Epos Now Ratings

Overall

About Epos Now

Epos Now offers business management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses in the retail and hospitality industries. The company provides point of sale (POS) hardware and industry-leading cloud-based software, which comes with the Epos Now AppStore for seamless integrations with payments, accounts, marketing, and other essential business tools. These scalable systems are tailored to individual business needs and come with full training. Premium support is also available 24/7. Learn more about Epos Now

Catherine J.
Administrator
February 24, 2017

“Modifiable POS System that is easy to use, quick update availability, and economically friendly”

OverallWhen researching POS systems, I ran across a plethora of them out there. I set up online displays where I could interact with different systems. The problem I encountered is that we are a hardware, tool, and lumberyard retail store. With this means thousands upon thousands of products, skus, and etc. In addition, lumber prices fluctuate weekly. As a result, we have to have the capability of easily modifying prices. From the 6 different POS systems I interacted with, Epos Now was the simplest, user-friendly, and MOST economical. In addition, the customer service and response time to questions before we ever purchased the system was almost instantaneous. When your livelihood depends on being able to make sells, update products, add products, create applicable categories, track sales, itemize most often sold products, track profit/loss margins, and etc., it is a necessity to have a company that will grow with you and teaches you how to continually grow. For us, Epos Now has been phenomenal. The quick customer response and having your own 'handler' so to speak is great! I seek assistance from (Epos Now representative), and he never fails. He is quick to respond, quick to offer aid, and he teaches the program. He isn't a fixer where you have to continually call to have the same issue fixed. He is an educator. He teaches me about the errors I create when I am utilizing the system, and he demonstrates how to solve the problem.
ProsWhat I like most about the product is the simplistic layout, the fact that the system is economical, the ease of learning the system, the quick access to help when it is needed. If your POS system fails, you have to have access to help and Epos Now is there when you need it-you don't have to wait days to hear back. Another feature that I love is the tracking and reports. I love that I can track what customers order and be able to send emails when customers make payments on their credit accounts is phenomenal. Our customers love this feature.
ConsI wish the measurement was in standard measurements instead of metric. For example, we sell nails and screws by the pound, but in the system we don't have the option to choose pound, but it isn't the end of the world instead we set it up as l (liter) but when you establish the cost it doesn't matter if it is showing as l or lb because you set it up as cost per 1 unit-whatever unit you choose to use. This is the same issue with measurement instead of foot, there is a meter, but it is still manageable without the standard measurement. The only option currently with Epos Now is metric, but it is my understanding that standard measurement is coming soon.
Fran W.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
July 7, 2017

“Good system, but the true shining star is one of their employees.”

ProsWe purchased your POS systems for both of our shops earlier this spring. We were upgrading our Gettysburg shop and opening a new location in Charleston, South Carolina. On the day before our opening, we installed the Bixelon barcode printer, and the plan was to print all of our labels that day so we'd be able to open and take sales the next day, April 1. When we tested the labels we'd printed, we found that none of them would scan, which was a major problem for us opening the next day. One of the Customer Support had been working with us already through weeks of a difficult installation in our Gettysburg shop, and when we realized the issue with the labels not scanning, he had already gone home for the day. It was a Friday night, and we were in a panic. Thankfully, a lady working your call line was able to reach out, and that customer support went above and beyond the call of duty, working with us for literally hours, ultimately discovering a bug within Google Chrome that was causing the issue. He then quickly fixed the problem, allowing us to print labels for all of our hundreds of hats and to open on time the next morning, with our system fully operational. Since then, continued to be quickly responsive to any issues we have encountered. We have been meaning to write this letter for some time now, but opening a new shop has been all consuming. We are ever so grateful to the customer support and feel that he is a true asset to your company. He is patient, personable, and calm, and a fine representative of your business. If he were our employee, he'd most certainly be first in line for a promotion.
July 7, 2017
Erick E.
Store MAnager
Furniture, 1-10 employees
December 31, 2018

“Customer Service”

OverallWhile attempting to intergrade a new payment processing company, I could not have been more pleased with the service and assistance I received from support team. Team treated me with the upmost courtesy and respect that all customer service representatives should deliver to their customers. From start to finish, they were there to assist me the entire way through what should have been an easy setup but were able to overcome all the obstacles that came up along the way. Thank you so much for your help and I am so happy knowing I have their team available to assist me in the future.
ProsProfessional, courtesy and respectful to their customers. Representatives go out of their way to assure the problem you are experiencing is resolved 100%
Consthere is not anything I can think of at this time that would classify as a con based on all the positive experiences I have had dealing with their IT department as of late.

By Epos Now on January 15, 2019
Thank you for your 5 star business review of the service interactions you have had with us, it's really great to receive positive feedback from our customers. We are striving every day to improve our customer service, we understand that some of the more technical aspects of our systems can require detailed explanations where patients and courtesy are required to promote great working relationships. As one of our standard support customers please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or require any further assistance. We looking forward to hearing from you.
December 31, 2018
Matthew E.
Printing, 1-10 employees
February 12, 2019

“Very useful system for SME”

OverallVery Good. It has helped us total our end of day sales and with the breakdown of items and sold we can easily separate the Vatable sales saving time for our accounts team.
ProsThe software is easy to use and can be edited to suit your business needs with time saving folders. It also has a very user friendly interface that can be picked up in minutes making it great for getting new employees up to speed
ConsUpdating the software was a little tricky but with the help of the telephone team this issue was resolved pretty quickly.

