DigitalChalk Ratings

Overall

About DigitalChalk

DigitalChalks LMS gives you the tools and control to launch engaging, interactive online courses. Along with industry leading technical support, our platform includes built-in course creation tools allowing you to create courses featuring animated PPT, HD videos, audio, quizzes, exams, surveys and more. Our robust built-in rules engine adds flexibility and power to our course assignment, notification and custom reporting functionalities. Start month-to-month or pay annually. Contact us today! Learn more about DigitalChalk

Fran M.
June 7, 2017

“Easy to use, logical and foolproof”

ProsAs the course designer and business consultant, I was keen to find a software that I could understand and not be reliant on others if something went awry. I chose Digital Chalk and, despite my fears, found it intriguingly easy to set up and use. Three years later, I chose it for a national peak body's accreditation system after looking through the range of new products. Given that I would have to hand it over once developed, I needed a foolproof system that could grow with the education program. I had a two page 'criteria/description of how I wanted it to work' and only Digital Chalk answered it (the next day). It links with Shopify which is also easy to use (especially the seamless link to cloud-based accounting packages that generate a range of management finance and sales reports). I've needed a couple of features, like product bundling, that Digital Chalk developed. I'm now developing courses for an organisation with a legacy system. The patched LMS is a nightmare. We have to wait for 'attention' from IT; we're not 'a priority'; the navigation is annoying; we keep being told that 'IT knows best' and I ask: 'Why do people put up with this?' I'm also tutoring at university and find it interesting to monitor the range of 'bells and whistles' that few use. With Digital Chalk you can spend your valuable time on design and content - what matters most.
ConsI've found a couple of glitches - like a large clock counting down in the exam - which were caused by my settings or by using the default settings - so check that what the students see is what you want.
June 7, 2017
W H.
Faculty
June 18, 2010

“Best product, in this category, on the market”

OverallDC is by far the best in its class. It is designed (in my opinion) for fully automated online courses. If this is what you want to do...I cannot think of anything better. I am an odd user of the program and have high demands (teach software with large file sizes). DC is great for distributing (and protecting) my lectures, but for my particular requirements, I needed to pair DC with Moodle. Digital Chalk has been one of the best companies I have ever worked with. They even quoted to create custom applications to work with our in-house systems. They have been completely fair with me and have greatly increased the quality and enjoyment of my job. I have been using the program for 2 years and am running on their newest platform. The update was dramatic. I expect great things to come with future updates and am positive that this company will adapt to their users. Excellent work.
ProsInstant setup, begin uploading your course in seconds. Very fast and rarely down (I have been using the site daily for almost 2 years). EXCELLENT customer support - never seen anything like it. Questions are answered immediately, bugs are fixed, and sometimes they just do it for you. I use 400-500MB files - videos upload quickly and logs notifications. I cannot say enough great things about the customer support. Very nice, very helpful - motivated and energetic people. When I have students drop, they take care of the refunds and fix problems very quickly I give DC 3 stars for meeting my needs, but 5 stars for protecting my work as a non-regular faculty member at a university. I feel motivated to better my lectures knowing they are protected and are controlled by me
Consno option for just publishing as an eBook (for an addition to an actual class)...but I use DC for an actual university class, not a purely online course. Does not have BlackBoard/Moodle integrated features (video chat, blogs, forums, etc.). No ability to edit documents online...but again, this is not what DC was designed for. Does not have the diversity of testing questions as Blackboard does. 500MB video limits...I teach software and need high resolution. Students do occasionally complain that it is difficult to see some of the details. For my courses that are power-point/video driven...no complaints whatsoever.
Craig V.
Vice President of Product and Services
May 6, 2014

“Excellent product and very easy to use”

