FixMe.IT Ratings

Overall

About FixMe.IT

#1 rated remote support solution designed for delivering instant unattended and on-demand support to clients located anywhere in the world. Starting at just $25 per month, FixMe.IT provides multi-session handling, unlimited on-demand support and access up to 150 unattended machines. Other key features include branding, multi-monitor navigation, two-way desktop sharing, file transfer, drawing tools, session recording, reporting, and much more. Learn more about FixMe.IT

Randy R.
Partner
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
September 10, 2019

“FixMe.IT is great!”

OverallOverall this software is the best available option for Windows machines.
Prosvery easy for end user to get logged in. very easy for IT representative to download and open.
ConsNo Mac access No file transfer capabilities.

By Techinline on September 11, 2019
Hi Randy, Thank you for taking the time to review FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Our application offers three file transfer options including drag-and-drop, copy-paste, and transferring files via the Send File button. Please visit our support center to learn more about the file transfer capabilities https://docs.fixme.it/features/transferring-files-folders-and-text or contact our support team directly if you have any questions. Best, Dan | Techinline
September 10, 2019
May 17, 2019

“Strong Remote Management App - good balance of features for price”

OverallOverall, it's fast, simple, lightweight and good for get at this cost point.
ProsFixme is a simple and basic remote access tool that we use daily for unattended support to our end users. I like that you can have separate accounts should you want to have personal devices not available to the rest of my staff. It's easy and fast for one-off remote sessions and you can white-label a custom page for your end-users to keep your brand flowing through the remote experience. Deployment is simple and effective. The chat feature is also nice. With this basic feature set, it would easily be replaced by most bulit-in RMM tools.
ConsAlthough it has multi-monitor support, it's frustrating to always guess which monitor and sometimes does not reset correctly. I do like the chat feature, but it only stays on the end-user screen while you are connected with fixme. Which means you lose the dialog if you have to close out but your end-user has stepped away. It has a file transfer feature so you can send a file to the remote computer, but it would be very helpful to reverse the process and be able to send a file from the session back to the tech.

By Techinline on September 5, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for being our valued customer! Regarding the file transfer feature, the remote user has the option to use the Send File button which can easily be found on the Client App interface. Besides that, you can transfer files back to your desktop during the remote session via drag-and-drop or copy-paste. Best, Dan | Techinline
Jeff E.
December 14, 2018

“Our money-maker for tech support”

OverallOverall, we've been VERY happy with FixMe. It's out top tool in solving our clients' tech problems.
ProsFor my tech support business serving clients in eight states and Mexico, we've been using FixMe for about four years. It has proven to be reliable and more than adequate for our needs. Over those four years, I can recall only twice that the service was unavailable, but in both instances, the service resumed within seconds. I especially like how quickly it opens and connects us to our clients' workstations and servers. Our customers are able to easily get us connected. Even our senior citizen clients have found it easy to get us connected using FixMe.
ConsFixMe used to require the remote client to click an 'I accept' button to complete the remote connection. But about a year ago the program changed to omit that security checkpoint. Now, once the remote user communicates the client ID and we punch in their ID in our FixMe program, we get connected. My concern is that if blackhats (such as those who exploited similar connection methods of AMMYY) are using FixMe for nefarious purposes, they could randomly enter client ID's hoping to connect to a remote computer. This concern may be unwarranted, though, as the odds of randomly entering a client ID shortly after someone uses the fixme.it website, have got to be extremely low, and I imagine FixMe's servers would log such activity, flag it, and identify the abuser.

By Techinline on December 17, 2018
Hi Jeff, Thank you for taking the time to review FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Regarding the removal of the 'Accept' prompt - there's a security mechanism in place against those who might randomly enter client IDs in order to connect to a remote machine for fraudulent purposes. Such connections are flagged after a number of failed attempts, and the user's account gets blocked due to potential misuse of our service. Best, Dan | Techinline
December 14, 2018
Keith F.
September 20, 2017

“Software works great and it is easy to use.”

OverallRemote login from my home or anywhere I bring my laptop. It is a fantastic value for the money.
ProsI like the ease of the client being able to go to fixme.it and initiating the remote session. The value for the features is incredible compared to other remote clients. Over the years it has really exceeded my expectations in terms of features and how it works. The latest updates in the last few years supporting multiple monitors has been nice as well as cropping the video to fit the guest screen. I do wish it was a bit easier to make customer notes on a client without having to be connected to them. I really think this program is very powerful for my business and I have over 50 unattended clients. I love the fact that I can troubleshoot system in the comfort of my office. Heck I can even wear my pajamas during the process!! haha
ConsI think it needs more features, like being able to lock the remote keyboard and mouse. I would also like to see making the remote system screen go black option so while I am completing tasks the client does not see the tools I am using to do so. I would also love to see remote file transfer option to and from the remote system. The most important is being able to install the unattended client without the remote user's intervention.

