CloudApp Ratings

Overall

About CloudApp

CloudApp alleviates the frustration and misunderstandings of text-based communication through its enterprise-level, intelligent visual messaging platform, enabling teams to work faster and smarter, and empowering businesses with accelerated productivity. CloudApp combines annotated screenshots, GIFs and screen recording in one easy-to-use app. Capture, get and instant link, and share. Our customers work at the Speed of Sight in Customer Support, Product Development, Design, Sales and Marketing. Learn more about CloudApp

Erik Z.
Computer Software, Self-employed
February 12, 2019

“One of my favorite apps”

OverallIts a great little app that really helps my productivity. I would put in in my top 5 favorite tools I use daily. Not terribly expensive, and the monthly fee pays fro itself quickly.
ProsCloudApp is one of the most handy tools for sending email attachments - even videos. Im a Mac user so it sits in my top toolbar. I simply drag in the attachment(s) and it creates the archive and link automatically. Not only that it copies the link to your clipboard so you can just paste it right into your email. It will "ding" and then you know its uploaded and ready to share. Short videos are really easy to make as well but selecting a screen area, pressing start and you ready to go.
ConsMy biggest complaint is that some servers detect the links as spam or untrusted. So in some cases the link will not work. Not sure why this happens but think there are some using the cloud app service who may be abusing it, thereby flagging spam filters. Ive tried to add a custom domain to the short link it creates (service allows this) but it does not seem to help this problem.
February 12, 2019
Daniel K.
Senior Support Expert Lead
Information Services, 51-200 employees
May 14, 2019

“A must for Support team”

OverallI have implemented the tool for our Support team and before this I have done research of similar tools. Cloudapp had the best features, better price and a great support/customer success team which made it easy to implement.
ProsWith one simple shortcut you can create a screencast (Video or GIF), screenshot (with or without annotation) and send to your users in chat. Cloudapp has greatly increased our Support teams productivity. It is also very useful for building reports or knowledge base internally as you can simply drag and drop the screenshots or screencasts to Atlassian. Very helpful when creating internal documentation for other agents.
ConsIt would be a great addition if the video screencast would also record audio (like screenflow) as sometimes we need the audio recorded as well which is happening on screen when trouble shooting or recording bugs related to the product.
May 14, 2019
Executive Office, 1-10 employees
December 11, 2018

“A must have tool”

OverallI loved it and I doubt a week goes by when I do not use it multiple times.
ProsThis is one of those tools that many people won't realize they need until they get used to using it. Yes, if you work in a support team then the usage case is obvious, and it excels at support, but it is so much more than that. How often do you have to try to explain something to someone and it takes forever in words, but a quick screenshot would do the trick. Problem with a screenshot is you have to remember the key combination to take it. Then you have to open up your email. Then attach the file to it, etc. With Cloudapp this is all simplified to an amazing degree. But it goes further than just screenshots. How about sending a 1 minutes video to your telco showing them that there is a problem with your bill, or even sending a document to someone without having to attach it to an email. Trust me. This is genius.
ConsThe only little niggle is there are very occasionally glitches or outages, but to Cloudapps credit they do get them sorted and they are very polite at responding to emails.
December 11, 2018
David R.
Site Reliability Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
September 28, 2019

“Great application to share screenshots and screen captures”

OverallThe ability to send ad-hoc screenshots and screen shares very quickly and easily to customers makes it so much easily to assist and help troubleshoot customer issues. Highly recommended for any customer support team.
ProsSoftware is very easy to use. Use it to take screenshots and send them through to customers with a shortened personalized URL. You can also use it to take screen captures, as well as annotate and edit screenshots (ie. adding arrows, circles around important parts of a screenshot).
ConsSoftware does one thing very well, not much to dislike about it. Just need to learn the shortcut to copy your screenshot and then the software automatically uploads the image to the cloud and saves a link in your clipboard to paste into what ever application you want to use to send that link.
September 28, 2019
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
October 26, 2018

“Huge savings in productivity.”

