Duo Security Ratings

Overall

About Duo Security

Our mission is to protect your mission. Duo Security makes security painless, so you can focus on what's important. Our scalable, cloud-based trusted access solution protects access to all applications for any user and device, from anywhere. Duo's multi-factor authentication (MFA) solution is easy to use, administer and deploy, while providing complete endpoint visibility and control. This combination of user and device trust builds the foundation for a zero-trust security model. Learn more about Duo Security

John B.
Senior Program Manager
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
September 30, 2019

“Two-factor authentication that just works!”

OverallOur organization has been using Duo Security two-factor authentication for years. The entire solution is incredibly reliable. The mobile app works great and is very easy to use. End-users can quickly and easily enroll their own devices via a self-service portal. This is very convenient whenever you get a new phone. Approval notifications can also be sent via phone, text or push. Push notifications are also supported on the Apple Watch. Although it's rarely needed, online support documentation is very robust. The best thing about Duo Security is...it just works, every time.
Pros- User-friendly self-service portal for new device enrollment and management - New account setup is easily done via scanning a QR code - Multiple options for approval codes or notifications including phone, text or push (includes Apple Watch) - Push notifications can be approved directly from the iOS lock screen - Approval is also compatible with Face ID on iOS devices - One-time bypass codes can be used for lost devices or temporary access - Support for Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) security tokens - Great online support and documentation library - Flexible subscription plans with affordable pricing
ConsWhen using an outdated version of the app, iOS push notifications just stop working without any error message or notification
September 30, 2019
Kalin H.
Student
Higher Education, Self-employed
September 24, 2019

“Great Security Software”

OverallOverall I have found Duo to be a great method for securing my data and private accounts. It has allowed me to make sure that sensitive information stays safe and away from prying eyes. It also gives me a sense of security financially, as some of my accounts secured by Duo are linked to payment portals.
ProsDuo is a great way to ensure that your electronic information and accounts are secure. I have used it as a student and I have found that it is reliable and provides peace of mind. It provides a dual authentication process so that no one can access my accounts but me. I like that any attempt to login to an account sends a notification instantly to my personal cell phone, allowing me to approve or deny access.
ConsI have experienced a few technical bugs with the software in my time using it, though they are relatively infrequent. There are times when Duo will push a login approval to my phone and then fail to allow me to log in to my profile even though I have accepted the push. It can also be confusing trying to figure out how to change settings with Duo. For example, if you have set the software to preferentially send an automatic push upon requesting login, it can be difficult to change that setting. There could be a little more clear direction regarding that process from Duo.
September 24, 2019
Carlos S.
Sales Support Analyst
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
September 20, 2019

“Amazing Two-Factor Authenticator”

OverallGreat experience, user friendly and having this installed as an app on your Smartphone and not a physical key is amazing!
ProsYou get push notifications instantly, and you don't even need to get into the app, it can display a notification in your notifications bar (Android User) and you can approve/deny from there. Also, if by mistake you deny the login attempt, it gives you a "second chance" to get into the app itself and approve it.
ConsNothing to complain about this as of now, I was an RSA SecurID user and having to carry that small key was a nightmare. One thing I'd like is to get Duo Security for Windows, I work remotely and I could have that installed on my home's PC. What if I get my phone stolen and unable to buy a new one???
September 20, 2019
Accounting, 1001-5000 employees
November 26, 2018

“Best Two Factor Identification App”

ProsI have used Duo for Two Factor Identification Security at two different employers so far in my career. It is such an easy to use, efficient and effective application. It eliminates the need to keep track of external network keys, passwords, and other redundant programs. I feel safe and secure with Duo Two Factor Identification because it requires both my phone and fingerprint in order to gain access to protected software.
ConsEarlier this year I had to replace my iPhone and after I restored my new device from backup my Duo Two Vactor Identification was no longer linked. To my surprise, It took several hours to restore and reset my security settings at work the next morning. Although the Duo reset was quite inconvenient for me that day, restoring software is both an infrequent and uncommon occurrence for me.
November 26, 2018
Anindita S.
Postdoctoral Fellow
Research, 10,001+ employees
June 30, 2019

