Entrée Ratings

Overall

About Entrée

NECS entrée is a Food Distribution Software application for Windows that delivers both tremendous power and ease-of-use not seen in other food distributing systems. With 1,500 distributors running their foodservice operation on NECS, it makes us the largest food distributing software vendor in this category. The NECS food distributing system is ideal for full line wholesale foodservice distribution, meat distribution, seafood distribution, produce distribution and cheese distribution. Learn more about Entrée

James F.
2.5/5
June 19, 2014

“20 year veteran office manager user/ trainer of entree”

ProsThe software can meet the needs of any organization. The design of the components that make up the package can be initiated and used as almost separate components. Of course, the most benefit is realized by using all components in harmony, but perhaps there are companies who would not need to use all of the components all of the time. The software can be scaled from a single computer user who just wanted purchase order management to a large network using all facets of the software as needed. The software is infinitely customizable and can easily grow with your needs. The software is easily understood by first time users, and employees with no computer experience can be up and running with a short training time.
ConsI personally think this product is fabulous. I initiated it in our business many versions ago, and at that time, I bought it from or because of a printed advertisement. It was a single-user system, and our small company management was very skeptical of its promised benefit. Being the only person who believed it could help, I was responsible for everything it could and couldn't do. The accompanying manual was enormous, and I had a very difficult time putting it all together, fighting management all the way. What I like least is that there is very little help and instruction offered to the small time-user. Of course, now there's online and phone product support and training offered by the vendor, but I feel it can only be afforded by very large corporate clients. There should be some kind of tutor with tips and suggestions that can be sidebarred or built in to help the small needs user.
Recommendations to other buyersWhatever software package you consider, I recommend you consider if it can be effectively used if one chooses not to use all the components of the package. They need to work together, but you should be able to grow into it.
June 19, 2014
Tom W.
August 31, 2015

“NECS Entree software for food distributors”

ProsNECS software is the best possible. So easy to use and so easy to contact the staff.
ConsThere is nothing I don't like about the product or vendor. This product does everything that we could possibly want and then some. The owner of the company and his staff attend the Dot Food Show and the two Golbon Conferences annually. I get to visit with them at those shows. I have also attended two regional NECS one day seminars in Dallas and New Orleans. The regional seminars are much less expensive than traveling to their home office.
Recommendations to other buyersJust buy it. You will be pleased. We started using the software in 2002. New versions and updates have been very easy and we are up to date with the latest and best software available.
August 31, 2015
Susan H.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
August 30, 2019

“Un-Happy”

OverallLove, Hate!!
ProsCache Weights. For more money you can personalize it. Fills the need of a Food Distribution business.
ConsI had a version that was discontinued which I paid A lot of money for more than 10 years ago. We are a small company and the program is over kill but I needed cache weights. They recently made me upgrade and spend A lot more money for software that they haven't perfected. I'm very unhappy with the new version, the old version was easier, better and every few years we call to get the kinks out. But the new version is not performing properly and I've called tooooo many times to fix it. And still they have not!!!!!
August 30, 2019
Tammy C.
July 13, 2016

“Entree is the way to go!”

ProsEasy to learn and very user friendly. I can always teach new employees to use the system quickly. We like how much or how little information we can get on reports. I always enjoy working with the vendor. They take very good care of us.
ConsAt this time I don't have anything that we don't like.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you have the time to attend a class with NECS always go. I have learned so much by going to an onsite class.
July 13, 2016
Anthony P.
Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees
March 3, 2018

“Pezzello Bros Fruit & Produce, Inc.”

