Freedom Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.7/5
4.8/5

About Freedom

Are you fed up losing Reps & Customers due to tech issues? We can help! Freedom is easy to use, convenient & most importantly, accurate. Nothing is more critical for you & your field than accurate commissions. Services include Commissions & Genealogy, Replicating Websites, E-Commerce, Party Plan Solutions, Promotions Engine, Client-Branded Mobile App, & Rep Tools. Everything direct selling companies need to succeed from one company. Ask about how You Can Receive Your Software at NO Charge. Learn more about Freedom

Rolando W.
V.P. Operations
November 7, 2019

“Freedom has been the perfect fit for our business”

ProsFreedom has been the perfect fit for our business, with so many features out of the box it was an easy process to switch from our old provider to Freedom. The system has been very reliable and allow us to grow the business without spending much time on system maintenance. Some of our favorite features are: 1. Easy to use. The software is designed where you get the most relevant information is a nicely formatted screen and it is easy to drill down for detail information. 2. Plenty of reports. When we need some new piece of information, we usually find a report that will give us exactly what we need. We like the feature where we can export to Excel. 3. Many built in interfaces. It was easy to interface our credit card gateway, shipping, and paying vendors. 4. I use the data warehouse feature. It allows for custom reports and custom applications. 5. Support. It is very nice to know that if we call support a person will answer the phone and help us. Although they have a ticketing system the human touch is very much appreciated. 6. The back office and shopping cart are easy to maintain and easy for the Distributors to use, also easy access from Freedom to the back office. 7. Software releases happen often, and new features are made available to us. 8. There is a lot help documentation and videos on the system. I have found many answers to my questions by watching videos and in the process learning about new features.
ConsI really don't have any cons about Freedom
Troy H.
Chief Information Officer
Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees

“Freedom byDesignTechnologies Review”

OverallAs a long-standing partner, ByDesign has been good to support us. We have a good relationship of partnering on new functionality where they evaluate if it is something that is unique to our business or if it is something that can be utilized across their customer base. When they see reusability across their clients, they add it to their internal roadmaps for development.
ProsOver the 12 years that we have been customers of ByDesign, we have seen many improvements to their base software. They have improved the user interface for both customer service and customers and expanded the offering to better support us as a global business in more than 60 countries around the world. We are able to run commissions weekly and monthly and pay our business partners on time.
ConsThe software was originally designed to take advantage of functionality unique to Internet Explorer. They have been working to make the software completely cross-browser. There are still a few areas in the software that rely on Internet Explorer to function correctly, but it is becoming more cross-browser with each incremental update.
Mark Skovron P.
CEO | COO | Co-Founder | Executive Recruiter for Biz Development Reps
1001-5000 employees
December 15, 2017

“Simply the most practical and dependable software for the marketplace.”

OverallI am certain that we would not have been able to, and still would not be experiencing insane growth in our industry - if ByDesign didn't do their part so well. No CEO or COO wants to have to babysit, or even think about this provider solution once installed - we want to grow our companies. This company is literally responsible for allowing my home office team and Rep team to perform at their best with 100% confidence that everything provided will be delivered at all times. The Capterra form has hard-coated in that we are an Accounting firm - which is incorrect. We are a direct sales organization with 100+ at HQ and thousands of reps in the field at one company (listed) alone.
ProsDependable, affordable, accurate - which is incredibly critical. Very simple to implement, and use on a daily basis. We would not have been able to concentrate on scaling up without it. We have gone from start up to extraordinary growth in just a few years - very blessed - and ByDesign is able to keep up and keep us up and running! BeDesign also stands behind their work. Customer service is incredible and the customization we needed was completed completely 100% as requested. Customer service here - is what it should be with all companies. ByDesign does what they say, and much more. Their solutions work, and more. They are available, and eager to please. The product is up and running 99.9% of the time without any hiccups. I am getting what I pay for and much more. What else can anyone ask?
Donna Marie S.
Legal Services, 1-10 employees
November 15, 2019

“ByDesign Software Keeps Getting Better and Better!”

