Linxup GPS Tracking Ratings

Overall

About Linxup GPS Tracking

A simple, powerful, and affordable way to manage your fleet and valuable equipment. Increase efficiency with easy to use Google-based maps, insightful reports, driver behavior score cards, maintenance tracking and alerts for unauthorized or improper use. Easy to install and use, our devices operate on a reliable 4G network. Linxup is also a FMCSA-approved ELD solution, with options for cold chain and temperature management, IFTA and more. Accessible with free mobile apps for iPhone and Android. Learn more about Linxup GPS Tracking

Tina R.
Construction Coordinator
September 17, 2019

“Central Confinement Review - Linxup”

OverallWe have used Linxup for several years and we like it. We were able to price decline on our per unit price last year, and that is helpful. That makes Linxup even more competitive for us to keep, when we get good product for a good price. The service is lacking at times, but the overall product and service of Linxup is one that I would recommend.
ProsI like how easy it is to use. It so easy to log in and see that it takes you directly to a map that show all of your vehicles, and with a quick list to see who may be offline. It also great to see who may need to vehicle maintenance with the check engine indicator online. The report are pretty easy to read and have been very helpful. A good product.
ConsThe support is what I have the most issue with in regards to Linxup. It really depends who you get on the phone. Some of the reps you speak to when a device loses a signal are great and quick, and don't try to keep you on the phone, but they want to solve your problem as quick as possible. However, the next time you call you could get a rep that acts like they are new and don't know what is really going on, which is strange to me how some representatives are so educated and others are not.
Justin P.
March 27, 2017

“On point tracking so I always know where my truck are and that they are traveling safely!”

OverallThe tracking info the devices give in so valuable. I can break down all my employees travels to find ways to improve our routes. The safety info that gets communicated makes sure I can hold my drivers accountable which keeps every one safe.
ProsEasy to use and VERY accurate info.
ConsWish there route program had more functions for dispatching like starting point and automatic route planning.

By Linxup GPS Tracking on May 1, 2017
Hello Justin and thanks for your review of Linxup GPS tracking for your business, RVA LawnCare. We strive to offer the easiest software to use that provides powerful data that you can use to grow your business and save money. As you know, our GPS tracking devices update every 60 seconds and accurate up to 15 feet so you always know where your equipment and drivers are (making it easier to update their routes as well). Thanks again for your review of Linxup GPS tracking!
Mark B.
September 28, 2019

“Unprofessional and Poor Quality”

OverallVery bad customer service. Product does not work, push notifications are all wrong, maps and mileage are wrong. trucks send wrong info and the product does not do as they stated.
ProsIt is very bad and never works with no support at all!
ConsSwitch and bait. They send the product without a contract and then threaten you to keep their poor design. Admin does not care and money is their only object.

By Linxup GPS Tracking on October 11, 2019
Hi Mark - It looks like you've been a customer for almost two years with several devices, so we're distressed to hear that you aren't happy. We strive to delight our customers and are anxious to make sure you're satisfied. It looks like some of the issues you've been having include incorrect installation of the wired devices and Google map speed alerts. Karen, one of our customer support reps, recently sent you instructions to correct the wiring, but we'd be happy to provide additional assistance if you'd like to give us a call. Speed limit data comes from Google, but we do have an easy way to update that if they are reporting incorrect data on your common routes. Just to clarify, we do sell our devices without contracts being required and never switch customers over to contracts unless they request it. We did recently send a standard update to our Terms & Conditions, but that does not change the terms of contracts or month-to-month service.
September 28, 2019
Latine H.
Chief Transportation Officer
June 22, 2019

“Valuable Part of My Operation”

OverallThe Linxup GPS Tracking reports speeding, fuel consumption and other careless driving and reports it daily so that I can immediately share with the driver for an immediate improvement.
ProsLinxup tracking is an integral part of my operation. The information it provides is priceless when you're not able to be on the road. It helps to reign in careless behavior before it takes a toll on my bottom line.
ConsOne feature I wish it would provide would be an alert to my inbox when it is disconnected.
June 22, 2019
Daron J.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
June 6, 2019

“Linxup experience”

Prossimple enough to use effective enough to provide needed information
Consdevices are not as reliable as they should be.

