symplr Ratings

Overall
3.5/5
3.5/5

About symplr

Cactus & eVIPs from symplr have combined as the most robust and comprehensive provider data management software solution in healthcare. This fully scalable platform automates your processes for provider credentialing, appointment, privileging, enrollment, OPPE/FPPE, custom reporting, contracting & network management, and peer review. Highly scalable cloud-based access with secure data integrations provides a single source of truth for enterprise-wide integration, reporting, and accuracy. Learn more about symplr

Kirk V.
March 30, 2018

“I think the customer support operates at a high level. Software ease of use could be more friendly.”

ProsI like the overall visual layout. I like being able to populate and move from name to name in the left hand, blue sidebar.
ConsI have offered these some of these suggestions in the past, but nothing has seemed to change. 1. I wish that information viewing "boxes" say, in Specialties/boards, would have the capability to expand, versus being fixed and using a slider bar. This applies to several of the different "instances". 2. There are far too many redundant keyboard "clicks" required. I make my choice and then a screen comes up asking "am I sure" and I have to verify my choice. When I make a choice, don't ask me to verify. Another wasted extra keyboard click is when dropping a PDF into "images" on the toolbar of the credentialing instance. I move the document in, then a screen comes up that I have to click on stating "An image has just been added...". Every time that pops up I say to myself, "No, s#*t. I just purposefully added it." 3. When I enter a "from" date, I would like the cursor to automatically jump to the "to" date box, (like it used to do in visual cactus), instead of having to press "tab". 4. When I enter, let's say, a new license on the licensing screen, I would like for it to automatically go and populate into the credentialing instance, versus having to go to the credentialing set up, to click on the yellow icon to approve the entry. Again, I purposefully entered it. Trust that I wanted to do it. Don't make me have to do yet another verification of my actions. 5. Re: "Packets" they don't work the way they were explain to us,and sought clarification/direction 2x
Jennifer R.
Credentialing Manager
Insurance, 1001-5000 employees
May 28, 2019

“Visual CACTUS vs Web Based CACTUS”

OverallAs stated above NPDB in Web based CACTUS. We have resolved a printer issue in CACTUS, however, with most of our issues our IT team figures out a work around to the problem. We feel since we are paying for this that CACTUS should be solving these problems. It took a month or more for them to solve the issue around a mandatory update with NPDB.
Pros1. CAQH module (extra fee to have implemented) 2. NPDB Malpractice information loaded and able to copy in Visual CACTUS but not in Web Based. 3. Queries we can run for our specific needs 4. More cost effective for our needs than our IT component building something similar.
Cons1. Customer service has decreased drastically since being taken over by Symplr. 2. We put Web based CACTUS into test 4 years ago and still have not put it into production due to the functionality not meeting our needs or what we have in Visual CACTUS today. 3. Delayed implementations, ie NPDB that required us to manually input provider data into NPDB vs using CACTUS autofill process resulting in more time to process applications. 4. We always test the product before implementation and feel like we find problems for them and we would rather have a partnership where we could test prior to the release. As stated earlier we have been testing Web based CACTUS for 4 years.
Sue P.
Asst Director
April 5, 2018

“At this time I am having some issues and customer support is not able to resolve it.”

ProsThe software has a lot to offer in terms of maintenance however, it's difficult to look at pros right now considering my comments below. There are some good tracking options and I do like that we can call for support although lately the support has fallen short.
ConsOverall, the software is good, but there are numerous glitches such as making an entry in the cred verification screen can affect other screens and roll back dates which wipes out the new entry. I am not able to send an email through cactus which I was able to do previously and support has not been able to fix this after hours on the phone with them. Lastly, we should be able to go from one screen and function to another without having to close out each time. For example, if I a running some documents from cactus and I need to check an address of a provider, I cannot just minimize that and look, I have to close out the documents. This is time consuming and frustrating. Overall too many glitches and this makes one not trust the software - the support team needs to be better! A few are knowledgeable but lately the ones I've dealt with don't know how to address and fix it. Too much wasted time on the phone and I was told they would get back with me with a resolution and no one ever called me back---very disappointing and poor customer service.
Danette P.
March 29, 2018

“Used Cactus for last 15+ years and love it and all it does but the customer support is bad.”