By Epos Now on February 21, 2019
Hello Matthew. Thank you for leaving us a business review, we take all feedback seriously and use this to help continually learn and grow and provide the best customer service possible. The simplicity of our front end system is a real unique selling point making it easy to train staff and adapt for personal / business preference. The backend provides intuitive reporting about profitability, revenue, staff or products analysis by location, staff members or across the whole business.This allows you to figure out what¿s working and what isn¿t to make actionable changes which will boost your bottom line. I understand that updating the system was a little tricky, I'm pleased to hear that our award winning support staff were able to support you through this. If you wish to provide any additional feedback please email customer-engagement@eposnow.com Kind Regards James
February 12, 2019
Steve W.
Company director
Retail, 11-50 employees
November 29, 2018

“Best Epos system on the market”

OverallIf your looking for a new Epos system that does exactly what it says on the box and some, makes your life much simpler and keeps your staff and customers very happy with how easy the system Is to operate then I suggest you pick up the phone and call Eposnow - and tick one more of those to-do boxes - sorted And finally to name names credit where credits due - Olly mate your awesome - thankyou soo much for all your help with the tech stuff and your programming and knowledge of the system is awesome, so a personal thankyou goes out to you especially but also all the other members of the time from start to finish - well done guys
ProsStraight forward to use with logical operating system integrates with other systems easily and seemlessly - the team at Eposnow offer second to none support with full programming and setup assistance on and off site - they set it all up remotely for me and when the day of changeover came it's was literally 5mins and the old out of date system was out and my brand new all singing all dancing Eposnow system was up and taking money ! - the after support has been awesome not that there has been any issues but a few small tweaks here and there - my chefs love it seperate printers for each course clear easy to understand tickets, it also allows me to use the tab function to use as my hotel rooms and bill transfers happen easily. Back office is easy to navigate and gives me real time information, my specials are set up and are simple to amend each day - I can't fault it
ConsExtreme hostility was experienced but not from these guys - it was from my old Epos solution company when I told them I was leaving - telling me I'd made a huge mistake and I won't get any support or help - this was the exact reason I left them and went to the guys at Eposnow - I won't mention names but if they, as I do keep an eye on the competition, and they read this they need to take a good long look at the guys at Eposnow and how they really look after their customers - they might learn something.

By Epos Now on December 11, 2018
Hello Steve. Thank you for leaving a review of Eposnow. We are really pleased to hear that the transition to ourselves has gone well and we are really excited to work with you and your business in the future. I will make sure Olly gets to see your review, he is a really great asset to us at Eposnow. Kind Regards James
November 29, 2018
Martin C.
Café Manager
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
September 23, 2017

“EPOs Back Office set up from the begining .”

ProsOn Wednesday 20th September 2017 I was having some problems trying to log in to the back Office on our EPOs till. I phoned the support line in the morning & was connected to a 1st line support Agent. I explained the problem & it was agreed that she would phone me back at 4pm to help resolve the problem. We have recently changed company names over & there had been a mix up about which account etc. was still active ( our fault ). she phoned at 4pm prompt then kindly spent the next 2 hours or so helping me re install EPOs back office again as the one we had been using was now locked. I explained to her that I needed to get the new programme running as we opened again at 9am on the 20th & we needed the system up & running. Just to summarize as it would take to long to explain she was exceptional in the very cool, calm & professional manner in which she helped me resolve this issue. I was getting a little stressed as this was put on me last minute but she explained the process step by step in a very friendly & understanding manner. Anything she wasn't sure about in the process she asked for advice from her team & at one point she kindly got another member of her team to help also. Its vary rare when you deal with telephone help lines that everything you ask for happens but I can honestly say that she went above & beyond to help me which was really appreciated & I was able to set up the new Back Office system in time for us to be able to trade again in the next morning. she is a prime example of how to get a good end result for both parties in & limited time scale in very difficult & testing situation. She is an asset to your team & I hope she receives the recognition she deserves.
September 23, 2017
Nicola F.
February 16, 2018

“I've been using EposNow for 2 years, I would greatly recommend! ”

OverallI literally do not know what I would do without EposNow, I would recommend them to anyone and have done in the past! We had a problem with our cashdrawer and it was replaced the following day. I've recently got very involved with going deeper into stock levels and master products and am very impressed with everything I can do!
ProsInsights into sales, stock, customer loyalty all on dashboard and easy to read. There is so much I can do in the back office, I'm still learning new things 2 years on and am still very impressed with what I am able to do! Support are brilliant, always very friendly and helpful. There is a feature vote where you can submit any suggestions for the system and users vote on features they would like to see. The apps that integrate are very useful and there is something for everything you could think of! I can access the back office from anywhere, I love this, it means I can work from home and keep up to date with sales.
ConsSupport do take a while to answer your call, although I have only noticed this recently. Their stationary (till rolls etc can seem a little pricey) but you aren't bound to buy from them.
February 16, 2018
Michael B.
February 13, 2017

“Eposnow is a phenomenal software!”

