Vagaro Fitness Software Ratings

Overall

About Vagaro Fitness Software

Vagaro boosts your productivity and frees up your time. Schedule personal training sessions from a computer or use our Vagaro Pro App to manage clients on the go. Get booked on our Fitness Marketplace, your booking page, Facebook, Yelp, Instagram or on your own website via our booking widget. Send automated reminders & emails. Manage packages. Securely process payments. Vagaro Pro is the most downloaded/reviewed Apple & Android App. Prices start @ $25/month. Sign up for a Free 1 Month Trial. Learn more about Vagaro Fitness Software

Showing 50 of 2004 reviews

Showing 50 of 2004 reviews

Penny S.
Owner/Cosmetologist
August 14, 2019

“Vagaro Fan”

OverallI have no complaints. Vagaro has done exactly what they claim to do and has proven to be very user friendly.
ProsCost affordable All the features that are available Easy to use Clients love the reminders that they can get
ConsI haven't found anything yet. Using the marketing tools can be challenging for a new comer, but for the most part I don't have anything to complain about.
August 14, 2019
Michele Lynn Riedel R.
Stylist and Owner
December 10, 2018

“User Friendly ”

OverallWith everything being said Vagaro is awesome. They have marketing emails and inexpensive adds. I am very happy despite having problems. Nothing is perfect and Vagaro customer support is very good. In addition they have training videos and webinars.
ProsI love Vagaro it is user friendly and streamlines my entire business. My whole business life in one system. Clients love it because of ease of booking and appointment reminders which is great because of obvious reasons but it also is good if there was a miscommunication between myself and a client and we can correct it before a mistake in appointment time and day. It shows me so much data and allows me at a click of a button to see what is going on and see my results. I love it.
ConsThere have been once or twice where a client booked online and it did not show up. I've also had clients show up for an appointment they booked but because I was so busy I did not realize they were coming in. With that being said the Pro's out way a few hiccups. However I have been highly dissatisfied with there mag swipe it is finicky and sometimes doesn't work and I have to key enter a sale which costs more and wastes precious time. Then I bought the blue tooth chip reader but it won't stay connected. So customer service has been very helpful and I am waiting for a docking station for the chip reader which is supposed to keep it connected. I have high hopes for this device. However I wish they would have explained that there was a docking station and that the chip reader would need to be paired after 30 minutes.
December 10, 2018
Maria C.
Owner , cosmetologist
February 7, 2018

“I love this booking system! ”

ProsThis booking system makes my business so much easier to run as a soloprenuer . It is so much more than just a booking system , it is my website and POS as well. I love how it sends out multiple reminders to clients (3) I believe . My clients love it as well for the ease of use and the reminders. I get compliments on this and how the website looks as well. I love that Vagaro listens to its clients requests and adds new features from time to time . There is also a chat feature for help and on the phone assistance as well. I love the fact that I can sell gift certificates, and cc cards as well . Today I got an email that now if we wish we can have clients pre pay for services. The customer service is just wonderful. I revcently changed the template on my website to something that reflects my business image now . I love how it is easy peasy to do so , without assistance. Many of my clients like the option to book online themselves. I love how to make reports for my accountant is easy as well . Another benefit is email marketing. If you want to know more sign up for the free trial .
ConsI wish they had an answering service. Maybe one day . They do have a place where you can put a clients formula which is great . But if a client gets multiple services it would be nice if there were multiple type cards for them for , facials , lashes , hair , etc . I wish they also had online forms for clients to fill out and sign . But these are not really cons just potential features that haven't been created yet
February 7, 2018
Annie B.
owner/stylist
December 8, 2017

“So far the customer support has been great, and I love they have classes each Monday.”

ProsOne vary cool thing about Vagaro is when you sign up as a single business owner or someone with a whole team, the encouraging words "You got this!" Made me smile. I knew this system would be a good fit if it could encourage me along the way to growing my business! What other company does that? The price seems vary reasonable and I love how my clients will get text reminders automatically after booking an appointment with me. Its so important these days as we can get so busy and forget an important appointment. Vagaro Pro seems to be vary user friendly and will be painless to train others to use. I have only been using Vagaro for a few weeks now for the free trial and I love the ease of navigation this program offers. I have used other computer systems and for the price I feel I will be getting quality for the investment. I have called tech support twice now and each time I have called with a question it seems as though the tech support team member was truly happy to help me. I also love how they offer classes weekly. This will be a great way to help me to continue to learn and train my staff. I have been in transition moving my business and location. The option to transfer all my client data from a spread sheet or my cell pone has been so helpful and a time saver. I feared I was going to have to enter each client one by one, but the import option made it so easy and only took a few minutes to do. I will be telling other business owners about this booking system. Its great!
ConsOne thing if find frustrating with most electronics is that the options change with different devices. The same is true with booking stytems. I was able to down load the Vagaro app for my cell phone, but not my desk top. It would be nice not to have to log on each time on my desk top, and just rather click an icon and my books open for me like it does on my cell phone. I would also like the open to test trial the Vagaro credit card services, but that is not included in the trial. One things I found challenging is customizing my service menu. Vagaro has so many services already input in the statement I have had to go through and delete many services I do not offer as well and filtering through the descriptions of each service I do want to keep. It would make it more simple to keep the service menu empty so the business owner can customize without having to delete and edit prices for services they want. Though, may be helpful to someone brand new to the industry. I also do not care for my clients to have access to online booking. I would rather be in charge when a guest needs a reservation so we give proper timing for each individual service. The only valuable thing for online booking would be for more guest control. I do not want to that up or maybe the idea is just too new for me. Also, you don't know is booking. Everything is so electronic these days. I would rather talk to a real person about my reservation then just book online, thinking costumer service communication.
December 8, 2017
Samantha F.
Partner/Manager
July 18, 2017

“My salon has used this software since we opened almost 4 years ago, absolutely love it.”