By Linxup GPS Tracking on June 10, 2019
Hi Daron, thanks for your feedback! We're interested to hear more about the issue you're experiencing or the specific problem you're trying to solve. I'm including my personal contact info to you directly and I'll be happy to get you in touch with the right person, based on what you're trying to solve. You can also feel free to contact our support team at 1-877-732-4980 at your earliest convenience.
June 6, 2019
Chuck G.
Operations/ ASM
May 1, 2017

“We have been tracking our fleet for more than 2 years. We recovered a stolen semi within hours!”

ProsEase of identifying vehicle locations on map and the alerts functions. I also like the report functions.
ConsDependence on the maps "posted speed limits". Although I can manually change the limit on sections of road I shouldn't have to waste my time doing so. I'd also like to see customizable vehicle icons so I can quickly determine which is which- ex. a truck vs. a car vs. a tractor.
Corey G.
General Manager

“Great Product”

OverallWe use Linxup for all of our fleet vehicles. The software, especially the mobile app helps not only with the location and routes of the vehicles but many of the other tools are very helpful. Warnings, notification of when a vehicle is used outside of hours, vehicle needs, etc. help with meeting our fleet needs. I recommend this product to others.
ProsNotifications
ConsMobile App could be a little more user friendly when going from place to another in the app
Kevin C.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

“Awesome Device”

OverallHave 11 units and helps me keep up with my equipment. I know if a driver has not moved to check on them quickly to ensure their safety.
ProsAbility of location within minutes.
ConsSatellites sometimes get blocked and stalls tracking for a few minutes.

By Linxup GPS Tracking on May 2, 2017
Hello Kevin, Thanks for the reviewing Linxup GPS Tracking and we appreciate your feedback! We serve a lot of customer in the transportation, trucking and railroad industries and know that safety is a large priority. Glad that you are using our idling alerts and safe driving report cards to keep your drivers safe! Thanks again for your review and we appreciate the feedback!
Duane F.
Computer Software, Self-employed
May 28, 2019

“Accurate Product, works great”

OverallTracking my personal vehicles
ProsIt works as expected and gives great peace of mind.
ConsIts a bit more expensive to have trackers on four cars than most people want to pay. Would be better if longer term customers could earn discounts. * Would be great if it could page me after hours if someone opened a door.
John K.
Pres

“Linxup Gps”

OverallLinxup has been a handy device to track my fleet and dispatch for service calls as well remind me when i need oil changes and inspections on the fleet.
ProsSoftware very useful for my needs as well as able to tell me about my drivers and vehicles
ConsDont like that i need to replace units because they go bad
Lewis H.
VP of Operations

“My Linxup Comments”

ProsThe ability to get instant information.
ConsThe inability to save route maps for future reference. I would like to save certain vehicle route maps.

By Linxup GPS Tracking on June 10, 2019
Hi Lewis - Thank you for the feedback! At this time you can't save a specific route to view on the map, but you can use Route Replay to go back and view routes by vehicle for at least one year. You can also download all data from routes to an excel file. We're passing along your suggestion to our product development team for consideration as an additional feature.
roy d.
Ops Manager
Security and Investigations, 11-50 employees
February 19, 2019

“GPS for Field Techs”

OverallWe've increased tech productivity and with the grading system we've achieved piece of mind for our tech's safety.
ProsThe APP is very easy to use and extremely accurate. Love the Score it provides as a baseline.
ConsReally don't have any negatives. Does what we need and easy to use.
February 19, 2019
JESSICA P.
OFFICE MANAGER
Automotive, 1-10 employees

“Great Product!”

