PEX Ratings

Overall
4.9/5
4.7/5

About PEX

PEX is a cutting-edge solution for managing employee spend. PEX provides corporate cards and a complete employee spend management platform accessible via the web or smartphone app. With PEX, issue cards, manage spend, capture receipts and gain real-time visibility, and simplify your accounting processes. Learn more about PEX

Paul B.
Executive Director
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
January 24, 2019

“Great cash management tool”

OverallAnytime I've had to work with a customer service rep I've got my problem resolved. Love the software and the service
ProsI love how easy it is to use for both my users and my administrators. It's been very easy to manage each card separately without having to call in and wait on somdone to do it for me. What used to take a lot of time now can get done in seconds.
ConsThe cards are magnetic stripe cards. not sure if new users are getting the chips or not but that would be a great upgrade.

By PEX on January 30, 2019
Thanks for your review, Paul. We will be rolling out chip cards in 2019. Stay tuned!
SUZY N.
Finance
Events Services, 11-50 employees
September 12, 2019

“Great Debt Free Resource”

ProsWe love PEX because we can fund employee company spending debt free. We can control how much each employee is allowed to spend, on what and where. Customer service is fantastic and very responsive.
ConsThe only CON is the delay in funding the account. You really have to plan ahead do account for the 4 day delay.

By PEX on September 17, 2019
Thanks for reviewing, Suzy. PEX offers a Same-Day ACH transfer option, and we are checking to find out if your account qualifies based on your bank. This is a faster transfer option which takes as little as a few hours within the same business day. Glad we could help your event business run smoothly!
September 12, 2019
Katie K.
August 28, 2019

“Keeps our Costs down, and our Crews Funded!”

ProsWith 9 Crews on the road PEX is the lifesaver that keeps them funded for daily job needs, but keep our costs in check. With Daily Spend rules and limits, we can control how much is being spent each day. One less thing to worry about during the day to day grind! Very easy to set up and use. Crews use it just like a credit card.
ConsTakes 1-2 weeks to get new cards. No issues other than that.
August 28, 2019
Cathryn B.
Accountant
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
February 6, 2019

“One of the best decisions we made”

OverallThis has helped us track our spending and actually get our receipts. Something we struggled with for years.
ProsCan Instantly add money to a card, or remove it. Can determine where the money can be spent.
ConsWhen there is fraudulent activity you don't receive the funds back until the case is investigated and decided in your favor.

By PEX on August 29, 2019
Thanks for your review. So glad PEX could help your organization grow more streamlined and simplified, Cathryn!
Stephen P.
Manager, Production Finance
Entertainment, 51-200 employees
January 24, 2019

“Completely revolutionized the way we track spending on film productions”

ProsIn the past we used 3" Binders, Paper, tape and Excel to track every expense on our 30+ projects a year. End Users hated the antiquated process, so did our Supervisors and we were running out of valuable space to store/find binders. Enter PEX which captures expense data automatically and has mobile photo uploads of receipts, completely revolutionizing our process.
ConsSome vendors/film crew do not have the ability to accept credit/debit cards/online payment processors and instead prefer check or cash. Adding the ability to cut/mail checks like a standard Bill Pay offered by most major banks or ability to withdraw cash at an ATM would help keep all expense tracking under one platform!
Candace C.
Secretary
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

“PEX is amazing!!”

OverallThe overall PEX experience has been great!! I would recommend this software to anyone needing a simple way to distribute money to employees who need to purchase items for the business.
ProsPEX is great for companies, churches, groups etc that have multiple people who spend money. I use this for our church and it is so easy to transfer money between cards and as long as you have the money in the PEX account you can transfer the money for your people and they have it immediately! It is also nice to have so many people drawing from the same account and they get to upload their receipts so no messing around with turning them in paper version!
ConsThe only thing I don't like is how many days it takes for money to transfer from the bank to the PEX card account. I understand it's probably just like when using a debit card and it doesn't always show up right away.
Stephanie F.
controller
Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

“Great Access to Cash”

OverallWe have employees located outside of our headquarters who have quick access to make purchases for items that require immediate payment.
ProsEasy cash access for purchases with low liability by only funded what is needed.
ConsWe have had an issue lately with fraudulent charges, but that can happen with any credit card.
Steve C.
Executive Pastor
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
June 11, 2018

“Pex took the risk out of our company spending and simplified our finance processes. ”

OverallThe flexibility it gives me as the account manager to painlessly manage my team while empowering them to lead their departments.
ProsIt's so easy to manage the whole team's finances. I love that I'm not having to micromanage every single purchase but can easily see all the purchases that were made by each employee and manage limits and overall budget.
ConsI honestly can't think of many. This has been very helpful software for our team and has even enabled us to empower our volunteers and give them cards as well.
June 11, 2018
April K.
February 7, 2019

“PEX for the Win!”