OverallAll information is in one place, easily accessible. Expirable reports are easy to run and it is easy to keep things up to date. Queries and reports can be easily customized to what you need.
ProsThe ability to write and customize reports and queries to what we need. We are soon to move to App Central and are looking forward to that functionality. The different modules that are offered are great.
ConsReally I cannot say anything bad about the software. User friendly. The only con I have is not related to the software - it is technical support. In the past I could never say about word a tech support, they were awesome. Now tech support if very bad. Normally the phone does not get answered, you have to leave a voice mail that some times is returned and some times not. Then there are some tech support people that cannot help you. In the past you would call, your call would be quickly answered and your problem was quickly fixed allowing you to move on with your work. Definitely not the case any more. This has been going on for months and months with no improvement noted.
Julie C.
Director System Credentialing
April 8, 2019

“Cactus- Not What it Used to Be”

OverallOur experience with Visual Cactus was great but a lot changed with Web Cactus. It has not been a good experience for us. They no longer have the customer support or the depth of knowledge to handle issues.
ProsVisual Cactus was great. Cactus was able to customize the product to suit our needs. Customer support WAS great too.
ConsWeb Cactus has fallen short of the mark for us. Important customizations that we had in visual were not included in Web. It took over six months to get one customization in Web. We could not function in Web until the customization was complete. We have had issue after issue. Reports will all of a sudden start pulling in bogus information, the new version of iResponse has been a nightmare and we have had plenty of problems with iPrivileges too. The support has gone down hill. You may hear back from them the following week. And they have a lot of new people who dont know the system, so it takes months to get an issue resolved. I do not feel that we are valued as a customer.
April 8, 2019
Deborah K.
Insurance, 201-500 employees
April 2, 2018

“I use Cactus credentialing software, not all the features of Symplr. I'm very happy with it!”

OverallThere are tons of little time savers that add up to a lot of efficiency. OIG sweeps, dashboards, links to NPPES and state licensing boards, ability to scan and screenshot documents straight into Cactus, NPDB queries, robust query tools, groups, workbooks, user-defined fields, databases of institutions, mail merge documents, contact log - it's all great!
ProsThe web-based version gave lots of improvements. I love the customer service! They are very responsive to their customers' needs. I love many things - easy queries, user-defined fields, NPDB access, scanning and screen shots directly into the software, dashboard!
ConsThey changed to a proprietary word processor instead of Word. There are things I can't do, and when I went to alter a Word document that I had created in Visual Cactus, it completely messed it up and made it unusable. I also find flat files more confusing than in Visual Cactus.
Susan R.
Medical Affairs Assistant
April 2, 2018

“Visual Cactus works well for maintaining our credentialing information.”

ProsThe Documents are fairly easy to work with/author/edit. Multiple users can access the same record simultaneously with no problems. Assigning screen- and field-level security is simple to understand.
ConsThere has been a decline in Customer Support responsiveness over the past few years. We used to be able to get connected with someone who knew the software very well, and if they didn't have the answer, would consult with someone and get back to us. Many of my Customer Support calls have gone to someone who doesn't seem sure of what the system can do or how it should be working. There also seems to be some confusion ever since symplr acquired Cactus--there is a definite division between symplr and Cactus but sometimes following a link, etc. will get me to the wrong place and it's like I've reached an entirely different company.
Tammy S.
Director, Medical Staff Affairs
April 5, 2018

“I've been in Medical Staff Affairs for 23 years. ”

OverallMoved from a consultant developed Access database.
ProsLEMM is a real time saver. The tracking and reporting capabilities. A new employee that used CACTUS at her prior employment, stated that they never utilized CACTUS like we do. I feel like we are using it to its maximum ability.
ConsSince CACTUS merged with symplr, Customer Service has declined. Customer Service isn't as knowledgeable; therefore, it takes longer to obtain resolution. Would like updates to AppCentral that were planned a couple of years ago. Better tracking area in CACTUS for OPPE/FPPE. Currently, we are using the Peer Review form. The number of times staff keep telling us we should move to the web version. We have no plans to change. The length of time it takes the NPDB result to attach the image on the Credentialing/Verification form.
September 17, 2019

“Very Powerful ”

Overallthis program is a very powerful program and when used correctly is a valuable tool in the credentialing process. I don't have much experience with other programs but what I have experienced I am impressed and am fairly happy. even with the cons I listed, I would and do plan to stay with this program.
ProsMakes tracking Privilege dates, license expirations....a snap.... easy to pull reports and fairly easy to input.
Conswe switched from Visual Cactus to web based Cactus and the transition has not been very smooth. most of the bugs have been worked out but not all. it would have been best if Cactus/Symplr had worked all the bugs out ahead of implementing the new product.
September 17, 2019
Kris R.

