Keela Ratings

Overall

About Keela

All-in-One software that powers your nonprofit at an affordable price. Keela's intuitive platform provides nonprofits with the ability to manage donors and cultivate relationships, embed donation pages in websites and receive donations online, send email marketing, generate custom reports and more. Keela is quick to learn, easy to use and offers an end-to-end solution to all of your nonprofit's management needs. Keela is purpose-built for nonprofits, created by those who understand the sector. Learn more about Keela

May 17, 2019

“Great starter tool, needs more features for more mature orgs”

OverallThis is my second non-profit where I've chosen to install Keela. The first installation worked super well for managing donations and volunteers. The second installation is for a more mature non-profit, and requires managing donations, memberships year over year, and putting financial entries into quickbooks. This isn't working quite as well because we need more sophisticated features than Keela provides. I appreciate the support team a lot. They respond quickly and try to find workarounds for us. My feeling is we are probably pushing Keela over its current functionality because we have sophisticated needs, and will have to wait for features to be developed to keep using this tool. I don't want to migrate to yet another tool, having done so much integration work with Keela, and only being 6 months into having converted to Keela from a desktop version of Membertize. My first installation also provided a lot more data migration support, and the second one, I was on my own. Overall, it's a friendlier tool than most on the market. Sometimes it can be hard to figure out how to perform a certain function, as not all menus are totally intuitive, or you have to press a special button on the left, etc. For a start-up org or non-profit just needing to track donations and volunteers, Keela is ideal and far less on the cost than more mature systems.
ProsEasy to use, start-up ease, good import process, easy export. It worked really well for me in one non-profit where I needed simple email blasts, to track donations, volunteers, etc. It has a nice automatic email form for donations and memberships. You can search your contacts easily by name or email, and tag groups easily. Tags are easy to organize. The old dashboard did a great job managing campaigns and tracking donations against the goal. For small orgs, this is a good basic starter tool for managing your contacts and interactions.
ConsIt's missing some things a more mature org needs. We're a neighborhood organization that relies on memberships. There's no renewal process in Keela at this time. You can't search by street name or address fields, so broadcasting to a group on a street is impossible. Sometimes we feel Keela gets 'tired' and can't find a contact we know is in there. So we refresh the browser, and lo and behold, there it is. The integration to mailchimp is weak, and unfortunately, Keela's email blast tool isn't as robust as Mailchimp, so we're forced to stay on Mailchimp. We've had problems with the quickbooks integration not putting funds into the right account. The other problem is reporting. We find the tools not as robust as we'd like for reporting total membership sales data. We've also had to cancel a class of membership and redo it, and that jacked all our reporting for people who'd already taken out memberships under the 'wrong' class. For a larger org with heavier membership management needs, this tool, wasn't as robust as we hoped.

By Keela on May 21, 2019
Hi there. Thank you for providing such detailed feedback. This is absolutely outstanding and we are very grateful to you for taking the time. I've crossed referenced some of the missing features you mentioned (such as address filtering and membership reporting) and I can see that they are logged in our Ideas Portal and our Product Team are working hard to introduce them. Thank you for sharing this with us - it's instrumental in our quest for constant improvement! :)
Gina C.
Elder Abuse Support Line & TeleCheck Coordinator
11-50 employees
January 15, 2018

“I love Keela! is very organized, efficient and user friendly. I wouldn't use any other program ”

OverallSaving Time, organizing how we manage our volunteers (I would suggest at Social Services to your industry category as it isn't there and thats what we do.)
ProsVisually appealing: good use of colour to organize categories and make it easy to find, images that help identify what category has what information. I had A.D.D and so many websites or programs are so text heavy and overwhelming and everything is shouting at you at the page to notice it. This program is superior in its use and look. User Friendly: I got the hang of the program easily. It is very detailed and easy to use. I like the fact I can email a volunteer and all the staff can see the email thread between us both. That is very convenient. My favorite is the interactions page. As I can see if there is a LOA posted, or if the volunteer only wants to volunteer in one program and not another. I am able to find out what is going on with the volunteer without reaching out to each one or calling a staff member as we all post our interactions in there. It saves me a lot of time and any program that can offer that is aces in my book
ConsI wish Keela could create a software program for inbound and outbound calls. The program currently being used is "iCarol" which is a great program, however it would be great to have another software option. Once upon a time Bell was the only company to monopolize the phone industry...now there are several ... Removing a volunteer: It is frustrating categorizing volunteer as "inactive" as they still show up with all the active volunteers, which clogs up the page. If you had a separate page as inactive (so they wouldn't show up with the active volunteers) that would make a MASSIVE difference. As volunteers honor their commitment and leave .. so we have A LOT of inactive volunteers with the active volunteer

By Keela on February 13, 2018
Thanks for your feedback! We're always happy to receive suggestions on how to improve Keela. Please get in touch with us so we can hear more about what you have in mind: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM
Melissa T.
Vice President
Fund-Raising, 1-10 employees
August 4, 2018

“Keela Review”

OverallWe are now able to track all of our sponsors and communicate more effectively with them. When we have fundraisers, we can create e-blasts and link them to our website. Support in is up! I am so happy.
ProsThis software is so user friendly. When I began using this software, I had extremely limited knowledge of computer use and I was still able to figure it out quite easily. The software is able to accommodate all of our needs and do what we need it to do to help our animal shelter and fundraisers run smoothly and with accurate data. It is easy to track everything we need. I am so impressed. And for the price... I can't imagine using anything else. There is no need to spend a lot of money on some of these other programs when Keela and do ALL you need!
ConsSo far, the only thing that I don't like is that I cannot print off an e-blast that I design to post in various vet offices and at the shelter. I have to create a separate brochure for anything besides e-blasts. Maybe this is possible and I just don't know how to do it. But to me, this is the only draw-back.

By Keela on August 16, 2018
Hi Melissa, thanks for your feedback! Posting an E-blast at vet offices and shelters sounds like a great idea. You can definitely save a PDF of an E-blast for printing. You can find instructions for how to do this here (https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000961432-Saving-an-E-blast-as-a-PDF) - and don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Success team if you need assistance with anything. You can reach them at support@networksforchange.org. Screen reader support enabled. Hi Melissa, thanks for your feedback! Posting an E-blast at vet offices and shelters sounds like a great idea. You can definitely save a PDF of an E-blast for printing. You can find instructions for how to do this here (https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000961432-Saving-an-E-blast-as-a-PDF) - and don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Success team if you need assistance with anything. You can reach them at support@networksforchange.org.
August 4, 2018
Bryant W.