OverallThe salon benefits tremendously from using this software. First being, salon operations. The overall smooth running of the salon. With the booking block scheduling, color coordinated services, customized services, and application/processing time being adjustable, it just makes the salon run so much smoother. The service providers never struggle with their time management thanks to vagaro. Each service booked in their book is booked appropriately by time, which makes a smooth transition from one client to the next. Also, when checking customers out, it is super easy. Being a booth rental salon, who still functions as a team and uses one system, one receptionist, one merchant, one credit card machine, it makes it easy. It breaks down each providers day, total services, total money taken, etc. So, when it's time to closeout, there are no mishaps, you know exactly what happened with each client, by name, by service, by provider. You can truly check anything you need to. Also, when clients move their appointments around, as clients always do, vagaro has it set up very smoothly. It's very easy to move a clients appointment from one day to the other. Also, having the business website attached to the actual software is a major bonus! A lot of new clients find us using vagaro. The new customers can see customer reviews, they can see our service menu and prices, our hours, everything they need to know, and they can book online right then and there! Our clients truly love booking online, without that feature, a lot of our clients would have a hard time booking appointments because their schedule changes from day to day. With this option, the night before they know they are going to be free for a service, they can open up their phone and book for the appointment they need with the service provider of their choice! Vagaro, with the few faults it may have, is hands down the BEST salon software you can get today! It's a one size fits all type of system that has worked while we were an hourly salon, then to a commission salon, and now a booth rental salon. Vagaro is so great that we REQUIRE all of our service providers to use this system! The providers that have been with us since the beginning wanted to stay with vagaro. The new providers were amazed by the system and were happy they made the switch! Anyone who has ever used this system would be a customer, no matter the size or type of salon you have! It's the best! Almost 4 years with vagaro, and many more to come!
ProsThe online booking feature is a MUST with our clients, they absolutely love it. Also, the fact that you can have your website attached, a beautiful website at that. The ease of entering in all of our services into the service menu, our prices, and individual time intervals per service and per provider. But, the BEST thing about vagaro, is the ease of paper work. We do our daily tally and weekly tally sheets, and vagaro makes that absolutely a breeze. I am part owner, salon manager, and reception and I do all of the employees paperwork and money handling, and vagaro is absolutely amazing and makes the process so much easier than other software I've used over the years. The transaction list, to be able to go through all checkouts for the day, to be able to refund, charges, cash, and checks all separated into categories. It's just amazing. The checkout through vagaro is nice as well, you can put in the tip amount, check, cash, or charge, without using their merchant services, which is a benefit because you have an actual layout of each customer, each transaction, whereas on the credit card machine, which is completely separate, you can only see customer, and how much paid, including tip. Since, we opened this salon, we have only had vagaro, and we will continue to only have vagaro. It's the best salon and spa software that is available. No matter the size of salon, or services offered. This system works for everyone. Also, the text message updates they send out when theyre down.
ConsThere are really only a few things that I like the least about Vagaro. One would be, the system issues, especially with the credit card processing. When we first opened we were using vagaro as our merchant as well for our credit cards, and we had nothing but issues. Even now, I get the texts whenever there is a software malfunction, and it seems most of the malfunction is with credit card processing. So, we ended up having to buy an actual credit card machine and go with a different merchant provider, and now all of that is resolved. The next thing I like the least is, you can't separate your business at all. We have both tanning and a hair/nail salon. So, our tanning hours are slightly different from our hair/nail hours, and there is no way on vagaro, or our website, to separate and add additional hours. The last thing I like the least, is that Vagaro really only allows you to add services, there's no where for us to list our prices for tanning on our website, unless we take a picture of the menu and post it in our pictures, which would be out of place.
July 18, 2017
Mary C.
Nail technician
Cosmetics, Self-employed
November 13, 2016

“Work Smarter, Not Harder!”

OverallMy growing home-based nail business was using text message to book hundreds of clients. Switching to automated online booking was THE BEST BUSINESS DECISION I have ever made! It saves me from answering 600+ texts/week at all hours of the day/night so I can better focus my time and energy to providing a quality nail service. Automated booking removes the human errors of miscommunication and mistakes while providing each client ownership of their appointment, thus reducing no-shows. VAGARO online booking was a smooth transition and the App's simple user interface has made clients confident to book/rebook/cancel appointments any hour of the day. Clients can see all available appointments and compare against their schedule, as well as receive reminder emails that could include pertinent details, such as where to park or methods of accepted payment. I searched online and at beauty conventions for the perfect online booking system that could grow with my business needs, and VAGARO is the best value and service available on the market. It was a catalyst to my business development and the very definition of learning how to work smarter, not harder.
Pros-so far, EVERYTHING! -incredibly easy transition of hundreds of clients over the span of a month; the app is user friendly and self-explanatory -clients of all ages and backgrounds have eagerly accepted the integration of automated booking -easy to book off personal days without clients privy to days off -easy to edit all aspects of the business (clients, hours of operation, services, etc) -no major software bugs; my business operations have never been hampered by software glitches
ConsAfter using this software for almost 1 year, I still haven't taken the time yet to explore the fullest capabilities of the software. However, I'm hoping it will be compatible with my Canadian Moneris account in respect to accounting and reporting through the client database and service totals, especially as I add staff to my growing business and move into a management role. The Vagaro name took a while for clients to adapt to - we still don't know how to properly pronounce it!
Recommendations to other buyersPerfect for a home-based business or growing service that want to automate communications in order to save time, energy, and increase efficiencies, and thus provide better business services: work smarter, not harder!
November 13, 2016
Maria C.
August 31, 2016

“Excellent Booking System ! ”

OverallI really love this booking system . I find it easy to use and reliable. I also love the chat feature. If I don't understand something or need help with something or just plain forgot how to do something Vagaro tech support is there to help. I first got it because I needed a website ASAP to look professional. I also needed a reliable booking system for myself and my clients. it has increased client retention and clients that did not like to book in advance no do so because they don't have to remember to call and then play phone tag until we get to talk. I am a sole proprietor. Even good people forget appointments , with the 3 reminders that clients get its hard to forget to come in. If they still do forget or no show you can check with Vagaro to see if the text actually went through. I had a client that said she never got the message. She seemed honest but I did not see how that could be possible. I checked with Vagaro and there was an issue with her phone service. I don't do this with everyone, but in this case she really did not get the message. I do love that wen a client confirms the appointment the color in the appointment book changes to orange . If not I call them up. I love how it keeps track of what I do and what the clients get. I also love that I can set rules for online booking. I have mine set to 48 hour advance booking notice and then I have to approve it. But its possible to have same day booking open as well or not at all. I can keep track of how I I take payment cash or credit or check. The gift certificates are wondeful too. You can have a little creativity with them. Now and then someone will call when I am closed for a gift. I can send them a gift certificate through email. You can also do email blasts. I think a text blast would be great too, although they don't offer this at the moment. .
ProsThe ease of use, and the fact that clients get repeat reminders. It has increased client retention. It also shows new clients that I am serious about the business. The website was so easy to set up.
ConsIt does not work with Square. I was using Square before I started with Vagaro. I love Square too. I think the ability to text blast would be great. I know it takes me days to read my own email. A text is read that day. I do wish I had more space on the website. I do offer more services than the average cosmetologist. I also wish there was an easier way to get products that I sell into Vagaro. I think this should be something that Booking systems and beauty companies work on together. it would be great if you could just dropa Dermalogica App into Vagaro. When prices change all products are updated. and so on . Any product line that a salon or spa could use should have something to just ad in easy peasy.
Recommendations to other buyersJust get it ! You will love it as I have. It will grow with you. When you get new people working with you , you can add them to the booking system as well. I have tried a couple of others and this is working well for me. The online chat help feature is great. And you can call if need be.
Tynne H.
August 31, 2016

“Customer Service Knows Me Well!”