OverallWe began as a very simple bookstore, with only a couple hundred products, and thus very easy to manage. Later on, as the business grew, I realized we needed to move into the future and purchase a point of sale. Eposnow has filled that need like only they can. We originally were bogged down by the fact that some of our books had no barcodes. They were able to teach us to barcode our products, and we could use them in tandem with the pre-barcoded books! Fluid and simple, and very excited for the new update!
ProsEverything! Easy to use, straightforward, dependable, cheap, and powerful! I've never had such an easy experience with technology, and all of my hardware has worked seamlessly with the software!
ConsHonestly, no cons. I wish there was more customizability, but a few of my feature votes have come through such as preauthorization, so the feature voting system does work well! I also was bothered by the quality of some of the training videos, but since they were free I wasn't too surprised. The customer display sometimes reads the wrong price.
Recommendations to other buyersQualify your purchase. This system does not have everything, even though it does have a lot. If you have something you aren't certain about that is a deal breaker, ask! I had so many questions and the sales rep was so helpful in letting me know what it could and could not do!
February 13, 2017
Cesar A.
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
October 26, 2018

“Good system with many feature and few limitations”

OverallOverall they are a solid company. The system is intuitive enough that I can manipulate it to carry out more functions. Still I think that there are others that are not as savvy that would prefer not to have manipulate the software so much in order to accomplish the desired result.
ProsPrice and ability to manage my system remotely their website.
ConsFor a bar, I find myself creating similar items with different costs and prices for let's say differ pour sizes for different kegs. I wish they had a template that you can create with various pour sizes and are already linked to the master product. Then you just pick the pour sizes you want and instead the cost and Price nd you're done. All from one screen. The promotion features can be very glitch at times.

By Epos Now on November 7, 2018
Hello Cesar. Thanks for leaving us a review, it's great to hear that you like the system and the remote abilities. It sounds like the product matrix app maybe useful to you regarding your pour sizes, it's a free app and will allow you to create variants for each product for volumes. If you are interested in this app it may be worth giving us a call to run through this with you. Kind Regards James
October 26, 2018
Kevin R.
Market Advisor
Food Production, 1-10 employees
October 14, 2019

“Almost there”

OverallIt has been extremely useful to be able to access sales in real time from abroad. When I am working remotely I can still access the day's sales.
ProsThe ease of use of Epos Now is undeniable. They have made the software user-friendly and intuitive. Where it is not intuitive, customer support is standing by and responsive. I would recommend this particularly to new businesses to establish a POS system and track their business's success.
ConsI had no problems with the software, however we operate under the Imperial system and the add-on that was available then (and to my knowledge until now) is in metrics only. This was a major problem for us and one we still deal with. Although the software was said on more than one occasion to be in development (and later told ready) I have yet to see it and customer service did not reach out to me when it was available. Some improvements are needed there in both developing software for the world market and in customer service follow-up.
October 14, 2019
Denise Z.
October 3, 2019

“Works for our store!”

OverallOverall, the flexibility and customization is the best feature and the reason we stay. In addition, Epos is always updating and improving! Very helpful customer service group!
ProsFlexibility and customization of the software.
ConsIntegrations - We have a few integrations - Shopify, Mail Chimp (which was discontinued), Postal options, etc. The integration we're least pleased with is Shopify. Everything is an add on which makes it hard for small startups.
October 3, 2019
Adam P.
July 25, 2018

“The perfect solution for my business ”

ProsThe software is so easy to use, has fantastic features and allows me to keep control of my business. The support is fabulous and the staff go the extra mile to assist with anything.
Consepos Now are constantly listening to feedback so the software is improving all the time. The system works wel for me so there's nothing I could say that needs to improve at the moment.

By Epos Now on August 1, 2018
Hello Adam, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you have enjoyed using the software and have taken full advantage of our lovely support team. It is always fantastic to hear that our updates have been so well received and I look forward to hearing more from you in the future. Kind Regards, Naiomi
July 25, 2018
Wojciech S.
July 21, 2018

“Excellent POS system for various types of business, expecially hospitality ones”

Pros- great 24/7 support team - elastic SAAS solution that can be customised for various business needs - cloud-based solution that can work on any device and any operating system
Cons- pricing seems fine initially but the sales team constantly keep pushing for paid support plan - this might be expensive - As this is a massive provider, you might sometimes wait a long time for your new features to be implemented

By Epos Now on July 24, 2018
Hello Wojciech, Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you have found our software to be so useful and that you have had the chance to speak to our excellent support team. We are consistently improving our software based on customer feedback so do keep an eye out for our regular software releases. If there is anymore feedback you would like to add we would love to hear from you at customer-engagement@eposnow.com. Kind Regards, Naiomi
Jerica T.
Farming, 1-10 employees
February 24, 2017

“Difficult implementation, but lots of potential”

OverallWe are starting feed/retail/animal health products store, and wanted a cloud-based system with more flexibility than the dinosaur server-based systems typically used in our industry. We asked a TON of questions, demoed multiple systems, and decided Epos Now was the best fit; we've had the system for 4 months. Implementation was rough, to say the least. We were told customer service was based out of North Carolina; however, most of the reps we've talked to are very British. Nothing against Britts, but lingo is different, business is different, time zones are different- all making for minor challenges that we were not anticipating. Our implementation manager hung up on us mid-call when she had to go catch her train. We were instructed to enter products one way, then told we had to delete everything we'd entered (DAYS of work) and do it all over again. It cannot accept payments over $, which matters if you sell a large amount of product or invoice monthly. It is weight integrated, and when I was doing my initial inquisitions, made it clear that we would sell feed/seed in ounces, pounds, and tons with decimal values; the system only can measure in kilograms, which is not practical for most US applications. Manager overrides require the sales associate to log-out and the manager to log-in; an override code would be so much more efficient. However, when you actually have a client in front of you for a simple transaction, the transactions are smooth and easy. The sales interface is very user-friendly. It works great in the remote setting for pop-up shops. It was not expensive. The apps are interesting- it's nice that it makes the basic system very affordable and there are many apps available, but it is overwhelming to know which apps I need and how to use them. It could also potentially get expensive if you added many apps. As a young company, they are motivated and do continually work to improve the product and add frequent updates; however, we were told some features were a part of the system, but after purchasing the system were told that they would be available in the 'next update'. After about 2 months, we had a serious discussion about ditching this system and switching to another. We ultimately decided to stay with this system, accepting that all systems had limitations, and crossing our fingers that the worst was over. It does appear that the worst is over; however, we've only been going at this for 4 months, so ultimately time will tell.
ProsSales interface and usability for transactions Overall look and style of equipment and graphics Price for value Mobility and Flexibility
ConsMisleading information during demo/search process Unreliable support during implementation Lack of standard features and functions- units of measurement, limit on dollar amounts, etc Confusion regarding which features are/not available via apps
Ronald D.
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
October 8, 2019

