, the GPS can be altered to reflect employees at the job site, when indeed they are not. After talking to customer service about this, the only way to access further information is through the employees phone directly.
December 10, 2018
Maria R.
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
October 3, 2019

“Good Value For the Product And The Service”

OverallI use TSheets to track the time of the employees so that I can bill our clients. The system is working much better than doing it directly in excel like we used to do.
ProsTSheets integrates very well with Quickbooks, and the price is very reasonable compared to other options in the market. Their customer service is excellent too. It works infinitely better than what we used to do: excel sheets.
ConsTSheets is excellent, but if I had to point out some weak points: 1. It doesn't seem that adapted to the Engineering & Design market, where you bill hourly for the employees' time once a month. At the same time, it does allow for customization. It just takes some time to customize, but it does let you do it, to a certain extent. 2. It also has some funky things, like it doesn't let your employees edit their timesheets once they submitted them; I (the administrator) have to reject their submission, and only then it allows them to edit their timesheets. I would prefer that employees would be allowed to edit unless and until I approve/disapprove of their submissions. 3. Finally, TSheets is not as pretty as Quick Books. My eye doesn't know where to go when I log in. Not a huge concern, but it wouldn't hurt for them to hire a designer or something.
Rick Z.

“Customer Service”

OverallSubstantiation for time spent with our Clients
ProsCustomer Service - when you have a question, you're able to reach customer support by chat or telephone QUICKLY and obtain your answer. Customer service helped me today on reporting, understood my issue, and was able to provide me the solution.
ConsCould have a few more options for exporting information. This is minor, but should have an automatic option to run semi-monthly period, the current month, prior month and YTD without having to select the dates as "custom" on their menus.
Michael M.
September 13, 2019

“I <3 TSheets!”

OverallSupport is AWESOME and the Account Managers are the best. I never have to wait very long to get an answer or get a problem fixed. Just like today, the customer service rep, helped me fix an issue with the mobile app.
ProsThe ease of use for time tracking and the auto-syncing with QuickBooks Online. The support from TSheets is outstanding and that is the NUMBER ONE reason I stay with TSheets.
ConsThe scheduling module is a bit lacking for some of my clients. This is why some of my clients have gone with a different solution. As soon as the scheduling is up to their standards I will get them back to TSheets
September 13, 2019
Barbara H.
Dir of Admin & Acct
September 6, 2019

“User Friendly”

OverallWe are keeping our overtime cost down. We are also able to track hours for certain jobs and that helps us to keep track of job costing and overall profits on a job.
ProsI like how we are able to track our employees throughout the day to help them to be more productive in their job. The notifications that we receive to let us know how many hours our employees have worked for the week, each day, helps us to keep overtime down. This software not only helps us but is a great tool for our employees. They can keep track of the hours they have worked to and compare that to their payroll checks. It keeps us both sides accountable to one another. There are too many great functions to mention. We have been with TSheets since October of 2012. The price for the software is very competitive. You can also down load the time into QB's. I also like that I am able to chat with an agent on line in regards to questions with the software and get a quick, helpful response.
ConsWe have not had any issues and there really isn't anything negative to say
September 6, 2019
MaryAnne P.
Business Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees
August 23, 2019

“From vendor to employee”

OverallHaving the ability to look up an employees time at any time is essential for me. I process the invoices and if there is a question about their time, I don't always have to contact the employee, I can figure it out with the various reports tsheets has.
ProsI can usually figure things out on my own or with the help of the help menu but on occasion have had to use the chat feature. Out of necessity and frustration, I used the chat feature with rep who was very patient and eager help get the issue resolved. A previous vendor was now an employee but the tsheet time was exporting to QB as the vendor, not the employee. rep asked for the assistance of rep who called my cell phone, we linked screens and she walked me through the process and then made a few adjustments on her side and whala! Problem solved. rep and KariL were extremely friendly and helpful.
ConsI have employees working on the same multiple projects at once. A few customers request their invoices by the 2nd working day of the month for the previous months hours. I would like to be able to export the hours by project instead of by date range. My employees have to finish all their timesheets for the 20 projects they work on in a month just so I can export all their time to get 1 invoice out. Very frustrating!
August 23, 2019
March 6, 2019

“Fantastic Paperless Payroll System”

