Passpack Ratings

Overall
3.5/5
3.5/5

About Passpack

Online password manager that enables companies to manage multiple logins per site, share and provision passwords, and click to login. Learn more about Passpack

Nathan W.
Marketing Director
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
June 26, 2019

“I used to be one of Passpacks biggest fans”

OverallI've used passpack for over 5 years. Couldn't be happier except they've had trouble keeping up with all the new changes in tech, smart phones in particular. They are slow to innovate and don't seem to have the infrastructure in place to support it customers properly. 5 years ago I'd give then 5 stars. Now I'd give them a 2.5.
ProsI should say right off that I'm still using passpack's version 7 of their software. I've been using it for personal and business for years and it's been excellent. The first 100 passwords free was amazing and when I hit over 100 I was totally ok with paying for it. Its very stylistically minimalist but does the job. I was a big fan until they stopped keeping up with changes in tech... Their new version has taken years to get off the ground and continues to have bugs that make it hard to use. This was stellar at one point, but now I would advise you tread carefully before diving in with passpack. Test the product thoroughly before you throw too many of your pws into it, as well as your time and money. I still use it on a weekly basis but have started steering friends and clients towards other options. I've found an alternative I really like now and am planning on migrating over soon.
ConsPasspack was one of the best in my experience until tech changed, smart phones became everything and in all of that passpack just stopped keeping up. They've been working on an updated version for years and it's still full of bugs. I set up a new account and so many things were wrong with it that it was unusable. I contacted customer support and it took over a week to reply and their reply just sent gave me a link to a forum article that didn't even answer my question. The migration for us long time users is non existant--we basically have to join the new passpack as though we're migrating from another company. My dear passpack, what happened to you? I think this was built by a small group of people that just lost passion in keeping up with it. They also don't have an app, though they have a "web app" for their newest version that is suppose to be more mobile friendly. I hope dearly that passpack will fix their issues because they have huge potential. Check them out but kick the tires.
June 26, 2019
Laura D.
June 10, 2018

“Love this software! Essential for success with my clients.”

OverallSecure way to deal with all the passwords we need to function in today's world.
ProsEasy to learn to use, easy to enter and update data. Double entry, complex passphrases for sign-in makes unwanted access unlikely. With multiple passwords for multiple business entities and several employees using the same applications and systems, Passpack keeps passwords safe and accessible to everyone on multiple computers. Also, Passpack makes it safe to access these same online systems remotely. The notes feature allows attaching additional information easily - like the security questions and answers some sites require. The live link feature allows one click for accessing the login sites of specific websites. An additional safety feature is that the application closes access to the password list after the site has been inactive for a period of time and requires re-entering the second passphrase to get back into the password section.
ConsThe additional safety feature that closes the site when it's inactive is irritating because you have to keep re-entering the second passphrase OFTEN when working on several projects that require different passwords. I haven't found a timer and unlike some sites that pop up a warning box so you can choose to continue working in the secure site, Passpack just logs out of that area. This is a minor irritation for something that provides an added level of security in case someone is called away from their computer and didn't log out of Passpack before leaving the workstation.
June 10, 2018
Jessica M.
Corporate Office Director
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
September 23, 2019

“The program everyone needs”

OverallLife changing! I can't tell you how nice it is to not click "forgot password" on every single app and website I use now that I have one place to store them all. I also LOVE the feature where it creates passwords for you using the perimeters needed. And that you can get to the website by clicking the icon and click another icon to copy the password. And being able to share passwords with my husband or my coworkers as needed, brilliant!
ProsI love that I can keep my passwords in ONE place, keep them private but have the option to share them with chosen people. And only having to remember one password and one phrase to access all of my accounts (especially the rarely used ones), that's a blessing!
ConsThat it times out so quickly. Sometimes I wish it was open my entire workday. I suppose there could be a setting for this that I haven't looked for.
September 23, 2019
Stefanos S.
Business Operations Assistant
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
September 6, 2017

“Very pleased and suitable for big teams!”

OverallWe have reached a point to being able to control and manage all the company credentials and have the ability to provide and remove access within a few clicks.
ProsWe have been using passpack for quite a while now. It is a really useful tool. The main strong points I would say are the following: - Simple and easy to use interface - A number of options and fields to add any info you want - Password suggestion options - Stability - Good customer support All in all a stable and solid service that does exactly what you need.
ConsOne thing that really annoys me (and I would say maybe the only thing at the moment) is that when you are logged on for a while the service automatically reboots (in a sense) resulting in it interrupting whatever task I was doing.
September 6, 2017
Michael D.
Freelance Writer
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
July 16, 2019

“Does everything you need”

OverallThis made it dead simple to securely manage passwords for a variety of clients. I didn't want to have to worry about using the same password for everything, and I didn't want to have to constantly deal with password requests. This made it all so simple.
ProsIt does exactly what it's supposed to - it stores and protects your passwords. With so many different passwords to remember, this is essential.
ConsIt was annoying that only the admin could add passwords so everyone on the team could see them. If a team member added a password, nobody else in the network could see that password.
Alexandra C.
Finance Manager
March 9, 2018