“Keela”

OverallAbout the only benefit I have seen so far is that it is an online portal that is easy to put in information and to download contact lists. All of the other functionality that is available is there--we just don't know how to use it. We are still not even accepting payments via PayPal, even though we synched the accounts. Our marketing director needs some hands-on assistance with merging the forms to our website.
ProsThe set up was not as complicated as I thought it would be, and the navigation is well laid out and easy to follow.
ConsI don't think we received enough human training with on-boarding, and it would have been nice to have more one access to a human as the "prompted" help answers are often inaccurate and not helpful. Our sales agent was fantastic and very knowledgeable, but once we purchased I felt as we were kind of left to our own devices. Now I am not even sure that we set it up the best way. 1. We hae to enter memberships as donations and as memberships 2. The "tags" remain even if a membership expires. 3. We still aren't sure that when we are pulling reports that the information is being put in correctly to access what we need as as information. 4. We were not aware that in order to sync membership payments automatically, we have to use Skype. 5. We should be much much further along in using the different amenities of the site, but so far we are just kind of stuck. We need assistance.

By Keela on August 2, 2018
Hi Bryant, thanks for bringing these issues to our attention. I'm sorry to hear that you have a challenging experience with Keela so far. Our Head of Customer Experience will be reaching out to you shortly to schedule a call to discuss your concerns, and offer assistance and additional training for your team so that you can feel confident to keep growing with Keela in the future.
Angela R.
January 15, 2018

“Great experience and meets many of our needs, but there's still room for improvement.”

ProsThe contacts database is great - it's easy to use, searchable, updates donations automatically, allows the team to stay up to date on who is assigned to the individual and events involving the individual. We used DonorPro at my previous place of employment, and it was more expensive and more complicated to use than Keela. Keela offers great value for it's database. Would love to connect to people's linkedin profiles and have pics, etc. Customer support is excellent. I get answers to my questions quickly, and they are always happy to help.
ConsSome functionality is still missing - when adding tags to new contacts, you need the option to check a bunch at once (almost everyone has more than one tag) as opposed to having to select each one individually. We haven't used the campaigns option much as we are familiar with and like the options of MailChimp. It's great that we can import data from MailChimp; however, we make all of our templates and mailings on MailChimp because it has so much more to offer in design and customization than Keela's campaigns, which we find to be very basic. There's also many features that I wish Keela had so that it could be a "one stop shop" for our needs. For example, a calendar that has deadlines and events on it for all to see that also connects with other parts of Keela so if there's an event on the calendar, this then becomes an automatic option for an "interaction" with those who attended; better syncing with Google Docs so that we can open and edit the docs in Keela versus having to download them or go to another webpage; ability to do/plan social media; and a Keela mobile app to access things on the go.

By Keela on February 13, 2018
We're excited to let you know that our mobile app is coming soon! The best way to be notified of new feature is to subscribe to our blog for updates. Re: your other ideas for new features, we're always happy to receive suggestions on how to improve Keela. Please get in touch with us so we can hear more about what you have in mind: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM
Cynthia C.
Marketing and Development Manager
July 30, 2018

“Good "first-time user" system for basic needs”

OverallWe had hoped to use Keela for grants and donation management, as well as the primary email blast tool to replace MailChimp and Salesforce. Our expectations exceeded the capabilities of the system. Still, I would recommended it to small organizations that are moving from Excel spreadsheets and other less sophisticated ways of managing contacts.
ProsThe project management tool is exceptionally well done and easy to use. It's the feature I use the most. The online donation/payment tool is also very well done, easy to set up and manage, and user friendly for both the administrator and the donor/payee.
ConsThere are some significant limitations in the contact management tool. It is not designed to link or associate individual contacts (persons) with organizations. This creates some difficulties in parsing lists for email blasts and analysis. As a basic contact list, it's okay, but not adequate for our contact and donation tracking needs. The e-mail form is limited. There are not a lot of design features. It's fine for basic messages, but don't expect to get too fancy with the layout and design.

By Keela on August 2, 2018
Hi Cynthia, thanks for your feedback. I have some good news! Based on our previous discussions with you and other clients on this topic, we're going to be adding a new feature to split contacts into "Organization" and "People" contacts and create associations between them. This is coming very soon. If you'd like to be notified when this feature is available, please subscribe here: https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-52 P.s. We're also planning to improve our E-blast template builder to give you additional options for layout and design, follow our progress here: https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-8
Keith N.
Membership Services Coordinator
May 14, 2019

“Not a CRM software package”

OverallWe had thought to replace our CRM software with Keela, but trying to 'translate' the processes in place with Software ABC into Keela has not been totally successful. It may be that I am too used to the 'old ways' that I can't change. We originally bought Keela because of the receipt function and the hopes that we could replace our other CRM software. Changeover has been slow and we are really only using the receipt function in Keela right now.
ProsKeela integrates very easily with most other apps I am using . Paypal and Stripe are easy to set up; connects to Eventbrite too. Adding contacts is super easy, plain language categories and descriptions. Easy to connect contacts into groups (they call them 'families'). The software is geared towards use by a single point NFP agency. Can generate receipts for all monies that come in, assign them to a campaign or purpose, email the receipts and store them for retrieval, if necessary. Keela has always been on top of customer service questions. I have received prompt replies to every question I have made and the answers were always easy to understand and implement. Keela also regularly hosts online training sessions, and strives to improve their product to meet the needs of their users. Recent upgrades included a way to create a report of revenues received/receipted. that was a BIG help.
ConsAs a software package created for single point NFP, it does not like that I work for an agency that provides services to other NFP organizations for an annual fee. I can't group the contacts into one organization and then make the organization the one that pays the annual fee (it needs to be attributed to a contact).

By Keela on May 15, 2019
Hello Keith - thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm glad to hear that you've found the receipting tool to be helpful! My favourite part is your comment on Keela's commitment to improvement - We really do aim for this! The Revenues tool upgrade has been a big boon for us and we couldn't have done it without you - thank you! If you have any particular processes that you'd like to transition from Software ABC to Keela please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@networksforchange.org - We'll do our best to create a new way for you to do the same magic in Keela :) Thanks again!
Gerardo S.
ED

“Easy Button”

OverallWe shopped around for something affordable. I have works with other CRMs that were even more difficult to navigate but when we were able to master them, it was useful. With Keela, I was hoping for a little more ease.
ProsThe price and the access. It is easy to share with colleagues, has great sections of it suite.
ConsAlthough it is easy to access I seem to get lost trying to use it. As a CRM, I am sure it is not in anyway easy but I would think it could be, maybe. It also looks confusing. Is it in Dark Mode yet colorful and blocky.

By Keela on May 21, 2019
Hello Gerardo! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this feedback - we are very grateful. I'm glad that you find the affordability and Customer Service of Keela to be so positive - this is fantastic news. We are committed to constant improvement and would love to touch base with you about this! If you have any suggestions or requests for this please feel free to reach out to us at support@networksforchange.org - we love them! Thanks again :)
R. Brad S.
Vice-President/Senior Compliance Officer
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
November 18, 2018

“A Quick, Low-ish Cost Solution for a Non-profit that lacked structure”

OverallOverall this software has (or will be) a lifesaver. Our staff have had difficulties adjusting to the new system, mainly because there is structure and specific data points where before it was a mish mash of data in notebooks, Excel files, and Post-It notes. I would like to see some additional development devoted specifically to customization of the system. Keela is very much a rigid cloud solution with little to no customization options. Having the ability to control the look and feel of the system, donor-facing data, and being able to control what inputs are allowed from users would be a huge help. At the end of the day, though, Keela is a great solution for a small nonprofit who is looking for a quick solution at low cost.
Pros-Easy to onboard donors and volunteers (the difficult part was organizing the data to make it upload properly which has more to do with the administration of the organization that the software. -Immediate, flexible training for the staff. -Relatively simple interface. I say relatively because sometimes its almost "too" easy and some members of the staff overlook the simple solution.
Cons-I am not fond of the analytics tool. Again, maybe this has more to do with the fact that its too simple, but as an analyst I find it difficult to get the information I want easily. -We have had some struggles with the integration with other vendors-specifically MailChimp. After following all the instructions for both companies, we still cannot complete a good link.