OverallAs an Expert Legal Compliance Consultant (I set up, monitor and run Compliance Departments exclusively for Direct Selling), I have seen the ByDesign software in many companies. When a client tells me they have another software, I cringe knowing the importance of smooth-running software specifically for this industry. The ByDesign software is so functional and easy to use I have seen new employees jump right in with minimal training. Staff loves it!
ProsThe ByDesign Software for Direct Selling is the most advanced software for our industry I have ever had the pleasure of using. The Software provides not only the state-of-the-art genealogy tracking and commissions calculations, but as well, it offers so many marketing features that really give a new company a leg up on their competitors. What I like most about this software is that it works!
ConsIf I was going to make one change to the software it would be that it has more graphics on the back-office dashboard. More and more clients are sharing that they not only want it to work very well, but it has to look awesome too.
November 15, 2019
Brian / Todd G.
Director of Operations
Consumer Goods, Unspecified
December 14, 2017

“Smooth Implementation for a Startup and Reliable Core Functionality”

ProsI had two primary software concerns when launching our business. First was that we had a relatively untested concept and did not know how quickly our business might scale, so we needed to select a decently-priced solution that could still handle rapid growth when called upon. ByDesign had a good mix of small and large clients that eased this concern, and was competitively priced with others we evaluated. Second was that we did not have a lot of recent party-plan experience in-house from the past couple years so we needed a solution that had already thought through current industry processes and could deliver all the best practices. They are continually improving the product with additional features and are great at sharing the broader roadmap with us so we have a clear picture on how they view the future of the platform. If you want a solution that is time-tested and that can work with minimal setup out-of-the-box, you should really be talking to ByDesign.
ConsItem management might be more cumbersome for a company with thousands of distinct inventoried SKUs.
December 14, 2017
Shelley S.
Exec. VP of Support Services
Cosmetics, 11-50 employees
August 7, 2019

“Perfect Fit from Beginning to Growth”

OverallThe Freedom staff have been very helpful in assessing our needs as we grew. Their support team is very patient when working through any issues. When "bugs" appeared, they pretty much were always user error and they were able to explain what the solution was to correct the situation. We have found ByDesign to be the perfect solution for Sweet Minerals as they are willing to listen to our opinions and needs and create the solutions for our growing company.
ProsIt was affordable for us when we reached the size to need backoffice software yet was buildable to our needs today when we could afford to add additional features.
ConsOther reviewers - We were "warned" that ByDesign would "nickle and dime" us for everything. What we learned was that was not what they were doing. They were allowing us to purchase additional addons as we grew rather than forcing us to purchase all at the beginning when it was impossible for us to get a backoffice for our field at those costs.
August 7, 2019
Addison Morgan < M.
Marketing
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
December 15, 2017

“Rock Solid Software and Team”

OverallIt runs our entire business. I never have to worry about commissions, tax calculations, genealogy - it does all the core functions. That part keeps me in business. It's all the other stuff they do that really promotes our growth. ByDesign is always adding more value to our business. Each month they add so many features I never knew I needed until I started using them. Now I don't know how we worked without them.
ProsThank you, as always, for your outstanding support! I can honestly say that you are one of the few partners who are always there when we need them and you are just as eager to help now as when we first purchased the software. We really appreciate your support you are just amazing!
ConsThe system is so robust and I want to know everything. The product roadmap is so far ahead of the industry it's giving me great insight into how to plan our growth. It would be great to have a users call or forum to learn how others are using the many features of the system.
Vanessa H.
May 10, 2018

“This is where quality and value intersect for an overall exceptional experience!”

ProsI've always been impressed by the ease of use and level of detail. By Design has always provided an exceptional experience for their clients (companies) but they are also extremely sensitive to the experience of the end user (people in the field). They provide a level of transparency and detail that others fail to provide, making it quicker and easier for people to get the information they need to make strategic decisions quickly. Whether you are accessing the data from the corporate side or the field side, the experience is seamless and the data accurate and informative. I also appreciate their desire to always improve upon that experience, never being satisfied with status quo.
ConsAs a Mac-based user, I would like to be able to perform all functions from a browser other than Explorer.
May 10, 2018
Glen B.
VP Compliance and Commissions
Consumer Goods, Unspecified
May 24, 2018

“Great company to partner with, they treat your business as if it were their own”

OverallThe software manages a vital piece of our business and we depend on it to function properly.
ProsIt is easy to use, convenient, and accurate. When something is released it works. If for some reason something doesn't work it gets fixed very quickly. The stability and reliability are unmatched in any other software system I have ever used. When customization is requested it is handled in the same way as regular updates and fixes. When it is released it works just as reliably as the rest of the system. These are the main aspects that are required of this software and they definitely deliver.
ConsCustom work can take longer to get done than many people want. It also can cost more than we expect to spend on some occasions. This drawback is dwarfed by the fact that when released it works.
May 24, 2018
Dr. Ron F.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
March 7, 2018

“Far exceeded my expectations which were high to begin with!”