By Techinline on September 21, 2017
Hi Keith, Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Actually, we have three file transfer options, including drag-n-drop, copy-paste and clipboard transfer. Here's a short YouTube video we've made to showcase these features: https://youtu.be/1qLCOUBsf5c Best regards, Dan | Techinline
September 20, 2017
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified
January 23, 2018

“FixMe.IT is very easy to use and is extremely reliable.”

ProsI find that end users have a very easy time navigating the interface when walking them through connecting to their workstation using the FixMe.IT website. Setting up unattended access is a breeze. The layout of the drop down menu when connected to workstations is very simple and intuitive. It has many useful features including Scaling, which is definitely needed when working off high resolution screens like my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. Being able to pan across multiple screens on a workstation or just locking into one specific screen is a very nice feature as well. I definitely use the screen recording function when doing demos along with the laser pointer and marking pen. Saving the recording and sending it to users is always appreciated. Being able to transfer files between my workstation and end users workstation is a must and works great. My favorite feature that was recently added to FixMe.IT is being able to work on multiple computers at once. I have a 3 monitor setup in my office and I can be doing multiple tasks remotely for one or many clients at once. The fee for this service is very reasonable.
ConsI wish FixMe.IT supported MACs. Since I do not support many MACs it is not a huge problem, but would love to see this feature added.
January 23, 2018
Sheldon K.
April 19, 2018

“This is an invaluable tool for us, many times eliminating the need for an on site visit!”

OverallSaves time, trips and the number of employees we need to support our clients quickly.
ProsWe have used this product for years and we couldn't give the level of support we do without it. It allows us to take care of most of our clients issues without leaving our office and lets us work on a number of different clients at the same time. It actually does allow us to be multiple places at once. Without FixMeIt we would need to hire more people to provide the same level of service. A fantastic product, great support and they are always open to hearing ways to enhance or improve the product. Then throw in the great pricing and there is nothing like it!
ConsNone I can think of. We are always putting in suggestions to add features like notification when one of the clients goes of line, etc. Their support staff response quickly and gives the ideas consideration. This is really a pro, rather than a con but the form to complete this survey required me to put in at least a 100 characters in the Cons.
April 19, 2018
Andrew F.
Software Support Tech
Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees
May 17, 2019

“The single most valuable tool in any arsenal”

OverallI am able to diagnose and fix my company's hardware and software packages from anywhere at any time.
ProsRocket fast access, unlimited troubleshooting capabilities, real time online status indicators, multiple client lists. Easy to use interface, multiple support sessions can be open at one time. Unattended access to any client machine.
ConsNo ability to force wake a machine on unattended access.
John M.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
February 20, 2019

“Our first choice in remote desktop applications”

OverallFor us fast and accessible customer support is paramount - our clients love the ease at which they can show my team the issue they want fixed or have my staff take control of their screen and demo a new feature etc. We have excellent reviews for the support we offer and a part of that is due to the ease of sharing desktops using FixMe.IT
ProsThe image quality and response times are excellent even with a poor internet connection. In extreme situations we still have access to our client's screens long after the accompanying Skype call has lost its connection. It very cost effective as we do not need a license for everyone in the team, we rarely need more connections at any one time than the 3 seats we have purchased. Our clients find it very easy to connect and it is the desktop sharing app which is blocked least by our customers - all UK Higher Education Institutions with strict security policies.
ConsWe have used it for so long we no longer find anything that we would like changed.
February 20, 2019
James P.
Software Support -
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
July 1, 2017

“I have been using FixMe.IT for years with very reliable success.”

OverallAlready stated earlier in the review.
Pros>It is very easy for the customer to get connected >Managing multiple computers is a great feature >Transferring files is a piece of cake >Reboot and reconnect helps my support sessions go fast with less pain for the customer >You can't beat the cost >Unattended access is very easy to setup and initiate when appropriate I have used this product for years with amazing reliability and very little need for technical support. The billing is very accurate and you just can't beat the price. I do a monthly subscription because that is what my company prefers. With a yearly I could save more. I work with other companies when their support is required and use their remote access software. After seeing many that are on the market, FixMe.IT is by far the best one I've seen. This product makes my job possible whether I'm working from my home office or I'm on the road. A cafe hot spot or hotel internet is all I need to take care of my customers.
ConsThe only current downside is when I remote in with my new laptop the window for viewing the customer's screen is very small. I contacted customer support and they responded very quick to let me know they are working on this one.
July 1, 2017
Mark F.
VP Support Services
March 30, 2017

“Easy to Connect with Customers”

