Aspose.Total Ratings

Overall

About Aspose.Total

Market leader of .NET APIs for file business formats. Natively works with DOCX, XLSX, PPT, PDF, MSG, MPP and many more. Learn more about Aspose.Total

Adam H.
Marketing Consultant
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
September 27, 2018

“Moving to Aspose.Total has brought the search to an end! ”

OverallOur core use of Aspose is focused aground the generation of complex Word,PDF and Excel documents which are dynamically generated based on system data (ranging from a few kbs to gbs in size) however we have used the Aspose libraries in a myriad of different scenarios to support our product functionality including: Data import from Word,PDF,Excel Document manipulation to update and join existing system documents Excel validation to ensure good quality data is brought into the system Data visualisation into offline documents as well as directly onto application screens Report server integration to forego the use of external applications widgets and visualisation tools Offline document to web service end point transfer Aspose Total is a market leading product which from our experience is unrivalled in its capability and potential. The complexity of what Aspose has achieved is not to be understated and we would highly recommend its use in any size application where control is required around document generation
ProsWhile researching tools capable of achieving a full document and data lifecycle required to provide our product with the capabilities expected by our prestigious clientele, we found only one solution Aspose.Total. Over the last 7 years we have assessed many tools that could provide certain aspects of PDFs, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word generation including Aspose. Moving to Aspose.Total has brought the search to an end! it has allowed us to deal with one product, one supplier and one support route when/if required. The fact that Aspose is browser agnostic is a real benefit to any company looking to create cross bowser tools and products. As a company we produce a product which relies heavily on data and document manipulation through web and windows based applications. Aspose Total has been a versatile product which seamlessly allows us to use a set of libraries to achieve wide ranging tasks without the need for any server installation or setup. Aspose Total allows you to create a complex backend life cycle which integrates the architecture of your product in an easy to maintain, extend and use process whilst retaining control to validate and visualise without the need for any other tools. Although we make use of a wide range of the Aspose Library functions we have found the upgrade path to later versions to be manageable from a technical view and the risk of any upgrade to be assessable through the use of the comprehensive release notes and version structure.
ConsWe cannot find any faults in this software
September 27, 2018
Education Management, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
September 11, 2018

“Aspose.Words for .NET Gets 5 stars”

OverallOur first implementation was Microsoft Office Interop library. This library converts the docx documents to pdf files perfectly and we decided to upload it to report generation server. But after a while, we noticed that conversion jobs are waiting for each executable. This causes a big delay on converting the documents at the same time. So, we started to search a new tool for converting docx files to pdf files. We decided to use Aspose.Words for .NET tool inside the various other commercial and open source tools. One of the reasons for deciding this tool is that each exe converts their documents to pdf at the same time and no waiting lock exists on the processing time. Most of the tools waits each other when converting documents. I think that print functionality causes this problem for other tools. Another reason is that this tool do the best conversion from other tools. It means preservation of the docx formatting, alignments and other styles given to docx files.
ProsLong story short, I finalised my pursuit for a reliable and accurate docx to pdf conversion too after I tried Aspose.Words for .NET. I have been looking for a high performing docx to pdf tool for a while now. Our system has an e-government aspect and is generating a very high number of reports to the user community. At this point, performance is paramount. Earlier tools I have used did not do simultaneous conversion, instead each exe needed to wait for completion of the other. I have tried Aspose.words and I am very happy with the results. First of all, it was very easy and seamless to integrate and deploy in our project. Very smooth. Secondly, the speed of conversion is way better due to the fact that multiple jobs run in parallel. Thirdly, not only fast, but even with no formatting errors. Considering that we are providing a multi-lingual system and some reports include both English and Arabic fields (mind right-to-left alignment!), this was very important. And finally, the file size was quite small, which again is very important as tens of thousands of documents are created through our system.
ConsWe have not noticed any cons so far during our trial.
September 11, 2018
Michael M.
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
August 27, 2018

“This product made creating custom proposals a snap!”

