Square Takeoff Ratings

Overall

About Square Takeoff

Bid More, Win More, Earn More with the Industry Leading Online Takeoff and Estimating Solution. Any Trade on Any Device. Square Takeoff is designed to allow you to complete a residential or commercial takeoff and estimate on any desktop or mobile device. Just upload your digital blueprints into the software and in no time you will be completing your project estimate. Learn more about Square Takeoff

Matthew M.
Director of Estimating
Construction, 5001-10,000 employees
June 15, 2018

“Outstanding Product and Customer Service”

OverallMakes me and my team more accurate everyday by allow us to generate better estimates for the top builders in the construction industry.
ProsAs one of the largest lumber retail companies in the industry, we always work to stay up with new technology trends to ensure we provide our clients with the most accurate estimate for their construction projects. We were looking for a leader in the industry that could provide us with a stable software that would be able to meet our daily demands. The software and the Team at Square Takeoff have went above and beyond meeting every need and has helped us acheive the goals we have set forth as a company. Keep up the great work.
ConsNothing yet. Currently the product meets our needs and if we need a feature they are fast to add it.

By Square Takeoff on August 8, 2018
Thanks Matt. It has been an honor to work with you and the 84 Lumber Company. We look forward to continue to assist you and your customers with your estimating needs.
June 15, 2018
Mark H.
Supervisor
Construction, Unspecified
July 11, 2016

“Simple But Powerful”

OverallStarted using the product a few weeks ago after years of using a competitors product. Only reason for the switch was I upgraded to an iPad PRO for work and my other solution didn't work. I was skeptical at first about using a cloud takeoff solution and was worried that it would be slow. To my surprise it actually works faster than my desktop software. Overall it has a similar feel to my desktop product but worked on my MAC and iPad PRO. Customer service was great and helped me out with a few questions I had. Price was good and the sales rep even saved me more on my monthly subscription. Overall I give them two thumbs up.
ProsCloud based. Easy share feature. Easy to manage bids. Good price. Operates like a desktop solution. Note feature with attachments.
ConsMissing some features of my desktop software. But spoke to them and they said development would work on them and have already launched one of those features.
Recommendations to other buyersTry it out it saves me a ton of money by letting me share my blueprints with my subs instead of having to print them a copy. Plus by letting me add a note to the plans and my subs to view and also add notes to at no cost to them our communication has improved.

By Square Takeoff on July 12, 2016
Thank you Mark. It has been great working with you and your company.
July 11, 2016
Construction, 51-200 employees
August 9, 2018

“Drastic increase in accuracy of takeoff and estimation”

OverallThe software ensures the users get the most accurate estimate for construction projects. It is cutting edge software that meets our takeoff and construction requirements in clinical detail.
Pros cloud-based tool for contractors of all business sizes in all trades execute your own takeoffs within the program determine the quantity and type of materials required for a project customize reports according to location, part number, phase, assembly, load, etc. quick integration with Google Maps
Cons Integration with accounts software still under development
August 9, 2018
Justin T.
Construction, 11-50 employees
November 20, 2018

“Takeoffs made easy”

OverallUploading plans is super easy. Then you just put in your scale and you are on the path to getting all dimensions. It really comes in handy when we are bidding multiple aspects of a build.
ProsWe like that we no longer have to do any manual calculations when bidding a job. We just put in the plant and point and click our way to accurate numbers.
ConsThe user interface could use some refinement. Finding exactly what you are looking for can take a bit too long if you are not a daily user.

By Square Takeoff on November 24, 2018
Thank Justin for your review. We are open to discuss any ideas you have that will make the program better for you and all of our other users.
November 20, 2018
Kenneth W.
General contractor
Construction, Self-employed
August 7, 2019

“Nutshell”

OverallStill haven't got the full hundred percent hang of it but once I do my competitors better look out
ProsThe ability to bust through estimates that would have taken out hours if not days in less than an hour
ConsGetting familiarized with it slash getting my head in it
August 7, 2019
Zohair H.
VDC Engineer
Construction, 51-200 employees
September 27, 2018

“Great tool for performing quantity takefoff for residential projects. ”

ProsVery user friendly and easy to learn. Ideal for 2D sheets. Can add building materials like titles, shingles, carpet, etc. Good tool for preparing quick bids.
ConsDoes not integrate with BIM softwares or 3D models.
September 27, 2018