Later Ratings

Overall

About Later

Cloud-based platform that helps you plan, manage and schedule your visual social media posts and marketing campaigns on Instagram. Learn more about Later

Richelle B.
Event Coordinator
Fund-Raising, 1-10 employees
September 5, 2019

“The best scheduling platforms! ”

OverallI have used other scheduling platforms in the past and Later is by far my favorite and has an number of great features. I would highly recommend using this software for both small and large organizations. It is a great way to collaborate with a large marketing/digital Strategy team or for an individual whose role is posting on social media. It will save you a lot of time and allow you to be creative with the preview and calendar feature.
ProsUsing Later you are able to schedule post throughout the week that will automatically be added to your feed. Another great feature is you can create a visual Instagram planner to see how content will look aesthetically and if it is on brand before posting. One of the best features with this software is you can link urls to photos that you are posting on your feed. Instead of having to change the link in you bio every time a new event or new article is posted, you can put the later link in your bio and every photo you put a link on using Later will show up. This has been an amazing feature for all the different events our company has going on that requires a customized url. Also very user friendly and easy to teach to new employees.
ConsCurrently we use Later for only Instagram, but our Facebook ad Twitter is also linked to the app as well. I have not tried posting onto these platforms yet using this software. One con is that it is tailored to work best with Instagram from what I have seen so far. It would be great for the app to work across all social media platforms.
September 5, 2019
Laura G.
Manager, Lead Photographer
Photography, Self-employed
March 7, 2019

“Gave me My Life Back!!!”

OverallLater has legitimately changed the way I do business and how I think about social media as a whole. Social media is not a burden anymore, but something that I am very intentional with, I keep my media organized, I get it scheduled, I find it joyful and not a drag to deal with and I owe this all to Later. Major kudos to the Later team for making such an amazing platform!
ProsLater is unbelievably EASY to use! Whether you choose weekly or monthly view, , scheduling with Later could not be any easier!! I have Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram, plus you can connect Twitter as well. They now have scheduling for Insta Stories which is a REALLY BIG DEAL!!! The analytics tools are pure gold because they will help you see exactly how your posts are performing and focus on how to steer your campaigns moving forward. The newly released hashtags analytics will also let you see exactly how well each and every hashtag you're using is performing, so you'll know if you should be using them or research more and replace those hashtags with new ones. Especially if you are handling multiple accounts across a multitude of platforms, and you want to stay on top of your social media, Later is ABSOLUTELY a tool that anyone with a business should use nowadays!!!
ConsI started using Later about two years ago and I can already tell how much they have evolved in just the two years since I've been a user. in the beginning they did not have a placeholder for images, just in case I just had an idea and had the text/copy, but would add the image later. Well, they just rolled this out. So this is just one example of one shortcoming I used to not like about the software, but they are making huge huge strides in constantly improving the platform!
March 7, 2019
Design, 11-50 employees
September 27, 2019

“See Ya LATER, Competing Apps!”

OverallOverall, Later's been a great app to utilize. We tried Buffer, which didn't appeal to our experience style. Later's made it easy for us to post on multiple accounts and customize the scheduled posts. Later's helped us maintain a consistent social media presence in my organization's off-season time when our programming is spread out but we wanna show our relevance in the community.
ProsHow easy it is to use, that it's an industry standard, and the extra features in the subscription are actually worth the price. The free version is accessible to people new to social media marketing, which makes it easy for anyone to get social media marketing/communications experience. The interface makes it easy to visualize when posts are scheduled, which photos have or haven't been used yet, and which social networks the posts are scheduled for. On top of that, I love that each post can be customized based on a platform's post guidelines and, if you have different demographics for each network, you can tailor your first caption to whatever audience you're trying to appeal to.
ConsThe only issue I ran into with Later is trying to authorize Later to log into Facebook mostly because we have multiple admins on the organization's page. We ended up resolving it by finding out the only person allowed to authorize the two apps to combine info is the person with the email address tied to the Later account. It's a hassle to keep in mind, but a small one that can be relieved easily.
September 27, 2019
Katie P.
Content Writer
April 23, 2019

“Visually pleasing and proficient piece of tech”