By Keela on January 18, 2019
Hello Brad! I'm so glad to hear your feedback - especially your sentiments about training which the Customer Success team are particularly proud of :). I'm also pleased that you find the system to be easy - Our goal is a simple system that users can transition to easily so this is very good news! I understand that the Analytics tool can be challenging sometimes - and I'm happy to let you know that we're making improvements to it early this year! We'd also love to hear your suggestions for what you'd like to see (you can post them here: (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new)) In the meantime, if you would ever like suggestions on how to access your desired information please don't hesitate to reach out to support@networksforchange.org - we will do our best to find a quick and easy way to get what you need. Also, please also let us know if you are still experiencing issues with MailChimp - We'll be happy to take a look.
November 18, 2018
Andie T.
September 30, 2019

“Great functionality - looking forward to UI improvements!”

OverallWe really love using Keela and feel/hope that we're on the verge of seeing an interface that is jam-packed with functionality and more streamlined snapshots.
ProsKeela is straightforward, streamlined, and organized. I love having donors and follow-up notifications at my fingertips, and the integrations are great. I also really enjoy the 'big picture' view of a campaign, through which I can see which emails we've sent, who has donated, and how much we've raised. Plus, the support team is awesome!
ConsNot having a mobile app makes it very difficult to utilize the software for our needs. I am often on-the-go with my team when I need donor information or to check on the status of a campaign. Also, I find the landing page to be lacking. The basic format (multiple mini-dashboards in one) is fantastic, but I usually only look at the box that shows current donations for the month. I think having a snapshot of current campaigns in one box, donor follow-ups in another, and maybe top donors or most recent gifts in another would be much more useful.

By Keela on October 16, 2019
Hello Andie! Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback. We appreciate it! I'm so glad to hear that you find the system straight forward and easy to use. I assure you that our support thinks that YOU ARE AWESOME! I definitely agree that a mobile app will be a really important addition to Keela and it's currently in production. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the exciting new features to come - it'll be a blast! Thanks again.
September 30, 2019
Avi S.
August 12, 2019

“Great solution”

OverallTracking contacts and donations and hopefully will expand more for e-blasts.
ProsEasy to use and very user friendly. Screens are managed and viewed easily. Easy to enter and log information (like contacts, donations and so on)
ConsSupport (although very professional) only by email. Would prefer a phone support.

By Keela on September 6, 2019
Hello Avi, Thank you for your feedback and we are so glad that you are enjoying the solution! Feel free to reach out when you are ready to try E-Blasts and we would love to send you some resources to get started. Also you will be happy to know we are working on adding phone support sometime in the future. Thanks again for your time!
August 12, 2019
Emily S.
Treasurer
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
January 10, 2019

“Quite easy to use as a total newbie to (though technically proficient) donor management software ”

OverallThe pricing feels expensive to a small nonprofit that doesn't usually spend money on anything but the animals in our care, but compared to others software programs, it is seems like a good price for the value. This software works well for a small nonprofit animal rescue that adopts out about 500 cats and kittens a year. After 3 years we had a bit over 1000 contacts (including adopters, so not just donors) and the next level in Keela (since it's based on contacts) we shouldn't have to buy until a few years down the road.
ProsTheir customer service is very responsive. The software sends automatic donor thank yous/tax receipts. It's easy to upload past donations (like from PayPal, Facebook or other ways you've raised money and have a list - you must format the data correctly) and easy to upload your contacts. You can have different donation forms. You can have different campaigns. I haven't delved deeply into the reporting, but it looks very powerful and probably pretty easy to create custom/ad hoc reports on almost whatever criteria you need.
ConsThe tax receipt/thank you letter is my biggest con. The letter and tax receipt look great in the preview when you're creating/modifying it, but the actual letter that gets sent has tiny print, and you can not modify what it looks like.

By Keela on April 24, 2019
Hello Emily! Thank you so much for this considered and detailed review. We are so grateful for you taking the time! Especially since it's got some really lovely feedback for us. The ability to customize and change receipts is something that our Product Team are working investigating at the moment (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-37) - If we're able to introduce this feature you'll be notified via email :) Again, thank you for the wonderful work that you do for animals and for your ongoing support!
January 10, 2019
Rebecca B.
Secretary
September 18, 2019

“Pros and Cons of Keela”

OverallThis program is great. I'm only 6 months into this program. I would reccomend this to others. But it will take time to learn how to run it properly. I am still learning.
ProsIts easy to enter the contacts. Once you set up an e-blast, its easy to choose the recipients. Once you learn to create the e-blast letter, it looks great.
ConsIt can be difficult to log in. It will redirect me from log-in to setting up a new account. It can be challenging to learn how to work the e-blast letters and setting up the campaign. Its difficult to get answers quickly. It takes a while to reach someone, and it usually is only email communication. It can be difficult to create the email body for e-blasts.

By Keela on September 30, 2019
Hello Rebecca - thank you so much for this amazing feedback. I am so glad you find the system easy to use. This is exactly what we're after so it's very reassuring to hear we're on the right track. At the moment Keela offers unlimited online support and you'll always hear from us within 3 business hours of your email - often sooner! If we're able to introduce phone support in the future we definitely will! Thank you so much again - we look forward to seeing the incredible things that you and your team achieve with Keela.
September 18, 2019
Katie T.
Administrative Supervisor
November 20, 2018

“Keela -- Quality Nonprofit Software at an Affordable Price”

ProsWhat I enjoy most about Keela is how many features are included at an affordable rate. Working at a small organization, we were able to transition the vast majority of our spreadsheets and loose systems into one. We also were previously using an outdated hardware CRM system installed on a single, unreliable office computer and were in desperate need of a cloud-based system.
ConsBecause Keela is a system that does not include the bells and whistles of more expensive options, some functionality does seem limited. While most issues are very minor, I would say my biggest frustration is not being able to easily track married couples in the same contact entry.