OverallQuality is great, it's easy to use, customer support is always friendly and helpful when we can and have a question! I love we can track our mechanics and wrecker drivers and know their locations at all times and know they are getting to our customers in a timely manner. We love the dispatching feature, its great to use and we don't have to hassle with calling them and having to write the dispatch down!
ProsDispatching feature
Consroute playlist

By Linxup GPS Tracking on May 2, 2017
Hello Jessica, Thanks for the reviewing Linxup GPS Tracking and we appreciate your candid feedback! We are glad that you find our solution easy to use and our customer support friendly! We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and love to make them happy! Thanks for your review and we appreciate the feedback!
Norman P.
September 17, 2019

“Always have to re sign in.”

ProsIt locates my trucks and I can put my jobs on the map so I know how close or far they are.
ConsI have a screen didicated to Linx up and I always have to re sign in every day or so. The passed routes do not stay available long enough.
Anthony L.
COO
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees
May 28, 2019

“Best, Simple most affordable GPS tracking systems in the USA”

OverallGreat customer service, and folllow-up. Easy to use phone app and online web based log in.
ProsFull fleet telematics for the most affordable price
ConsNone. LinxUp will be releasing more features in the coming months and looking forward to using those updates.
Amy W.

“Linxup”

ProsIt was very easy to use. If i have any issues all i have to do is all customer service and they are very nice and more that willing to help me with my issue.
Consfor what i use it for i dont have anything.
Dennis G.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees
September 27, 2019

“Great product”

ProsWe are able to track our vehicles and monitor driving performance from anywhere. Its easily installed in any vehicle.
ConsI don't have any negatives to say about the product
September 27, 2019
Greg B.
Parts Manager
Automotive, 51-200 employees

“GPS Tracking made Easy”

ProsI like that I am able to see where my delivery trucks are and I am able to give real time updates to Customers should they ask for an ETA
ConsSo far nothing is bad, I had one issue where the vehicles were disappearing from my screen, but the Support team was able to quickly figure out that I need to do some cleaning of files on my end and all was back to normal instantly.
David S.
Owner operator
Construction, 1-10 employees
October 7, 2019

“Linxup review”

ProsI can track my crews which allows me to not have to call them to check where they are and also how much time is spent on any one job. I also like knowing if they are honest or not about where they have been during the day.
ConsOne time I checked vehicles and the map showed one to be in a lake about 30 miles away, in one of my fishing spots no less.That particular truck had never been in that area. The next day it was fine. The route replay map can get too jumbled if they have been to the same place multiple times during the day. This makes it hard to click on all the stopping points because they are stacked on top of each other. I did have a problem loading the page for a while but it turned out to be a google chrome issue. I reset chrome to initial settings and have not had a problem since.
October 7, 2019
THOMAS H.
CONTROLLER
Automotive, 51-200 employees
September 24, 2019

“REVIEW OF LINXUP SYSTEM”

ProsREPORTS, TRACKING OF LOCATION OF TRUCK DRIVERS
ConsNOTHING, WE HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH USE OR FUNCTION OF SYSTEM
Jerry M.
Textiles, 1-10 employees

“Works well for us ”

OverallKeeping out team honest through monitoring their driving performance. We also use the software to reimburse them for mileage per diems.
ProsThis software is easy to use and comes in handy for tax time, calculating all the mileage is a breeze. It's also a great way to keep our drivers honest and safe by monitoring their speed, harsh braking, and rapid acceleration. Businesses need this software, and linx up does a great job.
Consthat it's not free :-). Other than that, there's not much to complain about.
James C.

“Linxup GPS”

ProsIt makes it easy tracking my vehicles as they come and go
ConsNot much Would like a better volume discount
Allan D.
May 8, 2019

“Ok software. Poor support. ”

OverallI'll just say this, I called them to remove my card from auto pay and they refused to do it despite being required to do so by law. They appear to be desperate for business. And not very friendly when you call them out.
ProsThe devices were reasonably reliable. I guess.
ConsThe support. Had issues at various time with devices not being shipped to correct location, issues logging in, billing, communication, etc. at the end of the day, Linxup didn't follow through with their promise to take care of issues.

