Storypark Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.7/5

About Storypark

Support each child's life-long learning journey by sharing photos, videos, observations and plans to support development in your own private learning community. Encourage more thoughtful, responses that nurture each child's unique strengths and interests. Storypark is designed with the guidance of world-leading experts in early childhood, and is preferred supplier to leading early childhood organisations in 23 countries. Learn more about Storypark

Christine H.
teacher
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees

“Storypark.”

OverallI have written above all the benefits for us. Great software for us I love it. I am from the UK and know what it feels like to miss grandchildren so for these families it is a lifesaver and keeps them connected. We have had on family view a story 50 something times as they watch it over and over.
ProsThis software has been an absolute asset to our teaching, we take spontaneous stories every day and make sure our 60 children have at least one story each per week. most often they have more. We are then able to do our planning from this and follow the children's interest so that we can support their learning. This software is also amazing for our families overseas who have grandchildren/children and really lets them become involved by commenting on stories, this way we can get involved with the whole family, when they visit from overseas we feel that we know them already. The software is also great to let our children have a go and actually take their friends or interview them. This helps with self esteem and confidence. Our shy introverted children can be left alone to say their words without anybody listening, we have found that this has helped with speech and language as the children can see and hear themselves. They absolutely like seeing themselves and what they are doing. Storypark has also been good for observations for children who are neuro diverse so that we can share videos, photos with family and outside agencies if families have agreed. I have also personally used storypark for my appraisal and to create a room for our children with a neuro diverse needs so that families can join in the conversation as we add different topics. I really am enjoying this software and am finding different things to open all the time. Thankyou.
ConsI don't have much that I don't like, I think we could have a language translator so that we can write in different languages to our families abroad. But that might be too hard. Other than that no can't think of anything.
melissa c.
Team leader, Within school Col, Teacher
April 3, 2019

“Using Storypark in the primary school sector”

OverallI really love Storypark and I think it has huge potential to support more innovative and responsive teaching as students move through educational settings. Please contact me if you would like anymore information
ProsIt is an awesome tool to share learning with home and with a child's next teacher, the pictures and videos are easy to upload and a great way to show learning, especially for our non-english speakers. It is a brilliant way to show learning pathways over time. It supports transition from ECE into primary really well. It provides valuable feedback from parents through comments. The tabs enable us to monitor progress on the literacy and numeracy progressions in a more responsive way. The planning tools allow us to show learning over time in reading, writing and maths.
ConsOur use of Storypark would be hugely improved by two things... -If the children could have their own log in to their account -we are using it for years 0-6, the older children and their families would benefit hugely if the children themselves could log into the account and post about their learning. We currently do this as much as we can but the children must post under the teachers log-in which is not ideal. -If you could use the reporting section differently - we use the tabs to show progress along the literacy and numeracy progressions ie. if the have a tab they can do that thing. If we could pull up which children in a class/group do not have a particular tab we could then provide targeted teaching to that particular group. These two things would REALLY enhance the use of this tool
Kylee R.
Centre Director
Education Management, 5001-10,000 employees
April 2, 2019

“Fantastic Tool for educators and families”

OverallMy over all experience as a director, parent and teacher using this tool has been incredible. I would feel lost without it because it adds so much to our ability to record, share and progress children's learning. Also beyond that as a parent having this to always look back on is so precious.
ProsWhat's not to like Storypark is such a fantastic tool being able to capture the child's own voice in their learning through video, photo, voice recording and pics of their art work. This tool makes it possible to document all we need to show a child's learning journey. another key feature I love is being able to communicate with families and share knowledge about the child meaning parents can easily be involved in shaping their child's education. The fact that extended family can also be involved means children are even more connected with families and we can share and celebrate with the wider family of a child. As a centre director I value that all our documentation can be done in one place from meetings, QIP, planning to mentoring staff.
ConsI have only had a couple of frustrations with using the tool and more so around functions I like from such things as Microsoft word. for example if you accidently delete your text you cannot go back to recover it and copying and pasting is not always that easy. The only other issue we have experienced has been some content that had been published, shared and commented on by parents has disappeared.
Brie A.
Head Teacher Infants and Toddlers
E-Learning, 1001-5000 employees
April 30, 2019

“StoryPark Review - BestStart Leeds St”

OverallOverall, our experience is pretty good. StoryPark is a great tool for our centre and our families love having access to it.
ProsThe connections it forms between extended and immediate families with our centre. It is a valuable resource for sharing children's learning with whanau who live overseas or out of town. The ability to make announcements to whole rooms/the centre. Generally easy to use.
ConsI find moving the photos around really fiddly and at times quite difficult and frustrating. There should be more printing options with arranging photos i.e able to have a couple of big feature photos at the beginning of the story and then the rest small, as we are looking at being more sustainable with our printed hard copies of stories in children's folders. Otherwise, if you use the option of having the photos small and at one side and the story is over one page in length you end up with several printed pages that are mostly blank apart from the strip of pictures down the side, for example, and then we have to cut them out and stick them down which is time consuming. Also, majority of our teachers don't want to use the option of printing all the pictures small as the hard copies are for the children to revisit their learning and this is difficult when the pictures are so small.
April 30, 2019
Carrie-Lynne G.
RECE
Higher Education, 51-200 employees