OverallWe have tried many products for demoing and supporting our accounting software but found Fixme.it the easiest in respect to the following. The system was improved where when a customer connects with different browsers, it's very easy for them to start the application. We use it for demo's and support. For support, we have a link to load it, for demo's they easily type fixme.it. So we usually connect with anyone in less than a minute. In addition, we do not seem to run into any security issues as we did with other programs. Copying files back and forth a breeze, and since we can connect with up to 10 computers at once, remote network installations are no problem. Only thing we needed was to be able to record voice and video for training purposes. But this would require connecting the call via the web and it defeats the purpose of speed and ease of connection. This was resolved by using a special wireless headset that connects to the phone and computer. Excellent product, good support, good price and would highly recommend it.
ProsPlease read comments. All positive.
ConsNone really.
Recommendations to other buyersHave to try it to see how easy it is to use.
January 24, 2018

“I have been using FixMe.IT for several years and it works excellent for remote support scenarios”

OverallMakes my life easier to fix things for clients instead of trying to walk them through or have them describe error messages.
ProsEase of use and the ability to setup unattended access clients. The ability for it to run as a service so that users do not need to be logged in for unattended access to work and you can easily switch between windows users on a machine without having to reconnect.
ConsCurrent inability to rename groups of unattended access machines. Inability to search on group names in filter list (filter only works on machine names). Inability to have systems on low bandwidth connections reduce. Would like confirmation option when clicking to share *MY* desktop with end user (blue button, because I have accidentally clicked that button when trying to click the yellow one and there is no way to back out before first sharing your desktop with the end user). No OSX/MacOS support.
January 24, 2018
R. Curtis M.
System Analyst
Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees
November 21, 2018

“Best Remote Access Software Available”

OverallI use this application daily to provide help desk and server support to many customers. The price is great and the features are fantastic.
ProsThe is by far the easiest remote access software I have ever used. As an IT manager, this software has saves me $1000s every month. With just a few clicks I can access customer's computers and correct problems while never leaving my office. My customers love this process. I can store computers for anytime access so I can manage many servers and computers 24/7 without requiring brick and mortar access.
ConsIf I could fix a few things I would make this software available for MAC and get a different URL. I have to constantly spell the word "IT". It seems such a simple word but it does not correlate to web browsing to the common internet user. Few people have ever visited a .it domain.
November 21, 2018
Christopher D.
Owner/Senior Technician
November 14, 2017

“Great and easy to use Remote Software”

OverallBeing able to remotely manage clients on a day to day basis.
Pros- Easy to setup and use. Direct client to site and grab 6 digit code and go. - Unattended client is great for remote access. Just install and system is auto-added to your list - File transfers are as easy as drag and drop and then accept on client side. Can work in the background while files transfer. - Management screen makes it easy to chat with clients and see groups of clients together and their current status - Seeing whether the PC is in use makes interruption a lot less frequent. - Recently fixed issue with controlling multiple clients. (before had to back out and then go back to your list to open a session (was limited to only 1 active session) - Very cost effective versus other solutions.
ConsSadly does not support Macintosh PC's at this time. Has no tablet/phone app like some other remote software (would be nice for remote support on things like Android and Apple tablets)
November 14, 2017
Paul A.
Dir.
May 22, 2018

“We just use it. It just works very well.”

OverallQuick and easy support for all our Windows clients.
ProsThe recent multiple connections feature is fantastic. We like the way it is continually progressing.
ConsHardly any cons at all, no real complaints. That said, the interface could be inproved a bit. We would really like to have a "last seen" column.

By Techinline on May 23, 2018
Hi Paul, Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being our valued customer! Regarding the "last seen" column - if you're referring to the current status of an unattended computer, you can check when the computer was last used by going to the Unattended Clients list and hovering over the Not In Use status in the Activity column. Please visit our support center for more details: https://docs.fixme.it/unattended-access/managing-unattended-client-list If you have something else in mind, please don't hesitate to share your suggestions with our support team at support@techinline.com. Best, Dan | Techinline
Larry K.
Computer Whisperer
March 19, 2018

“Works well at a price that fits my business.”

ProsFairly simple with most of the useful features anyone could want in a product like this. Lacks a couple of features the competition has, but those aren't critical.
ConsExpert application only works on Windows, wish there were a version for iOS. (I can remote-control my PC from my iPhone with VNClite so it CAN be done.) Also, its easy to transmit a file from the expert PC to the client PC; there is no feature to do the reverse. Why not?

By Techinline on March 22, 2018
Hi Larry, Thank you for sharing your experience and for being our valued customer! There are several options to transfer a file from the client PC to the expert: 1) when running Remote Desktop Control, you can transfer files from the client PC to your own machine by using either drag-and-drop or copy/paste, or 2) the client can use the Send File button located in the top left corner of the Client Application. Best, Dan | Techinline
March 19, 2018
Jon C.
Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees
December 19, 2017

“My experience has been fantastic. I can put it on my home machine and work machine. I”

OverallI can control my customers much better when they need help.
ProsI like that I can Sort the unattended Machine by Customer. I also like that it does not use a browser to connect to the customer
ConsNot Much- I think that they can work on the multi screen function a bit When there are multi screens the resolution is way too small.

