Shop-Ware Ratings

Overall

About Shop-Ware

Shop-Ware is a leading shop management system that delivers an unparalleled experience to your customer and helps you drive increased profitability through staff efficiency and cutting-edge technology. Fully integrate digital vehicle inspections and shop workflow, eliminate paper and wasted time, and drive customer satisfaction with an all-in-one management system that works for you. Learn more about Shop-Ware

Lafayette H.
July 30, 2019

“Best way to communicate with customers”

OverallI also LOVE that I can track who has viewed the page. That way I can see if my customers are constantly moderating the work, and if they have seen a price quote, and are considering the job. It helps me know how to more efficiently sell work, and which customers I need to focus my energy on with the communication and sales side of my staff.
ProsMy customers love the transparency of my auto repair business as a result of Shop-Ware. The ability to add comments, upload photos, and communicate directly with my customers also keeps things organized. Instead of looking through texts, emails, and writing down notes from phone calls, all of the communication is kept neatly in the comment thread. Customers upload media as well, such as images of ROs of previous shops, or video of a car misbehaving that they were able to catch in the moment. My customers also love the constant updates, which keeps them from calling the shop. As much as I love talking to customers, I do not like to be disturbed while I am working on a car. The customer is able to log on to their online RO, and then see which items have been completed and which items are in the works.
ConsI am looking forward to a phone app, so that I do not have to open up my internet browser on my cell phone and log on every time. I think that's the only con I can think of at this point, and it's very minor.
July 30, 2019
Brandon M.
Service Manager
July 26, 2019

“Great company to team up with.”

OverallBecause it is an internet based program, everything is so simplified. The parts ordering integration works really well and speeds up the process of getting the customer handled as quickly as possible.
ProsEase of use is incredible. After having ROWriter and then being sold Protractor, ShopWare is in a class of its own.
ConsI haven't really experienced any cons. I can run it with my iPad from anywhere as long as I have cellular signal.
Dean S.
All Positions at all times
July 25, 2019

“I've used the rest, now I use the best. ”

OverallI have seen my GP, average ticket, and up sells go way up - like 25% and more up. I'm no spring chicken. I've been in this industry for 32 years and have used every major software platform out there as well as a few minor ones. I can tell you, they care and they listen. I had the opportunity to spend a good amount of time with the owner of Shop-Ware in the beginning and since have seen the entire staff emulate her approach to customer care. I have never experienced customer service remotely close to this.
ProsCustomer interaction, ease of use, ACCURATE inventory, superb customer support, uncanny reception to customer input, hi-tech image for any level shop, incredible customer reception, true gross profit optimization, user friendly, and reasonable terms with no contracts. They believe, as I do, that if you like the software, you'll never leave hence, no contracts.
ConsStill new and a few growing pains but really, very few, and they are punching through real working updates and features at the speed of light.
Philip C.
Director of Operations
July 25, 2019

“Beautiful interface, easy to use and powerful”

OverallVery professional, responsive, adaptable and kind!
ProsIt presents very well to our clients, they rave about it!
ConsNot being able to rearrange recommendations.
Justin B.
manager

“We love Shop-Ware!”

OverallWe love the ease and speed of it, the best part is being able to share with customers pictures and notes.
Prosshop-ware is very easy to use and learn and is extremely up to date. Making the switch from an old platform which didn't seem like it was updated since 2005 to Shop-Ware helped with speed of service and modernizing how we do things. One of our favorite parts is the ability to take pictures and notes and the ease of being able to send it to the customer. The parts ordering process is quite nice and easy as well.
ConsThe reports could be a little easier to pull data from and it would be nice if they could make them accessible to read through the software and not to have to use Excel or Google Sheets.
David G.
Manager, Fleet Maintenance
Education Management, 51-200 employees
September 19, 2019

“SOMETHING TO TRY...”

OverallFrom the day we contacted them to find out more about their product it has been an absolute joy to use! Not only the system, but the people too... SOOOO easy to work with!
Pros- Ease of use - Flexibility of the ENTIRE program - Customer Support!!!
ConsSadly, the things that we did not care for have all been completely revamped and upgraded. Now we LOVE them!!! (Sorry)
September 19, 2019
Matthew L.