OverallTSheets is a really great payroll system that's paperless, easy to learn, and has great functionality. Despite rare glitches, I give a solid 10 due to it's clean interface and different features. Both the web app and mobile app allow my team to seamlessly track our own hours, while managers can make corrections on their end of necessary. It makes it easy to track breaks, PTO, sick leave, etc. The GPS feature is valuable for management to ensure time isn't being stolen - I highly recommend!
ProsI've used other payroll software in the past and TSheets is my favorite in terms of usability and convenience. The mobile app allows me to easily clock in and out without needing to be at my desk, which is great for working events or on work from home days. It also can track location to ensure employees are where they say they are, which is a nice feature for management. The interface is clean, and employees are easily able to submit PTO and see PTO history and watch it accrue daily. Managers are able to edit time sheets as needed for mistakes, which is helpful. Also, it's paperless so it works great for what our company is trying to achieve in terms of reducing our footprint.
ConsThere's very little I dislike with TSheets. Occasionally the clock won't update correctly when I'm on break, but it usually corrects itself in a matter of minutes.
March 6, 2019
Baron D.
Design, 1-10 employees
March 1, 2019

“Our rep with customer service is awesome!!”

OverallI haven't used scheduling yet, but the ability to track details of projects allows me to reflect on my past work to help create more accurate quotes for future jobs.
ProsIts easy to manage time tracking with the android app. Recent inputs are saved so you don't have to repeat all the required fields every time. I can even edit time sheets if I missed a clock in/out. The UI flow is simple and makes sense. Once I got the import/export setup with Quickbooks, making invoices to clients is easy. I often handle accounting work after hours so it's been hard for me to call support to help me get the Quickbooks integration set up. I have found the TSheets support team does an amazing job with responding through emails, and when I finally took a morning to call in, they automatic system already knew who I was by my phone number on the account and I was quickly connected to our rep. She spent a good amount of time with me going through all of my questions and scenarios. She was fun to work with, and put a lot of effort into getting me setup with the integration of Quickbooks. It was refreshing to have an experience where the support team isn't just trying to get to the next person on hold as quickly as possible. These are the type of people we all wish we could get help from when we really need it!
ConsSome of the labels of fields between Quickbooks and TSheets don't match so that can be confusing at first.
March 1, 2019
Linda G.
Retired
Self-employed
March 2, 2018

“TSheets is Finally Here and I Love It!”

OverallQuickBooks, and the add-ins like TSheets, are FUN. If you are a geek like me, it's really fun. I am concerned about rising subscription prices. I only feel it's a good deal if it's less than I used to pay for periodic upgrades. So far, most do. Also, I like to have the works in my books whether I use it or not, but it's all extra per month right now. There are start up deals, which are good. I give Intuit FIVE STARS once again. No problems. Thank you.
ProsMy son, a techie, turned me on to HarvestApp and I loved it. It was simple, fast, inclusive and easy. However, it didn't integrate quite as nicely with QuickBooks as something built for QuickBooks. TSheets is as easy as HarvestApp and really does so much more.
ConsAs far as "Ease of Use" I would say nothing like this would be "easy" for anyone not acquainted with QuickBooks or utility software programs as not everyone needs it. However, for me, an accountant, property manager, broker and mortgage loan originator AND past caregiver, this software rocks and I find it very easy. It is intuitive and does everything I need. It's new, like QuickBooks Online, which has just in recent years become really mobile online. I love them both with a passion.
March 2, 2018
Josh W.
Director of Operations
Computer Software, Unspecified
August 17, 2016

“TSheets support sets them apart.”

ProsThere is a lot to love about Tsheets! 1) The product contains a lot of useful features. All major needs are covered. 2) Tsheets takes customer feedback seriously and continuously works to add improvements to the software based on this feedback. Several huge updates specific to my feedback have been added since I have been a customer. 3) And most importantly the support staff at Tsheets is AMAZING. I have had issues come up and their support staff has quickly and completely come up with a solution each and every time. Today was just the latest instance and Ben D had a solution to a fairly complicated problem for me within 2 minutes. (Literally, 2 mins) I have to be honest, I am not one to usually take the time to write reviews, but when I receive really good support from a product/service/software it really means a lot to me because as a small business I don't have the time or resources to be down and waiting indefinitely for solutions. To me, there are a lot of software companies out there they provide similar products. The difference is in the support. Tsheets has never let me down so far and to me that's huge.
ConsSo far, so good. I just passed the 1 year mark of being a customer with Tsheets and the product and support are solid.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you're looking for a time tracking and scheduling software package for your business, try the free demo. After you get your hands on it, it will be clear to you about whether it will meet your needs or not. The software is intuitive and easy to use. The support they offer will help you with any of the more complicated features. They offer a 14 day free trial and I never received high pressure sales tactics during my evaluation. Everyone I've ever encountered at Tsheets has been friendly and helpful.
August 17, 2016
Ashley V.
August 30, 2019

“Good option for small company with multiple jobsites”