“Not what we expected.”

OverallUpper management talks the talk, but are not good with follow through.
ProsTrainers are good and so is support, but the initial build of the system and clean up from conversion is the client's responsibility - very time consuming.
Cons-LEMM (web crawler) only works for MD/DO state licensure boards, it will not perform web crawls for DPM, DDS, etc. Also, the LEMM "bucket" (after it has performed a webcrawl and results sent back) has to be cleaned out daily. It's like having another email inbox to manage, and saving the results to the system for each individual provider. Very time consuming. -OIG/SAM query - you can do a monthly sweep of the entire medical staff, but it will not provide a report to show evidence of completion. -Mass uploads - when large groups renew malpractice insurance, you can only do a mass update to change the expiration date, you cannot mass upload the certificate of insurance (COI) to each provider in the group. It's a manual process to save the COI to each practitioner's file. -Uploading documents - what symplr refers to as images - you can click on a PDF file from your computer and drag it over into the system, but you cannot click/drag/drop a PDF from an email attachment. You have to save the email attachment to your computer, then click/drag/drop. Extra step. -Primary Source Verification - you can go to various Board, NPI, etc. websites and the system will create a PDF to be saved to a practitioners file; however, this feature will not work for AMA/AOIA website. Same extra step as above. -Letters -have to create your own letters and forms (affiliation, peer reference) within the system-functionality is the same as Microsoft Word, but it's not Word-very cumbersome.
Melissa J.
Manager, Medical Staff Services
March 29, 2018

“Declining service in the recent past and recent increases in cost will make us do a good ROI.”

ProsThe functionality of the database and ease of use in finding things on the screens. The ease of creating easy queries is great.
ConsLetter revisions, customer support is declined. The company has grown too large, taken on too much and forgotten about the client/end user. Fragmented sections of the company that make you call the other section - Symplr needed stuff for peer review and I had to call Cactus to get them. This is not good customer support. Requests to the help desk aren't handled timely. Long time account managers are changed for no apparent reason. All in all, I have gone from a very happy customer to being on the fence about the new organization.
Travis H.
Director of Provider Credentialing
March 29, 2018

“The initiation and install went well, but response to requests after go live have been negligent.”

OverallWe have more flexibility in changing and reporting Provider Data.
ProsThat it can handle a myriad of complexities for provider, group, entity, and facility relationships.
ConsThe reporting capabilities are not intuitive at all. It takes an advanced degree in Crystal to write reports. The import utility is also extremely cumbersome. Mass updating of products and Plans does not allow you to only update certain address types. There are also no workflows or checklists that would track a process for contracting or credentialing. Security roles also don't allow enough control of field level restrictions. It's also very difficult to figure out what field applies to certain screens to limit roles. I went over the nature of our work with the salesman and he promised me that Vistar could handle it all and I don't feel like we got what we were sold.
K. B.
NPG Scheduling Manager
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
April 13, 2018

“Excited about new features and ongoing improvements”

OverallSystem integration, better departmental communication, excellent informational tracking and accountability of task completion.
ProsProvides a "one-stop-shop" for many needs and minimizes monotonous data entry through auto-population. Allows for simplified processes for credentialing and onboarding/physician relations.
ConsI think my con would be not having adequate training on how to use all of the features. However, I do not think this is a software issues, just an issue with how the system was set up, implemented, and educationally developed. If I knew about the features that we had original capability, it would have been better utilized over the past two years.
April 13, 2018
Paul R.
Credentialing Supervisor
April 2, 2018

“Overall Cactus I am pleased with the CACTUS software program and it's functionality.”