By Techinline on December 20, 2017
Hi Jon, Thank you for your feedback! Have you already tried our new scaling features? Here's a short video that shows how they can help you adjust the size of the remote screen: https://youtu.be/NoryfEpF-CE For instance, if you're working on a remote desktop that has a much smaller screen resolution than yours, you can either scale it to window and then resize it according to your preferences, or choose the Optimal View option (this one automatically calculates the optimal settings based on your and your client's current screen resolution). Regards, Dan | Techinline
December 19, 2017
Ryan L.
May 19, 2018

“Fast and Reliable”

ProsI'm a small business offering managed services (MSP) to my clients. Remote Monitoring solutions usually include some form of remote access but it's no comparison to FixMe. By keeping them separate I don't have to be concerned about setting up access all over again if I switch RMM solutions in the future. For my residential clients I can use FixMe in conjunction with apps such as CCleaner Cloud to connect and then patch applications. FixMe is the framework in which I build my business.
ConsI would like to see electronic auditing as a future feature. I want to be able to see the system specs on a unattended system without having to connect and view it manually. A Mac client would also be nice.
May 19, 2018
Zachery B.
QA Engineer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
December 14, 2017

“Quick and easy to use. Nice GUI for grouping and monitoring.”

Pros- I enjoy how easy it is to see my connected computers and their online status, being able to name them, group them or remove them from a group. - The spreadsheet totals for connection times is very useful for showing clients the work/time put into maintenance or troubleshooting on their devices. - It is nice that the program is not reliant on a browser. lightweight. - Very quick, patient, efficient, and friendly with customer service.
Cons- Customization is present but not as easy as I would like. It feels like I have to read manuals in many places and put work for my branded page or template to really shine. If they added more ease and options for customizing the client seen windows and page that would be great! - This is an extra but I wish after a connection the program could prompt you for notes on what was performed and that would be included in the spreadsheet for connection times. Currently, I am writing in a different program and having to track all those notes, times/dates/client, and then attempt to incorporate them into the spreadsheets I send to my clients but it's not as clean in two different documents or takes an additional amount of time to combine them and make it look nice.
December 14, 2017
Ethan G.
IT Specialist
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

“Review for Fixme.it”

OverallI have been able to seamlessly resolve all desktop issue with all users who are based outside of my current office
ProsEasy to use logging on as admin is seamless little delays when connecting easy for user to allow connections
ConsNo computer info or history of connections Difficulty connecting back when loss of connection
Craig S.
Software Support Tech
Accounting, 11-50 employees
August 21, 2018

“Customer Support”

ProsI like that the program does not need to be installed on the customers computer. It connects fast and allows for support
ConsSometimes when connecting to customers widows of programs open behind other windows. So this makes you minimize other windows. Also that it temporarily installs in the temp folder. If Windows security is set to not allow this the program cannot be used.

By Techinline on August 22, 2018
Hi Craig, Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being our valued customer! If the app opens behind other windows, simply click on the FixMe.IT taskbar to make it active - this way you won't have to minimize other windows. Regarding the installation of the Client app, it is downloaded to the temp folder by default. If you need to permanently install the FixMe.IT Client app on the remote user's PC, you can use one of the options described here: https://docs.fixme.it/features/installing-client-application-on-a-remote-computer Best, Dan | Techinline
August 21, 2018
Bob G.
June 29, 2018

“reliable, fast, easy for me and my customers to use”

ProsThe service's reliability is very good- near 85 percent of connections without any loss of connectivity during sessions.
ConsThe loss of connectivity during sessions, once a loss occurs, seems to recur often. These losses effect me sometimes often.

By Techinline on July 4, 2018
Hi Bob, Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Sorry to hear that you've been running into frequent connectivity issues lately. FixMe.IT guarantees a fast and stable connection to any machine located in any environment, so normally working with the application shouldn't result in any dropped connections. Please reach out to our support team at support@techinline.com - they'll provide all appropriate assistance with getting these issues resolved. Best, Dan | Techinline
June 29, 2018
Bruce C.
Sr. Systems Consultant
May 22, 2018

“I have been very pleased with the my overall experience. Product works well.”

OverallI do not have to leave my office to service my multi-national customer base.
ProsAbility to connect to multiple computers at the same time, is a very useful. As an I.T. professional, I routinely connect to many computers at once, when deploying many computers at once. Or when stopping a virus attack, I can quickly get to all computers on any network I need to.
ConsTechinline Ltd billing system, no grace period. they claim 1 day but haven't seen that yet. keeps cancelling my service, if payment is not received on 1st attempt. Other suppliers will try more than once before cancelling anything.

