SlickPie Ratings

Overall

About SlickPie

SlickPie is free online accounting software designed for small businesses, offering online invoicing and billing, multicurrency, quotes and estimates. bank reconciliation, financial reporting, expense tracking, sales tax management, source document upload, and more. SlickPie also delivers many time-saving automation features, such as automatic payment reminders and recurring invoices, and it offers a built-in automated receipt data entry tool, the MagicBot. Learn more about SlickPie

Aminul Al M.
June 14, 2017

“Intuitive, but not perfect”

ProsYes, the software is pretty easy to use and intuitive as they say, but not for all actions. For instance, creating your opening balance demands going thru the tutorials and spending some time into it. I know this is a one-time-only action, but still is not as easy to do it. For the regular actions like invoicing, managing bills, getting live bank feeds, etc, the software is easy and intuitive, so I guess there is still some room for improvement.
Conssome unique tasks demand further understanding of accounting. I know very little about it, but I can tell it would be better if you already know one or two things before fully using the app.
June 14, 2017
Himanshu S.
August 10, 2016

“Unlimited users are essential to me”

OverallI operate my business with 3 other partners and, eventually, we all need to send invoices at the same time. I found SlickPie exactly for that reason, I was looking for an online accounting software that offered unlimited simultaneous users and SlickPie came out. I was surprised when I noticed that they offer this resource for free since the few other options in the market offer it for a monthly fee. The software is great overall, and this resource alone improved my day-to-day a lot.
ProsThe best software to offer unlimited users for free.
ConsI'm waiting for them to launch the multicurrency feature. According to their support team, it will be released in the next two or three months. I'm counting on it.
Recommendations to other buyersHighly Recommended.
August 10, 2016
Mohon R.
Freelancer
June 25, 2017

“They heard my humble requests and finally released a Google Chrome extension”

ProsUsing SlickPie makes my life easier and all, but I really wanted a Google Chrome extension. The software is all about saving time and still I had to waste time to log in every time, so I emailed their team a couple times and surprisingly they got it done. The Chrome extension is app and running and all I have to do is to click on the extension icon to get straight to my company page in SlickPie with no log in necessary. Very nice job team!
Consthe team implemented my suggestion and created a Chrome extension, but it took them a month to do it.
Mila J.
Production Manager
June 25, 2017

“It is a handy way to send invoices and get paid ”

Pros This app does a great job of invoicing and accepting payments. The big upside is its recurring invoice and automated features. I get payment quickly this way because my clients are reminded whenever their payment is due. It also saves me a lot of time to call my clients one by one. I also like the fact that I can do my transaction within minutes. PayPal and Stripe are also a plus.
Consinterface is good, but not enough charts. Besides the very good chart on the main dashboard, the rest is dry for graphs.
Md Amirul I.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Internet, 201-500 employees
November 3, 2016

“This app is addictive”

OverallI can't stop using this app. It just feels so good accessing my company finances from anywhere that I simply keep doing it all day long. Every time I get paid I immediately check to see how that money will impact my cash flow for the time being. It's rewarding to see my numbers increasing after a long day of work, and since this app is so slick to use I end up preferring to check my bank data through the app. Another highly addictive thing is taking a look at the reports at the end of each week to think about new tweaks to improve the results for next week.
ProsSlick app with useful reports
ConsMore charts are needed
November 3, 2016
Rich A.
Internet, 1-10 employees
June 11, 2017

“it is a great accounting app with great accessibility ”

ProsI like to use SlickPie because I can access my company finances from anywhere, get notification every time I get paid, and I can immediately check my cash flow. I also like the modern design on SlickPie and the automated reminders. Overall, I have no problem using this app and will keep using it.
ConsIt does not have a payroll integration. I emailed their staff to request that and they said it is on their road map for later this year.
Reymond B.

