MindVector Ratings

Overall

About MindVector

Making mind maps has never been easier. Make mind maps anywhere & anytime using Mind Vector and with our different visualizers present your data in the most interactive way. With Mind Vector, the best mind mapping software online, you can create maps and store it on the cloud. With this feature, you can collaborate with your friends and access your maps from any platform just by signing in your account! Learn more about MindVector

Brian A.
Volunteer

“Good but limited”

ProsEasy to use . I thought the easy of use was nice the reason I say that is that it was simple. Not simple child like but simple in a way that it's straight forward. I find that if I think a button to add something should be at a certain location and that it should do a certain thing and when it is there and when it does what I thought then that is almost perfect software the difference being not only do I want it predictable but I want it smart.
ConsWas not much variety also I think it neeed problem solving templates like logical orders to things. Like you always do this and then that in certain circumstances. For example to do a presentation you will need to gather info then sort and removed then categorize then blah blah blah but that can be pulled into the mind map all at once...all those steps so once you've established that as a something your going to do , can you imagine how many different things we do that have predetermined steps and by dragging two side by side we would easily , visually see how they would related or cancel each other or show redundancy...hey shouldn't I get royalties for this one?
Chris S.
Pharmaceuticals, 1-10 employees
August 9, 2016

“A better way of mind mapping ”

OverallMindVector provides a different experience to other mind mapping tools. I terms of visualizing your thoughts, you can arrange the map exactly as you want to, just like drawing, and you have multiple ways of viewing the maps using the Visualizer tool. The online sharing functionality means you can share you can collaborate easily with friends and colleagues wherever you are
ProsI love having the ability to lay my thoughts out exactly as I want to, and attach pictures and links easily to any of them. The flexibility means I can use it for process maps as well as mind maps, and for presentations where I want to take people through a logical flow of a story. I also like that it supports many languages.
ConsUnlike other software, you can't export directly to Microsoft Office tools, and the printing functionality still needs some work.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you're new to mind mapping, read up on the concept first so that you get the most out of the approach. MindVector is simple and easy to use, but like any tool you need to understand why you're using something to use it to its best
August 9, 2016
Daniel C.
Freelance Author
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
May 22, 2018

“Used for developing an outline for a novel”

OverallImmediately streamlined my thought process.
ProsThe software is easy to learn and allowed me to map out all of the scenes needed to get from the beginning of the novel to the final sequence and easily restructure the order of scenes and add notes to each scene as ideas present themselves to me.
ConsI would like the individual nodes to be collapsible to reduce clutter as your organizing your thoughts
G J.
Principal
Legal Services, 1-10 employees

“Simply Outstanding!”

OverallHave used this a couple of years and could not be happier with the program. I can, on the fly, change my priorities to fit my busy schedule. It is so nimble and easy to use, I'm not sure what I would do without it ... very, very pleased. I use it every day!
ProsVery quick and agile
ConsThere is nothing I do not like about Mind Vector.
Recommendations to other buyersUSE IT!
Brandon J S.
Content Writer
May 31, 2018

“The app is wonderful, it helps to focus the mind and is good way to visualize complex topics”

OverallIt has been tremendously helpful in my field of work which is writing, it allows me to arrange a flow type chart so that I can organize the various subjects that I'm writing about. It is an extremely useful tool that allows you to arrange a myriad of different subjects and sorted by where each one relates to the other. an invaluable tool for anyone who works with a complex set of variables.
ProsI like the way it looks and I like that you are able to arrange your grids in a way that makes sense to you. I like the colors and the options available to customize it, I also like that you can label each bubble and assign whether the bubble is subordinate to equal to the originating bubble.
ConsI wish that it would allow you to assign more than one main topic bubble, instead of having to begin a new chart.
May 31, 2018
Retail, 51-200 employees

“Easy”

OverallMind mapping helps capture and reorganise information
ProsLogical and simple to lay out. Intuitive operation. Great features to view the mind maps in different formats. Can export data to other software. Layout is fun and engaging with different layout colour options
ConsNo list option is about the most frustrating con. It would be great to translate the map intuitively into lists to use as project plans, etc.
Miguel G.
1-10 employees
March 20, 2018

“Mind Mapping Simplicity For Quick Effective Designs”