OverallWe've been using Vagaro since opening in Feb 2015 and we've seen many changes and updates and 99% of them have been fabulous. The development team is pretty receptive to new ideas and I see requests that we've made become a "new feature" many times so I know they are listening to the needs of their customer. Customer Service Chat knows me well... even though I wonder if they do a quick game of "Rock...Paper....Scissors" when they see me pop up on chat they're always happy to answer a question and walk us through something. :) The software itself is very user friendly and most of our clients say that the online booking features are fast and easy! I have no doubt that Vagaro will get better as they grow more customers. I'm sure for the independent service provider the core needs are 100% met. As larger salons join Vagaro the features that bigger salon/spas need and want will be added. Thanks Team Vagaro for a great booking/business software! ~Tyne & Team Zoi'A Spa & Salon
ProsEasy to use for both Staff and Online Booking for Clients. Staff loves the App to keep an eye on booking. Marketing tools are a good business driver. Business reports are getting better with every update. Online tutorials are great for new staff learning system. Online chat option is AWESOME! Customer Service is A+
Cons-Cancelation/ Waiting List needs to be better- it's currently not useable for the large number of requests we have for a cancelation list. -We've had some retail snafu's but those are getting better as well. -Marketing promos could use a "retail" option. -Checkout could have some updated options like a "hold in cart" so if you have to interrupt a sale you don't lose everything you put in checkout screen.
Recommendations to other buyersSmaller salons will love this. Larger salons will have to be patient. We have 16 Service Providers and it works well for us.
Dianne R.
March 1, 2019

“Great Features”

OverallExcellent. Solving so many business problems. -Booking and changes readily -Selling packages and memberships online that allow clients to either pay monthly or pay in total and then have access to "#" of treatments. -Mobile app: allowing clients to book and buy online -Text info to owner whenever a client requests an appointment so that owner can ACCEPT,
ProsThe appointment Booking and billing is great. Calendar user interface as well as syncing to Google Calendar is great. Sign on and processing time for each transactions is REALLY FAST! (I used mindbody previously and it redraws the entire screen with each data entry). Being able to format the calendar a little is great.
ConsThe requirement to access transaction reports to refund or edit a client transaction is frustrating. I want to be able to go to a clients account and do anything for the client from that account, specifically see their visits, what they have been charged and be able with all of that information in front of me, refund, void, or partial refund. No way to pay a therapist a tip without charging client a service first. Customer Service told me to create a product called tip and use that. But that means products which are used to calculate SALES TAX will be included in the same annual report as tips should ONLY be included as income and be part of the income tax calculation. Now I have to run revenue report for the year, AND separately product report. Then download into excel, parse out tips and add them to total revenue for state and federal income tax reporting. Shared packages. The software looks as if it was designed for hairdressers or spas who do NOT allow clients to share packages. My company has an advantage over ALL OTHER MASSAGE. My packages do NOT expire and CAN BE SHARED!!. Husbands and wives get a package BECAUSE they can share it. Calendar updates: would like to be able to drag and drop appointments vs open, edit and "book/save" Checkout: Ability to charge a client for anything, TIP, service, package etc Checkout for packages, after selecting package the software forces user to select package AGAIN from a second screen, then AGAIN from a third screen, 4th scre
March 1, 2019
magnena j.
Stylist
August 8, 2017

“Over all the company has been great for my business. I recommend to any salon wishing to grow.”

OverallProfessional presence to new customers, a way to notify customers of appoints and huge variety of reports for taxes and clients review.
ProsI like the inventory reports and most reports they offer to you to examine your business profile. I love the marketing features,
ConsThe one thing they have not changed is the ability to customize more than 1 processing time per section with a client assigned to the same stylist. They have the notification setup not for solo salons but for clients that have to see multiple specialist in one section. Im a solo salon I do everything myself. So I don't split the service by doing the relaxer color and sending the client to different stylist to roller set the hair and sit them under the dryer. So I hate there is no consideration for this kind of customer. I have to create two separate appointment which means the clients get two or 3 separate time notifications. So the client is confused. We note them as a no show not knowing they thought there was an error and show up later scheduled time for the roller set portion at 3:00 instead of 12:00 for the actual start of the service. I now use the personal time off option to avoid 2 notification. But if the client cancels their actual starting appointment online the blocked time I made to roller set the hair remain on the schedule because its really not Linked to the actual appointment. Im patient that if others are open about this same concern it will be changed.
August 8, 2017
MICHAEL S.
STYLIST/SALON OWNER
September 15, 2016

“LOVE IT" EFFICIENT, ESTICALLY PLEASING & EASY TO LEARN”

OverallIT's a God send, i tried a few others and just simply was a waste of time and money. The other stylists love it also, even the one who always says she's technology challenged , found it very easy to learn. & the customers who are using the APP or going to www.vagaro.com are singing its praises also, "so much easier to check their schedule & mine at the same time whenever its convenient for them & more efficient than calling the salon.
Prospricing is very fair for what you get. VaGARO packs a powerful punch in every aspect of running a business, as well for stylist or chair renters. ...Customer love the confirmation notices and as a result more customers are pre-booking(especially guys) who used to be notorious calling last second. & educational videos on how to use vagaro & customer service are both excellent. They are always making improvements. It is certainly paying for itself.
Consit could be my tablets,phone or me, but sometimes searching for a client can get a little tricky. for instance , if i search for a customer and start with a lowercase letter but originally inputted with a capital letter, their name sometimes wont show up on 1st search but always on the second, its minor issue and it could just be me or tablets. BUT It is the only glitch iv'e ever had with vagaro.
Recommendations to other buyers*ITS PORTABLE & NO INFO COULD EVER GET LOST(thanks to the cloud) & YOU CAN BOOK CUSTOMERS 24/7 & ANYWHERE you ARE. You no longer need a huge desktop & buying expensive software & spending long hours on the phone with technical help line...
September 15, 2016
Cortney P.
Retail, 11-50 employees
December 6, 2016

“VAGARO IS The Bomb Dot Com!!!”

Overallover Elated with Vagaro since 2012! its like a fine wine, it simply gets better and better with TIME! Thank You Vagaro for All You Do! Studio C Inc Cortney P Patton& The Teamj
Prosthe viusal design for left brain people in the world! i love the reports are listed up and down!
ConsI do NOT like the pop ups each time- but I get it! nor do we LIKE the screen going both left to right and top to bottom, It is hard if you are a visual learner! i also know that there is a more simple way to add inventory for both salon use * back bar and retail. I have never had one assistant enter the new inventory properly until this year! 10+ years - the back bar and inventory system should be more user-friendly!!!
Recommendations to other buyersall stated above! but yall also need an updated POS system that is PCI compliant at a fair rate! if not yall will begin to see a decline in this facet of Vagaro bc the fees are too HIGH, the credit card swiper isn't yet PCI compliant and all businesses should be able to take Chip REader Cards! i also think that the credit card fee charged to no show clients would be 50% more successful IF yall allowed it to be for X amount of dollars in service and Up> for exapmle 1$ per minute! with a charge being explained that way and charged that way per services that become no shows! lastly- the scheduler actually deletes my standing appts after each client gets all notifications reguarding their 6 months PRE BOOKS! its totally embarssing when they have it in their phones and show up$ and its NOT ON MY BOOK AT ALL*** THIS SHOULD BE TOP PRIORITY! TIME IS VALUABLE FOR EVERYONE! Even a Hair Stylist is VALUED!!!
December 6, 2016
Yasmira T.
Hairdresser
Cosmetics, Self-employed
August 8, 2019

“great”

Overallgreat
ProsVagaro has help me to get my business in order I love it
Conscreate email marketing, create a easy menu for my clients to do their own appointments on line
August 8, 2019
Kanoya D.
Owner/Stylist
July 23, 2017

“As the owner for my Business Vagaro has a few things to improve of like being USER FRIENDLY.”