“It looks professional ”

OverallThe accounting function that helps me a lot. To get the accurate result just used it & found out. :)
ProsI personally use it for billing and invoicing, cash management, expense tracking and financial report. I like its professional invoices look. It makes my company look more professional and these features help keeping track with my clients.
ConsI want a purchase orders feature to be added. This is something that would be beneficial to my company and to my operations.
DS K.
Management Executive
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
December 31, 2018

“Nice accounting software”

ProsThis software can be used for accounting, generating invoices, estimates and quotations too. It has multiple currency option too.
ConsProblem i faced was trouble in cancelling the order which was placed once. Need expertise I guess. It has some options in default which may not be required like payment reminders.
December 31, 2018
suresh l.
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees
November 22, 2018

“Best accounting software for small business ”

ProsIt has all features to make an invoice, track expense, create a quote. the best option is a payment reminder. Most of the options available in the free plan itself.
Consdesign customization is limited. Only best suited for the small business. No other major cons in this tool.
November 22, 2018
Clay B.
Senior Consultant
Environmental Services, 1-10 employees
March 28, 2017

“Beautiful Design”

OverallI want to comment on SlickPie dashboard design. I think the design looks beautiful and professional. I like to see that different colors are being used to identify different report. It makes it easy to read numbers. I can also access to slickPie easily from any computer. This makes it easier for me to keep track with my cash flow when I am out of town doing business. Congratulations on the interface!
ProsUser friendly and beautiful design
ConsMore graphs please!
Recommendations to other buyersI would highly recommend it for small tech firms like ours.
March 28, 2017
Kamal J.
Publishing, 1-10 employees

“A ton of features”

OverallIt is just nuts the amount of features offered for a free app. At least in my case there are more features than I even need. Of course I use all the rice and beans of accounting like invoices, reports, bank reconciliation, recurring invoices, and tax management, but there is a lot more stuff there. It is a nice surprise in this bloated accounting software market.
ProsGreat set of features
ConsIt needs more charts
Recommendations to other buyers best cost-benefit rate available
Alan B.
Executive Office, 1-10 employees
March 11, 2017

“It's a good accounting app”

OverallIt's a simple and easy to understand program. I use it mostly to run my day-to-day business operations like sending invoices and managing bills. Something that catches my attention very often is the dashboard design, which looks modern and trendy even when compared to non-accounting software dashboards.
ProsSimple and easy to understand
ConsThere aren't many integrations available
Recommendations to other buyersThis is one of the best software a small business consultant could use.
March 11, 2017
Leane T.
Freelance Business Administration Consultant
Management Consulting, Self-employed
February 22, 2018

“Awesome on the go Accounting”

ProsJust love that every thing is at your finger tips. Create for small businesses starting up and you don't need to be an accountant to understand whats going on.
ConsOnly annoying part is the setup stage, needs to have more options for inventory and how they can be grouped with multiple serial numbers.
February 22, 2018
Wesley M.
April 24, 2018

“Slickpie is a nice basic FREE accounting software for a small business.”

ProsIt's free! The user interface is easy to use and understand, though it did take me awhile to figure out how to record a credit card fee on a transaction. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a full featured accounting software, but it should work for most small business needs.
ConsIt can be slow at times and take a long time to load pages. The reports are exported to a plain looking excel sheet. It would be nice if you could print from the screen to a pdf document that looked like the report on the screen.
April 24, 2018
RAJA A.
water wells
Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees
January 4, 2017

“good and nice software this is very useful in my business this is quickly and made easily for my acc”

Overalli make my business quality and safe and improve my business next level so this software is very useful that is a accounting fast and easily
ProsIT is a very simple and easy
Consvery useful in small business holder
Recommendations to other buyersno advice
January 4, 2017
Internet, Self-employed
July 8, 2016

“It works really well”

OverallWhat I like about SlickPie is that the software works as it was supposed to work. Right after I log I can send an invoice or check my balance. Since I've been using the software (roughly 1 year) it never crashed, not even once. I think SlickPie is fast and easy to use, it works really well and and I'm a satisfied customer.
ProsSoftware works as it was supposed to work. Fast and easy to use.
ConsFAQ section is not perfect, I had to access the website chat to solve a couple of questions. The chat was effective though.
July 8, 2016
John A.
Call Center Executive
November 23, 2017

“Life is easier now”

OverallGreat Great Great software
ProsThis software made my life easier now. I used this software for bank reconciliation, financial reporting etc. Amazing service from this software
ConsNeed some unique task further understanding accounting. Also, the interface is good, but not enough charts.
November 23, 2017
Devarshi M.
March 29, 2017

“Best cloud accounting platform”