OverallMind Vector allows you to put together Mind Maps and other flow charts with ease and speed. When you need to create something almost immediately, the simplicity of Mind Vector cannot be beat. It provides all the essential features you need and then some.
ProsMind Vector is a great alternative for mind mapping. Starting with a free account that provides up to 3 maps with limited functionality, it offers just the right amount of features to get you started. It is intuitive and easy to use, while offering just the right balance of customization features for just about any mind mapping with basic and intermediate complexities. Mind Vector allows for exporting in various file formats, collaboration, and printing.
ConsNot necessarily a con, considering the price range and standard features, but extensive customization of the maps is not possible. You must work with what it offers in the way of templates and themes with just a bit of customizing features like line style, colors, etc. But you cannot get extensively creative with Mind Vector.
March 20, 2018
Mark L.
Financial advisor
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

“Excellent app”

OverallHave been using the mind vector app for about 2 yrs. easy to use and works great. Really helps me plan and organize projects, to do lists and my work days. Really love it. You gotta try it out....
ProsVery easy to use, quick to learn.
ConsWish I could automatically see the notes when I print it out.
Gaurav J.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
July 28, 2016

“Best Mind Mapping Software”

OverallI was new to mind mapping and I came across mind vector after trying a few apps. Me and my team love it.
Pros- ease of use - collaborate with team - access from all devices
Consmaybe a few more formatting options auto layout of nodes
July 28, 2016
Ainar L.
Furniture, 1-10 employees

“MindVector Joinery”

OverallI use Mind Vector for organize my work at workshop till yo building when swe install furnicher , and its very useful organise and remember all my works
ProsEasy to use Good design
Angie T.
Freelance
Internet, Self-employed
March 27, 2017

“Mind Vector is my go to”

OverallI love Mind Vector because it does exactly what I need quickly and easily. I can easily save my charts, edit them or make new ones. It's fast enough to keep up with me when I'm brainstorming.
ProsEasy to use, easy to learn... and it's quick.
ConsNothing
Al C.
Operations and logistics
May 29, 2018

“Was super easy to navigate and engage with my coworkers the brainstorm ideas, is just amazing.”

ProsThe fact I can type, paste, copy and bring more brainstorm ideas help me to bring my team together and engage with the projects we have.
ConsA little bit frustrations when I try to open in another device the project I had done and I couldn't linked it at all, however, I give you my hands up for this amazing idea
May 24, 2018

“Mind Vector helped me to build a clear picture of my goals, + the road + priorities to achieve them.”

ProsMind Vector is really easy to use. I loved its versatility and ability to export a pdf format of my maps to Dropbox, which let me review my maps anywhere and anytime easily. As I said previously, Mind Vector let me create a clear map where I can organize and see all the things I want to do, so I can check the whole picture easily at one sight and take actions accord it. Mind Vector is very easy to use and has become one of my everyday use apps.
ConsI probably would like to have the chance to write more text in a paragraph format. A short paragraph. Not in the form of a line. I don't know if this goes against the rules of the concept map building theory (probably), but sometimes I need to write more but I don't like the long lines of text.
Higher Education, Unspecified
May 23, 2018

“Great software and very useful ”

OverallImproved my productivity and helped meto work more rapidly
ProsEasy to use and fast in functions and very valuable in comparison to the money The customer support team are very cooperative and helpful
ConsThe user interface could be more attractive and the icons could be more clear and descriptive to function The compatibility is not widely supported between different devices and operating systems
May 23, 2018
Jose L.
Frontend Developer
Internet, Unspecified
May 27, 2018

“Mind Vector has made my life as a web designer so much easier”

ProsMind Vector has made my web design jobs a lot easier. I am able to use Mind Vector for many things from developing a website, giving the website structure by site mapping, developing product and developing a whole business. I like that it is easy to use, very easy to learn, and love that I am able to use it almost anywhere because of I can save anything to the cloud. The free version works perfectly fine for me, although it does limit you from some features, but it is still a great app. I am able to organize my ideas.
ConsI don't think I've found any cons about the software. I like it very much, even with limitations it gives you when using the free version.
May 27, 2018
Aditya S.
May 22, 2018

“It is very good and easy to use ”

ProsThis app is very good for remaining organized, as well as being creative. It is very easy to use It is colorful and is overall a great mind map app that everyone should use
ConsIt is sometimes messy. My least favorite is that you can't have unlimited mind maps without paying. I didn't like this because other apps can hold unlimited maps for free
Jordan P.
Managing Member
11-50 employees
February 10, 2018

“Excellent For Those Flooded With Ideas”