OverallI've been using the DigitalChalk system extensively to produce online training, and I personally believe that it is the best learning management system available right now. The development team is constantly adding new features and their customer communication is clear and frequent. - DigitalChalk basically covers everything one needs in order to produce online training and deliver it to an audience. A fully customizable, branded course catalog and shopping cart come standard, and it can blend smoothly into an existing website. - The course editing GUI is intuitive and fairly easy to get the hang of when creating a new curriculum. All media uploads are optimized automatically, similar to how Youtube creates multiple resolutions for a single video. Students or trainees with slow internet connections will still be able to participate satisfactorily, while others with fast connections can enjoy higher definition. - eCommerce and gradebook tracking reports are *phenomenal*, and probably the most useful (to me, anyways) part of the system. It is very easy to set up affiliate marketing links to track how effectively your courses are being advertised by other organizations. - The only thing I would recommend is that DC eventually adopts a closed-captioning system. Youtube has an automatic one that doesn't work well at this point, and I know the technology is still in its early stages. Using third-party software, I have to manually insert captioning into my videos intended to be accessible for students who may have difficulty hearing. At first, DigitalChalk is simple and straightforward. One can begin creating courses right away. As I gained more experience creating courses, it surprised me with the large amount of useful options and deep features it offered. Overall, it has been a very satisfying experience. For those who are not tech or computer-savvy, or don't have the extra time, staff, or resources to devote themselves to creating and managing online training, I would still recommend using DigitalChalk. I would definitely call their customer support for guidance, or find an organization like mine that can personally guide you through the process and manage it appropriately.
Andrew C.
Group Learning and Development Manager
Construction, 1001-5000 employees
October 27, 2016

“Excellent platform for online learning”

OverallWe launched online learning across our UK business earlier this year and i am extremely pleased with it. Having launched e-learning in other companies; this is by far the best one i have managed and the range of functions is excellent. I would highly recommend Digital Chalk and my solution of internally creating SCORM and using the digital chalk platform is substantially cheaper than many other options on the market. I also think the fact the pricing structure is based on active users and published freely on the internet is a big plus as many of the competitors hide the prices for individual negotiation.
ProsFlexibility in pricing, ease of use, various functions available. Tech support is impressive.
ConsAreas of improvement would be to allow better managing of classroom (offline and non webinar) training courses. Also to use images within quiz questions without the need to link to external images.
Recommendations to other buyersRequest a demo.

By Infinity Learning Solutions on October 27, 2016
Thank you Andrew! We're so happy that you are enjoying your DigitalChalk experience! We will be adding the ability to upload an image directly to a question in a future release. For classroom training, we would love to get your thoughts on what would make this area of our system more effective for your organization. One of our team members will be reaching out. Thanks! The DigitalChalk Team
October 27, 2016
Carla P.
Director of Sales & Internet Development
June 18, 2010

“Digital Chalk is the best system I've found for e-learning.”

OverallOverall, I loved this product. They contacted me to set up a webinar to make sure I felt comfortable using it, and they conducted a second webinar for two other people in the organization to teach them how to use it. The support has been fabulous. The only way you'll get what you need out of an LMS is to be comfortable with using it, and this company has a huge commitment to support.
ProsI was asked to find an LMS for our state association, Texas Assn of Convention & Visitors Bureaus. They offer a lot of learning at their conventions but wanted a way to deliver it via the web. I researched a lot of systems out there, and Digitalchalk offered a free version that allowed me to get used to the system, learn how to use it, and see how powerful it was. I uploaded a video and PowerPoint that I created to test it out, and I was up and running. It was easy to add tests and other features. Bottom line, TACVB loves the system and will be building a set of courses using this software.
ConsWith any of these systems, you have a hurdle of having to figure out how you will create a professional quality video of the presentation. There is the option of not having a video cued to the PowerPoint, (e.g. using just audio instead) but that is not going to "sell" the e-learning for our organization. So you have to figure out a way to professionally videotape your speakers. However, that is a challenge with any of the systems.
Cole M.
Instructor
May 8, 2014

“DigitalChalk-- a major cut above the others”

