Close Management Software Ratings

Overall

About Close Management Software

FloQast is close management software created by accountants for accountants to help accounting teams close faster and more accurately. It provides a single place to manage the close and give everyone visibility. FloQast works with your existing checklists and Excel to manage the close. On average FloQast customers close 3 days faster. The award-winning solution is trusted by hundreds of accounting departments, including those at Twilio, Nutanix, Zillow and The Golden State Warriors. Learn more about Close Management Software

Marianne Z.
Biotechnology, 11-50 employees

“Perfect Solution”

OverallWe are a publicly traded company. Internal controls are part of our life in the office. Our auditors and PCAOB increasingly require companies to provide evidence of the controls, controls performance and efficiency. Before FloQast, our team had to create and update our monthly close tracking sheets manually and had to meet almost daily during the close time to ensure all tasks are done timely. The manual process created errors, miscommunication, and delays. Now, with FloQast, our close is almost stress free. My team can work remotely if they want to and get things on time. No micro management is needed. Our auditors have their evidence and get their SOX testing done REMOTELY with less questions as well. As my team's manager, I don't have to walk or call anyone to see where and how things are. If I have comments, I simply put those in FloQast and can see the progress and responses. Our close time and costs are cut down by almost one-third. Purchasing FloQast is one of the best decisions we've ever made. The team at FloQast is awesome. They listen, address our requests and provide assistance beyond our expectations. Thumbs Up!!!
Prosfast implementation, value, services, efficiency, ease of use....
ConsNo cons
Recommendations to other buyersNot sure if it has the mobile app yet.
Katherine K.
Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
March 29, 2019

“The product is so simple but so powerful”

ProsWe have been working with #FloQast for about 6 months now and this is one of the best investments we have made. The Implementation process was so quick and easy. You can get it up and running with the basics and then begin filling out all the fine details of the close process. We were in a difficult process of implementing a new accounting software system in our organization when we became aware of #FloQast. I don't think we would been able to catch up and get back on track with our monthly close process so quickly without #FloQast. It created a great structure for making sure everything was done and out staff love the satisfaction of checking off their tasks.
ConsStill looking for any significant deficiencies.
March 29, 2019
Fay B.
Assistant Controller
Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1000 employees
September 12, 2017

“Amazingly Efficient Tool With Outstanding Support Service!”

ProsAs the person who reviews most of the Balance Sheet accounts in my organization, I am very satisfied with this product. With daily uploads of the updated trial balance, FloQast lets me know at a glance, which accounts are out of balance. I am able to write comments, ask specific questions to the accountant in charge of reconciling the account directly within the software application. It is practical and user friendly. All of our reconciliations, support schedules and documents are located in one place. It is easily accessible to our accountants and managers, thus greatly improving our month and year-end processing. The FloQast support service is outstanding. They are very knowledgeable and always friendly and professional.
ConsThey are virtually nonexistent. This is not a stagnant program. With the willingness to take customer feedback seriously and apply new technology, I am certain FloQast will be continuously improving.
September 12, 2017
Internet, Unspecified
November 27, 2017

“The customer support is excellent. The system is very useful for month-end close.”

ProsIt has made the managing of month-end close tasks a lot easier as everything from tasks to reconciliations can be entered as a task to complete and is easily trackable.
ConsThere is not much communication between FloQast and the ERP system aside from looking up account balances.
November 27, 2017
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
November 13, 2017

“Floqast allowed us to efficiently implement a month end close process making review easier”

OverallBetter insight into our month end close for timeliness and accuracy.
ProsThe pros are ease of use and modification. The website is intuitive to use and has good visuals. The ability to link to our existing process allowed for easy implementation and instruction to our staff. The customer support has also been great with short response times for almost any issue. The FQ team have regularly reached out regarding additional items that could be added to the platform as well.
ConsOne of the cons we have run into is our use of OneDrive but some of our connectivity issues are not attributed to Floqast specifically. The biggest downside for our use of the system has been the inability to separate reviewer and preparer from having something due. If the preparer has not completed the task it is still shown as open for the reviewer. This also affects analytics as a reviewer can't control the timeliness of the preparer in some cases.
November 13, 2017
Vivian K.
May 19, 2017

“Excellent Product with Excellent Support”

ProsIt's an excellent tool for accounting management to control the closing process and review reconciliations. The implementation was very easy setup by FloQast team. The administration part is very straightforward. FloQast provided great training and the program has been constantly updated with better tools and functions.
ConsThe calendar setup probably can be more flexible. We are trying to let our payroll team to use the closing process for bi-weekly payroll schedule but the calendar is more setup for accounting closing purpose with monthly, quarterly and annual calendar.
Alison H.
Accounting Supervisor
May 19, 2017

“Wonderful customer service! Great product for month end closes!”