OverallMy customers can now make their own custom templates in Excel, Word, or PowerPoint. Then, using the Aspose library and a small amount of custom code, I can turn their template into a custom proposal, order confirmation, invoice, statement, or any other output that I want. And by using the rest of the libraries, I can combine them into PDFs, email them, or show them in HTML on the web page. Pretty slick! An update that I was able to achieve was to add email templating the capability. So, now, one of the options in the product is for me to create an HTML template that is used for the output email with the attached Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PDF, and PDF files. It works by the user creating a standard HTML email, then exporting the email source to a text editor. Then, they can create substitution strings in the HTML that the application will replace in real time when sending the email out. So, the designs can be quite comprehensive, and use the data from the database to make it look and feel custom. This has made a big change to the product and all I did was use a few more functions within the existing Aspose.Total libraries. To see a few screenshots of what I have achieved, please see the following link: https://lineup.box.com/s/nwcnoit89wbqqwzl9liq0ifzmx0mddrj
ProsI have been working with many different libraries for generating PDFs, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word documents. I can find good solutions for one of the areas that I need. And now that I have moved to Aspose.Total, I can now have a single supplier for all of my file generation and conversion. The libraries are incredibly easy to use and deploy, which is very important for my product. Since I use the Total, I am now able to combine many other capabilities into the same license including PDF conversion, HTML page generation for my classified ads, and Email generation for eDispatching my documents which were created by the Aspose library. I have been trying to add new features quickly to my new product including the ability to edit multiple documents, sheets, and presentations in a single process. And it seems that every time I try something new, there is already a function there to help me achieve what I need. For example, I am creating MS Excel templates using multiple worksheets, cells with text, dates, and formulas. This is all ok if I wanted to create XLSX files, but I wanted to create PDF files, so when I added and changed text in the Excel worksheets, it was find, same with dates, numbers, etc but, when I tried to change data that had a formula connected, or change the formula itself, it was not updating in before I saved to PDF. Then, I looked at their forums and found that other people solved this with a single like of code that forced all of the formulas to re-calculate before I saved to PDF. I know that the documentation said that it does not support all the Excel formula functions, but I am not using a lot of these complex functions - thus it worked perfectly for me. This is a small example, but shows that the library is quite complete, the forums were very helpful, and the changes that I needed to make were slight - fast to code!
ConsI had to re-write my existing integrations that were using other libraries, including MS native ones. I wish the library would match the structure of the native MS libraries for editing documents, but this is a small price to pay for the one stop shop solution that I can get with Aspose. One major issue that I have found is the lack of support for .NET core. This is essential for our business moving forward and I can see on the forums that there are tickets open to address this but, as of now, there is no ETA for the delivery of the libraries for .NET core. Considering that Microsoft is making a big move to .NET core, this could be a major problem for us and force us to move to another library in the future if this is not solved. The other thing is the cost. It is really expensive to buy but I hope that over time, I can realize the value. It is a big risk to pay out so much to start, but the evaluation license has allowed me to test all my use cases before I shell out the cash!!
August 27, 2018
Catie E.
Content & Digital Marketing Manager
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
March 30, 2018

“when students using our software upload a Word or PDF resume, we can easily accept these file types ”

ProsTo summarize our experience with Aspose, the accuracy and reliability of the product, the conversion speed, and the ease of implementation/deployment are unbeatable! The API was super easy-to-use as well and their dedicated customer support team was always available to answer our questions. Our company was pleased to discover Aspose after we found out that our previous provider was no longer available as an option for our career services and recruitment software company. We needed to implement a word and PDF conversion service quickly so our millions of student users could easily upload current versions of their resumes, and we could seamlessly transfer them to employers in our network. It's super important in our line of work, to maintain a certain level of integrity and security, especially when students are trusting us with their personal data. Aspose was immediately one of the top companies on our list after reviewing a dozen or so other vendors. We have found their services to be the most accurate and efficient with faster conversion speeds than the competition. One of our developers tested the software and found that it was able to convert 296 documents in just 41 seconds! And that was without any formatting errors! The output size was just 17.4MB whereas some of the other providers had much larger outputs of up to 47MB. With the ability to support web text and numerous formats including Microsoft Word, OpenOffice Web and Text formats, Aspose offered by far the most versatility in supported file formats which is key for us because we have students from all across the nation, and even several from different countries, uploading this information. After careful evaluation of the marketplace, we chose Aspose's PDF and Word services. Now, when students using our software upload a Word or PDF resume, we can easily accept these file types and deliver them to employers without fear of losing the original formatting. It's easy for students, easy for our employers and easy for us so everyone is happy!
ConsIt comes with a price tag but when the quality of service is at such a high level, that's to be expected.
March 30, 2018
Mohan R.
VP Technology
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
April 2, 2019

“Aspose.Pdf for .NETSite”