By Keela on January 18, 2019
Hiya Katie! Thank you so much for your excellent feedback - I'm pleased to hear that your transition to Keela has been a positive one :) We want our users to be empowered and it sounds like you're well on your way! I completely understand your desire for a more robust way to track spouses in the Keela system. We have gathered lots of feedback surrounding our Households feature in our Ideas Portal (a place where feature requests and suggestions are born!). If you have any specific changes you would like to request for this feature please let us know by adding an idea here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new). We love improving and our users are the best sources for how to do that! Thanks again.
November 20, 2018
Annastasia F.
Managing Director
August 7, 2018

“Great all-around solution with AWESOME customer service”

OverallWe are a small not-for-profit with a large donor and volunteer base. We neeeded a solution that was robust enough for our needs but simple enough for our staff team to use. Our previous software was WAY TOO complicated and expensive but since switching to Keela my team is super happy.
ProsIt allows us to manage all our stakeholders in one place! Including donors, volunteers, e-news subscribers and event participants. And the customer service is THE BEST I've ever experienced. They are always responsive and if the system can't currently do what i'm looking for, my "wish" goes in the development pipeline and I've witnessed several awesome feature updates because of this. A great experience!
ConsStill trying to figure out the reporting functions. There are lots of reports available but it's a little less intuitive than other funtions in Keela.

By Keela on August 16, 2018
Hi Annastasia, thanks for your kind comments. We're happy to hear you're having a great experience with Keela so far. :) We wanted to let you know that we are planning to make improvements to our Analytics tool soon! You can subscribe to updates about this feature here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-14). In the meantime, you might want to check out our training session on Analytics to learn how to get the most out of it. You can sign up here (https://calendly.com/keelasuccess/training-session-3).
August 7, 2018
Reed P.
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
September 17, 2019

“Keela is a good for a small industry”

OverallI am happy to have one piece of software at that does not require customization and is affordable for a small non-profit like ours.
ProsIt is very easy to start using. I was able to easily import my data and get to work pulling numbers. The customer service has been very responsive and pleasant. I really enjoy my interactions and have been able to quickly overcome obstacles. I am happy that it meets so many of our needs -- weekly email blasts, moves management for donors, and volunteer activities -- at a reasonable price my small non-profit can afford.
ConsWe have had some difficulty with email provider spam filters rejecting our Keela-generated emails before users can even see them. This has reduced our open rate on my weekly emails -- which are very popular with our members. I wish I could pick the attribute that we use to avoid duplicates.

By Keela on September 18, 2019
Hi Reed! Thank you so much for this great feedback, we really appreciate it. I'm so glad that you find the system easy to use and that it's meeting your needs. This is wonderful news! Check out our Best Practices article (https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028863892-Best-Practices-for-Using-E-blasts) for lots of tips and tricks on how you can increase your mass email credibility. This will help the email providers of your recipients when they're scanning your E-blasts. Another great way to help out with this is by taking advantage of our integration with SendGrid. Feel free to reach out to support@keela.com for more details - we're always happy to help. Thank you again!
September 17, 2019
Matthew S.
July 27, 2018

“Good value for the money!”

OverallWe made the switch from an overpriced, under-utilized database software to Keela. The switch pretty smooth, not without a few learning moments, but all the data was imported. It meets our needs for receiving and tracking donations, receipting, e-blasts, reporting, and it comes with an affordable price tag! Customer support has been great. Overall, we are very happy with the software after using it for 6+months.
ProsThe software is straightforward, fairly intuitive and does most of what we need it to do. The setup for donations through the software was simple. The email platform saves us from having to pay for a separate email service. Most of all, I appreciate the helpful customer support. They answer questions in a timely fashion and have made the overall experience really good!
ConsThe sidebar is limited and should include a quicker link to things like donations, e-blast, etc. In order to use the CRM platform, I have to click through 3 pages to put in a note about a donor. Adding some quicker links for this, including putting an interaction link on the "+" at the top of the page would up my rating of the software.

By Keela on September 10, 2018
Hi Matthew, thanks for sharing your review. Glad to hear you are finding Keela to be a good value. :) Regarding your suggestions for improvements to the sidebar, adding donations is something another client suggested recently - you can vote for this idea to subscribe to it here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-126). For your other ideas, we'd love to see ideas for those in our portal as well, so that our product team can review and see if these can be added to Keela in the future. Please share them here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new). Thanks!
January 15, 2018

“Bit of a learning curve, but user friendly - excellent support and service ”

OverallBrings our team together on items we are working on independantly and collectively. Helps to provide a systemized approach to getting information out to customers and donors. Helps to organise tax receipts and track donor funding. Helps us to organise our members into categories they feel comfortable working in
Pros1) Dashboard - customizable for our social enterprise/Charity 2) Cloud based, allowing more mobile/rmote access for our team members 3) Pricing - fairly reasonable 4) Tags - customizable 5) Donations - easy to track and issue recipts 6) Tasks and Projects - easy to track - provides accountability for team members (reduces redundant follow-up 7) Customer service and technical support - willing to work with an organisation to help improve (maximize) use of features
Cons1) eBlast templates need to be more user friendly for custom uploads - (organisation branding) 2) Pricing - there needs to be a mid-tier pricing for the 2500 contact range - 1000 is too small for our organisation, and it will take 2-3 years to get to 5000 as we build - while building, we need to watch costs closely 3) Though easy to use once familiar with the programme, it can be a learning curve: more on-board training needs to be assigned as part of the package price. 4) Drop down menus from top right could be expanded and more explicit - some items could be buttons instead of items in a drop down.

Kalyani G.
May 6, 2019

“Great for a small to medium sized nonprofit”

OverallFabulous and very responsive team.
ProsThe contact management piece is very easy to use--especially the import process. It provides for a way to quickly spot duplicates. The value for money is great especially for a small nonprofit that is starting to become more strategic with its fundraising. In fact, after using this for a year, I can't imagine how we managed without a searchable donor database. The contacts tool is tied in with eblasts so you can note all interactions with each contact, electronic or otherwise.
ConsThe eblast tool for newsletters is pretty limited. It's a limited pallet so to speak. The keela team has taken our feedback and released upgrades to the tool but there's still some ways to go before making it truly user friendly.

By Keela on May 9, 2019
Hiya Kalyani - thank you so much for your lovely feedback. It's so appreciated! I can definitely agree with your sentiments about surviving without a searchable database and I'm really glad that Keela can provide that for you. I assure you with absolute certainty that we also think your fabulous and look forward to continuing to expand our E-blast builder in the future with the help of your feedback! :) Thank you so much!
May 6, 2019
November 22, 2018

“Must-have for Any Organization!”

OverallOverall, I have found Keela to be very useful and I think the subscription has been worth every penny. I would highly for others to give it a try as it can really make donor engagement a much easier process. It has been very beneficial for our organization as we're now much more organized and efficient when it comes to donation tracking and have a place with all of our contact informations.
ProsWhat I like about Keela is that it has so many different purposes and can be used for more than just one thing. For example, I can use Keela to create a database for all of our contacts for our nonprofit organization. In addition to that, I can also create a donation page where I can track all of the donations that we recieve a create a donor profile, where I can report how much they've donated.
ConsWhat I like least about this software is that it can be a little difficult to navigate at certain times. Everything seems to be hidden away under some tabs or menus. This is not a major inconvenience but it would be much easier to use if everything was organized and presented in a better way on the Keela website.