By Techinline on May 25, 2018
Hi Bruce, We rely on a third-party platform, Bluesnap, to handle our billing matters. By design, the Bluesnap system cancels a declined order on the following day after the original failed auto-renewal attempt. The main purpose of this is to ensure that there are no subsequent repeat charge attempts whenever any payment is declined. At the same time, we assure you that the FixMe.IT application provides a 1-day grace period, which means that we keep your subscription active for 1 full day whenever the auto-renewal payment is not processed by Bluesnap. We also reach out with a failed renewal notice and provide instructions for submitting the payment. After one day, i.e. when the subscription expires, you may use the 'Renew License' option within the Expert app to submit the payment. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact our sales team at sales@techinline.com. Best, Dan | Techinline
Ryan S.
March 29, 2018

“Satisfied overall”

ProsEase of use and it's features for supporting multiple displays. Addition of ability to control more than one computer at a time was a great update.
ConsWish they had a way to set it to low bandwidth so that high res background pictures would not attempt to send over slower connections or to tell it to not send so it improves user experience when bandwidth is limited.

By Techinline on April 2, 2018
Hi Ryan, Thank you for your feedback and for being our valued customer! To speed up a slow remote connection, you can specify image quality during Remote Desktop Control/View. To do that, click the Options button on the session toolbar and choose Image Quality => High Speed (displays the remote desktop as an 8-bit color image). Best, Dan | Techinline
March 29, 2018
Leonard T.
IT Manager
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
November 6, 2018

“Excellent Remote Management”

ProsGreat tool for managing dozens of client computers
Consused to be lackign features, but is a lot better lately. I would like it to work better with remote systems that have more then 2 screens. I use it a lot in 6 screen clients and its a pain.

By Techinline on November 16, 2018
Hi Leonard, Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! When connected to a remote computer that has 2 or more screens, FixMe.IT shows all displays on your local screen by default. To simplify working with remote systems that have multiple monitors, you can take advantage of the multi-display tool, which allows you to switch between individual screens you want to work with: https://docs.fixme.it/features/using-the-multi-display-tool Best, Dan | Techinline
November 6, 2018
Rich H.
June 14, 2018

“Great value for the money but lacks a very helpful feature”

ProsFor the most part, the software works very well. I have been able to connect to nearly all of my client computers. I do like the ability to have a person for to fixme.it and start a support session for a "one off" support call.
ConsI'm still waiting for the ability to have multiple logins (not simultaneous) for a single account. I need to be able to give a specific person access to a group of client computers for remote support. I.e. If I have groups named Client A, Client B, and Client C, I want to another person be able to log in with their email and password and have access to Client C computers. There is also a minor issue of some sort with Server 2008. On a regular basis I am not able to connect to that computer. It appears the connection works but I never get the screen for remote access. When that server is rebooted I have access for a few days but then something happens and I can only RDP to that server.

By Techinline on June 18, 2018
Hi Rich, Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being our valued customer! Regarding the issue with Server 2008, please submit a ticket to support@techinline.com so that our support team could investigate the issue and provide any necessary assistance. Best, Dan | Techinline
June 14, 2018
Justin B.
Senior IT Support Technician
April 6, 2018

“Fantastic value when you have far more computers than people to remote into”

OverallRemoting into any Windows PC either via a very convenient pin or unattended access.
ProsFantastic price compare to competitors It has all of the features you can expect at the price point. It is a very solid program. I have never had an issue with it. It always works. Support is good and responsive.
ConsIt is a little light on features, but at the price point, I don't expect much more. It would be nice if it auto-refreshed the unattended list. Sometimes you have to go back to the unattended in order to find out of the computer is back online after a reboot because sometimes the information on the home page doesn't update as quickly.
April 6, 2018
Scott F.
Director of IT
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
September 26, 2017

“Fast, Easy Connections at an Affordable Rate”

OverallFast and easy remote connections to clients needing help along with unattended access clients that need ongoing or after hours support.
ProsSimple, Quick and Easy connections to remote clients needing help. With other software the installation of a remote support utility takes too long, and IMO, shouldn't be installed at all. We need to connect, do our work, and disconnect without having to deal with install issues on top of the problems we are connecting in to fix. TechInLine lets me do just that with a run-only version of the connection utility, while still offering expanded options including an unattended access client.
September 26, 2017
May 4, 2018

“Best remote desktop software I have used to date.”

ProsEasy to set up unattended access Useful UI on remote host as well as master computer. Super fast connection speed over LAN and even over the net.
ConsCan only have one unattended license per remote computer. Can only have one expert client oen at the same time.

By Techinline on May 8, 2018
Hello, Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Regarding the ability to open multiple expert apps at the same time, I would say that this is more of a licensing question rather than a con. Our licensing is based on concurrent technicians, which means that you can open only one expert app using your account at a time. To have it opened on multiple machines at once, you will need more licenses. However, you can share your account with others if needed (provided that you're not using it yourself), create sub-logins and run as many concurrent sessions as you need to. Best, Dan | Techinline
May 4, 2018
tamer S.
Systems Engineer
Telecommunications, Unspecified
April 12, 2018

“Good Tool for Good Price”

Overallprice and its good tool for IT support
ProsPrice of course, easy to use, if you login to a domain environment it will prompt for domain admin credentials, some other application doesn't, it will keep session available when you switch user name or logout. love the last update multiple session at the same time. I totally recommend this application
ConsNeed few more features like screen that will have more details about the computer you are connected to: ip computer name. I also notice the client id the host give you is not the same after you connect the session, that is all I remmber
April 12, 2018
Fraser S.
I.T Manager
April 9, 2018

“This is a great alternative to LogMeIn, Teamviewer and other such tools.”