ProsGives me a great feel of where we are in the month end closing process without having to go around and bug my team to see where they are at or what they have left to finish. GREAT customer service!! No matter who I contact, they are quick to email back and fix any issue.
ConsGoing back and forth between BOX and FloQast. If we had multiple additional hours to add all of our reconciliations to BOX, it might be helpful for year end close. We tried doing so when we first started using FloQast (when all uploads weren't carried forward month to month), but we haven't done any uploads recently.
Chris P.
Assistant Controller
Computer & Network Security, 501-1000 employees
October 31, 2017

“FloQast gives me outstanding visibility regarding the close status and account reconciliations”

OverallStrong visibility and comfort regrading the status of the accounting close.
ProsI like the reconciliation function that allows me to see the account reconciliation status and whether the recons have been reviewed and approved. The reconciliation tool integrates with NetSuite to identify unreconciled accounts and whether all the recons have been prepared, using a completeness check.
ConsI find adding new subsidiaries, which includes a new checklist items, setting up recons and ensuring that storage provider is accurately set-up a challenge at times.
Kenny B.
staff accountant
Computer Hardware, 51-200 employees

“Great tool!”

OverallOur company has been using FQ for almost 2 years. Within that time frame, we've had a major company infrastructure change and I was able to work with Lilith to help maintain the smooth transition. She's been with us from implementation, and I'm glad she's provided continued support to this day. I cannot speak for all customers, but the support we received is well above avg. in response and resolution. The FQ team is constantly trying to improve their product and ask for feedback on anything. Features we asked about when we implemented are now a standard feature, which shows they are listening and are actively testing new features to bring to the standard product. Admins require some computer knowledge, mostly for setup, but FQ will help you every step of the way.
Prosgreat support, easy to learn as admin, via internet
ConsWe use Box.com for our storage, and the issue we run into is our admins from implementation deleted folders because they didn't like that folder structure, so they decide to make changes, which FQ makes those folders unique, so when we deleted, it took a function away from us.
Neepa S.

“I like FloQast!”

ProsIt helps the team to focus on close related items and manage reconciliations in more time efficient manner.
ConsIt does not provide any notification if the previous month reconciliation is out of balance. It would be great if FloQast can show the comments or notes in separate column next to the checklist or reconciliation rather than hiding it.
October 31, 2017

“Easy and great customer service”

ProsThe software is very user friendly, everything is in one place and has easy audit trails. The customer service is excellent and there are very quick responses. They also have implemented many of our suggestions.
ConsIt would be nice to have aging for the reconciliations and the ability for customer fields in the checklists.
Internet, 201-500 employees
April 3, 2019

“Great for global teams!”

OverallWe started as a small team of me and two others, where I was doing the main account recs. We were not able to reconcile all the balance sheet accounts and the month-end close process was loose. Implementing Floqast forced us to put together a formal close checklist and allowed me to easily assign tasks to the others on the team and hold them accountable. We're now a team of six people in two countries and the visibility of Floqast across entities allows me to know exactly where we are in the close process and at what step we're running into issues.
ProsI love the ease of use and ability to quickly add new users and entities. The user interface is well thought out and allows users to quickly learn the software.
ConsI can't think of anything I don't like about Floqast.
April 3, 2019
Nikhil M.
Security and Investigations, 501-1000 employees
November 6, 2017

“Good tool to keep track”

ProsKeeps track of checklist and outstanding items, keeps updating changes in accounting software, highlights imbalances.
ConsDesire for more - I would like to use the tool more on the analytics and enhanced review. Keen to see what new features keep coming in
Julie R.
Accounting Manager, Outsourced Accounting Services
October 31, 2017

“FloQast makes my life so much easier. I have clients and don't know how I would manage without FQ!”