By Keela on January 18, 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such lovely feedback - we are very grateful! It sounds like you've been making good use of your CRM and donation pages which is just fantastic to hear. We are working on making the navigation of Keela even more intuitive and user-friendly - stay tuned for these improvements in the future! If you have any particular suggestions about how to improve navigation, please don't hesitate to let us know by posting an idea here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new)! Thanks again!
November 22, 2018
Leigh S.
Principal
January 11, 2018

“Keela has been highly responsive and quick to evolve to meet the practical needs of its customers.”

ProsI like the simplicity of Keela however, it's important to point out that the simplicity doesn't compromise how useful the tool is. They've stripped down the CRM model to make it exactly what fundraisers at small and medium size charity need and got rid of all the extra widgets that just make tracking donor data unnecessarily complicated. We have also greatly appreciated the quick response time of the support team. Multiple features that we have suggested would be useful have shown up in new iterations of the product and the team regularly checks in with us to make sure that we are happy.
ConsThe dashboard isn't the best. I would appreciate being able to customize it to be able to see the information that is important to you at a glance.

By Keela on February 13, 2018
Thanks for your feedback! We are planning to make some improvements to the dashboard and we'd love to hear your ideas. Please get in touch with us here: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM
January 11, 2018
Linda C.
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
May 14, 2019

“So much easier than ETapestry”

OverallI needed to be in the donor base daily and receive our applications for our programs. It has been very easy.
ProsI like how easy it is to use and how I don't have to ask for help every time I need to try something new. And when I have asked for help I get an answer quickly.
ConsI had to change from Constant Contact to Mail Chimp to more easily interface with Keela but that's working OK. We tried to use the email blast in Keela but it was very cumbersome for our newsletters.

By Keela on May 24, 2019
Hi Linda, thanks so much for your feedback! Really glad to hear that you're finding Keela easy to use. I was wondering if you've had a chance to try out our E-blasts in the last few months? We made some major improvements to the template builder in March and I think you will find it a lot easier to use! You can read more about this here: https://www.keela.co/blog/donor-communications/eblast-template-builder Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, or ideas for how to make Keela better. :) We'd love to hear from you.
Philanthropy, 11-50 employees
April 24, 2019

“Keela is a solid choice”

OverallOverall, this is a smart solution to help with donor management.
ProsIt's easy to use and has most of the functionality a small non-profit needs. The campaigns are easy to set up and it's easy to track where money is coming from.
ConsA few wishes: I wish you could print tax receipts without having to download them. I wish the reports were easier to access. I wish you had a print option for newsletters that downloaded as a word or pdf without the email information.

By Keela on April 25, 2019
Hi there! Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback - I'm really glad to hear that you've found Keela easy and solid :) This is the kind of environment we want to create for our users. Have you considered downloading your receipts in bulk and then printing them directly from a folder? This means only a few clicks and may save you lots of time! (More info here: https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003449631-Downloading-Multiple-Tax-Receipts). Also, you can definitely print your E-blasts as a PDF document! (More info here: https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000961432-Saving-an-E-blast-as-a-PDF) Thanks again, we really appreciate your comments! :)
April 24, 2019
Courtney P.
Outreach and Education Manager
September 11, 2019

“Keela Review”

OverallSo far it has been good, I am happy with our choice and the abilities, I think with some key enhancements this could be a really great platform.
ProsI like the overall donor management options including importing donations from other sources, the ability to soft credit, adding volunteer hours, etc. The cost of the software if excellent and it links to several other programs we use. Customer Service is great when I do reach out for help.
ConsI would the forms to be more dynamic, right now I have to create too many forms. An example if a campaign we did for a free sticker, within the campaign we wanted to offer the donor a chance to pay for the sticker shipping and possible donate something extra. I couldn't do this in one form, I needed a for the free part and separate from if they wanted to donate. Overall I think the forms could be improved to allow for more flexibility, I would like to have some of the questions like "pay for the fee" to default to Yes. Pulling reporting from specific forms is not easy, we use this for tour registrations and it is cumbersome to get to the responses sorted by tour day, overall forms could be more efficient and enhanced. I would also like to see a mobile app.

By Keela on September 18, 2019
Hello Courtney! Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time. I'm so glad to hear that you are happy with Keela! The Customer Success team have loved working with you too! We've got some really exciting enhancements to forms scheduled soon - I think you're going to love them! Stay tuned and thanks again.
September 11, 2019
Katerina A.
Director of Busines Development
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees
May 13, 2019

“Keela Review For Non-Profit”

OverallIts been great to house all of my contacts in one place and offers many campaigns that I have not been able to use since my specific role does not need yet. As a traveling and sales representative, an app is highly needed. I cant even maximize the use of Keela without the availability to have it on a tablet or smart phone. the desktop feature is great for those who work in an office.
ProsI like the ability to save all of the contacts with several tag associated with it. I like the ability to customize the titles in contacts, for example adding a title like FAX in the phone number area sine it is not available in the general default setting. I like the ability to send an email campaign or specific messages under a household or tag description. I especially like the exporting contacts into an excel spreadsheet function.
ConsI do not like the fact that you are not able to create a schedule by a specific geography area. For example, in my role I, I visit our clients daily in the greater Miami Area, it would be a very nice function to be able to sort the geography by zip code on the actual site. Alphabetical order is a great option, but for my purposes its better to be sorted by zip code. And the least thing I like about this software is that its not available on a smart tablet or phone. My administrative work is increased at the end of the day because I have to input all of my data in a desktop. And sometimes when I search for a name is does not pop up right away, and I have to look it up by a first name or sort through a tag. Also, setting up a follow-up appointment is a great option and the dashboard is cool to let you visualize it all, but what would be even better is to develop a suggested routing schedule. Again, this is for traveling sales reps.

By Keela on May 15, 2019
Hello Katerina. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback. It's so important for us as we constantly strive to improve! The ability to filter a list of Contacts by postal code has been added as a feature request to our Ideas Portal (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-401) - I definitely agree that it would be useful! In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to me at support@networksforchange.org - I'd be happy to provide a workaround for you! The ability to access Keela on a phone/tablet will be a game changer! We are working on this at the moment and hope to have it available soon (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-7). Thank you again for your thoughtful and considered feedback!
May 13, 2019
Katie V.
CRC
May 11, 2019

“Good Program”

OverallQuick to respond to our questions, this is very valuable to us!
ProsLots of users can have their own log-ins Reasonably priced Customer service is fantastic Easy to keep track of volunteers, donors, etc. Making 'forms' is simple FAQ section is actually useful!
ConsSometimes it's a little hard to navigate. Lots of clicking to get to some sections.

By Keela on May 15, 2019
Hello Katie. Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback - we really appreciate it! I'm very glad to hear that you find the Keela to be reasonably priced and that the Customer Service is fantastic (we think you're fantastic too!). We're really striving to create this kind of environment for you and I'm glad to see we're on the right track. Thanks again!
May 11, 2019
Kymberly P.
Executive Administrative Assistant
January 15, 2018

“Keela has been great for our project management and keeping the team up to date. ”

OverallManaging Projects easily, creating fundraising campaigns that look good and track metrics, CRM integration.
ProsIt is so easy to use! From the project management to running fundraising campaigns and eBlasts we have been able to do things with little to no learning curve. Customer Support is top notch - I have gotten answers quickly and have been able to resolve any questions I had. The company is very responsive! The whole BAHC team LOVES Keela!
ConsThat there is no mobile platform and not as much customization as we'd like in the Donation Page, email Templates etc.