OverallThis tool is great for short-term and long-term organisation. It allows you to visually map out your brand story through Insta, and gives larger teams structure to work on the details of organizing hashtags, choosing visually consistent messaging and planning each post. The conversation tool is a smart function, and the general layout is very easy and intuitive to use from the get-go. Ps. The blog offers some pretty useful insight too. All in all, I really like this brand.
ProsThe layout is smashing. Being able to view a calendar and also a 'bank' of images is a great idea. I've played around with other services and Later by far offers one of the 'cleanest' and easiest to use interfaces. I've introduced this product to a small-sized start-up I am freelancing for (replacing Hootsuite) and they've seen a consistent increase in engagement on Insta. The price plans are fair and allow for smaller clients looking to develop side-projects, like another of my clients who considers himself a 'technophobe', but has now started his own Insta channel to support his blog. After a few training sessions, the platform is so easy that he's now managing his own hashtags and scheduling with a few pointers from me. So, to summarise: good free option, fair pricing scale for smaller companies, great features (scheduling, hashtag finder, conversation manager), very easy to use platform. Remember, this comes from someone who is working as a freelance content writer and content strategist. My clients are mostly startups and individual professionals (ie consultants). My experience with later, therefore, is limited to the free plan and smaller pricing plans - I've not used the Brand/Starter packs for business.
ConsI'm scraping the barrel here... The hashtag function is pretty smart, but beware - whilst it recommends hashtags within the topic, the hashtags themselves can go beyond irrelevant and become downright inappropriate (I have experienced on more than one occasion googling (instagoogling?) the hashtags recommended by Later's tool and getting a lot of 'modeling' pics eg #gorgeousview, a hashtag related to #stunningview etc - half-naked chicks wasn't the vibe/audience the client was going for. Not exactly Later's fault, but something to be warned of that it looks like a 'quick fix' to a part of the Instagramming that really takes time and effort to research and execute properly. That's about all the complaining I can do.
April 23, 2019
Graphic Design, 1-10 employees
August 29, 2019

“Later”

OverallI love using Later. I think its definitely worth the price, but would like if they allowed a few more users per pricing plan. It is simple, easy, and convenient to use. It really allows you to be in control over your social.
ProsI like the flexibility it has to post and schedule different types of content for Instagram. I really like that you get a preview of your posts and you can plan them out so far ahead.. You actually get a link you can share of your planned posts so other people can see it. My favorite part of later is that you can post directly to Instagram, it allows you to tag people and tag locations. This software also gives you analytics, allows you to pull content from others via hashtags and searches, and it allows you to add other users as contributors.
ConsI currently don't like that you can't auto publish carousel photos but I think that's more of an Instagram API issue than anything else.
August 29, 2019
August 22, 2019

“Great for Instagram, If that is your only social media platform...”

OverallIt helps my business save time by posting to Instagram automatically. I block out an hour or two per month and create my content and schedule it with later, so it is a great tool for my business.
ProsI love the easy set up when you sign up for an account and the fact that it saves you so much time scheduling posts for Instagram! The basic account is also FREE which is amazing! Also, they have a great blog full of valuable content!
ConsI wish it had a way to integrate with more apps, like google drive, canva or adobe. It would just make it easier to create posts and send them over through some sort of integration. I would also like to be able to post to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest etc. with Later, For now they are just and Instagram platform.
Caitlin K.
Marketing Manager
September 5, 2017

“The only way I will schedule my Instagram posts!”

ProsI can't speak highly enough about Later. First off, it's VISUAL. You can schedule out your content by dragging and dropping photos from your media library into your "scheduler", and it doesn't end there.. you can also preview the look of your feed and drag and drop media around according to what looks best, so you always know what your feed is going to look like. For visual brands, this is huge- and initially what drew me to Planoly (but Later easily ended up taking the cake because of it's other features).. the best of which is link in bio. For brands that use frequent call to action "links" in their posts this is revolutionary, and gone are the days that I need to change out our link in bio everrrrry time we post something (and miss out on conversions because of instagram's algorithm and changed links!). With the link in bio feature, you have one static link (linkin.bio/yourbrandname) and your identical feed will show up and EVERY post can link through to a different source. These two features alone are what sold me, but I also love the ability to schedule video, schedule twitter separately, create "tags" in our media library according to different types of posts/locations, etc. for easy access and their analytics get better everyday.
ConsAnalytics are pretty basic, which is unfortunate... but the Later team is always improving them and I am confident they will keep getting more and more robust!
September 5, 2017
Rachel S.
Founder & Designer
Design, Self-employed
May 17, 2017

“The only way I'll plan my Instagram feed!”