OverallCost effective and fast remote control for unattended and one off connections........exactly what you need.
ProsSimple and reliable as well as being great value for money. Slowly but surely features are being added such as the recent update to allow multiple remote control screens at once (previously you could have multiple connections, but only remote control one at a time)
ConsSoftware doesn't support OSX so I'm forced to use Teamviewer for my OSX customers. Also it would be nicer if the app was also web based so we could use any computer to remote control etc without installing software, even if it was more limited.
April 9, 2018
April 26, 2019

“FixMe.IT”

OverallSo far it has been a very positive experience. New features are always getting added and it's a tool that I used every day all day for providing IT services.
ProsHaving a centralized database of all of our customers. The ability to install unattended access when needed and the ease of putting a desktop shortcut on the users account to easily allow them to double click it and then give us the ID number.
ConsNot having the ability to lock the keyboard and mouse from the end user when working on their PC and they think they can keep working while you fix the issues they contacted you for.
April 26, 2019
David P.
Quality Eng Mgr
Medical Devices, 201-500 employees
November 2, 2017

“My company switched from using WebEx to FixMe.IT and it was a huge improvement.”

OverallBeing able to establish a session with a user quickly is very important and that's probably the biggest strength.
ProsThe thing I like most is how fast it is under normal circumstances. As I said, we switched from using WebEx and it felt like it took several minutes to start up a WebEx session where as with FixMe we can get a session started very quickly, especially if it's with an experienced user who knows how to start a session.
ConsOne main problem comes to mind. Performance when customer is on WiFi can be poor. Sometimes when we're helping a user who has WiFi, the session will seem to freeze up for around a minute and then will pick up again with a reasonable level of lag (like click response time is 1 or 2 sec behind) that is understandable.
November 2, 2017
Neil S.
April 27, 2017

“Great remote support utility”

OverallHave used this software for several years and watched it grow and become a better solution. Great software.
ProsEase of use
ConsLack of simple branding options.

By Techinline on May 4, 2017
Hi Neil, Thank you for the feedback and for being our valued customer! I see that you mentioned "lack of simple branding options" in the "Cons" section. Actually, FixMe.IT does offer branding options that allow you to change the appearance of the app's interface for your clients and integrate the service into your website. You can find more information on FixMe.IT's customization options here: https://goo.gl/g1TX6I If you have any questions regarding these options or any suggestions for their improvement, please don't hesitate to contact us directly. Best, Dan | Techinline
April 27, 2017
Computer & Network Security, Self-employed
January 15, 2019

“Remote Access - best bang for the buck”

OverallI have been using FixMe.IT for almost 7 years to support my clients wherever they are. Selling remote support contracts is exceptionally profitable using FixMe.IT.
ProsThis application is easy to install, and is easy to use for both the support agent and the client. It does not require that the client system have any software pre-installed on it. It operates over normally open HTTPS ports, so it can permit connection to remote clients through the client firewall without compromising security in any way. The remote session is encrypted end-to-end to provide a secure, isolated connection. It only requires an active internet connection. The Expert application can handle multiple simultaneous remote connections. The annual cost of this software is $300 per year, making it an excellent value.
ConsI would like to see additional platforms supported, not just Windows.
January 15, 2019
Vincent C.
Call avoidance technician
Printing, 11-50 employees
July 16, 2018

“Great, simple program. However, I still prefer teamviewer. ”

Overallease of use.
ProsEase of use. Simply send the client to fixme.it > start support session> run/open/install > provide technician with 6 digit client ID
ConsInability to bypass UAC. Inability to run at service (instead of having the dialogue box open in order to maintain connection)

By Techinline on July 17, 2018
Hello Vincent, Thank you for taking the time to review FixMe.IT - your feedback is very valuable to us. There shouldn't be any issues in using FixMe.IT with UAC. Please reach out to our support team and we'll assist you further. Thanks again for your valued and loyal business, and we hope to hear from you! Serge from FixMe.IT
July 16, 2018
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
June 28, 2018

“Great Remote Support Client for the Price!”

ProsThe software is straight forward and super easy for the clients to get connected, definitely recommend it for any small to medium business that needs remote support.
ConsDoesn't always support full screen, sometimes it doesn't optimize well with older versions of windows.

