Ginger Ratings

Overall

About Ginger

Ginger Software is an award-winning productivity-focused company that helps you write faster and better, thanks to grammar checker, punctuation, and spell checker tools which automatically detect and correct misused words and grammar mistakes Learn more about Ginger

Jaleesa D.
Content Marketing Writer & Strategist
April 13, 2019

“I Can't Say Enough Good Things About This Grammar Checker”

OverallOverall, I've been very satisfied with this software.
ProsI love using Ginger far more than other avilable grammar checkers. It catches way more mistakes (simple & complex) and also offers style suggestions that actually make sense.
ConsRunning the software on my computer can be weird when it first opens and it sometimes asserts itself to the front of the line when running while I'm trying to use my web browser or other programs. I also which it had more way to integrate it with my multiple web browsers. I have 3 main ones that I use every day.

By Ginger Software on April 16, 2019
Dear Jaleesa, Thank you for your feedback. First of all we are happy to know that you find our product to be good and professional. As for your complaints, Ginger can be turned off while not in use so it won't be triggered to pop up. Just look for the G icon in the system tray and right click on the Ginger icon to exit from Ginger. Ginger's extension currently supports 3 web browsers - Chrome, Safari and IE. If you have any further questions or you are required for further support, please contact us at support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.
April 13, 2019
Russell P.
Teacher, Consultant
Education Management, Self-employed
April 23, 2019

“Good option for grammar checking”

OverallIt's a great tool! Give it a try - I think you'll be pleased.
ProsThere are a few good options in the field of grammar checking, writing, etc. and I feel that Ginger is competitive. Here's what I like: - If you are in need of help with profession writing (emails, etc.), Ginger has the ability to identify grammar errors, spelling, and even sentence structure issues. Although some platforms will do this for you, others will not, so it's always nice to have Ginger working in the background to help out. - It honestly does a good job. It doesn't always catch everything, but it catches a lot. - It's extremely simple to begin using. It takes no time at all to set-up. - You can try it for free to see if you like it. You can keep using the freemium version if you like what you see and only want help with basics. - It works as a Chrome extension in your browser. - Even if your sentence structure is fine, Grammarly will also offer advice/ideas for improving your writing. - I think using this actually helps speed up writing for me. I don't spend as long exhaustively reviewing/revising what I've written. - Works with Chrome an Safari, which is not the case with competitors. - You have the ability to find synonyms and a dictionary within Chrome. That's a brilliant feature.
ConsI have no major concerns about Ginger. It's a very competitive tool within the field, and I appreciate what it offers. It would be great if they'd figure out how to integrate this with Google Docs, but I've read that they are working on it. It's also not necessary, since Docs recently improved their editing toolkit. I'm just pleased that this works as an extension in Chrome.

By Ginger Software on May 1, 2019
Thank you so much for a positive feedback. We appreciate it! Always at your service. Ginger!
April 23, 2019
diksha n.
Content Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
April 8, 2019

“Highly Reliable Software for Grammar and Spell checks”

OverallOne of the best software to try that delivers high accuracy results. It helps you save your time and energy in fishing for the errors and rectifying the same.
ProsIts ben three years now that I have been using Ginger Software and it has never let me down. As a writer I need to be quite particular about my grammar and spellings. Therefore, this software has everything to help me relieve for repetitive and the taxing process of checking for any grammatical or spelling errors, if any. Besides that it also provides various online drill sessions and tutorials to help one learn enhance his/her grammar.
ConsThe only thing that I do not like about Ginger is that it does not work in Google docs. Firstly you are supposed to write your text in the Ginger and then transfer the same from there to Google docs.

By Ginger Software on April 14, 2019
Dear Diksha, Thank you so much for your positive feedback. You are correct, at the moment we are not compatible with Google Docs, we are looking for better solutions and hopefully a full integration into Google Docs. We wish you to keep enjoying Ginger.
April 8, 2019
Christopher P.
Graduate student
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
April 14, 2019

“Nice proof reading tool”

OverallSo far, I am having a nice experience using this tool. Highly recommended for students.
ProsGinger page is nice tool that I use daily as grammar and spelling checker. I write professional email to my professors at school and to many employees at big companies. Ginger helps me to avoid any grammar mistakes which might sound unprofessional. The chrome extension is awesome and help me to avoid any mistakes.
ConsThe MS word Add-in of ginger crashes a lot on m computer

By Ginger Software on April 16, 2019
Dear Christopher, Thank you for your product perspective. We are sorry to read about the issues you have encountered with Ginger while using Office. Please allow us to try and solve this issue. Please, contact our support staff and they can take it from there. Just email - support@gingersoftware.com and we shall contact you back. Regards, The Ginger Team.
April 14, 2019
Nigel L.
Writer
June 22, 2019

“Really first class!”

