Bodywork Buddy Ratings

Overall
4.9/5
4.8/5
4.9/5

About Bodywork Buddy

Massage software offerring CRM, record sessions, gift certificates, and business expense reporting. Learn more about Bodywork Buddy

Mary-Claire F.
Co-Owner
April 12, 2018

“I can't recommend BWB enough. ”

OverallClients, referrals and more! Read the review-I detailed much of it there.
ProsCustomer service is unparalleled! There are so many features that I can't mention them all, but one of the key pros is that my clients frequently mention how easy BWB is to schedule. Other features include reports for business expenses (making doing your taxes a cinch), referral trees, CE tracking, gift certificate and packages, and more. Reports also include: cash / check / credit card payments, what services are most popular (with lovely pie charts), income statements with breakdown of discounts, tips, sales tax, missed appointment fees, cancelations, etc. SOAP notes are available for the therapist who wants to keep detailed notes or is interested in insurance reimbursement--it's easy to email the PDF to the client or lawyer. Another feature I love is that BWB periodically sends out invitations to clients to leave a review. The formatting of the reviews is very professional looking with photos-you can add in your own too if you want.
ConsI can honestly say that I love this program. Any con I have (like a little glitch here and there with Google cal syncing) is attended to expediently and very pleasantly.
April 12, 2018
Michelle D.
Owner, Licensed Massage Therapist, Reiki Master, Certified Aromatherapist
April 30, 2018

“It's perfect for my sole practitioner business! Easy to use and amazing customer service.”

ProsI love so many things about this software: I love that my clients love it. It's so easy to schedule an appointment and they don't need to create and account or keep track of another password. The office management/accounting portion of the software has been invaluable. Because it's made for massage practices, it keeps track of things like gift certificates and packages in a way that other, more generic, accounting software doesn't *Cough*Quickbooks*Cough* The income and expense reports make tax time a breeze. Bonus: My CPA loves the reports, too. One last thing - Customer service is above and beyond any I've encountered before. They even have a closed Facebook group for users where we can suggest changes, additions, etc.
ConsHonestly, the things I like least are incredibly minor: I wish there were more criteria to sort clients by - but they're working on adding more based on feedback they requested from users in the Facebook group. So this might not even be an issue by the time you read this. There's currently no way to mark a client as inactivate - but they're working on adding that feature.
Zhen E R.
LMT owner
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
October 8, 2017

“I LOVE this software because it was created for massage therapists by massage therapists!”

OverallI love how professional it makes me look while corresponding with client appointments and how easily it syncs with my GOOGLE calendar and SOAP notes. I recommend it all the time when other therapists ask which scheduling software to use.
ProsI LOVE this because like I said it makes me look like I have professional office manager by sending client files electronically. Clients navigate on a page that was created for me and make their own appointments and this software sends reminders. I love how the SOAP notes sync with the client and I can easily fill them out and review them. This saves me time with my book work. I love how easy it is to get responses from tech support since it is supported by the couple who created it. I also love the fact there is a family of support on the fb group page.
ConsI wish there was a way to email clients from the software so that it looked consistent with the types and formats of how the other email reminders look. I also some times have to ask a lot of how to do certain things. Thankfully Cindy is very patient and responsive. I wish the SOAP notes also had body charts in there as well... but that sounds like it may be coming.
October 8, 2017
Sachiyo L.
Licensed Massage Therapist
May 1, 2018

“I have been using BWB for over 4 years now and very happy with it. ”

ProsClients and request time and then Therapist approves that spot. Auto Feedback request after initial appointment and SMS and Email reminder service is great. I love the customer support - They respond to you very quickly. The software itself is always evolving & adding new features to accommodate therapist needs. Perfect online booking software for a Massage Therapist who operates one location.
Consgreen ( = upcoming appointment ) can be changed to blue ( completed appointment ) easily by just clicking and opening up the session. I want this to happen only when I submit the payment method.
Laura S.
Massage Therapist
May 1, 2018

“Everything I need to run my business is here. It's fast, easy and complete. ”

ProsCustomer service is top notch. The program is so easy to use. Scheduling, appointment reminders, SOAP notes, all the business record keeping for the money coming in and the money going out. Everything I need to run my business smoothly. I highly recommend Body Work Buddy to everyone.
ConsIt would be great if there was a way to accept credit cards, however, I understand the reason behind that function not being available. Really, there isn't anything about this program that I don't like.
Hillary A.
Wellness studio owner
April 30, 2018

“I've been using it for years and it has been the best solution for my practice management needs. ”