“Duo Security is important”

ProsI have been introduced to Duo security the last year. The institute I am affiliated to insists on using the Duo security for access to emails and other sensitive data. Initially, I used to feel it is a little out of the way effort to have a two-factor authentication via Duo Security. But lately, I have it is a rather important safeguard for sensitive data, emails, etc. It adds another level of protection. With technological advancement stealing important information from the internet is a child's play. Using Duo security gives the users benefit of knowing when their emails or secured accounts are accessed (at least it does that for me). Besides, two-factor authentication allows me to restrict suspicious users from logging on.
ConsDon't know but can the Duo also work by pushing login request via email? That would mean I wouldn't need to have my mobile phone next to me 24x7.
June 30, 2019
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees
September 5, 2018

“2FA For the Enterprise”

OverallWe wanted a 2FA solution for our VPN and password management solutions. Duo integrates with both. We also needed a 2FA solution that can be used by a wide variety of users. We have many remote users so being able to authenticate via app, text, or phone call makes it easy for all of our users to gain access in a way that is secure and available to them.
ProsDuo has made it easy for our company to use 2FA across several of our services. It's easy to implement and easy to manage. Duo integrates easily with 3rd party applications and services. Users can use multiple ways to authenticate to Duo.
ConsPush notifications to Cellphones can be spotty if a user has poor cell reception. Not necessarily a failure on Duo's part but it should be considered if you are going to use the App Push for authentication.
September 5, 2018
Fund-Raising, 501-1000 employees
September 5, 2019

“Easy in practice, maybe a little pricey”

OverallSupport is good. New features are rolled out occasionally, so being an admin it is a good idea to keep up-to-date about it.
ProsWorking on the end-user side of things is very easy. Just "allow" a login, no hassle with codes. Also having the (Apple) Watch app available means users always have a device very near. On the admin side of things the configurability is impressive. We are running a sync with or AD so provisioning users is automatic.
ConsIt is a bit pricey as ie.e Azure MFA does most of the things as part of the EMS bundle (so if you have that, that is an option). Also on the end-user side, I find the Apple Watch is a little lagging (couple of seconds). Not a big issue, but a little annoying sometimes.
September 5, 2019
Telecommunications, Self-employed
July 25, 2019

“Good ”

ProsI use Duo Security as a part of dual verification sign-in process for university. The phone app was initially difficult to set up and I actually gave up at one point, but once it was on my phone it has been no issues. (I've actually installed and verified a few phones and it always a hassle..) The three options for verifying identify is convenient - call, message, or notification. I generally use notification, but have used call when I had poor cell service. The notification is handy because I do not have to unlock my phone and the notification disappears after you approve the log-in. The time out feature is meant to keep your account secure but can be an issue if you don't have your phone close by/ don't approve in time.
ConsSelecting "Stay logged in for 7 days" only works sometimes for some reason.
July 25, 2019
January 15, 2019

“1-click for Two-Factor Authentification”

ProsI have been an end user of Duo Security for the last 2 years, and I think that this is the best software for 2-factor authentification. The Duo App has a simply designed platform. When we sign into the website that requires authentification, we can just type a passcode provided by Duo App on the website or click an authentification request given by Duo App. Yes, it is that easy with Duo.
ConsSetting up the Duo from the scratch can be challenging to some people who are not familiar with two-factor authentification. It is important for organizations or companies to provide a step-by-step installation procedure to users before they start using Duo as their sole authentification method.
January 15, 2019
Pete S.
Business Development & Media
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees
April 17, 2019

“Indispensable - use it every day!”