“Making learning visible”

OverallIt has been an amazing tool brought to the field of early childhood. Both for educators and families. Having this type on on line documentation, it captures and records amazing moments of learning and it is able to grow and adapt with each child for their whole life. It is like bringing a photo album to the digital world and breathing life into it. More than just photos, it has captured moments in stories.
ProsI like that it enhances parent/educator communication. I have been in child care for over 25 years and have seen many changes. With our ever increasing busy lives and fast paced world we live in, maintaining good communication between educator and families is increasingly more important. With this online documentation, we are able to capture and highlight those special learning moments a child has during the day and on posting the documentation, the parent feels more connected and part of the moment, sharing in it with the Educator. It assists in facilitating a sense of belonging for the families.
ConsThe format has changed a few times since beginning, so there can be frequent learning curves. It does not work well with safari, so had to switch to chrome for ease of use. I will say the staff have been amazing with swift responses for any questions that have arisen.
Heather F.
Early Childhood Teacher & Educational Leader
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
April 3, 2019

“Review by early Childhhod Teacher”

OverallI really love Story park, i would like to have the ability to download the full app on my Note 10 (phone) I have to open a desktop version to use all the features when I am at home. Great support when needed and I am finding our less confident educators are using our SP more recently :) Good Job!!
ProsI really love the ability to connect and share information, learning and special moments of the teaching and learning in my preschool setting. I really love using video and ability for families to share their at home experiences with us educators to maintain our collaborative curriculum.
ConsI really feel I waste so much time tagging children! I strongly suggest you look into adding face recognition software like FB...it is really painful as I have 50 children and basically post a minimum four posts a month and two daily posts, plus all additional posting I do. I will often miss children, last year I broke them into groups..but honestly there are too many small group sets to do that this year! FACE RECOGNITION WOULD BE AMAZING!!! I also would like to suggest the option to write learning stories collaboratively with other educators, I like to push the envelope when it comes to documentation. There have been so many opportunities lost where two educators could have contributed to the same story with their own different perceptions!
Michelle M.

“Storypark ”

OverallFamilies, children and educators at Scallywags have had a very positive experience using Storypark. Children like to watch and look at the pictures/videos that have been taken, often recalling experiences. Parents and families enjoy seeing their children having fun and being engaged at Scallywags while they are working, especially when they first start. Family members who are in another state and/or country can receive the stories also when invited to by parents. Educators are enjoying their programming time and achieving outcomes that were previously unreachable. So for Scallywags Childcare Centre Storypark is a very positive experience by all.
ProsStorypark enables the educators to communicate with the parents re their child's daily interaction and learning whilst in care. All programming is now completed using Storypark and it was great hearing the feed back from the Assessment and Rating assessor that she could see the programming cycle so clearly because of Storypark, the educators are able to link observations, stories, plus families are also able to see and have input into the programs
ConsI don't really like the fact that stories can be edited and plans don't require to be approved by admin.
Celia F.
April 2, 2019

“Bringing Our Learning Together for Tamariki, Parents, Whanau and Kaiako”

OverallWe love using Storypark but as individuals and as a team. Our whanau are able to comment instantly and it has improved our ability to seek feedback for this reason. Parents can access their child's learning all day, every day and share with extended family.
ProsIt has so much potential that we are still needing to explore. It is instant and we are connected to our families directly through Storypark. It also allows us as Kaiako to link our planning and reflections to our children and to our own learning as kaiako. We can record so many aspects of our Centre and how we work within Storypark. It's training element in form of webinars and workshops can also enable us as teachers to further our own knowledge about our role as teachers.
ConsI still have been unable to add macrons to my writing within Storypark. I also would like to be able to save content in Child Notes prior to posting it. It can be a work in progress but then I can't save it to return to later. I also wish that the stories could be customised a bit more and so I find myself preparing them in Publisher and then posting them as a PDF.
Angela T.
In-Home Educator
April 2, 2019

“Just what I needed all along”

OverallIt has been so amazing, could never go back to what I was doing before which was extremely time consuming and I could never get it up-to-date, now I am getting stories off once the children leave care and even throughout the day for real-time updates, families know exactly what we have been doing and with the photos and videos to reassure them that their children are happy, learning and having so much fun while in care and parents can provide consistency for the children between home and care. Storypark has benefited everyone involved. The children in care even act out using storypark in their pretend play as so much a part of our lives.
ProsStorypark has been so amazing, makes writing my stories so much easier and can streamline so much of my paperwork through it. It improves communication with the families, with all of the families of the children in my care loving it, particularly the grandparents who do not get to see the children often as keeps them in the loop. Makes linking to Te Whariki so much easier as well as meeting so many other regulations and requirements as well.
ConsWhenever there is an issue or problem the customer support team have been quick to help so no issues.
Kelly M.
assistant head teacher

“the best thing ever”