“Excellent Program”

OverallGreat product that is continually improving, highly recommend
ProsEase of use, inspections are part of the software, ability to access from anywhere, customer service from Shop Ware team, monthly improvements, built in time clock, customer facing interactions
Conslack of reporting, inventory control and transferring, lack of permissions for larger shops,
Ric H.
1-10 employees
September 23, 2018

“Fast and complete estimates and workflow management. ”

OverallThis is a fairly new product (maybe 5 years) which is good and bad. Good in that it's modern software that's not compromised by having previous server based systems - it's designed to be fast and easy and it is. They are putting in new features weekly or even more often, but at this time it has a way to go to be the absolute best features-wise. For our shop, the speed and ease of use far outweighs having to use a couple workarounds. Customer service is extremely responsive and stays on any problem or request until it's done. Smart software & really intelligent, responsive and caring people.
ProsComplete a Repair Order in less than a minute from Customer coming in to signing the estimate Visibility to everything going on in the shop Quick financials by job or by individual services and recommendations, including GP on labor and parts Solid inventory and parts purchasing management Integrates easily and smoothly with Quickbooks Ecom ordering systems lets me look at my suppliers' price and availability side by side Open search routines - you don't have to flip around to different sections of the program to find something specific Auto-populates parts from your inventory when doing estimates/recommendations Do anything you need to from anywhere from any device. Good mobile implementation.
ConsScheduling system is standalone and doesn't work with other calendars (Google, etc.) I'd like more automation/notification on parts needed
September 23, 2018
Farhad G.
July 29, 2019

“Great service, product pretty solid.”

OverallWe have been part of Shop-Ware's growth since the early days. I have enjoyed watching the growth and development of the software. I am glad to have given early feedback that translated to actual action.
ProsEase of use, Constant improvement made by development team.
ConsLimitations on data export. Has gotten quite a bit better in last 6 months though!
Erick C.
July 26, 2019

“Game-changer for my business!”

OverallShop-Ware has allowed me to focus on growing and streamlining my business, and not fuss with hosting an in-house server like I did for our previous software package. I love their team, their service, and perhaps most of all, the results we're getting!!
ProsI love how easy it is to get new users up and running, how any device with a web browser can be used, and how easy it is to scale the number of users!
ConsTough call. I can't actually think of anything that's not to like about Shop-Ware.
Ric H.
July 25, 2019

“Fast, customer-focus, easy to use”

OverallSupport is fantastic. They respond instantly to emails or calls. Genuinely interested in helping.
ProsWorkflow is simple and easy for new users to learn. 90% of everything you need is in a few screens. As an online system, we can move from computer to computer and everything is in sync. The database is an open design, no need to save work or changes. Customer's get easy to understand repair orders or estimates for approval via text or email.
ConsStill needs some feature development to be on par with more robust systems.
Christian B.
Automotive, Unspecified
July 10, 2018

“Fantastic shop management system. Sold itself. Wish we had made the move a log time ago.”

OverallTime savings. Better GP management. Clearer communication between shop and customer as well as between front desk and technicians. Saved on monthly subscription and maintenance fees by canceling services include in Shop-Ware.
ProsEasy to use. Intuitive. Felt familiar from the first use. Conceived of and built by an actual shop owner. Provides very useful data at a glance without having to run a bunch of reports. The complicated stuff is built in so the operation is simple. Digital inspections, in RO photos and videos, direct texting between RO and customer are all built in which means I saved money by dropping other stand alone services. Cloud based means I can access from anywhere I have internet access and this expands my ability to serve my customers. Cloud based means I can access from anywhere I have internet access and this expands my ability to serve my customers. Digital inspections, in RO photos and videos and text direct between RO and customer bulit in so I saved money by dropping other stand alone services. Recommendations that didn't get approved on current RO are saved and included on following work orders. Cloud servers are more secure than my shop server. Been a long time since I've been this excited about a work software.
ConsI would like the pricing displays a little different. I would like to have true menu/package pricing options. Texting abilities are slim. BUT all of these are already being worked on, so not really a big issue just a field that required an entry.
July 10, 2018
Brin K.
Auto Shop Owner

“Number 1 Fan!”