OverallAs a published writer, I left the mainstream went solo, and moved across to Amazon a few years ago. All was well, until the books were finished and it was time to proofread. As a now one-man-band, it fell to me to proofread... bad idea! My readers loved my books but many complained of proofreading errors - My bad. I tried various software packages to wash my manuscripts free of errors but the situation didn't improve until I discovered Ginger. It marches through the manuscript with consummate ease, finding typos, spelling errors punctuation mistakes et all. In my humble (and experienced) opinion, Ginger is simply excellent!!
ProsBetter than any I have tried before. Ginger seems to trap just about every error in a 60,000+ manuscript.
ConsNot a great fan of the price. I've used Ginger in the past and a returning discount would have been a nice touch.

By Ginger Software on June 25, 2019
Dear Nigel, It was heart touching to read your feedback. It just shows that hard work pays off. Thank you for a great review. Cheers, The Ginger Team.
June 22, 2019
Mohammed E.
Professor
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
January 21, 2019

“Proof reading is now easy with Ginger”

OverallI used Ginger all the time and it really helps me to avoid any silly grammar mistakes.
ProsI like the browser extension the most. It help me to proof read all my emails that I sent. As a Professor I usually pay a lot of attention to grammar and Ginger helps me a lot to avoid any embarrassing mistakes . I also recommend it for my students and they usually find it very useful and convenient for them.
ConsNothing so far that I can recall right now. Ginger has been always useful to me and to my students.

By Ginger Software on January 22, 2019
Dear Mohammed, We are delighted to read your review. Thank you for the positive feedback. We are happy that you have chosen our product. All the best.
January 21, 2019
Environmental Services, 1001-5000 employees
April 12, 2019

“A renowned and impressive grammar checker tool”

OverallThe functions of ginger are too much to look at it's negatives. It has so much helped me to write more like a pro.
ProsIt has plugins available for at least all major browsers. It has a great check accuracy, detects all major errors and grammatical blunders in your text. free version works fine too.
ConsSystem app sometimes slows down my computer. I hope they resolve this for I still need to continue using ginger. I really have to bear with it to get the best of it's features.

By Ginger Software on April 17, 2019
Hello, Thank you so much for your review. We were happy to read your review and happy to learn you enjoy and benefit from using Ginger. We would suggest contacting our support staff to understand the technical issue you have mentioned regarding your PC. Please contact - support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.
April 12, 2019
arla j.
student
Government Administration, Self-employed

“a review”

OverallI have learned that i make similar mistakes over and over again and ginger has pointed out those examples for me and I have been able to correct them. I have used it to rephrase some sentences, and also to check the correct spelling in research papers
Proseasy to use, even better than others currently on market. you can use it online or in word-documents. there is no limit in words or pages to check
Consit does not always understand the content especially if it is a specific research topic. I would like ginger to have more choices of how to refine or rephrase your own sentences

By Ginger Software on July 17, 2019
Dear Arla, Thank you for your feedback. As you know there is no perfect grammar solution out there, but we are doing the best we can the achieve that goal of being the best in the industry and as close to perfection as possible, Regards, The Ginger Team.
Daniel M.
Associate Professor
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
May 14, 2019

“Clean writing with Ginger”

OverallVery useful tool for clean writing without any embarrassing spelling or grammar mistakes.
ProsGinger page is a nice tool that helps me to detect any silly grammar or spelling mistakes. It is very useful while writing documents and sending emails. Simply by installing the browser extension ginger detects any grammar or spelling issues.
ConsNothing so far, I have been using ginger with no issues

By Ginger Software on May 16, 2019
Hi Daniel, Thank you for your nice review. We hope you will keep using Ginger and find it useful the more you use it. Regards from all of us at Ginger Software.
May 14, 2019
Online Media, 11-50 employees
April 16, 2019

“Double and Triple Your Work with Ginger”

OverallI am a multi tasker and in a desire to get stuff done quickly I miss simple typos that would make my work look sloppy, Giner has corrected that for me.
ProsI like that I can be certain I have not missed any typos and correct in real time.
ConsSometimes when I have to copy and paste into Ginger Writer suggestions do not always show up. Sometimes Ginger will delete a word that is a mistake.