OverallI am a Product Manager and often, due to the speed at which we work and the people I work with, words are not the best medium to convey thoughts when you discover snags or bugs. Developers are busy people and want to build things and move on. CloudApp lets me visually capture product behavior to explain desired functionality, in the form of videos and gifs and thus speed up communication within my team. I really love the tool.
ProsThe ability to capture screenshots and annotate them with comments or arrows. The ability to capture videos as well as gifs has enabled me to be more productive. As a Product Manager, I can enhance my documentation efforts by bringing in a visual component to requirements and bug descriptions. It has helped me writing feature walkthroughs as well as explain competitive product offerings to my team.
ConsEvery once in a while, I have observed that the tool's library shows captured screenshots which I hadn't intended to capture. It may be due to the fact that the shortcut keys on the keyboard (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+5) are close to a frequently used shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+Del). It's either that or maybe it's just...fat fingers!
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
November 27, 2018

“CloudApp Just Works”

OverallI enjoy using CloudApp several times each day. You can set a custom domain to maintain branding across all links. It's easy to share a link and, if you wish, to download the linked file directly. It's not the only link shortening/sharing app out there, but it is clearly one of the best.
ProsOnce installed, CloudApp works very well, with options for creating GIFs, recording video and more. There are integrations right out of the box for Trello and Slack, and a variety of ways to annotate and share.
ConsI use Droplr, too, and in some ways I still prefer its UI/UX, though CloudApp has improved by leaps and bounds over the past year or so. It's been recently bought by Microsoft-which can be a good thing or a bad thing (consider the Wunderlist saga). Time will tell.
November 27, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
March 19, 2019

“Best drag-and-drop file sharing solution”

OverallCloudApp simplifies our workflow when we need to share screenshots and files to people outside of our organization. We highly recommend it!
ProsThe reason we chose CloudApp is the MacOS integration in the menu bar. We used WeTransfer before, which required us to go to their website to upload files, but CloudApp allows us to just drag and drop our files to the menu bar, and it creates a shareable link for us.
ConsCloudApp successively increased its pricing, without much justification and added features. I was quite disappointed to see the lack of new features over the last 2-3 years. Also, storage prices dramatically decreased over time, so it's hard to understand why they keep increasing their prices.
March 19, 2019
Shane S.
Branch Coordinator
Real Estate, Self-employed
November 2, 2018

“Amazing App, I Wish There Was More 3rd Party Support”

ProsIn the cloud storage game, it's hard to battle against giants like Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon, and Box. But CloudApp is a spectacular cloud storage option that allows customization of the URL for links, privacy settings with either passwords or expiration dates, easy upload and share, almost everything you could want.
ConsBeing that it is much smaller, it often goes overlooked by other services. I would love to see more places have CloudApp integration like they do Dropbox. While CloudApp is my preference, I end up still needing Dropbox or Drive because of the integrations and accessibility offered by those services.
November 2, 2018
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
July 26, 2019

“Great tool for sharing images on the fly”

ProsI love how quick it is to snap a screenshot and paste it into a slack conversation. I don't have to save an image to my computer and pollute my desktop, i simply copy paste the link and it expands nicely into the conversation.
ConsI don't need to receive an email every time someone opens a link i've shared, but i can probably disable the function, i just haven't done it.
July 26, 2019
Maurice A M.
Operations Director
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees
January 11, 2019

“Screenshot sharing done easy”

ProsI LOVE how easy it is to share (or save) screenshots with your teammates. Once you've installed the app, is as simple as just pressing the keyboard shortcut, select what you want to record and presto! A link is automatically copied to your clipboard and sharing takes "paste", and that's it! Aside from taking a full-screen screenshot or a partial one, you're able to record your screenshots in a video or a one-minute gif. It helps when you want to explain/show your teammate a process.
ConsI don't have anything negative to say. The app has a bunch of cool features, but I only use it to share screenshots/recordings quickly to my teammates and haven't had any issues with it.
Publishing, Self-employed

“Jack of All Trades”

OverallCloudApp has saved me so much time since I got it. It's so much easier and faster to communicate with people visually using CloudApp's tools than it is to write long, detailed paragraphs to people.
ProsCloudApp is extremely versatile and makes communication with others easy. I've used it to capture screenshots and make annotations when I need to make an important point to someone. I've used it to record videos and gifs when I need to show a problem to the tech support of a company I'm reaching out to for help. I've used it to record video presentations that have included my face and my screen. I've even used CloudApp as file storage. CloudApp worked well in all these instances for me.
ConsMy screen doesn't always automatically update when I try to delete a file while using CloudApp's web app. Sometimes I have to refresh my browser before I see a file has been indeed deleted.
Dave C.
November 13, 2018

“Handy tool for Screenshots and Quick Videos”

