TrackSmart Scheduling Ratings

Overall

About TrackSmart Scheduling

TrackSmart Scheduling helps your small business quickly plan work shifts and lets employees see their schedules anywhere, anytime from a computer, phone or tablet at an affordable price. Plus, employees can communicate and swap shifts on their own, allowing you and your managers to get back to business. Employees can clock in and out and you can create payroll reports to efficiently manage your labor costs. Try it free - no credit card required. Learn more about TrackSmart Scheduling

Miriam C.
HR Administrator
Human Resources, 51-200 employees
December 2, 2016

“An HR Solution for Timesheets and Time Tracking!”

OverallI tested TrackSmart for about a year before selecting it from among several others as our HR solution. It was the most fitting to our needs, our users didn't need any formal training in order to be able to use it, the price was within our budget, and we were finally able to do away with unsigned, handwritten timesheets. As a bonus, timesheets would now follow a proper review and approval process, and there is even a free downloadable app for users to be able to complete timesheets and request time off. However, TrackSmart still has much room to grow, as many items we've been requiring of our ideal HR solution are still missing here. In particular, I have requested a field in each user's time bank to show how many vacation/sick/PTO/etc. they have for the year in total, as the program will only show you what you have accrued/available and what has been used, but no total of how much you will accrue for the year as a whole. It also does not automatically calculate California daily overtime, so our California timesheets must be manually calculated each week. Would also love to have a section on each user's dashboard for links to external websites and where documents may be uploaded to be shared with users upon login. The great thing is, through communication with TrackSmart's customer support team, they have been responsive in listening to their users and implementing changes as they are made aware of user needs. All in all, with what TrackSmart currently delivers, and the promise of more great features to come, I am super pleased with the application and look forward to the future of our HR needs becoming easier to manage and track. Thanks!
ProsTimesheet approval, detailed setup of time banks (PTO, Vacation, Sick, etc.), calendar option on the dashboard.
Cons1 - Does not calculate daily overtime for California timesheets. 2 - No way of knowing how many Vacation/sick/PTO/etc. days in total you are allowed to receive for the year (only able to view what has been accrued/available and what has been used). 3 - Timesheets may only be saved/printed individually, not as a group.
Recommendations to other buyers1 - Please provide California daily overtime calculation feature for users in California. 2 - Please provide a field in each employee's time bank for each time bank the employee is eligible for to show how many days they are entitled to receive for the year, based on how their time bank(s) have been setup. 3 - Allow Select all checkboxes in Timesheets grid to allow all or a selected group of timesheets to be saved/printed as a group, even after they have been approved.
Jo H.
Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

“Summertime Scheduler”

OverallI have used TrackSmart scheduler for the past 3 years. I am a manager of a pool and use it to schedule my lifeguard staff. The staff loves it because of the mobile app - they can give up shifts, swap shifts and see who is working all from the app. I also use the time clock function. This allows me to check to see who is working and when they started. It also allows our payroll person to access the payroll from anywhere, even when she is on vacation. As soon as I have approved the hours, she can do whatever she needs to. The whole program, from scheduler to mobile app is easy to use and very functional. I love being able to access the information from anywhere, especially when I am off site. Also, the ability to have a monthly contract is also convenient since I am a seasonal employer. I start it in the spring and I turn it off in the fall. I honestly don't know how I would schedule without this program.
ProsIt is so easy to use and set up. It is easy for my lifeguards who are mostly teenagers. It is difficult to get teens to do anything these days, but they love the ability to trade and switch their shift, and the app makes it so easy to do so.
Cons1. The swap function is not available on the app. That would be so great to have as most of my lifeguards don't want to just give up their hours - they would much rather swap. 2. As the manager, I can't get notifications who is giving up shifts. I get an email when one is taken, but I lose a little bit of scheduling control when I don't know that they shifts are being given up. I would like to get notified just as the guards do.
Sean G.
Administrative Manager
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
December 14, 2016

“Great product... could use some improvements”