OverallAfter evaluating many open source solutions, we have found Aspose is the most powerful, sophisticated and economical tool for our company. It is so simple to use, developer friendly APIs, and easy to integrate within the application. We use Aspose for rendering, printing, emailing, viewing word documents, generating new documents, loading templates, merging key value pairs in the template, and modifying existing documents, merging documents and converting to PDFs. We highly recommend this product for anyone who wants to use word documents and to convert into PDF formats. Thank you sales and the customer support for your outstanding support and service. We are glad to be part of your team.
ProsEasy to implement APIs Reduce software development cost and maintenance Able to preview word templates without installing Microsoft's office suite. Comprehensive formatting support Easy to convert word doc formats into PDF for easy outputting and browsing
ConsSlightly expensive Some performance issue when handling large documents
April 2, 2019
Sean F.
Head of Customer Acquisition
Internet, 201-500 employees
March 26, 2018

“Aspose Essential to Getting Our Business Off the Ground”

OverallWe get PDF conversion into multiple file formats and you can convert into PDF from multiple file formats. We can also take the software split, compress or merge PDF documents. Currently using API solution, but he actually software license is much more full-featured.
ProsAspose has become an essential part of our new document editing start-up. We had a need to convert documents into and out of the pdf format at scale. We researched over 10 different services and went with the Aspose API. We made the right choice. Within 2 1/2 months, we saw our business become sustainable due to the high-quality of the conversion. We originally went with the API solution and have grown so successful we are moving to an IAAS solution, which of course Aspose supports. Really pleased so far with customer service and quality of technology.
ConsThe API does get expensive when you have a high number of calls. This in my mind is to be expected. You really should move to an infrastructure solution once you get up to the 1,000s of calls per day. So there might be a good tier for that. I would also like payment programs for the licenses. If we could have a quarterly payment it would really help us manage costs more efficiently as a start-up.
March 26, 2018
Saurabh A.
SSE
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
September 2, 2018

“Best tool in the market for creating word , excel , ppt etc on the server side. Easy Apis. ”

OverallBest tool in the market for creating word , excel , ppt etc on the server side.
Pros1 Easy apis 2 Great customer support. 3 Costing
Cons1.Customer support can be extended to video calls for paid customer. 2.Better documentation.
September 2, 2018
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
September 18, 2018

“Aspose Word Java api support ”

OverallGreat to use if you have large workbook and documents to work on. Require minute control over document creation. It is paid software but its one time cost.
Pros1. Easy to use (plugin and play) even for java library support. 2. Provides multiple functions and usage better than Apache POI (another open software for document edit support) 3. Has better performance in terms of memory and time than Apache POI.
Cons1. Has different workbook structure compared to other document editing and creation software. 2. Hard to debug internally (analyzing aspose code for debug purposes) as the internal code is not properly documented.
September 18, 2018
Hernando S.
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
March 12, 2019

“Best way to work with Word files and PHP”

OverallWe have been using Aspose as part of our application to manage corporate policies and procedures for more than 5 years already. We are renewing this year to upgrade to the latest version which improves working with nested tables when converting Word documents to PDF files.
ProsWe like that the components are well maintained and bugs are fixed when reported. Generating PDF files from a Word document is quite easy.
ConsDocumentation for COM interface could be improved.
March 12, 2019
Swami B.
IT Architect
Retail, Unspecified
April 5, 2018

“Aspose.Diagram for .net”

OverallThis simplifies our dynamic flow chart maintenance.
Pros-- Excellent Example use case. They provide with sample code for every API call which makes so easy to learn. -- User friendly API, easy to use, you can master their API within a week. -- Excellent customer support.
ConsSo far I don't have any cons, product is good. If you are familiar with .NET coding then this is like a breeze.
April 5, 2018
SOREN H.
System Architect
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
October 25, 2018

“State of the art PDF generator”

OverallManipulation and conversion of office files
ProsSpeed and 100% true layout conversion of office files
ConsI could mention license price, but at the same time, you get what you pay for. We have tried other options, but have realized that this is really the only tool we can trust 100% when it comes to true conversion from Office to PDF
October 25, 2018
Dileepa W.
November 28, 2016

“Love the components”

OverallWe used them on our customer projects before. Works great for reading excel, word, pdf docs, also generation. Also works without requiring native apps to be installed.
November 28, 2016
Dheeraj S.
Consultant
June 12, 2017

“Aspose for Office document integration”

ProsI have used this for generating and reading office document into c#. Its very easy to use by just referencing one DLL.
ConsProduct is very good but only concern is price. Heavily priced and because of this users are moving to Microsoft Interop Dll
June 12, 2017