Bookamat Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.4/5

About Bookamat

FREE for your first 10 active clients each month. Bookamat is an all-in-one Yoga class management platform that lets you to take bookings and payments from your website, and allows your clients to manage their own bookings which saves you time. With our unique pay-as-you-grow pricing, Bookamat is easy-to-use, affordable, and includes all the features need to manage and grow your business. Check out our free live demo today! Learn more about Bookamat

Shari d.
Pilates Teacher
October 22, 2018

“Bookamat Review”

OverallThe Bookamat team is very open to suggestions to improve functionality of the software and are highly responsive to fixing any bugs or problems that may be encountered.
ProsBookamat offers enough functionality and options to set up the booking, scheduling and payment requirements any almost any business. The product is geared to the local market (South Africa)and is charged in Rands. I don't have to worry about changing currencies on my invoices, paying for the software in a foreign currency (with fluctuating exchange rates) or dealing with international terminology and solutions that aren't applicable to me. It is affordable for a small business - a big bonus when every scent counts. I run Pilates studio with 3 teachers and can easily plan, schedule and manage the use of the equipment within the studio. Bookamat is easy to use, saves me a lot of time managing client's constantly changing schedules and I no longer have to 'negotiate' around late cancellations or poor communication. Clients quickly take responsibility for their schedules and become more compliant. They like the fact that they can manage cancellations, waitlisting or re-scheduling of appointments when it suits them. Monthly invoicing has become a 10 minute exercise as opposed to the 3-4 hour admin nightmare it used to be! The software is constantly evolving and improving, with new features added regularly. Each month it gets easier to use and offers better functionality for my business, meaning I spend less time on admin.
ConsThe product is web-based and can use a lot of mobile data. It would be great if it could be offered as an App. The page times out if used over the whole day and requires periodic logging in. This can be a bit frustrating. New clients can find it a little difficult to navigate in the beginning, but soon get used to the format. Perhaps this will improve in future releases. The product does not offer much in terms of reporting and accounting functions - although these are apparently in the pipeline.
October 22, 2018
Michelle M.
March 30, 2019

“Book a Mat makes my business run more effective”

OverallAll of the comments in the most like about Bookamat reflects.
ProsBook a Mat allows clients to have control over their own bookings being able to reschedule and or place a lesson in credit. The credit system is a lifesaver and having an electronic record of clients credits (how many and by when it will expire). From running my business effectively Book a Mat has just taken the studio to a new level of professionalism and accurism. Having the ability to amend the activity time, venue, instructor and participants has most defiantly enhanced the smooth daily operation of the business. The ability to place Public holidays and or normal closure times and having a platform to email all the clients with announcements once again is just part of this amazing platform. The team at Book a Mat delivers the most efficient, professional and timeously customer service. No request is too much for the dedicated team of Book a Mat. Book a Mat is constantly improving their product and services which is vital in the fast pace times of constant tech improvements and Book a Mat most defiantly stays on par. The launch of individual QR code for the studio truly reflects this. Thank you Book a Mat as the studio that I own will not be able to deliver the customer service without Book a Mat. It has been a journey which I hope will continue and will grow from strength to strength.
ConsThe older genre of clients do struggle to work the system.
March 30, 2019
estelle r.
OWNER
September 10, 2019

“Highly recommend”

OverallFriendly and intelligent team that somehow cope with my enormous amount of questions on the daily and are open for feedback and suggestions on adjusting the system. I run a yoga studio (just started in a new space) so the ease of booking is the most important aspect. This team comes highly recommended.
ProsEase of use and access to information in the reports section is great for me when it comes to pay staff i can easily see their hours.
Cons- it doesn't have an app - you cant see the full timetable unless you register - it confuses clients when they click book and it goes to cart (not all clients) but some people find this confusing when the class disappears from the schedule...

By Bookamat on September 12, 2019
Thanks for posting a review Estelle. The upcoming changes we have coming should assist those few clients get the hang of adding bookings to their cart :)
September 10, 2019
William H.
Studio Owner

“Making admin easy”

OverallSoftware developers have been open to suggestions from me as a studio owners and customised settings for my specific needs! Always willing to look at problems and come up with a solution. Support is amazing and replying very quickly to enquiries
ProsDesigned specifically for pilates type studios. I tried a few other booking sites but were very complicated with too many options. I like it that the software is simple and easy to manage the backend as a non tech person
ConsAll the things that I didn't like was fixed by the software developers
Kirsten-Lee P.
Pilates Studio Owner
October 20, 2018

“Solid product from a great team”