Overall:: Super easy to manage Instagram feed planning :: Seamless switch from mobile app to web interface :: I can plan in advance how I want my Instagram feed to look :: Beautifully designed interface :: Packed full of extra features I didn't think to use Note: I only / mainly use Later for Instagram feed planning, but you can use it for more social networks now too!
ProsI absolutely love the whole experience of using Later, from start to finish. I've tried other tools and have ended up circling back to Later every single time. Working with Later is seamless from the app on my iPhone to the web interface. It makes it really easy to plan my Instagram feed, and I know I'm not even using it to the absolute max it could be! I feel like I've just scratched the surface and know there's so much more I could be using this tool for. :)
ConsI find it a lot harder to plan my feed from the app on my phone - it's not quite as intuitive as I feel that it could be. That said, I prefer to do most of the planning from the web interface anyway and use the phone app for reminders to post, and to also add more media to my Later media library.
May 17, 2017
Tyler S.
Media Manager
Automotive, 1-10 employees
May 15, 2019

“Managing our social media accounts has never been easier”

OverallI've used Later for just over a year. Instead of worrying about what to post each day, I will typically schedule posts once a week for the next two weeks or more. It will auto-post and I simply have to check for and respond to comments. It saves so much time and headaches, especially when travelling. I can not do my job without Later, anymore.
ProsI love how frequently this software is updated and how transparent they are with updates and feature requests. This is the first software I've used where feature requests actually get turned into actual features in a timely manner. Occasionally a feature is modified or removed due to the changing API of the social platform itself and Later does it's best to inform their users of the change well ahead of it taking place and suggests workarounds or implements new features to help ease the transition. If I have any complaints about a feature it is a limitation of the API and not Later.
ConsAny limitations in Later are due to the social platforms themselves, limiting what Later can or cannot allow its users to do.
May 15, 2019
Lucy S.
Owner of LVS Digital Marketing
July 24, 2019

“Their Support Team is Terrible ”

OverallWhile their software is good, it does not outweigh the fact that I am losing clients because they can't be bothered to respond to my emails or chats.
ProsI really like Later's easy to use features. It's very good for visually scheduling Instagram posts.
ConsI have been emailing them for over 72 hours trying to add two new Instagram profiles to my account. I've sent multiple emails & chats with no response. It's extremely upsetting that they're are causing turmoil in my on-boarding process especially when I am trying to pay them more money. If they're going to take 48-72 hours to get back to paying customers, please just allow us to automatically add new accounts on our end.
July 24, 2019
Laura P.
Production Coordinator
Media Production, 1-10 employees
September 19, 2019

“More a scheduling app that anything else”

OverallI think it's a good tool to schedule posts os stories that you have previously designed and edited. It'd not very helpful when it comes to tag or mention a large number of people which is quite important if you collaborate with lots of different teams and accounts in your business. Overall, it'd be more helpful if the usability was a bit more similar to what you find on Instagram, however I guess it's just a question of getting used to it (although the predictive keyboard would be a great help).
ProsLater is quite useful to have an idea of what your progression is in terms on followers and reactions. What I like the most about it is the preview option that lets you have a better idea of how your posts would look like . There aren't many other apps that offer you such a useful view. Obviously we also like the fact that lets you schedule all your posts and in general is very intuitive and easy to use. I like how it relays on visual structures to plan your feed. It doesn't overcomplicate things which is very handy. Customer service is also really good.
ConsAll the analytics part of it is really helpful. However, I think it would improve if it could give more details about the overall engagement of our profile. This means it would be great if we could have graphics that sum up all the reactions ( reactions for our stories, posts and clicks on our link all together). One thing I would also improve is to allow the option of uploading more than one still per post. At the moment every time we want to post a few pictures together we need to do it through out phone. I'd also add predictive text when it comes to tag or mention any of our contacts (at the moment you have to enter the full name of everyone, an it takes way longer than doing it though Instagram, specially when you need to tag a lot of people). I'd also like to have the option for adding text to our stories. At the moment Lates lets you crop or apply filters to your stories but it doesn't let you add text or gifs as you would do directly on Instagram.
September 19, 2019
Fraser C.
Founder and Publisher of Universe Today
April 11, 2018

“Organize and schedule your social media posts in advance”

OverallIt allows us to let a different guest astrophotographer post photos to our Instagram every day without a lot of work. An incredibly valuable tool that we totally rely on.
ProsWe let a different astrophotographer "take over" our Instagram account every day and post three of their pictures to our audience. Later makes this incredibly easy for astrophotographers to queue up their pictures (each of which is interacting with Later for the first time), but still gives us control over making sure they're good quality before we post them.
ConsThey have similar functionality for Twitter and Facebook but it's automatically, so it doesn't serve the same purpose for us.
April 11, 2018
Kaylee D.
Editorial Associate
Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees
January 24, 2019

“Later Used for Posting to Instagram”

ProsMy company has been using Later.com to post to Instagram. The ability to preview the feed is extremely helpful for planning content and allows for a gorgeous profile view of your content. Additionally, Later comes with the "link in bio" feature, which allows for us to send users to various posts.
ConsUsing Later from a phone can be difficult, especially if you want to reschedule a post after you have already received the notification that it was supposed to be published.
January 24, 2019
Bruce W.
Learning Development Consultant
Retail, 1-10 employees
January 7, 2019

“To Be Strongly Considered Business Instagram App/Service”