OverallI've loved the TrackSmart product since incorporating into our business. However, the one thing the product is lacking is real-time (database) synchronization with Outlook Calendars. Because we use Outlook so heavily in regards to the different calendars we utilized from an organization standpoint, it would be nice if our TrackSmart attendance data would sync with Outlook in this regard. For example, one of the calendars we use in-house is a field operations calendar. Because there are so many people in the mix when scheduling/planning field operations, the one thing that's always missed is to see who is on vacation. What we have to do is have a separate "vacation" calendar within Outlook so people can overlay this with the field ops calendar so they don't schedule someone who is on vacation. This works, except for when someone forgets to put someone or themselves on the vacation calendar. With TrackSmart being centrally managed, it would be real nice if the attendance data entered into it would sync with our vacation calendar so they match. This would result in us not having those "uh-oh" moments because data was entered into one but not the other... it happens. If you guys could figure this out, you would have a 5-star rating across the board.
ProsEase of use and overall look & feel of website/product. Flexible pricing plans.
ConsNo Outlook sync feature so in-house calendars match what is on TrackSmart.
Recommendations to other buyersPlease work out the Outlook sync feature... this would be a huge time-saving tool and ensure our in-house calendar matches our TrackSmart calendar.
Mark R.
Entertainment, 1-10 employees

“A Life Saver!”

Overall I love TrackSmart. It has been an absolute lifesaver in running my business. I create a work schedule and publish it to my employees and then I am out of the loop. If they have a conflict and can't make or don't want a shift, they offer it up and other employees can grab it if they want the extra hours. The system keeps track to make sure that nobody is taking too many hours and moving into overtime pay situation. I can easily view the work balance between employees with a single click. At the end of the pay period, with just a couple of keystrokes, I get a report of the total number of hours worked by each employee. The employees use the smartphone app to manage their work schedule as well as clocking in and out. It's amazing to me how simple the system is. It's exactly everything I was looking for in a scheduling system.
Pros Very simple to use. Employees can trade shifts without me being involved. Reporting at the end of the pay period is easy. The mobile app makes it simple for employees to clock in and out.
Cons I would like to be able to have my "standard schedule" that I can start with when creating a work schedule. The system does allow me to copy the schedule from past weeks but that will always include shifts that have been swapped out. I want to be able to start with my baseline schedule.
Jenny B.
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
December 5, 2017

“We use TrackSmart to manage our employees time off.”

OverallI love that I don't have to manually keep track of our employees' time off. It's easy to make calculation errors when doing it by hand. It's also a great tracking tool because it allows us to see which day an employee submitted a request for time off.
ProsIt's very easy to use. Our employees can look at the calendar to see what days are available to take since we can only have one person per department gone at one time. The reports are very helpful as well.
ConsThe program doesn't link with Outlook so when I approve someone's time off, I have to go to the Executive's calendar and put it there as well. It would be great if they would link. The other problem is that the employees can only see that another employee's name is on a date, not if they're taking the whole day or just two hours for a doctors appointment.
December 5, 2017
Kathleen L.
51-200 employees
December 2, 2016

“Fischer Connectors - Awesome Experience”

OverallWe needed a solution to the paper tracking of PTO. After some research, TrackSmart was selected for a few reasons. First, the set up was easy from the start. Second, training was a breeze for our staff and everyone could use the app right away after the initial set up. I used the 30-day trial to test and worked with TrackSmart with questions. I knew after a week that we would benefit from this service. There is no another company out there (at the time of my membership) that fit the bill as far as price, service and overall options. I would recommend TrackSmart to any company that needs a solid and proven application for PTO tracking.
ProsEase of use, reporting structure, price, customer service
ConsIt would be good to know when any upgrades happen so companies can make sure they have downloaded accurate records prior to the upgrade. We had an issue with an upgrade that messed up our PTO totals. It took some time but we worked with TrackSmart to resolve.
Recommendations to other buyersYou guys are on the right track and getting better every day so just keep doing what you're doing.
Alyson M.
Signage Coordinator
Medical Practice, 5001-10,000 employees
January 22, 2019

“Tracking Attendance, Days off & such has NEVER been easier!”