Overallits made learning and assessment very easy for all staff as it can cater for all different levels and experiences - having story park has given us more communication with our parents then we would have got in the past and its quite exciting reading the comments and making the connection - it also is a great tool to show parents who may be feeling at bit anxious that we can post things to show their child is engaging and it helps them to have a better day.
Prosthat our parents have more knowledge about their childs learning and also what happens during the day at our centre, the instant learning and being in the moment is so much more vital and meaningful. The fact that parents can share the technology with their children and extended family. That is anything happens to the computer, its not all work lost - its nice to have things saved instantly in storypark
Consthat there are things that we can not change at our end - some of our parents struggle with technology and not having the internet and trying to change something or get it up and running is hard when there are lack of things we can do at our end once the parent has excepted the invite.
Clair F.
April 6, 2019

“Whnau engagement”

OverallLove it! Has been easy to get used to, although I do use it everyday. I think the planning side takes a bit of getting used to, but adding stories is simple and fun. It has enabled us to reach out to more families and have them engaged in their child's progress and learning.
ProsIt is accessible to more family members, especially those that are busy who we don't get the opportunity to converse with regularly. Using storypark, they are able to contribute to their child's learning by adding their own stories or adding comments. It's a great way to start a conversation with family as a way to support their child's learning.
ConsI understand that Storypark is progressive and is always improving with feedback from users. Most of the feedback I receive from other kaiako is around the photo sizes and not being able to shift items in a story around like you would on, say, Publisher. I have become used to it now, although when a story is printed and on the last page there's sjust the date and learning tag, when there has been ample room on the previous page to include this, that's frustrating.
April 6, 2019
Sue O.
Teacher in Charge of Tamatoa

“Storypark_Review”

OverallI've found it a wonderful way to store all information on each child in a safe and secure way. It's easy to use straight from my phone with the app e.g. if I take a photo as evidence of learning, I can transfer it straight to a story on my phone.
ProsEasy to add photos and videos to celebrate and record student successes. Great for staff and visiting specialists to share information and see what each other are working on. All student records are in rooms and easily searchable - clinical notes etc. A good place to record evidence of progress on IEP goals and SPEC modules. Provides a lasting record students and their whanau can look back on after the student has left college. A great way for wider family and friends to see what students are learning. I put all notices home on Storypark in 'Community', so no notices get 'lost' and people can revisit the notices.
ConsI wish we could add learning tags to more than just stories e.g. to conversations. Could we please have the option to change 'child', 'children', as our students are 13-21 years of age.
Gayle G.
Higher Education, 1-10 employees
April 3, 2019

“Using Storypark from a Early childhood teachers perspectives.”

OverallOverall I love it, I love how it is free for parents to continue to use once they leave kindergarten and I love how parents are able to contribute to their child's learning.
ProsI like that the product is fairly user friendly especially going from the internet. I love how I can upload videos for the parents to witness what their child is saying and doing, video is much better than a photo to tell a story, however I will add photos also.
ConsThe picture are easy to upload, however you can not do anything else with them apart from putting them straight up. I know another program we used to use allowed us to put the picture onto an angle and with stars around them etc. Not very happy with using the app as sometimes the picture just don't go up, however I just don't use it as often as I do going through the internet. As we are using tablet and windows computer, I struggle to be able to move pictures from one story to another. The photos go black and I have tried getting help a couple of times, not sure what I am doing wrong there.
Tracey R.
Educational Leader
April 2, 2019

“My Journey with Storypark.”

OverallI have realized by using Storypark we are seeing a massive level of engagement with our families and Staff, this takes the stress out of programming and our time management skills has also improved in relation to time off the floor, which means more quality time for children and those all important interactions.
ProsThis app is fantastic it allows you to program ,plan and track your children all within the same app. You also can interacting daily with parents and family members which allows that all important collaboration between Educators and Families to naturally happen, while maintaining that all important confidentially. You can also add planning notes and conversations with Staff and even do your QIP. This app also allows for various levels of staffing and qualification to confidently use this app. Great tool for Assessment and Rating with all your information accessible in one click.
ConsIt would be great if Storypark could allow some more administrative type features so you could use this as a sole app for your service.
Karen B.
Executive Director

“Love Storypark!!”

OverallAs mentioned in the pros section it has solved the communication problems that we had as a daycare organization. It is also has become a big selling point to potential and existing parents to have this two way communication. And Storypark also ties really well with the "How does learning Happen?" pedagogy that is now mandatory in all lcensed Child Care centers. In summary it has helped our organization with Education, licensing, Marketing and Communication.
ProsThe Storypark software enables me to quickly send newsletter, announcements and reminders to all the Daycare parents at once. We also used it to send an emergency Daycare closure announcement due to bad weather. It was sent at 8:00 pm and all parents confirmed receipt of the announcement which gave me peace of mind. The parents also use it to let me know if their child is sick or to send any other announcements to the administration. It is also useful for me to check in on the children's progress and to ensure that the teacher's are sending regular updates to the parents and providing age appropriate emergent programming for every child in their group.
ConsI do not have any complaints about the software and the parents and the teachers have not complained about the software to me. Earlier on when we were learning how to use the software and we had questions or concerns the support team would respond quickly and efficiently.
Poonam W.
Kinder teacher
April 11, 2019