OverallI use this daily for access to company website for updates and posting. It travels wherever I go and is lightning fast. Definitely recommend!
ProsHad another authentication app that went out of business and after much trial and error (and frustration) found Duo. Set up was easy and this app works perfectly every time. It's fast and easy to use. In my opinion, this app should be promoted/recommended to companies like GoDaddy when they're selling a website - this protection is so easy and simply invaluable.
ConsOnly one slight issue when I upgraded from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8 - it was a bit confusing to register the new device. At a certain point I thought I would have to disable the app and then it just started working - so I might suggest better documentation/walk through on changing devices.
April 17, 2019
Sandeep K.
Senior Programmer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
March 26, 2019

“Excellent security app for authentiction ”

OverallThis is the best security feature for authentication. It makes sure no one else logins to your account but only you. The main benefit of this software is that our work done till date is secure in our machines.
ProsThe best thing about this software is that we can not login to our work station until and unless we pass through Duo Security. There is a mobile app for this which makes it easy to authenticate. We just need to tap "Approve" on the login request sent to mobile app. there are three types of login. One can choose any type based on our convenience. One can login using passcodes, call on spot or just clicking approval system.
ConsThere was issue when I lost my mobile phone and I wanted to configure duo again to login to my work station. Adding account was so time consuming that I had to wait for the Administrator to add my account again. If administrator is on leave then we have to wait for another complete day to login to work station.
February 5, 2019

“Easy to use MF authentication”

OverallI have used Duo Authentication at two institutions now as a two-factor authentication means. It is very easy to use and even less tech-savvy coworkers find it easy and straight forward to use.
ProsOnce Duo is set up, it's super easy to use, whether responding to a push notification or generating a one-time use password.
ConsWhen attempting to change preferences in a browser to allow it to retain your login status, you must cancel an initial automatic push from the authentication screen in a browser, check a "remember me" box, then wait some time before attempting another push. This is a security measure, but a minor annoyance when trying to quickly make a change and move on.
February 5, 2019
Alireza S.
researcher
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees
March 10, 2019

“Due is Secure”

ProsI am a student and my university provides a very secure medium for signing into my account through this app. I feel confident and safe about it since anybody who wants to do sign in should ask me for permission. It is a brilliant idea to communicate with the account owner to increase the security level
ConsI really hate this fact that whenever I want to login into my account when I am working with my laptop or PC, I should find my cellphone to let myself in. I searched on internet to find a Duo software for windows such that I install that on my PC and does not try to find my cellphone for logging in. I hope they develop the computer version of this app because it becomes very annoying especially I am busy on a pile of work
March 10, 2019
Sadie R.
Assistant Director, MIS Career Management
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
February 4, 2019

“Duo Security Review ”

OverallI use Duo Security to login to all of my work accounts. It is used by the whole university and it is very easy to understand, implement, and is very up to date. I enjoy Duo Security. When it was first implemented, I was annoyed that it would be another step for my login process, but it is not burdensome at all and is very fast and efficient.
ProsDuo Security is very easy to use and understand. I like that you do not have to have the app on your phone and that it has the feature to be called for the login.
ConsI dont have anything negative to say. This is a good option for a two factor authentication. It is very up to date.
February 4, 2019
alex f.
account manager
Hospitality, 1001-5000 employees
January 16, 2019

“Duo Security - it works!”

OverallOverall I'd say it does exactly what I need it to nearly 100% of the time. The times it doesn't work are almost generally on the user side (eg: installing a new device will need IT assistance) and not on the software or app's
ProsI like how quickly this app loads on my phone in order to log into my two factor. I primarily use it for that and am regularly traveling for work so knowing I can rely on this app is fundamental.
ConsIf ever you have a question or need changes to your account you will need to contact your system admin. This is obviously for security but unideal if time is short.
January 16, 2019
Cory P.
Project Coordinator
Research, 1-10 employees
October 9, 2018

“Simple Solution for Added Account Security”