“Perfect option for my Business”

OverallI use Epos Now for my POS, employee clock in/out and inventory management (small portion). The easy customization makes its very intuitive for employees to learn and start using right away.
ProsThis software did not over burden me with things I did not need. Customization made it a good fit for my business, plus its very easy to use.
ConsA few of the functions are not so easy to find, but customer support was able to help.
Edward D.
June 19, 2017

“Cons I was charged month after month for NOTHING”

OverallONCE YOU SIGN UP THERE IS NO WAY OUT. I TRIED THIS SYSTEM FOR A RETAIL STORE BUT THIS SYSTEM WAS SO SLOW AND WHEN I CALLED TECH SUPPORT I WAS GIVIN THE RUN AROUND BUT FINALLY THEY ADMITTED THAT THERE WAS MORE THAN A THOUSAND ITEMS IN MY STORE AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO TO FIX THE SPEED SO I ASK TO BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY BUT UNFORTUNATELY EPOSNOW KEPT CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD MONTH AFTER MONTH. EVERY TIME I CALLED I WAS PROMISED THAT I WILL NEVER SEE ANY MORE CHARGES OF COURSE WITHOUT ANY REFUNDS AT ALL. BUT YET THE CHARGE APPEARS ON MY BANK STATEMENT EVERY MONTH. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND SUCH A CON OPERATION.
ProsONCE YOU SIGN UP THERE IS NO WAY OUT. I TRIED THIS SYSTEM FOR A RETAIL STORE BUT THIS SYSTEM WAS SO SLOW AND WHEN I CALLED TECH SUPPORT I WAS GIVIN THE RUN AROUND BUT FINALLY THEY ADMITTED THAT THERE WAS MORE THAN A THOUSAND ITEMS IN MY STORE AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO TO FIX THE SPEED SO I ASK TO BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY BUT UNFORTUNATELY EPOSNOW KEPT CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD MONTH AFTER MONTH. EVERY TIME I CALLED I WAS PROMISED THAT I WILL NEVER SEE ANY MORE CHARGES OF COURSE WITHOUT ANY REFUNDS AT ALL. BUT YET THE CHARGE APPEARS ON MY BANK STATEMENT EVERY MONTH. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND SUCH A CON OPERATION.
ConsONCE YOU SIGN UP THERE IS NO WAY OUT. I TRIED THIS SYSTEM FOR A RETAIL STORE BUT THIS SYSTEM WAS SO SLOW AND WHEN I CALLED TECH SUPPORT I WAS GIVIN THE RUN AROUND BUT FINALLY THEY ADMITTED THAT THERE WAS MORE THAN A THOUSAND ITEMS IN MY STORE AND THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO TO FIX THE SPEED SO I ASK TO BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY BUT UNFORTUNATELY EPOSNOW KEPT CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD MONTH AFTER MONTH. EVERY TIME I CALLED I WAS PROMISED THAT I WILL NEVER SEE ANY MORE CHARGES OF COURSE WITHOUT ANY REFUNDS AT ALL. BUT YET THE CHARGE APPEARS ON MY BANK STATEMENT EVERY MONTH. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND SUCH A CON OPERATION.
June 19, 2017
Virginia D.
Consultant
Dairy, 1-10 employees
February 27, 2019

“A great POS and back end solution”

OverallI have very few negative things to say about EPOS Now. We love it! I wish there was more customization / versatility for making labels. We desperately need to be able to use the Deliveroo, but only have one location. Please review this and come up with a reasonable amount we can pay to use it. Also would like to see more add on app dev.
ProsEase of use, great support, versatility - takes VERY LITTLE training. Love that it works with Paypal.
ConsLimitations on creating labels, lack of ecommerce interface - we only have one location and really need Deliveroo.

By Epos Now on February 28, 2019
Hello Virginia. Thank you for leaving us a fantastic review, i'm so pleased to read that you would recommend us. We take all feedback seriously and use this to improve the products and services we offer to our customers. Your feedback regarding labels we are aware of and this is on our road map for delivery this year. I would direct you to use the feature vote option in your back office to push the priority level of this development as this will help to get it delivered sooner. We do have Deliveroo functionality, however you will require a verified Deliveroo account before this can be integrated, this will need to be arranged by Deliveroo themselves. If you already have an account with Deliveroo then please contact us to discuss further. Thank you once again for your review and if we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Kind Regards James
February 27, 2019
Peter C.
Supermarkets, 11-50 employees
August 15, 2017

“Does what it says and then some...”