“Sharing skills with others”

OverallI love this app and would like to make others feel comfortable with this, once you are on this app, you will become very confident and easily approachable
Pros* best way to communicate with others *Exchange ideas or children learning skills with families * Receiving ongoing support from others, regular valuable suggestions and feedback from families and educators * Easy app for everyone to access anytime of the day * I love this app and I believe this the best way to develop our professional skills before 2020. * Sustainable approach to save paper copies and you can keep a record of your child learning
Cons* with the group stories, if you publish something, I don't like someone to save photos * We do use permissions before publishing but still don't want anyone to save others photos on their phones. * Some families can't access it because of no internet connection about we print the copies for them.
Monie P.
Release Teacher

“Great to use”

ProsIt is easy to write your stories on story park easy to follow format but you can also import your stories from other formats if that is what you want to do. I like that I can keep track of the stories I have written and posted on story park and the reports help me to determine who I need to write for. I also like the portfolio part where I can keep my evidence ect for appraisals. Being able to have discussions with the families and share their stories as well is so great and the parents really appreciate being able to access their child's learning. Community notices and discussions is another great tool to use this helps you to promote the centre and what is going on and the happenings for the community.
ConsOnly one thing is that it sometimes takes a long time to download a video to share with families or as a learning story
Louise T.

OverallAs above
ProsThe one aspect that we have really loved is the fact that parents get instant notice of stories/messages and can respond accordingly. We use the Community Post option for all of our notices/newsletters etc so I know that no-one gets missed out. We also use the most of the Planning Forms. I like the way we are able to adapt the forms to suit our needs. Meeting minutes are also taken on Storypark. It is our "one stop shop" with everything all in the same place. It has also limited our paper use immensely.
ConsFrom what I understand from colleagues who use other services Storypark lacks a few of the "extra" services for editing and formatting. I also personally find editing a story difficult, such as changing the font and the limited number of fonts and colours available. Also when I need support I usually have to wait 1-2 hours for a response.
Linda H.

“Storypark”

OverallSince using Storypark in our centre we are finding parents are giving us feedback and commenting on the stories posted. We have found it a great way to share our Quality Improvement Plan with all educators and parents. All educators are able to see our plan and contribute.
ProsGreat way to share information/ child's development with parents and other educators within the service. It's an easy and convenient way for families to give feedback and share activities they have done on weekends or on holidays. Planning section has been very useful. We are using this section for class room goals, individual goals as well as our QIP.
ConsSoftware doesn't give enough options when typing in stories. You are unable to change the size of the font( or if there is its not easily found). There is a button that you can use to change the colour of what you are entering but it doesn't work. It doesn't allow you to underline words if needed.
Donna R.
Head Teacher

“A great tool”

OverallStorypark enables our team to communicate with parents, minimise waste by uploading newsletters and notices instead of printing them out, document children learning journeys and share research in order to ensure we are supporting each child's learning as required.
ProsStorypark is a great way to keep in contact with your education team - sharing ideas, messages and important information when you don't have time to catch everyone face to face It is a fabulous tool for communicating with parents - we are able to ensure parents see what their child is up to while at Kindergarten, which helps ease parent anxiety and makes them feel included in our events.
ConsI'd like to see the addition of a few other reporting options. Occasionally when parents have multiple children on Storypark they cannot accept the second child's invitation or when they do so, the child combines with their sibling meaning they do not have individual portfolios.
Maria R.
Childcare Director

“We love Storypark”

OverallWe all love Storypark and I don't know how I'd cope without it now! Keep up the good work guys!
ProsI love that all information can be shared by not only our families but within the centre as well. It's a great tool for shared planning and documentation. Families find it easy to use and really enjoy the photos and videos we post. I would say that the educators use this to track learning and documentation while our families enjoy the visual presentations more. I have had wonderful experiences with staff when I've needed support and have found their responses fast and extremely helpful.
ConsI would love to see children's names as links to their portfolio page. This would be so handy. I would also love to be able to link family input to a story that I have written. I link child notes to stories all the time but would love this to be more obvious to families.
Amanda R.
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 employees
April 11, 2019

“Storypark a great tool for Teachers ”

ProsStorypark is a great tool for teachers to communicate to parents how their child is progressing at school. From socially and emotionally to educational goals, parents can see how their child is acheiving. In our world where everything is instant, Storypark provides a great way of parents feeling involved and update on their child's schooling. Parents love watching videos of their child sharing their news or retelling stories. Storypark is a great tool and easy for teachers to use. With links to the Australian curriculum parents can see evidence of their children's learning, whilst teachers can keep track of the outcomes they are assessing. I love that I can use Storypark on my mobile device as well as on my personal computer. Storypark in our school has replaced our portfolios. I would recommend Storypark to all early childhood educators.
ConsI like to use Storypark on my mobile device, not all features are present for example editing and duplicating.
Georgina W.
Early Childhoon Teacher
Education Management, 5001-10,000 employees
April 3, 2019

“Storypark is great, But....”