ProsUnlike other 2-step authentication services that require you to punch in a short, "random" code in order to access your account, Duo Security makes securing an account simpler. Got a smartphone? Download the Duo Security app, link it to an account (typically an email account, though Duo can work with other services as well,) and decide how you want to be alerted about log-ins. The next time you try to log in, Duo will contact your phone, and you'll be able to authenticate your log-in with a simple button-press. That's it. There are other options as well. If you don't want to use the smart phone, Duo will call a landline and ask if you're the appropriate user for the account. You can also save multiple methods to the same account.
ConsLinking Duo to my email account took some doing. By and large, it was a simple, step-by-step process. However, I could imagine easily fouling up one of those steps and getting lost and frustrated. There's no problem with the service itself, it's just getting started with it requires a little time and focus. Once it's set up, however, using Duo is completely painless, and its recovery features are simple (in the event you get a new phone, computer, etc.)
October 9, 2018
Higher Education, 5001-10,000 employees
September 23, 2019

“Can be hit or miss”

OverallIt's been an okay experience with Duo. The texting feature being so off and on is the biggest bummer, however, it's easy to use and quick to authenticate.
ProsIt's a fairly easy way to authenticate when needed for secure pages. I've used it in all of my jobs as two-factor authentication with sensitive and secure pages.
ConsSometimes the texting feature doesn't work. I click the "text me" button but it never sends the code to my phone. Therefore, I always just use the call me feature but it can be a bit annoying to have to always answer and press a button.
September 23, 2019
Research, 10,001+ employees
November 9, 2018

“Simple Software For Two-Step Authentification”

ProsDuo Security makes 2-step authentification simple. After an initial registration of the website that requires 2-step authentification on the Duo app, all I have to do to grant access to the website is clicking approve button on the app on my phone or entering passcode on the website. This software makes 2-step authentification take only 5 seconds.
ConsI cannot think of any negative aspects of this software. This software is so simple and doesn't have any unnecessary features. There are no parts to be improved.
November 9, 2018
September 14, 2019

“More security”

OverallNowadays it is necessary to use a security software to log in to your accounts. So I highly recommend it.
ProsIt is more than two years I am using Due mobile security. It is user-friendly. It gives you a second authorization to log in to your accounts. We usually use it to log in to our emails and other university accounts. It is useful, and you can feel secure while using it.
ConsIt is user-friendly software. I cannot tell too many Cons. Just I would like to have more than seven-day not to use it while logging in.
September 14, 2019
Abhisha B.
Research Assistant
Higher Education, 5001-10,000 employees
October 15, 2019

“Useful security tool”

OverallI mainly use duo for 2-factor authentication when logging in to my NC State account. This has been very useful in both securing my account and also not taking up too much time for the login process.
ProsGood security tool, better than the traditional 2-factor authentication that requires a code to be texted to the phone and then the code needs to be typed in. Has good security features like request timing out after a certain period of time.
ConsDuo Push needs internet connection on the phone to work is a major disadvantage. Also, in case of slow internet the push request takes longer to arrive sometimes causing the request to time out.
October 15, 2019
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
August 27, 2018

“Easy as 123”

OverallI had no issues with Duo security the company I was with I was taking credit cards and personal information and I had no breach of any sort no one getting in and no information getting out so overall it was an awesome experience and if we get back to doing that on our construction side that is definitely a program I would use again and definitely refer others to
ProsI use this as an inbound sales marketer for Carnival Cruise Lines and thoroughly loved it I had no issues with my computer whether I was working or not it did not allow any viruses to get through and no breach of security
ConsThat I had to help make sure my cell phone was right there to confirm my signing in
August 27, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
July 4, 2019

“2 Factor Authentication Made Simple”

OverallWe were searching for a simple but effective second factor authentication solution to improve security especially for our RDP services. Duo has saved us a lot and imrpoved our security significantly
ProsEase of setting up Ease of use Works every time. Very small near invisible footprint Easy to follow manuals Great support
ConsAgent software does not give host machine details when requesting 2nd Factor via the App or SMS
July 4, 2019
Brice P.
CRM & Web Specialist
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
March 5, 2019

