Budgyt Ratings

Overall

About Budgyt

Starting at $99/month, affordable Business Budgeting and Financial Reporting for Small to Midsize Companies and Nonprofits. Save 80% of the time and expense of building and managing multiple department or project budgets compared to spreadsheets. Budgyt is a highly adaptable cloud-based budgeting and reporting solution that is extremely user friendly for both financial and non-financial members of your team. Learn more about Budgyt

Aileen Z.
Consultant
December 12, 2017

“So easy to learn! It's like the crystal ball for budgeting!”

ProsIn the past I juggled several spreadsheets for budgeting, each with different formulas and variables to manage each line item by location. With Budgyt, I can type the formulas directly into the software and everything carries over with the appropriate detail and notes! If I insist on having a spreadsheet to share with the team, I can simply store spreadsheet in the software and tell it which line to read. It not only saved me from a multitude of excel tabs but also gave me the ability to budget and forecast in a fraction of the time and energy! I started using this when our business was just an idea and now we have 4 open retail stores for Everafter and 1 + 2 upcoming for The Westside. Budgeting between the brands under the parent company has been surprisingly simple with Budgyt's ability to customize and target formulas and inputs to certain groups.
Sandeep K.
Director, Finance
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
September 27, 2018

“Much Better Than Excel!”

OverallThe benefit with Budgyt is getting rid of the need to use Excel as the primary location to house all the budget data. Sharing permissions are excellent, so now all managers can access their budgets, submit changes, and get approvals all within this software. Their CEO is really awesome, has taken a lot of his personal time to get on a call with me and show me the ropes. He has also been real welcoming of the feedback I have provided.
ProsOnce you get the hang of how the software works, it's easy to enter, update, and recall information within the platform. We got tired of spending hours fixing Excel formulas and formats, and with Budgyt, we can spend more time analyzing our financial progress. I also like their integration with Xero - it means it automatically imports actual financial data.
ConsNothing to dislike here. The software already does a good job at what it's supposed to. There can be a bit of a learning curve when using the function formulas, and I haven't had a chance to fully utilize their HR module. There are always lots of features that can add to the software, and I am glad this company continues to deploy resources towards feature releases and fixes.
Denise W.
Office Administrator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2017

“The sales, training and support have been invested in making Budgyt fit our needs in a system. ”

OverallKnowing that there were no mistakes in my excel formulas - so piece of mind when presenting the budgets to our boards and committees the the numbers are correct.
ProsWe needed something to replace excel for our budget process. We wanted to be able to create separate budgets for each of our corps initiatives and roll up the data as well as allocate overhead expenses to each Corps. Budgyt does that for us without the worry of having mistakes in an excel formula. It makes it easy for employees to enter their own data without the need for me to reenter the data into a "master" spreadsheet. We are also taking advantage of adding supporting documents and notes to the budget detail - which will be great for looking back 6 months into the year when we want to know what those dollars were for. For all the functionality in the software I think the price on the product is GREAT! I looked at other products that were easily 10 x as much and were doing just about the same thing. I highly recommend Budgyt software! I also like the fact that it is a web based product, nothing to download, install or backup.
ConsThere is a lot of clicking to get to editing a line item. Would like a bit more flexibility in reporting. We are relatively new users of Budgyt. For both of these items it could be that we have not worked with it long enough yet.
Alex D.
Finance & S&OP Manager
September 25, 2017

“Awesome Tool! Just What We Needed to Take Budgeting to the Next Level!”

ProsFirst, Budgyt has a great team. Customer support representative has been incredibly responsive to our questions and really helped get things started for us. Once we started to use the tool, we found that it was both intuitive and very powerful. Our non-financial team members love being able to add new line items and document the assumptions behind their budgets.
ConsThere isn't much not to like about Budgyt! The only thing I can think is that there are a few features that are in the works that are not live yet. For instance, it would be nice to be able to control account access ad the level of cost center and account so that folks could have access to an account in one cost center, but not have access to that same account in other cost centers. ALl of this is minor stuff and I strongly believe that James will work to resolve these items.

By Budgyt on October 13, 2018
Alex, As you know we have this feature now to control user access by cost center and by category.
Jason K.
Senior Director Finance
Philanthropy, 51-200 employees
September 14, 2019

“Budget consolidation software - Budgyt”

OverallThis product dramatically speeds our budget building process. Replaces spreadsheets entirely. Business users like it, and spend more time planning the business and less time wrestling with spreadsheets. Consolidation is easy, and error free.
ProsMultiple versions of working budgets, very easy to consolidate the final budget, and interface to Microsoft Dynamics GP.
ConsThis is a very good software, by the nature of the work it doesn't lend itself to small mobile devices.
September 14, 2019
Frances S.
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
July 18, 2017

“We have always struggled with budgeting and have longed for something that made the process easy. ”

Overalltransparency from all our systems as they all feed into the software.
ProsAccessible by multiple teams, easy to input and adapt data, great measurement features for comparatives.
ConsOnce the reports are generated they are easily printable. Would love to print using the browser. Other than that I have no issues with this software at all.