ProsCloudapp is one of a few tools that I use on a daily basis. I love that I can quickly upload large files and people can comment on them. I'm also excited to see the recent addition of webhooks which can be used in conjunction with Zapier. Other things I like: - Allows me to know if a file has been seen. - Capture + Do option.
ConsHeres a few things I would love to see: - A mobile app & CTA buttons on uploaded files so you can roll your own Bonjoro style tool and greet customers with personalized videos. - Better document analytics - Better options for creating full page screenshots
November 13, 2018
Shekhor B.
Founder & CEO
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
February 28, 2019

“A good screenshot application”

OverallI talked with their support and they promptly replied on that and asked me to join their beta testing program so that I can always share my experience about the bugs. I believe they already have fixed bug. Who knows may be some day I will give CloudApp another shot again
ProsThis software is pretty easy to use and does the work pretty neatly. Store the screenshots in the cloud and also shared weekly analytics of those screenshots. Have annotations feature which is also pretty neat.
ConsAt the time I left using this software, they had bug in their screen recording function. From that day I am using another program instead of it.
February 28, 2019
Rithvik P.
Chief Executive Officer
Research, 1-10 employees
November 15, 2018

“Best screenshot app ever”

OverallGood service to share details with your team giving design feedback, commenting system is good to discuss the design, great tool to get your tech tutorials more attractive.
ProsCloudapp makes it so easy to record your screen. Making gifs is so easy with cloudapp. Just not that they offer tons of storage to save all your recording and screenshots. Commenting system just a charm and so helpful to let my designer know what changes I need on my website. I even use CloudApp on my blog where I write tutorials. This just a great service.
ConsNever felt anything left just hoping for an android app launch soon.
November 15, 2018
Wireless, Self-employed
April 3, 2019

“Ranks up there with Slack as a productivity gamechanger”

ProsAs far as communication online is concerned, nothing communicated better than visuals. Cloudapp has been a must have for me in communicating with vendors, partners, customers, and my team. The Chrome app really makes it easy to share a website and add annotations, which is how I use it the most.
ConsThere isn't anything to dislike really. Could maybe use a mobile app though.
April 3, 2019
lily s.
secretary
Accounting, Self-employed
November 10, 2018

“Screen Sharing is Fun With CloudApp”

ProsJust remember one shortcut keys combination to capture your screen (or two if you also want to record your screen), and you are good to go. Anytime you need to share anything on your screen, hit the key combo, and you'll get the link to the image/video ready to share.
ConsThere's no option to capture a window, and you can't pre-set the image/video size.
November 10, 2018
Design, Self-employed
October 21, 2018

“"CLOUDAPP" THE PERFECT APP FOR STORING YOUR IMPORTANT FILES YOU NEED IT MOST!!!! ”

OverallSTORING THE IMPORTANT PROJECTS AND DATA OF MY WORK
ProsWE CAN SAVE THE DATA IN THE CLOUD STORAGE AND THE DATA CAN BE STREAMED IN ANY DEVICE LIKE ANDROID, IOS, WINDOWS ETC.
ConsTHE ABILITY TO STREAM THE SAVED FILES IN ANY DEVICES
October 21, 2018
Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees
January 21, 2019

“Great for photo storage ”

ProsI'm able to store all of my photos on the cloud app without taking up space on my phone. It is also easy to share photos from the app.
ConsI ran into no issues while using the cloud app.
January 21, 2019
Graham L.
Managing Director
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
October 16, 2018

“My most used app? ”

ProsI use this all day everyday! I am constantly taking shots and sharing with my team. It is just so so easy with the keyboard shortcuts and drag and drop feature... I totally love this app!
ConsOccasionally when starting video it misfires and means I have to close and reopen. Not very often tho
October 16, 2018
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
January 14, 2019

“The best screenshot app you will get for your money”

OverallThis app turned out to be Immensely helpful for customer support. We can pin point issues and send screenshots and quick videos to customers in seconds. Custom domain is icing on the cake.
ProsCloudApp has smoothened our workflow. Perhaps it was the best find for us last year. Take a screenshot on your machine and it automatically gets uploaded on the cloud and you get a custom URL to share. All happens in seconds.
ConsVideo and gif capabilities can be made better.
January 14, 2019
Jeffry T.
Freelance Designer
Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees
October 9, 2018

“The Easiest Way to Snap and Share Your Screen”

ProsFor those who share their screen a lot, CloudApp is a godsend. But even for the rest of us, the app helps us explain better with easy to share screen captures.
ConsEven though the tool is improving fast, it still lacks some features which are standard on other screen capture apps.
Paul H.
Lead Web Designer
August 30, 2018

“Cloudapp - A really handy app to have in your arsenal.”