OverallIf you're looking for an efficient and simple way to track attendance, know which employees are on the clock in real time, know exactly how many hours someone has worked all with a couple of clicks (and SO much more info right at your fingertips), then you've got to check out TrackSmart. You honestly won't believe how simple your life will be and how much time you'll save!
ProsThe ability to track schedules, easily swap employee shifts and even create recurring schedules are the three things I value most about TrackSmart. Of the software I've used, TrackSmart absolutely makes things easiest and is by far the fastest to learn.
ConsI can't even think of a single thing that I dislike about TrackSmart. The one time I couldn't figure something out, Customer Support was so quick to respond and knew exactly how to help me within less than a minute.
January 22, 2019
Stacey G.
Construction, 11-50 employees
January 5, 2017

“Great Software, Updates would make it even better”

OverallI use track smart for our business of 50 employees. It has freed up time for processing and tracking vacation accruals for sure. It also makes it a breeze to see who else is off when you receive a vacation request. Potential conflicts or other company events that may be going on. This is wonderful and leaves little room for conflicting vacation schedules. One improvement that could be made to make life easier for the admin is to have each employees time off bank balances show on the employee list screen. So that I don't have to research each employee individually to find balances. A quick glance at the employee screen for that important info would be great! Otherwise a great software.
ProsHow easy it is for employees to input their requests
ConsManagers cannot edit or adjust their employee requests for them.
Recommendations to other buyersMake it so that managers can adjust time off requests for their employees Make bank totals available on the employee list screen.
January 5, 2017
Kathleen M.
Human Resources & Operations Manager
Insurance, 11-50 employees
December 14, 2016

“TrackSmart makes HR a breeze!”

OverallTrackSmart has vastly improved our PTO system. Gone are the days of manually tracking on excel spreadsheets, countless disputes from employees who think their balance should be higher than what it is and so on. The only thing I REALLY wish I could do on TrackSmart is load PTO banks for the coming year before the year starts (i.e. I wish I could load the 2017 time banks and approve 2017 time off requests... instead they just have to sit as pending until after 1/1/2017).
ProsEmployees can keep track of their own PTO balances rather than dispute with managers. They can also see their balances so it reduces the number of inquiries management receives.
ConsInability to load next year's time bank before the year hits.
Tammy D.
Office Admin
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees
June 7, 2017

“ TrackSmart Attendance”

OverallIt's a great place to enter all my employees and keep tracking of who is here and who is not and why.
ProsEasy to use for the most part. It's fairly user friendly and it's easy to understand how to mark an employee
ConsStalls a lot and the customer service reps just seem to blame my computer for that, even though my other visits to websites don't have the same issues. Also has some glitches. I also wish I could create some of my own categories. If the glitches were gone, I could create my own category and it didn't stall so much I would absolutely love it.
June 7, 2017
Alecia T.
Director of Human Resources
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

“Runs great reports”

OverallIt's a simple way for us to track our employees time, start date and vacation, sick time etc. It would be nice to have some additional features but understand how to use it the way it is. Example: It would be nice to be able to show what will be the total annual accumulation of vacation time at a glance in advance of the time being added monthly.
ProsRunning reports
ConsNot being able to see total annual vacation allotment in advance of the time being added to the bank's monthly - it was set up this way for a reason but would be nice to have that one added feature rather than have to do math each time
Jocelyn K.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
December 2, 2016

“Convenient and affordable, but unreliable”

OverallThe first couple of years this worked well, which was great since it's considerably less costly than most systems. However, during the past year an update was made to their system, and several times since, there have been random changes made to the numbers of hours that had been entered. The first time this happened, I thought I had done something. But the second time it happened, I started browsing their Help section, and there was a section saying that this had occurred due to an upgrade they'd done. I give their customer support 2 stars because I think this should have been sent out as an announcement as soon as it happened, rather than keeping this info buried in their help section. Also, the last (third time) this happened, when I contacted their support, I was told the problem had been "all fixed," when of course it had not. We are a small nonprofit so probably cannot afford a different system. Hopefully, they can at some point resolve this bug in their system. If they do, I would recommend the system as efficient and cost-effective. In the meantime, luckily, I always make sure figures in the system are accurate and make a hard copy a couple of days prior to the new year and a couple of days after so I have something solid to check against when these system errors arise.
ProsIt's easy to enter information and generate reports for a cost-effective fee compared to other systems.
ConsIt has been very unreliable due to a bug in the system which periodically causes it to arbitrarily change the number of hours that had been entered.
Recommendations to other buyersCustomer service needs to be more pro-active about letting clients know of any problems with the system.
Kris H.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