OverallThis app works well with my company and it is indeed very simple to use. The best thing about this app is the attaching source documents feature. It makes my company saves a lot of papers and it is very helpful for my customer to see their payment. Another thing I like about this app is the automated data entry feature that allows me to enter my data in instant and quicker than manual data entry. Pretty cleaver.
ProsGreat features
Consit has inventory input, but not inventory management
Recommendations to other buyersbest software I could find
March 29, 2017
Brayan S.
September 17, 2016

“It's a good app for small businesses”

OverallThe app will fit most small businesses' accounting needs since it has the bread and butter features that every company uses. As long as you are not after anything fancy such as purchase orders (which their support team said it will be implemented) you'll be fine. I was using a paid app before and a business partner of mine told me he was using SlickPie. I gave it a shot and ended up changing apps to this one while saving a couple hundred bucks per year. The app is not as robust as the billionaire player I was using before, but it's actually faster and it sure can get the job done.
ProsI can do my business accounting with quality and without having to spend money.
ConsIt doesn't offer some fancy resources that billionaire players offer, but they often add new ones.
September 17, 2016
Trevin W.
September 6, 2016

“Support team is excellent”

OverallI've had any problems when using the software, but I had a few technical doubts during the first days operating in it. I contacted the support team to help me solve a few questions and they were excellent. Their answers came after a short time lapse, and they clarified everything I needed to know. The software is not at its full potential yet as they mentioned that new resources are launched every week, but I'm more than satisfied.
ProsExcellent support team and responses.
ConsThe support section on the website is not totally completed yet.
September 6, 2016
Christine D.
Clinical Psychologist and Director
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
April 20, 2018

“Great software!”

ProsFirst, it's 100% Free online accounting software. You can't beat free! It is super easy-to-use, no need to hire any accountant. It offers a ton of different features and it is really easy to understand.
ConsI don't use some of the features, such as the billing part to my clients. I prefer to use my own invoices.
April 20, 2018
Harp K.
Food & Beverages, Self-employed
March 14, 2017

“It is a great app for small business owners ”

OverallSlickPie is a user-friendly accounting system. The tutorial videos are helpful with easy-to-understand steps. I could set my customer account instantly and do all my transaction very fast. I have been using this app for 3 months and it never crashed. I highly recommend it for small business owners.
ProsIt has many features
ConsThere are not many options for charts
Recommendations to other buyersif you run a small business this will be a nice fit
priya m.
Partner
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
March 10, 2017

“This is user friendly”

OverallIt was very user friendly. It was super easy to learn - I was comfortable with it after a few videos and training material. The dashboard is nice and makes it easy to track the progress of my business, and I can do all my transactions within a few minutes. I recommend it if you're a small company .
ProsIt is very easy and simple to use.
ConsCan add some more videos on usage.
Recommendations to other buyersNo
March 10, 2017
Jalyn P.
September 16, 2016

“I've just started using it”

OverallI've started using this software about two weeks ago. The company setup steps are short and quick, I just took a few more minutes to figure out how to enter my opening balance but then I found a tutorial video for that and I managed to do it. Once I set a few products, taxes, and customers, it was really simple to understand the invoicing and billing steps since they are practically self-explanatory. The reports took me a little bit longer to fully understand since I didn't have much experience with that before, but now they look just fine to me. Overall, I'm happy with this software and would recommend it to small business owners.
ProsThis software is simple and almost self-explanatory to understand once you set up the company info.
ConsMaybe some of the tutorial videos could be included in the app besides just being on the Support page.
September 16, 2016
Carly F.
September 9, 2016

“Impressive interface and design for an accounting app”

OverallI'm a designer so this is one of the main aspects of any apps I use. SlickPie's interface is super nice and trendy, and their dashboard is the best one I've seen between accounting apps (I've tried a few before). The interface is intuitive and it looks good, which makes it easier for me to navigate thru the app and find what I want right away. The design is well done and it improves my experience as a user since I am able to enjoy using the app. The features are more than enough to suit my needs and the app is free.
ProsAwesome design, dashboard, and interface
ConsI wish there was some level of account customization
September 9, 2016
Duncan F.
September 4, 2016

“I like its automation resources”

OverallSlickPie is a good accounting software overall, but what makes me use it are the automation resources. I usually set up recurring invoices to be automatically sent to my clients with specific details once a month. This saves me a lot of time and it works perfectly every time. Another resource that I often use are the automatic payment reminders, which are sent on certain dates according to each invoice. This is bringing me terrific results regarding the time I have to wait before I get paid.
ProsThe recurring invoices and payment reminders are terrific
ConsI would enjoy having even more automation features available
Michael W.
Founding Partner
Telecommunications, Self-employed
June 27, 2016

