Commerce Sync Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About Commerce Sync

Automatically transfers daily sales info from your Point of Sale into QuickBooks or Xero. Save time & money every day. Learn more about Commerce Sync

Rose C.
CFO
June 15, 2017

“When it works, it's great. Any little bump in the road and it's useless”

OverallI'd recommend the product because I can't find anything else that does it, I don't care for the support or the frequent problems.
ProsI like that it's seamless and automatically syncs when it is working right. The price is reasonable
ConsIf you computer does an update, CommerceSync doesn't know how to handle it and everything goes to crap. My computer was backed up once and CommerceSync automation all fell apart again and I reset it and it said the accounting was synced, but it defaulted to old settings in Quickbooks and messed it all up again. Any small disturbance in the set up and it takes HOURS to get it set up again - this seems small, but in the roughly 9 months we've had it, I've had to try and reset it at least 4 times which is a huge pain. The service team doesn't seem to understand the product or what the developers do. And, they really don't understand your accounting software (i.e. quickbooks, etc) or your POS (square, stripe, etc.) and that's really a problem because they can't help you set it up properly. I've had weeks of back and forth e-mails where no one will return my calls and they just respond with an email when I've specifically asked for a call to explain the problem. It's the type of help center that only wants to send out pre-written help articles (which you've likely already reviewed on the website) and pays no attention to your actual problem.
June 15, 2017
Susie G.
Restaurants, 1-10 employees
May 16, 2017

“Used this with Square and QuickBooks”

OverallThe time is saves is wonderful. Once set up the information is automatically downloaded into QuickBooks. Saves me hours of work daily, no longer have to manually input my sales.
ProsDoes the work for you, downloads directly into QuickBooks, even while I sleep! The information for all sales are categorized and updated into QB without me having to do anything. This has literally saved me hours of time, daily.
Cons
May 16, 2017
Seth R.
October 31, 2017

“Time saver!”

ProsThis software enters all of my Square sales into QuickBooks and I don't have to touch it. The time it would take me would cost me much more than the monthly fee Commerce Sync charges.
ConsSometimes transactions don't automatically sync, but customer support is great bout taking care of the issue.
October 31, 2017
Gavin M.
Product Manager
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
March 24, 2019

“Finally a Tool for Stripe to Quickbooks Sync”

OverallEasy to install and run, and effortlessly solves syncing between Stripe and Quickbooks.
ProsCommerce Sync makes it incredibly easy to connect Stripe accounts to Quickbooks for automated revenue recognition. With very few setup steps, you can enable daily syncs that keep Quickbooks up to date without intervention. Customization is rich enough to get the job done.
ConsThe UI is lacking, and the setup can be somewhat weird until your accounts are connected. Support was also somewhat slow to respond to a request (several days).
March 24, 2019
Valerie P.
QuickBooks ProAdvisor
Accounting, Self-employed
July 17, 2019

“Customer support severely lacking”

OverallWe are trying to sync our Square sales with QuickBooks desktop financial software. So far, we have not been successful. CommerceSync support is slow to respond and they will not communicate by phone so it takes many days to get any kind of answer. We have been using it for several weeks and have not been successful.
ProsThe theory about what it can do if it works as advertised.
ConsThe customer support is non-responsive. They send an email, then do not respond to your response for at least 24 hours.
July 17, 2019
Matthew F.
Fine Art, Self-employed
January 9, 2019

“Works, but customer service is awful.”

ProsIt worked for the most part and it was inexpensive for the convenience you get.
ConsI ended up canceling because I decided to handle my books in a different way. They make if very difficult to cancel and close your account. I ended up being charged three more times after going back and forth with them about canceling and closing my account...
January 9, 2019