“Tracksmart Review”

OverallReally like the program. Like that our employees can submit PTO requests to their supervisors for approval and that they can also track how much PTO they have used and have remaining. allowing employees the ability to track their own time off save our HR department a lot of time. It would be nice if we could delete the time off banks that we do not use. we have been using this system for the last couple of years and our employees seem to really like it , previously we had a manual system using a Excel spreadsheet. this is a real step up.
Prosemployees submit request to supervisors and they can track their own PTO
ConsTime off banks are not editable
Don W.
Senior Pastor
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
December 2, 2016

“Perfect for a small company”

OverallWe are a small company with 12 employees, but all the legal responsibilities to our employees of a big company. Track Smart helps us manage important work week scheduling, manage hours of employees, coordinate time off communication, keep a record of important HR dates, and many other issues that tend to get lost in the shuffle.
ProsEase of use, attractive interface, reporting, calendars for seeing time off
ConsWould like to have more options than two on time in and time out each day for hourly employees. Wish it would automatically plug in vacation hours.
Kris H.
April 13, 2018

“Track Employee PTO”

ProsEmployee's like the mobile app and how easy it is to request time off. As an administrator I like all the available reports and that I can download them as Excel documents for easy editing.
ConsAs an admin I don't like that we cannot modify the time off banks. The only one we use is "PTO" and I'm having to constantly go in and modify accepted time to reflect the correct time off bank otherwise the employee's accrual will be wrong.
April 13, 2018
Stephanie G.
Human Resources/Accounts Receivable
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

“Good & Bad”

OverallThe ease of inputting time cards and time off is great! The site can be a little bogged down and slow sometimes. This gets frustrating when you have someone on the phone and need information quickly.
ProsTime Card Input, Adding Vacation & Sick Time
ConsWhen trying to find out how much vacation time someone has left gets complicated. It calculates the time that they have used and time that they have asked for. You have to be careful when letting someone know what time has been used.
Recommendations to other buyersThe site freezes up or has to "think" a lot.
Athlyn F.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
December 6, 2016

“Try it before you judge it!”

OverallI would highly recommend tracksmart to small and large corporations. The accuracy of data, the ease of use and most of all the multiplicity of reports. It made my job so easy as appose to the archaic method I was using, by putting the time off on a color-coded calendar. I like the fact that the employees can access the site as well and input time off data. A good management of time for all concerned for such a nominal cost. Less than a full-time employees salary.
Prosthe various reports
ConsThe profile page could be a little more adaptable regarding navigation
December 6, 2016
Lisa M.
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
December 2, 2016

“Tracksmart Lives up to its' Title”

OverallWe have been using Tracksmart for the past several years to monitor staff attendance, run reports and post our days off, practitioners being off to alert staff . This is helpful when they wish to request time off and/or see what their schedule will be like. It is very easy, straightforward and accessible to all. It is just as its' name suggests...Tracking done the smart way. Tracksmart
Proseasy to use
Conscould allow us to create our own reasons for time off. We do get around that with our remarks in the system though.
Jami M.
HR
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

“Jami's Review ”

OverallThe one thing I dislike, is the time out feature- I wish there were an option of setting limit on time out- or turning the feature off under our own log-in if we desire. My work station is safe and no one accesses it while I'm logged in, I prefer to have the calendar pulled up all day, because logging it takes a little time with some delays on occasion. If I could stay logged in, it would help me immensely without having to click "ok" to stay connected.
ProsCoverage of many areas
ConsTime out feature on a log-in- for my admin. account specifically.
Tami B.
VP
Real Estate, 51-200 employees

“Awesome Product”

OverallWe have been using TrackSmart for several years now and it is the best product. We do not use the time sheet feature so I can't speak for that side but the attendance tracker is awesome. It makes it easy for my employees and for me to be able to look at all time off anytime. Thanks for such a great product.
ProsBeing able to see all employees time off in one area. (calendar)
ConsI do not have any cons.
Recommendations to other buyersIt makes my life much easier than trying to keep up with time off using paper products.
Sarah M.
Financial Officer
Education Management, 51-200 employees

“Financial Officer”