By Ginger Software on April 18, 2019
Hi, Thank you for your review. We would recommend contacting our support staff to try and solve any technical issue you have encountered with Ginger. Support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.
Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees
April 16, 2019

“Ginger - Best proof reading tool”

OverallA simple and most useful tool for non-native English speakers and eagerly waiting for IOS ginger free basis keyboard. Highly recommended.
ProsI recently started to use Ginger tool and it helps me in different ways. As a civil engineer, it helps my day to day professional writings and Professional Emails without writing errors. Translation, Dictionary and Synonyms for any English word for just double tap anywhere within Chrome browser is a pretty cool feature and I really enjoy it.
ConsAlways need a proper internet connection for using Ginger and we need the offline proofreading facility in the near future. The pricing for Pro users is a little bit high.

By Ginger Software on April 17, 2019
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, at the moment Ginger can work online only to provide you the most accurate results live as you type. Ginger currently offers the lowest prices on the market and we are putting this as our main target. Providing a quality product at the lowest price. Regards, The Ginger Team.
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
May 14, 2018

“A helpful extension to avoid grammatical embarassment!”

OverallThis app do have simple set-up and intuitive in terms of identifying and correcting grammar errors in writing. As it offers not only error identification, spell checking but also rephrasing based on the context as well as easy click on the pronunciation. This could also translate text to other languages, another cool feature.
ProsIt suggests words and add-on as the tool identifies grammar errors. It has a built-in plagiarism checker too that is very important for publishers and writers. The tool can check on a context-specific writing and can also suggest a possible "rephrase". Another cool thing about this tool is that it already has a text reader which could help improve not only the writing skills but also the pronunciation - less time checking using a different tool/software.
ConsIt needs internet connection before using it. Pricing may be a bit costly for some writers and there are some other tools other than Ginger that can perform better.
May 14, 2018
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1001-5000 employees
May 12, 2019

“Free Grammar Check”

OverallWe write more perfectly and professionally with ginger. It is a worthy tool
ProsGinger offers grammar check for free. Suggests accurate corections to grammar errors, and also checks for sentence formating. It has an easy to operate interface as well
ConsThe premium version is expensive. Costlier than similar products
May 12, 2019
Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees
April 18, 2019

“Check your grammar with Ginger”

OverallGinger solved most of my writing deficiency. At least to a great extent, I'm a better writer
ProsIt's very effective, maintain proper grammar throughout your text. Free plan available, and also an affordable premium subscription
ConsIt's not easy to install and use its application. It's always hanging.

By Ginger Software on August 5, 2019
Hi, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to read that you enjoy using Ginger. If you have any technical issues, please contact our support- support@gingersoftware.com to get further help. Regards, The Ginger Team.
April 18, 2019
Warren C.
Writer-Screenwriter-Director
Motion Pictures and Film, 11-50 employees
July 9, 2019

“Exceptional efficiency and value”

OverallNo business or other problems with Ginger, but a lot of assistance with writing.
ProsThe program's ease of use and online availability
ConsIf a writer includes illustrations, he or she must work around them, and if you use "italics" or "bold" the software won't recognize them and you must go in and replace them after corrections.

By Ginger Software on July 17, 2019
Dear Warren, Thank you for your feedback, Ginger won't change the fonts when using it within MS-Office, otherwise if you use Ginger inside the Ginger writer box, then we are using a default font which is why when pasting back the text you will need to use that default font. If you need further assistance, please contact our support- support@gingersoftware.com
Tomas W.
Sw architect
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
June 25, 2019

“Ginger good app”

OverallI'm not native speaker so it is must for my work.
ProsGreat for my work, for some reason i have more trust they dont steal my data, then gramerly. Great customer support
ConsIt is less useful in tech space, it cannot realy rephrase a sentence. Not dealing well with line breaks.

By Ginger Software on June 27, 2019
Hi Tomas, Thank you for your feedback. Rest assure that privacy is our main concern and that we do not store nor transfer any personal not sensitive data related to our user. It comes first in our priorities. Regards, The Ginger Team.
June 25, 2019
Efren O.
Associate Consultant
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
February 21, 2018

“It helps!”