“A good option for a necessary piece of software”

ProsMy organization uses Duo as a security backup on all of our sensitive data repositories (financial/HR, student data, etc). I have Duo mobile set up on my phone, and like how I can have it send me a push notification. It takes only a few seconds to go through the entire process.
ConsIt can be a pain having to continually re-verify your log-in, and every once in a while it seems to lag a bit (network slowdown or something). For some orgs, it's just a matter of which authentication product you'll use, though, and this a decent choice.
March 5, 2019
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self-employed
November 18, 2018

“Two factor authentication made easy”

ProsSimple, easy to use software for two factor authentication, you can use the app, get a phone call, or get sent a list of access codes through text, making your account more secure from hacking.
ConsThe program is really easy to use to with a simple push of a button on your phone, but if you don't have your phone there is no way to get through the Duo security, a computer app is needed.
November 18, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

“2FA Made Easy”

OverallWe use Duo for access to our tools and Remote Desktop. It is an easy layer of security from Remote desktop users, and an easy sell to our partners. They also have a help desk verification tool that allows us to verify the identity of someone calling in by sending a push notification to their phone. Overall, we are very happy with Duo.
ProsEasy to set up and maintain Wide variety of applications you can protect Responsive support Good MSP program
ConsProcess for adding a second device is a little confusing Re-enrolling device when self-service portal not available is inconvenient
Amber P.
Ticketing & Box Office Manager
Entertainment, 11-50 employees
January 24, 2019

“Simple Authenticating for Security!”

ProsIt was very simple to download the app once our company started using the software. We have some more technologically not-so-savvy employees, and they were even able to catch on fast. It's nice that you also have the option for them to call your cell too, if you don't want to do the app or do not have a smart phone. Has really helped boost our security and keep compliant.
ConsA few glitches and issues with the app, but otherwise, we have not run in to issues on our end has users!
Dan H.
Web Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 5001-10,000 employees
December 6, 2018

“Definitely the best 2-factor app I've used”

ProsDuo Security for the most part just works. I very rarely have connectivity issues, I've never had token mismatches or problems of that nature. It does the job it's supposed to do, and does it very well.
ConsReally my only complaint is that sometimes the push notification doesn't work properly, in a variety of different network settings. But it's infrequent, and I've yet to have a case where I've missed it (because if I'm trying to log in to something, I know I'm doing so and can pop open the app if need be).
December 6, 2018
Angela B.
Police Dispatcher - OIC
October 13, 2018

“Use for work, Quick Easy Access ”

OverallSo far it has been a breeze. I have yet to encounter any bugs, and it is pretty straightforward once you link your account to it.
ProsIt loads quickly and makes logging into work a breeze. I love the three different options it provides us for logging in as well.
ConsI wish I could include other websites/softwares to my duo token but it doesn't seem to work just yet with my other accounts. I'd love to eventually be able to keep all of my accounts secure through a quick easy app and I think with a little time Duo could be that app
October 13, 2018
Abdulkadir A.
RA
Higher Education, 201-500 employees

“A need for security”

OverallThe fact that there is a two-factor authentication security requirement for access to applications increases the appeal of using this program. I think that this program should be used strongly to prevent data from being easily acquired in digital environments.
ProsThe secure storage of data for people who work in the digital environment and help to create two-factor authentication security processes for access to them allow people to feel the ultimate in security.
ConsLonger recognition of secure codes for access to systems
Food & Beverages, 1001-5000 employees
February 19, 2019

“Necessary Evil”

OverallOverall, it does the job and does it fairly well.
ProsTwo-factor authentication is annoying but with Duo its slightly less painful. The need for dual authentication comes from people hacking in easily so adding Duo as a security measure really lowers that risk. Its super simple to use and has never crashed on me.
ConsThe only thing is it requires you to have you phone on. Sometimes my phone is dead or I have misplaced it so I cannot log in to certain portals.
February 19, 2019
Cory F.
Director of Campus Services
February 1, 2019

“Simple, easy, and it works!”