OverallTrackSmart is user-friendly! We have efficiently streamlined our record keeping & communication with employees by moving to TrackSmart. We've also eliminated our time clock for hourly employees. Saving time & money :)
ProsUser-friendly both with the web version & the app.
ConsWish we had the ability to customize our accrual banks just a little bit more. Contract employee (teachers) calendar year run differently than administrative & hourly employees.
Recommendations to other buyersWe are very pleased.
Susan O.
December 2, 2016

“Makes Scheduling a Breeze”

OverallTrying to schedule 20 part-time employees was making me crazy! TrackSmart lets me enter everyone's time off requests, max hours they want to work and departments - then I hit Auto-Schedule and my month's schedule is complete! Also love that employee can access their schedules online and are able to swap shifts with my approval.
ProsLove the Auto Schedule feature which works with requested time off and maxes hours that each employee can work!
ConsWish I could lock months that are published so that I don't unintentionally change the current month when scheduling the next month.
Recommendations to other buyersGreat product for a reasonable price - a must when scheduling part-time workers.
Erica L.
HR Administrator
Computer Software, 11-50 employees

“Good, can be better”

OverallIt has made our processes for attendance tracking a lot easier. I wish it actually notifies HR Admin when the time-off request is actually approved not when it is submitted, though. Other than that, I've been really enjoying using your service.
ProsEase of use, fairly good price for what it does
ConsI mentioned briefly before, but I'd love it if it notifies HR Admin when the time-off request is approved by supervisor instead of when it is submitted by employee
Jenny B.
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
December 2, 2016

“Tracksmart works well for us”

OverallTracksmart works well for our company. We have about 25 employees so it's easy to maintain the calendar. I would be love it if Tracksmart would interface with Outlook so I wouldn't have to put vacation days in Tracksmart and then on the Executive's calendar as well. I've been asking for this for many years.
ProsIt's easy to use and my employees aren't dependent on me to help them with their time off.
ConsIt doesn't interface with Outlook
Charlene H.
Education Management, 51-200 employees

“TrackSmart! Thoughts”

OverallTrackSmart! is the best value that I have found. The cost is reasonable, especially for a non-profit like ours. It is relatively flexible and meets most of our needs.
ProsThe ease of use. The time off request aspect is great.
ConsI wish it could have classes of employees so that our teachers (who do not fill out time sheets) would not have time sheets assigned to them unless we wanted them to have time sheets.
Beth M.
Adminstrator
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
December 14, 2016

“Central Nephrology - MS”

OverallTracksmart is user friendly, accurate, and inexpensive. Great product for our size office. Offers webinars to keep me updated on regulations. Friendly and helpful customer service. I recommend it.
ProsEasy setup - ease of use
ConsAttendance information goes away at year end. Terrible! There should be a way to retrieve year end information even after it has cleared out for January.
Harmony V.
Marketing Coordinator
Events Services, 11-50 employees

“One year user”

OverallOverall great software. Used it to manage brand ambassadors in multiple markets. Scheduled 300 plus events a month. Would like for staff to be able to text through the system to each other. Would like to have all information included in the sheets when you download the unscheduled shifts.
ProsEasy to use, good mobile app
ConsWhen you download the unpublished shifts it does not include the notes and other info.
Recommendations to other buyersWe used this to schedule brand ambassadors in multiple markets. There isn't a software I have found that is catered to that field. This is the best so far.
Kathi H.
Bookkeeper
Legal Services, 1-10 employees

“Great timeclock program”

OverallAs the bookkeeper and payroll person for our small law firm, and working remotely, this program has been great for me to know when someone is out ill and to calculate their hourly wages without physically being in the office. The program is easy to use and lets us set up specific log in stations so that employees cannot log in from just anywhere. I highly recommend it.
ProsEasy to use; Able to log in and run reports from any location
ConsThe reports have a few more clicks than I like to get to what I need. Saving a shortcut to my desired reports would be a nice feature.
Inna K.
HR Manager / Controller
Law Practice, 51-200 employees

“Tracksmart Review”

OverallI like the software, only issues are that it is very slow sometimes and freezes, definitely not my computer issue and that the bank of days resets at the beginning of the new year and I don't see a report that I can run to check what days were left from the previous year.
Proseasy to use
Consruns slow often & doesn't have a report for remaining days in the bank from prior year
Caleb C.
Operations Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
December 2, 2016