OverallThe integration with our vendors makes our business seamless and as effortless as possible.
ProsWe relied on ByDesign for the design & implementation of our website, back office, comp plan, vendor integration, & even advice for a number of business decisions.    In my opinion, the single most important operational decision a startup mlm company faces is the choice of a software platform. That platform, in essence, is the CPU of the entire enterprise.   Without a doubt, we could not have made a better choice than ByDesign Technologies.   Great businesses are built on partnerships as we must be more than just clients & vendors.   We at Baranta Health are looking forward to many, many years of a wonderful relationship with ByDesign.
ConsI do not yet have the budget to do custom integrations and as my business grows I am looking forward to adding them to our platform.
Troy D.
Leading Idea Crafter
April 30, 2018

“One of the best platforms I have used over the last decade. I must for any direct sales company!”

ProsThe platform is designed, with the end user in mind! In other words, the company created the platform to help the home-based entreprenuer run their business, and not just for the company to monitor their reps and sales. This additional focus on providing the independent professional the tools needed to run a successful home-based business, I beleive will lead to lower attration for the parent company. Most of the platforms I have reviewed, focus only on what will benfit the company in the long run. The team that developed the Freedom Platform seemed to go the extra mile and interview what is TRULY needed by the home-based entreprenuer.
ConsAlthough the platform is created for the enduser, in many cases, the end user isn't fully aware of what they need. I beleive a little more video training provided in the back office will help any independent professional navigate this platform better. Although, the available support, is well above the average, I know firsthand the frustration of not fully understanding the best way to use the tools and reports I have at hand.
April 30, 2018
Michael C.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
March 7, 2018

“Reliable, stable, accurate, down time at de minimus levels”

OverallI was able to manage my business without ever thinking about the software--its accuracy and effectiveness was an assumption, and we could then focus on what needed to be done. It was truly a part of our company's DNA.
ProsTwo main things: 1. It is the simplest and easiest software in the direct selling space in my experience, and it was always reliable. 2. The value for the money spent is unparalleled in the industry, by my experience
ConsThere was only one thing: custom modifications sometimes required waiting in a queue for a period of time that was longer than I liked. The work always got done, but as President of the company I wanted it done in a very short time. I don't think this company is outside of industry norms, but I always wanted it faster.
Debbie B.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
October 25, 2018

“"A Breath of Fresh Air" in the industry... ”

ProsThe freedom software is extrememly comprehensive and has been designed to provide all the business tools necessary to track and grow your business. Once you become familiar with the software it is easy to use and adds value to your overall business daily. It blows me away how they thought of everything! I also appreciate the wonderful Team at ByDesign. They go above and beyond to provide quick and efficient customer service. I am thankful for their "open line" policy... their team makes themselves available for any questions. I call them and someone actually picks up the phone to answer my question. They really are there to help and makes you feel a part of their family!
ConsIt is not really a con just a learning curve. It is a comprehensive platform therefore it takes time to dive into their program and learn it. I look forward to more video tutorials for training purposes.
October 25, 2018
Barb G.
Sales Strategist | Party Plan Trainer| Consultant
February 1, 2018

“Reliable, stable, user-friendly, easy to learn, great 24/7 customer service, well established”

OverallAbility to motivate and train the direct selling party plan, sales force and help them to work the compensation plan to achieve promotions and earning per the compensation plan due to reports and software. Also used the software to help the leaders and consultants run their business effectively.
ProsI have used this software when working as an Interim (or on Demand or contract) National Sales Director and start-up Business Consultant, Especially for Party Plan companies. Some of the aspects I appreciated most are: Replicatable websites, corporate back office, Consultant Back Office, Effective Geneology tracking, and Compensation/commission payouts. When a client requests an improvement that existing clients can use, it is often included in a future update at no additional costs.
ConsAs with any software programs, there are certain ways we wanted to see the data in reporting and even when that occurred there was a willingness to either find a workaround or put the requests on a wish list for future releases.
Jay L.
January 20, 2018

“Best Value For Money”

ProsThis software has been road tested over 15 years by hundreds of direct selling companies, which means it's stable. It meets or exceeds your expectations. The compensation analysts on staff are competent and they will pay attention to all of the details of your plan. Drill-down screens are provided so you can easily audit the earnings calculated for your compensation plan. When custom programming is needed, the business processes followed are professional and the documents prepared to explain the need and the solution well done. There are APIs available for integration with other systems.
ConsYou can't have all three: low price, high quality, and high speed of delivery. This means sometimes it takes longer to get a compensation plan programmed or to have custom programming completed. Would you rather have it fast and wrong, or not as fast but right? I would choose not as fast and right.
January 20, 2018
Serge B.
CFO
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
November 12, 2019