OverallIt has been great when it comes to showing both clients and staff, quick explainers.
ProsITs simplicity.. Want to make a video or annotate a screenshot, it can be done in seconds. it then gets automatically uploaded online, and it gives you a link straight away to send to a client etc
Consit can be a bit buggy at times when recording video over 2minutes. This can cause issues where i make a video, and once i finished, it says that it didnt record properly.
August 30, 2018
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
February 7, 2019

“Use it almost daily”

ProsI love that things that I save are immediately up in cloud storage. I use it to communicate more effectively
ConsIt can be a little slow at times. I would like to be able to have longer captures sharable more quickly.
February 7, 2019
Retno W.
English Teacher
Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees
December 21, 2018

“One of the most useful tools that I installed in my computer ”

ProsYou can capture your screen and have a shareable link practically in one go. Just press the shortcut key combination and select the area that you want to capture.
ConsUsers can't pre-define the size of an area to be capture.
Tobias M.
Designer
November 29, 2018

“CloudApp has made sharing screenshots so much easier”

ProsI love how easy CloudApp is to use! Really makes it super easy to share screenshot and even draw on them as well. CloudApp is saving me for so much extra work!
ConsSome of the previous versions was a bit buggy... However, most of the bugs seems to have been fixed! Sometimes CloudApp is using too much memory just on idle... with only 8GB RAM this is crucial issue.
November 29, 2018
Ed O.
Head of Strategy
Design, 11-50 employees
October 12, 2018

“Integral part of my workflow”

ProsNot a work day goes by that I don't use cloudapp's annotated screenshots. It's become second nature to me. It's so fast and easy to use.
ConsIt's somewhat buggy. Sometimes my screenshots can't be seen by others.
October 12, 2018
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
August 16, 2018

“Greet Screenshot app”

OverallOverall good but tedious
ProsI like being able to make video screenshots for free, even if the time is limited.
ConsI dislike the time limit because it rushed me and without a mouse doing a demonstration screenshot is very difficult.
August 16, 2018
Mayo L.
Teacher
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
July 31, 2019

“The Shortcut to Capture Your Screen”

ProsIt's easy to setup. And using it is as simple as assigning shortcut key combination. The shots will automatically uploaded to the cloud.
ConsThere no way to set a pre-defined area to shoot.
July 31, 2019
Vojkan C.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
April 19, 2019

“CloudApp review”

ProsAlmost perfect solution for the fast sharing of browser screenshots. It mostly works well. Sometimes I need to do logout/login when it jams. Wish there were more annotation tools like callouts and highlight in Snagit Editor. Also, please think about making a Windows app.
ConsSometimes I need to do logout/login when it jams.
April 19, 2019
Nicole L.
Entrepreneur
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
January 24, 2019

“It's just simple and straight forward”

ProsThe screen snapshot, text, video recording on screen
ConsNot able to record system audio during video recording
January 24, 2019
Luis P.
English teacher
Education Management, Self-employed
December 21, 2018

“Extremely convenient for sharing screenshots and videos”

OverallIt's made it really easy to work with students and clients, and it integrates perfectly into my daily workflow as a private English teacher.
ProsCloudApp has been a true discovery. It's made it very easy to share screenshots and quick videos with all my students and other people I work with. I love how you can choose to have the screenshots go to your clipboard immediately so you can just paste them on emails, Facebook messenger, WhatsApp, etc.
ConsThe only thing I don't like is having to organise the pictures once they're uploaded to the cloud. However, this isn't really an issue, as I don't really care how they are stored online.
Mike Pine |.
Level 3 Techncian
Telecommunications, 1-10 employees
April 8, 2019

“Best Collaboration Tool On The Market”

OverallMakes collaborations seamless
ProsMulti-platform from desktop to mobile, Collaborative work environment makes working in teams seamless
ConsI was disappointed they didn't have an IOS APP, now that they do I have no cons I can think of
April 8, 2019
David L.
E-Learning, Self-employed
April 5, 2019

“Screen Capture And Sharing”