OverallThe ease of clients scheduling their own appointments at their convenience. And the ability for them to see when I am available for the service they would like.
ProsBeing the owner Everything I need it for is there. I can cut down on no call no shows by having clients enter their CC info, and it bonus out by letting me be CASH FREE. I am able to do inventory and charge for services. *** I would love if there was a way for walk ins to just purchase product with out being on the actual schedule/calendar. I had to add an add on for product purchase then go in and add prices for the product and add it in to their service in order to charge. I fell like that's an extra step that don't need to happen. If someone come in off the street rather client or not I should have a option to just charge them for product instead of booking them then charging for the product. other than that I love the product and what it offers. I have not went into customizing my site just yet so I cant comment on that. just yet. I have IT experience so its easy for me but I'm noticing clients especially older ones have trouble locating functions like posting for reviews or booking services if there is only one service tech. not sure why but that's has been my feed back.
Consnot easy for clients to leave a review.... Once they receive a Receipt. I feel they should get an option to leave a review after each service by the click of a button from their text and or email. I have not found a option that allows me to count how many ACTIVE clients I have on my roster.
July 23, 2017
Ilisa D.
Receptionist
1-10 employees
September 1, 2016

“New Updated Look!”

OverallI like how when you are going to update your program you tell us in advance. This helps a lot!!! I like the new updated display it is more user friendly. Our customers love the email reminders!!! It feels as if we can stay in contact with our customers better even when we do schedule so far in advance too!
ProsEasy to use. Customers love the Text Messages and Email reminders. Love the color coded options to find things better and to label things better. The multi use of interchangeable of different business. Always there in a chat form when I need help!
ConsHave to go to 2 or 3 different areas to load up, which takes time, and then eventually see what I need.
Recommendations to other buyersI would like a search engine to find things faster. I don't want to have to load up the whole list of customers, because that takes time to load up then you type the person's name. That takes to long when you have multiple people on hold. Also I would like to see a list or just the last date of when they last came in for rescheduling an appointment. It takes to long for it to load up all that information. Oh and more color coded options to have for not just appointments but also blocking off schedules for personal time, vacation, or notes. This would help to schedule certain services within that time frame and can have the option to deny a service in that time slot too. For example, Getting ready for a out of work function but can still come in for work to do only trims, or easy clean up work, but can't do a full on coloring session even if there is time, because still need to run errands for the function. I hope you understand my suggestions. Thanks for making work of scheduling so much easier!!!
September 1, 2016
Fernando G.
September 11, 2019

“Great Software”

OverallIt is easy to manage clients date base. It's easy to export clients information. Making marketing campaigns and overall I am please with the service.
ProsI like a lot their customer service. Always ready to help out. It took me a while to get familiar with the app. But over time and after a lot of phone calls to their support team. I am enjoying more and more.
ConsIn the beginning, it was a bit confusing to use the software. I was coming from using Mind-Body software which from the very first time it was easy to use. Vagaro doesn't really make it so easy to use. It has great features. But it is complicated and confusing to use. On one occasion I made a mistake to charge a client a different package. In order to change the package, I needed to refund my client her money and charge her again for the correct package. It seems like it was to much work, so I had to leave the package as is.
September 11, 2019
Mike V.
Owner/Operator
February 26, 2019

“Vagaro Simplifies your Business”

OverallVagaro is not just an online scheduling system. They have a complete POS system, that you can use for employee management, inventory management, website builder and support, gift cards, loyalty programs and I'm sure a lot more but, that's just for starters. Oh and they have a 30 day trial period. Try it, its free!
ProsI like Vagaro because when I first started using the system it was easy transition. It was so much better then my previous system. It was very easy to migrate existing clients to Vagaro. My clients are the ones that really benefit from it and are able to listen to my voice mail instructions, directing them to the online booking. No more answering the phone and having a receptionist or myself book directly. It allows the client to book 24/7 and see all of my services and all the time slots that are available and that will work with their schedule as well. During business hours Vagaro has "live-insta-chat" and a person will help you with any questions you may have. They have phone support but, it's so much easier use the "live-insta-chat." Great customer service!
ConsOverall I have no Cons. Everything seems to work very well for me. I love Vagaro! Also, if it's just you or a team they have very affordable monthly fees.
February 26, 2019
Geiana F.
Co-Owner/Eyelash Technician
May 30, 2017

“The software is good but sometimes it doesn't work as smoothly as I would like it to.”

OverallI have a data base now for all my clients with their appointments, what services they've received from us, their contact info and so on. something else i forgot to mention in the cons section is that, theirs no section to input clients different social media account names for us to keep on fill for our marketing team. that is also something that would make their job a bit easier.
ProsIts easy to use and very self explanatory which makes it easier to train new employees on how to use the software. The reports are very useful for the marketing and management team.
ConsSometimes customers don't get the notifications for their appointment or to confirm their appointment. Sending individual emails to clients from here is also difficult. I still haven't figured it out actually, it only lets you do email promotions and it doesn't let you pick what clients you want to send it to. Given that we have loyal clients and walk-ins we would like to be able to select who we send certain promotions to, whether its a special for all clients that have been coming to us since we opened, or flash sale that is only new clients. That would be a great feature specially for the marketing team, it would make it a lot easier given that all the customer emails are already on the account.
May 30, 2017
Constance O.
Attorney at Law
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
February 27, 2017

“Best Business Move I Needed to Make”

OverallI have been with the same stylist monthly (if not more than once a month) for years. She was previously using a different on-line booking system which I was fine with using up until this last year. The system she had successfully been using started to have some major hiccups not only with a simple way for clients to book but additionally, they incorrectly were charging people despite all of the effort her clients made . Their incompetence in customer service, the difficulty, time and money it has cause not only myself and other clients but also our Stylist is incomprehensible. It is clear that the main functioned seemed to be consumption of others time and money. She recently switched over to Vagaro. HALLELUJAH, ahmen. Vagaro has completely transformed the users experience for booking online. I am again a believer that you CAN do most things on the internet, like utilizing a globally used system. I have watched the multi-facueted difficulties a business goes through when dealing with and/or represented by seemingly vengeful and obviously obsolete systems; specifically an online booking system. Vagaro has amped her business back up (as far as I can see/hear) and the interface from a clients perspective is a breeze!! No questions, but if you have them they respond. I tested it out a bit just to make sure my appointment and credit card wouldn't get screwed with (she also confirmed neither had occurred). Vagaro or bust!!
ProsIt's ease and accessible interface for users
ConsNot easily prompted to review or share via social media (thumbtacks are great but usually it resorts to a link that takes for ever- thoughts?) ALSO, if social media reviewing/sharing re: deals or events or parties, specials- Mary Kay whatever... if those could be more easily utilized.
Recommendations to other buyersMost people can text, apparently everyone can yelp, not everyone can use a booking system. Thank you for being the best - now lets amp it up! :)
February 27, 2017
NinaMarie P.
Stylist
August 31, 2016