“Forget about storing passwords in a simple doc”

ProsPasspack allows to save passwords and share among certain users and/or groups of users. You can save notes to every entry if you want to store your answers to secret questions, for example. Easy to manage and to use.
ConsThere is a double security, first you enter your password to access your account, and then you enter your passphrase. If you ever forget you passphrase, it can not be restored/reset and you will have to create a brand new account. I wish there was a way to answer a set of questions and get passphrase reset.
March 9, 2018
RUSHI B.
E-Commerce Specialist
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
February 19, 2019

“I am using this and this is best”

OverallI have 9+ years of working Experience and I used the Passpack in all my companies.
Pros- Very much Secured - It stores in a best way along with the notes so I can carry all my data Securely every where. - Copy the password without Opening the Software - Works well in the Mobile
ConsI like everything here. There is nothing to Improve but sometime I like the Last pass functionality which makes the login automatically but I don't want that all the time so passpack is always better
February 19, 2019
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
April 21, 2019

“The "Basic" Password Manager”

ProsThe security is great. You need to provide your password and the secret pass-phrase to unlock your account. The price is very affordable for small business and teams compared to LastPass. Sharing the password with the team is very quick.
ConsThe website looks very old and outdated. No application support of Android or iOS which is very important nowadays. No support for two-factor authentication.
April 21, 2019
Mark M.
Data analist
Information Services, 11-50 employees
January 8, 2019

“Good software to safely save a lot of accounts”

ProsIt's very easy to save info about a lot of accounts. I like the generate password option, I use it a lot. For business, it's easy to share account info.
ConsIt's not very quick to login, but that shall be that way because of safety.
January 8, 2019
Arman A.
Operator
Gambling & Casinos, 1001-5000 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
May 5, 2019

“Passpack”

ProsThe design is modern and attractive, the passwords can be generated, where words, digits and symbols can be used. The section of notes can be made hidden and the inserted text will not be shown on the screen.
ConsYet this software is way too complicated, when registering on the website it requires such a strong password, that makes registration process longer by trying to choose a password with symbols or equivalent, and one has to remember this difficult password. Also when creating passwords for other sites after registering, the software will not allow to save the draft if there is no "http" prefix in the email section! Such things make the usage of the software complicated.
May 5, 2019
PC Y.
July 13, 2018

“All my logins in one place”

ProsWith Passpack, my passwords are super secure (I even forget how to login sometimes) so they are super secure from me). I can tag entries so I can have work and personal entries in one place. Updating entries is easy to do as well.
ConsI sometimes find Passpack confusing to use as icons are not explained in web browser or in app. So I have to figure it out based on what's around or go to their support. I also don't log in often so the password and the passpack key is sometimes difficult to remember. I need a passpack entry for my passpack login ;)
July 13, 2018
Marina F.
Business Development Executive
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
March 5, 2019

“My default password manager”

OverallI use this as my default password manager, it works quite well with they search options. I just wish they were more clear with the website to check out your passwords, If it wasn't for a friend recoomend the correct link after their management changes, I wouldn't have known it from the website
ProsI feel like I can trust passpack, it's quite easy to use and they search via tags works well
ConsI wish they had a mobile app. Also, they had some changes in the management team, an in order to use the app, I need to use the correct link.
March 5, 2019
Bailey R.
April 19, 2017

“Very Useful”

OverallThis website allows you to securely save passwords. It is very useful since everyone has so many online accounts and passwords that they have to either remember or keep track of somewhere. The different functions are great too. You can put the name of the entry, the username, your password, a link that you can click to go to the right webpage, and notes where you can type in any other pertinent information. You can also share passwords with your coworkers or family members (there is a limit of how many people you can share with if you use the free version). The security features include two-step login, automatic log-off, and blacked out boxes over the passwords and notes unless you click to view them.
April 19, 2017
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
October 10, 2018

“Needs an app ”

OverallIt's been good and does what I need it to.
ProsI like that I can access my passwords and that it is all very secure.
ConsI don't like that they don't have an app so accessing on the go is more challenging.
October 10, 2018
Christopher T.
Writer
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
July 28, 2019

“Great for Storing Passwords”

OverallGood but could use some more functionality with the passwords.
ProsI mean, the purpose of Passpack is in the name: It stores passwords. It is good for that reason. Sometimes, I have eight or nine passwords, and it's difficult to keep track of sometimes. Passpack is good for keeping them in one place.
ConsThe only issue I have is with their second password (you need two to get into the software). If I forget it, that's a problem and I have to start all over again.
July 28, 2019
Yuval P.
Senior Product Owner
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
July 16, 2019

“Pretty bad solution for password management”

ProsSeems like a safe and secure enough solution.
ConsUX is very bad. Hard to find what you're looking for. Hard to share within a team.