OverallUsing Later.com allows me to "batch" work around creating IG posts. It provides easy to use tools to store and edit photos, create captions, and calendar future posts. The analytics available to a business through Later enable us to refine our posts and has led to a sustained increase in our posts' engagement. The company consistently provides articles and media content that keeps users abreast of Instagram changes and suggests strategies to improve results. Over the past year of use, Later has improved the product and the usefulness of the service to our business on a monthly basis.
ProsIt is designed to create, schedule, and publish Instagram content Strong, analytic feedback, available on business plans Excellent and growing library of training videos and articles to enhance business through the use of Instagram
ConsChat support is emailed based and sometimes there can be two day delays in receiving a response
Stanisa K.
Designer
Design, 1-10 employees
October 18, 2018

“When clients ask for a scheduling platform, I always choose the Later app!”

OverallThe best link customization for your Instagram and also the easiest scheduling platform. I would always use the paid version because there is so much to gain!
ProsI LOVE how you can customize post for each platform and you don't have to schedule everything again for each account if you want to change the text or the graphic. I love the custom link you get when you use it for you Instagram. It's so useful and the analytics are great as well.
ConsI use it daily still and didn't have any problem so far!
October 18, 2018
Diana F.
September 11, 2018

“It's great for casual users. It's terrible if you manage more than a few accounts. ”

OverallTerrible.
ProsEasy to use and easy to stay organized.
ConsCustomer service is terrible. The platform is full of bugs - had to report them every other week. After sending them several emails reporting the bugs, I suggested an improvement to the app (a fix to posting time - every time you edit a future post, the posting time automatically sets to current time which is very annoying because most of the time I want to move it a few days/hours/minutes, but then I forget when I originally scheduled it, so I have to cancel and to check original post time to go back again and edit it - I suggested not to move the time to current time because there's a button to post "NOW" so the time automatically moving to current was very annoying) They just brushed me off and told me to go write that suggestion on a forum and "let the people decide" if it was worth the fix. I mean I already report your bugs every other week, don't ask me to take more of my time to go to a different forum to suggest it. It was a legit improvement. I'm not even going to go and explain the countless of emails I have to send to upgrade my account because apparently, you can only do it the SECOND you are ready not even a day before, but the SECOND you are ready. So, I did so (after already a few emails telling them I would need it in a few days) well, they take a day and a half (I'm still waiting) to upgrade, while I have a deadline tomorrow. But they couldn't upgrade the account when I asked a few days ago.
September 11, 2018
Ashley M.
CRM Administrator
Events Services, Unspecified
October 9, 2017

“Keeping my Timeline Scheduled & Lively!”

OverallBeing able to schedule my posts that I wish to make across all platforms without stopping my day to day business.
ProsI am not big on social media and have a busy life. Later helps me keep organized and schedule posts ahead of time so that I don't have to think about it during my day to day activities. Being able to use their mobile app to post the posts from anywhere is also a big help as sometimes I am not home and need a reminder that it is time to post my scheduled media.
October 9, 2017
Celena D.
Graphic Designer
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
October 15, 2019

“Great for social media planning”

OverallLater is helping us to bridge the gap between departments and maintain an overall aesthetic when it comes to social media feeds.
ProsThe visual preview of your feed is the most helpful feature for designers who work in teams with marketing and advertising team members. The ability to share the preview with someone who doesn't have a Later account is very appreciated when you don't want to purchase more seats on your plan. Also love that it imports your analytics which is great for sharing between employees who don't have direct access to the IG account.
ConsIf you are adding multiple accounts, you can't see all the accounts together on the timeline (as far as I can tell). You have to manually switch between socials to see their specific calendars. Not super helpful when you're scheduling posts across different accounts. Also, have not figured out how to customize the title for a post planned for Pinterest (can only edit the comment)
Julia D.
August 31, 2019

“easy to use auto-publishing app for instagram”

OverallI set time aside once per month and just plan my posts for the whole month: this way I make sure my feed is regularly updated, I can also think of a monthly strategy regarding what I want to post and what subjects I want to cover in my captions. And as it is part of my marketing strategy: i can just tick it of my to-do list for the month.
ProsGreat for auto-publishing posts on instagram and facebook especially if you need to manage more than one account. Find it particularly handy that you can save hashtag captions, saves a lot of time, also helps work around the instagram algorithms that ignores your photo if you post the hashtags in the same order for every photo you publish. The scheduling is pretty straight forward: just drag the photo in the time slot where you want it published, write caption, add hashtags (the paid versions comes with suggestions for hashtags), tag people. Also the Later newsletter is fully of interesting useful information for any business that relies on instagram as part of their marketing strategy.
ConsSo far I am satisfied with the use of Later.
August 31, 2019
Jake N.
Freelance Writer
Online Media, 1-10 employees
November 11, 2018