ProsAfter evaluating a number of potential EPOS solutions for our business we decided that the Epos Now solution was a close watch to our required specification, functionality and ease of use. It provided all of our essential hardware and software requirements and many 'nice to haves' that were on our original list. After installing the system off-site we had an intensive period of testing user data and configuring the system to match our specific business processes. Epos Now provided plenty of training and support during this period and we were impressed with how much functionality was available compared to our old system. After the user acceptance testing was signed off the system was installed seamlessly into the operation and has ran perfectly from day 1. Combined with the remote back office, the Epos Now system has been welcomed by staff, has introduced many new efficiencies into our business and continues to do so the more we use it. We have no hesitation recommending this system to others.We had a couple of small software gaps that we needed more help than usual to rectify however epos now made available the support resolve them.
Michelle O.
Retail, Unspecified
September 15, 2016

“Good experience with Epos Now”

ProsGreat looking product, beautiful interface. Back office component is easy to navigate and robust. Easy to find all of the reports and data I need. A component in the back office allows you to suggest improvements to the software. We are a resale shop and this software fit my needs of being able to assign store credit to my customers.
ConsThere are a few UI areas that could use improvement but nothing too critical. Getting a hold of customer support can be tricky, I believe they are based in the UK with support in the East Coast. I'm on the West Coast so occasionally I've had to play a bit of phone tag before getting a live person. Because I do own a resale/consignment shop, I'm adding a lot of various products to my stock list as I set up over several months, and this has required me to sign up for a Bulk Upload app which has an extra fee associated with it. This is annoying. If you add new lines of products regularly this is likely something you'd have to do, since adding products one by one is tedious. Though they will do a bulk upload for you when you first set up for free, so if you've got your product list in advance this might not be an issue. Because some of the features are apps it takes a while to navigate to them and open them. This being said, these are minor complaints, when I look back at some of the other systems I did look at.
Recommendations to other buyersThink of all of your possible requirements and rank the features you would like to see, in advance of seeing a sales presentation. On your initial call you will be able to understand if a system fits your requirements immediately, rather than being walked through a presentation and having to go back and ask questions later.
September 15, 2016
Tracey D.
Retail, Self-employed

“EPOS Review”

Overallmuch better reporting
Proseasy to use and adaptablilty. The ability to integrate with Quick Books
Consit can be slow and I have had issues with it not allowing me to log into the til
Stephen P.

“Incredible service !”

ProsIncredible service! We have been using the services of Epos now since starting our site shop 18 months ago - the product has proved excellent over this time, and i must say that the service from the support team most recently was incredible. We are only a small company but he really took the time to go through every aspect of our reporting process, and answering our queries Many thanks indeed
ConsThere aren't many bad things to say apart from maybe the software releases can cause some issues every so often
Nicole M.
August 14, 2019

“Unhappy retailer”

OverallIf it were easy to switch services, I would in a heartbeat. But I'm hopeful with time, they will listen to feedback and improve the product.
ProsThe back office is fairly easy to navigate for basic needs
ConsThe help/tutorial aspect of this software is greatly lacking. There are a lot of features to utilize but it's near impossible to get proper training on using them. Which leads me to my next con - The support team is incredibly unreliable. IF you are lucky and get a good support rep, your issues may be resolved quickly. However that is a rare occurrence. I typically have to call back a few times to get issue resolved/questions answered. Add the fact that it's very common for the support reps to make mistakes in fixing "issues" and often end up making matters worse. The bulk import feature is incredibly important to our business. But it is complicated and doesn't work properly because of what seems like a formatting/programming issue. It's been two years that we have used this product. One would think they would have fixed this issue by now. Especially because they charge for the service. They also do not have an EBT functionality which complicates our daily report reconciliation. That has been on their "project" list for some time now. Maybe one day?
August 14, 2019
Ian P.
Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees
December 21, 2017

“Excellent experience ”

ProsExcellent experience migrating from an old system to this brand new system for our cricket club. The help in the implementation phase was really invaluable and they took their time to understand our current practices and provided better resolution rather than just trying to copy what we'd done before. I just also say that the tech support and 'live chat' has been excellent in getting quick answers to little niggles rather than submitting endless tech support tickets. The software is easy to use and I like being able to access my information on my phone from anywhere that I am. The email dashboards that you can automatically email to yourself are also very good, especially yesterday's sales and last weeks sales.
ConsA member of staff is dyslexic and struggles with the colours. We would like the ability to change the colours so that it is easier to distinguish different products. We currently keep track of 700 members in an excel sheet and would like to find a way to manage multiple member types in different categories, and allocate each category the same price automatically through the software.
December 21, 2017
Dan D.
Vice President
July 21, 2018

“Do not purchase if you are in the hospitality industry.”

ProsThe ability to completely control the back office. We are able to enter new products, adjust pricing, calculate profit margin, run specials, etc with no assistance from the company itself.
ConsThis software was NEVER designed for the hospitality industry. We have had multiple occasions where tickets with tips will not close and we have not been able to collect those credit card tips. Since this is not the server's issue, the business has to pay the server their tips and then eat the cost when the ticket won't close. In speaking with the company, their only excuse is that tipping is not customary in the UK so it wasn't designed for that and they are "working" on it. We also ordered a case (10 rolls or800 meters) of printer tape from them. They sent us 270 meters of tape and tried to claim the rolls were larger and we got all the paper we paid for. I found their supplier and was able to order 50 ROLLS. Complete rip off. When I called to tell them I wanted to return their 4 rolls of tape and get a refund, the customer service rep actually laughed. I would never buy this system again and am currently saving money in an effort to replace it so I can sink the system in the bottom of our local lake.