By Keela on February 13, 2018
We're excited to let you know that our mobile app is coming soon! The best way to be notified of new feature is to subscribe to our blog for updates. Re: customizations, we're always happy to receive suggestions on how to improve Keela. Please get in touch with us so we can hear more about what you have in mind: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM
Andrew K.
Marketing and Communications Manager
September 1, 2016

“Finally, a CRM designed for non-profits”

OverallWe were one of the lucky few who got to test out Keela from the very beginning. We had previously tried Sales Force and Hubspot but found them to be overly complicated and geared towards Sales. In contrast, Keela has clearly been designed with non profits in mind with the functionality and set up designed to track donations. engage donors and manage projects.
ProsA one stop shop for managing projects, sending newsletters, monitoring donations and building relationships with donors. The customer service is exceptional.
ConsAs it's relatively new their are a couple of minor features missing and limited ability to integrate with other software. I expect much of this will be resolved as the Keela continues to build on their customer feedback.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you are a non-profit and looking for a way to better work together as a team then Keela is the perfect platform.

By Keela on September 2, 2016
Thanks Andy! Our exceptional customers make that exceptional customer service so easy.
September 1, 2016
Sharifah G.
May 20, 2019

“Incredibly Flexible!”

OverallWe really like Keela, but may have to migrate to another system that has all the functions we need.
ProsI love that this software can be used with Mailchimp, Paypal, Stripe, and all the incredibly important tools that I already use day to day.
ConsThe payments don't have an End date. Sometimes, donors are charged continuously when their pledge was only for a short time period. It doesn't update automatically when a payment go through. We have to constantly manually input variables.

By Keela on May 21, 2019
Hi Sharifah - thanks so much for your feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm glad to hear that the integrations are helping you out - we really want to make your life easy for you :) I'd love an opportunity to discuss your payment issues a little further - perhaps this is something I can help with! Feel free to reach out to me at support@networksforchange.org to chat further. Thank you, again!
May 20, 2019
May 16, 2019

“We are much better off than we were before! ”

OverallOur old system was obsolete- no updates, no support. If it crashed, we would have lost all member and donor data. This cloud-based system is great. And all staff members are able to access member and donor information. It was a rocky start, as many database transitions are, but we're growing into it and the support has been TREMENDOUS.
ProsI LOVE the amount of support that comes with this software. The team is always there, within minutes usually. We love the amount of organization that comes with Keela, and we enjoy having all of our communications in one place.
ConsThe issues we've run into the most is the number of contacts allotted per price bracket. We feel limited and a little selfish over who we actually add to our system because we don't want to use up valuable contact spots for someone that may just register for a single or pair of classes, and not be a member or donor. We'd also really benfit from an e-commerce option (linking payment methods to custom forms). I have found that some of the merging and duplicate-recognizing capabilities don't seem to be as accurate as we'd like, but that could be more user error.

By Keela on May 21, 2019
Hello there - Wow! We are absolutely over the moon to hear that you're loving the support you're getting - This has made my day! Also, thank you for the very considered feedback regarding the Contact brackets - it's been passed on to our Product Team. Thank you again, YOU are tremendous! :)
May 16, 2019
Glenna F.
March 13, 2019

“Easy to use”

OverallHelp is done through emails and website; no telephone support at all (keeps costs low, but frustrating for user). Integration with many other platforms is excellent. Somewhat clunky to use; limited features; no mobile app. Tasks and contact features are great.
ProsKeela is easy to use and low cost with great integration with other applications.
ConsLimited features (for example sorting) and no specific application for grants or project tracking (but does have task feature).

By Keela on April 24, 2019
Hi Glenna! Thank you so much for providing this feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time. I'm glad to see that you find the system easy to use! We really pride ourselves on making the system as intuitive as possible. You're right - at the moment our support is online only. (You can find more information about this here: https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019505151-What-kind-of-support-is-provided-). We are looking at adding phone support in the future as an add on service. We'll be in touch if this becomes available! In the meantime, keep doing the incredible work that you do and thank you again :)
March 13, 2019
Julie V.
Director of Finance and Operations
Environmental Services, 1-10 employees
January 15, 2018

“Very happy with switch to Keela, looking forward to updates and new features.”

OverallI've been able to bring in other team members - employees and board - and enable them to use the software. As a result, we have increased our interactions and followups with donors. We get receipts out in a more timely manner. Also our online donations have become much simpler - both for the donor and for our record keeping and payment processing. Recurring donations are so much easier now.
ProsIt's simple and clean, and doesn't require developer skills. All the basic features you need are there. I wish it had been around when I was first looking for a CRM. Keela would have been a great way to learn what needed to happen and I could have set up our system much faster and easier.
ConsThere are still some major features and customizations missing, though from talking to support (which is very good), I have heard that some of these missing features will be coming soon. Otherwise, I only have minor complaints about moving around in the software, and some minor glitches with certain things not working - for example when I sort donations by date from within a profile, it sorts them - but not by date. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the way it sort. But, no big deal.

By Keela on February 13, 2018
Thanks for your feedback! You should be able to sort donation dates in Keela in chronological order - we'd like to look into this with you. Please get in touch with us here: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM
Imran N.
Operations Specalist
July 30, 2018

“An honest opinion on keela.”

OverallFor us the goal was to save money on a system to process tax receipts. The fact that this does just that is right what where were looking for.
ProsOut of the box it did what it said it would. It accepts credit card donation via a platform of your choice, paypal or stripe, and then creates and sends out tax receipts. The fact that it also has a CRM and newsletter module are great!
ConsWhile it has a newsletter component, its not as fluid as some other options that are available right now. It is nice that it is included in the monthly fee as opposed to having bundles to add onto after the fact.

By Keela on August 21, 2018
Hi Imran, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Good news - we're currently working on some exciting upgrades to our E-blast template builder, to make it more user friendly. You can vote for this feature to be subscribed to updates in our Ideas Portal here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-8) and add your comments for any functionality you would like to see. Thanks for helping to make Keela better!
Suzanne J.
Environmental Services, Self-employed
May 17, 2019

“Colorado Wild Public Lands' Great Experience with Keela”

OverallKeela has helped Colorado Wild Public Lands to keep an accurate and up to date record of our members and donations. We have interfaced it with Mailchimp and we are using the Keela software to streamline our thank you letters and general record keeping. We've also used the tags function to record event attendance and the different types of contacts we have. We are looking forward to using Keela even more moving forward.
ProsKeela has an engaging and attractive user interface. The colors are appealing and the icons are explanatory. I also like that there is the perfect amount of information displayed on the screen at one time. The software functions well, it is easy to enter data, and its lots of fun to generate reports.
ConsMy only complaint is that I haven't spent enough time using the software to fully explore its capabilities and time saving features. To date, though, it has helped Colorado Wild Public Lands enormously.