OverallThe customer support with TSheets has been great. My reps and the rest of the reps have been responsive. I ask a lot of questions so that I get the most out of the software, and everyone has taken the time to answer them all.
ProsThere are several great features with this software. The app is user friendly for the field crew, we can track multiple jobsites, if someone makes an error or forgets to clock out, the mapping tool helps us make an accurate correction to their time. The sync with Quickbooks is easy and speeds up payroll processing.
ConsIt would be easier if a job name or task would pop up as you start typing it. Instead you have to start with the drop down menu each time. The automatic break feature is good except it breaks the task into 2 line items. It can make things really long on the pay stub since we work on multiple jobsites with multiple rates. It can be a little cumbersome to add time for employees that didn't sync correctly or they forgot to clock in.
August 30, 2019
Cathryn G.
Design, 11-50 employees
March 19, 2019

“Lifesaver ! ”

OverallOverall, the program has been helping us create internal organizational systems. We are a small, but rapidly growing company in an extremely competitive industry. We can already see how T-sheets will give us an edge. Customer service has been fantastic, especially as we get to know the program more. Chatting with their rep, especially, has been hugely helpful (thanks #CLP!) Give that woman a raise! Or, come work for us ;)
ProsThe multiple interfaces, the ability to visualize jobs by employee or job title, the ease of color-coding/changing shifts/coordination. It's like Google calendar on steroids with full integrated payroll systems, hourly tracking, GPS tracking, etc. We are new users but it is already totally changing the company for the better. Also the customer service is FANTASTIC! As we continue to adapt & customize the software for us, #CLP in particular has been a LIFESAVER! Amazing service works alongside amazing software. Total win for us!
ConsWe are a multidisciplinary company and every job we do is different-- while one of the strengths of T-sheets is standardizing processes, there are parts of the software that I wish were a bit more nimble & able to be changed quickly. For example, our employees often have overlapping abilities & talents. I wish there was a way to assign various roles/capabilities to the same employee. I also wish there was an internal evaluation system for certain skills so that we could better learn to staff our jobs as our management team grows. Other small things-- I wish there was an easy way to move a full day's worth of shifts easily (rather than one by one.) Project deadlines/milestones get moved around often and I find T-sheets a bit rigid in some aspects. For example, how can companies with large pools of freelancers use T-sheets most effectively?
March 19, 2019
Karla G.
September 8, 2018

“Robust solution for nearly any small-medium business”

OverallThis is a top rated app for QuickBooks Pro advisors and I don't know of anything better.
ProsThere are multiple ways to capture time, including a mobile app. The time, when approved, can be sent directly to payroll, and to your accounting software. You can use it for scheduling employees (for example shift workers). You can assign employees to specific clients/jobs and control what goes on their timesheet. You can monitor where they are working if you enable the GPS feature. You can edit their timesheets, clock them in or out if need be. It is subscription- and cloud-based. There is so much there that you can customize to your needs. It can save you from paying people who are not working or who get clocked in by friends. There is very good support and integration.
ConsI noted that since I connected it to QBO, we are not able to select a top-level client that has any subclients or projects. So that is made it necessary for me to clean up some some timesheets after I have the time come into QBO and before billing.
September 8, 2018
Ann N.
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 13, 2017

“An Amazing Time Tracking App!”

OverallAfter 16 years of running my business, I was about to throw in the towel and I started to open an Indeed account to go work for someone else. This past year of owning my business I noticed there was a lack of performance, and it was starting to impact my profits. Slowly, I began to think I was not doing my job correctly, which is craziness since I have been successful at this for 16 years. This is when I found Quickbooks suggesting TSheets, and possibly could have saved my business. I am within my first week of my free 14 day trial. Let me say TSheets has spent hours helping me directly on Screen Sharing and on the phone every single time I need help. They have not directed me to outside sources to get me up and running. I learn best with hands on explaining. Their staff is amazing. Today alone representative spent time helping me organize my jobs and getting my timesheets set up properly. He was so kind in being patient with me too.
ProsTracking employee hours and time spent on different projects. This is such a money saving tool. Also makes the employees feel safe that their hours are being tracked correctly, and makes me feel good knowing they are where they say they are. In the first day alone using the app I discovered a 3 man crew drove and took two "breaks" on company time and gas. In the day alone I saved almost. Also, you can work from your phone as an admin too.
ConsI understand this is a time sheet program, but I wish it had a work order section. I really enjoy working with the company, and it would be nice to have that extra feature. I do appreciate the fact that they offer as many integrated ways already to make it a job tracker which I can make into work orders.
April 13, 2017
Richard H.
January 28, 2016

“Tsheets! Where have you been all my business life?”