ProsI really like the way that is set up for our families to give us instance feed back when we publish a learning story for their child. I like the templates that are available for our teaching team to do our planning from and for us to document and record all the learning stories we are doing and the links that they have to one another. I like the way that we can duplicate a learning story as lets face it is a huge time saver.
ConsI really struggle with the lack of ways that I can beautify or add extra styles to my learning stories. It may just be that I am so use to Comic life and Strip Design programmes. I just find the selection of page designs a little limiting for me personally. I sometimes find the Storypark App to be not as developed as the wedsite version. Again especially when I want to glitze up my story.
Sharyne K.
Centre Administrator
April 2, 2019

“Great Option for Families”

OverallIt's been great so far. I could not answer customer service or value for money as this is all dealt with through our head office but on the positive I haven't had to contact customer service and we have had Storypark since it started.
ProsIt's great to be able to keep our families up to date; families can then invite whoever they wish to keep inform of their child's time. I use storypark as a staff member but also had it for 2 children so was great from a parent perspective also. Stories can be viewed as soon as they are posted so families can see daily updates of what their children are up to
ConsNot as easy to situate photos in stories & printing doesn't always align but to be fair I don't write many learning stories etc so it could just be me. I mainly do community posts but I did pop a few learning stories up as a parent but I did do them on word or publisher 1st and then upload them
Margaret W.
EC teacher
Education Management, 501-1000 employees

“EC teacher”

OverallGreat way to show programming and evidence of learning. Great way to communicate with families & almost all the families enjoy looking at the stories. It provide a good starting point for families to communicate with their children. E.g. If you ask a child what they have done they will usually say "I say played," but with Storypark you know what they did and can ask questions based on what you have seen on Storypark, such as "I believe you did an experiment in group time, what happened?" and this can lead to great discussions. It saves paper. The children love to see pictures of themselves. It is a great keepsake for families.
ProsGreat for programming and communicating with families
ConsI love Storypark, but feel there should be a quicker way to link things up. E.g. When I do a follow up I then need to go into the child's file and then their notes and then attached the follow-up to their goal. Then I need to go into that week's program and attach my follow-up
Wendy W.
E-Learning, 501-1000 employees

“Storypark for Families”

OverallThe learning story side of Storypark I love. It enables communication with families who you normally don't see and enables conversations about what their child is doing. It makes writing stories easier and using videos as well as photos shows a more realistic view of what is happening.
ProsI like that it is easy to use even for those not expert on computers. The help line replies quickly and is very helpful. It is such a great tool for sharing with families. The learning tags are a good way to show learning without having to write large amounts. Being able to share videos is an amazingly powerful tool. It is good for sending out reminders and notifications to families.
ConsOn a day to day level not being able to change the order of photos although this is minor and I only occasionally I find it frustrating. Some aspects of the planning but think this is more a user understanding problem than a software problem and involves me doing more homework.
Leah W.
Special Needs Teacher
April 12, 2019

“Storypark for Special Needs Students ”

OverallA team approach is crucial when supporting high special needs students. Storypark allows us to collaborate regularly with Dolci's parents, family, friends, and external therapists. We can see exactly where she is in her learning journey and what she is doing to achieve the learning targets in her ILP. Storypark enables Dolci to develop and consolidate new skills by reflecting on her learning stories, which she loves!! It provides Dolci with a wonderful platform to communicate her school experiences and her Mum tells us it's the first thing she asks for when she gets home!!
ProsIt's incredibly easy to use!! The layout is simple and looks great. Easy to attach learning targets.
ConsI like everything about this program. I've used other digital journaling software but this is by far the most user friendly. My special needs students can navigate it too!
Kelly C.
Child Care Educator
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

“Love Storypark !”

OverallStorypark is user friendly, easy to log on and off. It is appropriate for all staff at our service as well as parents and management to use. Its a easy way to document our observations, our goals, our daily events, photos and share ideas . We find it faster and a more accurate way of sharing information.
ProsThat we are able to upload photos and videos with ease. Its user friendly we can log on and use it in the child care room as well as in the office or at home. Parents are able to view their childs day from their home or office as soon as we upload information and photos. Its an easy way to share information. the support staff are helpful and return messages the same day. We are continuing to learn more about the many features as we use it more.
ConsMy only issue so far and its a very small one i would like the option to duplicate my drafts before uploading them. Everything else seems to be working fine at present.
Angie M.
Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1000 employees
April 18, 2019

“Early childhood”

OverallI like story park it is easy to navigate and post information, centre reviews and stories for families and community. At the start of review they wanted an industry chosen. There was no option for Early Childhood/ Kindergarten so I had to choose primary. Why is ECE mot there when we are the biggest users of Storypark
ProsQuick and easy to use Families gave easy access to learning stories and centre happenings even when they are unable to come into centre. Families can share with extended family overseas Learning tags and plans make it easier to track childrens and teachers process
ConsNot being able to keep stories set up with uniform size photos and when printing If you change the set up to print it often alters your story set up style and spoils presentation. Being able to write stories with a nice background or border would enhance presentations rather than gavind to do stories on word or power point then converting to pdf to upload can be time consuming Not having an undo button when you accidentally delete a paragraph instead of saving it frustrating to gave to rewrite
April 18, 2019
Lesley H.
Child Care Consultant-Social Media Specialist
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees
April 12, 2019