OverallMy team and my clients love Shop-Ware. Shop-Ware has been a game changer for our company and we believe it is a game changer for the industry.
ProsWhat's not to love. My team loves it. My clients love it. Shop-Ware allows us to offer the transparency that we need, our clients need and the industry needs. Shop-Ware allows our clients to interact with the software. This gives them an opportunity to be a part of the repair process. After our clients participate with their repair, they are hooked. They have confidence in our team and they tell their friends.
ConsI can't think of one thing that I don't like about Shop-Ware.
Michael M.
July 31, 2019

“Shop-Ware boosted our sales of recomendations”

OverallThe ultimate goal is increased sales, productivity and profit. We get all of these as well as high marks from the customers. Lots of 5 star reviews!
ProsThe package is easy and intuitive. My staff took to it like a duck to water. Techs realized a boost in efficency and more completed hours. Sales staff tells me "it just gets better every day". Customers tell me "The dealership does not anything like this"
ConsI wish I had signed up sooner. There is nothing negative I can think of.
July 31, 2019
Leon K.

“Shop-ware user review”

Overallable to use the system on multiple devices , easy to refer to previous work history
Proscustomizable , customer service is very good & answered by a warm body that speaks English
Consreporting needs some help , unable to assign labor rate to specific vehicle
Travis D.
Automotive, Unspecified
August 23, 2016

“Shop-ware rocks!”

OverallShop-ware has grown into a feature packed full blown shop management system. As one of the early adopters our shop has seen the progress and how fast the development team has been adding features. Looking forward to the future and what more comes.
ProsWeb-based so we no longer need a server on site. Built in estimating, integration with quickbooks, dispatching and workflow management, full featured shop management software. Customers love being able to approve work online without phone tag.
ConsLike anything, occasionally there are hiccups or short periods of updating or server issues. However if there is an issue, they are super responsive and handle it as fast as humanly possible.
Recommendations to other buyersTry the free demo!
August 23, 2016
Steve S.
August 24, 2016

“Hands down, the best I've found”

OverallI have always wanted the features ShopWare provides but could never find it in another product. This software puts me heads and shoulders above my competitors and allows me the flexability to manage my shop the way I want too. Kudos to ShopWare for setting the bar for SMS!
ProsUpload pic, vids, TSB's, recalls, test results, you name it! PAPERLESS!!!!! Now there is a savings... Printer supplies, paper, Ink... Need I say more?
ConsIf you have to print an invoice (usually once a week or so) it may winde up being multiple pages.
Davie B.
Owner/tech

“Business Changing”

OverallOne of the best things I've done for my business. Instead of dealing with stacks of paper, I feel very Professional. My clients are impressed and that gives them even more confidence in using my services.
ProsBeing able to seamlessly communicate with my clients, including photos, all on one platform.
ConsLearning to navigate through some features took some effort in the beginning. However, that's probably more me and my lack of computer skills than Shop-Ware.
Eric S.
August 24, 2016

“Finally, a modern solution to shop management!”

OverallShop-Ware was the optimal solution for our shop. The architecture and implementation of the software is state of the art, cloud based technology, the feature's and flow of the system are designed by real shop managers and business owners, the product is stable, the support is top notch. We found nothing else that even comes close. It transformed our workflow in a matter of days. We produce more revenue and have higher customer satisfaction because of Shop-Ware.
ProsSensible, natural workflow. Ease of use. Excellent Customer support.
ConsNothing to report. We are delighted.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are looking at shop management software and someone offers to mail you a floppy disk or a cd-rom. Throw it in the trash and contact Shop-Ware.
Danielle S.
Service Advisor

“Absolutely wonderful ”

ProsShopware has made it easier for our customers to understand and to be able to communicate more proficiently
ConsEverything we don't like they seem to fix or be working on
Dave M.
Shop owner

“Happy Camper”

OverallBest decision/investment in shop software we have made -- I have seriously never dealt with any organization that has had this high a level of customer service!!
ProsI was able to with very little training. Jump right in and start running the shop with it. Seriously anyone with basic computer skills can get on and write a estimate and invoice it.
ConsIf i have to put a con it would be the parts ordering system. (parts tech) It's not terrible but defiantly has bugs.
Matthew L.
July 25, 2019

“Totally Changed My Business ”