ProsExtremely easy to set up and use. I use this on a daily basis for accessing my employee portal on our website and have never had a single issue.
ConsYou need to have your cell phone right by you and approve the push quickly, sometimes too quickly, but I guess that's a positive for the added security.
Joseph R.
Proposal Processor
February 1, 2019

“Duo Security makes 2-Step a Breeze”

ProsWith the app, I don't have to copy-paste on my phone or read my phone to type into my computer. I just press the button to allow access. Two step authentication without much hassle.
ConsSet up at first can be tricky, but once it's done you don't have to worry about that.
Gina g.
HR Analyst
Marketing and Advertising, 501-1000 employees
December 11, 2018

“Great for security but what if I forget my phone?”

ProsWe used this software to remotely log into our VPN and HRIS systems. Duo offers a secure way to access system's with little headache in the process.
ConsThe only con I can see in using this app, what if I forgot my phone? It has not happened yet, but worry that if I forgot my phone one day I will not be able to access our systems. I used our systems 75% of every day, so this would be a big problem should I ever forgot my phone.
December 11, 2018
Computer & Network Security, 10,001+ employees
August 6, 2019

“Best application for adding extra security for login”

ProsI have used this application for authentication to log in to my accounts and the most important thing is it's really easy to set up and use. Once set, you just need to open the application on a supported device and enter the security code from that application for authentication.
ConsThe UI is quite old but gets the work done. Other than that, I haven't found any issues with the application.
Elizabeth S.
Academic Advisor
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
July 30, 2019

“Works Well but Has Some Functionality Issues ”

ProsIt's a quick and easy way to verify my identity.
ConsI use my cell phone as the secondary authentication device and when I use my cell phone to look at my email, I STILL have to re-authenticate, on the device, that I am using to access my email...smh
July 30, 2019
Imani P.
Program Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
September 17, 2019

“Easy to Use”

OverallIt's very easy and convenient to use this software.
ProsI like that is very easy to verify your login with duo. I use it for logging in to my accounts in college.
ConsI dislike how often I have to use it. Almost everytime I log in.
September 17, 2019
August 19, 2019

“Due Security - Easy and Effective”

ProsVery easy to set up and deploy to thousands of users, which is important in an organization that has some people that are not technologically savvy.
ConsThe associated application seems to bug out quite frequently.
August 19, 2019
Audra W.
Admissions Assistant
Higher Education, 11-50 employees
July 16, 2019

“Duo ”

ProsThis software ensures that there will be no hacking but or foul play within your work or school accounts. It double checks those accounts before logging you in and requires you to redo it at least every seven days.
ConsIt is a hassle to log on to many accounts. It takes a longer time to do so but I know for sure I am the only one with access to it.
July 16, 2019
May 30, 2019

“Dual security check without much effort”

OverallI started using Duo as my work required a 2nd verification to get access to confidential information. So far, the experience is great. I first thought this process would be bothersome, but it turned out to be fine as the verification can be done very simply.
ProsIt is very simple to use Duo. Once registered, they send you a push to your smartphone when needed. All you have to do is to click the 'approve' button.
ConsRe-registering process should be improved. I recently switched a mobile phone and had a hard time deleting my existing phone and registering the new one. I needed a clearer guideline.
May 30, 2019
April 22, 2019

“Great alternative product for two factor”

ProsHow easy it is to use the app and simple to customize it the way you need to use it
Consalthough this is a feature that Duo doesn't regulate but would be great to provide a longer timeout when using it each day
April 22, 2019
Automotive, 201-500 employees
July 19, 2019

“Secure way to protect your important logins”