By Epos Now on July 23, 2018
Hello Mr Davis, I am sorry to hear about the experience you have had with your hospitality solution. It is a shame to hear your feedback as we have a significant number of hospitality companies all over the world who have found our system to work seamlessly. I am keen to resolve this issue for you. Please, could you provide your account number so that I can look into this further for you? Many Thanks, Naiomi
Karen C.
September 28, 2017

“Excellent service”

ProsAfter purchasing a card payment machines i was referred through to Epos for my till solutions. After speaking with one of the point of sales consultants, who was very knowledgeable and helpful, he recommended the right products for my new business after listening to my requirements. With in the hour of our call i had received a comprehensive quote and was able to review the demo. By lunch time i had made my decision this was the right company for me and by close of play i made my purchase. I would thoroughly recommend this company for your till solutions. Not only have they supplied me with a really competitive quote but the service i have received so far has been second to none.
September 28, 2017
Mary M.
Business Office Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 employees

“Product Review”

OverallPrior to Epos Now, we had unstable software which was not user friendly for our employees. We now can provide fast and efficient training to our employees and know we can easily troubleshoot any issues that arise.
ProsThis software has provided us with a stable POS system to manage our on-site stores, including our inventory management, which has increased sales. Also, the technical staff has been very helpful answering questions in a timely manner.
ConsCan't even think of anything at this time!
Michelle G.
April 8, 2018

“Terrible customer service”

ProsThe system is easy to use. I would love to have continued to use it....if they stood by what that tell you when you are purchasing the product and provide customer support, as they indicated.
ConsDo yourself a favor....DO NOT PURCHASE AN EPOS SYSTEM. They DO NOT stand by what they tell you, when you are purchasing their equipment. Their support after one year is HORIBLE. If you refuse to buy their customer support plan, they tell you that they provide email support, which is a lie. They told me desktops have a 3 yr warranty on all equipment. Now, they are saying it only had a 1 yr warranty and we have to pay for a warranty, to have anything replaced now. I have created several tickets and never heard a word back or got the problem resolved. Today (Sunday at 2:00 CST) our desktop was down (which is ironic since our warranty supposibly just expired on the desktop). We had customers in our store and I needed our desktop up to check out customers. We received an error message saying the desktop could not be found, it has been moved or deleted. We called EPOS. It went to U.K. They refused to help because we did not purchase the 24/7 customer support service and said to call the US support line on Monday. Needless to say, we will be shopping for another POS system that stands by their product and customer service!
April 8, 2018
Valentina B.
December 16, 2017

“Good system and good customer service”

ProsI spent a lot of time researching POS systems before opening my cafe next year and I finally settled on Epos Now due to a good mix of price and functionalities. During the first phase they walked me through the system and company and made sure I was taken care of through all stages of my signing up process, thank you! The company offers 30 days free training when you purchase the software and I was lucky enough to get allocated to one of the rep. Besides being a bubbly personality and always in a good mood (which is not so easy to find in general) she was extremely patient with me asking the same questions over and over again and she explained the software's main functionalities with clarity and confidence. In just a few sessions we set up my whole menu on the system and the way it will appear on the till so all I have left to do now is plug in the hardware before opening and I'm good to go! Based on the service received so far I would definitely recommend Epos Now.
December 16, 2017
annie s.
January 24, 2019

“Amazing product”

ProsI absolutely love Espos now. It has an amazing back office, tons of report options and very easy to use as a manager.
ConsI don't have any cons about this product. It's A m a z i n g p r o d u c t

By Epos Now on February 1, 2019
Hello Annie. Thank you for leaving us such a fantastic 5 star business review, it's great to hear how happy you are with your system,software and the service we provide. Epos Now¿s back office interface is highly customisable, allowing you to select the information that's most valuable to you. Create insightful dashboards that provide an instant overview of your business, receiving real-time sales, product, and employee information. Our dashboard options include profitability, revenue, staff or products analysis by location, staff members or across the whole business. This allows you to figure out what¿s working and what isn¿t to make actionable changes which will boost your bottom line. If we can be of any further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us Kind Regards James
January 24, 2019
Adrian W.
November 28, 2017

“Happy with the system ”

ProsI use the product every day and am happy with the ease of use. Everyone picked it up quickly and the system is working for the business. I don't have any issues with the system and am going to integrate with my payment provider. I have never had any need to phone the customer support team but know they are there if I need anything.
ConsI would like to see some improvements to invoicing. In particular I would like to be able to put my company logo on the invoice. Another thing that I have noticed is that when you look at an invoice it generates a new invoice number which does not need to happen when you are purely viewing an existing invoice.
November 28, 2017
Yvonne C.
Past-President
Retail, 51-200 employees

“A few glitches”

OverallInventory will be easier in future. Tracking daily sales and product sales is easier.
ProsIt is easy for the staff to use when doing cash in the store. Taking inventory is easy. It looks good - and is easily understood.
ConsThere are some small problems in reporting which need further work. A manual to go with the product would be useful. It doesn't link easily with Moneris credit card system with the Bank of Montreal.
Amanda W.
Owner/Operator
Retail, Self-employed
October 6, 2016

“Epos Now for new gift store”