OverallI have been with these folks for a couple of years. I recall the initial demo and committing about $400 to the cause for initial set-up. I played with the program for months, but for whatever reason, couldn't focus on completing a project. There is now a lot of competition in this space-- really a lot-- and at the detriment of Digitalchalk, I have flirted with each one. All have their pros and cons, but I've come home to DC.... Pros- Simple user interface that guides you through the process of publishing a course - $399 is an absolute bargain for a one time set up fee - The pay as you you is attractive...meaning you pay for course delivery fees-- and they collect the tuition fees on your behalf. - Delivery of a course is as low as $4.95- If you charge $19.95 for the course, do the math! Cons-- It's not all wonderful. -- To use PowerPoint slides, you must convert them to .JPEGs. This means you lose the animations and transitions of your original presentation. -- I find the program line of "in and out" of the previously mentioned slides a bit confusing -- Your catalog of courses (i.e. offerings) is somewhat bland. Other providers put significant pizzazz in your brand and online presentation. However, they charge you for this web design... DC does not.

By Infinity Learning Solutions on January 5, 2015
Hi Cole, We are glad you are pleased with our platform! We've recently added a built-in PPT converter to the platform - that means you can upload your original PPT file without loosing any animations or transitions. Hopefully you'll find this tool useful. If you have any questions, please contact us at support@digitalchalk.com. - The DigitalChalk Team
May 8, 2014
Ste M.
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
June 6, 2017

“Excellent.”

OverallGrow our business and delivery quality to customers.
Pros- User friendly and pretty intuitive. - Incredibly stable and reliable; this software has clearly been well tested before implementation. - Flexible with plenty of options and capacity. -Exceptional customer service even after we purchased (for some organisations it is just about the first sale. These guys are committed to their clients, no matter the size).
ConsNo App yet, but hoping for one soon. User Interface looks a little dated and could possibly do with a more modern design; however, I will have this over a glitchy unstable product any day.

By Infinity Learning Solutions on June 7, 2017
Thanks for the review! You'll be happy to know that one of our main focuses in the current and upcoming development cycles is updating the look and feel of the platform. Apps can sometimes limit functionality so at the moment we prefer to keep our platform browser based and focus on mobile responsiveness, as this enables us to ensure that the system is fully functional on all mobile devices. We believe you're really going to like the interface updates we're working on! Thanks! The DigitalChalk Team
June 6, 2017
Joe P.
Executive Director
May 8, 2013

“Digital Chalk exceeds our needs and expectations”

OverallI would absolutely recommend Digital Chalk for Corporate Executives or small business owners. I have to say I could not be happier with how this system works and my representative has never hesitated at helping or answering questions. I have tried or tested 6 other systems for online training and I absolutely say "go with Digital Chalk".
ProsDigital Chalk was easy for me to get our training uploaded and I am moderately knowledgeable when it comes to tech stuff. DC has been very dependable and even after 5 months of subscribing I still get my questions answered and support help very quickly, usually within a couple of hours. I love the ability to use handouts, lots of HD video, powerpoint and other files. Their testing, checkpoints and integrity insurance during the training is unmatched in my previous shopping for affordable training systems. I am a novice, with lots of training ideas, and so far Digital Chalk is an excellent system for me to team up with.
ConsDigital Chalk was not the cheapest in my search, but they are affordable and far more dependable and adaptable than the other systems I have tried. I am stretching for this as a con, there are no other issues and this cost really isn't an issue to me now.
May 8, 2013
David B.

“Great educational platform”

OverallI have been with DigitalChalk for about 1 and a half years now. They help be get my course online and provided an easy platform for my students that take my course. I am able to set my own price and the billing packages are very simple. They walk me through every aspect of the setup and if I cannot find it in the tutorials, they help me right away over the phone. The whole platform is customized for my company. I have DigitalChalk to thank for my success and I am continue to add to the courses I offer. They have helped me every step of the way. In the rare instance there is an issue when I call they know my name and help resolve any issue right away, no long delays or down time , which is crucial when others are affected. I highly recommend you try it for at least 90 days.