ProsThis has been a huge life saver for me! I have had a tough time as of late organizing my thoughts and ideas down to a distilled format which I can constantly keep an eye on. I believe that every person, whether a business person or not can benefit from this. I will continue to heavily rely on this and keep track of my goals, thoughts, and ideas!
February 10, 2018
Kevin Y.
SENIOR RISK ADVISOR
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,001+ employees

“A Good Program”

OverallThis program has been very useful in my work. The ability to provide some initial visualisation to my projects is first rate. The only downside is that is doesn't allow a second parent to be linked to an item if multiple streams are being drawn.
ProsTHE ABILITY TO MAP CONECTIONS
ConsTHE INABILITY TO LINK A SECOND PARENT TO AN ITEM. ALSO, WHAN YOU COLOUR BOXES, THE SAVE FUNCTION DOES NOT SAVE THE COLOURING.
Recommendations to other buyersSOME SMALL RECOMMENDATIONS MADE ABOVE WOULD MAKE THE NEXT UPDATE GREAT
Candace O.
May 22, 2018

“Very smooth. Easy to work.”

ProsIt allows me to quickly map and organize my thoughts so I can write essays much easier and more efficiently.
ConsThe online version is great, but the display is a little too big to work well on mobile phones. It is sometimes difficult to see what I have and where it is when working on my phone.
Leo L.
Consumer Goods, Unspecified
July 25, 2016

“Very helpful mind mapping map”

OverallI tried the app when trying to make plan for my personal trip, and find it very intuitive and easy to use. So I started using it for many of my plans and even in my work. So far I am very happy with the app that allows a convenient and innovative way for brainstorming, keeping notes and presenting.
Pros1. Intuitive interface, user-friendly features and neat design 2. Cloud storage and all-operating system sharing 3. Collaboration based on cloud storage
Cons1. Need more emoticon 2. The position of texting box need to be adjusted to not block
Recommendations to other buyers1. Wish you guys have Chinese website and tutorial for new users in form of video/article 2. Share interesting mind maps created by users to inspire other users

By I2E Consulting on July 26, 2016
Thank you for reviewing the app. We will try to address your concerns at the earliest.
July 25, 2016
Ayobami O.
Doctor
May 25, 2018

“It was just what I needed. Absolutely perfect. ”

ProsEase of use Able to share as a photo or a pdf. Storage on the app so you can go back to it anytime to add to it or modify it
ConsNot enough designs or colors. You can't be as creative as you want to be with them. Sometimes it makes mind maps stand out to you when they differ in design.
Lebo M.
May 24, 2018

“The experience has been as expected, which is to say good.”

ProsEase of use and intuitive nature of building a mindmap. There are also good options to be able to build a good mindmap.
ConsOne cannot build more than one sentence in one node. One can only build long sentences. We want to be able to out up a list in a node.
Georgiana K.
Sales & Performance Coach
May 22, 2018

“Super easy, and super fun!”

Overalleasy to plan out my future of my business and then be able to make changes
ProsIt is super easy to use. The colors make it fun and easy to categorize, Being able to move things around so easily makes it simple
ConsThat I did not design it! It is sometimes hard or doesn't work to share with others. Not sure if it is user error
Abhilash K.
Application expert
Chemicals, 201-500 employees
May 25, 2018

“This software is easy to use for any where ”

ProsThis is convenient to understand and learn easy to use and This is used for our regular expenses and misused
ConsThis is our regular use and This is used for our regular expenses and misused our daily product in our life.
Amanda W.
May 22, 2018

“I really like the app! I never had any issues.”

ProsThat it's free! And it's easy to use; it was simple, but not in a bad way, it was exactly what I needed for class.
ConsThat on the notes feature there was a character limit. It forces you to write shorthand. Not a huge deal though.
Curtis T.
Groups Pastor
May 22, 2018

“Exactly what I was looking for”

ProsIt's simple and easy to use. Really helps map out the items that I need to map out. Able to use it cross-platform
ConsNot enough features or flexibility (colors, texts, etc.). The overall software is bland and not scalable.
Vishal S.
Business development
May 22, 2018

“Beatbox mind mapping tool”

ProsThe best thing about this tool is that it can be used on my phone, iPad and laptop. Moving the nodes is so easy.
ConsThe nodes don't get the same color code and they have to be manually changed to the same color. The only improvement I think
Humberto P.