“Easiest app and software for running your own business”

OverallI stumbled upon vagaro when looking for an affordable software system for my small salon business. I was previously using a system that wasn't very mobile friendly and after doing some research this system/app was highly recommended. Very happy with its services.
ProsThis software is pretty simple to set up and use. It has a very mobile friendly app to help you do your work and scheduling on the go along with a "widget" for android users.
ConsThe only con I have found with this app is that, when using it to schedule chemical hair services with a follow-up service after (ie. color and cut) if you input a gap into the service settings it shows that you are unavailable during the processing time. If you don't, when scheduling multiple appointments for the next appointment it will put the haircut directly after the color which you then have to go in and physical edit. And then when doing that, you have to make sure to deactivate the "notify client" button so that the client doesn't get the editted info or else they get all confused.
Recommendations to other buyersI love the "email receipt" feature. In salons, many times, you don't necessarily get a receipt so this feature is great for clients records and your own sanity as well. Any stylist knows that, while its not all of them, some clients are always looking for a deal. So many of them (eventhough they get the same thing every time) will come in and play dumb about the price, hoping you will lower it. It is so easy to say, "You're getting your receipt emailed to you so you can always know what you paid."
Mackenzie W.
Salon manager
May 29, 2019

“Vagaro review ”

OverallVagaro has been a great tool for business as it tracks everything within the app and can be used from any device whether it is a phone or tablet.
ProsI love the versatility of this software, you have everything you need for your business at your fingertips. The business I manage has used this on and off for four years, it has been our favorite to use because in one app you have scheduling, inventory management, checkout and sales, payroll, timecard where you can clock in and out, you name it. It's an extremely convenient app.
ConsThe main issue we have had with the app is usually with the transaction devices that the software offers. We have had issues with the swipe attachment as well as the wireless card reader. When this happens you do have the option to enter in card information manually, however you are charged extra for it which is another con. Lastly, while it is a great app the monthly fees are quite expensive.
May 29, 2019
Tammy S.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees
August 31, 2016

“InfraRayz Review of Vagaro Sotware”

OverallVagaro is an amazing, easy and simple software. I absolutely would recommend this software to ANYONE in the business of hair, tanning, or any type of scheduling type of jobs. It is so easy to use and easy to work with especially when I am showing a new employee how to use it. For me I can book appointment every 15 minutes and I can set the time limit of how long a service may take. So if I book someone for our Infrared sauna, then it automatically books that person for a 45 minute slot. If I have a spray tan during that time I put that next person in and it doesn't affect anything. Vagaro is also my website as well where people can book from and my email blast go out from there. On top of my emails going out I can also choose to connect what my email is to Facebook and Twitter. I keep track of my sales through Vagaro by printing out different reports. Also my inventory and checking out clients is all connected in one simple and easy software. Plus you will not find anything cheaper than $35 per month. If you get a new employee who needs the site as well they can have their own scheduling for only an extra $25 per month. It is simplying amazing! VAGARO!!
ProsThat my website is connected and easy to manage. Clients can book directly on there. It is just amazing.
ConsNothing. I absolutely love it.
Recommendations to other buyersIt is cheap, easy and an awesome platform to get your business started and continue to grow.
Dana G.
Massage Therapist/Owner
October 16, 2019

“LOVE IT!!!!”

OverallI love the Confirming of appointments, membership capabilities, package capabilities, keeping track of gift certificates. I wish more pages would be an option on the website builder
ProsI have totally enjoyed this software, it has allowed me to do things that I wouldn't have otherwise been able to do. It has made my life much easier! I highly recommend this for anyone looking to make their life easier when it comes to booking and keeping track of their business in more ways than you could think of. I love adding memberships to my practice, and making up package deals for my clients to buy. My clients enjoy getting the reminders and I enjoy not having to remember to send out reminders. I am letting the software work for me instead of me working for the software. Thank you Vagaro for such a user friendly software. I LOVE IT!!!!!
ConsI would like for the website developing to have more page capabilities
October 16, 2019
Joey C.
Salon Owner/Stylist
September 29, 2016

“Online Scheduling & Reporting Features That ROCK!”

OverallI have been using Vagaro for since I became a booth renter March 06, 2011. I can not tell you how easy it made my clients to be able to book online and how easy it was for me to book clients on my phone if I was on the go. In fact the ease of booking made my business grow substantially. The reporting features made it easy to see how I was doing and where my business was coming from either phone appointments or online. Eventually my business grew large enough that I opened my own salon and Vagaro was right there with me for that. I added my additional employees and opened calendars for them and we took off! Again the reporting features helped so much with payroll and taxable income amounts. Eventually booking through Yelp became available and new clients could just click the link and be taken right to Vagaro, it was an awesome move on Vagaro's part to enable that. Fast forward a couple of years and now I have no employees and only booth renters in my salon and everyone uses Vagaro here. If someone searches the name of the salon on Vagaro it brings up each stylist's personal calander and they get the one that they need. Vagaro has been with me through it all and I am still with them because it is a quality product that delivers consistently.
ProsIt makes online booking easy and flawless.
ConsSilly, there is nothing to not like!
Recommendations to other buyersIt is so worth the money! You get so much for what you pay!
September 29, 2016
nicole m.
Salon owner
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees
September 7, 2016

“pretty good software”

Overallhave had it for many years and its very functional for what i use it for. Only thing i would complain about is the functionability for my clients online they wish it was a bit more user friendly like it is for us on the professional side. The credit card feature is another I didn't like just wasn't fond of their merchant account side to run credit cards too many third parties to deal with. But those are things that are very minor and your clients can set up with you before they leave if they are having problems and you don't have to use there merchant account to accept credit cards.
ProsHow easy it was to accept clients online to start booking themselves (once they got the hang of it) saves me a lot of time. Love that it reminds your clients and that you have the option to email.
ConsThe face that you cant delete a customers email if they opened up multiple accounts. The functionality online could be better for clients. They hate that they have to keep putting in dates when they are just trying to figure out what available in upcoming weeks when they don't have a specific date in mind. I also wish you could search evening or morning appts it would be easier for clients who are looking for specific times that have to keep refreshing the page.
September 7, 2016
Margaret T.
Salon Owner
September 2, 2019

“Best App so far for Salon Business”

OverallOverall, i like this app the best out of the 4 i've tried over the years.
ProsThe ease of setting up what I offer, setting operating hours and prices.
ConsThat users cannot have multiple names using one email for confirmation. I have several family members that come to my salon and some don't have a seperate email address for confirmation, such as young children or the elderly. Also that the Personal Time Off feature doesn't have a color code distinction for different types of time off. Meetings show up the same color as vacations.
September 2, 2019
Lori M.
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
August 11, 2019

“Cost effective and easy to use”