ProsAbility to track in Credentialing instances what verifications have been sent out and received. Ability to create widgets on the dashboard and track upcoming expirables is a great feature.
ConsFor a short period of time at a previous job, I used another credentialing software. The one thing I liked about that software was the auto verification and summary of those auto verifications at a glance to know OIG, SAM, Licenses, DEAs, ABMS were all automatically verified or all able to be ordered in a batch at any time. Cactus does have that functionality to some extent, but I think there is room for improvement.
Heather J.
System Director of Physician & Practitioner Services
October 9, 2019

“Symplr Software”

OverallThe overall experience has been favorable with Symplr. They have listed to the client request and have been very accommodating.
ProsThe software is easy to navigate and is basically a one stop shop for all medical staff credentialing.
ConsThe only con that the system has is that not all of the field names can be modified by each entity. I wish that there was a bit more flexibility with this function.
October 9, 2019
Thomas A.
Administrator ¿ Medical Staff Professional Development, Database and Communication Specialist
May 21, 2019

“Upgrade Process Needs An Upgrade”

OverallEver since the acquisition by Symplr, working with support has become more of a process than a simple call. Most recently we began to undertake a minor upgrade. This turned into a 4month process, requiring countless departments involvement at our organization and symplr. The upgrade details and process is not streamlined on symplr's side, and there has been turnover since the initial upgrade was scheduled. This has been the most painful process we have ever experienced with our offices biggest vendor. We pay far too much annually, to have to go through this for such a minor upgrade.
Prosgeneral ease of use is relatively straightforward.
Consthe upgrade process is painful at all levels (major or minor version upgrade)
May 21, 2019
Shawna C.
analyst/auditor
March 29, 2018

“Recent difficulties with getting information - they are having growing pains.”

ProsOnce you understand the make up of it and what it can do, it is great to make the work flow move. Automation of tasks and processes is nice - if you are aware of them and/or are willing to pay for every add on.
ConsIt can be cumbersome - especially if you don't know what it can do. Education on new implementations and features have been little to none lately. Any time there is an enhancement, understanding exactly how to implement it into current work flows is clumsy - sometimes requiring revamp of a lot of things. More clicks per task means more things that can be missed.
Bobbie S.
Medical Staff Services Manager
April 5, 2018

“I have been a Cactus User for many years. ”

OverallIt was the first credentialing software used at our facility. It helped to facilitate efficiency in the credentialing process, but did not get us to a fully electronic process.
ProsMy familiarity with the software. We were not able to expand on the use and move to a fully electronic office due to constraints of the software we utilize.
ConsMany folks find it complicated and hard to navigate (not intuitive). I find some of the data fields we enter cannot be generated in reports. The software seems to be more geared to managed care organizations than hospitals.
Rebecca P.
Administrator

“Cactus for the day”

OverallI have enjoyed working with the symplr team. They are very customer friendly. The support team is amazing.
ProsFor the most part the software is easy to use. As you work through the screens, the system will guide you. I also like that for each screen you manipulate, you will be reminded to save prior to getting out of the system.
ConsThere have been times during the day that the system just freezes. When this happens, you as the user must get completely out of the system and re-log-in.
Deb D.
Credentialing Manager
Insurance, 1001-5000 employees

“Symplr Review”

OverallWe meet weekly with Symplr to work out any system issues, upgrades and new business. We are currently working on automated delegation and the Associates we work with, the rep (I call him MacGyver because he can design and fix anything). The rep always responds back good or bad and keeps priorities focused. The project lead all amazing people to work with. Thank you for a great product.
ProsThe software is very user friendly and if there are any issues the support desk associates are the best. We've been using Symplr for almost 2 years, My team and I are very pleased with the system.
ConsI don't think there is anything I don't like except maybe the reporting from crystal.
Andrew C.
Systems Analyst

“Symplr / Cactus”

OverallThe software is solid and functions as expected. Symplr support is very helpful and take the time to come to a resolution. This is used by our centralized verification office and medical staff offices across the health system.
Pros- Flexibility to track providers in a variety of scenarios - Queries and documents are very user friendly - Integration with other Symplr hosted products - Suite of Cacti products provides needed information for various groups
Cons- No function to merge duplicate providers
Kevin C.
Sr Analyst Applications
April 5, 2018

“Always been positive. The cactus product works for us. ”

OverallIt helps get the big job of managing all our medical staff information organized and accurate, and it does so in a cost effective way.
ProsCactus is always been reliable, Cactus/Symplr keeps abreast of regulatory changes, version upgrades are generally painless, the helpdesk support line is the best.
ConsI'd really have to think hard about that because its so seldom I hear of any complaints. I checked with other users in our Medical Staff Administration department and no one could think of a single complaint.
Linda F.
Executive Assistant
April 5, 2018

“Very user friendly and does so much more than my previous software, PrivPlus”

OverallFaster turn around time for processing applications and reappointments. Ease of sending multiple letters. Useful reports and sign-in sheets for meetings. Tracking of CMEs Have also utilized the program for tracking clearances on the providers, medical staff dues and application fees.
ProsThe ability to generate all the necessary letters and web crawler information from the verification log for appointments/re-appointments.
ConsNothing really comes to mind other than sometimes it seems to be slow. This could be from my system at this end.
Insurance, 501-1000 employees
April 5, 2018

“Cactus is the credentialing software my organization purchased.”