OverallOnly good. The support is very responsive and helpful and they are constantly updating and improving the software.
ProsShop-Ware has totally changed my business for the better. My customers constantly rave about my ability to share the details of their repairs with pictures, video, PDF's ect. It has made the day to day running of my business easier and more efficient.
ConsI wish it had some form of CRM but I've been told it's in the works
Brian S.
July 25, 2019

“Excellent compared to all alternatives”

OverallVery positive, prompt response, very considerate of our requests, has allowed us to scale to three stores and will help us get to our goal of eight
ProsCloud based, real-time, has multi-shop interface, good reporting, learns and adapts as the month progresses, integrates with QB, supported by Bosch
ConsStill some features that need to be added, does not break down tires and upgrade parts (yet), can't see totals for each RO on the open work screen (yet)
Anthony L.
April 1, 2018

“Hands down the best tool in the shop!”

ProsEase of use, functionality, we are able to create masterpieces and present that to the client. There is no loss of information between the technician and the SA. All information collected is on the repair order and it looks phenomenal. Parts management is pretty awesome, I know if I have a part in stock for the next few days appointments and when I need to make a stock order all I do is make a couple of clicks and BAM I am done. This tool is saving time, we are able to get more done. It is fun for the team to use the software. Its cloud based which opens up doors that have always been locked. It is fun, we pass the ball--its kinda like a game.
ConsThere is still some reporting they need to incorporate which they are but its in Beta, from what I hear its phenomenal. That is a complaint from my controller/bookkeeper, if you asked me I have no complaints, so looking forward to watching this product grow.
April 1, 2018
Greg M.

“Innovative software”

ProsI really like how Shop-Ware is innovative and not like all the other SMS out there.
ConsShop-Ware has been great rolling out new features, but since it is new we have had to wait for some and still waiting for some features.
MIKE K.

“Shop POS System”

OverallAwesome and easy to use, fairly priced and awesome product support.
ProsEase of use and intuitive, just like what it is, using an interactive web page.
ConsHaving no option at present for a "counter ticket" (ie. for parts only with no vehicle or technician attached), or no work being performed on a vehicle but only selling parts to a customer like wiper blades or a quart of oil.
Albin M.

“Very good software”

OverallAfter using Shop-Ware for two years, I find it very easy to keep track of my work. Since it is cloud based, I have access to it everywhere I go, whether I am using a PC, or a cell phone, its always with me.
ProsThe Shop-Ware software is very easy to use. It is also great for managing my business with its great reports.
ConsAt times, the parts optimizer doesn't work properly.
Jasper B.

“Total Life Saver”

OverallIt streamlines all operations and saves me time. In an industry where efficiency is of the utmost importance, that is a valuable asset. If it saves me even 10-15 mins a day it pays for itself, and it definitely does that.
ProsShop-Ware integrates everything I need for managing appointments, performing inspections, writing estimates, ordering parts, and communicating with customers in one package. Particularly happy that it has built in digital inspection capability, allowing me to avoid third-party add-ons at additional cost.
ConsThis software allows me to operate totally paperless, but if customers do want a paper invoice it automatically prints any notes and pictures that are attached to the work order which results in more printing than totally necessary. I'm sure I could choose to omit these manually, but I never remember.
Greg M.
July 25, 2019

“ShopWare is awesome sauce”

ProsEase of use. Cloud based. Easy to add documentation like pictures. Frequently adding features.
ConsI don't think there's much I miss from previous software.
Chris F.
July 26, 2019

“All in one software solution for your shop”

ProsTransparency to the customer being able to easily communicate with the customer via text or email
ConsWorking with fleet customers. Shopware is aware of the issues and is working to solve the problems
April 11, 2019

“Love this software”

OverallGreat product for dealing with your customers.
ProsWe use this mainly to keep in touch with our customers and help them keep track of what's going on with their vehicle. We personally found this to be the best software around for that aspect.
ConsThe other aspects such as productivity and labor tracking could use some reworking as far as how they have the layout setup.
April 11, 2019
Lucretia P.
Service Technician
Automotive, 501-1000 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial

“Fantastic!”

ProsEverything i need in the same place! Its fantastic!
ConsAs always theres a learning curve with new software but its been less painful than i expected.