By Budgyt on September 25, 2017
The Excel reports that we have are formatted for printing already. We are adding Crystal Reports for PDF viewing as well.
July 18, 2017
Paul R.
Treasurer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
May 7, 2018

“Budgyt has brought our finance department to the next level. Essential for any growing organization.”

ProsOur non-profit organization relies on a flexible approach to managing our finances, so it is critical to have data organized and presented the way we need it. Budgyt is highly customizable and can fit most, if not any, accounts structure.
ConsThe administrative learning curve is a bit steep, but not unexpected given the powerful tools available in this software. Program administrators should expect to spend anywhere from several weeks to a couple of months with the software before they feel comfortable with the program.
May 7, 2018
Gwen V.
CFO
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees

“User Friendly”

OverallSuch an improvement from my excel days of budgeting. I have nothing negative to say about this product. They've done a great job at getting me exactly what I needed. We are not a huge company so I didn't need these very cumbersome and expensive systems. Budgyt was just what I needed and fit perfectly in our budget.
ProsVery user friendly. So easy to get information in and out of the system.
ConsI have been using excel so this was such an improvement for me. There wasn't anything that I found that I didn't like. Looking forward to gaining more knowledge on using it.
Fran B.
Director of Operations and Human Resources
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees
March 22, 2017

“Director of Operations and HR”

OverallI came to use Budgyt as we were expanding our sales force and needed a forecasting tool. Not only was Budgyt easy to use but it allowed me to build comparative reports by rep and by account which was what I needed. Our rep has been spectacular in terms of his support and ability to build a bridge between our data and Budgyt. I would highly recommend this application for budgeting, forecasting, target compare and territory compare.
ProsCompare feature by rep and by territory as I've defined it.
ConsSometimes the reporting tool takes a few minutes. I wish it was instantaneous

By Budgyt on March 22, 2017
March 22, 2017
Enrique F.
Accounting Manager
Consumer Electronics, 51-200 employees
September 27, 2018

“As a Startup, Budgyt was what we needed to track our spend. ”

OverallBudgyt has helped us to better track expenses and hold departments accountable for their spend. Before, our Company used excel and with that it was a lot of manual input and verifying calculations.
ProsBudgyt in the grand scheme of things is easy to use. You can create calculations for payroll, taxes, revenue, and cogs. You can create budgets by department and also import the actuals from Quickbooks to do month, quarter or annual comparisons.
ConsIt does take time to understand and calculate the formulas, but once you get use to it, it is a lot simpler to do future ones. In addition, customer support can assist to help you start them. I do wish they could add budgets greater than 1 year, but this might coming in future software releases.
Gregory D.
Corporate Controller
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
March 20, 2019

“Never Use Excel for Budgeting Again!”

OverallOverall, Budgyt took all of those troublesome spreadsheets for each department and cost center and condensed it into an easy way to input, track and view the information. Would recommend this tool to anyone who wants to save time, money and frustration during the budgeting process.
ProsEasy to input data, create multiple budgets, track changes and view not only individual cost centers, but also entire entities.
ConsSome of the reports took a while to run based on the needed detail.
Jay G.
April 4, 2017

“great budgeting tool”

OverallI am a big fan of BUDGYT. It really was a game changer for our growing business. Incredibly flexible and the reporting tools are great. It also allows you to be incredibly granular which is incredibly important to me. Further, the BUDGYT team is very responsive to queries and diligently spends a good amount of time walking me thru how to fix or do something. I highly recommend.

By Budgyt on April 4, 2017
April 4, 2017
Scott H.
CFO
December 12, 2017

“Pretty easy moving from Excel to Budgyt distributed platform”

ProsThe ability to distribute work with controlled GL accounts built in the user interface, working with James on configuration to tailor our business processes and access from anywhere with the cloud solution
ConsHaven't figured out all the tricks to take advantage of all the capabilities. There are a number of reporting capabilities I do not totally understand.
James H.
Controller
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
October 5, 2018

“Great Solution for our needs”

ProsThe software is easy to build and customize to your specific needs. Its easy to upload & download the data from the product. Our Managers are loving it compared to what we used to use.
ConsDid not 100% fit our budget model as far are building formulas. We do have a couple that we have to manually calculate and enter in.
October 5, 2018