“Great Site for Our Small Buisness”

OverallAs a Non-Profit, we needed good time clock and scheduling system that wouldn't break the bank. TrackSmart has worked for all our needs including requesting and tracking time off for employees. It has been easy to use and the reporting features for our payroll are perfect. It does take a bit to get familiar with how it works but you will get the hang of it and then it's pretty simple. We've had no problems and plan to keep it as our time and scheduling site for years to come.
ProsIt provides everything we need in one site. the additional App for clocking in and out works great for our employees that don't always come to the office
ConsSome of the scheduling features could be a little more simple and easier to use.
Recommendations to other buyersNone, It really works well.
David R.
VP
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
December 15, 2016

“Easy to Use”

OverallWe find TrackSmart an easy way to keep everyone informed of individual and company events. The software is easy to use and very flexible.
ProsEasy to use
ConsAt times the program gets hung up requiring a restart to clear the issue. It would also be nice if the software rejected an approval if the individual does not have time remaining.
December 15, 2016
Diane K.
Agency Manager
Insurance, 1-10 employees
December 14, 2016

“Love the way it keeps my office organized! ”

OverallTime off requests have never so easy! Daily reminders of birthdays, employee anniversaries, and conflicting appointments make it easy to never forget something important again! I would highly recommend this program to anyone!
ProsReminders!!
ConsI wish time off requests or any important dates were emailed as a reminder 24 hours prior to the event.
Tracy M.
Controller
Automotive, 11-50 employees

“Tracksmart Program”

OverallVery good program for tracking paid time off and timesheet info. Eliminates all the paper we used to shuffle back in forth when we tracked things manually. Worth every penny.
ProsEase of use, cloud-based, cell phone Apps
ConsSometimes the program would not run. You would have to log on later. There was not really a phone number to call for help and if you put the complaint in the forum, the response or resolution would be weeks later if at all.
Recommendations to other buyersIt's a good program just needs better help options.
Ann B.
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
December 14, 2016

“Totally Awesome software ”

OverallCan track everything I need to. Great reports and employees can request time off online. They can also see how much PTO / Vacation the have. I would recommend
ProsVery user-friendly Great Reports
ConsNeed to be able to put customer own "reasons for missing work" Some we need are not in the list
Susan C.
Principal
Furniture, 11-50 employees

“Attendance Record”

OverallIt has been a system that works well for our company purposes. We have had a little hiccup with its ability to work with Safari but I understand you are working on the compatibility. Hopefully, that will be fairly soon.
ProsEase of use.
ConsNot being able to see the hours available for an employee by the list of the names.
Seth H.
Vice President
Building Materials, 1-10 employees
December 2, 2016

“TrackSmart and small business. ”

OverallAs small business managers often wear many hats. In my case, HR is one of mine. I am very pleased with TrackSmart and the ability to record all the necessary areas for my 12 employees. The price is very reasonable and I will continue to be a customer.
ProsEase of use
ConsSome of the trackings could be more specific
Recommendations to other buyersuse it.
Elias L.
Sales Director
Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

“Best Value for Money”

OverallThe scheduler is the easiest to use among any other program that I had tried in the past. I am managing over 90 employees in 10 different sites, with minimum effort. I strongly recommend it.
ConsCustomer Support
Recommendations to other buyersNeeds to update some features, like the auto scheduler. It does not work as is should.
Joseph T.
CFO
Computer Software, 11-50 employees

“Tracksmart Review”

OverallWe love it, with one exception. It would be beneficial if the calendar showed the total hour's someone was absent. When just looking at the calendar, you can not tell if someone is out for 1 hour or 8 hours.
ProsEase of use, web based, app
Conscalendar view lacking # of hours absent for that day.
Pamela J.
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

“Great Timekeeping System”

OverallThis makes it easy for me to track hours, time off & PTO. I look forward to future updates to make it even better.
Prosease of use
ConsI would like the ability to print a Calendar report for a monthly time period, not just a year.
Jasmine V.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

“Makes life easier”

OverallGreat tool to take the work out of managing time off requests, calendaring, and totaling time sheets!
ProsThe reports will save you time in the short term and long term.
ConsCan take some time to teach new hires how to use.
Recommendations to other buyersTry it, you won't go back!
Teresa O.
Paralegal
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
December 2, 2016

“Great for our small business!”