OverallI purchased Epos Now for my new store, and overall I've been extremely satisfied with the program. I purchased the software and hardware (except magnetic strip), and for the price the software is unbeatable. Epos's sales and support team are just a call away 24/7, and have been great to work with.
ProsThe product is really user friendly, and tracks inventory, payroll and taxes. Plus it keeps track of trending products, low stock items, and allows you to run promotions for specific time frames.
ConsI haven't figured out how to create a promotion that only applies if a customer brings in a coupon I've ran in the local paper. Example: Discount of 15% on any purchase of $35 or more. I can set up a promotion like this but it will apply to any transaction over $35. The support team at Epos is trying to figure out away around this
Recommendations to other buyersIf you're interested in this software give Epos a call. They will gladly walk you thru all their system has to offer and will set you up with a free trial. Work with the free trial for a few days to see if it will meet your needs.
October 6, 2016
Kevin B.
August 15, 2019

“Beware of what your told and what you get”

Overallnot really happy. thinking of at least dumping support because i see no value. i paid for the system outright so just going to grin and bear it for now. If my industry continues beyond 2020 would probably switch to clover
ProsNot hard to setup not hard to use The till is OK
Consthis a United Kingdom based software. The reporting when exporting to excel use VAT taxes and you have to change headings because a lot of them don't make any sense when using an outside loyalty program platform the system is incredibly slow The system uses nearly all the storage available and I find myself constantly having to try to delete windows update failures, downloads, and other items . I am a small shop and not an IT guy Support is random sometimes unavailable and the times we have called in most of the problems have not been solved by their support . We were escalated but then no one ever calls back and we figured out the issues on our own. 'I'm unable to figure out how to use the added features as most things are just set up as individual items I run a vape shop and was hoping to be able to use variants such as colors, and bottle sizes but was advised against during setup for reporting purposes. so every size and color is setup as an individual item which is disappointing as we have changing stock constantly in the industry.
August 15, 2019
Jan B.
Teacher/School Store Manager
October 15, 2018

“EPOS has been great to work with and get us trained!!! ”

OverallCustomer support was so professional and helpful to getting us up and running!!! Great job!!!
ProsThe switching to a new system has been wonderful and our inventory was able to be entered perfectly!!! They have been very patient when giving us training and responded to all of my questions with a calming voice. I love when he can "take over" my computer and show me how to find reports for tax purpose or run daily inventory. This is a great feature and so helpful!!! Support team is top of the line helpful!!!
ConsNone so far. We did have damage to the drawer and printer and they were great about sending us a new ones and got them set up quickly.

By Epos Now on November 15, 2018
Hello Jan, Thank you for leaving Eposnow a review, your feedback is valuable to help us grow our products and business. It's really great to see that you have rated us 5 stars and have had a great experience when dealing with us, if there is anything else you need help on pleased do let us know. Kind Regards James
October 15, 2018
Andii M.
Sales Assistant
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
July 12, 2018

“Support is the best around!”

ProsWe've been working with EposNow for a few months now, and even with our start-up issues, they've been great. The support staff is personable and helpful to an incredible degree. The smallest thing he will do his upmost to help with. We had him come down to London to troubleshoot, and even with our connectivity issues he was able to get us up and running in both our shops. An absolute asset to the company and I'd recommend anyone to contact him when using EposNow!
ConsTakes a while to get used to the interface, but as said before the support is so good I know I could easily call if I'm confused.

By Epos Now on August 1, 2018
Hello Andii, Thank you for leaving such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear about your experience with us at Epos Now. We are incredibly proud of our support team and I am glad to hear that we have been able to help you get up and running in both of your shops. Will really enjoyed coming to visit you and he will be really pleased to read this review! Many Thanks, Naiomi
July 12, 2018
Vicky J.
Entertainment, 11-50 employees

“Excellent Customer Service”

ProsWhen I called customer service. He was amazing and resolved all the queries that I had through remote support. He explained everything clearly as he resolved the issues and not once did I feel that I was been rushed. One very happy customer, thank you
ConsI was a bit skeptical about remote support at first thinking it would be a nightmare if we had a serious problem but it works brilliantly
Simon W.
Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees
August 15, 2017

“Customer support representative was superb!”

ProsCustomer support representative in support was superb today i had a couple of problems, solved very efficiently and quickly.
Conswe've been with epos now since 2015 and apart from some long wait times for support there have been very few issues
Kevin R.
Treasurer
Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees
March 13, 2019

“Epos Now retail software”

ProsThe customer support is the best thing about EposNow. The reps were always available to make sure that everything worked 100% the way we needed. Many thanks!
ConsThere are no specific defects or problems with the software.

By Epos Now on March 29, 2019
Hi Kevin, Thank you for your review. We are pleased to see that you are enjoying your EPOSNOW system. We are always looking to improve our product for our customers therefore your feedback is invaluable. Our team are aware of your requests and if we come up with anything further to tailor your needs, we will of course let you know. Kind regards, Hakim Akanmu Customer Experience Manager
March 13, 2019
Robert S.
IT Support Manager

“Broadwindsor Craft Centre”

OverallI'm sure any future issues will be answered in the same manner and look forward to continuing working with Epos Now.
ProsToday's session was very easy to follow and understand. The session was conducted by customer support team and was made easy by his willingness to listen and be very patient. I would like to thank him for a most enjoyable working afternoon with all queries answered using his knowledge, suggestions, and expertise. We had multiple issues however they were discussed and each answered quickly in as much depth as required.
Chris & Mark D.
Owners
Retail, 11-50 employees
June 7, 2017

“Epos Now review”