OverallI highly recommend PEX to anyone who is looking for ways to simplify their employees per diem usage.
ProsIts fast, easy, and convenient . Customer Service is awesome!
ConsWe have been using PEX for 2 years, and have had zero issues. No cons for me to report!
February 7, 2019
Dawn D.
January 30, 2019

“Efficient ”

OverallWe use PEX as per diem cards for traveling employees. It is very convenient when a sudden trip comes up & we can load the card from anywhere.
ProsVery easy to manage. Not complicated at all.
ConsI honestly can't think of a negative issue that we've had to deal with.
January 30, 2019
Jason P.
Facility Director
Facilities Services, 51-200 employees
May 11, 2018

“I use the software in my current role ”

OverallBeing able to have all the transactions with detail information.
ProsI like that the software is easy to work with and its able to provide detail information on all transactions.
ConsI would love to be able to print the receipts that I uploaded to the system. That would make it so much easier to just print them out when its time for a report instead of keeping track of them individually for extended periods of time.

By PEX on October 30, 2018
Hi Jason, thanks for your review! Just wanted to let you know that we¿ll be working on an enhancement for that exact use case in the next few months.
May 11, 2018
Kelly W.
Real Estate Agent
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
September 17, 2018

“Easy to use ”

ProsI use this to manage my prepaid PEx card when I work promotional modeling gigs. I will buy products with my PEX card and have to enter the info of what I purchased within the app.
ConsThere is nothing I dislike about this software.
September 17, 2018
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
January 24, 2019

“Perfect product for our department heads”

ProsEase of use, multiple cards, easy transfers
ConsI wish there was an auto-reload option that would allow a predetermined amount to be transfered from the bank to a card on a certain date.

By PEX on January 30, 2019
Thank you for your review!
Dusti K.
Account Executive
Broadcast Media, 501-1000 employees
November 16, 2018

“Great Product! ”

OverallWe use PEX for purchasing product needed at our events. All event staff has a PEX card that is loaded before their event and allows them to purchase the product needed without having to front any of their own money and wait for reimbursement. This is especially helpful and also makes it easy to track.
ProsI really like this system and how easy it is to use. The app is very user friendly. You can easily add receipts to your transactions and all of the information is loaded automatically. It also updates instantly. It really is a timesaver not having to do elaborate expense reports.
ConsNot much bad to say about this. At first, I did have a little difficulty figuring out the right place to add my receipts, as it seemed there was more than one location, but I have sense then figured it out.
November 16, 2018
Jeanette R.
Vice President of Operations
Real Estate, 51-200 employees

“Great product solution”

OverallGreat customer care and resolves any issues we experience in an expeditious manner.
ProsEasy app for PEX card user to reconcile purchases. Easy platform for our accounting team to transfer funds to cards, manage reconciliations and pull report to upload to our accounting software.
ConsNone, once all team members were trained properly this system works fantastic.
Lesa W.
Food & Beverages, Self-employed
May 12, 2019

“Great product”

OverallI have had great experience with PEX. It is easy to use and easy to put money onto it.
ProsThis card is easy to use and can be used in any store. Great product
ConsThere has been one store I cannot use the card as a credit, I have to use it as debit. The rest of the stores I can use it as credit.

By PEX on May 14, 2019
Thanks for your review Lesa! We hope the simplicity of the PEX platform helps you to organize and grow your business.
May 12, 2019
Samir S.
December 6, 2016

“Awesome solution to managing your company's employee's expenses”

OverallAs a startup, we had to find a solution to control our contractor's expenses using our company's funds. At first, we had to trust our few starting contractors to use our company funds. But then when we grew, we needed control and most importantly reporting and analysis. As it was something relating to our company funds. Pex card was the solution to this problem. They're easy to use simple dashboard tells you everything.

By PEX on December 6, 2016
Thanks for reviewing.
December 6, 2016
Knalidi D.
HR Generalist/Recruiter
Food Production, 501-1000 employees
November 6, 2018

“HR Generalist/Recruiter”

ProsIt's a decent product. Mostly intuitive.
ConsHave to call customer service to order new cards
November 6, 2018
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
January 9, 2019

“PEX Review”

OverallIt's so easy to use. I am out buying supplies, I snap a pic of the receipt, upload it to PEX, code it to the right budget, and voila!
ProsThe ease of uploading a receipt and image as well as coding it. So easy!
ConsI have seen a purchase not go through on the app.
January 9, 2019