“Chilcare Consultant who actively uses Storypark”

OverallMy overall experience with Storypark thus far has been great! I use it in many different facets and so far it has been quite easy to use. Our agency is part of the Curriculum framework pilot project (Flight) here in Alberta and this app has supported us in helping our educators make learning visible.
ProsAs a childcare consultant through a licensed, accredited dayhome agency, I actively use Storypark and set my dayhome educators up with the program so that they can have a central site to share photos and learning tags with all of their parents and designated consultant. I am also a parent with a child in one of our dayhomes and I love to see pictures of what my child is doing in his dayhome.
ConsWe are currently having issues uploading our responsive program plans onto the site and app and that is something our dayhome educators are very interested in doing. I believe we are working with someone on this however.
Anna W.
April 4, 2019

“Storypark”

OverallLinking children's learning goals to stories. Providing a forum to parents for communications between teachers, groups of parents and the individual.
ProsIts easy to use and understand and if there is something you don't understand its a phone call or email away to get help and support. Its an easy form of parent communication from teachers about whole group events or the individual child.
ConsSome things come up as you use it... It would be good to have a 'like' button and to be able to duplicate a child for both parents of a seperated family or a family that seperates while you have already had the child for a long time. We write individual plans for children and for some reason the parents are unable to see these?
April 4, 2019
Janine K.
Team Leader, Over Twos
April 3, 2019

“Storypark has changed our parent feedback”

OverallSee above
ProsSince beginning to write all our centre children's portfolios on Storypark we have seen a huge increase in parents and whanau commenting on the children's learning experiences. Our parents find the programme easy to use as they can have the app on their phone. Its easy for them to log in and see the new stories that are written, even while they are at work. We have some families who come from overseas, or have whanau in other parts of New Zealand. Storypark allows these extended family members to be part of the child's learning and have up-to-date knowledge of whats happening for the child whilst at daycare. When these family members visit the child they often want to come in to daycare as they feel part of the centre community already. Storypark has definitely improved our relationship with the families in our centre.
ConsWould love there to be more options to make the presentation more "fancy" For example add boarders, creative fonts, place pictures on angles etc. Whilst I realise you can upload a PDF from Publisher or Word it would be nice to not have to double-up... being able to do this direct on SP would help.
Gail P.
Kaiarataki|Professional leader

“Storypark review”

OverallOverall our experience has been very positive. The biggest problem seems to be with those who struggle generally with technology.... getting them to embed the process can be challenging
ProsI find Storypark easy to use and the support offered is invaluable. A fantastic platform to record children's learning journeys and connect with families. I like the planning tools and options for storing teacher information.
ConsThere are some limitations around ease of use for appraisal, i.e. My Portfolio function. Teachers would like to be able to write stories for other teachers and group their appraisal information together in an easier format. Planning - it concerns me that plans or cells can be deleted accidentally
Antonia C.
Early Childhood Operations Manager
April 3, 2019

“Taonga's Review of Storypark”

OverallUsing Storypark has made an enormous difference to our organisation; for our children and their parents; for our teachers in their own learning and in support of their reflections; great for middle management to utilise all the features as part of their leadership requirements and follow through requirements; great for me as the operations manager to see overall what is going on (or not going on) through out the Centres.
ProsUser friendly for all concerned/interactive for teachers, parents and management; data/report capabilities; meeting forms; prompts - love the prompts; love the blogs, which I use often for inspiration and for workshops and reflections;
ConsI don't think I dislike anything really; it's not FB but its comparable for what it provides for us.
Emily L.
RECE
April 3, 2019

“Why Storypark Is Amazing”

OverallStorypark is great to have as a way of documenting the children's activities throughout the day. These pictures and videos will always be available to parents. It creates such nice memories. It is also helpful when parents are first integrating their child into our program. It reassures them that they are participating and they are having fun.
ProsStorypark allows us to have a greater connection with our families. We can quickly provide screenshots of their child in action - while documentating their growth! It's also great to use as a form of communication - reminders about closures, extra items needed or a simple message to an inquiry they may have.
ConsI wish there were a few more options added to the stories, such as creating a poll.
Jodie E.
Educational Leader
April 2, 2019

“Storypark great for making memories ”

OverallOther than previous comments I have no other issues with this program, I enjoy using it and can only see positive outcomes for everyone when using it. I look forward to any all Improvements they make as they are very good in taking in our comments
ProsIt is so easy to use, our families love especially the extended families internationally
ConsAs the Educational Leader, I use Storypark extensively for reviewing and monitoring and mentoring the Educators. I would appreciate a better search application to allow me to look for specific conversations/community post to make it easier for me. In another note when ever I have a question/suggestion they are very responsive and are always looking for ways to improve the program.
Sarah H.
Senior Education Advisor
April 2, 2019

“Performance Management - Appraisal”