OverallIt keeps all of our provider information in one database for ease of access.
ProsI prefer the ease and esthetics of Visual Cactus over the more challenging and unappealing web-based Cactus.
ConsThe web-based Cactus is not as user-friendly as Visual Cactus. Also, it does not interface with my organization's other programs. **This review is based on my time at the Corporate level. I have recently started with the managed care business unit, therefore my Cactus experience here is limited.
Jo J.
Medical Staff Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
April 2, 2018

“Competent customer service representative assisted with query. ”

OverallCredentialing tracking and ability of providing lists to hospital personnel
ProsI have used the product since the days of DOS and I am used to it. I do like customer service and their willingness to assist when I run into any issue.
ConsToo many modules, should be "all encompassing", e.g. LEMM, iResponse, etc. Also, when the "next generation" of Cactus was upgraded from Cactus Vintage, for existing customers, should have been an automatic upgrade for those with technical specifics, not fee-based.
Sharon A.
Director Quality Management
April 6, 2018

“Very responsive. customer friendly. Try to get what we need built into the system.”

OverallTransparency and full disclosure to needed reviewers.
ProsEase of use, easy to teach new users. It's evolving and getting better all the time. I use the Event Reporting system constantly.
ConsWe are not notified when there are changes made. I just found today several new Event types in the Event Reporting system. There are too many variations of the Credentialing program. Need to align everyone onto same platform. Seems to be taking way too long to get us up and running.
April 6, 2018
JAN B.
Credentialing Program Specialist
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
April 4, 2018

“Priv+ has made tracking & reporting very easy, now that I've had more training on how to use it.”

OverallWe have a back up tracking system to our credentialing department that allows us to track multiple areas of a providers appointments, privileging, on staff dates, and focused & ongoing professional practice evaluations all within one system.
ProsI like the tracking features that it offers and the ability to create data reports specific to what I'm looking for.
ConsI haven't learned how to used the system enough to have any Cons to anything yet, so I really do not have a valid comment for this section.
April 4, 2018
Candy H.
Service Line Owner
April 3, 2018

“Overall good. Longtime user 20+ years ”

ProsDesktop=ability to bring up multiple provider records side by side. This is critical for cleanup. Viewing the entire form on a screen without scrolling to enter. Web=institution merge
ConsDesktop version=report building. Support is lacking on Foxpro. Web=constant scrolling through the form to be able to see/enter all the information. Inability to see forms on a single page. Inability to bring multiple forms up at the same time in a tile format
Roni B.
Credentialing Supervisor
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
April 2, 2018

“Cactus is not what it used to be...”

OverallWe're able to get the job done eventually
ProsDashboard, creating queries is easier (except one issue - note in Cons), it looks pretty. The pros do not outweigh the cons - a lot of functionality and speed was lost with Web Cactus. We have 18 entities, most of whom refuse to use web Cactus. We have put in requests with issues and even a few enhancement requests, which I've listed in the Cons below.
ConsCannot view multiple forms at the same time, VERY slow due to web-based, Reports keep breaking, queries come out funky sometimes - extra almost-blank lines (does not happen in Visual Cactus), sections that collapse can be "dangerous" - accidentally collapse something and a whole section is forgotten, excessive mouse usage - VC allowed us to tab and use arrow buttons to move around and use space bar to toggle checkboxes on and off, Running reports and documents is excruciatingly slow, editing Word documents is buggy, adjusting the light/dark contrast must be reconfigured every day, attaching documents to specialties is too complex, Updated crystal reports in Web Cactus does not carry over to VC and vice-versa, Fields in Web Cactus were moved around and even renamed which makes the transition from Visual to Web very painful, Verification Date and Verified By disappear when the Verified checkbox is unchecked, we are not able to delete NPDBs from Web Cactus which come back as an error - It works fine in VC.
Debbie F.
April 2, 2018

“I've used Cactus for over 20 years”

ProsUser the Visual Cactus version is very friendly, great customer support, tons of features and functionality. I believe the price is a value, as I have used it at three local companies, all of whom looked at over software.
ConsThe web version is not as user friendly. It is very different than the Visual version and does not make as much "sense" when trying to figure out where to go in the system to find something or do something.
Lisa F.
Credentialing Coordinator
March 30, 2018

“Recently customer support has been hit-or-miss. Overall I'm happy with the product.”