“Reliable platform with great customer support”

ProsFreedom has very robust core functionality where you don't have to worry about day to day operations. We had some unique requirements for our business model and we were able to customize it they way we needed. Bydesign also helped us to integrate the software with other vendors we've been using. Interface is intuitive and user friendly.
ConsYou have to use IE for to get full functionality of the back office but they are working on making it compatible with other browsers.
November 12, 2019
Jeff J.
Consultant
February 1, 2018

“Great experience, the product always works,And customer serviceIs always availableTo help ”

OverallPaying commissions. Tracking commissions.Tracking sales.Knowing what product people are selling.Tracking rank advancements.Just to mention a few
ProsThe product always works,and when I Recommend to someone I never look bad. Great administrator back office To move around and know where sales are and who's making the sales as well as Inventory and what is selling
ConsSame as all companies interactingWith technical peopleWhen I'm notSoftware technical Is always a problem for me
Linda R.
Director of Operations
December 18, 2017

“Freedom was a great software to use in the network marketing field. ”

ProsThis product was self explanatory in may facets. Easy to use. Inventory worked great. Help tickets worked well in the CS Dept. It is a great reporting program as well. You can easily see where you stand.
ConsLike all software programs there were some glitches along the way but the end product was awesome!! By Design went out of their way to get us situated handled quickly and in a professional manner when ever we needed their help!
Liv S.
Retail, 1-10 employees
March 28, 2019

“Bydesign: reliable, comprehensive and professional”

ProsYou'll find Bydesign's software to cover any aspect of direct selling that you can think of. The implementation process is streamlined and the team is creative when it comes to finding a solution for your software needs. They truly are experts in their field.
ConsBecause the software is so comprehensive, there is a learning curve to using it. The company does provide training on how to use the software and will take time to answer all of your questions but expect to spend some time playing around to figure it out.
March 28, 2019
Dawn P.
Customer Service Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
December 18, 2017

“Great software for a multi level marketing company”

ProsThe software was very easy to use. Very self explanatory. The reporting was easy to get to and had a lot of information. The inventory screen was very easy to use with step by step instructions.
ConsOccasionally, there were some items that were not in the software that we needed, however, when we brought it to By Design they were more than willing to help us with that.
Gregg S.
December 23, 2017

“Wonderful experience! So much so, I used it for both my companies!”

ProsAn unbelievable software program and value! It's very easy to use and great for any size company. It has a really simple admin and is excellent for reporting and commission processing! Awesome company support too!
ConsIt worked great for us! If I have to be critical, I would love to see continued enhancements to the shopping cart.
December 23, 2017
steven t.
February 6, 2018

“Freedom is the only software platform I trust for my company”

ProsFreedom is a true direct sales driven platform. In addition, I love seeing the direction of the vision moving forward.
ConsWe'd like to see long term clients be able to have more access. I know that BDT is working on that now.
February 6, 2018
Gerry D.
COO
December 15, 2017

“True professionals. Delivered more than expected.”

ProsTrue professionals. Delivered more than expected. Their get it done attitude was a refreshing experience compared to other companies I have dealt with over the past 40 years.
Jillian F.
Educator
Retail, 501-1000 employees
August 14, 2019

“Excellent ”

OverallN/a
ProsThe ease of finding things by their labels.
ConsThe mobile verse desktop versions being different when needing to explain to other educators for training purposes.
August 14, 2019
Sterling C.
Founder/Owner
February 12, 2018

“I have worked with many software companies and ByDesign delivers both in Price and Value. ”

ProsGreat product and great team to work with. One of the most important decisions any company can make is choosing a software company that is proven, professional and a product that delivers. ByDesign has established themselves as a leader in this industry.
ConsThe most important thing a client can to do is understand what things are key for their software company to provide. The biggest frustration I see is when the client has expectations and does not clearly define them. If it becomes an issue however, ByDesign has been good at resolving these issues.
February 12, 2018
Peter A.
Consultant
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
November 20, 2019

“The competitive edge to grow”