By Linxup GPS Tracking on June 12, 2019
Mr. Draper - We're very sorry you've experienced issues with our support. We do strive to delight all of customers. We understand there are issues with your existing devices that remain under contract. If you would like additional assistance, I've briefed a member of our Customer Experience team about this issue and you may contact him directly (Beau Giessman (314) 449-8486 ext. 314). I'm also sending his information along in a direct message to you with this response.
May 8, 2019
Addie H.
Office manager
Accounting, 11-50 employees
April 12, 2019

“Linxup works great ”

OverallI've been using it for almost 2 years. It works great and does the job- no too pricey either!
ProsI like the ease of seeing where the technician has travelled on the map. Then all the reports you can look at.
ConsSometimes it seems gps' in general do weird things and don't account for random moments. Doesnt happen often
April 12, 2019
Roberto V.
April 27, 2017

“Good enough”

OverallMostly it is all good but I have had trouble with a unit and the issue has not been fixed. They will not replace my unit even though it malfunctions.
ProsIt tracks good
ConsSome issues with customer service
April 27, 2017
Amber K.
Bookkeeper
Glass, Ceramics & Concrete, 1-10 employees

“Great”

ProsWe are able to track our employees with ease
ConsWhen the software fails and we arent able to see where our employees are
Aaron H.
Director of People and Culture
Wholesale, 51-200 employees

“It's not bad”

OverallIt's okay not bad.
ProsVery easy to use. This is a very simple plug and play system.
ConsThe maps. They need to do a better job with updating the speed limits in the system. It is a drag to have to do that on our end. Although, I guess it's a plus to be able to update it if needed.
Anthony C.
Food Production, 11-50 employees
September 18, 2019

“Super easy”

OverallComplete ease, tracking and scoring are a big advantage
ProsA click on the app and I can track all my vehicles
ConsI would like a list of stopping points, instead of looking at the map to achieve this, for down times.
September 18, 2019
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
September 12, 2018

“Great vehicle tracking solution for low cost”

ProsIntuitive interface, uses Google Maps, easy to scale (and manage hundreds of vehicles).
ConsMobile apps need updated and occasionally have issues with speed limits in certain areas.
September 12, 2018
Aaron F.
Property Maintenance Division Manager
11-50 employees
November 9, 2017

“MONEY SAVER!!!”

OverallThis is an absolute MUST for any service industry professional with multiple stops per day for multiple crews in multiple vehicles. We use it primarily in our lawn care. It's your "eyes in the sky". Our savings came from "idle time" and reduced "break time". The guys can't take extra breaks because we'll know about it. It stops moonlighting when we let trucks go home with guys for the night. We used to worry when someone wanted to use a truck over the weekend to"help a friend move" or "haul something away", now, we don't worry at all. We just get their address and their desired destination in the system and tell them there's a GPS in there. Then we look at the route the next day and pat him on the back or fire him! Totally worth it!
ProsCost and ROI! With just one unit in one truck for 1 week, we saved enough money to pay for 3 units for a year!
November 9, 2017
Jonathan S.
September 24, 2019

“Good Software . Very Useful . Hardware Easy to implement”

ProsEasy to order more trackers. Good tracking platform online. I like the Geofence Feature.
ConsI wish you could generate a report of total hours inside a geo fence over a given period of time . I don't think this is possible or not clear if it is. Occasionally the software would tell me check engine lights were on in vehicles when they were not .
BILL M.
June 1, 2019

“ELD & GPS Tracking”

ProsThe IFTA Plus...makes my life easy at fuel tax time
ConsTablet disconnects from truck (getting better though)

By Linxup GPS Tracking on June 10, 2019
Hi Bill, thanks so much for your feedback regarding our ELD product. We're happy to hear that IFTA helps to reduce some burden on your end. Regarding the tablet disconnecting, we wanted to ensure that you're running the latest Data Service App (DSA) software (version 1.5.4) for best results. Also, we are in the process of releasing a tablet software update across all of our ELD devices in circulation over the course of the next three weeks that should address a number of issues that could cause a dropped connection. We'll keep an eye on your account when rolling these updates out, though please do let us know if this issue persists. Thank you!
June 1, 2019
Pete R.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self-employed
May 31, 2019