OverallWe are about to move into using a community hub page and I think this has huge potential for bringing our geographically spread teaching community together to share resources and engage in professional conversations.
ProsMy role includes overseeing the performance management of head teachers and this is easy to review away from their kindergarten site at a time that suits me by using Storypark. They are able to utilise templates to demonstrate how they are meeting the teaching standards and key competencies of Tataiako, and include their accompanying evidence. This enables us to connect in an ongoing way and provides me with information as to where they are up to prior to us meeting for appraisal discussions.
ConsChallenge of getting teachers to understand how 'my portfolio' can work as a storing place for documents they are using as evidence which are then linked into the teaching standards templates. Comments boxes which are used to apply justifications against the evidence are not editable so cannot be added to or altered which is frustrating.
Sandie T.
Teacher @ Irongate Kindergarten
May 23, 2019

“review of storypark”

OverallI really enjoy using storypark, I am able to save my stories and go back to it when I have more time. I can revisit their stories to complete an accurate evaluation of the child. We are able to have those two way conversations with whanau.
ProsIt is instant you are able to access a graph that will indicate who you need more stories on any particular child. It gives you access to all staff when you are the administrator, this enable you to support your teaching team when completing planning and assessments. Whanau who were unable to visit the kindergarten for meetings could communicate effectively through story park. We used story park for our newsletters which is far better for the environment having a paperless app
ConsAt the end of the day it was hard to access due to overload of internet everyone using it at the same time.
May 23, 2019
April 19, 2019

“ Storypark pros and cons”

OverallOnce we learned to found our way around Storypark and used the mindset of not being scared or time poor to try things out, we haven't looked back. The webinars and online videos are really useful. The help feature is great! Storypark operators are really prompt and we have used them often. Keep improving Storypark.
ProsStorypark has been a fantastic way to engage with parents and whnau. Educators put a lot of passion into writing assessments. When I get a notification from a parent or extended family member ( sometimes from the other side of the world) about something I've posted about a child, it feels like formative assessment and not just another story in their portfolio. Community posts have been a great way to reach all of our parent community, or particular groups with information about upcoming events, readings, newsletters etc. Planning feature. Plans can be added too and shared with parents and seek their input. We share agendas and minute our staff, health and safety and termly planning meetings. We create individual plans for children or positive guidance plans to share with parents. Great to be able to link to stories, photos, notes and pdfs etc! We use child notes to communicate privately with parents. Each term we invite parents to share their aspirations and many do. Our kindergarten association has a community too and we receive posts from them about professional development, policy reviews and other important information that used to clutter up our inboxes. We share a monthly plan on here with our GM as a strategic update to help communicate what is going on in our individual kindergartens. We now do our appraisals on Storypark planning and are now looking at using the portfolio feature for evidence gathering.
ConsThere needs to be a better way to edit our assessments when printing to utilise A4 paper efficiently. Make them aesthetic, they look awful on paper. More than 2 photos and the photos are too small. and there is 1/2 empty page! My colleagues all use 'Pages' to get a nice looking assessment and then upload pdfs, but that is time consuming. We want to be able to edit our online documents to create nicely printed documents. This would really maximise the time we have for writing assessments. The filters in the planning tab are limited and we struggle to find what we want. When you have a lot of plans as we do, it would be great to be able to put them in folders. The All about Me Plans (approx. 70 ) take up a lot of room. Also when we archive our meeting plans each term, we have to do that individually, is there a way we can select a number to archive at once? We have lost information by not clicking save on each cell-annoying Between our own learning tags and our association's (for appraisals), this area seems cluttered and we have to scroll through an awful lot in a very tiny box, to find what we need. Can they be organised better under headings that only open when you click on them? Portfolio section, maybe organise by Professional Standards? We want to filter our documents to easily identify how different indicators meet Professional Standards and Code of Conduct? Perhaps the Quality Practice Template from the Education Council could be a template for the portfolio?
Amy J.
Family Day Care Educator
April 3, 2019

“Fantastic Program for Early Childhood Educators!”

OverallDefinitely worthwhile overall - this was my first choice even starting up my family day care recently after having used it at my previous service.
ProsEasy to use and understand, educators are able to share stories, photos, plans, conversations and notices with families. Paper-free being online, so better for the environment. Can use on any device, any time.
ConsThe app which is available to families is quite limited, so they are unable to see plans, which is where I share most day-to-day information. Unsure if families can have conversations on the app either (I haven't used it from the family end, but this is what I've been told from other educators and families).
Tim C.
Principal
April 2, 2019

“Helping to create a school culture of open communication”

OverallOverall we are very happy with Storypark. It is making communication easier and more efficient. It is helping us to reach family members that in the past have been difficult. It fosters open and reciprocal information sharing. With our children that are non-verbal, it gives families a chance to see pictures and videos and share in their child's day. It is great fro reaching both sides of a split family in an equitable and open way.
ProsI like how easy i9t is for my staff to share wonderful lessons and daily experiences with families. It is also a great way to communicate with families on a more personal basis, it is easy for most people to access and is more secure than texting or even email.
ConsSome of our families struggle to use the app on their phone. We try to help but technology can be confusing. I can sometimes find the menus a bit complex and information can be hard to find.
Nikki M.
Assistant Director