OverallMuch more quickly access data / complete applications - keeping in mind that I build my own profiles and put my own packets together. It's unfortunate that there is not an easier way to create profiles without having to use Crystal reports to do so.
Pros"look and feel" of web-based cactus is great, ability to create packets and documents to automatically e-mail out of the database is a HUGE time saver, widgets are super helpful
Consinability to do more complex queries - i.e. because "work history" and "affiliations" are in the same table I can't filter on two types for the same field. Flat files are very cumbersome to create.
Stephanie D.
Civic & Social Organization, Unspecified
April 5, 2018

“Enhancements to the system are expensive. The new web based software is not easy on the eye. ”

OverallHistorically we have benefited, but I would shop around if starting from scratch.
ProsWe have it already and it would be a big endeavor to change software. Staff is trained and it would be too expensive to change.
ConsEnhancements are too expensive. The recent OIG/SAM querying capability should not be an extra fee. This is should be a basic function. Company has lost "family feel" since it became Simplyr.
Portia A.
Medical Staff Services Director
April 2, 2018

“Cactus/Symplr is our first credentialing software product. It has saved us a great deal of time. ”

Overall1) Reduced processing time 2) Data easily accessible 3) Provider satisfaction
ProsData fields are easy to complete. Will print the IL Credentialing form with most data input. The Customer Service is by far better than most. There are quite a few customizable fields where you can add data unique to your processes.
ConsA lot of features I wanted in credentialing software product are an extra cost with Cactus/Symplr. The reports are not easy to create and print. I always need customer support to create a report that I need.
Debbie G.
Credentials Coordinator
Medical Practice, 5001-10,000 employees
April 2, 2018

“Cactus is the only credentialing software I am familiar with but it seems to meet all our needs.”

ProsIt organizes all the credentialing information we gather so it is easily found. The phone support it amazing.
ConsIf we need to get something corrected or customized, it seems to take quite a while to get the final product. We entered the privilege lists manually and it doesn't like to organize it the way we want it within Cactus. It prints the reports ok though.
Sherri H.
April 2, 2018

“I have been using Cactus/Symplir for 9-10 years”

ProsEasy to use, we still have Visual Cactus and it does everything that we need it to do. Database is easy to use to load my providers for sending payor updates to all our networks. Can pull a report quickly using queries.
ConsTrying to get a flat file loaded into CAQH is beyond me! Sometimes I wonder if the data is correct that is pulled from CAQH.
Jolee M.
Provider/Network Systems Specialist
April 2, 2018

“I am a huge fan of Cactus Symplr. Our health system has had very positive results with the product. ”

ProsCactus is constantly looking at improving their software and adding additional features to streamline the credentialing process.
ConsWe are experiencing a great dissatisfaction with deploying a new module purchase. The skills of our contact have been less than expected, and the response to our concerns is gravely concerning. Our hope is that this isn't a new trend.
Amy T.
CVO Manager
April 2, 2018

“Since the acquisition by Symplr, things have gone downhill.”

OverallEasy access to provider's information.
ProsEasy of Use. Privilege forms for reference. The ability to attached verified items. Batch print of verification letters.
ConsReports get changed and then no one knows how they originally existed and they are never the same. It seems I have to be "ugly" to get anything fixed. Turn around time for tickets seems very slow.
Stacy W.
Medical Staff Coord
March 29, 2018

“Very user friendly and great support from Symplr Team!”

OverallStreamline credentialing processes and working more efficiently.
ProsAfter using PrivPlus for so long, Symplr was so advanced and very user friendly. There are so many "Bells & Whistles" and the staff are so helpful when you call on them.
ConsRunning reports can be time consuming and trying to get the information needed into one report, even with MyReports report writer.
Jill O.
Director-Physician Services
March 29, 2018

“ Noticeable degradation in customer service over last year. Some modules need redesign.”