ProsIt gives me an idea if the sentence construction is correct or grammatically right. It allows me to countercheck my email composition as well.
ConsSometimes the suggested phrases or sentences don't really match to what we are really saying and it seems to be off to the sentence as well
February 21, 2018
Ahmed M.
Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees
September 7, 2019

“very good software”

OverallVery Good
ProsI am using Ginger software for almost a year ago, It is a very good program which helped me a lot in my career. There are a lot of features in the software and the best feature is the software reviewing and provide you with alternative sentences / words.
ConsVery accurate Alternative sentences option

By Ginger Software on September 10, 2019
Dear Ahmed, We are so happy to read that you enjoy Ginger. Thanks! The Ginger Team.
September 7, 2019
Khan R.
researcher
Human Resources, Self-employed
July 2, 2019

“Improvement for the future ”

OverallGood I appreciate customer service. The staff contact immediately and try to fix the issue.
ProsReading of the text. I listen to the writing draft while editing. Rephrase provides me subtitute and suitable syntax
Conspayment process. the update process is so annoying. I updated in 2018 despite I received many messages for an update. And, I could not update although I paid the amount. In the advertisement of ginger, I observe several functions however when I used the software all functions don't run properly.

By Ginger Software on July 4, 2019
Dear Khan, Thank you for your feedback. As part of our will to improve the payment process as well as the other cons mentioned, please contact our marketing manager Michael Libman - michaell@gingersoftware.com and elaborate on these issues as they are extremely important to us. Regards, The Ginger Team.
July 2, 2019
Camillo D.
Country Manager
December 27, 2017

“Awesome”

ProsThis software is mandatory for non English speakers. Easy to use, corrects all english mistakes and works on different platforms
ConsThe interface is good, works with word and outlook, but for speeding up the process, the iOS keyboard is missing
December 27, 2017
Ashley H.
Freelance Writer
Public Relations and Communications, Self-employed
July 18, 2019

“So convenient! ”

ProsThis software is so convenient! It's helped me catch several errors!
ConsYou can only use the free one a couple times before it asks you to buy the software. This is just to allow you to test it before trying it out, so it's not a bad idea on the company's part.

By Ginger Software on July 21, 2019
Hi Ashley, We are so happy to read that you enjoy our Ginger Software. Come and visit our online store, we have some great savings going on so you can enjoy Ginger without being limited in the number of corrections. Cheers, The Ginger Team.,
July 18, 2019
Savannah A.
Supervisor
Veterinary, 11-50 employees
January 9, 2017

“Ginger Program”

OverallUsed ginger at the daycare I used to work at- and it was great. Only problem was checking in the wrong dogs which isn't a software problem just a staff problem. Overall really liked how easy it was to use.
ProsIt's very easy to use
ConsFixing an error was a long process
Recommendations to other buyersIt's great for daycares!
January 9, 2017
Vahid A.
Research Assistant
Higher Education, Self-employed
July 21, 2019

“Easy to use and useful”

Pros-User-friendly -Easy to learn and use for beginners -It has an extension in chrome -Powerful in finding grammatical errors
Cons-The only thing that I can say is that It is not compatible with Google docs.

By Ginger Software on July 24, 2019
Dear Vahid, Thank you for providing your feedback. Overall, we are happy to read that you enjoy our product. We are working to bring Ginger to Google Docs as well. Always at your service. The Ginger Team.
July 21, 2019
Jack S.
retired
June 19, 2019

“Ginger worked for me.”

OverallI used Ginger to help write a novel. I purchased Ginger to proof read and the read aloud feature was ideal.
ProsI use Ginger to proof read my book. I also use Ginger to help rewrite sentences. The audible read back feature was outstanding. Ginger is easy to use and a great value.
ConsI used Ginger exclusively while writing my novel and found it a great advantage and had no problems.

By Ginger Software on June 20, 2019
Dear Jack, Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to read about great people who give our everyday work and effort a great meaning. Cheers, The Ginger Team.
June 19, 2019
Alyssa S.
Trainer & Facilities Manager
June 15, 2018

“Nice interface but didn't work for what we needed! ”

ProsWe liked the interface and the streamlined look and customization options. It is very engaging on the client end as well.
ConsWe did not want our clients to have to create a whole in-depth profile before being able to see pricing/schedules for our group classes and it was a HUGE drawback for us!
June 15, 2018
OLIVIA P.
Writer
Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees
January 30, 2019

“A nice affordable option for editing!”