“Cool but no attaching”

ProsEasy of use, It helps me organize my thoughts in a very simple and effective way. Also it comes with cool features for design and creativity.
ConsI mostly never use it on a daily or weekly basis. It doesn't create a bond between the team and it's functionality.
Michael T.
Reporting Analyst
Computer & Network Security, 10,001+ employees
March 28, 2017

“Great Product!”

OverallI use this all the time to map out my projects at work before starting on them. It really helps to be able to visualize your thoughts and to be able to glance down at them when you feel yourself going off tangent.
ProsVery easy to use.
ConsWould like to use different shapes and make potential flow charts.
March 28, 2017
Mary W.
Professional Organizer
May 29, 2018

“Was able to create a full content map within 1/2 hour...only limited by my typing & clicking speed”

ProsI love that it's so easy to change appearance or add icons right from the same menu. The themes make it so easy to delineate clear patterns and level distinctions.
ConsI haven't found any major dealbreakers yet, but I'll come back and update when I find something. I'm interested in a mind map that can convert to kanban, but I might be asking for too much.
Callum G.
May 25, 2018

“The software was perfect for revision for university exams.”

OverallPassed my university exams
ProsIt's relatively easy to use. Additionally the colour coding makes it so much easier to revise from.
ConsSome features need upgrading like the adding new tabs component that could be a lot more efficient with a shortcut like shift-n
Kate K.
Meeting Planner
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
May 22, 2018

“This program has allowed me to organize my ideas in a creative yet orderly fashion. ”

OverallOrganization!
ProsIt was easy to figure out from the get go. I was able to organize my thoughts in one sitting and then since the app is so readily available, add to it almost anytime a new idea popped up.
ConsI would love some additional font options. It's a silly thing, but when I'm creating, I like to try different looks depending on the idea.
Dakota L.
Tutor
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
May 24, 2018

“The program worked well for creating mind maps for students”

OverallWorked great with my student I tutored in creating a story minimap.
ProsGreat for setting up basic mind maps with different ways of viewing the maps. Lets you spread the bubbles whichever way is more convenient. You can insert comments and photos into the maps as well.
ConsDoesnt do very well with personalization, you can't choose the colors of your bubbles. That's my only complaint aside from potentially being able to add comments to another map as a different user.
Terry D.
Corporate Relations Manager

“Mindvector”

OverallEasy to commit thoughts to mind map ... and transfer to Evernote and Project Planning and other IOS devices getting better with the.use of the cloud!
ProsSimple
ConsNeeds to be refreshed from time to time ... add some new ways of joining boxes!
Recommendations to other buyersJust I like software that can easily transfer files from Mac book Pro to iPad Pro to my mini iPad to my Apple IPhone 7. It has to be SEAMLESS!
Amanda Jo L.
student

“Super difficult to use”

Overalln/a
ProsI like the concept of it but that's honest to go about it. The colors were cool, too, I guess.
ConsHow hard it was to use and how much work I lost. There were many days when I would have to start all over from the beginning.
Rachel M.
Researcher
Higher Education, 5001-10,000 employees
May 22, 2018

“Needed to make maps for school, and this made them all look extremely professional!”

OverallCould easily map out concepts
ProsI love that I could change colours and have more control over the organization and layout of my materials
Cons- I wish there was a way to have the software automatically straighten the lines, and not have the text blocks covering one another. Doing it manually was frustrating. - I also would love to see an update where you can link two text boxes, without the arrow of directionality.
Mike D.
Warranty Technician
Consumer Goods, Unspecified
March 27, 2017

“ESSENTIAL FOR THE TOOLKIT”

OverallI have yet to find another tool that allows the user to jot ideas, tie them together, and almost visualize a critical path/s, and provide a pictorial view. It's almost like creating the PERTH without restraints. Love this tool as a project manager and as a homeowner.
ProsEase of use and different functions.
ConsNone
Recommendations to other buyersExport ability to pm software.
Michael R.
Sr. Project Manager
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
April 18, 2017

“Great Mind Mapping Software”

OverallTried multiple different mind mapping products and I find mind vector to the best one for the money.
April 18, 2017
Mohammed B.
Teacher
May 24, 2018

“Easy to use and create a mind map without any hassles.”