“Plan Your Awesome Content”

ProsMerely posting good content isn't enough. It needs to be planned and managed in a way that entertains and achieves overall business objectives. This requires careful attention to the structure of your Instagram feed and not just dumping photos in there carelessly. Later allows us to plan our content in the app with a visualization tool and see how our Instagram grid will eventaully look. Now, many apps do the same kind of things that Later does. But Later does it all better. One particularly awesome feature of Later, and a reason why I'm essentially now a promoter of their software, is their amazing blog that teaches users how to get the most from their software and from Instagram.
ConsThe software was particularly confusing for the first couple of sessions. It wasn't as simple as I would have liked at first. Eventually, we got the hang of it.
November 11, 2018
Automotive, 11-50 employees
August 16, 2018

“Easy to use, great for teams”

ProsOne thing I really like about Later is how easy the interface is to use. Also, it's great for teams. The photographer on our team can easily upload pictures into the media library, where I can easily access to use for Instagram posts. Also, I love the search and repost feature. Definitely would recommend Later to social media professionals!
ConsI would like to have a little bit more extensive analytics. In particular, I would find an analytic that reviews hashtag performance very helpful. However, not many social media scheduling programs that I have used actually have this feature. Other than that I am very happy with what Later has to offer.
Kayla S.
Social Media and Digital Marketing Specialist
September 11, 2019

“Tons of features!”

OverallOverall, I do really enjoy Later. I think it's appropriately priced and has great features that many other scheduling apps don't. Most important of all - it allows you to schedule Instagram stories which is VERY important nowadays in social media marketing.
ProsI love that it allows you to post on Instagram stories, which is why I initially purchased a paid plan.
ConsIt's a bit tricky to use and not the most user-friendly. I haven't been able to dive too deep into the tutorials but I hope to have time soon enough.
September 11, 2019
Izabela K.
Marketing Director
August 6, 2019

“Overall good tool, but posting needs improving”

Pros - ease of use - value for money - good analytics - can add location on Instagram posts - can schedule Instagram stories - the link in bio feature is very very helpful - I like that you can save captions and hashtags within the tool
Cons - whenever Instagram has any bugs or crashes it's very difficult to reschedule posts, it keeps showing me errors, and there is no option to post it now, so I have to go through my phone and post it manually just so I can get the posts out, and I get this very often which is a great put off, considering I'm using the schedule tool to cut time spent posting...apart from that, I really like it.
Adam H.
Head of IT
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
April 3, 2019

“Good for the price & features”

OverallVery good for the money - things like sprout social have more functionality but much higher pricing. Other similarly priced products have less friendly UIs / aren't as 'smooth'
ProsI like the ease of auto publishing, the media library & saving captions. The mobile app works well & makes it easy to add more media / change the order of posting
ConsIt'd be good to have more analytics / suggestions of best posting time for engagement. It'd also be good to easily post messages across more than one channel without having to rewrite - For example what I post on instagram would work on pinterest too. And finally the mobile app doesn't let you change the media on scheduled posts
April 3, 2019
Amanda M.
VP Operations
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
December 21, 2018

“Great Scheduler”

ProsLater is easy to use & offers a very helpful preview view to make sure your feed looks balanced visually. They are also an approved IG partner which means you can have posts publish automatically. Personally, I prefer to get the push notifications to my phone and publish from there. The saved captions are a huge timesaver as they let you add hashtag groupings at a click.
ConsI don't have any specific complaints directed at Later, but they are held back by the fact that there are certain functions Instagram doesn't allow you to use third party software for. You cannot easily use it to share to Stories, to share stacked images or to reshare content.
December 21, 2018
Danielle R.
Marketing Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
August 22, 2019

“Good if you just want Instagram”

OverallIf you just need Instagram, this is the way to go.
ProsThe reason I like this resource is they focus on Instagram and that is their bread and butter. A lot of schedulers aren't good at uploading video reliably and Later does.
ConsIt just didn't have enough cross-platform functionality for us.
Caleb T.
Photographer
Photography, 1-10 employees
February 18, 2019

“The Best Scheduler For Social”

OverallI love this software and use it everyday. It's feature rich and the support is amazing. They're always adding to features. I do wish they'd address some basic things like searching for instagram users and tagging Facebook users.
ProsLater has the biggest set of features with the most compatibility with social media platforms.
ConsIt's a little confusing to use some of the features. Also it lacks the ability to do some basic things like auto post multiple videos in a slide to Instagram.
February 18, 2019
Emma R.
Marketing Director
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
August 16, 2018

“Great tool for scheduling posts on Instagram!”