“Handy to have on board”

OverallI am using the Asset Tracker on my boat to log position for insurance purposes. At some boat size and value, every insurance company wants to be able to track the boat in case it is stolen.
ProsThis software works well with the Linxup hardware on my boat to give me position information. The map that is created shows where the boat has been and gives me the time the boat batteries are switched on and then off at the end of the voyage.
ConsThe interface needs some work to make the menus more obvious. As will all software, once you are familiar with its operation, it becomes easier, but the learning curve is steeper than I would have liked and this might be an issue with less tech savvy people using the hardware.
Luke T.
Operations
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
October 8, 2017

“They make it IMPOSSIBLE to cancel”

ProsIt works, easy to read maps, good mobile app. GPS reports more frequently in turns, giving more accurate tracking path.
ConsCannot cancel service other than disputing with credit card company. They won't take cancellations on their website, over the phone, or by email. You can only use the "contact us" form, and cancellation messages are not responded to or honored. Only way to get them to stop billing you is through your credit card company. False idling alerts. Whenever key is turned it thinks you're idling. There's no way for software to interperet whether engine is on by the battery voltage, which should be very easy
October 8, 2017
eddie a.
Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees

“GPS Tracking”

OverallI have used the product for a years and really like the tracking and the app is easy to use.
ProsThe ease of the app. I can just click the app and locate my vehicles.
ConsRoute replay, I would like it if there was a faster way to view replay like an 30 minute, 1 hour and more replay options in lieu of having to put the dates and times.
Tony P.
Managing Dispatch

“Linxup GPS”

OverallTracking my equipments
ProsEase of use , able to see where drivers and equipment are immediately
ConsEquipment tracker battery does not long enough
Dan O.
Executive Assistant/Accountant
March 1, 2019

“Very Affordable and Very Accurate”

OverallIt helps us review which job sites the employees were at when they forget to mark it down on their worksheets.
ProsIt was easy to set up and easy to use! I didn't have to read the directions to get up and running!
ConsNothing I have come across as of yet! Great product!
Jim B.
Rental
May 1, 2017

“I have not had to use customer support yet. Love this.”

ProsEase of use, easy to go through, I can run reports very easily for maintenance etc. Keep an eye on my trucks and drivers
Debbie H.
Director of Operations
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
October 1, 2019

“Love Linxup”

OverallWe have reduced gas usage and insurance premiums.
ProsEasy to use and it is a great product to keep track of our fleet vehicles.
ConsCan't think of anything. We are happy we chose Linxup
October 1, 2019
Lynn H.
office asst.
Government Relations, 11-50 employees

“highly recommend”

Overallkeeping up with employee location
Proseasy login, easy tracking, easy printing reports of each vehicle
Consit shows vehicles offline a lot, plug ins shows offline
Murray P.
Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

“Owner/managing partner”

OverallVery great
Prostrack equipment, assists greatly to invoice rental customer.
Constracker dies when not in cellular service and device requires replacement
Ray R.
Fleet Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

“Trackers on Fleet”

Overall Was using different company. Decided to try Linxup on the half of fleet that didn't have any. Liked them so much cancelled the other carrier and put Linxup in every vehicle in fleet.
ProsEasy to use and install.
Recommendations to other buyersEasy to install

By Linxup GPS Tracking on May 1, 2017
Hello Ray and thanks for using Linxup GPS Tracking for your business, Superior Moving and Storage. We strive to make our software simple to use, our GPS tracking devices easy to install, and most importantly we guarantee customer satisfaction! So happy to be working with you and thanks again for your candid review of our GPS trackers for your fleet. Have a great day!
Jeff R.
Computer Networking, 11-50 employees
August 28, 2019

“Equipment does not work”

OverallSucked
ProsWhen it works is good. It just never works
ConsWorked for about a month, paid for 5. Asked to have device replaced and they wanted a deposit to fix thier falty equipment