ProsFrom the outset, its the service from Bookamat that makes them stand out. They're small enough to offer personalised service, but large enough to punch above their weight against international competitors. The site is user-friendly and intuitive, and overall represents great value for the customer.
ConsIt meets our needs for our small business in every way - where there has been glitches, or if functionality required optermisation, the Bookamat team is quick to resolve and embrace change to the benefit of the customer and clients.
October 20, 2018
Robyn M.
Studio Owner
July 18, 2017

“Excellent service from Benjamin who is always receptive of recommendations and actions them promptly”

OverallA functioning booking system that is cost effective and reliable.
ProsAttractive home page, all the current features and the new feature of SMS reminder's which are still to come. The price is very reasonable and assists a small business immensely.
ConsThere is no App, which clients frequently comment on. It would certainly make bookings a lot easier as logging onto Bookamat via your phone takes time and can be difficult to navigate. The credit page doesn't use drop down menu's to minimise the long list of credits.

By Bookamat on July 31, 2017
Thanks for the kind review Robyn :) We'll be looking at adding an App in 2018.
July 18, 2017
Jolene P.
December 13, 2017

“This is the most amazing booking software as it has taken my business to the next level”

OverallIt has changed the way I do business!!
ProsThe ease of use, the excellent support and most of all the opportunity to grow. It is developing all the time and this has allowed my business to flourish. My students are extremely happy with bookamat and talk about the features and functionality all the time. The quality of the website is top class. The best part is that for a little studio like mine it is affordable and I have recommended it to other studios in the area as its not competition that divides us but co-opportition that unites us and allows the consumer more choice. We need to work together to grow more. Thank you bookamat for creating a platform for us to prosper!!
ConsWaiting for the mobile app however understanding the cost and knowing that this is on the table... there are NO CONS!!
December 13, 2017
Lauren S.
Studio owner
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
January 5, 2017

“This software is a lifesaver if you currently run your own client base. Huge time saver.”

OverallBookamat is great value for money and outshines it's competitors by a huge margin! I have previously used other software such as MindBody which was very expensive and not at all user-friendly. I am so relieved to now have BookaMat as an integral part of my business which saves me and my customers so much time and hassle! I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs an online booking tool, particularly with services which are in groups of people.
ProsSaves me time
ConsAlthough the layout is pretty simple, it could be improved upon in terms of easy navigation. Overall it is user-friendly though.
Recommendations to other buyersI think the list of class credits should be displayed in alphabetical order - not by date of expiry as it currently displays. I think that when one uses the "filter" in the search for classes, that the selected filter options should remain until such time that one is finished with the tasks at hand. At the moment the filter keeps refreshing which means that one needs to refilter again and again when performing certain tasks.
January 5, 2017
Izelle N.
Yoga Studio Owner
July 9, 2019

“Bookamat is best”

OverallLove it as it is and now, it will improve over time and get even better!
ProsI love the time it saves me! And customers can pay online, buying on impulse. I am making more money.
ConsIt loads very slow. Capturing names takes a bit of time.

By Bookamat on July 11, 2019
Thanks Izelle :) We will investigate the load times as they certainly shouldn't be slow!
July 9, 2019
Gayle L.
December 1, 2016

“Making easier access ”

OverallSometimes technically challenging. Some technical input and output should be easier and more logical. When a student does not have issues the system works like a rolls Royce. But when students have challenging changes, the system is not easy to work through , e.g. " I come to a weekly session but want to add two extra classes" the student and myself found it hard to navigate. It kinda needs to be more "giving". I am a paper and pen person. Slowly finding my way around and through the system. Students are also finding and sifting their way around the system. I could chat to you about this with more in depth info if you like. It has made my life a bit easier as far as admin goes but early days. On the whole a great product absolutely necessary in our industry. The changeover has not been easy but slowly getting there. Hey, I'm almost 60 so a bit technically challenged. If I can navigate through the system anyone can.
December 1, 2016
Benjamin S.
Managing Director
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
November 30, 2016

“Great solution for South African Pilates studios”

OverallI am a student who attends a Pilates studio in Cape Town which recently started using Bookamat. I am amazed at how easy it is to reschedule, pay and make new bookings from the convenience of my mobile phone. It also gives me reminders for upcoming classes and expiring credits and even lets me join waiting lists for classes I want to join but are already full. It is easy to use and certainly saves me time that I would usually spend trying to contact my busy Pilates instructor when I needed to reschedule a class. Thanks Bookamat :)
ProsIt's user-friendly design and the fact that it lets me reschedule and pay for my classes easily.
ConsI would like to be able to integrate my bookings into my Google calendar.
November 30, 2016
Nikki C.
Director certified Pilates instructor
Professional Training & Coaching, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial

“Onwards and upwards”

OverallEvery day, it gets better and better.
ProsSimplicity in design with constant improvements based on customer requests.
ConsEase of booking clients in permanently throughout the year. Also, note taking area would be fantastic addition under Client Account.