OverallSecure
ProsBest way to make sure I am the only one who can login and lets me know when someone tries to login into my accounts
ConsSometimes I do not get the notifications to login
July 19, 2019
February 11, 2019

“Duo Security”

ProsOnce the app is downloaded on your smartphone this app is very easy to use. The notifications are immediate and very simple to follow.
ConsDownloading the app and connecting it to the account you are securing can be a little tricky. I have to look up instructions every time I complete this process.
February 11, 2019
August 13, 2019

“The least annoying way to secure your account”

OverallFortunately, my account has been safe and I can rest easy knowing that no one else can sign in without my knowledge.
ProsWhen my organization announced the adoption of multi-factor authentication, I (and others) were a bit put out: was it really likely that my personal info was at risk? Still, the alternative (lack of protection) was worse, so we went along with it. Fortunately, it's quite simple to use once you install it: you can remember devices for up to a month, and when you do have to sign in to a new device, DUO simply pushes a request to your phone, where you can simply accept it right way. All things told, it still feels mildly annoying to have the extra step when logging in, but, institutionally, it's the best and safest option.
ConsIf you forget your phone or it dies, you might have a hard time logging in. If you don't have a smart phone, you might have to do something even more involved, like receive a phone call to get a code to sign in or whatever.
August 13, 2019
Corrine G.
Stylist
Retail, 5001-10,000 employees

“Easy to Use”

OverallDay to day use is very easy. It sends me a push notification when someone is trying to log into my work accounts, so I can easily verify if it's me or not.
ProsThis software is super easy to use as long as I have my phone on me.
ConsSetting it up can be difficult. I had to use the help desk at my company to get it set up.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
September 3, 2019

“Very straightforward 2 factor for non technical users”

ProsThere are quite a few 2-factor authentication solutions out there, but when paired with a push notification that allows for a one-button confirmation of your identity, it makes getting users to accept 2-factor policies that much easier.
ConsUnfortunately, while the push to confirm a login feature is nice, it's dependent on the client software that the user is logging into to have to set this feature up. Meaning there is a different experience of using Duo from one website/app to another. This isn't necessarily a fault that duo can overcome other than possibly making this feature easier to setup.
Ciara G.
Consultant
Fund-Raising, 51-200 employees
August 29, 2019

“Data Security”

ProsDuo Security I have the confidence that my information is not easily accessible especially as a mobile professional who often has to log into public wifi. Security at the your fingertips; super easy!
ConsI wish all technology services had duo security.
August 29, 2019
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
August 6, 2019

“Duo Security - two-factor authentication that usually works”

ProsDuo Security allows me to connect to my work VPN when I am working remotely. Overall, it does what it says it will do.
ConsIt does sometimes have some issues where I cannot get the prompt on my phone (for the authentication) but that is infrequent
Chad F.
Business Analyst
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
December 14, 2018

“Fantastic VPN Authenticator ”

ProsIt's simple, easy to configure, and makes connecting to VPN a breeze.
ConsSometimes it takes a bit too long to authenticate on the Duo mobile app. Not sure if this is on our side or Duos but it can be frustrating to wait for the app to let me log into VPN.
December 14, 2018
Greg E.
Political Intern
Primary/Secondary Education, Self-employed
April 12, 2019

“Extra Secure”

ProsDuo adds an extra layer of protection to my accounts it is linked to.
ConsAt first I was annoyed with the extra step duo forced me to take, but the more I use it the more I appreciate the extra security it is giving me.
April 12, 2019
Gina C.
Project Coordinator
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
July 26, 2019

“Great option with flexibility”

ProsI love that Duo has several ways to identify yourself in a multi-factor authentication. It is easy to use and send push notifications to your phone, watch, etc.
ConsIt can be cumbersome for the user if something changes. For example, if you get a new phone and don't properly uninstall and then install the Duo app in the right order, you're locked out and forced to refer to an administrator.
July 26, 2019