ProsIt's easy to use and it does exactly what I need. My clients have no trouble using it. When it comes to organizing income and taxes, my life is made easier by using this software. I love that everything I need to support my practice is found in one place. Customer support is great!
ConsI love everything-sometimes wish for more! I'd like to be able to have tags, more control over who can request appointments...but honestly, most everything else is there.
Mary-Claire F.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
July 20, 2017

“ My clients love the ease of use, and I love the functionality of Bodywork Buddy. ”

Overall Clients can easily schedule online, so I don't waste my time playing phone tag anymore. The software is easy to use and intuitive, I can't say enough good things about it.
Pros Bodywork buddy is a robust system that is easy to use for the clients and for the massage therapist. It has many reports that can be run, from most popular services to expenditures and much more.
Cons Sometimes it takes a while to sync with my Google Calendar, but I think that is an issue on Google's end.
Justine R.
Licensed massage therapist
Alternative Medicine, Self-employed
April 23, 2018

“Excellent online book keeping and calender software”

OverallEase of client booking, and i can record keep anywhere any time of day.
ProsThe software offers a microwebsite that clients can book appointments directly from. It is also excellent software to keep records of expenses and client data.
ConsThat it is a single user software. I am a solo practitioner so it works well for me but others have suggested upgrading so more therapists can use the same account.
April 23, 2018
Sarah L.
Licensed Massage Therapist
July 20, 2017

“I've used bodywork buddy for almost 4 years. It has completely transformed my business.”

ProsI love it because it's easy for me, but more importantly, it's easy for my clients to use for booking. They always comment on it when I see them for the first time.
ConsBB meets all my general business needs. How can I say it has cons when Berin and Cindy always reach out to the members for feedback adding new features along the way? :)
Juliet W.
Manual Therapist
April 30, 2018

“Made my first year as a new business owner easier.”

ProsBodywork Buddy has helped tremendously in making my day to day operations smooth for myself as well as my clients. It also contributes to the air of professionalism I am looking for to represent my practice. Compared to other similar services Body Work wins in both price and offer of services.
ConsI would love a live in person training course on how to use. With that being said I have always had a quick response with my questions.
Emily D.
Owner/Massage Therapist
August 10, 2017

“As a first year business owner, BWB has been instrumental in staying organized and in control!”

ProsI like how easy it is for clients to book, rebook and write testimonials on my site. It's design is specific to massage therapists, so everything from images to the client data collection are geared specifically to me as an LMT.
ConsI wish I could directly respond to new clients when they book through my website. It would be nice to be able to respond directly to their messages, rather than writing to them in a separate email. I have considered to two locations for my practice, and at this point, I am not sure that bodywork buddy allows for that.
August 10, 2017
Jessica L.
Lmt
April 30, 2018

“I love BWB. It has done a great deal for my business. They are always improving it which I love”

ProsI like that everything is in one place for tax time. I can run reports anytime and see how my business is doing etc.
ConsThere's not a lot that I don't like as they are always improving. I wish a few things were added but they are aware and are working on it. I really can't say bad things about this software.
Charlene R.
Owner / Therapist
Self-employed
July 20, 2017

“Customer support is always with a quick response.”

OverallAbility to run my business efficiently.
ProsEasy to use and the company is always asking our input in regards to adding and improving more features tailored to our needs.
ConsNo cons or complaints about the software or the people who run it! I have had no problems and I am not computer savvy.
Leanne f.
LMT business owner
Medical Practice, Unspecified
September 20, 2017

“Very encouraging and easy to use especially when starting a new business for yourself. ”

OverallEasy scheduling, easy book keeping. and so much more. its extremely user friendly. The micro sites are awesome as well. so happy with it all.
ProsI love that its a one stop shop for business. It takes all the work out of creating your business on the internet. offers you a place to schedule and track clients, a place to file your soap notes, a place to file client information and so much more. Not to mention the reports for tax purposes.

By Bodywork Buddy on September 26, 2017
Thanks so much for your kind words, Leanne!
September 20, 2017
Jeff M.
Lmt
July 20, 2017

“Easy to use, easy to convert from previous software. ”

ProsText and email reminders is a great feature, customer support is great. They always asking for ideas and suggestions for upgrades
ConsAlthough we been told it coming, but the lack of special emails to customers and having a minimum amount of characters is a pain. :)
Sarah W.
February 1, 2017

“Great customer service ”

OverallGreat customer service, very friendly staff. I loved the instructional messages and design layout. However it's all online (no app or program) so that was a deal breaker for me.
ProsEasy to navigate, great customer service
ConsNo app