By Techinline on June 29, 2018
Thank you for sharing your experience and for being our valued customer! FixMe.IT is one of the few remote desktop solutions that still support older versions of Windows starting from XP. For instance, LogMeIn discontinued their support for Windows XP in 2016. Please also note that FixMe.IT supports all screen resolutions including 4K. In case you're experiencing any issues when working on a remote desktop with high screen resolution, please contact our support team at support@techinline.com for assistance. Best, Dan | Techinline
June 28, 2018
Martin H.
MD
May 21, 2018

“Simple product to use, easy to get customers connected or to get on with unattended clients.”

ProsFixMe.IT is really simple to use and has some useful tools: file transfer is simple, as is screen sharing, plus you can use a pen to highlight things on the screen or change the mouse to a red dot to guide people around the screen. And the software is inexpensive when you consider you can run both new remote support sessions and unattended clients from the same console.
ConsThe ONLY issue I have with the software is that it is not the quickest to connect and sometimes you are left wondering what is going on.
May 21, 2018
James P.
11-50 employees
March 13, 2018

“Brilliant I.T Support Software”

OverallWe have tried a number of products and this is certainly our favourite
ProsGreat unattended features that can be shared through all employees using the tool making remote access to customers systems much easier. The software gives a clear view of which system are online and which aren't. It is also very easy getting a customer to start a session when using the software.
ConsDoesnt work on mac. Copy and paste to clients PC could work better When you run out of licenses it doesn't tell you who they are in use by which means shouting round the office
March 13, 2018
Shay L.
iT SUPPORT
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
October 26, 2017

“Awesome product, service us really good”

OverallSupporting users anytime , really quick, without the needs of installing any other third party applications or add on.
ProsThe easy graphic user interface, included some great features, that help supporting our users. The simplicity of the product is really amazing, thanks you for a great service and support. If you are looking for a quick and simply remote tool, this is the one for you!
ConsThe options, to revoke service still available for users , and they can remove the service at any time, it would be great, if you can take this option out.
October 26, 2017
segun o.
Intern
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
June 11, 2019

“Very good software for remote connection ”

OverallWith this software solving a problem on a customer or colleagues pc is made very easy and faster
ProsIt is a very good software for working with or troubleshooting remote computer the multi-session support allows you to work on multiple computers at once hence help you multitask and achieve your aim faster. It also supports file transfer which also makes working remotely way easier. It also allows you to record sessions which makes process review way less stressful it also means teaching someone else how to do what you did could be done by sharing the video.
ConsThe software works very well so nothing comes to mind in terms of disadvantages
June 11, 2019
Ryan M.
Director of IT
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
May 14, 2019

“Overall, pleased with the performance / cost of FixMe.IT”

OverallOverall, we are very pleased with FixMe.IT. The few cons I mentioned are not big enough issues for us to have a problem with the software, just minor cosmetic issues.
ProsSoftware is priced accordingly, easy to use and install, easy to setup unattended support and/or start new sessions, and easy for end user to communicate through chat window during remote session.
ConsThe ability to navigate between multiple monitors on a remote computer could be setup in a more user friendly manner with possible left/right arrows on the screen vs having to select each display from the top menu. Also, we run into issues with copy/paste of URL links from our computer to remote machine at times.
John B.
April 23, 2019

“Best value for remote desktop services that I know of”

OverallI've been using FixMe.IT for several years to do remote PC support. I usually do stuff like remove viruses, install software, fix printer driver issues, and pretty much anything I could do sitting in front of the computer. It's handy for quick fix things that, without such a solution, would require me to either drive across town, or in some cases drive to another town just to do quick fix tasks. FixMe.IT has saved hundreds of gallons of gas. It is easy to use, very customizable, and quite a time saver. My customers can go to my web site, click a button, and see a customized page to get started getting into FixMe.IT. I really like that part of it. I really like that it is easy for my customers to get to and get set up for me to help with their PC issues.
ProsIt's easy to use, has all the features I need, and is priced reasonably.
ConsI guess if there's one feature that's lacking, it's multi-monitor support. I'd like to be able to use both of my monitors to see both monitors on a client PC for example.
April 23, 2019
Zuher M.
Owner / Consultant
Computer Networking, 1-10 employees
March 20, 2019

“Best remote support application”

OverallWe use this application for remote support and maintenance of workstations, servers. It is great for end user support as well as maintenance of servers, database's etc. Its really easy to use and so the learning curve on how to use it is reduced significantly making it easy for that person to become productive quickly.
ProsEasy to use Allows unattended access Works every time Groups systems for easy identification Allows timers with history so you can track online support time
ConsHas some minor issues working with tables like MS surface but work around are available.
March 20, 2019
Harold D.
Computer Hardware, Self-employed
July 6, 2018

“Easy to use for pro and client, nothing to learn and quick to setup and use.”