By Infinity Learning Solutions on May 6, 2014
David, thank you for your review! We love customer feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. So glad you have had a great experience with our support team. Remember, our blog (www.digitalchalk.com/blog) is also filled with great tips, tricks, and tutorials to help you build your courses as well. Let us know if you ever need help or additional resources! Thanks, The DigitalChalk Team
Shawn S.
Technical Manager
September 20, 2011

“Easy and Feature Rich Online Training!!”

OverallOverall DigitalChalk is a great, easy to use product with a great team behind the scenes making for a complete online training solution.
ProsDigitalChalk is easy to use and implement. It has most all the necessary features needed to deliver quality online training all for a very competitiveness and easy to understand pricing structure. Customer support is always there to answer any questions no matter how minute or difficult they may be. They are constantly adding features to the product to enhance not only the user experience but as well the administrator experience.
ConsNo option to have a manager account for group signups. A manager account could have access to their employees gradebooks to check on status of their training.

By Infinity Learning Solutions on September 20, 2011
Thanks for the fantastic view Shawn! Just so you know, we recently added a Facilitator role to the system. If you setup a unique course offering for a group, you can create a facilitator that has the gradebook access you mention in your review.
September 20, 2011
Bobbi L.
Founder / Owner
May 10, 2014

“How to Write, Publish, & Promote a Nonfiction Book”

OverallI love DigitalChalk, but it was a steep learning curve for me. If not for your amazing tech support person (Adrian), I would have been permanently lost in space. He got me through every step of the process, sometimes more than once, with super-human patience. I was very new at doing what is required, and there were sub-menus inside menus that I never seemed to be able to find. By the time I got to the point of mounting other offerings, I was a bit more independent. Marketing the course has proven to be as difficult as writing it. The other wonderful person on your staff is Lindsey Hageman. She is so full of ideas and information, it makes my head spin, and she, too, has the patience of a saint. She has taught me more in a few short weeks than I have learned in years. I would certainly recommend DigitalChalk to others, bearing in mind that they would need more tech savvy than I have to avoid the frustrations I encountered. If they do, they will be fine. Glad I found you!
May 10, 2014
Andrea I.
Consultant/Instructional Design

“Best Ever”

OverallDigital Chalk has provided the most perfect solution for my online training needs. As an independent contractor for instructional design and online training my online hosting needs are variable. Digital Chalk has amazing flexibility and features that have easily accommodated all my various course development, registration, offering, and pricing needs. And the best part is their customer service. In the two years I've been using Digital Chalk, the support staff has ALWAYS been responsive, helpful, so nice. and so friendly. They're just great. If they can't answer when I call, I always get a call back within an hour. The one thing they could improve is the online help documentation. But when I haven't been able to find the answer there, their support staff has helped me out. Overall, I have been totally happy and satisfied with Digital Chalk and I can't say enough great things about them.
David V.
May 7, 2014

“WorkLife Resources and Digital Chalk”

OverallWe have used this LMS for years now, probably six or seven, and have our own courses on it and we are now producing courses for others. The system is very flexible and allows us to create courses in the way that we want to do it. We don't have to compromise due to system limits. The cost is reasonable. The technical support has always been there, although we haven't needed it very much. We haven't heard from any of our course users in years that they have had any difficulties accessing the course contents. Our evaluations of the delivery aspects of the courses have always been very positive. The administrative functions of the LMS are very attractive to the organizations we are helping to produce courses.
Doug S.

“Unmatched Customer Service”

OverallWe looked at several online platforms when we started using an online approach to delivering educational content. Our selection criteria included ease of use, both by students and administrators/instructors; high value for the price; and customer service. Honestly, as relative newcomers to online training, we frequently find that we "just don't know" what to do in order to achieve a desired outcome in the platform. Our lack of knowledge is ably mitigated by DigitalChalk. In addition to their robust "Help" feature and FAQ capability driven by our questions, there is simply no match for the fast, friendly, and absolutely "spot on" support provided by the folks in DigitalChalk's Customer Service!!
Ken W.
Managing Director
July 20, 2012

“Spectacular authoring environment for eLearning”