OverallI was able to create a mind map and therefore was able to better organise my thoughts, by being able to visualise/see the connections.
ProsI liked the fact that it was easy to use. When I wanted to draw a mind map, the options to add new nodes was straight forward.
ConsTo access all the features I needed to pay. Good software, but not every aspect of it is free to use. Also I need to enable Flash when using it on a computer.
Owen M.
April 4, 2017

“Principal Consultant & Company Director”

OverallI consult in the ERP space focusing on implementing both processe driven and systems based solutions for business. MindVector is an excellent mind mapping tool that I use extensively in brainstorming and requirements workshops with clients. Great product!
Mark O.
Student / Work Study

“Simple but great ”

OverallAfter using the mind vector it was nice to be able to relay thoughts and ideas in an intricate way. Though having it on a screen you can look at doesn't seem enough, being able to transfer them to other programs easily would be great i.e. powerpoint. The simplicity of it made it easy to use but just that, easy to use. I do hope for more features to be able to customize the mapping process more easily and more pleasing to present. After using other mind mapping programs, it feels a bit lacking. Other than the lackluster of features, the program is an ideal for mapping out ideas which have helped in that aspect. I am happy with the program overall nonetheless and look forward to more features in future updates.
ProsVery simple.
ConsFar too simple lacking features.
Recommendations to other buyersNothing distinguishes this from other mind mapping software, it needs more features and more customizability in the formatting.

“avergae application. ”

Prosthe application is very cheap compared to other applications. has app for pretty much all platforms.
Consthe syncing functionality with different platforms is very poor. this is the one that you expect from such a software adding attachments is not a breeze either
Brendon A.
Lighting pro
Facilities Services, Self-employed

“Simple and helpful”

OverallKeeping my mind clear so being able to focus on the core goal without forgetting the smaller items.
ProsVisual and clear graphics not over complicated . Clear to use without the need for tutorials. Used to make mind maps.
ConsThe size of my phone makes it a little difficult to see and press icons. Adding new boxes can be tricky on larger vectors.
Blake C.
Consultant & Instructor
Management Consulting, Unspecified
May 22, 2018

“MindVector is intuitive, however, there are some shortcomings.”

OverallI was able to quickly create mind-maps using MindVector.
ProsThe value of MindVector is the most appealing aspect. Then, I'd place the ability to quickly create a mind-map using MindVector.
ConsThe most frustrating features were MindVector's glitchiness when saving files and using on tablets and phones.
hashim a.
Managing Director
Media Production, 11-50 employees
May 16, 2017

“I am enjoying to use Project Planning Pro. It is similar to Ms Project - Windows version.”

OverallThis software helps me the plan all projects, big or small, for my company. It is very much user friendly.
ProsIt is easy to use. Was able to relate with MS-Project software which I have used extensively. The menus are simple and user friendly.
ConsI am to able to change the calendar from Arabic to English calendar. Please help to resolve this issue.
May 16, 2017
Hazem A.
April 1, 2017

“Great to bring your mind together ”

OverallI have used mindvector a couple of time on iPhone and iPad it is a good software, easy to use and does a great job. I have seen a lot of new features getting on since I started and wish the team all the best for the future
Brian M.
Technical Manager
Hospital & Health Care, Unspecified

“Very Easy to Use”

OverallMindVector is very easy to use. It is a great application to map out ideas and projects. It is easy to create flow charts and organize thoughts.
ProsEasy to use.
ConsCould use due dates and priority for items
May 29, 2018

“I recommend the Mind Vector Software both free and paid versions”

OverallEase of mapping out ideas.
ProsEasy of use. Up and Running in minutes. Easy to switch down path groups over to other nodes easily.
ConsHave not found any major problems. You do need to remember to check the color codes for each node. I would like a way that you could set a default for each level of nodes.
Kasey S.
Fire fighter
Public Relations and Communications, 501-1000 employees
May 29, 2018

“I have had a great experience. I loved the mind mapping you can do with ease. It is very easy to use”

OverallI can see what all is connected and what is going on outside my brain
ProsI liked how simple the software is to use. I can use it on all of my devices that I own. It also keeps me organized.
ConsSometimes the can be a little distracting seeing all of what is going on in your mind Map. Maybe an easier way to see it all.
Rebecca S.
May 22, 2018

“Mind Vector helped me categorize my thoughts/ideas on an accessible format. ”

ProsI liked that I was able to color code my bubbles and I could add pictures, stickers and videos. It helped me keep my thoughts organized.
ConsMy least favorite thing was that I couldn't make my bubbles larger in size. It would be nice to have access to format an individual bubble.