OverallThis software is great. I love the calendar view, makes it very visual and therefore easy to schedule our posts on Instagram and Facebook. The media library is excellent - shows which images you've already used or not. I love that you can set it so the posts are uploaded automatically. Their linkin.bio feature is very easy to use - we get a lot of referral traffic from this so we are loving it!
ProsEase of use, can upload lots of images to media library, calendar scheduling function, excellent support team, automatic posts on Instagram. Linkin.bio feature.
ConsNothing specific I can think of at this stage! The pricing is not so bad considering we have multiple team members accessing the same account.
Newspapers, 1001-5000 employees
July 19, 2018

“Later is such a useful tool for scheduling Instagrams, publishing them and seeing how they're doing”

ProsI really like the auto publishing function. It helps keep our accounts current, especially when no one is able to post
ConsNo complaints. I'm actually pretty satisfied right now with this software. They will just need to continue to evolve as the product does.
July 19, 2018
Bill S.
Growth & Content Marketer
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
June 16, 2017

“Very friendly social media management tool”

ProsI like the timeline preview on Instagram, as well as the Linkinbio feature, which is very useful especially for ecommerce accounts. Also the ability to get notifications to post on Instagram is also handy.
ConsThe post planning interface is not very user-friendly. Account switching is weird, it's never clear which social media platform you're managing, and the ability to make one post for multiple accounts at once is missing. Lastly, even though the photo library feature is very useful, I would also like the ability to add/edit/apply photo filters on the photos so they're good to go.
June 16, 2017
Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees
August 28, 2019

“later for multiple images on instagram”

Overallperfect match for instagram, but only with single image postings.
Proseasy to use for planning instagram posts, very good and intuitive layout. posting preview and hashtag library are very well structured and intuitive to use. image correction, especially size and crop ratio are better than anywhere else we have used.
Consmultiple image postings are stressful, do not work every time. we do not always know what we have done wrong.
August 28, 2019
Jack H.
Director / Trainer
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
December 5, 2018

“Easy to use scheduling for Instagram”

OverallAs a small user, Later has been fantastic. I can set a daily post for pretty much an entire month ahead then sit back and relax. The user interface is easy to use. Will be looking in the future to upgrade to the paid accounts as I grow.
ProsAbility to autopost at set times. Can set up to 30 posts on a FREE membership! Easy to use.
ConsWould like to be able to auto-comment on my posts. Autopublishing carousels
December 5, 2018
Madeleine C.
Social Media Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
October 10, 2018

“Later is the Perfect Free Scheduling App!”

OverallI've used the free version of the app at an old job where I scheduled content for clients as well as for a non-profit university organization. The results from the nonprofit have been very helpful. The Later app helps keep current and potential volunteers well-informed and easy to reach.
ProsThe easy ability to schedule posts to Instagram was the biggest appeal of this software to me. Not many scheduling apps offer this feature, let alone for free. I love that it features the ability to create a social calendar for multiple social channels, all of which can be accessed both on a mobile phone and on a desktop computer. I have used both mediums for scheduling and I am very happy with the results.
ConsDespite the ability to post for free, a user must have their mobile device out for the right day and time a post was scheduled. The reason being you have to open the app and then manually post your saved content. For a fee (which I'm sure many brands can afford), the post will publish to Instagram automatically. Although it posts to FB and Twitter automatically, it can be stressful to remember when you need to have your phone near you for the notification to manually post the saved Instagram post.
October 10, 2018
Jamie W.
Coordinator of Production Services and Facilities
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
January 19, 2018

“Later makes it easy to ensure your time-sensitive posts don't miss their window.”

OverallPlanning posts ahead of time saves time and minimizes errors. Later is a great tool for helping give the impression that you're bigger than you are and always there for your customers.
ProsEvent-based posts are all about the timing. Too soon and they forget. Too late and there's no point. Later is the perfect way to make sure your message reaches your audience at the right time. Later lets you create a post and assign it a specific day and time. It really excels at scheduling repetitive posts. You can upload to a media library, which keeps a running tally of how many times you've posted an image. You can even create saved captions for reuse.
ConsThe interface is a little clunky. It's simple and streamlined but perhaps a little too much. Once you get used to it, it's nothing you can't adjust to. Although you can now use Later with several social media platforms, it was originally created for use with Instagram, which is probably why all of your posts have to start with a pic. Makes sense for Instagram; a little frustrating for Twitter. Speaking of twitter, the mobile app is limiting me to 116 characters for my twitter account. The desktop lets me use the full 280.
January 19, 2018
Alex J.
Social Media Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
November 20, 2018

“Makes scheduling for instagram a breeze! ”

ProsThis is the only software I use to manage instagram. They have all the needed functionality, including auto publishing and scheduling multiple photos in a single post.
ConsCan't think of a downside. I use this daily and love it!
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
May 2, 2019