OverallRemote support for clients so I can bill while at the office doing other work. Really helps to get an idea of what the problem is before going on site for something that can be fixed quickly via remote.
ProsNever a glitch, freeze or drop. Easy to setup and use. Survives a reboot and is a better value than Teamviewer, or AnyDesk. Product does have real support if needed.
ConsProgram does not update itself. If client has not used the program in a while, they have to download a new installer.

By Techinline on July 9, 2018
Hi Harold, Thank you for your feedback and for being our valued customer! Please note that the client app updates automatically if it's permanently installed on a remote computer. Otherwise, the remote user will have to download the app from fixme.it each time they require assistance. For more information on how to permanently install the FixMe.IT client app on a remote PC, please see the following article: https://docs.fixme.it/features/installing-client-application-on-a-remote-computer Best, Dan | Techinline
July 6, 2018
Curtis T.
Computer Networking, 1-10 employees
June 5, 2018

“Good solid remote desktop tool that doesn't require install and gets past most firewalls.”

OverallIt allows me to do my job from wherever.
ProsEasy to use, doesn't require install, get through most firewalls. Support has been there to help all the time.
ConsKeyboard will stick on caps lock some times even though local caps Lock is off. Nothing else it works great

By Techinline on June 6, 2018
Hi Curtis, Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! Could you please submit a support ticket to support@techinline.com with more details about the keyboard issue you're experiencing? Our team will investigate it and provide any necessary assistance. Best, Dan | Techinline
June 5, 2018
Michael A.
May 11, 2018

“Since day one, we have been quite happy with the product”

OverallIt is generates fare more revenue that we expend paying for it.
ProsThe product is really easy to use and is deadly reliable. No issues with operating system variations or other individual PC differences, seems to always fire up and run just fine. AND, it the cost is amazingly low when compared to competitors.
ConsThe product works quite well and does what it is advertised to do. I wish I could store a few more "Unattended" connections as we presently manage in excess of 1000 PCs. Otherwise, nothing comes to mind.
May 11, 2018
Faraz K.
Owner / Managing Director
May 8, 2018

“So far so good”

ProsVery low overhead on the hard ware. It works well and it's responsive. The functions are laid out nicely
ConsAnnual billing, doesn't have Mac support other rdp software have app support top. Fixme.It is still chasing there competition but still charging about the same amount for less options

By Techinline on May 14, 2018
Hi Faraz, Thank you for reviewing FixMe.IT and for being our valued customer! We've always been committed to improving our application so that our users could enjoy the best Windows experience possible. We do understand the importance of Mac OS support, and that's why we're currently working towards introducing this feature in a future release. At the same time, we've always tried to keep our rates as low as possible. Today, FixMe.IT is one of the most cost-effective remote support tools on the market, which can easily be confirmed by many reviews here on Capterra. Please note that FixMe.IT offers two subscription plans: annual and monthly. You can switch your plan at any point prior to the next renewal date. If you wish to change your current subscription plan, please contact our sales team at sales@techinline.com so that your contract is updated accordingly within our billing system. Best, Dan | Techinline
May 8, 2018
Destry J.
Owner/President
March 30, 2017

“Best thing we have ever found!”

OverallThe product itself is amazing, and JUST WORKS. The pricing is fair, and the ability to seamlessly work with UAC and unattended access is awesome. I really love the support though. Simply skype them and sometimes your questions and suggestions get updated right on the spot. They are also always open to customer recommendations, and even several of mine have already been implemented. GREAT COMPANY.
ProsSupport. Awesome support.
ConsAnytime I have a complaint or wish list item, I'm always greeted with a "yup, we're working on that and it'll be coming soon." And it does! So no cons.
Recommendations to other buyersPay yearly...you may get a bonus month.
Erik J.
Junior IT Support/Developer
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
July 12, 2018

“Great product, use it daily”

OverallAffordable, great for remoting into users PCs and troubleshooting. Able to remotely boot a computer into safe mode. Encrypted communication with User.
ProsEasy to use and intuitive. Very useful for troubleshooting with it's remoting features. Prompts for a set time before taking control. Window for communication with user. Persists through reboots. Able to boot into Safe Mode. Monitors whether computers are online or not.
ConsIt is a very basic program with not a whole lot of features. Cannot customize the display columns. Can only view computer name, logged in user, activity, status, installed on date, and last connected date. It would be useful to have information about the OS, manufacturer, etc. A place to store notes about a device. Would love the option to add custom columns, mapped to WMI properties.
Eoin O.
Computer Hardware, Self-employed
July 12, 2018

“Easy to use and easy for customers to install and use also”

Overallcustomers that would normally be uneconomic for me to have due to distance from shop become regular customers
ProsI have found it to be faster than other programs of its type even on poor broadband connections. It is easy to navigate no complex menus. Easy to customize with own logo and details for client installs. Ease of use for new customers (that is for them to login to website and download). Great tool for showing remote customers how to fix a problem they are having. File transfer also easy to use.
ConsNot able to use on customers with macs. Also would be handy to have an option to limit customer control while you are logged on.