OverallSo far so good!
ProsWhen starting a new business, one always wants to manage expenses. Why pay more for the same product? I looked at other software applications and Vagaro had everything I needed and was much less expensive. The software is very user-friendly and whatever you can't figure out on your own, the customer support is easily accessible and always ready to assist. They always have an answer to my questions.
ConsI'm still trying to navigate the software, so perhaps my cons are only due to the fact that I haven't figured out how to do it yet. I know there is an Intuit integration but I have yet to connect to it. I did find one glitch that I wish would be rectified. I have clients that pay for other clients. In other words, there are three registered clients and one of the clients pays for everyone. The software does not allow me to use one email for all three people. What I have to do is send an invoice to the one client, then immediately send a reminder invoice, which then allows me to change the email of the receiver. Again, I have not had a moment to check with customer service to see if this is something that could be fixed. Need to do that soon!
August 11, 2019
Kathi C.
Hair Design Extraordinaire!
Internet, 51-200 employees
April 26, 2019

“Salon Calendar booking and scheduler ”

OverallBest Software for Salons out there yet.. Either for full Salons or individuals. I've gotten almost all the girls to use it at my Salon. especially the young ones that are first starting out or new just to making their own schedule. I've been in this business forever, 42 years. I love anything techy. So I really love that it works on my phone that I can schedule anytime, anywhere, And My computer from home and my iPad as well. All in all I just can't say enough..
ProsThe ease of use. Checking out a client and knowing that they have a receipt of the breakdown of services and next appointments emailed to them..Yes!!! Also never having to call to confirm! that is a sure fire way of determining your income in advance. Also when I know I'm going to be off for any time different than my regular time, I can send out a mass email and everyone can get on the schedule either before or after I'm back. They LOVE this!..
ConsI really have no complaints. been with them since the very beginning and they have only listened and worked with me on my wishes and ideas. They are constantly solving my questions and wishes.
April 26, 2019
Gary P.
11-50 employees
September 17, 2018

“12 stylist salon using Vagaro”

OverallOverall very good to excellent. I checked out many many competitors before choosing and after 9 months I am happy with my selection. Very good easy to access support if needed.
ProsThe online scheduling and the integrated credit card processing works great and our staff and clients are liking it. The Apps are a plus too so the staff always has access to their schedule and the client app is a hit. I hesitated switching from my previous software as setup always takes a lot of time for a dozen technicians (no matter what any provider tells you), and I was unsure that I could trust clients to book online without problems. I made the move and was pleasantly surprised how well the online booking worked and the response we received. However, I am glad I waited as these systems are now ready for prime time. The monthly price is reasonable and no up front costs. No worries about backing up at the salon anymore. I 'owned' my previous software so I was not sure I wanted to go online/cloud/subscription but it is a good value. Nice closing out clients on ipads at the desk or anywhere in the salon.
ConsThe daily drawer cash count is primitive. It does not know if you added money to the drawer, took tips out or did paid outs. It does not keep a record of counts during the day. I had to make a spreadsheet to handle these duties.
September 17, 2018
Danielle I.
Owner/Aesthetician
April 4, 2017

“Vagaro has really come a long way!”

OverallI had tried Vagaro years ago, and while they were awesome even back then, I chose another provider due to just a few features that streamlined my business. NOW, I've decided to come back because they've really stepped up their game (without raising prices)! There are a couple of tweaks I hope to see in the near future, but overall, this is a fantastic platform for the cost! Good job, guys!
ProsIt's very attractive and quite easy to use, once you get adapted from whatever you were using before. I had quite a bit of data to transfer over from my old platform and I found it quite quick and easy to sit down at my desktop and pump it all out in batches. I am excited to be able to share this with my clients!
ConsI would love to be able to enter packages with multiple service types. Additionally, I would like the ability to enter a past checkout date for services and packages, for accurate reporting. When I switched over to this platform, I needed to enter all existing packages for continuity, but the reports reflect all packages being purchased on the date I entered them all. My packages are unlimited and run in time increments instead of quantity of services. So beginning and end dates are important. I would also like to be able to customize payment types for more accurate reporting. I saw the instructions for creating a GC for the month of groupons, etc...but it would make so much more sense to be able to create my own payment types so I can segregate for reporting, as well as split them up more easily at checkout.
Recommendations to other buyersI use my tablet, phone and desktop for making changes and it seems to take some time to refresh so that the changes are visible across all 3 platforms. This is fine when I'm updating 1 appt at a time, but when I've entered multiple changes, it can be a bit confusing. It's not a huge deal but I nearly overlapped clients the other day.
April 4, 2017
tori h.
July 3, 2019

“Game changer”

OverallOverall, I have been extremely pleased with Vagaro. It is priced well and serves the needs I have in the salon.
ProsVagaro has been very easy to use. The customer service has been great whenever I have had any questions. I love that my quests get reminders for all of their appointments. I can put gap times in while I do colors so I can double book or people can book online for haircuts during those times. I love being able to allow my clients to book online and they really like that service. I run a commission salon and I can pull reports, do payroll, and add new stylists with ease.
ConsOne of the reports I pull is a rebooking report. I have trouble tracking those because it seems to only count a rebook if you do it as you are checking the client out, but then it doesn't allow you to see your full schedule. Also, if my stylists are checking their guest out and they for some reason ring the retail up separate or if someone just stops in to buy retail, there is no way for them to get credit for selling that retail. It all shows up under my name unless they ring it out with the hair. There may be a way to do this and I just don't know how.
July 3, 2019
Rebecca B.
OWNER/ Massage Therapist LA 5263
April 23, 2018

“Happy Vagaro customer for years! ”

ProsI love being able to run reports, capture client info/ spending habits, the ability to capture credit card information when booking, and the ease of running a promotion and tracking gift certificates. I love the auto reminders for appt confirmations and the ability to pad appt times so clients don't get double booked. By the way, I am the 2017 referral winner for Vagaro, so I talk up this company all the time!!! Couldn't run my biz without it.
ConsThe marketing templates look a bit elementary, so I have to upload my own images since I'm not a huge fan of the premade ones. I usually just use mailchimp for marketing because of the templates. Also, every Massage & spa forum online says how Vagaro REALLY needs to get a SOAP note for massage therapists, as well as online intake/ consent forms for clients to digitally fill out. I really wish Vagaro was compatible with SQUARE, bc I refuse to use Vagaro's Point of Sale system for services bc the fees are slightly higher than square.
April 23, 2018
Sandra K.
owner and hair stylist
August 29, 2017

“Great salon addition to organize and so easy to access .”