OverallEasy to use and meets the needs of our small business. I wish there were a couple of tweaks like maybe different colors for sick vs. vacation days. Minor in the grand scheme. Definite time saver in tracking absences. Report function is great.
ProsReport features, weekly email and seeing the calendar. Able to add new employees and their info quickly.
Conscolor coding - wish there was a different visible color used for the type of absence. Ex. green for vacation and red for illness. I know this would be difficult given the number of reasons available - but at least having the option would be nice.
Tara S.
Administative Assistatn
Philanthropy, 51-200 employees
May 24, 2018

“Tracksmart Attendance - needs some feature updates”

OverallWe have not noticed any updates to Tracksmart since we began using it 3 years ago. I am considering looking for something else.
ProsWe have been using Track Smart for 3 years. Generally it is easy for employees to enter time and PTOs. The reports are ok.
ConsIf there is a change to be made, all employees have to come to the administrator to make the change. I wish we could eliminate all the extra banks of time... we only use PTO so I have to go in a manage it every month if the supervisors don't select the correct bank. PTOs for time off are counted on the first day of the time off. We pay bi-monthly so this has messed up some hourly workers - for example if an employee takes 5 days off and it starts on the 14th and ends on the 19th - all of the time off will go onto the 14th. The Supervisors do not receive notification when a time sheet is submitted.
May 24, 2018
Pat L.
Office Administrator
Real Estate, 11-50 employees

“TrackSmart Rocks!”

OverallWe have been using TrackSmart for several years and overall we have had a very good experience with the product and the support.
ProsEase of use
ConsCan be a little tricky when adjusting "time banks"
Sharon V.
Director of Administration
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
December 14, 2016

“Can't live without TrackSmart”

OverallTrackSmart has been extremely helpful in tracking attendance for my employees. It is easy to navigate..simple to use and the customer service is amazing!
Prosease of use
Conssometimes it takes longer to load
faith c.
Human Resources

“New to Human Resources”

ProsEverything is in one place. I am new to HR and this program makes my job much easier so that I can work on other things and not have to worry about who or who did not give me a time sheet or a time off request because it is all here on this one program!
ConsIt is not very efficient for tracking accrual hours
Melanie C.
Executive Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
February 23, 2019

“An Affordable Timecard System”

OverallI have a large staff and so changing organizational systems is always a little nerve wracking. TrackSmart Attendance was surprisingly easy to implement, and I got very little push back from staff. So overall, I've been VERY pleased with it. It also has a good price point.
ProsI've used several attendance tracker programs, and TrackSmart has been one of the easiest and most flexible that I've experienced. I especially appreciate two things: 1. it is easy to use without a lot of managerial administration and 2. it is a great way to track paid time off. The system is very easy to set up to work with most organizational time off policies.
ConsThere was very little in terms of drawbacks of this software. It is flexible enough to work with our PTO policy and it is very easy in terms of manager administration and employee use.
February 23, 2019
Luke M.
Security Director
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
July 17, 2018

“Great tool for HR managers and similar professions.”

OverallGreat software for the price and it is easy to use regardless of computer skills.
ProsIt is very easy to manage and use. The report generator is a great add. The cost vs. other systems is good too.
ConsWhen rolling this out in my facility, there was a bug in the system. The bug changed the number of hours that were previously entered. This made some very, very happy and other very, very mad. It has since been fixed but still not a great way to roll out new software.
July 17, 2018
ashley b.
Accounting Coordinator
Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees
March 8, 2018

“Great for All Companies”

ProsThis product is fantastic for helping organize employees scheduled days off, personal inflammation, birthdays and so much more
March 8, 2018
Becky S.
General Manager
January 9, 2017

“Great experience with Track Smart Scheduling ”

OverallI have been using this scheduling system for a few years and I love it! It makes it very easy for my employees to request off and for myself to make our weekly schedule!
Consn/a
Recommendations to other buyersn/a
January 9, 2017
Brenda B.
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

“Excellent Program ”

OverallSmartTrack is a very user-friendly program. I have been using it for several years now. I have never had any issues with the program or with customer service.
ProsUser-friendly