ProsFirst system we invested in the "beta" NECS before "entre'" in 1990's the learning curve was difficult. People from the company came on site to our company with our Start-up and made adjustments on the fly. Today the system has evolved into one of the best wholesale distributor programs in the world. It's amazing how fast NECS caught on but they still cater to our needs. We would recommend Entree to any wholesale company the technology that NECS is offering is second to none.
March 3, 2018
Michael A.
July 17, 2013

OverallWe are a family owned, full line Foodservice distributor. In 1998, we knew it was time to start making it easier on ourselves and started looking for software that would do everthing we wanted it to. We used to do everything hand written. NECS Entree simplified our operation. We have been using Entree ever since, and going back I wouldn't have done anything different - except get the program earlier. The program is easy to use and easy to train new employees with. NECS has always responded to any issues we may have had promptly. Being able to get programs built to our needs is very important to us. I have recommended this system to other distributors and would continue to recommend NECS. We have been using the iPads for the salesmen, and they love it - except they are limited on what they can do as far as running reports, adding to orders, and making changes in the customers account. Without giving them access remotely, the salesman are limited.
Scott M.
July 17, 2013

OverallWe have been using NECS Entree for many years as a local food distributer, and have found the system to be a vital piece of our operation. As we have grown and used more pieces of the system we have come to value all the tools that Entree has to offer. In fact, Entree has continued to create enhancements that make our daily operation easier and more efficient. The support and training available at NECS for the entree system is second to none. I have taken part in a 3 day seminar presented by NECS, and whenever we have a question their phone technical support is outstanding. I have met most of the staff including Chris - the CEO, Harold - the salesman, and many of the support staff. The majority of my technical support dealings have been with Hajer, and she always either has an answer or has the ability to get the answer for us. I would highly recommend the software and the company behind the software for all your foodservice software needs.
Bob C.
3.5/5
October 2, 2015

“Entree -great features and easy to use”

ProsPrice updates are easy. Reports are easy to use. Purchase orders are easy to use.
ConsWish there was an easier way to learn more ways to use the software.
Recommendations to other buyersPlease check out this software and company. They are top notch.
October 2, 2015
Maureen S.
July 8, 2013

OverallI have been dealing with Entrée for approximately six months, and the Customer Service is excellent. They never seem to want to get you off the phone and you never seem rushed. I would like to say that the person that I have done most of my problem solving with is Hajar, and she is truly a pleasure to speak to and always is cheerful. If there more people like her, we would not have any complaints. Entrée is great for inventory, customer contact information, vendor information, and so many other area's of the business. There is one thing that should be changed on the customer section, and that would be to have the email address on the first page - since so much more is being done with email.
July 8, 2013
Michael P.
July 5, 2013

OverallWe've been using Entree since 2005 and couldn't be happier with the software. We've used V2 and V3, and are anxiously awaiting NECS' brand new V4 SQL edition, which I had the privilege of seeing in action - and it's beyond impressive. Entree is very easy to use and is continuously updated with new and exciting features making the end-user's job easier and more efficient. Definitely worth mentioning is the terrific tech support from NECS. Anytime we need help or even custom programming, the helpful and knowledgeable staff is always willing to help. Over the years, I've developed close relationships with much of the staff at NECS including the owner. A very comfortable feeling to know the people you're dealing with.
July 5, 2013
Stan M.
April 15, 2010

“Entree Foodservice Software by NECS”

OverallFor anyone in the foodservice industry who, from their software, expects tighter controls and improved profitability, Entree is your solution. As a customer for over 10 years, I can attest to its positive impact on my business and I highly recommend it.
Pros-Very thorough reports -Extensive cost/pricing options -User settings are highly customizable -Software works in a practical method
Cons-All software, regardless of its author, has shortcomings in one for or another. With that said, Entree has no significant drawbacks worth mentioning.
April 15, 2010
Maureen R.
June 18, 2014

“Great customer service”

ProsThey have great customer service. The inventory program is great, as are the purchase orders, etc.
ConsI can't really think of anything. In the office, we really do not have any problems that are major. The system works great for our business.
Recommendations to other buyersDo your homework. Try out NECS on someone else's computer.
June 18, 2014
Denny G.
Controller
April 14, 2010

“Great Customer Service”

Overallnichol is a great asset for your company
Proshave worked with nichole over 10 years she has always been there for us all the way back to the dos version . very knowledgeable in every aspect of entree
Consseems like techs are busy a lot
April 14, 2010