GivePulse Ratings

Overall
4.8/5

About GivePulse

Manage schedules and sign-ups, or let volunteers and donors oversee their own account. You may set up an application process, place members into specific private groups, manage sign-ups and registrations, communicate with each cohort or individual, and most importantly keep track attendance and their impact. Take a video tour, sign up for a free account, and tier up only if you want more administrators or additional features to customize the look and feel of the portal or emails. Learn more about GivePulse

Austin K.
ITASA former President
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
January 25, 2019

“Best Bang for your Buck”

OverallWe started using this since 2014, which is in their early years. It's been really cool to see GivePulse grow and add more and more features through the years. At some point in 2016 or so we had to have broken some record of for e-mailing their support email so much! They were always responsive and let us know if something was in the works or when it was user error they were very sweet about providing directions and training. Since 2016 we have been using it to streamline our conference registration for a series of collegiate aged conferences our nonprofit does across the country.
ProsGivePulse is such an affordable AND flexible solution for not only volunteer management but event ticketing and donations. You'd be hard pressed to find something that does more than they do at a competent level. I love that they don't nickel and dime you on each feature nor cap you on volunteers. Our group started by using the free version and we were able to do so much. Eventually, we realized we wanted access to the advanced features as well and selected a paid subscription.
ConsThere's definitely a bit of a learning curve at the beginning due to the level of customization they provide, but once you set it up it's solid! I also did notice that you have to realize there's A LOT of clickable areas that have more settings/features to customize. Users who are not as tech savvy might need more hand holding on the admin side, but for volunteers it hasn't been a problem.
January 25, 2019
Cameron B.
10,001+ employees
July 7, 2016

“Tons of Opportunities and Easy to Use!”

OverallGivePulse was extremely easy to use on my own. I learned how to use the system on my own and have been a user ever since. I have used GivePulse for my service learning courses, organizations, and individual volunteering opportunities to become more involved. The system is very easy to navigate and the website is very appealing to volunteers looking for new opportunities to explore what they want to do while being heavily involved in my community. Additionally, I can show the impacts I've made easily, so my community involvement is more tangible and easily visualized.
ProsEasy to use; Learned on my own; Volunteer search bar, Dashboard and impact heat map
ConsOverwhelming amount of features to new users
Recommendations to other buyersDon't be afraid to click around and explore the various pages of GivePulse, I didn't discover many of it's capabilities for many months of use and probably still havent... So Explore!
Higher Education, 10,001+ employees
August 13, 2019

“GivePulse for Volunteer Entries”

OverallGivePulse is helping us track who is volunteering for our organization as well as how many hours they are contributing overall and to specific events. We will continue to use GP even though it is not really easy to understand or navigate. It solves the current problem of tracking and maintaining volunteer hours.
ProsEasy to enter in volunteer entries. You can pull reports of specific events and compile a list of hours for specific people. You can also see how much time each volunteer has contributed to your organization.
ConsNot very easy to use or understand. Even though I've been using GP for a year I still get lost within the software. There are so many different pathways to get to one simple thing. It gets very confusing and frustrating. I wish it was more intuitive.
August 13, 2019
Mehlum K.
student
10,001+ employees

“Volunteering made easy!”

OverallI used GivePulse when registering for different volunteer opportunities that I needed to complete for my scholarship with ULN at UT. Every ULN student was required to have an account, and be within the ULN subgroup, under the UT umbrella.
ProsGivePulse made it very easy to sign up for the things I wanted to sign up for. If I wanted to sign up for a specific job at an event, I was able to do that. They also have a nifty graph on my dashboard that shows me how many "impacts" I log.
ConsSlightly complicated to use, navigation can be tricky
May 28, 2018

“Easy way to keep track of volunteers”

ProsI've volunteered for a few events with GivePulse and it made it very easy to signup and get information regarding the event. Easy for event coordinators to contact me via email and it kept track of the volunteer hours I've logged through the site
ConsNone that I can think of so far... The interface could be a little difficult for new users but I found it one of the easier ones to navigate

By GivePulse on June 1, 2018
Thank you for your review! Happy to hear you are having such a good experience with GivePulse.
May 28, 2018
Melyssa V.
Media Production, 1-10 employees
July 8, 2016

“Easy to use website for volunteer events!”

OverallI started using it to volunteer for the Austin Animal Center and it's been a great experience overall. The look of the website is well thought out and the Impacts feature is a nice touch.
July 8, 2016