ProsThe dashboard is a great way to stay organized and make sure all tasks and deadlines are met efficiently and effectively. The review notes are very handy for communicating any questions or comments to other team members.
ConsI have found some of the administrative functions to be a little cumbersome but no issues with the basic user features.
Building Materials, 501-1000 employees
April 21, 2019

“Useful for Monitoring the Monthly Close”

ProsI've been using this product for about 8 months. I like that I can add my own monthly checklist items so that I never forget to do any deliverables during the close. I also like that I'm alerted via email when my accounts are out of balance; however, I get alerts for all accounts that are out of balance, not just the ones I'm in charge of, which is something I wish did not happen. It's also great that this software saves copies of all your files on their Box site. I've accidentally deleted a file on my company's shared drive that I had spent hours on, and being able to access this deleted file on Floqast's website made my day!
ConsI've had a lot of syncing issues, which can be very frustrating when the software isn't recognizing files or files don't show up.
April 21, 2019
Teela C.
Printing, 201-500 employees
October 31, 2017

“User friendly, I love it.”

OverallFloQast helped us streamline our month end check list and gave us a better structure to eliminate errors and be more efficient.
ProsThe sorting feature is great. I enjoy the ability to be able to see what I have due and whether or not it is complete.
ConsWish I could sort by other people. There are times when I am waiting on others to get a part of their job done before I can begin working on my task so using a filter to search by other individuals would be great.
Faaria C.
External contractor
May 1, 2017

“FloQast is a user friendly tool that has helped us organize and control our close process. ”

ProsThe customer support team is fantastic- very helpful and the response time is instantaneous. The tool is also pretty user friendly and intuitive to use, this has allowed minimal downtime when adding new users and cut down on training time.
ConsWe experienced some minor road bumps with google syncing up on a delay but that was resolved. We look forward to all the updates and additional functionalities the developers are making.
Jennifer M.
Vice President
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
November 1, 2017

“FloQast has helped us better organize our close process and keep on track.”

ProsSign offs, everything you need for review is in one spot. Integration with Intacct and box.com. High quality customer service.
ConsThis has more to do with cloud storage providers than FQ. We would like to be able to sync box.com (or another provider) with our server rather than having to save files directly, but have been unable to find a solution for this. Our IT policy does not allow us to sync from our desktops.
Ryan C.
Senior Accountant
Accounting, 201-500 employees
September 21, 2017

“Probably one of the best products for accountants in years.”

OverallIt helped us effectively transition from a quarterly close process to a monthly close process. Additionally, it has helped us to organize and streamline our balance sheet reconciliations while eliminating wasteful processes.
ProsI love the hash-tag feature because it provides the user with the flexibility and computational power of Excel with the robustness of a reconciliation data warehouse. Additionally, the checklist feature is a great way to plan out your month and your financial close. We also use FloQast to capture audit evidence surrounding review and approvals. This has been paramount to our success in both internal and external audits.
ConsI wish you could rename folders within the FloQast application; however, I have faith that this feature will be added with time.
September 21, 2017
Emily G.
April 26, 2017

“Great Product and Customer Service!”

OverallThis software has sufficiently helped and improved our close process. Prior to FloQast we were using excel timelines and calendars that we would forget to update. FloQast sends us daily reminders and updates each month to keep us up to date with the status of the close and how we can close the books faster in future months. The General Ledger connection to NetSuite has been a huge help to our process as well. This feature has allowed us to monitor and know when a balance changes in NetSuite and make sure we update our reconciliations and supporting documents accordingly. The customer service team is always very responsive and friendly. They clearly detail how to solve the issue. Thank you FloQast!
April 26, 2017
201-500 employees
October 31, 2017

“Great for accounting close and reconciliations”

ProsThe look of the interface is really clean and easy to use. We like using it a lot for our monthly accounting close to keep on top of everything.
Steven A.
Financial Controller
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 51-200 employees
November 3, 2017

“Invaluable to our organization in standardizing our financial close”

ProsThe reconciliation feature is what our team enjoys the most about the software . It has really transformed our review process.
ConsDashboard view is limited at the summary level. Cannot filter notes by who I have assigned them to.

By FloQast on November 7, 2017
Hi Steve! Thanks for the comment. On the Review Notes page, there are Filtering options for you to use. You can filter by names or terms in the search box, and also by which notes are assigned to you, which notes you've assigned out, etc. Hope this helps!
November 3, 2017
Tom L.
Controller
Real Estate, Unspecified
April 25, 2017

“Great product and better customer service!”