OverallMakes my job easier to schedule and keep track of the books. Also, clients don't miss appointments because of the text reminder. Money is not lost :)
ProsI love that I can schedules clients from my phone when I'm traveling. I can see my schedule at anytime, anywhere, and have access to all my clients info if I'm away from the salon. Great way to track profits and losses from services and retail...
ConsWish I could arrange appointment inside other appointments instead of beside each other. The pop up window on the side opens ever time I log on , wish it didn't when I'm in a hurry . It sends out a text to clients when I move their appointment, even when I mark " don't notify". It is bothersome to the client when moving several of their appointments at one time. They get text after text after text... Occasionally they website has gone down but Vagaro is great at letting us know and get it back up right away. If you ever loose your server for any reason, you will not have access to your appointment books. The pro's far out way the con's.
August 29, 2017
Hrvoje [Herve'] T.
Hairstlist
February 28, 2017

“Fantastic App, I recommend 100%”

OverallI have been using Vagaro salon scheduling software App for 5 years now, and it has been great in every aspect, not only for the ease of use, or the great monthly service price, but for the excellent and user friendly marketing functionality and the constant and the ongoing improvements Vagaro undergoes regularly, listening to us stylists and taking our needs and suggestions seriously, and implementing the relevant changes correctly and in a timely manner. Thank you guys for creating Vagaro!
ProsGreat functionality, instant syncing over the board, dependability, reasonably priced
ConsJust that it is a cloud based service and if the service goes off-line, there would go all our information we depend on while at work. So far, only few glitches and /or maintenance times that have shortly interfered. See the next field...
Recommendations to other buyersNot sure if that would be technically possible without some fundamental changes, but I (and I am sure so am speaking to everyone here) would love to have a copy of my client book (all the data) stored locally on my device, as a precaution, should Vagaro's server ever decide to take a nap. Lol The locally stored "client vault" would perform back up and syncing Everytime we log in, or when someone books online.
February 28, 2017
Kevin R.
General Manager
September 17, 2019

“Great Software ”

OverallHaving access to my client's info and schedule on my phone or computer, 7 days a week, at home, on the go, or in the office, is very helpful and convenient.
ProsEasy to use, inexpensive, and has many features.
ConsI like everything about this software. It is awesome
September 17, 2019
JOHN N.
Design, Self-employed
May 6, 2019

“These are reasons I choose Vagaro as my salon software.”

OverallI have had the system for the last 3 years and it's solved many of my problems with appointments, keeping formulas, there are so many options and features I don't even take part in, allowing me to customize it for my needs.
ProsThere are so many reasons to like Vagaro, I really like the confirmations that the system provides and the fact that you can customize it to my own needs. I work alone in my studio and there are times that it is hard to do every job well. The receptionist job is not what I do best. When booking with clients I explain they will get an email to confirm the appointment they just made while they were checking out. If for some reason they don't get that email call me cause that means I screwed it up. It's very easy to set up and navigate the site. It's also very affordable.
ConsI don't like that my clients have the ability to see and shop other service providers.
May 6, 2019
Kayleigh L.
Hairdresser
February 23, 2019

“Good Booking app”

OverallAlthough, a few bugs and things I'd like to change, this is overall a good booking app and I have also recommended this to my colleagues.
Pros I like that there is Online booking features and automatic text for booking confirmations. Very nice inventory control system that a lot of other booking systems don't have. I like that its easy to use and set up and it feels like I have my own built in receptionist!
ConsThere are just little things I would change in the interface. You can't do specific things like make only new guests require a credit card to book an appointment online, you can only do it for all clients or none! It is very difficult to issue refunds and sell gift certificates on the mobile app and for gift certificates, you have to have the recipient already in the system before you can even sell one! it is also glitchy when it comes to combining client accounts on the desktop site and you cannot even do it on mobile. In general there are quite a few bugs.
February 23, 2019
Michelle C.
Independent Contractor
July 24, 2019

“The Best Salon/Spa/Massage Software keeps getting better!”

OverallWhen I first starting using Vagaro, my salon manager left on maternity leave. In less than a month, this software replaced 90% of what she was doing in my salon. It was a godsend! Over the past 10 years they have grown with my business and offer eay more than I could ever use.
ProsMy clients and I both love the text confirmation feature. I also like how easily it is to take notes and track my client services. I have used Vagaro for over 10 years and they keep adding more features to their already amazing products. You can now offer memberships and more!! They have thought about every aspect of our business and came up with a solution. And YOU CAN'T BEAT THE PRICE!! Vagaro's customer service is top notch. Anytime I have a question that are ready to answer it! I rece6went back to school to become a licensed massage therapist and I'm so pleased to have SOAP notes already in my software.
ConsI have yet to find something I dont like.
July 24, 2019
Mary L.
Owner/Stylist
March 3, 2019

“Easy to navigate”

OverallLet the 5 stars speak for me.
ProsHmmmm.. where do I start? I really do love everything about Vagaro. It helps me run a smooth business with clients ALWAYS telling me how much they love the ease of the on-line booking, and especially all the reminders. We live in a fast-paced world, where most are meeting themselves, coming & going. Vagaro has not only given ME freedom to do what I do, but also my clients, to book with ease and mark another thing off their to-do list. THANKS, VAGARO!
ConsWhen I run into a glitch (RARELY...but, all software has them, right?), it's really annoying. Only because I'm so spoiled with instant gratification. I'm just too busy to be bothered with software not responding to my needs. But...Vagaro is only a phone call away, and are ready to help me through my dilemma. Which is usually only because of my own lack of understanding....so, there's that. *eye roll
March 3, 2019
Sean A T.
Rockstar Developer
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
February 4, 2019

“Good value for the price”

ProsI set this software up for a massage therapist shop. It was for an individual who needed to contract out 2 services, yoga and massage therapy. In order to do that, we had to buy 2 subscriptions what was sort of a pain. However, the ease of use of software was great. There's integration into yelp and facebook. It integrates right into your google calendar which is super important for people that are really busy. Also its way cheaper than mind body so that's a bonus. They provide everything you need in order to setup a successful massage shop or whatever in fitness you are doing. They even take credit card for services. If you swipe it on your phone in the mobile app, it will ask you for a tip. On ipad, it doesn't. Also vagaro allows you to rebook an appointment on the spot which I found very convenient for rebookings.
ConsIt was really hard to setup multiple services within the shop. I had to setup yoga and massage under 2 different employees but the same name, with 2 different google calendars. It was really messy. It works best when you have employees and can set them up under services they provide, if your solo and provide more than 1 service that aren't related, its hard.
February 4, 2019
Rona H.
Owner/Founder
January 10, 2017

“BEST Scheduling Site/App for Spas & Salons!”

OverallI've been using Vagaro for my MedSpa for almost 4 years now... It is the EASIEST software and I have a 98% show-up rate because of the reminders that are sent to the clients via text AND email! Clients can NEVER use the excuse that they forgot about the appointment unless you put their info into the system incorrectly. I LOVE the marketing tools on the app as well, and I have gotten new clients just from doing the "Daily Deals" with Vagaro. Undoubtedly the best scheduling system out there for my spa! Highly recommend!
Prosappointment reminders, marketing tools, marketing emails and daily deals, "Thank You" emails, "Birthday" emails, "We miss you" emails, ease of exporting contacts, ease of scheduling, confirmation emails/texts of appts.
ConsI do not like the merchant processing that comes along with Vagaro. It is an outsourced company that does not walk you through any process at all. I do not know how to use it, yet it keeps extracting money out of my bank account monthly. Not happy with this at all.
Recommendations to other buyersFix the merchant processing!
January 10, 2017
Brandi H.
January 6, 2017

“Great price for Great service”