OverallTracking credentialing data. LEMM!
ProsFlexibility with user-defined fields. Ability to view multiple tabs at one time (I understand this goes away with web)--please fix!
ConsDegradation in support over last year. Inability to include "or" clauses in query writer (I understand that is resolved with Web version). Disappointing responses to questions.
Joyce M.
Medical Staff and Medical Library Director
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees

“Not so Much”

ProsThe ability to write queries and add fields in forms. This is a powerful database while still maintaining customization and ease of use. The help desk staff members are amazing.
ConsThe Software sales rep and tech support that works on customizing the product are extremely over worked and cannot deliver on timelines.
Lisa D.
Systems Analyst
April 5, 2018

“The system has been easy to learn and use and our account crew has been amazing”

ProsI like that I am able to pull up snapshots of our organization at any moment it's needed, as well as being able to pull real-time data. Having all of the rep information easily accessible is very helpful
ConsIt would be nice if I could perform remote overrides from my desktop without having to go to the sign in station
Suzanne T.
11-50 employees
April 5, 2018

“I have over 20 years in the Medical Staff Credentialing field.”

OverallGood product that meets our needs for now. I am concerned about the web product and whether the bugs have been worked out of the new product.
ProsI am happy that it is customer friendly! That makes for a lot of the sections to be more useful for many different uses.
ConsI am not sure that it is the software, but the solid problem is that the customer service has gone ho
Michael K.
IT

“Excellent Product”

OverallTime Saving and also the ability to interface with other products.
ProsEase of use. The Staff is friendly. The use of Bomgar makes its easy to communicate. The Road Shows are phenomenal.
ConsSupport calls are not answered all the time. There is lack of training documentation on the website for App Central or for icommittee . Training Videos on this will be nice.
Melissa E.
Manager, System CVO Operations
April 2, 2018

“it has been a good tool for us. I think it is pretty easy to learn.”

ProsBecause we are a large health system, Cactus allows us to capture just about anything we want in queries. It is user friendly.
ConsThere are a few cumbersome steps and I do have a few enhancements I would love to share. A few places could use some updates but I'm hoping these will be fixed once we get on Web-based Cactus.
Charolette C.
Sr. Credentialing Specialist
March 30, 2018

“It is not what was fully shown to us during the selling presentation.”

ProsThat I can house all of my providers electronic files in one place and can link the contracted payors.
ConsA lot of the functions that we were sold on don't exist or don't work. I have sent requests advising that license PSV often don't work. Have ben told that it would be corrected but no follow up was provided. I was going outside of the system to do this prior to eVIPs and I am still doing that. Was told that I could program alerts to get an email reminder. It is a year later and I still don't have a clue how this function works. I am still using tools that I had in place prior to this costly purchase. Running reports can be very convoluted as well.
Catherine O.
Enrollment Specialist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1000 employees
March 30, 2018

“We have struggled with Cactus and the way it was hosted. ”

OverallIt has been a good start to taking our credentialing process paperless.
ProsSource of truth for us. It makes it easy for the credentialing team and enrollment team to collaborate.
Consnot intuitive. It is difficult to retrieve data specific to our needs at times. We, as of yet, still have not been able to make mail merge work. APp Central fax back process is awful.
Maggie F.

“Overall very satisfied”

ProsNew updates and enhancements - new online application process has been wonderfully easy to implement and use. New and existing providers love it!
Conscost is a huge factor to adding new features, such as license and OIG monitoring. It's hard to cost justify these types of things when it costs so much to implement and then pay yearly to keep.

“Symplr Vendor Credentialing”

ProsEasy application to use and adjustable to meet our needs with user defined fields Customer support for process within the application and reporting is excellent
ConsNone identified at this time Once you learn more about the capabilities issues usually correct themselves.
Kristina H.
Manager, MSO
April 5, 2018

“The system works great for us!!!!”

ProsWe really truly love everything about the product. Some of the things that really standout are the standard reports, workflows, master tables and the ability to upload applications/documents.
ConsI think that license/DEA/Board Certification web crawls would be very beneficial for our organization.
Sara W.
April 3, 2018

“Visual Cactus is excellent for credentialing.”

OverallMore consistency and accuracy
ProsData entry is user friendly. It is easy to set up basic queries. There is some customization allowable. LEMM is a life changer.
ConsThere are some limitations. Cannot query off the audit log, i.e., changes made. It is very costly to have documents revised in AppCentral.