OverallFloqast has been a huge help for our month end close process. While the software has lived up to expectations, what has really blown me away and sets them apart is the customer service that the Floqast team provides. They are very friendly, accommodating and prompt in resolving any questions or issues that arise. In my 20 years of experience in accounting, I've never worked with a vendor like Floqast who provides not only a great product, but the support team that is second to none in regards to their product knowledge and customer service.
ProsDashboard is a easy way to see where things stand during close.
ConsSetting up new entities is a bit tricky
Recommendations to other buyersSoftware is great and the enhancements they make have accountants in mind.
Jeff Q.
April 25, 2017

“The holy grail of financial closing process management”

OverallClosing the books is like herding gnats unless you take a very systematic, measured approach and are able to effectively measure progress. Closing the books accurately, requires analysis of the various balance sheets "as" the books are closed (not as a post closing task). Many accountants try to argue that, due to time constraints, this is just not possible. Many accountants are wrong. Floqast addresses all of these issues and does with ease. It's simple and it works. Hands down, one of the best applications I have ever used.
Andrew N.
Building Materials, 51-200 employees
September 13, 2018

“Amazing software for closing the books with confidence!”

OverallWe previously did not have a review process, so FloQast has made this transition seamless. Instead of having to constantly open an Excel checklist to see where we were in the close, with FloQast we can easily see exactly what's pending. The biggest benefits are increased organization, efficiency, and visibility.
ProsI love how much more organized our accounting documentation is, as well as how much more visibility we have into our month-end close process. I know that our trial balance will always tie out to reviewed reconciliation schedules, which in turn allows me to hand over the financials with confidence. Also, the implementation process was a breeze and only required a couple of hours of my time (much easier than I thought it would be).
ConsHaving to manually upload the trial balance as of right now, but I've been promised that this is something that can be automated.
September 13, 2018
Juan S.
Controller
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
November 6, 2017

“FloQast is a great application for the money. ”

OverallAccount reconciliation is a huge benefit that brought the Company's reconciliation process under control.
ProsEase of use and modify the Checklist. Account reconciliation is easy to understand. I also appreciate the technical and client support and responsiveness to our queries.
ConsAbility to modify the Completed Date outside of the default current date would allow us to populate field to the actual date a task is completed.
Melanie S.
VP Finance
May 1, 2017

“A fantastic tool to replace our spreadsheet checklists!”

ProsFloQast has greatly improved the completeness of our close and has forced and documented much needed reviews. The customer service and ease of use are phenomenal and they seem to be constantly wanting to improve. We are a small-med sized business and our finance staff is spread over 4 countries. Most of our systems are on the cloud and this software fit in perfectly.
ConsThe cons are minor. Since there are two systems in use you have to sometimes toggle between OneDrive (or whatever you use) and FloQast but it works well if you have both open. FQ currently doesn't have a filter for reviewer vs. preparer on the "due" list but they are working on it. Since I mostly review this can be annoying.
K.C. E.
Accounting and Consulting, Senior Associate
Accounting, 201-500 employees

“Easy interface”

OverallWe started a trial run for the month end close process for a few clients and have had a positive experience so far. I've personally on-boarded 3 new associates and the amount of time it takes for me to train them is minimal, it's a very simple interface and gives a fantastic visual of our progress.
ProsThis gives a great visual of our progress
ConsHaving source documents in BOX and toggling between FloQast and BOX is a little bothersome
Brissa W.
Sr. Accountant
November 7, 2017

“FloQast makes it easy for our team to stary organized and on-track during the month close.”

OverallFaster close process, less likely that items will be missed each month / quarter.
ProsThe ease of organizing and also checking off and reviewing tasks including the notes feature make this software a very valuable asset to our team.
ConsCan't think of anything I dislike - maybe the email notifications could be improved to be more current.
Catherine M.
Mining & Metals, 1001-5000 employees
November 1, 2017

“We quickly saw improvement in completeness and efficiency in closing the month.”

ProsThe ability to have all the information at the same place for all our companies on the globe. This gives us the ability to streamline our closing process.
ConsDecreases the communication with the team members which is a good thing but can become bad if you don't keep contact and you seem disconnected with the team.