Overallwas called and informed that changes can be made to the system in due time due to the hard work of the software team.
ProsGreat service, very helpful from purchase to setup and everyday use. Being in the medical field, it's somewhat complicated to find a POS that will allow our business to look clean. Would recommend this product to every busy.
ConsMy only negative is that the miscellaneous products does not have a set cost price that I can attach it to. If it did I would be able to give a better report for the margins for products that aren't sold as frequently.
June 7, 2017
Henry B.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

“Epos Experience ”

OverallExperience has been good. Live support team has been very very helpful
ProsEasy to use Once you get the hang of it but I am not a techie so it took me a little while
Cons Actually it's a lot more detailed than my business requires so for me it took some time to customize it to my business
Richard B.
Support
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

“Cobourg yacht Club”

OverallThe experience has been a positive one. Would have loved to go ahead with the credit card integration but the experience with EVO was horrible. I certainly hope no other EPos user goes with EVO
ProsSupport is great and prompt. Loved the training.
ConsAdd ons are overpriced. We looked at the customer loyalty option and the Quick Books option but both required a monthly fee. The credit card integration with EVO was a complete and utter failure and a support nightmare for our bar manager. I must add that the issue wasn't with EPos but rather the dismall support system at EVO.
Danielle Q.
Consultant
August 25, 2018

“Very user-friendly and mobile too”

OverallI was simply looking for a POS system to replace a very outdated one. This worked.
ProsIt has a mobile app. It was easy to sign up for and use. Its layout is super user friendly, and getting reports is a breeze!
ConsIt tends to be a little glitchy still, and I haven't used much of their hardware. THe mobile app gave me a lot of trouble for the trial before purchasing, so if you wanted to try before buying, that might be an issue.

By Epos Now on September 4, 2018
Hello Danielle, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive and informative review of your experience with the Epos Now mobile app. I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed using our set up process and in-depth reporting features. I will be sure to pass on your reports of glitching to our technical team to look into as we hope to provide a seamless experience to all mobile, tablet and hardware users alike. Please do not hesitate to contact our friendly support team if ever you experience any issues. Kind Regards, Naiomi
August 25, 2018
Lisa U.
June 14, 2018

“Love the software - both front end and back end ”

OverallWould recommend that if your looking for a POS system you look at this software
ProsBoth front end and back end of this software works well, ease of use and the ability to customize is what I like most
Conscustomer service is lacking and that is not good in my book I had to call and e-mail many times and never felt that I received the correct support
June 14, 2018
Susan N.
1-10 employees
November 13, 2017

“I would highly recommend your firm and staff to anyone. ”

ProsI cannot thank you enough for the very efficient treatment we have received today when we could not get our epos system working. You all worked wonders to retrieve the information to get us going again. It was completed in an extremely friendly and confident way. I would highly recommend your firm and staff to anyone.
November 13, 2017
Dottie R.
Furniture, 1-10 employees
June 9, 2017

“Casual Living”

ProsSince choosing EPOS Now for our POS system at our retail store, I have been working closely with a technician in Customer Support. Even when I am frustrated and facing a difficult challenge, they have been calm and professional and always ease my mind that nothing is insurmountable.
ConsWhile I can't say that my experience in trying to install a POS system has been easy, I can say that my technician has been so attentive to my needs and has gone over and above in helping me get this going.
June 9, 2017
Jeffrey L.
Restaurants, 11-50 employees
December 7, 2017

“Epos provides alot for the money spent”

OverallIn general this software provides everything you would need to run your business ar a very good price, i would definitely recommend this software for small business owners
ProsEpos provides everything you need to run a basic store. It has sales report, labor report, and many more useful informative reports. On top of that its really easy to add and edit items on your menu.
ConsSometimes its a little hard to reach a tech and some functions need to be added, like a field to put your store phone number on the receipt
December 7, 2017
Rob H.
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
June 14, 2017

“Does exactly what it says on the tin ”

OverallIf you put the time into learning the system, it will fulfil any business need you may have. The system will perfect what I need.
ProsRemote access allows me to work on the business but not having to be there. Once learned the system does everything I could ever need. The software is brilliant.
ConsTime is needed to initially set up the system but with training, this isn't a massive issue. Sometimes customer service has longer than ideal wait times but the issue is always resolved once you speak to someone.
June 14, 2017
Tomeka W.
December 14, 2017

“Excellent software ”

ProsI purchased this POS system back in June in anticipation of opening my convenience store. There wa a delay in the start of my business I was not able to setup my system and implement my training in the original time frame allotted. When I was finally able to setup, which was months later, when I contacted EPOS they were beyond helpful. The license that I have does not come with phone support, but the tech team has went above and beyond to help me get the setup over the phone regardless. I love the interface of the software and the versatility that it provides. I am truly enjoying using it and really like 'guide me' and the App Store.
ConsSometimes it is difficult to get through to a technican and I do not always receive a response to tickets that I raise.
December 14, 2017
Matt O.
Retail, 501-1000 employees
December 13, 2017

“Genuinely brilliant at every point of contact”

ProsMy implementation consultant at EposNow was genuinely brilliant at every point of contact. We'd got an incredibly tight deadline to have our till systems up and running, which, without her help, we'd have had no hope of achieving. She was personable, understanding and most importantly both clear and efficient. As someone who hadn't had a massive amount of exposure to the EposNow system, she communicated it's functions and features clearly enough that I could then immediately train others extensively and to an intermediate standard. Great service from the EposTeam, the integrations consultant included for his efficiency with our WorldPay integration. A massive thanks, especially to my implementation consultant. Top Work! Cheers Triumph Motorcycles
December 13, 2017