“Overall not bad. ”

OverallWe are able to keep our families up to date with what their children have been doing during their time at the centre. Families get the opportunity to give feedback and comment about their child's day and other family members can as well after the families invite them to Storypark. Direct communication with the educators from families if they have any concerns about their children or would like an experience added to the program for their child.
ProsYou can make your own programs to cater your own needs. Easy to create the templates as well. Just have to get another educators on board to use it properly.
ConsThe tags about learning on the sides keep changing which is very confusing to the educators.
Marisa M.
Early Childhood Teacher
Individual & Family Services, 1001-5000 employees
April 13, 2019

“Family Friendly”

OverallAllows teachers to send messages and have conversations directly with parents and families when otherwise it might be difficult to meet up face to face.
ProsStorypark is a wonderful way to keep parents and families involved in the centre and allows them to send us immediate feedback as well as stories from home. It is easy to use and allows centres to add their own tabs to link daily stories to.
ConsWould like the option of selecting more than one photo at a time to delete from a story. Once families leave centre they are unable to access the planning section of their child's portfolio where we have placed their child's summative assessments.
April 13, 2019
April 7, 2019

“Storypark - Learning Community ”

OverallTime management, involving families in their child's learning and simply communicating with families. Streamlining documentation cycle.
ProsThat I am able to link all of my documentation suite together and share this easily with families. It means we can easily collaborate and set goals for the children.
ConsAt times the planning feature can be difficult to format so it fits on one page for printing. Sometimes you need to click through several steps to get to the information you need. It would be good if you could collage photos within writing stories to group photos as one image - as when portfolios are exported the file size of photos is huge.
April 7, 2019
Jo C.

“Storypark”

OverallMeans families are all connected and I can instantly send out information. really supports communication and sharing of information about childrens learning
Proscommunity posts. ease at which you can create a story Internal evaluation forma that forma can be links to plans.
ConsDoesn't have macrons in the text and given that Maori is an official language of NZ it should. In the planning tabs need to have folders where all the different caterogies can be stored e/g/ reviews, individual plans etc otherwise there is so many plans it is hard to find what you need That in plans you have to keep save specific text boxes before moving to write somewhere else makes it slow.
Sharni A.
Early Childhood Educator
April 3, 2019

“Perfect for educators and families”

OverallParent interaction has been made so easy, families from all over the world, country or State can use the app to follow their child's / grandchild's day at care.
ProsI love that parents / families can see in real time their children's activities, just upload and families receive a notification and can interact immediately. Also using on any device makes sharing stories so easy, laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
ConsSometimes when uploading photos into a draft, it fails to load and you loose those photos that could have been taken using the camera feature. I always try to use my devices camera and upload from my device and not from the story.
Kim W.

“Story Park Review”

ProsWe really enjoy the ease of sharing the learning with parents. Storypark has an attractive layout and set up and is easy for parents to share with extended family. Being able to share photos and information about upcoming events has been great using the community page. Parents of each individual learning setting can then see learning and notices etc specific to their child's learning space. It is software that is easy to use and navigate around and also to make changes as needed with children starting/leaving the centre.
ConsWe had trouble with families that had two or more children getting the childrens accounts merged. Parents were receiving invitations and didnt understand the process to ensure that each child had their own individual account.
Nasrien L.
Early Childhood Teacher
April 26, 2019

“Storypark a great educational tool.”

OverallI realised that technology make everything so simple and easy. My planning and documentation are so easy and simple now. I am able to create my own planning template that I use every week. It is really easy to use and start a plan and just click to save.
ProsStorypark is a great tool, make it so much easier for educators to plan and document children's learning and share videos, photos with families and capturing children's learning and development . It is also a great tool for parents and families. I believe through Storypark, parents have many opportunities to be involved in their child's development. And it create a space In which teachers and parents can communicate and collaborate on a daily bases.
ConsSometimes when I lose my planned program without any reason.
April 26, 2019
Amanda D.
April 20, 2019

“Storypark”

OverallI have found is good to use and have develop plans that are used by the team. Enjoy that I can work from home if information is loaded. Has allowed a great way for family feedback .
ProsI like that information about children and planning can be accessed by me at anytime.I enjoy the fact that parents get information as soon as it is posted and can give feed back.
ConsSome of the format in the planning area is time consuming to use. Finding tags in this area when sorting and linking stories can be hard find and sort. Also can be slow around 3 as lots of users. Printing out plans can also be hard to format so boxes stay together.
April 20, 2019
Shannon F.
Head Teacher
April 16, 2019

“Community”

Overallwe are overcoming how to add individual planning and staff meeting information on storypark but we still have not found a format that really works for us yet.
ProsThat bit enables the invested community to connect with learning. the ease in which information can be shared.
ConsI would like to see better templates, also printing for a story park template leaves to much white space and very small pictures. I would really like storypark to put more features for the iso user, ipads are the most used ITC for teachers and the storypark app is very limiting. from my experience all you can do is upload a story and that is it.
April 16, 2019