“My receipts are in cloud now and payment reminders are great”

OverallI've been using the app for about 3 months now and I can tell for sure that starting using it was one of the best things that could've happened to my company for one simple thing: the payment reminders! The app works fine and it's indeed pretty simple to use, but to me the best thing about it that it sends automatic payment reminders to clients that haven't paid the invoices on time so they can remember to do so. It doesn't seem much, but I was surprised to see how my cash flow got better after I implemented this resource. It turns out clients actually pay faster that way, so thank you SlickPie! Attaching source documents feature have allowed me to go almost paperless and my goal is to become 100% paperless in next 1 year.
Prosbills can be kept in the cloud, great payment reminder resource, software works smooth.
ConsThe app could have a few more integrations.
June 27, 2016
Harold B.
September 11, 2016

“Clear reports make the difference”

OverallI was after a software to do my entire business accounting and a friend recommended SlickPie. I must say I'm pretty happy with it since it solved many of the problems I was facing before, especially regarding keeping track of my finances. The key element for that to happen are the financial reports, which are so clear and simple to understand that I can see what's working and what needs to be improved in a matter of minutes. It really improves my business.
ProsThe financial reports are clear and useful
ConsA few graphs could be presented with the reports
September 11, 2016
Obada Z.
Retail, 1-10 employees
August 22, 2019

“Basic small business accounting”

ProsVery easy to start using the software. You can customize settings to make it fit your needs.
ConsSome features are missing. Like Quotations. Reports are also limited.
August 22, 2019
Conrad P.
September 8, 2016

“Straight-forward all-in-one accounting app”

OverallThe app is simple and straightforward. The main features you can get are online invoicing, billing, bank reconciliation and financial reports. There a few special benefits like transaction history, document upload, and payment reminders that will definitely help many small businesses, which makes SlickPie a good alternative to the big guys since it's a free app that basically offers everything that the paid ones do.
September 8, 2016
Financial Services, Unspecified
March 20, 2018

“It's a free software, so very basic. It is suitable for absolute newbie”

ProsFree software. It has basic functionality. Invoice creation, bill booking, and basic accounting functionalities are allowed.
ConsIt is very basic, does not have any reporting capabilities. This is not to be used if you could afford some bucks to go for QuickBooks or another powerful tool
March 20, 2018
Abby S.
September 13, 2016

“Best deal for sure”

OverallInstead of spending hundreds of dollars every year on other online accounting software I decided to look for a free app, and SlickPie was this app. To summarize my thoughts about it, this is a full-service accounting app that I use on daily basis to do my biz accounting. It does everything that the big paid software do (invoices, bills, reports, etc), but it does it for free and it's actually faster than most of the other ones I've tried. Not much to say here, it's a great app and it's free.
ProsFull-service fast accounting app for free
ConsI don't need any fancy features, I'm cool with the core ones.
September 13, 2016
Jag B.
Senior Network Administrator & Partner
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial

“Pretty Good”

OverallPretty good program if you are looking for a simpler solution for your business accounting. I basically use it for invoicing and billing, and study the financial reports once a week. It's an easy software to use, and their online support deserves lots of high-fives.
ProsIt's simple and it does what I need. Really good online support.
ConsThey could add a couple more in-app videos.
Manjur A.
Partner
Financial Services, Unspecified
March 28, 2018

“A free CLoud Based accounting tool suitable for early adopters”

ProsEasy Interface and Lucid design. The Fact itself that this is completely free cloud-based accounting tool.
ConsReporting and customer support is disappointing, sometimes some bank feeds specifically from India are not supported.
March 28, 2018
Jamar P.
September 4, 2016

“It's a steady app with high performance”

OverallThe app is fast and glitch-free when compared to similar competitors. The loading times are literally a fraction of a second, the transactions are concluded right away, the bank feeds are updated on daily basis, and everything else works fine. I don't need dozens of features to do my business' accounting, so this app is ideal for me. I can send invoices, get paid, reconcile my bank accounts, and keep a close eye on the expenses, and that's all I need.
ProsFast, no glitches, all main accounting resources.
ConsSome more invoice templates would be nice.
Ermias Tsegai B.
June 16, 2016