By Keela on May 21, 2019
Hello Suzanne. Thanks for your great feedback and comments - we really appreciate you taking the time! I'm absolutely stoked that you've found the system to be engaging and easy to use. That's what we're trying to achieve here and it's very heartening to hear! Please feel free to reach out to us at support@networksforchange.org if you'd like any help getting to know other parts of the system - we're always happy to help! Thank you :)
Caitlin P.
Administrative Assistant
April 17, 2019

“Keela software for our Non-Profit”

ProsThe best thing about this software is the automation and support you receive from their customer service. Every time I had a question, their customer service would reply to me quickly and thoroughly. No robots! They made sure I was happy with whatever problem I was facing. I also like the fact that if they currently don't have a feature you would like, they add it to an ideas portal so it can possibly be added at a later upgrade in the future.
ConsBecause they are fairly new, they don't yet have as many features as other software.

By Keela on April 24, 2019
Heya Caitlin - thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! I'm really glad to hear that you enjoy the support that you receive. We love supporting you :) We're definitely committed to introducing new features to the system and really driving the user experience. It's feedback like this that helps us to do this so we are really grateful to you. Thanks again!
April 17, 2019
Jennifer F.
Executive Assistant

“Keela In Review ”

OverallCustomer service via email ONLY is not ideal, speaking to someone live is always better especially when trying to navigate new territory. While our rep has been helpful, the time spent sending emails could be minimized.
ProsI like the managment of donors and how easy keeping track of donations has become.
ConsIt doesn't have newsletter capabilities as constant contact does, which is the software we were using prior to Keela and we had to go back to it for some time.

By Keela on August 21, 2018
Hi Jennifer, thanks for sharing your thoughts! While we definitely understand that on-demand phone support is preferable, we've made the decision to offer online-only support for now to help keep support in-house and affordable for our clients (it's included in your subscription for free). That said, if there's ever a support issue that we can't resolve easily via email, we're happy to schedule a call/screen share session to hash things out. :) Regarding newsletters, we do have many clients using our E-blast feature (https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/115000790432-Using-E-blasts) to send regular newsletters. I'm happy to let you know we're also in the process of upgrading this feature to be easier to use and offer more template options. You can vote for this idea to be notified of updates here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-8) - and please feel free to add your comments to this idea if there's anything we can do that would make sending newsletters from Keela easier.
Wendy W.
Office Administration
May 24, 2019

“Database upgrade”

OverallSo far, we have not completely switched over, but will make that move soon.
ProsThe system is a great step up from Excel spreadsheets, and we are in the process of a Quickbooks integration which will make tracking donors, sending receipts and email reminders and organizing volunteers a much easier job.
ConsWe would like to have memberships from our website tracked through PayPal and more templates available for e-blasts. I would also prefer calling customer service for complicated questions instead of email support.

By Keela on May 27, 2019
Hi Wendy, Thanks for your feedback! Glad you finding Keela to be a great step up so far. :) Regarding your request for membership payments in PayPal, we've subscribed you to this feature request (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-209) so you'll be notified if this is something we're able to add in the future! Regarding your request for phone support, I'm happy to let you know that we are planning to offer Phone Support in the near future, as an add-on service for those clients who need it. I will let you know about details and pricing for this when it's available. For now, we offer free, unlimited online only support via email - you should hear back from us pretty quickly when you email (usually in around 15 minutes to an hour, but no more than 3 business hours). Thanks again!
May 24, 2019
Jim S.
September 24, 2019

“Keela Has made a world of Difference”

OverallWe used eTapestry for years and you needed a PHD to use it and pay them for set up. Keela normal computer users can learn and use Keela
ProsEasy of use, set up and price. We were able to set up our donor page ourselves - very easy.
ConsThe limit of credit card processors. It would be good for nonprofit not to have to use high priced processors.

By Keela on September 30, 2019
Howdy Jim! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm so glad to hear that you find the system easy to use. We really do aim to make Keela accessible to everyone - No PHDs requird here :) We're always happy to review suggestions for new payment processors to integrate with! Feel free to submit any new suggestions in our Ideas Portal (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/) or vote on any existing requests. Our Product Team loves feedback so the more the merrier. Thank you again!
September 24, 2019
Andrea H.
Veterinary, 11-50 employees
July 2, 2019

“Keela a great option for small non-profits”

OverallKeela is what our organization needed and we are happy with donor management systems. The services are solid and the price is right!
ProsI really like the features including templates for emails, the ability to link donations to sources and soft credits, the online embeddable forms and the ability to have many impact areas. The customer service is exemplary.
ConsA few things I wish were easier. There is no debit option for payment type and reports can be difficult to navigate.

By Keela on July 5, 2019
Hello Andrea - thank you so much for taking the time to leave this feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm so glad to hear that you find the email templates useful :) If you need any assistance with reports please feel free to reach out to us at support@keela.com. We're always happy to help or offer tips and tricks! Thanks again.
July 2, 2019
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
August 13, 2018

“-from a tech newbiei”

Pros-able to give tags to different people to group them in different ways -option to send out e-blasts and customize them with pictures -fast way to keep track of people -interactions button is very helpful along with the choices (in person, email, phone)
Cons-you can not make groups based on more than one tag -e-blast is very hard to figure out -not for those who are not good with computers

By Keela on August 16, 2018
Hey, thanks for your comments! We wanted to let you know that you can create a group of more than 1 tag by creating a Smart List for "Contacts that belong to tag(s)". Read more about Smart Lists here (https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000233292-Create-a-Smart-List). Also, good news - we are in the process of upgrading our E-blast feature to be easier to use. You can subscribe to updates about this feature here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-8).
August 13, 2018
Claire S.
Sports, 11-50 employees
January 16, 2018

“Keela might not be perfect, but they will be soon. ”

ProsThe auto-tax receipt option is fantastic and the rest of the platform makes it easy to create multiple regional email campaigns at once.
ConsThere needs to be a mobile option and also a way to get quick insights about how much money has been raised in a date range instead of having to export donations to get the info.

By Keela on February 13, 2018
We're excited to let you know that our mobile app is coming soon! The best way to be notified of new feature is to subscribe to our blog for updates. For insights on your donations, you can easily create a Smart List for ""Donations that were donated between"" and add your date range. More details here: http://bit.ly/2nOIhOR
January 16, 2018
Jamie P.
Director of Development and Outreach
May 10, 2019

“Sparrow's Nest Review”

OverallKeela is a learning experience. The Smart List features have been nice.
ProsI like that it has a simple interface and is not super complicated. It is a great program for consolidating CRM information.
ConsThe notes are not separated out. It would be awesome to be able to save them individually by input date.