Pros- save print screen & share it with others - you can customize the share link to your own domain. - annotation, share link with password, record webcam video & make gif...
Cons- it sometime show as 'Non Secure' on the browser when you visit their site doesn't boost a lot of confidence. - I am not sure if they allow to capture full size screenshot now since I didnt update my app as I am still on an old Macbook.
April 5, 2019
Jaron H.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
January 11, 2019

“Works pretty well, some odd parts”

ProsI use screenshots ALL the time.. I currently have a folder that is probably a few gigabytes of just screenshots from over the years. CloudApp makes it easy to scan pictures and manipulate them in ways, like adding notes and such. Also, they make it easy to record your screen and create narrated tutorial videos. A friend recommended it to me, and I've been using it since!
ConsI forget to use it. I'm just used to taking screenshots how I used to and I always catch myself not using it when I should. Also, I purchased CloudApp through the Apple app store and it constantly asks me to upgrade when I already HAVE upgraded.. I do not know how to resolve this. Eventually it fixes itself but it takes me awhile to log in and log out for it to recognize that I in fact have paid for the app.. When doing a screen recording, I don't like how the tool bar is hidden if you try and do full screen. Small feedback for the developers.
Elman M.
Associate
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees
February 5, 2019

“Cloudapp”

OverallOverall experience is awesome, I use it in my work and it has helped me to do my job in an efficient and easy way.
ProsIt is easy to use, You can take screenshots, capture images and videos very simple and fun, every information you save goes directly to the app. This function is excellent since you can have access to it every time and you will find in the cloud all your information saved and complete.
ConsThe fact that it doesn't have a mobile app and also is not for all devices. Aside from that, there are no huge cons about this software.
February 5, 2019
Kim H.
Marketing Manager
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
March 21, 2019

“Could be Great, But Not Quite There”

OverallI bought it a couple of years ago, but gave up quickly as the desktop app was very buggy. It recently got an overhaul and I wanted to give it another shot. I love all the features it boasts, but with a buggy interface, it falls flat on it's face for me.
ProsI like that you can easily make screen captures and record a video of your screen. It is great that you have a lot of space to put these files for sharing. The personalized domain option is very cool. It gives a good impression when you share content immediately from your own domain.
ConsThe PC Desktop app is too buggy still, it got a huge overhaul and I went back to it - wanting to love it. But it is not quite there. I ended up going back to Lightshot for screen grabs and then setting up CloudApp on a different hotkey for recording a video of my screen. It does weird things. If for example you have a dropdown box open on a website for a screenshot to show somebody what to select. Then when you hit the hotkey to make the screenshot, it automatically closes the dropdown box before making the screenshot.
March 21, 2019
February 8, 2019

“Fastest way to share files in the cloud.”

OverallCloudApp has allowed me to quickly share files with clients without the multiple steps is takes with other cloud storage services.
ProsI first used CloudApp for just sharing files and it is the fastest way I've found to share a file. I like how it automatically copies the link to the clipboard so it's ready to paste and share. I've recently started using hte screen recording feature and again have found it to be the quickest way to create and share a screen recording.
ConsIt can be a little laggy while processing the screen recording for upload.
February 8, 2019
Matthias S.
Ownership
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
September 5, 2018

“No more headaches with screen captures / pics & video!”

OverallIt cannot be easier to take screenshots or videos of your screen. The latter in .mp4 or .gif
ProsYou just hit 3 keys in order to take a pic or a video from your screen or rectangle parts of it. The result is automatically stored in the cloud. In my case up to on 1 TB. You can download everything and whitelable / brand the links with a domain of your choice like : "links.my-domain.com/xyz123
ConsThe software seems to be rather new. In my beginning there where some bugs. But obviously those bugs are gone now.
September 5, 2018
Kevin P.
Geckoboard
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
August 16, 2019

“CloudApp is AWESOME!”