OverallFreedom has truly solved one of our company's biggest challenges and succeeded where other platforms failed. We never worry any longer. Now we have the confidence and support we need to grow our business using one of the most innovative and extensive suite of tools available in the market today.
ProsI can't imagine working without this amazing software. It has become one of the most integral and important tools in my everyday workflow. Freedom's is the cutting edge software my company was looking for. It has empowered our company with the tools to become an industry leader and given us the competitive edge to grow way beyond what we thought possible.
ConsSometimes the software offers so many great solutions that I often find myself struggling to choose the one I like best.
November 20, 2019
Sonya C.
Director of Partner Relations
January 25, 2018

“Formally employed at ByDesign & continue to work with them”

ProsByDesign's Freedom software is one of the few platforms that offers ease of use, tremendous client support and excellent training. Their implementation team works with you to ensure your understanding of the platform and are a good resource. Finally, their understanding, appreciation and knowledge of the industry comes through in every department.
ConsByDesign has obiviously worked hard to eliminate blatant cons to their platform. Their continual work to maintain a solid platform is evident.
January 25, 2018
Paul A.
Vice President
June 12, 2019

“Incredible system and user friendly”

OverallI am able to be on top of my team and track the daily pulse of my business.
ProsThe ability to see in real time what's happening with my organization.
ConsI would say the App had a few I tail glitches but together we are working them out.
terry s.
Associate
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees
June 12, 2019

“Love it for my business review”

OverallI am able to track my complete organization. I love it.
ProsI love the landing page. It gives me everything I need to see immediately when it opens
ConsIf someone is listed as a business name it does not give a personal name
Rachelle M.
Independent Distributer
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

“Life made easier”

ProsThe software is user friendly for all ages. The quick links are very helpful for my business. customer support is fast and efficient.
ConsNo cons... I only have great things to say.
Noel H.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
February 14, 2018

“I appreciate the sales team for being straight-up and industry knowledgeable. Experience is king.”

OverallCommunity review
ProsThe sales and use tax integrations are comprehensive and maintenance free. This allows for correct tax calculation and reporting. While other competitors have sales tax solutions, this one is a perfect balance in price and user ease.
ConsNeeds more options for automated compliance, like registrations and annual reports. While this is current service option, a click and play would great.
February 14, 2018
Cassie L.
Owner, Small Business Consultant
Management Consulting, Self-employed
June 5, 2019

“Perfect solution for my Direct Selling clients!”

OverallAs a small business consultant, with many clients in the Direct Selling industry, it's nice to have a turnkey solution that is all-encompassing and flexible to fit various models. I have, and will, continue to send my clients to ByDesign for their technology needs.
ProsIt's turnkey, yet flexible. I never thought I'd see a technology provider that was able to meet the needs of such varied business models, and do it in a way that was easy to implement regardless of experience/knowledge on the part of the client.
ConsHonestly, I hate that I didn't know about this YEARS AGO!!!
June 5, 2019
Kate D.
VP of Sales
March 9, 2018

“By Design offers a robust back end solution that is affordable for their customers.”

ProsEase of use for Distributors and Reps. Party Plan modules are great and the new shopping cart experience is wonderful.
ConsCustom Development/modifications in the back office can sometime take longer than anticipated. Would recommend extending the timelines to meet your deadlines.
March 9, 2018
Kim R.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
June 17, 2019

“Simplicity!!”

ProsThe best thing about using this software is the simplicity of navigating around and being so user friendly! Everything is so well thought out!
ConsI have yet to come across something that I did not like about this software!
June 17, 2019
Jeff S.
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
November 14, 2019

“By Design Freedom”

OverallVery positive.
ProsFully functional with great features. Solid support staff, especially during the implementation phase. Also a very good value for the money.
ConsTransition from implementation team to general support. Would have liked to continue with our implementation specialist.
November 14, 2019
Heather M.
February 5, 2017

“ByeDesign!! So glad they're gone”

OverallI am an independent consultant for a company which recently employed ByDesign to upgrade their e-systems. Some things we did not have at the time (support tickets, link the warehouse inventory to the ordering system) were fun. But after a year and a half of development, they still gave us an incomplete product at go time. We could not even close a party for nearly a month -- alienating our hosts. After a few months of very little improvement, our company went back to its proprietary software. We were ALL glad to say #ByeDesign.
ProsA few different functionalities we didn't have before.
ConsIt didn't ever work well.
Recommendations to other buyersJust don't.
February 5, 2017
Will T.
Direct Sales Manager
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
August 13, 2019

“Transparent - Fair - Easy to work with”

ProsIt is open to integrations and we are able to tie our software in to ByDesign to provide a full suite of tools to empower customers.
ConsN/A - haven't found a Con of working with Freedom/ByDesign in our process thus far!
August 13, 2019