OverallI think that Ginger works decently and does do as it promises for the most part, but I don't think it's better than other similar options out there.
ProsI like the free option. I like the chrome extension that catches your writing mistakes online, like emails, social media, and blogging. It catches lots of spelling mistakes that I wouldn't have noticed. The tools for vocabulary and sentence rephrasing are very helpful.
ConsThere are some glitches I encountered. It doesn't pick up as many editing mistakes as a different program that I use, so it's not my first choice.

By Ginger Software on February 3, 2019
Dear Olivia, Thank you for your feedback. It means a lot for us as part of our progress to develop and become better. If you have encountered with any issue that requires our attention, feel free to contact our support staff by email and we will do our best to solve the issue. Support@gingersoftware.com All the best, The Ginger Team.
January 30, 2019
priya g.
marketing manager
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
October 19, 2018

“Great software to correct your english writing mistakes”

OverallOverall it's a good experience with ginger. I have added its chrome extension as well.
ProsGinger a popular software or we can say a grammar checker tool that helps you to write properly. Whether you are writing two lines or a whole blog it will help you with every single line. You can try it for free and use it to correct your mistakes i.e spelling mistakes, grammatical mistakes, proofreading, typing mistakes, usage of the wrong word etc. The best part is it provides you with an extension that you can add to your google chrome after login with your id and password. It's really a helpful software.
ConsIt is a user-friendly software and designed to help users. To get access to all the features you have to buy this software. This is the one thing but it can not be counted as the cons of this software.
October 19, 2018
Bongani D.
Sales Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self-employed
June 18, 2019

“Excellent software”

OverallExcellent software. I would recommend it to any one especially students
ProsEasy to use and grammar check is excellent
ConsSome suggested grammar corrections need improving

By Ginger Software on June 20, 2019
Thank you so much Bongani, We appreciate your review. All the best, The Ginger Team.
June 18, 2019
Frida S.
Education Management, Self-employed
March 14, 2019

“Just wrong”

OverallGinger slowed all of my word processing operations, made incorrect suggestions, and was frustrating to say the least.
ProsI liked that it caught simple spelling errors and typos.
ConsI had the premium version. It activated automatically any time I opened a document and slowed my system, even when I thought I had turned that feature off. Many, if not most, of the suggested edits were wrong. This included plurals when singular should have been obvious, questioning articles when the grammar was correct, and some other bizarre suggestions.

By Ginger Software on March 24, 2019
Hi Frida, Thank you for your review and feedback. Did you try and contact our support to review the technical issue you have encountered with so they can assist you with that? Maybe you have a wrong version installed on your device which might work slowly with your PC. Also, send us the text and we shall review it and see if this is something we can fix. support@gingersoftware.com Regards, The Ginger Team.
March 14, 2019
Callie O.
Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees
September 6, 2018

“Ginger is Awesome for Students”

OverallI first saw Ginger on a student's iPad and it totally transformed his ability to edit and revise his work independently. It offers more than Google Docs spell-checker and, by offering phrasing suggestions, surpasses Grammarly's free software features.
ProsI love that Ginger offers phrasing suggestions for your sentences and goes beyond basic spell-check functions. The synonyms offering is another great feature - this software offers so much more than Grammarly.
ConsIt doesn't automatically appear in word processing apps. Copy/pasting the content is one extra step and can easily be overlooked for students needing to edit their writing.
September 6, 2018
Benito M.
Translator / Teacher
June 28, 2018

“A tool that provides useful features to improve the writing process. ”

ProsA very easy to use and friendly interface. It suggests the use of words which facilitates and speeds up the writing process.
ConsIn comparison to similar tools it's cost is a little high. After installing it my computer turned too slow.
June 28, 2018
Rose S.
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
January 2, 2019

“Decent Tool for bloggers.”

ProsIt is a decent tool if you're a writer or blogger and trying to catch errors before posting articles and the such. It is not the easiest to use, but those new to the program won't have a huge learning curve. It's a value for the money.
ConsHas a tendency to be a bit buggy but not enough that it's a major con.

By Ginger Software on January 3, 2019
Hi Rose, Thank you for your review and feedback. We at Ginger are working hard to improve every day and you can rest assure that the program will only get better and better.
January 2, 2019