OverallOkay,"deep breath" I am still currently in the free trial stages and just getting to know your platform. In short,Awesome! I see this kind of time keeping being the absolute standard across the board inside of 5 years. Wait! don't start buying Bentley's yet Tsheets' executives and staff...HA!, as this is only the prediction of a lowly custom furniture designer and craftsman. That brings me to my next point. The fact that I spent most of my career in the field dealing face to face with clients, managing staff, actually building and crafting furniture and architectural mill work, means that time was NOT spent becoming the next all star office administrator who can type 120 WPM and chews up and spits out email inquiries an even faster pace. In a not so short way, I am trying to say that even though I am not well trained as of yet in the arts of office administration and all things related, I find the Tsheets platform easy to navigate and well thought out. Again, I am only at this for less than 2 weeks now, and in that 2 weeks I have only cracked open the platform a handful of times but still,I am very impressed. If things keep going as good as of late, It looks like I can get back to doing more of what I love about this career and much,much less of what I... let's say "don't love" which of course is making sure all the minor and major details of each of my 16 employees' work weeks have been measured and counted accurately and efficiently. Last but certainly not least, the staff at Tsheets is something to behold. So far I have had several online chats with Riley who is deliberate and concise, while never being impolite or short. He walked me through "add on's for lunch breaks" and helped me understand how to run and print an individual employee's timesheet report. Also, I spoke at some length with a one Mel Linnemeyer for my first encounter with a Tsheets associate. She answered all of my questions effortlessly and was and absolute pleasure to speak with. I most certainly will be a paying subscriber to this service. But you already knew that,didn't you?

By TSheets on January 29, 2016
Hi Richard, Thank you so much for taking the time to post such an amazing review, we all enjoyed reading it more than you know! I'm super glad to hear that TSheets is helping you save time so that you can return to doing things that you enjoy more than employee timesheets. However, we have no idea what could be more enjoyable than that ;) Thanks again, Team TSheets
January 28, 2016
Keirsten B.
Tech Support
Internet, 1-10 employees
July 25, 2019

“Another time tracking software”

OverallIt was an average experience. The product could be better but it could also be a lot worse.
ProsIt does make it easy to keep track of hours and usually imports into quickbooks both online and desktop seamlessly, if you set it up right. Geofencing allows us to keep track of our techs in the field and know when they are at the job sites and when they are not.
ConsIf it does not import correctly it is hard to get support. If you call tsheets they tell you its quickbooks and vice a versa. It is not easy to configure the quickbooks side unless you are good at mapping for job classing and certified payroll.
July 25, 2019
Matthew L.
Bookstore Clerk
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
July 11, 2019

“TSheets”

OverallWhen I initially logged in it wasn't so intuitive, I immediately contacted customer for something I couldn't figure out. Customer service was great. Super helpful.
ProsThis application is great because it records my time.
Cons1.) When I initially logged in it wasn't so intuitive. I had to contact customer service in the first 5 minutes. 2.) I don't like that there is a background behind what I am doing, it clutters the screen. For example, I don't like how I can see a generated report behind Time Entries. 3.) The formatting is weird. Especially in Time Entries. The rows make it difficult visually for finding information. My company pays biweekly, and it only displays the current month even though certain pay periods may overlap. Also, the most recent day is on top instead of on bottom and there is no way for me to sort this by my preference. 3.) I can't input time "ahead of time," which sucks for me because the end of my day is making deliveries, and now I have to have another app on my phone (I could use the browser, but its all a pain in the ass). Surprisingly, I don't want another app on my phone despite its convenience, because I want less stuff in my life, less stuff includes apps.
July 11, 2019
Matt C.
Construction Coordinator
June 23, 2019

“Excellent Customer Support as Always!”

ProsI love how easy it is to connect TSheets to our QuickBooks account. We were using TSheets with QuickBooks Desktop before and found issues syncing between the two due to the requirement of being in single-user mode while three users in our office all need to be logged in at all times. Since updating to QuickBooks Online, TSheets and QBO talk to each other seamlessly. No one gets booted out of the company file for a sync and all of our customer and employee data stays up to date 24/7.
ConsThe only thing I wish would change in TSheets is the ability to deactivate a customer/employee or change an customer information like addresses or even notes and have those changes sync to the QuickBooks side. Currently, these changes all needs to happen on the QuickBooks side and synced into TSheets. Also, we keep Equipment Lists for our customers in the QuickBooks Customer Notes and these are currently inaccessible on the TSheets side meaning some of our field technicians need both the TSheets app for time tracking and scheduling as well as the QuickBooks app for looking up notes on customers on their phones.
June 23, 2019