OverallVagaro is worth it! Trust me, we tested the waters and came back to Vagaro after a few short months. We are a small business and found that even the basic features with Vagaro met our needs better than the excess features of other service providers. We offer some services that were not set up in the existing Vagaro system and customer service helped us customize to book these services. The membership features could be improved upon but we have found a way to make the current structure work for us. Booking & checkout is user-friendly and quick, which I love. Customer service agents we have spoken with every time have been wonderful and patient. We even spoke with a Rep at a trade show who took the time to show us how to better use some of the features and we were existing customers. Super Impressed!
ProsEase of use, the price for the value and the services that are available standard would be a la cart with other providers. Communication with customers is important and the reminders and email communication are great with Vagaro.
ConsMembership structure was set up only for billing and not for tracking prepaid services. We found a way to get around that by using a point redemption structure. Works for us right now but that may have to change as our company grows.
January 6, 2017
Tammy L.
owner, hairdresser.
September 5, 2016

“the best ever”

OverallI have been a Vagaro user for about 4 years. I love the ease of it for me...a challenged computer user...and I have had great success. My customers love this also, they love the reminders and the ease of making their own appointments if necessary by theirselves.
ProsI like the fact I do not have to do a reminder call every day. There are features I am not fully using because it does not apply to my business. but as I expand I can use all the features.
ConsI think if I had to find a least like...when the wifi is slow and I cannot get onto the appointment calendar to book appt, and I have to wait. That is super annoying,,,but the good outweighs the bad I feel.
Recommendations to other buyersI am not the best at computer work, and with the ease of the system I could make it work for me and not have my assistant do my appointments. also, with the connection to my website my clients can make their own appointments if necessary. I thought it would be tough to let go of my control of my appointment calendar, but with going to a online system, it was a easy transition for them and for myself.
September 5, 2016
Simona D.
September 7, 2019

“Hair Salon/spa review ”

Overallreally enjoying it, it was a great business move for myself SUGGESTION please add a certification uploads to staff for the website portion that would be EXTREMELY useful!
Pros-super easy to use! ( unlike booker) - love the help videos -how its compatible with Instagram - comes with a website so i don't have to create one
Cons- wish there was a copy( to clip board) button for appointments to move it faster to other days - calendar would stay open to 24hrs not to miss early appointments -when moving an appointment although doesn't allow ( due to a small overlapping client ) wish there was ( a book anyways) pop up
September 7, 2019
Jessica H.
Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees
May 20, 2019

“I freaking LOVE this app ”

OverallI would work for this company. I can tell their employees love their jobs. That they hire skilled and personable employees and that the company will be around a long time. Vagaro is constantly improving their options and features. They grow with demand and with their clients.
ProsThis app is super easy to use. Functionality is not too different from app to website functions on my laptop. Customer Service is fantastic. I have had lots of questions. Everyone is knowledgeable and so friendly. Phone calls do not have a long wait. No downtimes or outages. Overall function has many great features. I think the pricing is prices just right. I love the a la cart items so I can add and delete as my business grows. This is great for a one person business or for multiple employees.
ConsI know I should have an answer for this. But I cant think of one thing. And that's says a lot !! - wait ok I do wish buying gift cards was just a little cheaper. Although the software does allow free digital gift cards. There is something about something tangible that clients love.
May 20, 2019
Kathi C.
Hair Design Extraordinaire!
Internet, 51-200 employees
May 16, 2017

“Was one of the first to have!”

ProsNot only I enjoy how this program is, My Guests absolutely love it. The reminders and the notices they receive give them the opportunity to confirm, change the date and time, and even cancel if needed appointments. My personal records that are kept helps keep me informed for all aspects of my services and also prior or next appointments. It also lets me tell my Guests what products they've enjoyed in the past so they can re-purchase them. I just love the ease and way I can let my Guests know about my time out of the Salon and Vacations that would be coming up so they can get in prior or set up for after. It also sends them a receipt on their services and costs. Would not try any other program. Works on all my Devices. I run mine on all Apple products. It also syncs on my personal calendar so I can schedule my own appointments(Dr and time off) .
May 16, 2017
Britta N.
Owner/Master Stylist & Colorist
March 30, 2017

“Great experience 3 years and counting”

OverallVery excellent app/software for the small salon or independent contractor. I don't have a receptionist, and clients love that they can book online anytime or check their appointments. I also utilize an answering service when I am with clients, and can't get the phone, called Basetend. They are a remote receptionist service, and they are set up on my Vagaro account with the ability to view and add appointments to my schedule on Vagaro. It is awesome! Also Love Vagaro's email marketing set up. So easy to send updates to all our clients and let them know whats new at the salon. Overall excellent. I back up my client list, and my calendar just in case, but there have been two short times when Vagaro had technical difficulties for like an hour and then it was fine. Just think they should compensate when things like that happen, but for the low monthly price, it really is a good value. Otherwise a great addition to my business and lifestyle.
ProsEase of use, availability, price
Consminor glitches occasionally. price list export could be improved for Mac.
Recommendations to other buyersGet it, it really helps and is so worth the price.
March 30, 2017
Valerie J.
owner/full specialist
September 3, 2016

“Great software to take away a lot of headaches with scheduling!”

OverallVagaro is a great scheduling system. My clients love it. I love that new clients can find me thru Vagaro's site and book immediately.
Prosthe fact that clients can book 24/7, cutting down drastically the phone calls I would normally have to return at the end of the day.
ConsI came across a situation where I wanted to only allow one particular service to be booked on a certin day, but Vagaro does not have that but I think it would be a great option. For example this was a date for an event where we would only performing one type of service- but there was no way to keep clients from booking whatever they wanted.....On a separate note, when I have had to call Vagaro regarding a couple issues or questions I had, I feel like I'm waking the guy up sometimes or something...I get a real 'surfer dude' vibe...probably sounds weird but I don't care for calling in, I try to resolve everything thru the chat option.
Recommendations to other buyersoverall I am very happy with Vagaro.
September 3, 2016
Lucas E.
Assistant
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
August 31, 2016

“An excellent way to handle all of your business tasks”

OverallOur business, Elastic Wax Center, started using Vagaro from its very beginning. Being a waxing salon, Vagaro provides us with everything we need in terms of functionality, credit card charges, and advertising, which helps bring new customers almost every day. One feature we really love is that our clients can easily book an appointment within minutes, and there has never been a problem with overbooking, which is essential to the satisfaction of our waxers as well as our clients.
ProsEvery time we need assistance, we get what we are looking for. There has never been a feeling of frustration using Vagaro.
ConsSome clients still calls us because they say they can't book online. We think that's just human nature, there are people who refuse to learn how to operate basic computer tasks. We say that because the younger generation of clients in their 20's and 30's never have a problem. So it's really a cultural thing. (Even Hillary Clinton can make a simple mistake handling something as basic as sending emails, right?)
Ashley D.
Massage Therapist
September 30, 2019

“Great Software!”

OverallLove how clients can book online and the amount of free emails I can send per month!
ProsThe ease of use, how there's a tutorial video for nearly everything, the accessibility of customer support, the list could go on and on!
ConsI seem to be unable to add Bundles to a daily deal, that would be great if I could do that!
September 30, 2019