“I recommend it for freelancers”

OverallI think SlickPie is a straightforward and useful software for freelancers. It only takes a few minutes to set up a company and send an invoice. I enjoy that it's possible for me to change the invoices theme templates so I can send specific types to specific clients. The document upload feature is also pretty handy.
Prosstraightforward and quick to start using it. Useful invoice templates and document upload feature.
Consit doesn't look like it would be suitable for a larger business.
oluwatobi O.
April 14, 2017

“SlickPie is amazingly cheap”

OverallWhat I like best about SlickPie is its cost-benefit rate. We switched to SlickPie because it offers tons of features and benefits that would cost us a lot of money in most of the other accounting software out there.
ProsFree
ConsNone
April 14, 2017
Debra S.
NA
February 13, 2018

“It looks like it would be really good - if the site ever loads after the login page.”

OverallNone. The site wouldn't load after log in.
ProsIf I'm ever able to log in, I'll let you know. Now I'm wondering where my registration details went to. I suppose, it hasn't cost anything to do nothing, I hope.
ConsAs above. It doesn't load after log in. If I'm ever able to log in - and frankly I'm not likely to try again.

By SlickPie on February 14, 2018
Hi there, We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your feedback. We were having a technical update that lasted for a couple of hours and the app wasn't supposed to load during that process, but now that's done. Please feel free to give it a try at any time now and everything should work as seamless as usual. Thank you and enjoy a great day. The SlickPie Team
February 13, 2018
Long P.
CEO & Founder
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
April 19, 2017

April 19, 2017
Nikki B.
March 17, 2017

“This is a wonderful product. ”

OverallWow! I am amazed at this product. It is great and very easy to use. I am going to recommend this to all my friends. The best part is that anyone can use it and you don't have to get a lot of training to use it,
March 17, 2017
Radner R.
June 15, 2016

“Great App for Small Businesses”

OverallIt was super easy to learn - I was comfortable with it after a few videos and training material. The dashboard is nice and makes it easy to track the progress of my business, and I can do all my transactions within a few minutes. I recommend it if you're a small company - not a big one.
Pros-Super easy-to-use -Awesome interface -Great support
Cons-They don't offer enough complex functionalities for bigger businesses
June 15, 2016
ishe g.
November 2, 2016

“is quit attrictive to see the add and we will comment when we use and see how does this is”

OverallWe are the newly organization we don have much knowlodge. but i am intresting to buy my onw packag which i can download and use not online always that my importatnt
November 2, 2016
Kale B.
September 10, 2016

“I like it”

OverallThis is a good app, go for it. It's simple and easy to use and it doesn't require you to be an accounting genius to handle it. You can get the hang of it with little usage, and after that you'll face no challenges at all. I'm a freelancer and this app is all I need to run my finances.
ProsIt's a simple and easy to use app
ConsA couple invoice themes would be nice
September 10, 2016
Jayalakshmi K.
Associate accountant
Insurance, 51-200 employees
January 7, 2019

“Automatic transaction”

ProsThis software is very useful for freelancers. Effort less, Small firm people also can access easily. It have major advantage like, getting information from bills and convert into digital data. And there is no need of manual work for entering invoices. We can also collect the vendor name, transaction date, due date amt and tax too. This softwate is not much more expensive for small business people.
ConsIts a Ultimate tool because we can store and retrieve accounting information from cloud. But bit difficulty for beginners.
January 7, 2019
Rochelle Anniza R.
Proprietor
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

“Easy to use, slick”

OverallI do not have accounting background so I had to go thru all the tutorials and help articles at first, but now I do not find any trouble using SlickPie. The tutorial video is very helpful at the beginning to help me start up my business system. The support team is very helpful and they response immediately to my problem. This saves me a lot of time and I can get back to my business immediately. It is not a hard program to master, but if you have zero accounting knowledge you will have to read some stuff first (unless you want really simple things like sending invoices, then you would be good to go from the start).
ProsExcellent support team
ConsI think, in-app wizards would be a great addition.
Recommendations to other buyersEmail support works best.
Carlo L.

November 7, 2017
Ayushi M.
Student
March 16, 2018

“Very easy to use, manages invoicing”

ProsThis application tracks your invoices, manages payables and receivables and is very efficient. Has met my expectations.
March 16, 2018