OverallThe best overall eLearning enterprise solution out there
ProsEasy to get started with Very supportive company (training, instant help) Very reasonably priced Pricing model couldn't be better Support for tablets, PCs, and Macs Great course/student administration features
ConsCould be an easier, more integrated way to include demo videos (but I've found an easy workaround) Actually,there are no negatives

By Infinity Learning Solutions on October 17, 2013
Thanks for the review! There are many ways you can include demo videos or any video recording within our system. You can easily upload a video within a chalkboard or create a SCORM file. We hope you are enjoying DigitalChalk!
July 20, 2012
Katrina Q.
Founder/Designer
June 30, 2010

“Founder/Designer”

OverallHighly Recommend DigitalChalk is for everyone! Whether you are a college professor needing to teach courses or a cosmetologist wanting to teach CEU classes, DigitalChalk is for you!
ProsI love DigitalChalk. This software is rich in content and extremely easy to use. My favorite feature is that it is a pay as you go system, no contracts, which is very important during this day and age. Also, love their customer support and sales team. They really care about people and really want customers to be successful. They know if you are not successful as a customer, they are are not successful.
ConsI cannot think of any.
June 30, 2010
Anne B.
March 26, 2015

“Amazing customer service and professional results”

OverallSo, the Customer Service people are amazing. Easy to reach, they understand my problem/question, and go out of the way to help me find solutions. My preference is to figure things out for myself, but some days everything moves so fast that I just need to call and they have never let me down. We have created a very complicated course targeted to a specific audience and each step has been surprisingly straight forward. We feel that Digital Chalk has made it possible for us to present a professional product so that we needed only to focus on the quality of our information and of our videos.
March 26, 2015
Art P.
Principal
August 2, 2010

“Remarkable Distance Learning Tool!”

OverallFor individuals or organizations interested in developing and delivering content on-line, DigitalChalk is an outstanding solution!
ProsI invested a great deal of time in evaluating options for timely, cost-effective delivery of e-learning, and DigitalChalk is head and shoulders above anything in the market. The platform is powerful and easy to learn/use and the team members to a person offer remarkable support. I love the culture of this company and their commitment to helping the customer!
ConsHaven't found any that aren't my fault!
August 2, 2010
Matt B.
June 18, 2010

“Digital Chalk online course delivery”

OverallI would recommend Digital Chalk for organizations looking for a cost-effective platform to create and deliver web-based courses, backed by a friendly team of responsive staffers.
ProsUser-friendly system makes it fairly easy to build your own online self-managed courses.
ConsOur needs are admittedly unique from the typical Digital Chalk user, so the requests we have to maximize our users' experience are not on the front burner for feature requests.
Katie M.
HR Manager
December 1, 2010

“Digital Chalk Support Rocks!”

OverallI do highly recommend this to other companies our size.
ProsI have had nothing but excellent customer service from the beginning with digital chalk. Support is quick, and always helpful.
ConsThe program takes a moment to learn, but if you can follow the directions that are clearly written, and have some computer know how, you can get it. And if you can't, support is awesome!
December 1, 2010
Greg H.
June 9, 2010

“We love DigitalChalk!”

OverallI would wholeheartedly recommend DigitalChalk to both educators and students.
ProsDigitalChalk offers trainers and educators a very easy way to combine video and other content easily on the web for a complete educational experience. But even more, DigitalChalk makes things easy for the student taking the course.
ConsI love DigitalChalk and really have no negative things to say.
June 9, 2010
Darla W.
May 20, 2014

“Digital Chalk for my business online course”

OverallGreat features and easy to use. Very customer friendly. I would like to see an option to upload a powerpoint that already has audio to it. I would also like to see a "file cabinet" feature where I could drop forms for students to download. It would be nice if you had a way to help me get to various customers but I know that's asking too much :)
May 20, 2014
Ted F.
Senior Trainer
May 6, 2014

“Digital Chalk is an awesome platform for our online classes”

OverallWe've been using digital chalk for several years now, and they have a great product that is easy to use, and great customer service to boot. Every time something comes up that could be done better, Digital Chalk steps up and works to make the changes they need to. They are constantly improving their product, and making sure their users are happy.
Vasilios P.
GM
June 10, 2013

“Great support from Bobby Juarez”

OverallA good product for a good price, particularly when compared with other LMS hosted services.
ProsFeature rich LMS.
ConsUser Interface could be improved to make the navigation functions more intuitive.