“Practical and very useful”

OverallI am really happy with it, using the free version it is pretty limited but if you need the platform for scheduling posts it is great! You can schedule several social networks in only one place with a few clicks. It does solve a lot in only one platform!
ProsI mainly use the Calendar Feature for scheduling posts in different social networks. I love it! It is pretty easy to visualize your future posts in a chart that shows a pretty useful timeline and it is divided per week or month. Also, you have your own Media Library where you can search for images depending on if they were used or not, and other filters. It may also be connected to Dropboxor Drive, it has ALL the options you may need!
ConsSo far I can only say I am disappointed with the *Preview* feature. It is really useful to be able to see how the Instagram profile will look like, but (at least in laptop) it shows really small. It may be the real size of a phone screen but it would be amazing if there was an option to zoom or choose the size you want. This way it will be easier to check some details of the pictures and the overall design.
May 2, 2019
Marjan J.
Director of Operations
March 20, 2018

“Great little App ”

ProsIt works really well for us. We don't need to be posting on a daily basis so the free version works wonderfully for our business. Very easy to use and easy to set up. Beautiful interface and intuitive.
ConsI wish the Later app itself was able to post the content. What it does, is send a notification and then you have open the post in Instagram and post there manually. This extra step is the only inconvenient thing about this app.
March 20, 2018
Julie B.
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
October 15, 2019

“Super helpful in managing social media posts in Instagram and Facebook”

OverallI've only recently uploaded 'Later' so my experience is limited, but so far I love it. My impatience to get going cost me (see cons), but now that I'm making time to watch the tutorials I'm excited to get my social media in place. 'Later' is exactly what I needed to get unstuck and get moving.
ProsWhen it comes to auto-posting to social media, 'Later' delivers. In addition, 'Later's' drag-and-drop features, which collects my posts and lets me neatly schedule them in the calendar, makes social media management a snap. The support and tutorials are very good.
ConsThere's a bit of a learning curve in one area I think should be clearer. I dragged a post into the calendar for a later time (I thought) for [today]. I noticed the time window in the pop-up, where you add captions, etc., was set to [current time]. It didn't occur to me to change that time to POST time because I assumed dragging to the time slot on the calendar had done that. So the post went out immediately instead of later. Worse, I hadn't added hashtags (major oversight) and couldn't edit the text.
Teya B.
Teacher: Digital Illustration
Arts and Crafts, 51-200 employees
August 6, 2019

“Lovely and easy to use”

OverallI used the app briefly. It is very pretty and easy to use, but I prefer more affordable apps.
ProsI love how Later is very easy to use and easy on the eye. It has all the functionality a startup blogger needs and it's free. The option to schedule directly in a calendar and see how your Instagram posts will look is great!
ConsThe limitations for only 1 profile per social media in the free version really stopped me from using them. I have 2 profiles in Instagram and I can find much more affordable solutions than paying 19 per month. I also did have some problems with posts that were not published at all in the scheduled time. They didn't notify me and I saw it a few days later which was awful.
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
April 10, 2019

“Great for Advertising Campaigns on Social Media”

OverallGreat for advertising/marketing; it takes some work out of the equation so there is less to keep up with. The app works great. Later have a lot of free webinars to give tips on marketing and helping businesses reach their goals.
ProsI like that I can set up posts in advance, and schedule them for future times. The software automatically posts for me at the scheduled times, and the app gives me notifications. The software keeps an archive of all past posts, and pictures that I have used before.
ConsLater doesn't have all the same features as social media platforms, so posting directly from Instagram would give you more options for you can include in your posts. For example, tagging locations, tagging people, hashtags, etc. are not all included in the software. Updates on Instagram, with new features, are not going to be included on Later. Lack of features is a trade off for convenience.
April 10, 2019
Kendall C.
VISTA
Education Management, 51-200 employees

“No Support”

OverallFor some reason Later said I don't have admin rights to the Facebook and Instagram page (even though I do). When I tried to reconnect the accounts Later kept running into issues saying that I'm not an admin and cannot reconnect the accounts. Again, I am an admin, and I'm the one who set up Later for these accounts. I tried reaching out to support, but got no response. The ONLY way to contact the support department is through messaging on their website. There is no support email or official support ticket system. I tried to log in to my account after the weekend to see the status of my support question and now Later is not even letting me log in because "my account doesn't have Instagram login credentials" EVEN THOUGH that's how the account was set up. I sent another support ticket, but have still not heard back. It looks like I no longer have access to my own accounts, and Later seems to be doing nothing about it. Overall the app is nice and easy to use, but the lack of support and near constant problems make it not worth the effort at all. Don't use this app.
ProsHonestly, this is a very easy to use product and really convenient for brands. I like the content library and the simple scheduling tools.
ConsThere is really no support. At all. No email, not official process to make a support ticket claim. If you need help, you're not going to get it.
November 20, 2018