By Linxup GPS Tracking on September 11, 2019
Hi Jeff - We're so sorry you experienced difficulty with your devices. We do require a refundable deposit to send out replacement equipment to ensure that defective equipment is returned. When processing a replacement we will also include labels to ship the defective devices back for free, and your full deposit is returned upon receipt. If we can assist with getting you replacement devices, please contact customer support.
August 28, 2019
Charlie K.
Asset Manager
Entertainment, 11-50 employees
February 22, 2019

“Best Product I found for Tracking Trailers”

OverallEverything about Linxup has been great from ordering to install to functionality of it.
ProsI looked at a lot of different GPS Trackers for trailers and this one is the best I found. It is able to be hidden out of sight and still get good reception.
ConsI have not found any cons yet with hardware or software.
Jeffries L.
February 10, 2016

“Linxup Saves My Company Money”

ProsThe best thing i ever did for my company should of done this 20 years ago BIG SAVING You know now who been costing you MONEY AND WHO BEEN RIDING YOUR CLOCK YOU WILL BE SURPRISE all the money you have lost and this device tell you everthing you need to know EXAMPLE START AND STOP HOW FAST THEY ARE DRIVING WHERE THEY ARE AT AT ALL TIME IT IS JUST awesome i just cant say enough about this device it will save your business from employee that not don't care about their job and just riding your clock you will see for yourself get it and start saving thank you save your company now.
ConsI'm satisfied with this company and their service.
Recommendations to other buyersTry Linxup and save your company money. It really works.
February 10, 2016
Michelle V.
Controller

“Controller”

OverallFrom sales to installation to support services I've been promptly assisted anytime I've reached out, very easy to do business with your company.
ProsEase of access by multiple users 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
ConsOccasionally the item trackers glitch on the map view.
Mike J.

“Accurate Tracking”

OverallI bought this mostly to track my Dad who sometimes gets lost. Works very well. I also purchased one to track my high school and college student. It gives a lot of peace of mind.

By Linxup GPS Tracking on May 1, 2017
Hello Mike and thanks for reviewing Linxup GPS tracking. We are really glad to hear that our GPS tracking devices give you a lot of peace of mind! Whether you are tracking your Dad, your high school/college students, or your business, we are glad that our software solution works for you! Thanks again for the review and feel free to reach out to us if you need anything at all. Have a great day!
Akia L.
Social
Public Safety, 5001-10,000 employees
September 19, 2019

“Easy to install”

ProsThe plug in device is really easy to start using. Simply plug it in.
ConsThe price is a bit high even with multiple devices there is no discount.
September 19, 2019
Bruce G.
Construction, 1-10 employees
July 24, 2019

“Poor Marketing”

OverallTrailer fleet
ProsNothing, this product is extremely difficult to install.
ConsI was led to believe this is easy to install and I'd have help from Linxup in doing so. I came to find out I have to hardwire this into my trailer myself. When I called customer service they told me what each wire does and didn't help after that. When I tried to cancel they told me they would charge my full payment I'd owe after two years for two units. Horrible system. Don't buy this.

By Linxup GPS Tracking on September 11, 2019
Hi Bruce - We're so sorry you had an issue with installation. It is quite easy with a three wire connection. There is a link to a helpful video in your Quickstart Guide (https://www.linxup.com/ATinstall/index.html), but if you'd like to contact support we can also recommend professional installers near you. While we do not offer returns, you can cancel monthly service at any time when not under contract. You can also transfer devices to a friend or business associate and they can call in to set up new service.
July 24, 2019
Elias N.
Tennis Instructor
April 9, 2018

ConsI have been using Linxup for two years, now I tried to cancel my service, nobody returns my call.the GPS signal shows not accurate locations

By Linxup GPS Tracking on April 19, 2018
Hello Elias and thanks for reaching out to us on Capterra. After speaking with you on the phone about your account, we have refunded you, updated your GPS tracking devices, and canceled your account (as requested). We understand that you are moving and we want to wish you the best on your journey. Safe travels to you! Please let us know if there is anything additional that we can do for you!
April 9, 2018