ProsCloudApp makes helping customers incredibly easy! Everything is right there. I used to use 2 or 3 different apps to make screenshots and run through features. CloudApp has it all in one package! :D
ConsNothing! It's super easy to use and I love it!
August 16, 2019
Management Consulting, 10,001+ employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
June 5, 2019

“More than expected ”

OverallVery nice and smooth sharing app that fits very well on my work and personal life routine.
ProsThe easy and the ability to capture and send immediately without using the internal storage of different documents.
ConsThe app misses the self-destruct links that I hope they will add soon.
June 5, 2019
Joseph S.
Corporate Account Executive
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
February 15, 2019

“CloudApp”

OverallI bought CloudApp as a LTD on AppSumo and, especially for the price, it's been well worth it. Unquestionably worth it. And their support team was very helpful when I had issues so kudos to them. Felt like they really cared about making things work.
ProsIt's fairly easy to use and has made communicating ideas with people SO much easier. With my digital marketing clients and especially with tech support teams. Instead of trying to describe everything in words, I do a quick 60 walkthrough of my issue, send them the video link in an email and get much better feedback right away. Also easy to download the videos if I want to pull them into Camtasia or something to edit. (Or put them on Youtube)
ConsSometimes I've had issues with my graphics card kicking in and the interruption makes my CloudApp video crash. Haven't had that for a while though.
February 15, 2019
Stacey W.
Consultant
Public Relations and Communications, 1-10 employees
May 17, 2019

“Great for screenshots and recording”

ProsThe best thing about CloudApp is that it saves our remote team so much time. We're always sharing password protected links with each other and clients. With CloudApp we can do this without all the hassle. We also use it to create tutorials. It's the one tool we all use.
ConsWhen I started webcam recording, there was a learning curve and recording quality issue.
May 17, 2019
Joy R.
Brand Strategist
Design, 11-50 employees
May 10, 2019

“Instant collaboration for remote teams”

ProsCloudApp makes it easy to share screenshots, record videos, and upload files. Our team uses it to quickly access information during the development process. The Help Center is full of great resources!
ConsSome of the how-to explanations are complicated and only make sense after spending some time trying to remedy the issue with your team.
May 10, 2019
Rick P.
Publishing, Self-employed
October 19, 2018

“Good for hosting videos; mediocre screen capture”

ProsCloudApp is a great service for hosting videos on the cloud - you can also then embed those uploads on your personal website and put those videos behind a password.
ConsThe screen capture mechanism works okay; however, when I try to put on the webcam, I've had continued issues with syncing the video and the audio.
October 19, 2018
Vitali K.
Accounting, 11-50 employees
November 14, 2018

“Very convenient service for screenshots”

OverallI use in work Quickly and visually share with colleagues and customers You can add annotations quickly Record desktop video - cool feature
ProsSetup in 1 minute Hotkeys to use 1 second and your screenshots in the cloud and instant insertion of link document
ConsThe service is very convenient to use. Not found
Esther G.
Business Owner
Photography, 1-10 employees
October 13, 2019

“Good, but SLOW”

ProsI love that I can easily and quickly make screen recordings for my customers so that they know what to do next
ConsI really dislike that it will randomly crash on me and it takes forever to load, and then I have to restart it and start from scratch again.
October 13, 2019
Nick G.
Implementation Coordinator
Hospitality, 51-200 employees

“CloudApp to Sceenshot”

OverallCloudApp makes it easy to screenshot or screenshot certain parts of my screen to either show an coworker, boss, or customer what I am talking about.
ProsI really enjoy using the keyboard shortcuts for this application and its ease of use.
ConsI don't dislike anything about cloudapp.
Eric T.
Product Manager
Retail, 51-200 employees
September 25, 2018

“Great easy to use app”

ProsThis app is intuitive and easy to use. I've used a lot of screen capture softwares and this is one of the better ones.
ConsI have to use a different shortcut for video and picture. Other apps I've used allow me to do that in one step
September 25, 2018
Josh D.
Manager of BI Engineering
Business Supplies and Equipment, 51-200 employees
July 18, 2019

“Lots of potential”

OverallI still haven't decided if I will roll this out to my team. It isn't as polished and easy to use as the other tools we are using. I just need to decide if it's worth moving 2 or 3 tools into 1.
ProsI like that you can do a lot with CloudApp. From screen recordings to screenshots, it is useful.
ConsIt does a lot but it doesn't do anything the best. I like Skitch for my screenshots better and I like Loom for my screen recordings. The benefit here is having it all in one.
July 18, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
November 14, 2018

“Great for creating video tutorials”

OverallI used lightshot for screenshots before and was missing video capturing tool and now use Cloudapp for video and screenshots that need to document long term. For instant screenshots i still use lightshot as it's faster.
ProsVideo capturing functionality to create tutorials
ConsScreenshots capturing is a bit slow until you can get a share link