“One of the best Instagram tools ”

OverallAs a social media manager, there's nothing more important than having a good post planning tool. Later has been a great asset in managing accounts and providing Instagram trainings.
ProsLater's visual planner is a huge asset in trying to manage Instagram for clients, and keeping a cohesive visual style. Additionally, the Later blog is such a great resource for all things Instagram marketing (tips, tricks, updates). It's easily my favorite social media blog.
ConsI have no issues with the Later app. I typically use Planoly more frequently because that is what I learned to use first, but Later is a great option as well. I know many social media managers who prefer Later.
Internet, Unspecified
February 15, 2018

“Great alternative to Hootsuite”

ProsFree to use for 30 posts per month (2 accounts). Extremely easy to use, drag-and-drop interface with minimal learning curve.
ConsLimited functionality with the free version. Still doesn't have automatic posting to Instagram, while Hootsuite does. Can't add emojis to scheduled posts on computer.
February 15, 2018
Justin R.
Social Media Marketing Specialist
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
August 1, 2019

“Great for Instagram Posts!”

OverallI enjoy this program and would recommend it to anyone who has to schedule IG posts out in advance.
ProsExtremely easy to use and I like the vertical daily display of scheduled posts.
ConsThere seems to be the occasional issue of profiles getting disconnected for no reason.
August 1, 2019
Breanna B.
Volunteer
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees
April 18, 2019

“Later Rewview ”

ProsI liked being able to see what a post looks like on your feed as a whole before the post is actually posted, as well as being able to have spaces between sentences.
ConsI struggled with it saying it posted to my Instagram at a scheduled time, when it never actually did. I think this had to do with a password update, but would have been nice if it just popped up and told me to update my password rather than it going through with everything and not working.
April 18, 2019
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
April 1, 2019

“All Around Great Tool for Social Media Marketing”

OverallI would recommend this app to anyone that is serious about their social media marketing strategy.
ProsI like that you can store your media and move it around to visually plan your instagram aesthetic. The link.in.bio tools makes it useful to guide followers to check the link in your bio. Also, for instagram stores and ecommerce stores, the shoppable links are awesome to be able to plan and not have to worry about later. Their website and blog also has a lot of valuable content and information for all social media marketers.
ConsHonestly, I am happy with Later overall. I wish that you could auto-post scheduled stories.
April 1, 2019
February 8, 2019

“Overall, very happy”

OverallI'd recommend this. Instagram doesn't exactly make it easy to send traffic to your website, so I think a tool like Later is really helpful. Instagram isn't just about sharing pretty pictures. It needs to drive conversions. Later is great for this.
ProsI really like Later. The insights are helpful, the tool is simple to use, and it really does help increase traffic that you send to your web pages from Instagram. It's a more sophisticated version of tools like Hootsuite.
ConsOne of the features doesn't work -- adding the location to a post that you're scheduling out. When the post goes live, the location isn't there. Honestly, that's the only problem I've had.
February 8, 2019
Photography, Self-employed
November 26, 2018

“Great tool for managing and scheduling social media posts”

OverallBeing able to post content without having to do so manually at the precise time I want to share it, opens up when I can share things, which has been huge for helping create consistent content and building up my audience.
ProsThis is the first software I found that let me schedule Instagram posts successfully. It also has a very clean, pleasing interface and great way to help you visualize the content you are sharing. A lot of other options promise the ability to schedule posts, but really only let you plan out what you'll share without the software actually posting it on its own. This is a huge game changer for me, enabling me to share content more freely and strategically.
ConsThe only issue I've had is with cropping images that aren't square. Sometimes it provides an error message about the crop ratio but I will have a difficult time finding a crop that works, having to take more of a trial and error approach. Other than that minor issue, I have loved everything about Later!
November 26, 2018
Craige Hardel -.
August 26, 2019

“Instagram and Facebook scheduler we should be using”

OverallReally convenient to use and make managing Instagram easier
ProsReally good interface and makes scheduling easy The mobile app is well designed and allow me to most of what I can do on the web
ConsIt's good for Instagram but I don't quite like it for pinterest and facebook I don't like their 100 posts per month model, they should have just make fewer platforms but limited
August 26, 2019
Katie C.
Sports, 1-10 employees

“Awesome free version! ”

OverallI run a small business so having the free version is clutch. I have considered going to the paid version but it's a little too pricey for me.
ProsI use the free version and can schedule up to 20+ posts per month. The auto feature means I can set up weeks of posts, set the time it goes live and hit save knowing Later will schedule all my posts.
ConsCan't do video or insta stories in free version.