By Infinity Learning Solutions on October 17, 2013
Thank you for the review! Good news! We have improved the user interface with a new dashboard and the navigation is now easier than ever. We hope you enjoy these new updates!
June 10, 2013
Mitch P.
May 6, 2014

“Good LMS Hosting Company”

OverallI transferred my online courses from another hosting company to DigitalChalk two years ago and I'm glad I did. Their prices are reasonable and the service is great. The quality of the audio and video through the web is excellent. I would highly recommend DigitalChalk to any organization that offers online training.
Laura V.
Clinical Nutritionist Educator
May 27, 2010

“Fast, easy, and effective”

OverallUse this software to cut costs, improve your employee's training skills, enhance communication throughout your business
ProsEasy to put together a course Personal customer support, able to speak to a human being 24 hour availability of courses Ease of payment for my customers and myself
ConsNothing bad to say about the product so far
May 27, 2010
Denise H.
March 19, 2015

“Simply the best online training platform available!”

OverallSimple to use, from both the student and the content designer perspectives. Unparalleled customer support - best I've ever come across! Low cost, but with incredible high-end features and reports. Best value online training platform on the market - we checked!
Doug S.
August 22, 2013

“Fast, Accurate, and Friendly”

OverallAs a first-time user of any type of online training platform, we had a bit trepidation going in. Your instructions were clear, your tech support timely, and all of our self-inflicted issues were expeditiously resolved. Adrian was always polite, quick, and resolute at resolving our problems.
August 22, 2013
Joe B.
July 27, 2010

“Geotol Pro”

OverallWould recommend to others
ProsThanks for all your help in getting Geotol pro on line up and running. Using DC allows to to stream multimedia smoothly and quickly to our customers. Good upload process
ConsI have much to learn need to integrate webarchive testing to grade book
July 27, 2010
Amanda C.
Director, Learning & Development

“User Friendly”

OverallGreat customer service, pretty easy to use for an LMS. We launched it company-wide on March 1, and we have had so little help-desk calls. That's almost unprecedented for an enterprise-wide systems launch. Very impressed with this product.
Paul C.
COO
January 16, 2015

“great service”

OverallWe love DigitalChalk's service. Very prompt and patient with us "non-techies". This is our first foray into online learning. We just launched, and already made a sale. We look forward to growing our business with you.
January 16, 2015
Connie M.
March 19, 2015

“Really excellent help and support from live humans - someone available to actually talk to you.”

OverallGreat presentation ... getting started is a little difficult but once you learn the system ... it really is a pleasure to use for both instructor and students.
Rosalie P.
Program Admin

“best tech support!”

OverallDigital Chalk has the best Tech Support ever. They are quick to respond, patient and always willing to help me find a solution to whatever problem comes up.
Spencer M.
Multimedia Producer

“Great Customer Service”

OverallWhenever we have a problem at our large-scale company, they are right there to resolve and help us fix. The tool itself is constantly improving for the better.
Kirsten F.
Founder and CEO
January 14, 2015

“Great resource!”

OverallMy students and I have really loved Digital Chalk's online video course delivery system. They are awesome!
January 14, 2015
David V.
May 18, 2010

“DigitalChalk”

OverallBest online learning platform available. I strongly recommend it.
ProsEasy for developers and easy for learners. My feedback from students has been excellent.
ConsNone that I can think of.
May 18, 2010
Brenda A.
Senior Business Systems Analyst

“Digital Chalk ”

OverallVery good product and great Support team
Khandra F.
Administrative Assistant

“Digital Chalk Review”

OverallEverything works the way it should.
Tamara F.
January 13, 2015

“Please with Digital Chalk”

OverallLove everything about Digital Chalk. A very easy system to use.