By Keela on May 15, 2019
Hiya Jamie, thanks for taking the time to leave such great feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm glad to hear that you've found Keela simple to use - that's what we're after :) I agree that the ability to separate notes would be great! We've recently added the ability to export Interactions (with dates and notes) from the system which I think may be useful to you! You can find more information about it here: https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027462451-Exporting-Interactions. Thanks again!
May 10, 2019
Cari S.
Communications & Engagement Manager
July 31, 2018

“Keela review”

OverallOverall, it's been a great experience and I would definitely recommend this as one of the best platforms I've seen out there for non-profits!
ProsSuper easy to use as a platform (especially compared to our previous, outdated, limited database). I like how easy it is to search, see high level info, and integrate with other platforms (e.g. mailchimp)
ConsI think reporting and analytics still leave a bit to be desired. It's the only part of the platform that doesn't feel intuitive to me yet. I also think some basic reporting information is not available yet (e.g. if we want to pull 'first time donors' there is no easy way to do that).

By Keela on August 23, 2018
Hi Cari, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Good news, we're planning to make some improvements to our Analytics tools in the near future. You can vote for this feature to subscribe to updates in our Ideas Portal here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-14). Please also feel free to add any comments about functionality or specific reports you'd like to see. I would also encourage you to sign up for our training webinar focused how to get the most out of our current tools - you can sign up here (https://calendly.com/keelasuccess/training-session-3)
July 31, 2018
Kayla W.
Events' Volunteer Coordinator
January 15, 2018

“Keela is helpful and a good way to keep organized. ”

ProsKeela is a great qay to get information out quickly (eblasts) and see all contacts added by each individual in the organization.
ConsI'd like to see the eblasts be more user-friendly. They always end up in junk mail as well. Also, I'd like to see a way to single out groups of contacts or say, volunteer hours of contacts without having to add up individually to see how many collective hours there were in 2017.

By Keela on February 13, 2018
Thanks for your comments! You can definitely build reports using multiple pieces of data in Keela. Please check out our Smart List feature for more details: http://bit.ly/2nOIhOR. Re: e-blasts, we're always happy to receive suggestions on how to improve Keela. Please get in touch with us so we can hear more about what you have in mind: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM
Haley T.
Programs Manager
September 10, 2019

“Great system”

ProsI am new to using systems like this, but it has been very user friendly. I love the different organizational tools that all make sense.
ConsSo far, I love it. The only thing I can think of is that the search function isn't always accurate. If I use the search function under contacts, then I have a much easier way of finding things.

By Keela on September 12, 2019
Hi Haley! Thank you so much for your stellar review! We are so happy to hear that you are loving Keela. We do have two search bars and the top is a global search across Keela, whereas the search lower down the page is specific to contacts, so will definitely produce better results if you are just looking at contact data. You are definitely on the right track there.Thanks again for taking the time to write a review.
September 10, 2019
Jeff B.
February 13, 2019

“Worth the Investment”

OverallI researched 8 different CRM's and Keela was by far the best. Their customer service is excellent. I always get a response within 24 hours if not sooner. The software is pretty user-friendly but Keela provides online training that is very thorough.
ProsKeela is simple, user-friendly and has all the features of expensive CRM's.
ConsKeela is still fairly new so they are working out glitches and adding on what users want.

By Keela on February 19, 2019
Hello Jeff :) Thank you so much for your wonderful review - we really appreciate your kind words. I'm especially glad to hear your positive comments about the Custom Service - thank you! I agree that we are still working towards making Keela the absolute best that it can be - Look forward to some really exciting changes that are coming in March and April this year (2019)! All the best!
February 13, 2019
Raji A.
Program Manager
January 17, 2018

“Keela has significantly improved the way our team manages our current volunteers ”

ProsIt is easy to work through. Very user friendly. I like that you can have different tags for volunteers from different programs. It has the ability to send out blast emails and add pictures etc. which is great.
ConsIt would be great if we can do multiple filters for when we need to pull specific statistics. There are areas of improvement in regards to different options available under "interactions"

By Keela on February 13, 2018
Thanks for your comments! You can definitely build reports using multiple pieces of data in Keela. Please check out our Smart List feature for more details: http://bit.ly/2nOIhOR. Re: interactions, we'd love to hear what you have in mind to improve this feature. Please get in touch with us here: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM
January 17, 2018
Robert R.
Donor Relations Coordinator
April 29, 2019

“KEELA is a great value proposition”

ProsEasy to understand and use and good upfront help in getting started
ConsNo phone support. Only email support which is very responsive.

By Keela on May 1, 2019
Hello Robert, thank you very much for leaving this great feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time! I'm very glad to hear that you find the system easy to understand and a good value proposition - this is exactly what we're hoping to achieve! It's always a work in progress - at the moment we aren't able to offer phone support as you say. However, we're definitely considering the option of introducing this in the future. We'll be sure to let you know if we do. In the meantime, we look forward to working with you and seeing the incredible things that you and your organization achieve! Thanks again!
April 29, 2019
Heather R.
Outreach and Land Programs Assistant
Farming, 1-10 employees
August 15, 2018

“Keela review after, admittedly, limited use”

OverallI am very excited about using Keela moving forward, once all of the bugs of importing data is smoothed out. I think that the amount of ways you can use Keela and tasks you can complete is going to streamline many of our activities and create efficiencies.
ProsThat it is a web-based platform, meaning it is easily accessible regardless of where I'm working for the day. I also appreciate clean design, which helps deal with the sense of feeling overwhelmed that I've had with other databases. And though I am only beginning to learn the breadth of features, the shear volume of what I am able to do is astounding.
ConsThe dashboard could better reflect the aspects of Keela that my organization uses most - as a very small team, the 'projects' piece just isn't needed. Having a quarter of the dashboard dedicated to this feels unnecessary for us and, perhaps, could be dedicated to something else. We have also had some issues with set-up and importing all of our information that has been a challenge and time consuming (though customer support has been very responsive).

By Keela on August 23, 2018
Hi Heather, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Good news, we are planning to make improvements to our Dashboard for greater flexibility and customization. You can vote for this feature to be subscribed to updates here: (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-10) - and please feel free to add your comments to this idea for any specific functionality that you're looking for.
August 15, 2018
Renée M.
Director of Operations
Higher Education, 1-10 employees
July 24, 2018

“Keela Works Well for Our Small Non-profit”

OverallOverall, implementation of Keela was fairly painless. The Keela team is very responsive and hospitable. The features you get for the price are excellent, I would (and have) recommended Keela to other organizations!
ProsKeela is fairly easy to get started on and use. It has a fairly intuitive interface and an attractive look. The integrations with Google are appreciated. The price, for a small budget non-profit like ours, is pretty good.
ConsI wish there was a way to assign donations and memberships to Households, not just individual contacts. Most of our members and donors are institutions.

By Keela on August 21, 2018
Hey Renée, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! Good news, we're in the process of designing a feature (Organization Contacts) to make it easier for you to separate "people" and "organizations" in your contact list. You can vote for this idea to subscribe to updates about this feature here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-52). The idea also has a suggestion for a workaround to use until this feature is available, which you might find helpful. If you have any questions, just email us at support@networksforchange.org.
July 24, 2018